PAGE loading ... please wait!

Mexicana Airlines Passenger Reviews and Mexicana Airlines Customer Trip Reports

Mexicana Airlines 3-Star Airline Ranking

Mexicana Airlines Economy class seat reviews

Mexicana Airlines Aircraft Seat Plans

Mexicana Airlines Business class seat reviews

MEXICANA AIRLINES customer review :  17 February 2010 by Linda Lehnert   (Mexico)

CUN-GDL with layover in MEX. Both flights were good with comfortable seats, good food and helpful, friendly flight attendants. Announcements in Spanish and English. The plane to Mexico City was larger, from MEX to GDL was a Boeing 717. I was asleep most of the way from MEX-GDL so missed out on the snack, but the food on CUN-MEX was very good. They took very good care of my 4 cats who all arrived in GDL in fine shape.

MEXICANA AIRLINES customer review :  16 February 2010 by S Pierce   (USA)

Cancun to Dulles last night (Feb 14), our first time on Mexicana - a rebooking after our delayed Delta flight the night before was finally cancelled over 6 hours after it was supposed to have taken off. The Mexicana flight departed on time and arrived early, offered good hot food and a selection of beverages - without charge! Flight attendants were delightful - seemed to enjoy their work and interact with the passengers. We haven't seen edible and/or free food and happy-looking flight attendants on a US airline (we've flown most of them) in years. Next time, we're booking our flight on Mexicana.

MEXICANA AIRLINES customer review :  8 February 2010 by Linda Wahl   (USA)

Mexico City to Denver. The flight had a lot of young couples and small children - flight was not full so children were allowed to move from seat to seat, run in the aisle, climb over the backs of the seats and yell. The adults were loud and were standing in the aisle next to their seats and mine and the flight attendants did nothing. Some of the announcements were not given in English. It was a very unpleasant experience and I will not fly Mexicana again, regardless of the price. Comfort and a pleasant environment is worth more. On our flight from Buenos Aires to Mexico City the customs forms were passed out our was in Spanish and when I asked for one in English I was told that they did not carry the forms in English.

MEXICANA AIRLINES customer review :  6 February 2010 by Kathleen Kensinger   (USA)

This was the worst travel experience I have had. Flight 976 was supposed to fly nonstop GDL to SFO. Instead, the pilot landed, unannounced, in San Jose CA. We were stuck on the plane for 4 hours. The pilot privately told some passengers that Mexicana "overflew" him and he could not go to SFO but we were never appraised of this situation. The crew privately said Customs would not let us off plane and several passengers called Customs and they said it was Mexicana's fault. Awful communications and customer care on this flight. Nobody kept us informed or even bothered to apologize! When we finally got off plane and thru Customs, a Mexicana employee told us ground transportation to SFO would be covered and that shuttles and taxis had been ordered. We waited for over an hour and after 1-30am, 4 of us finally got one of the first taxis to SFO. The cab driver told us however that Mexicana had never called them for taxis. He then called his dispatcher to get cabs for all the rest of the stranded passengers. I have never, ever experienced such slipshod mismanagement from any airline like this! Mexicana should be ashamed of how they handled this situation.

MEXICANA AIRLINES customer review :  23 January 2010 by Rebecca Porter   (Mexico)

Flight 832 January 14th 2010. I checked ahead of time on the web and it said I was allowed 2 free checked bags for traveling internationally. I got to check out counter and I was charged $42 for the second bag. My husband explained that he had checked on line to see what the regulations were and I was allowed 2 free checked bags. The attendant said she was sorry, but that it was still considered "peak" season and the rates did not apply until the following week. I was in seat 12A and the table was broken and kept falling. There was no one seated next to me, so I was able to utilize that tray table. Although I realize the attendant was just following orders and was not responsible for the guidelines, we felt like the treatment was deceptive. I would not have taken a second bag if the information had been displayed on the web.

MEXICANA AIRLINES customer review :  19 January 2010 by B McBride   (Canada)

Further to a review I did a few weeks ago, my saga with Mexicana Airlines continues. On my return flight from Puerto Escondido to Mexico City, I arrived at the airport 5 hours early in hopes of getting on the first flight out. Another young man arrived about 10 minutes after I did. They called both of us up a half hour before the flight, and he got a ticket but I did not. I did get on the second flight. The next day, the Mexico to Edmonton flight was again overbooked and others were denied boarding. Luckily I got a seat on the flight and made it back to Edmonton, but when we arrived we were told that not all the luggage had come. It looked as if about 25 pieces of luggage were on the carousel. Almost the entire airplane load of passengers had to line up to fill in missing baggage reports. I received my luggage 5 days later. I'm still arguing with Mexicana regarding paying for the hotel I had to get in Toronto because I was denied boarding on the flight down. They refuse to pay for the hotel, insisting that a reservation was made for the three of us rerouted through Toronto. Unfortunately we were never given a name of a hotel, nor vouchers, so the reservations (if they were indeed made) would have been of no use to us. The lack of customer service at Mexicana is appalling, and similar to other comments made on this site, it seems as if Mexicana will never compensate passengers financially.

MEXICANA AIRLINES customer review :  9 January 2010 by H Sato   (USA)

LAX to Costa Rica. Although there were fewer than 20 passengers in front of me in the check- in, there was an hour and a half wait time (they did not appear to be busy or have issues that would warrant the wait time). When passengers began complaining, they moved them closer to the front of the line. As a result, passengers around me began to argue with each other because Mexicana allowed them to cut in line. During check-in, the airline representative confirmed the vegetarian meal that I ordered. However, when I asked the flight attendant on the airplane, she indicated that there was no such record and there was nothing she could do about it. Additionally, they changed one of my flight times without informing me. If I had not confirmed my ticket, I would have missed my connection.

MEXICANA AIRLINES customer review :  9 January 2010 by F Vedrenne   (Mexico)

MEX-MAD-MEX on new A330. Seat configuration (3x3x3) in economy class wasn't bad, I couldn't notice any difference between this and other configuration. I was seating in row 27 on both flights where seats are reduced from 9 to 7 abreast, so probably why it didn't feel cramped. Check in in MEX was fast, boarding was chaos as it always is on gates from 20 to 24 in T1 at MEX. Upon boarding we were greeted by cheerful flight attendants. Amenity Kit with eyeshades, socks, hand cream, moisturizer, and toothbrush distributed. Food average, nothing great. IFE was AVOD but lacked selection. Flight was quite empty. Check in for the inbound flight was a disgrace: operated by the much dreaded Iberia ground staff. Boarding was OK, take off delayed because of problems with seat assignments. Service was good again, crew patrolled the cabin often. Food great on this flight.

MEXICANA AIRLINES customer review :  7 January 2010 by M Ichaud   (USA)

I like the earlier comment that said "cheap and cheerful" ! That's how Mexicana was for us, people are nice but a lot could be improved. We got a good price for Elite Class, JFK to PXM via MEX and OAX to JFK via MEX. It was a few hundreds more than economy on US airlines, which are so infamously bad. JFK to MEX: quick check in, OK Admirals Club lounge at JFK, departure on time, so so food and very limited service, the hostess was in a hurry to change the plates and go read her magazine in the galley. No champagne. Bad movie selection and bad image quality on the player. OK seating, large seat but not fully reclining. Over an hour to clear immigration and customs in Mexico - dreadful! Slow and inefficient, but friendly MEX to PXM efficient, apart that luggage delivery is a mess and MEX airport is uninteresting. OAX to MEX: I tried to check in online, the line was crazy to drop luggage, but the elite line was quick, otherwise they did not re-print our boarding passes and security did not let us get to the gate until we went back to the check in desk and made it with a manager accompanying us. Messy. The plane had an elite section (it was sold as all economy) which was empty, we would have appreciated being seated there as we were continuing in Elite class. Overall a good quick flight though. Airplanes clean and in good condition. MEX to JFK: nice lounge, nice staff all the way, the food was a little bit better than on the other way, champagne was there and it was the best segment.

1 2 3 4