PAGE loading ... please wait!

Mexicana Airlines Passenger Reviews and Mexicana Airlines Customer Trip Reports

Mexicana Airlines 3-Star Airline Ranking

Mexicana Airlines Economy class seat reviews

Mexicana Airlines Aircraft Seat Plans

Mexicana Airlines Business class seat reviews

MEXICANA AIRLINES customer review :  3 January 2010 by B McBride   (Canada)

Booked my end of December flight, return, from Edmonton to Puerto Escondido in April. On the receipt, it indicated that seat selection could not be done until check-in. I tried to do it online, but the website would not allow me to. Called Mexicana to confirm my reservation the day before the flight, and was told it was confirmed. At the airport, I was put on stand-by, and did not make the flight. I was rerouted through Toronto, then onto Mexico City the next morning using Air Canada. I made a formal complaint as online when I arrived, and two weeks later I am still waiting for a reply. I phoned Mexicana to confirm a seat assignment on the return, but was told that for "safety reasons" the airline holds back 30 seats until check-in. Again, I will be on standby. It has been a nightmare! Considering that I paid for this trip 9 months ago, I would have expected better.

MEXICANA AIRLINES customer review :  30 December 2009 : by T Campbell   (USA)

IAD to CUN. Surprised to receive meal and beverages included. Return flight again inflight meal and beverages, excellent service, clean plane. Very satisfied.

MEXICANA AIRLINES customer review :  20 December 2009 : by R Luis   (UK)

I bought an upgrade tto Elite Class at LGW airport for MEX flight, Expecting a good service on board but it was not this way - ground staff was great but once I was on my seat started the issues. I asked for glass of water before take off but cabin crew denied the service - they said after the take off it will be fine. Afterwards every time I wanted to ask for something the crew always encouraged me to stand up from my seat and go to the front of the cabin to help myself! Awful service. I would not recommend MX at all.

MEXICANA AIRLINES customer review :  20 December 2009 : by R Dunham   (USA)

Mexicana - sometimes they are good and sometimes they are dreadful. On my most recent flights from Mexico-Dallas-Mexico-Buenos Aires in Classe Elite things went smoothly. I have finally learned that by ordering a special meal (namely Gluten Free Meal)I can receive a menu variation that does not present the usual fare they have served for the past two years. The long haul sector service has improved - we finally got served drinks before the meal service. The complaint I had on this flight was terrible 1980's style Business Class seats they insist are Classe Elite service. A manually operated recliner seat just does not measure up to their other flight seats to London and Madrid. I have also learned that even after you have made flight reservations, it is hallmark that you constantly check with them online or via their 800 toll free number for any changes. They never ever bother to contact passengers of any changes and/or cancellations.

MEXICANA AIRLINES customer review :  18 November 2009 : by J Wood   (Canada)

We reserved, bought and paid for via the internet flights from Edmonton, Alberta to Acapulco, Mexico for March/April spring break 2010 in Sept 2009. The dates had to match our booked timeshare condo accommodation. As the return date was sold out I booked 2 additional hotel days at a separate hotel in addition. I thought our upcoming vacation was all set. Kennel for dogs was booked, house sitter was booked etc. Watching the evening news a few weeks later I was not happy to hear that Mexicana had discontinued their service from Edmonton. Apparently they also find it unnecessary to notify people as I have yet to hear anything from them. If I had not been watching the news I would be totally unaware that my paid in full ticket reservations are now totally worthless. I am certainly not going to rebook flights with Mexicana thru Calgary (3 hour drive south of here) as the unofficial word is that that service will be dropped soon also. I still see frustration and anger ahead to obtain a refund from Mexicana, but after what has transpired to date I see little chance of an apology or attempt to make good from them. Be Warned.

MEXICANA AIRLINES customer review :  28 October 2009 : by Steffen Frey   (Germany)

MEX-MTY return on A318/A319. Both flights delayed by around 20 mins. Staff was friendly and helpful, check-in was done in a very short time. The cabin interiors were in good condition and clean, seats provided good legroom. On these flights of around 1 hour 15 mins, they serve a sandwich and a chocolate bar. Complementary bar service included several kinds of mexican beer, tequila, vodka, gin and other spirits.

MEXICANA AIRLINES customer review :  28 September 2009 : by Rod Hocking   (Australia)

MEX-/HAV-MEX. As part of a long trip we had necessarily purchased our tickets some months prior to flying, only to be told on arrival at check-in that we did not have a seat allocation and would be on stand-by. Amazingly the system does NOT allocate you a seat number when you purchase a ticket and this is only obtainable via further manipulation of the system. Managed to get the last 2 seats (many rows apart) for self/spouse but only after pushing in and pestering staff. Flight/food adequate. When I attended the Mexicana office in Havana I found out that we didn't have allocated seats on the return flights either, and further; that there were only 3 seats left. With assistance from a great local tour guide we had seats assigned to us, to be fair the local agent was ready to assist and was not surpised that this had happened. On the return leg we had to wait 4 hours for an aircraft due ro a seasonal time change, again aircraft/food adequate. On arrival in MEX found that one bag had not made the flight and would have to wait 24hours as there was only one Mexicana flight per day between these cities. When bag finally arrived it had been ransacked and many items missing. Due to time restraints unable to confront Mexicana staff. Overall, do not fly Mexicana as a first choice airline if possible.

MEXICANA AIRLINES customer review :  24 July 2009 : by C Jarvis   (UK)

London Gatwick - Mexico City - San Jose, Costa Rica return. Scheduled take off times are a bit of a joke. Both flights to/from LGW delayed by more than 1 hour, not much of an issue for the return leg, but major issue for the outward as I had allowed the recommended 2 hours transfer time for Mexico City, and the plane left 1.25 hours late! Fortunately made up 1 hour during the flight. Mexico City is a bit of a nightmare for a transit passenger, as you have to go through immigration. Planes were clean and comfortable. Crew courteous and helpful. Inflight entertainment was basic - digital tapes, so no choice of movie shown in cabin. No flight info available during flight, very little info from the flight deck. Food was OK. Verdict - cheap & cheerful.

MEXICANA AIRLINES customer review :  14 July 2009 : by J Campos   (USA)

GDL-MEX-YYZ-MEX-GDL. Absolute minimum level of service provided by flight attendants. Mexicana has deteriorated sharply from an average airline to one where they have abandoned any attempt to provide customer service. They have also devalued their frequent flier program by introducing a new program (MexicanaGo) without allowing previous Mexicana Frequente members to switch. Those that remained in Frequenta need twice as much in miles to redeem a flight. Mexicana management is very sneaky, and what can you expect from the rest of the company. I would avoid Mexicana like the plague.

MEXICANA AIRLINES customer review :  29 June 2009 : by Kurt Pena   (USA)

Flew Mexicana round trip San Francisco to Mexico City. Gate assignment was not available at check in. Gate assignment was never posted on the terminal's departure screens. It was only posted in the gate 19 area, which they apparently use as staging area only (a point they were careful to point out during ticketing.) A319 had very uncomfortable seats. One flight attendant was very courteous and spoke some English. Another spoke only Spanish and was discourteous. After serving our meal and starting the in flight movie, all three main cabin attendants disappeared into the rear galley instead of continuing to attend to their paying passengers.

1 2 3 4