Malaysia Airlines Customer Reviews and Malaysia Airlines Passenger Trip Reports

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  2 December 2013 by Err Augustine    (Malaysia)

JHB (Johor Bahru, Malaysia) - KUL - KIX (Kansai,Japan) on 18 Nov. Firstly, JHB-KUL included service, beverages and refreshments. But the flight from KUL-KIX was delayed 3 hours. Because the flight was full, some passengers could upgrade from economy to business class for free and they just bought their tickets below RM 900 (JB-KUL-KIX). The provided breakfast was ok. Friendly crew on the flight, a smooth landing at Kansai Airport.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  2 December 2013 by Adree Frhan bin Adam    (Malaysia)

Flew last month with their leased b737-800 KUL-KCH. Cabin well kept. Not great like their new sky interior. Seat comfortable on this route. Cabin crew service was excellent. Friendly, full of smiles, helpful and professional.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  27 November 2013 by W Pop    (Malaysia)

LHR-KUL-LHR. Booked this flight at a very reasonable price. The check-in was smooth, ground staff really helpful as I lost my way to the gate. Cabin clean, bright and new. Seats are comfortable after reclining it, legroom was more than enough. Food served was tasty and comparable with other airlines such as Emirates, Singapore Airlines and Qatar. IFE was installed with good selection of movies, I could whatever I wanted. Throughout the flight, the Cabin Crews were efficient and always smiling. Same service coming back too. Malaysia Airlines is really a great airline, will not hesitate to fly them again.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  27 November 2013 by S Drew    (UK)

London to Kuala Lumpur, 26/11/13 on A380. Flew business class to KL from Heathrow, the plane was spotless upon boarding, many pleasantries from the well presented cabin crew, very helpful and obliging. Great food as well. Only a slight nag, if you are taller than 5ft 10 then the flat bed is too short between the head board and the back of the seat in front, ie you cant stretch out on your back to sleep. Other than that, great experience, and I am flying back in a few days on the 23.55 back to LHR - I hope it will be the same experience, apart from the bed.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  27 November 2013 by P Martin    (Singapore)

Flew SIN-KUL-BNE return in business class. 737-800 for Singapore-KL and A330-300 for KL-Brisbane. 737 nice new planes and only a 45 min flight - service efficient but naturally basic. KL-BNE was day flight. Took off at 10am and the first meal service was 2 sandwiches and some fruit. There was then no other food served until 2 hours from Brisbane. What food was served was of a good quality but why it wasn't the other way around in terms of meals I really couldn't understand. Considering it is a reasonably new product I was very disappointed by the seat on the A330. It is narrow, hard and doesn't got flat which on the night flight back from Brisbane makes a huge difference, I think MAS are good and the value for money was very good but this is not a 5 star airline not even close. Compared to Qatar/Cathay etc they are miles behind.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  25 November 2013 by Yem Ju    (Japan)

Flew NRT-KUL on the Boeing 777-200. It was a midnight flight on a clean, spacious and comfortable seat. Slept very well, the food was above average. The IFE was great as latest movies was installed. Crew was offering water through the whole flight. Overall, Malaysia Airline's service really suits the 5-star awards.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  25 November 2013 by Stephen Mitchell    (UK)

Although I do undertake around 10 long-haul trips per year this trip, from Kuala Lumpur to Amsterdam, was my first leg with Malaysian Airlines. It was a bit of a disappointment as I had been looking forward to a new experience. I felt the cabin service was not of the quality expected and experienced with most other airlines. There was no eye contact and no smiles. There was an air of impatience too if a request for say a choice of main course required a second look at the menu. I just felt my server just wanted the chore of serving passengers to be completed as soon as possible. Having said that, the flight was conducted professionally with pre-take off and landing checks in the cabin being completed diligently. I hesitate to recommend but this was, of course, a first time experience, perhaps future trips would be better.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  22 November 2013 by Bordas Trevor    (Australia)

We flew out of Perth November 5th on a late afternoon flight to KL and then on to Narita late evening. Dinner served an hour or so after takeoff. Then came an announcement that due to turbulence, hot beverage service would be terminated, seat belt sign went on and crew disappeared. Turbulence was minimal and we wondered what the fuss was about. During the early evening lights were dimmed and crew conspicuous by their absence and were not really seen until close to KL. Passengers observed going to galley and having to ask for water. The flight on to Narita followed the same pattern, turbulence, lights dimmed and little crew service. We had not flown with Malaysia for a long time and wondered if this was their normal standard of service and would it be the same again for our return journey. We departed Narita on the 19th late evening and our first observations were that we must be flying with a different airline! Service was great and crew pleasant and attentive at all times. Yes, the announcement about turbulence was made and the seat belt sign came on but this did not faze the crew. The same excellent service was given on the KL to Perth sector.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  22 November 2013 by P Wong    (Malaysia)

KUL-JHB with old 737-400. IFE was not installed but the seat is very large and comfortable. The flight attendant was hospitable and very polite. Refreshment was good during this short flight. Recommend to everyone for this 5-star service.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  19 November 2013 by Leong Penncy    (Malaysia)

KUL-BKK-KUL. Overall Malaysia airlines provided the best service on my flight. Nice crews, good entertainment, comfortable seats, new aircraft and etc. The only imperfection was the food, not tasty and a low class menu. Anyway, I'll still fly with MH again.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  18 November 2013 by J Miles    (Australia)

SYD-KUL-KIX and back. All flights full. Excellent service, lots and lots of food, snacks, cabin crew always offering drinks. IFE was good. Seats had lots of legroom and recline. Seats also very comfortable. Cabin crew very friendly, however only one female cabin crew on first flight SYD to KUL who was in business class, very surprising. Overall a pleasant experience. KLIA is a great airport to stopover at. Highly recommend Malaysia Airlines.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  18 November 2013 by F Marchi    (Australia)

I decided to go with Malaysia Airlines instead of Jetstar, because you get full service, meals, drinks entertainment etc, but it was a horrible old plane, food inedible, costing me around $1000 from Melbourne to Phnom Penh. Rude staff, uncomfortable seating (economy), poor selection of entertainment. Coming back to Melbourne I was seated at the back, right next to the toilets, smelt horrible. Never again.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  12 November 2013 by T Reuper    (Germany)

MAS operates old B777 on FRA to KL with no full flat bed and seat layout is 2x3x2. Service is perfect, food and wine excellent. They deserve more attention, and a full flat bed in Business class.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  12 November 2013 by T Reuper    (Germany)

KL to Hanoi on B737-800. MAS are making significant efforts to compete. Their service is outstanding, quality of food and wine very good. Seat comfort on the short haul flights is similar to other airlines in 2x2 configuration, aircraft quite new. MAS provides prices which are almost always lower than Thai or CX, not to mention SIA.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  10 November 2013 by D Tansell    (Australia)

Hong Kong to KL to Adelaide, a bad day for Malaysia Airlines. Scheduled departure 2:40pm, but major delay to aircraft arriving. Departure estimated to be 4:30pm but eventually closer to 6:00pm. Captain cited technical issues, but no other explanation. Flight OK up until half hour out of KL. Entered holding pattern due to "traffic conditions" at KLIA. We were not too concerned as we had experienced something similar flying in from Adelaide a few days earlier, but by now we had eaten up our 4 hour transit to catch a connection home. After 3 or 4 circuitsthe co-pilot announced some "unexpected news" that we were diverting to Penang due to the fuel situation. We proceeded to Penang, with a later assurance that we had plenty of fuel to get there. In my experience most airlines have problems from time to time with weather, equipment and other factors out of their control, but it is how they handle the situation and their paying customers that is a true measure of their quality. This situation unfortunately highlighted some deficiencies with Malaysian Airlines systems and processes. We got plenty of apologies but not much more. On landing at Penang we were given very little information about what would happen. We got the usual announcements about not moving until the seat belt light goes out, but nothing about what would happen next. Passengers gathered their possessions and stood up expecting to disembark, but silence. Eventually after about half an hour, the pilot announced that the flight crew had exceeded their allowed flying time, and another crew would need to be flown up from KL to fly the aircraft back, and this would be about 12:30am ( we landed at about 9:30pm). So there we sat for 3 hours. The cabin crew were conspicuous by their absence, and it was hard to identify anyone in charge. Very little attempt was made to make an effort to look after the comfort of the passengers, and almost no information or updates were passed on until the replacement crew arrived around midnight. Of course the headphones had been collected before landing, so we could not pass the time watching a movie. It was possible to go and get a drink from the galley if you were able to get past the groups of agitated passengers. Eventually we left around 1am and arrived at 2am at KL. On arrival we were given vouchers for hotel and taxi, and boarding passes for a flight to Adelaide the following evening, and pushed out of the airport without our luggage. I suppose we should be grateful that Malaysian Airlines found accommodation for us, but it was in a village called Sepang about half an hour from the airport, and while rated 3 stars I think this would be rather optimistic. I could not help thinking that this was a pretty cheap effort, and this was reinforced by the expression on the face of one of the ground staff who asked us where we had been accommodated. In the end we arrived home 24hours late, and minus one bag. This experience raised many questions about Malaysia Airlines' commitment to passenger satisfaction and comfort, their cabin crew organisation, the suitability of KLIA as a hub, their fueling policies and procedures and their management in general. It is hard to imagine a circumstance where I would consider travelling with them again.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  10 November 2013 by Jane Anderson    (Australia)

KUL to SYD - flight delayed because baggage can't be loaded, problem was not MAS but airport facilities in KL. Kept informed by Captain whom decided to leave without some bags rather than indefinite delay - fair enough. Very full flight and extraordinary number of small babies - all of whom wailed on take off and landing. Cramped and noisy flight. Difficult seating arrangements for families, especially those with small children and babies. Cabin crew civil, but not usual friendly service. Filthy toilets, but some what understandable given the very full flight and origin of some passengers. I do wish they'd managed more cleaning of the toilets, but the state of the cabin on landing is horrendous. My bag didn't arrive on the same flight and was delivered the next day. I imagine this was just awful for many people, but I coped ok till the next day. All this is within reason and managed as best as possible. My big complaint is the food. The second 'snack' of the sausage roll really needs to be changed. How many people have to complain before the airline does something about this. Why be known as the airline that you have to bring your own food before you fly? Change the sausage roll, it truly deserves to be dropped. It is horrendous and it's the first and last thing I think of when flying MAS economy.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  10 November 2013 by Marilyn Marshall    (Australia)

Adelaide-KL-Phuket return. Firstly they ran late for every flight. No drinks regularly offered, you had to ask constantly for water, cups of tea and coffee served with powdered milk. The food is disgusting, dried up pastry sausage roll. The meals were awful and half the food was left off my husbands tray. Our final journey KL to Adelaide I just wanted to cry, I was so uncomfortable in my seat.