Meridiana Customer Reviews and Meridiana Passenger Trip Reports

1 2

Check Meridiana passenger information in our customer travel guide

Meridiana 3-Star Airline Ranking

Meridiana Passenger Reviews & Trip Reports

Meridiana customer review :  3 May 2011 by W Fullbrook   (UK)

LGW-FLR trip. Planes on time. Friendly cabin crew. Free snack and drink. Seats bigger and more leg-room than low cost airlines. Easy and cheap bus connection to and from Florence centre. All in all a great experience.

Meridiana customer review :  27 April 2011 by Chris Grawe   (UK)

Shocking, will never book with this airline again. Arrived at Gatwick in plenty of time for a flight to Florence but told that check in was closed as the flight was full, although I had booked 3 months earlier, had chosen my seat that morning online (although full online booking was not available) and arrived while check in was open with plenty of time to spare. They had over booked the flight and informed me that I had missed out. My experience of this happening before, with more reputable airlines, is that you are offered good compensation packages for having your flight cancelled. Not so with Meridiana. I am in the process of applying for compensation but don't rate my chances. I eventually flew to Bologna and was transferred to Florence the next day, losing 16 hours of a weekend trip even though my flight left on time. Four other people on my flight suffered the same misfortune. Avoid this airline.

Meridiana customer review :  23 April 2011 by Martin Ashcroft   (UK)

Gatwick-Florence return with Meridiana - can't complain about anything. Everything was hassle free. Crew and flight was fabulous, free light refreshments on board. Extra leg space than normal.

Meridiana customer review :  4 April 2011 by David Rhodes   (UK)

Disgraceful service for an airline that uses a BA codeshare. Arrived in Florence from London 6 hours late after flying to Bologna (not Florence) and then bus to Florence - never found out why. Despite being 'business' class the on-board service was practically non-existent. I think this is a cheap airline pretending to be better than it is.

Meridiana customer review :  4 April 2011 by R Breddal   (UK)

Horrible. On return flight from Florence to Gatwick the check-in seemed to be taking ages. We realised that everyone was being told that they hadn't paid for luggage to go into the hold - news to us. We were all charged 15 euros per suitcase, even though there had been no charge on the way out. This caused a lot of anger and distress. When I got home I checked my booking and it said first suitcase was free. Now beginning the long process of claiming back my money. Never again.

Meridiana customer review :  1 April 2011 by Jan Koopman   (Netherlands)

I booked 2 tickets for Amsterdam to Florence for September 2011. I read that Meridiana stopped this route by March 28th 2001. Trying to reach Meridiana by telephone is impossible. Either they hang up the phone or they don't pick up the phone. Emails are not answered. I don't know if this unfriendly company will pay back or not. Never book with this unreliable airline company!

Meridiana customer review :  30 March 2011 by L Maclean   (UK)

London-Florence Return. Outward bound was satisfactory. Return flight was cancelled once we were at the airport and placed on a flight from Bologna. Waited in line for 1.5 hours to check in, then put on a bus and undertook baggage drop and security at Bologna. Just be aware that your flight may not leave from the city you booked for.

Meridiana customer review :  28 March 2011 by Marie-Louise Lennarts   (Netherlands)

I booked two tickets from Amstedam to Florence and back (14th/21st April). Two weeks ago I received notice from Meridiana that my flights have been cancelled. Since then I have been trying to get a refund. I sent three e-mails to an address I had been given by a staff member of customer care. No answer! I called again today, only to hear that I should have called instead of sending an e-mail. That is the silliest excuse I have ever heard. I wanted to use an e-mail because then at least you can prove that you have claimed a refund. Today I finally succeeded in getting confirmation of the refund but the amount is much less than what I have paid for the tickets. So I have sent another e-mail. My hopes are not high. I am never going to book a ticket with this dodgy airline again. I have booked two new tickets with KLM, which I should have done in the fist place. Of course the KLM tickets are much more expensive now than they were months ago when I booked my Meridiana flights.

Meridiana customer review :  2 March 2011 by Francesco Lulli   (Italy)

OLB-BLQ on MD-80, seats cramped but fine for a short flight. Service was one drink (coke, orange juice or water), no snack. The biggest gripe with Meridiana is that they charge high fares but are in practice, a no-frills airline. On a number of domestic routes you even need to pay extra for checked baggage, as it is the case with low cost carriers. They have a sort of monopoly in Olbia, so you don't have much choice.

Meridiana customer review :  14 February 2011 by A Davies   (UK)

My experience was an efficient airline, on time both ways to/from Florence. More leg room than many airlines. Refreshments were free and adequate for such a short journey.

Meridiana customer review :  14 January 2011 by A Cox   (Maldives)

I really hate this airline sometimes. No major beef with the aircraft (I have only ever flown long haul, on decent A330 aircraft), but the organization of the airline is terrible. It is basically impossible to speak to anyone who knows what they are doing, or that has access to necessary information. Three times now I have attempted to book (either during reservation or after) bassinet row seats, or biz upgrade, only to be told that it is all full up and not possible. You get to the flight, and find empty seats. Furthermore, they want to sell the bulkhead seats for 45 euros, but will not prioritise for people with young children. So first come first served basically. On the upside, in biz, I ate the best food I have had on a plane for a long time. Good antipasti, great pasta, and decent second course meat as well.

Meridiana customer review :  31 December 2010 by A Tucker   (Italy)

LGW-FLR flight was cancelled due to weather and we received no help nor information. No customer service, no updates, absolutely no response to phone, email and other internet contact. Very unfriendly check in. We will never fly this airline again.

Meridiana customer review :  16 November 2010 by P Borghi   (Italy)

Milano Linate-Alghero return, MD-82 Economy. Quite old aircraft, average service,30 mins delay on flight to Sardinia. This airline clearly needs improvement to offer a higher standard but it's ok if you just need to fly from Italy to Sardinia. Average crew.

Meridiana customer review :  8 November 2010 by M Sard   (UK)

Return flight to Gatwick from Florence, very bad customer service echoing previous comments. 4 hour delay with little or no information due to bad weather, and the inability to take off as mentioned before. This is the second time I have been delayed out of Florence in two trips, so never again, and never anywhere else with Meridiana.

Meridiana customer review :  20 September 2010 by F White   (UK)

We should have been on a BA flight to Florence but it was changed because of the deal done with Meridiana, a big disappointment. However the seating was spacious and cabin clean. On Meridiana it would appear that nothing is provided in economy class. Drinks and snacks could be purchased. We did not discover all this until the return flight as there was a strike by the cabin staff on the outbound flight, so when not even a trolley appeared word was passed by passengers around that a strike was on.

Meridiana customer review :  18 September 2010 by Pete Jackman   (UK)

Gatwick to Florence and back, the flight both were on time, staff helpful and friendly and the seats on the plane had good legroom.

Meridiana customer review :  22 July 2010 by Willem Veldhuizen   (Netherlands)

Terrible airline. We had a 7 hour delay on our 1.5 hour flight from Amsterdam to Florence on July 15th. Worst of all no information whatsoever. Very bad handling by KLM and Transavia that did not show up at the gate for the first 6 hours of the delay. We finally ended up flying to Pisa instead and getting "bussed" into Florence adding to the total delay of in the end over 8 hours! Don't try this, it made us decide to buy an extra ticket and fly back the safe way from Rome.

Meridiana customer review :  20 July 2010 by Elisabeth Gunn   (USA)

Worst airline and customer service I have dealt with in my life! Delay of 12 hours without a warning - had to go back and forth between airport and then another delay. Phoned customer service in The Netherlands and Italy and they would not give an explanation - very rude.

Meridiana customer review :  5 July 2010 by R Fortini   (Canada)

My flight Florence to Gatwick was cancelled after initially being told that it was two hours late. There were no Meridiana staff available to offer assistance and the flight was not rescheduled. We were forced to wait at the ticket counter in Florence for three hours while all of the stranded passengers rebooked their flights with other carriers. Our cancelled two hour flight to London ended up costing my daughter and I two days of our vacation while this mess was sorted out not to mention extra transportation, long distance and food costs.

Meridiana customer review :  15 June 2010 by T Mulcahy   (Ireland)

I had two flights with them- London Florence and Naples- Olbia (Sardinia). Both were delayed 24 hours. At least with the first one we were in the UK and our rights were upheld. But for the Italian flights they treated us very badly, pretending not to understand us, even though an Italian passenger translated for us. As we found out later they breached regulations by not providing accommodation or a phone call, even though at the time we did ask the supervisor. We were left stranded in Olbia at 2 am and ended up being ripped off by a taxi driver to the tune of €200. Between the two flights we lost two days of hotel bookings, one day's car rental, ran up a large mobile phone bill trying to sort it out with Meridiana etc. As an earlier poster described, their offices are incredibly inefficient when you have a complaint. Some staff hang up if you speak English, and none of them seem to know the right number for customer services. One spoiled holiday, nine months, six letters, innumerable long distance calls and only a partial refund!

Meridiana customer review :  17 May 2010 by Jan van der Laan   (Netherlands)

An uneventful return flight Amsterdam to Florence. Pleasant cabin staff, drink and a good aircraft (A319). The return flight was cancelled due to volcanic ash over northern Italy. A staff member at the airport provided a telephone number to contact, and using the mobile phone the flight was easily rebooked to the day after.

1 2