Meridiana Customer Reviews and Meridiana Passenger Trip Reports

1 2

Check Meridiana passenger information in our customer travel guide

Meridiana 3-Star Airline Ranking

Meridiana Passenger Reviews & Trip Reports

Meridiana Customer review :  2 October 2014 by P Falkowska (Poland)

I took the flight MXP-MRU last month and I found it comfortable, value-for-money and competitive versus other Italian carriers when it comes to the service and comfort on board. Quite comfortable seats, very attentive staff and delicious meals together with a competitive price was a nice surprise. There is no inflight entertainment but in business they hand out iPads, which somehow makes up for it.

Meridiana Customer review :  29 September 2014 by G Matassa (Italy)

I flew from Olbia to Paris CDG. Overall positive feedback, service on board was good and flight attendants proved to be really helpful. Only negative part is arriving at CDG terminal 3, a very poor infrastructure.

Meridiana Customer review :  18 September 2014 by S Speers (UK)

Awful airline! I flew to Olbia on the 30th of August 2014 and returned 6th September. On the way out after booking we got informed our flight had changed from 16.00h to 08.00h giving us almost one whole day less on holiday. When leaving London Gatwick we arrived at the airport 2hours prior to out given departure time 18.50h to find the flight was not at 20.40h (approx). This change meant that we arrived to Olbia at 00.30 where our car rental desk was closed, our apartment did not answer calls and all surrounding hotels cost at least 150 euro! Not to add, customer service on our ancient plane was terrible, luckily this had improved on out return. Our first night of holiday was a disaster thanks to this airline and then in addition with was cut from 7 to 6 days.

Meridiana Customer review :  7 September 2014 by S Delrio (Italy)

I flew more than a few times from Cagliari-Linate and Alghero-Linate. Planes used were mostly old McDonnell- Douglas MD-80, although the company has recently renewed seats and overall furniture, flying on these planes still has an 80's flavor. On MD-80 seats are ok, but a very tall person could feel somewhat unease. There is not a lot of space for the hand-luggage on the over-head lockers. Meridiana also own much newer and more comfortable Airbus A320, but they are less numerous than MD-80s. On the numerous flight I took I don't remember major delays. Staff was always nice. Snacks and Drinks service could be improved. Overall I will for sure fly again with Meridiana, but for flights from Sardinia to the Peninsula I will always prefer Alitalia.

Meridiana Customer review :  29 August 2014 by Davide Greco (Italy)

LIN-OLB on Aug 11th, back on Aug 23rd. First time flying with them, a kind of throw back to the 80's flight experience. They had a sort of monopoly for flights to Sardinia Island before EasyJet came in as a new player, still very strong on this route. Onward leg on time but terrible seat pitch on the MD82: the flight is short, about 1hr, otherwise it would have been painful. The dedicated counter for baggage drop off was left unattended so only one queue in Linate: check-in procedures looked slower than I am used to with other airlines but luckily there were not so many people waiting for being registered. Return leg delayed 15 minutes, again an old MD82 with slightly better leg room. Staff were polite, nothing more. Drinks were served quickly after take off. Ticket was expensive (300EUR) because of the peak of the holidays season: Easyjet was offering more or less the same rate but with lower baggage allowance and departing from MXP which is far away from my hometown. Not my favorite airline for sure but I will probably give them a second chance. Olbia Costa Smeralda airport is a brand new, shiny and pleasant place: this was the best part of my trip actually.

Meridiana Customer review :  15 August 2014 by Julian Phillips (UK)

Flight from London Gatwick to Olbia and back. Plane delayed about 45 mins going out. No explanation. Poorest leg room of any airline I've travelled with. No inflight information. Otherwise ok. On the way back. Well I'm typing this in the check-in queue. I've been queuing for 90 minutes so far. No explanations offered. They seem to be taking about 15 mins to check in each passenger. Original flight time shown as delayed by 30 mins. They will need more than that at this rate of check in. If there is a problem surely someone has the customer service initiative to tell us.

Meridiana Customer review :  15 August 2014 by Roger Bowen (UK)

Having only ever flown with Easyjet before to Italy I decided to fly Meridiana to Naples from Gatwick North Terminal and was pleasantly surprised. The fare included a 23kg free bag which when added onto to the cost of Easyjet made it more expensive than Meridiana. Check-in at North Terminal was easy and quick and the boarding process at the gate was efficient and in staggered boarding from the back. On board the seats were comfortable and room for me at 6ft2" tall. There was a complimentary onboard service of sandwich and soft drinks which was adequate and again saved money. Cabin crew were attentive and not too many announcements which you can get on some LCC.

Meridiana Customer review :  9 August 2014 by Andrey Yashchenko (Russia)

I would call it a disastrous experience if there was any. They simply cancelled their flight on 7 August 2014 between Moscow and Naples, Italy without offering any alternatives. The story behind this was (as I heard) that due to weather conditions their plane landed in a different airport in Moscow and for some reasons they could not or did not want to relocate it to the proper one. What a good partner for BA! Never fly Meridiana!

Meridiana Customer review :  30 July 2014 by G Colacchio (USA)

Flight out of JFK was scheduled for 3 pm and didn't leave until 5 but we got upgraded to bulkhead seats across the front row which was nice. Seats are a little narrow, but food and wine was delicious (surprising for airline food) and we arrived only one hour late (7 am instead of 6). Coming home from Naples fullL flight. Bigger plane (40 rows), I think going there was a little smaller (but we were toward the front, so not sure). Anyway it was on time and a great, smooth flight. And arrived 45 min ahead of schedule. Would recommend Air Italy and/or Meridiana. No issues at all with luggage or accommodations.

Meridiana Customer review :  9 July 2014 by Cleide Amorim (UK)

I had used Meridiana before with no problems at all, good enough service, no delay, no comments on the food because I do not eat on planes anyway, so far so good. I bought another ticket from Meridiana from Olbia to Gatwick and to my surprise the flight was from Blue Air a Romania airline company. The airplane was at least 25 years old, very noisy inside, air con blowing hot air when you need cold air really. I'd rather pay more and travel with Meridiana. If I had known that when you by Meridiana it does not mean that you fly with them, I would not have bought the ticket.

Meridiana Customer review :  7 July 2014 by Guido Luzzatto (Italy)

Notwithstanding full price tickets bought months in advance, Meridiana fly changed the flight schedule for the second consecutive year thus messing up my plans and partially ruining my holiday. The average low level of customer satisfaction found on the web alerted me, but I tried last year the company because of its no stop flight to Crete. Due to the above mentioned schedule change, that I may suppose is caused by intentional overbooking, they made me lose one day of holiday. Monitors were turned off at check in so that it was difficult to find the proper line, that was interminable and badly assisted. It took more than one hour to clear it. Aircraft was not properly cleaned and seats were uncomfortable. This year, despite a sharp increase in prices, the trick was just the same: they sold an evening ticket and pretended to re-program us on the morning flight. The call center answers after 15-20 minutes and they say they can't help. Never again on Meridiana.

Meridiana Customer review :  2 July 2014 by J Muschetto (USA)

Recently flew Meridiana to Naples from New York. Could not have been more impressed with the service and timeliness of the flights. Would fly this airline again any time.

Meridiana Customer review :  26 June 2014 by S Clem (Italy)

I flew yesterday from MRU to FCO, on the B767-300 (763) registered I-AIGG. When I read the reviews on here, I was a bit worried about the flight. Its true the flight was fours hours late, and I didn't receive any notification from Meridiana. For a planned 6am flight, four hours makes a big difference when you need to wake up early. I checked with the airport, and they advised to come four hours later. The flight itself was fine. The economy seats are high density, but they are comfortable. The crew were excellent, and really did a good job throughout the flight. Food-wise, it was fine, but for a 10.5 hour flight the offerings were a little thin. The addition of a free service bar would be a useful addition.

Meridiana Customer review :  26 June 2014 by S Fox (UK)

We have just returned from Cagliari to LGW. In view of the really cheap prices and previous poor reviews I had low expectations. Check in was a breeze at LGW and Cagliari flight took off on time. Ok the seats did not have much leg room but we hadn't paid first class prices by a long way. Amazingly we were served free coffee, soft drinks and a snack! will definitely use again.

Meridiana Customer review :  21 June 2014 by A Burgey (USA)

We had excellent flights on Meridiana as we traveled from JFK to Naples and back. The plane appeared to be fairly new and the cabin clean. I might also add that the departure flight and the return, both arrived ahead of schedule. There were 6 flight attendants on the return flight to JFK, including 4 stewards and 2 stewardesses. They were particularly attentive and the food they served was excellent. Beverages flowed throughout most of the trip and that included complimentary wine. We flew Economy class and had no issues at all. If you are considering a flight with Meridiana, do not hesitate, they exceeded our expectations.

Meridiana Customer review :  14 April 2014 by M Gaffney (Australia)

We flew from Malta to Naples via Catania. The seat space on both legs was very small, there was no customer service. We got our first leg boarding pass in Malta but were told we had to get a boarding pass for the second leg in Catania. Even though our baggage was forwarded through to Naples. There is no transit desk in Catania (there is a well identified Transfer desk but it is not used). The service at the Meridiana desk was very poor. The service staff were rude and unhelpful. I will never use Meridiana again!

Meridiana Customer review :  3 January 2014 by C Dionisi (USA)

My family and I traveled from NYC to Naples in July 2013. Departure time was delayed 3.5 hrs. Once we arrived at the terminal, there were no Meridiana representatives to advise the crowd of waiting passengers. This is the first sign that this is the norm for Meridiana - constant delays of 3-4 hrs for every flight out of JFK to Italy. The company did not offer any vouchers for drinks or food. Finally, at 11 pm a Meridiana supervisor showed up with limited information. Once you finally board the plane, be ready to feel like you have gone back in time by 30 years. Meridiana uses a fleet of Air Italy airplanes. These planes are very old and dirty. My family and I would rather fly to Rome or Milan and then to Naples or better yet to Dublin and then Naples with Aer Lingus.

Meridiana Customer review :  25 July 2013 by Danielle Napolitano (USA)

My family and I just returned from Napoli to NYC. My husband and I were traveling with 3 small children. When we arrived at check in more than 2.5 hours in advance, we were told that we were not listed on the flight. We had our flight confirmation in hand. The 5 seats they assigned to us on the airplane were nowhere near each other. My children were assigned seats on their own! I have never heard of such a thing. Their excuse for our seating assignments was that we checked in late. We were one of the first people in line. Each staff member passed this problem onto the next from check in, to boarding until we were standing in the aisle of the plane minutes before it took off. They were only able to sit me with one of my children and my husband with another. My third child I had to have sit with a family friend who were 40 rows in front of me. I would never fly with them again after today's experience.

Meridiana Customer review :  25 July 2013 by B Filippo (Italy)

Last Saturday I flew Milan Linate-Olbia Costa Smeralda. Originally booked the early morning flight but was rescheduled on the next flight. No explanation or other option given. Meridiana still operates the old MD80: my plane was at least 20 years old and did show its age - no in flight entertainment at all - even the in flight magazine was missing. Seats are quite comfortable though. Cabin crew looked lazy - coffee, tea, water and juices free of charge. Prices are way too high, but on this route they are the only ones flying. Talks by itself. If you can, avoid it.

Meridiana Customer review :  12 July 2013 by Delgado Vania (USA)

Naples to New York. The service was the worst I have experienced. We had to wait over 2 hrs to receive any drinks. When they finally came around, I asked for some water and the flight attendant said he only had tea. I had to get up and ask another flight attendant for some water and he just pointed at the pitcher as he continued to play with his ipod. All three of us applied for the hifly program a month before flying and never got an email back with the frequent flyer number. I called a week before going on the flight with some questions about changing our seats to make sure the 5 year old was seated with us together and were told by a very annoyed representative that we had to pay 20 euros per person to select a seat by phone. I have never experienced such poor service.

Meridiana Customer review :  27 November 2012 by E Bogatyriov (Ukraine)

I flew from Rome to Olbia and back with my family of 4. For FCO-OLB leg I purchased the ticket for the mid- day flight. It got cancelled, and we had to take the evening flight, as others here have reported. That flight was delayed for more than an hour, so we arrived much later than anticipated. Our baggage was delayed for more than 3 days.

Meridiana Customer review :  6 November 2012 by D Harmon (Australia)

Both our flights, Naples-Olbia and Cagliari-Rome, were cancelled at short notice without explanation, and both were rescheduled for several hours later. Consequently, we spent a lot of our Sardinian holiday hanging around airports. Very disappointing considering we had booked and paid for these flights several months in advance, and planned our holiday to suit. It seems they offer a variety of flight times to sucker you in, then cancel them all for a single evening flight. They had our phone numbers but just didn't bother. A long way to come from Australia to suffer poor service.

Meridiana Customer review :  9 October 2012 by Michael McGraw-Herdeg (UK)

We flew LGW-FLR, FLR-LGW. Outbound slightly delayed with no explanation. Return unremarkable. This carrier offers a great value but deceptive pricing. Beware that although the "transportation document" you receive by way of receipt when you buy a ticket says "first checked bag is €17", what they mean is "first checked bag is €17 if you pay online in advance and print out your confirmation of payment, otherwise at check-in you will be asked to pay €35+€5 ticketing fee at the ticket counter in FLR, then to return to the check-in counter with your receipt to check your bags." Since flights booked LGW-FLR-LGW are not eligible for online check-in, it is easy to miss that (1) there may be another extra Web App elsewhere on meridiana.it you may be able to use to pre-pay for luggage, and (2) there may be a different price for checked bagage paid for at the airport than the price indicated on the receipt you receive when you buy a ticket. We bought an extremely cheap ticket (214 round trip for two pax) but I would have preferred that they bundle in this extra, effective €23 surcharge for being a non-expert into the ticket price. It makes them look slimy to advertise a product at one price and to actually charge a difference price. Flight was unremarkable; seats cramped but manageable, staff friendly enough. Most seats don't recline very much.

Meridiana Customer review :  11 September 2012 by R Barnes    (UK)

Just returned from Florence. Check in at Gatwick - brilliant, flight on time, good service, no problem. Return flight: At check in we were told our pre paid (40 euro) extra leg room seats were not there and we were given separate single seats on the plane. Eventually it got sorted, no explanation why we had to fight to get what we had paid for. We had two screaming babies sat behind us. This family had the use of five seats and only paid for two. Would I fly Meridiana again - no. Would I recommend them - no.

Meridiana Customer review :  4 September 2012 by A Smith    (UK)

Disgraceful to tell people with children and babies to check in two hours before a flight to keep them waiting one hour for staff to turn up which ultimately delayed the flight. Found Meridiana staff disinterested in passengers and more concerned with how they were looking, in as much as they allowed the passenger sitting outside of me to keep two large bags at her feet which made it almost impossible for me to get out. This happened on our flight to Florence and back to Gatwick where this practise seemed the norm. Curtains used to divide classes were not drawn back before landing and the passenger in front of me was not reminded to bring his seat upright on landing. We have travelled worldwide for many years and this has to be the worst flight we have ever taken, staff need re-training in air safety and people skills.

Meridiana Customer review :  26 July 2012 by Pavel Tomanec    (UK)

I went from Florence to Gatwick just a few days ago. Boarding went well, the staff even helped with checking a tripod as extra luggage without paying a fee for it. Onboard one of the male steward looked somewhat irritated, but that is to be expected. We arrived on time and I found no serious issues. Would recommended to others.

Meridiana Customer review :  23 July 2012 by J Pelle    (France)

Travelled from Turin - Catania return with an infant under 2yrs old. Check in smooth and flight left on time and even landed early both ways. Crew were friendly and even gave drinks on board at no extra cost which is not bad for a low-cost airline. Flight from Catania to Turin was on new A319 and had no problems. We have taken Meridiana a few times now and have never had any problems and would recommend.

Meridiana Customer review :  14 July 2012 by C Steinberg    (USA)

Was scheduled for an 8.10pm flight from JFK direct to Palermo on July 9th. The fact that they flew direct was the reason for selecting this airline - big mistake! They phone that morning to say the flight was canceled until the next morning at 9.30am arriving in Palermo at 12.30am. There was no attempt by them to put us on another airline that evening even if we had to connect in Rome, Milan, etc. They said they were only co- share with KLM and that KLM did not fly to Palermo. These change of their plans totally messed up my vacation and the only thing they did was offer a full refund which I took and canceled my trip and will reschedule with another major carrier.

Meridiana Customer review :  10 July 2012 by Clara Pracana    (Portugal)

My husband and I travelled to and from Sardinia in June. The trip from Olbia to Rome was a nightmare. Our flight which was due at 11 am was cancelled without any explanation. We had to get up at 4.30 to be able to get another flight to Rome. There we had to wait 7 hours with our luggage waiting for our flight to Lisbon. Sardinia is beautiful but is not worth the hassle. Our trip was completely ruined when we eventually got to Lisbon about 6pm. We'll never fly with Meridiana again, that's for sure.

Meridiana Customer review :  21 April 2012 by P Hicks    (UK)

Gatwick to Florence return. Very nice Airbus A319 with leather seats. Very easy check-in at Gatwick and flight on time. Soft drink, tea and savoury or sweet biscuits offered. Very easy check-in at Florence and again flight on time. Same, Soft drink, tea and savoury or sweet biscuits offered. Thought they were one of the better airlines we have travelled on.

Meridiana Customer review :  23 March 2012 by J Jones    (UK)

London GTW to Florence. Flight delayed 4 hours and diverted to Pisa because Meridiana brought a plane too big to land at Florence. No apologies or explanation from staff or the crew. Every staff answered "it is not my fault". We were forced to take a bus offered by Meridiana from Pisa to Florence, but no staff explained where the buses were, and passengers had to walk around the Pisa airport parking lot to find them. The worst flight experience ever.

Meridiana Customer review :  9 January 2012 by F Faleschini    (Italy)

Moscow-Bologna. This is one of the very few direct flights from Moscow to Italy. The check-in procedure was fast and the plane left on time. Plane was an Airbus which I like more than Boeing because they seem less noisy. Staff were nice and they served a drink and snack. Basic service but the price was more than ok. However they only speak Italian and English, not Russian, which is a pity on a flight to Moscow.

Meridiana Customer review :  28 October 2011 by Felicity Burnet    (UK)

The outward flight was ok, landed 20 minutes late. The return flight was awful. Nearly 4 hours delayed and felt we could have been informed by text before arriving at the airport. Onboard service is the worst I have had. No drinks other than soft and staff barely spoke English, the captains welcome onboard was a surly glance as we walked up the gangway. It was an unpleasant flight and would not fly them again. Very unprofessional and BA who we believed we would be flying with needs to address this.

Meridiana Customer review :  21 October 2011 by T Wilson    (UK)

Gatwick to Florence return. No problems with check-in, staff, flight departures or arrivals. Served a soft drink and crackers on the plane which is all we expected for a short flight.

Meridiana customer review :  18 October 2011 by Carole Weston   (UK)

Having had a great outbound flight and reviewed it as such, I was a bit apprehensive about our return flight from Florence to Gatwick. Nothing to worry about as it was also fine. Left on time, arrived at Gatwick a few minutes early. Efficient check in at Florence airport and friendly service on board. Only comment is that we had paid for extra legroom seats by the emergency exit and mine was by the window and it is a different design from the others in the row and was uncomfortable. Fortunately we were able to move to other seats in the same row across the aisle. So, I would suggest you avoid a window seat by emergency exit - maybe we were just very lucky.

Meridiana customer review :  5 October 2011 by C Weston   (UK)

No problems with our flight to Florence. Friendly check-in, flight left on time and arrived 10 mins early. Seats more comfortable than expected and light refreshments served suitable for a 2 hr flight. We were a bit worried having read so many bad reviews and hope our return flight is as good as the outgoing one.

Meridiana customer review :  1 October 2011 by G Andrea   (Italy)

Charter Flight from Muh (Marsa Matrouh) to FCO (Rome). Left a bit late. Flight attendants put the front toilet 'out of order' throughout the duration of the flight. Plane was so crowded that a long queue was present to use the rear toilets. Some tray tables were broken and passengers were asked to put the tray with their meal on their knees.

Meridiana customer review :  11 September 2011 by A Kadubiec   (Canada)

I fly a lot and this had to be the worst flight I've ever been on. The flight was late taking off, when I boarded the plan, I found out they had given my seat away. I then had to stand at the front of the plane until the entire flight boarded so they could find me an unused seat, to which they said 'I'm sure you'll be able to stay on this flight'. Afterwards, due to a mishap with my belongings, I had to call the airline company several times. Not only did I have to wait 15-20 mins each time to speak to someone, they would then proceed to tell me complaints and questions can't be made over the phone.

Meridiana customer review :  23 August 2011 by L Shears   (UK)

Outbound flight was on time. Upgraded to Business, excited until we got on the plane. Upgrade allowed a seat with a bit more legroom but only qualified for one free soft drink and small packet of crackers. On the return check-in was fine and nice staff. We eventually got on board after 25 mins on the bus. We were about to take off when the pilot slammed the brakes on. We taxied to the Meridiana hanger were the problem was fixed. Lack of information and not offered extra drinks or food to compensate. These were not cheap flights and I think that the service offered was very poor and would definitely not travel with them again.

Meridiana customer review :  19 August 2011 by Daren Budgen   (UK)

Service was not good, time keeping both ways was poor and on the return a delay of 6 hrs with little information from staff. Very expensive for what it was, only soft drinks and a small pack of biscuits both journeys. Thought it would be better considering BA share this flight.

Meridiana customer review :  9 August 2011 by Kevin Isted   (UK)

Returned last night after a long weekend in Florence. Polite staff and great flight outward from Gatwick, on time and with complimentary drinks and snacks. Great flight back from Florence, bit of a delay at check in but no delays leaving. Early arrival at Gatwick meant we stacked to go in, but this was not the airlines fault. Having read reviews before trip, we were rather concerned that we might have a bad experience, but this was not the case at all. This was a pleasant experience and we will use Meridiana again for our return to Florence in the coming months.

Meridiana customer review :  29 July 2011 by Bryan Taylor   (UK)

Business class with Meridiana to Florence. Trip out fine no problem, trip back a disaster with passengers crowded onto buses and left on the tarmac in 100 degrees heat for 35 mins before the flight boarded. Delayed for 4 hrs at Florence with no information, rude staff and passengers left wandering about lost. Eventually an incoming plane pressed into service and the flight re-boarded with the same bus procedure as before. No catering available on a filthy plane and the two cabin crew informed us they had been dragged in from standby. Didn't offer drinks until forced to by irate passengers and spent the first 30mins of the flight giggling behind the curtains in Economy.

Meridiana customer review :  26 July 2011 by P Herbert   (Italy)

I have always been a fan because of the Gatwick-Florence link but after the third consecutive disaster no more. Gatwick's departures website had the flight as severely delayed, but BA kept saying they knew nothing about a delay and would not re-book. The Meridiana rep had just gone home and not bothered to tell BA.

Meridiana customer review :  25 July 2011 by T Asher   (UK)

LGW-FLR one way. The flight was delayed by 4 hrs, something we only discovered after security. There were no announcements or explanations, and no-one from Meridiana ever came to explain or offer vouchers. BA staff (with whom I had booked as codeshare) refused to help at all except calling for Meridiana agents, who never came. On board the flight there was no food and my seat had two large bumps that dug into me for the whole flight. Refreshments were limited to one glass of coke, orange juice or water, and there was not a single announcement or apology from the flight deck. Finally on arrival at FLR there was no airport bus so we were obliged to take taxis at a cost of nearly 30 Euros to the centre of town.

Meridiana customer review :  21 July 2011 by B Lakin   (UK)

Florence-Cagliaria. Aged and shabby A319 but flights on time and flight attendants helpful with complimentary drinks. On the whole no problems with this short flight and reasonable value for money.

Meridiana customer review :  19 July 2011 by J Rose   (UK)

I did not think twice when I saw that my BA flight from Gatwick-Florence was being operated by Meridiana, however I will not fly with them again. We were unable to check in on-line, cabin baggage has a weight limit that was not mentioned on the BA website, meaning that our bags had to be checked as they were slightly over the limit. The on board conditions were a lot more cramped and very uncomfortable compared to BA and the overall service from start to finish was lacking. The return flight from Florence-Gatwick was carnage at check in with it taking well over 1hr of queuing up to finally complete the process. The flight ending up being delayed, but without any explanation or communication. If I go back to Florence then I will find another route or airline.

Meridiana customer review :  30 June 2011 by Barry Cull   (Canada)

I have never flown with such an incompetent airline that flies under the banner of British Airways. Both carriers should be ashamed at the level of customer service provided. The flight was Florence-Gatwick, scheduled to leave at 6:05 p.m., finally taking off after 11:00 p.m. The excuses for the delay varied from a private jet interfering with commercial liners taking off on the runway, instrument failure, need to refuel, crew change and final clearance. We were rudely told to leave the check-in area for "Passport" check, shuttled around in people movers to the plane and during the re-fuelling, and never provided with adequate information about what was happening. At one point we were told that the police had ordered people off the plane, creating confusion that there might have been a serious incident. Our delay caused problems for us in making our rental car time and in obtaining a hotel accommodations. We were required to sleep on the side of the road at 4 in the morning as a result! Advice: Check your BA ticket before flying and make sure you aren't flying Meridiana!

Meridiana customer review :  17 June 2011 by J Hobbs   (UK)

Do not fly with this airline! Our return flight got relocated to Pisa from Florence. There was limited to zero communication. No one seemed to know what was going on. We had to pay to be transferred to Pisa Airport via coach. We were not supplied with a meal. Once we finally boarded the plane we had to disembark to identify our bags. Awful airline. Do not use.

Meridiana customer review :  13 June 2011 by A Rodriguez   (Spain)

I bought 4 electronic tickets for my 2 children (one of them already pays as an adult) my wife and me for travelling from Barcelona to Florence. I had received the four ETKT numbers long before the travel date and the four of us presented on Barcelona airport well before the boarding time. When we arrived to the counter the agent told me that only three people could travel. The only explanation that he was ready to give was that one of my four tickets "had not been issued", which was ridiculous, because I could show him the four ETKT numbers. Despite I had the four ETKTs, he made me call my travel agency who confirmed that the 4 tickets had been equally issued at the same time, and suggested me to tell the Meridiana agent that he should try to "open" the ticket he was refusing to accept. The agent refused to "open" the tickets, but in the end, for some magical reason, they decided to accept the ticket and we could travel to Florence, although the boarding card seemed to be refused by the machines at the boarding room, and one of us was seated 10 rows behind the rest of the family. For the return travel I double checked with the travel agency and ticket office at Florence about the validity of the 4 ETKTs. At check in they punished me again by giving me a seat 10+ rows behind the rest of my family. The service on board was correct. The punctuality was OK. But, can I trust the next time that they will let me travel?

1 2