Air Mauritius Customer Reviews and Air Mauritius Passenger Trip Reports

1 2 3 4 5

Air Mauritius Customer review :  8 October 2012 by Philip Loveder    (Australia)

PER-MRU-PER. We flew Air Mauritius as a codeshare with Air Austral. All-in-all a fairly reasonable flight experience for the price although we did suffer a quite long delay on the return flight due to technical issues with the aircraft that needed to be sorted out. The cabin attendants were friendly and responsive both ways however there was insufficient water provided during the return flight which in a warmer than usual cabin was disappointing. The food was only fair to be honest but the wine pretty reasonable. My main issue was the ground staff and boarding process at MRU. A lack of updates on the delay and a temporary breakdown of the boarding card readers slowed things down even further. The SSR (Plaissance) airport in Mauritius is okay, but fills to bursting when you have 3 flights leaving at once which was the case on the evening we flew. Chaos!

Air Mauritius Customer review :  10 September 2012 by Ravi Mene    (UK)

We flew from Mauritius to Anantanrivo and back recently. We were impressed by the efficiency of check in and the punctuality of the flights. Though not expecting any food on this short haul flight we were surprised to receive a quick small lunch with a complimentary drinks run which was most welcome and refreshing. The FAs were pleasant and efficient. The aircraft A340 was clean and leg room was satisfactory for short haul sector. We would recommend this airline.

Air Mauritius Customer review :  16 July 2012 by Habib Jeetoo    (UK)

LHR-CDG-MRU-CDG-LHR. My first flight on 25/05/2012 from LHR was delayed by one hour and I had only 20 mins left to catch my MK flight to MRU. AT CDG there were no ground staff to guide, I just managed to catch my flight. Got to my seat, found the fellow passenger sitting next to me was intoxicated and immediately started being a real nuisance by interfering with my entertainment system and changing his postured endlessly. I reported this fact to the chief cabin crew. I was given another seat. On arriving at MRU I found out that my baggage was left at CDG, so I had to return to MRU the next day to collect it.

Air Mauritius Customer review :  16 July 2012 by Alice Marini    (Italy)

Very bad flight, from MIL to Mauritius via CDG. Poor service, seat pitch the smallest I have experienced on a long haul flight. Never again.

Air Mauritius Customer review :  10 July 2012 by B Telford    (UK)

Flew to Mauritius from Edinburgh via CDG. My wife and I could not fault the service from the staff on board although an attempt by a flight steward to fix both our TV monitors failed on the way out. Food and wine was in plentiful supply both ways. The only drawback is that the business class seats do not recline fully flat which can make your sleeping position slightly uncomfortable.

Air Mauritius Customer review :  29 May 2012 by N Plapous    (Germany)

LHR-MRU-LHR. Poor seating, told we had bulkhead seats during check-in, but found this was not the case upon boarding. On outbound and return flight we had specifically selected the vegetarian option, yet no veg meal was available on the return flight. Flight attendants were arrogant as to suggest we had made a mistake in the booking, although we had the confirmation to prove the contrary. All in all, poor staff training, poor inflight experience and poor post-flight service.

Air Mauritius Customer review :  26 April 2012 by P Taylor    (UK)

LHR-MRU-LHR. Very disappointed with inflight service. The quality of the food was very poor. Entertainment choice was limited and outdated. Staff service was bad. Travelled with children, but unfortunately did not specifically request kids meals, which meant they were served the adults over spiced food. Travelled in the middle 4 seats (2-4-2), which had the added discomfort that only 2 of the 3 arm rests lifted, making it difficult to sleep on the overnight to MRU.

Air Mauritius Customer review :  18 April 2012 by Sushant Pande    (India)

DEL-MRU-DEL. DEL-MRU flight was to depart at 5.20am but got delayed and finally took off at 10am. Airport staff were accommodating and gave us snacks and coffee. Onboard, FA's were not attentive and you had to request again and again before being served a glass of water. Food and IFE was average. Return flight on time and was better. Adequate drinks and good food made the return flight pleasant.

Air Mauritius Customer review :  12 April 2012 by Linley Bignoux    (Australia)

Flight from Mauritius to Hong Kong was very poor. Although some staff were professional, the plane was old, the seats buckled and there was not enough food. In the past Air Mauritius was a great airline, now service has dropped.

Air Mauritius Customer review :  10 March 2012 by M Vimal Gupta    (Mauritius)

LHR-MRU. A very long night due to babies crying but food was nice, unlimited though you have to ask for it and cabin crew very friendly. Seats a bit tight, luckily had two spare seats next to me so I laid down. Quite a few blockbusters to watch if you really can't sleep. A bit late in baggage delivery. MRU-CDG. Excellent food, smiling staff and superb service.

Air Mauritius Customer review :  6 March 2012 by D Grahame    (Australia)

Travelled PER-MRU twice. Reasonably priced seats, the timing of flight departure is an absolute nightmare at 2am, don't understand why it has to be so late. Plane is fairly uncomfortable with hard seats and lack of leg room. A warning alarm came on 1 hour into return flight and we had to wait around in transit hall for 2 hours in early am. Only direct flight to MRU which is a pity.

Air Mauritius Customer review :  2 March 2012 by D Cheong    (Canada)

Very disappointed with the inflight service. Flight from Mauritius to Heathrow is 12.5 hrs. Usually on long flights, flight attendants on other airlines would on several occasion offer passengers a glass of water. With Air Mauritius not once did the flight attendants offer water to passengers. You have to ask for it. Once the food was served their duty was done. The quality of the food was very poor. The entertainment choice was limited and outdated.

1 2 3 4 5