Air Mauritius Customer Reviews and Air Mauritius Passenger Trip Reports

1 2 3 4 5

Air Mauritius Customer review :  6 May 2013 by Robert Stutsel    (Australia)

Air Mauritius the cheapest way of getting to Mauritius. PER to SSR must have been the first A330 built, seats coming apart - big black box under seat which after reading Skytrax is the "entertainment" box - it did not have much in it - only one movie that was worth watching. The staff appeared so uninterested - I would suggest Air Mauritius employ some staff from a country where people want to work. On return, I noted that Air Mauritius did have some staff apparently not Mauritian perhaps in an attempt to lift the service standard. Two cups of tea only in a long flight one with UHT milk and one with that chemical called "Creamer", so I had coffee instead of tea to hide the revolting taste. Return flight about 90% full. I really noticed the difference when I got back onto Qantas at Perth for the Sydney run. Qantas offer some entertainment - a better range of movies, the sound was good, had a selection of Australian music - Seekers, John Williamson etc. Comparing Air Mauritius to Qantas - like chalk and cheese. Have relatives that will be making two trips back to Australia this year - first will be by Air Mauritius as they are paying, the second most likely by Emirates as the company is paying. I can put up with a old plane but there is no excuse for Air Mauritius poor entertainment or slack in flight service.

Air Mauritius Customer review :  17 April 2013 by D Simmonds    (Australia)

Perth to Johannesburg (4 legs PER-MRU, MRU-JNB return). PER-MRU was excellent, 7 hours on an Airbus A340, with the proper large BC seats, service and food quality. As it's an overnight stay in Port Louis, the airline arranges transfers and accommodation. Both were prompt and very comfortable. MRU-JNB was awful. 4 hours on an old Airbus A319. Business Class was just economy seats 3 wide with the middle seat covered by laydown tray. There was no in-flight entertainment, the food was just OK and the service (by 2 attendants) was ordinary to say the least. The reverse legs were on the same type of aircraft, an Airbus A330. We were 1.5 hours late leaving Port Louis with no explanations to why. The seats were older style of B/Class. The service was good and the food plentiful, but you can easily tell that it's airline food.

Air Mauritius Customer review :  2 April 2013 by A Price    (France)

MRU-CDG, 29/3/13. After Air France on the outward leg I thought Air Mauritius could only be better. How wrong I was. They seem to have crammed several extra rows of seats in and at 1.8 metres my knees were jammed against the seat in front. 11.5 hours of purgatory. FA's as helpful as can be, food average. Never again.

Air Mauritius Customer review :  22 March 2013 by John Dean    (Australia)

Fly Air Mauritius once a year and the service keeps going down. Leg room is very poor, seat material is old and dirty, entertainment equipment is old. On our last flight, my wife pressed the service button, after 10 mins no one came. She had to go to the back of the plane where all the attendants were too busy having a chat to ask for a bottle of water.

Air Mauritius Customer review :  15 March 2013 by Mark Paulton    (Australia)

PER-MRU-PER, August 2012 - A330-200. Plane is fairly new on PER-MRU legs. Travelling with toddler (under 2) and 2 adults. Economy pretty standard config and seats small but relatively comfortable. Outbound at PER not allowed to use QF lounge even though I was QP. Plane quite empty. Had to wait for 1.5 hrs for Virgin arrival from Melbourne which had 40+pax on. Even with them the flight was about 70% loading. Gave us a row of 4 to us so we were able to lay the child down for a nap. Outbound was daytime flight and quite easy - IFE very basic. Food was ok (poor entree). Not a lot of drinks (hot cabin too) and service was too quick with them wanting to get everything out the way ASAP. Toddler given an infant meal (as she was on an infant ticket) and we were not allowed to get anything else as there was no other food loaded. Return - slightly more full but this time we were given a bulkhead. Pointless with a toddler, but we did have a row of 4. Word of warning the bulkhead rows the arm rests do not lift up. Overnight flight, but bulkhead was near toilet which was going all night - so impossible to get sleep. Also some annoying little blue light sits right above you so its not dark either. On SSR/MRU Airport second comments from Philip Loveder below. Airport cant cope with 3 x 747 and A330 leaving at the same time. Place was packed. No chairs, nowhere to sit even on the floor. If you are on your own fine, but with kids its hard work! Poor timing of scheduling of the flights left a bad feeling to what was an amazing holiday.

Air Mauritius Customer review :  7 January 2013 by J Cline    (UK)

The customer service was non existent. We were sat at the back of the plane near the toilets, so the 12 hour flight we had no peace with people going back and forward. Couldn't even draw the curtain to block out the light from the area of the toilet and where the cabin crew sat. The leg room in economy was the worst we have experienced. Bad enough for me who is 5 ft 5, awful for my husband who is 6ft 2. We didn't even realise we would travel Air Mauritius for this long flight, we had booked with Air France. Awful experience.

Air Mauritius Customer review :  21 December 2012 by W Dimter    (Germany)

Flight MK 034 from MRU to CDG on 12-12-08. The most uncomfortable trip in business-class we have had. The seats are not only no lie-flat, when you try to find a position to sleep it is not possible as you always slip downwards. The cabin-crew were unfriendly, and unenthusiastic. The quality of the food was poor.

Air Mauritius Customer review :  10 December 2012 by Arif Ahmad    (Singapore)

Flew SIN-MRU-KUL-SIN. Have flown several times before and I have received the same consistent good service every time. Check in was uneventful and normal. Boarding was quic, the crew were smiling and friendly. The interior of the A330-200 is fresh and new. The seat though wasn't something to smile about. It was pretty cramped and I couldn't sleep a wink throughout the night flight. IFE was good, decent selection of films and games. Food was also good really enjoyed it however there was no cabin presence throughout the night flight. Overall it was quite a good flight and I would recommend Air Mauritius.

Air Mauritius Customer review :  28 November 2012 by Stephanie Wooster    (Australia)

On 26/09/12, my family travelled to Mauritius (11 people). We embarked on our journey from Melbourne on Virgin to Perth then boarded Air Mauritius. The first thing I noticed was how old the plane was, leg room was non existent and felt really boxed in. The onboard entertainment was not working - made it hard to entertain 6 teenagers on an 8 hour flight. I felt the staff were annoyed with any request made. Upon our return to Australia, the experience seemed worse. The cabin temperature was really hot which made it uncomfortable. Refreshments were only served twice. The crew were unresponsive - no politeness, customer interaction, no smiles - almost robotic. Service is an integral part of customer satisfaction.

Air Mauritius Customer review :  8 November 2012 by J Dee    (Canada)

Pleasantly surprised by the service. I found the seats were just too small and quite hard but overall you get what you pay for. Fair value for money, attentive staff, clean seats and a smooth flight.

Air Mauritius Customer review :  3 November 2012 by A Crowley    (Australia)

Perth to Mauritius return. Allowed to use Qantas club lounge at Perth, which was good as usual. Lounge at Mauritius less impressive and completely full due to number of departing flights. IFE terrible (about 10 films with only one option suitable for children) but otherwise reasonable. Lie flat seats were at quite an angle but reasonably comfortable for short night flight on return leg. Food was better than anticipated. In flight service was reasonable and friendly. Make sure you stick on your 'do not disturb' sticker on a night flight otherwise the staff wake you for breakfast even if you're fast asleep; if you have pre-assigned seats make sure you ensure they've given you those seats at check in; pre-load your own IFE on an ipad or laptop!

Air Mauritius Customer review :  29 October 2012 by A Hutton    (UK)

London and back in Oct 2012. I wish now I had read the reviews here first otherwise we would not have flow Air Mauritius. I agree with all the other reviews, no leg room, entertainment box in way of feet, the worst food I have had on any flight. My daughter and wife did not eat any of the meals on the outward and return flight.

Air Mauritius Customer review :  25 October 2012 by Mark Ellwood    (UK)

LHR-MRU-LHR, 12 -17 Oct Economy class in extra legroom seats in both directions. Cabin crew were friendly with many drink rounds and smiles all round. I have to say that without the extra legroom seats I could not sit in a normal seat due to the tight space and entertainment box's under the seats. Best thing to do would be to take a few rows out and remove the entertainment equipment as its very outdated.

Air Mauritius Customer review :  15 October 2012 by R Hayward    (UK)

A340 Mauritius to Heathrow overnight flight generally good reasonable comfort and good service - but why did the aircon have to be at full cold for the whole 12 hour flight making it almost impossible sleep. My wife has walking difficulty and we cannot praise the assistance she had highly enough.

1 2 3 4 5