Malaysia Airlines Customer Reviews and Malaysia Airlines Passenger Trip Reports

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  23 December 2013 by Zakaria Mohd Nizam    (Malaysia)

Busines

KUL-CGK previously had wide body flight at least once a day. Now all served using 737-8 which is small and crowded. Food desperately needs improvement as it is tasteless. Paying for the most expensive flight for this route when other bigger plane like KLM is just half the price of MAS with better inside facility but food and steward/ess are lousy.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  23 December 2013 by S Howell    (Australia)

BNE-KUL-HKT, 20th December. Timing of the Brisbane to Kuala Lumpur flight is such that you just want to get on the plane, have a drink and try and sleep so not having a big meal served for me, made perfect sense. Breakfast was more important, and it was great without hot meal which I did not fancy. Good legroom in economy on the A330-300, smooth take-off and landings and friendly cabin service make MAS one of my favourite choices up to Kuala Lumpur. Onward flight to Phuket was pretty cramped but over quickly so my ratings are for Australia to Malaysia only.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  20 December 2013 by C Paul    (Australia)

Brisbane to KL, 15 November 2013 and returned on 23 November 2013. Travelled to Penang on 20th November and left Penang for KL and then to Brisbane on 23 November. Malaysia Airlines is one of the worst to fly with. The service is poor and on the trip there was no dinner given to passengers.Nodrinks were offered and when I asked for water it was ignored. On the way back we got no food except for a snack and then the meal was served just an hour before the plane landed at Brisbane Airport. I wont be flying them again.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  17 December 2013 by Russell Morrison    (UK)

I have been working in Brunei for the last 2.5 years so I am a frequent flier. My flight route takes me from ABZ to Miri via LHR and KL. The A380 airbus is an excellent plane, it is roomy, new and fresh. The cabin staff are a wonderful bunch who are always willing to help. I am extremely happy with all aspects Malaysia airlines have to offer from the airport itself to the lounges and most of all the wonderful Malay people. My baggage has never gone missing as things are very well organised. I have now reached platinum status and will continue to fly with MA for the foreseeable future.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  17 December 2013 by Jimmy Ashiblie    (Malaysia)

KUL-CDG, 13 Dec on the A380 Upper Deck with family. Excellent and impeccable service provided by crew. Meals were sumptuous especially the quiche before landing.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  16 December 2013 by Alastair Birkett    (UK)

MH1, London to KL, 11th Dec 2013 on A380. Fantastic experience for the moment I arrived at check in until I disembarked at KL. I missed my original flight (MH3) due to fog at London and was re-booked onto MH1. Lounge staff made the 8 hour wait a pleasure! The crew on the flight were excellent as was the food and service. (I was addressed by name frequently). The drinks just kept coming. The food was outstanding, the best business food I have had, large portions and each component cooked separately and assembled on the plate, not all heated together on the same plate and served. They had taken time with the food and it showed. Very comfortable and roomy seats, I am 6 feet 1 inch tall and had no issues at all even managed 6 hours sleep, no problem with the bed comfort. If you are looking for a quality business product at an affordable price look no further.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  16 December 2013 by Maggie Lee    (Malaysia)

Disappointed with the services. Travelled from Phuket to Kuala Lumpur on MH787. The meal that I had pre-ordered was not provided. I ordered a seafood meal and got the vegetarian meal, the flight attendant said there was nothing but pasta left - tasted horrible. When I asked for orange juice, the flight attendant said all she had left was apple juice. No apologies, just take it or leave it. When I requested headphones I was told the flight was too short! So I watched a silent movie for 1.5 hours. However on the flight I took from Kuala Lumpur to Phuket, headphones were given to all passengers without requesting them. I don't expect this kind of service from a 5 star airline.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  11 December 2013 by Hans Roloff    (Germany)

PEK-KUL on a cold and sunny late November morning in a B777-200. Flight not fully booked, business class with roughly 60% occupancy. Plane left Beijing/Peking with a few minutes delay and had good tailwinds, arriving in KL ahead of schedule. Seat comfort ok, did not perform a thorough test of all technical options. The flight time of almost 6 hours gave the crew enough time to unwind all the famous service features of Malaysian and their personal charm as well: Food (brunch) superb and in generous rations - did not get my favourite choice due to limited stock, but the alternative was really ok, too. Beverage selection almost at the level of intercontinental first class, but being a morning departure at 9am I restricted myself, just the champagne and the white wine. The crew addressed the passengers by name. One hour before landing they offered their well known Satay service - this time lamb and chicken - and underlined their excellent service reputation. AVOD ok, more options than I could ever use - I had to concentrate on F&B. Choice of newspapers and magazines limited compared to top European competitors.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  4 December 2013 by Hans Roloff    (Germany)

Flight MH 006, KUL-FRA on a B777-200ER was delayed (just as all other MH flights bound for Europe this very night) by about 90 min, thus the plane left shortly before 1.30am, made up almost an hour en-route, and arrived 20 minutes late in FRA. Information policy on these and other delays was mediocre, airport announcements given in English were almost incomprehensible (not an MH fault). After boarding there was only a brief apology for the delay, no details given. The plane seemed fully booked, did not see any vacant seat in front. Welcome drinks offered were non-alcoholic, chilled, and delicious. With the first beverage service at about 2.15am I tried to have a glass of champagne - got it and it was lukewarm like a cup of tea after 10 minutes. Tried to switch to the white Burgundy and later to the Mosella Riesling - all the same, completely unacceptable. They tried to get me a cool glass of wine, but had no ice cubes or dry ice (as other airlines use) and so there was no way. During the Satay service I was thus forced to switch to their red wine choices, first took a glass of tasty Crozes Hermitage, when I had almost finished the glass one too eager hostess filled this glass up with a standard Bordeaux - at almost 3 am I was not in the mood anymore to ask for a new service. This spoiled the whole meal service, of course. The generous and high quality supper absolutely matched the expectations you have when you sit in a better class of a five star airline. My wife, not drinking any alcohol, was therefore extremely content with the service level offered. Seat quality fully ok, not full flat seating, but comfortable - had some good hours of sleep across Asia. AVOD was ok as well, but the screen offered only limited resolution "of times long gone by". This should be addressed and resolved immediately. Breakfast in the morning was again of outstanding quality and variety, able to feed hungry lions - really superb. I would have given a 9 or even 10 without the problems mentioned (so does my wife), but this flight showed that there is something to improve in the control processes.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  11 December 2013 by Munavar Khan Anzaar Ulla Khan    (India)

Flew from LAX-NRT-KUL-BLR. The service was really good, the cabin crew were very courteous. Seating was quite comfortable. Food was great - enjoyed it but the airline fleet was a bit old. The Inflight screens were very old on 777-200LR from LAX to NRT, the windows were scratched from KUL-BLR, no personal screens on 737-800. Overall the airline fleet was old.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  4 December 2013 by Helen Green    (UK)

Horrendous experience flying from London via Kuala Lumpur to Yangon. Flight MH3 was delayed by over 22 hours from 10.50 on 8/11/13 to 09.00 on 9/11/13 following a technical issue causing it to return to Kuala Lumpur. There was no attempt at warning anyone who was already checked in not to leave home very early to get to the airport, even when the travel agent had over 25 people travelling. Unfortunately it then got worse. Returning to the airport on 9/11/13 I was unable to check in because no onward flights from Kuala Lumpur to Yangon were booked or available even though the previous day we had been reassured it would all be done and the travel agent had also been reassured. For the next 4 hours I had to queue at Customer Services hoping I wouldn't lose another day of my holiday. All they really seemed to want is for me to cancel the flight and go away. Eventually I travelled on Thai Airways and Bangkok Airways to Yangon who were great but the planes was full because of Malaysia Airlines. My luggage even managed to keep up. I tried to complain at Kuala Lumpur airport on my return journey but even the Duty Manager was not interested. The last few times I travelled with Malaysia Airlines they were really good but I won't bother again, not after this experience.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  4 December 2013 by Sally Litherland    (UK)

I always try to travel Malaysia Airlines to Australia and I travel a couple of times a year. Last trip was fantastic with the new plane, but the main benefit is their brilliant customer service if something goes wrong. I've had to change my flight return several times with other airlines, and nothing has beaten the sympathetic and efficient service of Malaysia Airlines. I always travel economy.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  3 December 2013 by Seran Karunaharan    (Canada)

CDG-KUL-CDG. I recently flew from CDG-KUL-CDG. I flew on the latest A380. The aircraft was new and spotless. The check-in was smooth, the departure was on time. The flight crew were excellent. The inflight meals were tasty and adequate. I loved the breakfast which was shrimp and rice, it was delicious. The cabin crew were friendly and kept smiling with professionalism. The IFE system was superb, lots of variety and excellent touch-screen monitor. The seat was very comfortable and I had a wonderful sleep with enough legroom (I'm 6'2"). Overall, I was very much satisfied with this airline and I wouldn't hesitate to fly them again.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  2 December 2013 by B Williams    (Australia)

SYD-KUL-LGK-KUL-SYD: Firstly, the long haul flights. SYD-KUL flight was on an aged B777-200, with small television screens and old broken seats. KUL-SYD flight was on a fairly new A330-300. The return flight landed 30 minutes late primarily due to the fact that it took the ground crew an hour to board the plane. On both flights the cabin crew were rude, surly and inefficient. The food was generally appalling, especially the sausage roll served two hours before landing and poorly planned with wine served mid morning and tea served in the afternoon. Drink runs were lacking on the both flights, especially the return flight where I had to suggest that the cabin crew make one and even then they missed several rows of seats. The KUL-LGK-KUL flights were both serviced by extremely old B737-400. The fact that MAS still operates these planes is a disgrace. The interior was extremely dated, the seats were broken and the air conditioner works poorly on the ground. The return flight landed 45 minutes late in KUL due to problems with the air conditioner. The cabin crew were younger and generally more pleasant on these flights. Overall, MAS is inconsistent, the cabins are dirty and I am baffled how it achieved the 5 star airline status.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  2 December 2013 by C Gostimir    (Australia)

We can not fault their services at all. The flight to Thailand and then to Phuket were as smooth as the travel back to Australia. They catered for my husband who requested that if there was a possibility of getting a seat with more leg room could they let him know and, they did. My boys requested for drinks and nibbles and got them pronto. Will definitely be flying Malaysia again.