PAGE loading ... please wait!

Mexicana Airlines Passenger Reviews and Mexicana Airlines Customer Trip Reports

Mexicana Airlines Economy class seat reviews

Mexicana Airlines Aircraft Seat Plans

Mexicana Airlines Business class seat reviews

YOU CAN NOW VOTE   HERE  FOR THE AIRLINE OF THE YEAR

MEXICANA AIRLINES customer review :  31 August 2010 by C Donnell   (USA)

Havana-Cancun-Havana - Mexicana suspended all flights at noon 08/28/10 because of bankruptcy. The airline did nothing to notify travelers who are in mid trip that their return flights have been cancelled. Service on the outbound leg was fine; we had planned to use Mexicana on future trips. The price was acceptable and service professional. Mexicana's suspension of flights between Mexico and Cuba further reduces the number of options for travel to the island.

MEXICANA AIRLINES customer review :  27 August 2010 by A Yoo   (USA)

2 out of 3 flights I booked for were cancelled without prior notice. Their web check-in program didn't work. Mexicana staff who handled the cancellation had horrible attitude also. A ground manager insisted 3-hr early arrival for the seat guarantee. Staff behind the counter lied. After all these, I've heard of Mexicana's bankruptcy. Unless they improve their system and attitude, they shall be eliminated from the industry. This is the last airline anyone can use on business or leisure. Stay away from Mexicana if you want to be on time or be treated as a customer.

MEXICANA AIRLINES customer review :  18 August 2010 by P Pandit   (USA)

I flew to Mexico City from Tijuana a couple of weeks ago, and was told that our luggage was over the weight permitted for a domestic flight. They wanted to charge me around $50 for the excess baggage charge. I was then told to go see another person at the next counter to pay! That young lady informed me that she could upgrade us to Business Class for around $10 more, and I would not have to pay the excess baggage fee - so I went for that option. Food and service were good. I returned yesterday from Mexico City to Tijuana, same excess baggage issue, this time they charged me around $70! I asked why the price difference between Tijuana & Mexico City, couldn't get a straight answer. When I gave them my credit card to pay, they told me they couldn't accept credit cards, it had to be in cash! So, I had to go to an ATM and withdraw money to pay them in cash. That should have been a harbinger of things to come. The flight was horrible, constant turbulence, pilots never once got on the PA to explain. I'm not surprised that they are in bankruptcy!

MEXICANA AIRLINES customer review :  10 August 2010 by G Yoshioka   (USA)

Direct flight to Puerto Rico was canceled the night before our early morning flight. We found out through our credit card company which we booked the flight through and did not get any notification/explanation from Mexicana. We paid for direct flight cost but had to deal with a 5-hr layover in Mexico City. Spent hours waiting on the phone to find out that Mexicana would not provide any discount and that we had to decide immediately whether we wanted to keep the flight or not. Spent 12 hours at the airport/inflight for what should have been a 3 hr flight. On returning to the US, we thought we got lucky as Mexicana offered a direct flight back. Traded in our connecting flight which would have gotten us home at 9:00pm for the direct flight. The direct flight was delayed three times. Each time was a different excuse. Once in the airplane, we found out that they doublebooked the same seat. We had our two kids with us so we asked to stay together. For some reason the attendants couldn't figure out where to reposition people and we had figure it out ourselves with the help of friendly passengers. Didn't reach the US until around 3:30AM (6.5hrs after our original flight would have arrived) Will never use Mexicana again.

MEXICANA AIRLINES customer review :  30 July 2010 by T Stehr   (USA)

Worst airline I have dealt with. Booked a direct flight from LAX to Puerto Vallarta. Found out through a friend (not the airline) that the flight had been cancelled. I called and asked for a refund, after over one hour the supervisor acknowledged that they had cancelled the flight but refused a refund and said I must take a connecting flight at a totally different time. I told him I have not intention of taking a connecting flight when I only booked with them because the flight was direct. He then asked for an additional $100.00 and then some of the money could be reused on Mexicana Airlines.

MEXICANA AIRLINES customer review :  27 July 2010 by J Martinez   (USA)

Worst airline I have ever dealt with. I am not even off the ground and they have changed both my round trip flights to Cabo at Thanksgiving and my roundtrip flights to Puerto Vallarta in October out of LAX to 1 stop flights with long layovers - and out of the way stops. Best part they won't let me cancel and refund my money. Its a bait and switch. They get you to book these great direct flights at good prices and then change it on you.

MEXICANA AIRLINES customer review :  21 July 2010 by R Kampel   (UK)

MEX-CCS Shocking check-in service. Arrived at airport 90 minutes before flight, which departs at an awkward 1:05AM to find the whole international check-in area deserted. One baggage handler on site was not helpful, by claiming flight was closed and everyone had "gone home" and it was our fault for not having checked in over 2hrs before the flight! People at sales desk equally unpleasant saying they were closed and could not get in contact with gate crew. By blind luck we spotted a Mexicana agent making her way to departures gate and had to beg to be put on the flight. Flight actually arrived at the gate at 00:45, so what were they thinking?? Once onboard, business class seats on the A320 are very good and wide, service ok, considering I blacked out. I know I can't judge the airline based on this one experience, but in this instance service was beyond redemption.

MEXICANA AIRLINES customer review :  8 July 2010 by L Smith   (UK)

Caracas to Mexico City (terrible) and Ciudad del Carmen Mexico to Mexico City (excellent), both in economy class. Mexicana check-in staff in Caracas unsuccessfully attempted to extort some sort of payment in exchange for a Venezuelan emigration form, which is actually free of charge at the emigration desk later on. They also mentioned a 25 dollar change fee, when the ticket had been issued and confirmed as changed by British Airways already, so I became unpleasant, and the subject was dropped. By contrast, for a domestic flight with Mexicana Click from Ciudad del Carmen, check-in staff was very friendly, moving me to an earlier flight for free and ensuring my bags got checked onto another carrier in Mexico City. Service on board was nice.

1 2 3 4