Malaysia Airlines Customer Reviews and Malaysia Airlines Passenger Trip Reports

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  28 February 2014 by Herman Mitzi    (Germany)

Flight from Hong Kong to Kuala Lumpur. My first flight with this carrier was very positive. The entertainment system was great for a four hour flight and the food was very delicious. Looking forward to flying with Malaysia again.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  28 February 2014 by David Mogford    (Australia)

I have flown hundreds of time on various airlines and have never felt the inclination to leave a bad review until now. We flew from Melbourne to Hanoi with Malaysia just a few days ago and it was an experience not to be savoured. The staff were very unhelpful, when I asked if there were any rows of seats available after take off I was promptly told that by the flight attendant that she didn't know and that I should walk to the rear of the plane and check for myself, this was despite the fact she had just walked the aisle several times prior. Generally the staff were very unfriendly and unhelpful. Then the food arrived, it was the worst dinner I have seen on a plane - needless to say we skipped dinner. All in all I would not fly with this airline again as I know what great service can be found on others like Emirates, Etihad, or Qatar.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  28 February 2014 by Adrian McKay    (Indonesia)

4 flights on MH in Business Class. MH 726, Jakarta to KL: The 2 female flight attendants serving were friendly and managed to address passengers by name. Although upon boarding, neither were smiling. and indeed they look most unhappy. The forward toilet was dirty. I was also surprised that my cutlery had not been properly cleaned. The issue of MH's Nasi Lemak has received a lot of media coverage and yet the product on the flight from Jakarta to KL was not complete - it was only rice with prawns in a sauce with an egg. MH 129, KL to Melbourne: Boarding was efficient, crew friendly and generally service was good. However, the purser did not seem to do anything, except look unhappy and did not interact with more than a couple of passengers. Surprised to be told that champagne could not be served while the aircraft was on the ground! The selection of newspapers and magazines needs to be less myopic. Similarly, a better selection of world business and general interest magazines would be appreciated. MH 146, Melbourne to KL: Flight was much less enjoyable and probably only saved by the efforts of the female flight attendant in business class, who made up for the poor service from the two other males and flight service director. She was the only person who addressed me by name. No menus available. The two male flight attendants went about their jobs with the minimum of interaction with customers, service was very off-hand. The chef-on-call dish of beef was very tough. Most times when I went to use the toilets at the rear of the business class cabin they were occupied. As there were only 10 passengers in business class and they were all in their seats it suggests that the flight attendants allowed economy passengers to use the business class toilets. MH 723, KL to Jakarta: Not much to complain about although the flight attendant did not address passengers by name.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  27 February 2014 by J Teoh    (Australia)

SYD-PEN-SYD (via KUL) in Economy. SYD-KUL-SYD on new A330-300s. Check-in at SYD was fast and the agent was really friendly. Fast-track through immigration and security provided because of elite status. Priority boarding for status passengers honoured. Seated in bulkhead rows on both flights where legroom was plentiful. Onboard catering was reasonable and of a decent portion but nothing outstanding. Cabin crew were friendly and helpful with the exception of one particular female attendant on the SYD-KUL leg who was a bit abrupt with other passengers. IFE was AVOD with a reasonable selection of movies and TV shows. Seat itself was much more comfortable than I was expecting and recline was also quite generous, which made it comfortable enough to get a decent amount of sleep on the overnight flight back home. Both flights on time. KUL-PEN-KUL was on very old B737-400s. These planes will thankfully be gone by the end of this year. Priority boarding on the domestic flights for status passengers honoured. Both flights slightly delayed. Peanuts and juice offered on these flights. Cabin crew for these flights were friendly, helpful and enthusiastic. Overall, I was very satisfied with my experience on all flights and, for the price paid, it was great value for money.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  27 February 2014 by S Rane    (Australia)

KL to Brisbane on MH135 on A330. Check-in was efficient and the flight left on time. During the 8 hour flight we only had one meal. It was announced that there was a choice of fish, pasta or chicken curry. My wife and I were both looking forward to the chicken curry. When the trolley arrived the hostess told us that they had run out of chicken curry. When she saw the disappointed look on our faces she told us it was the pasta or we go without. We both chose the pasta which turned out to be bland and awful. The cabin crew just couldn't be bothered serving passengers. We barely saw them during the entire 8 hour flight. The entertainment was average. Also, I had never been on a flight where announcements were made so frequently. They were made twice, in English and Malay. If you were trying to sleep or use the in-flight entertainment these constant announcements were annoying. I will not fly Malaysian Airlines again unless the price is extremely cheap.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  25 February 2014 by C Cutts    (UK)

BKK-KUL-HKG, 23rd and 24th Feb, first flight on a 737-800. I've used MH a few times before and always enjoyed the flight, check in quick, they use the Thai lounge in BKK which is just ok. Boarding quick and on time departure, the aircraft was clean and fairly new, I must say it was very comfortable. Food was ok and cabin crew did a good job - very friendly. KUL-HKG checked in at KL Central, I made a mistake with online booking date, ticket desk managed to change the mistake quickly for a charge of about 20.00. MH KL lounge is fine with a decent selection of food, although I always find it very busy. Flight operated on a 777-200, I had to accept the last seat 4E in the centre middle but it turned out to be fine! I like the seats on this aircraft, find them very comfortable. I used the same aircraft the other year for a long haul from LAX to TPE, crew on this flight were very friendly food was just ok I managed an hours sleep before landing on time.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  25 February 2014 by N Ashok    (Malaysia)

I flew Business class last Dec from KL to Perth (return), 3 Adults and 1 infant. I must say I was very disappointed with the service. Service was slow, our food was extremely salty, thus inedible. They did not give me the baby food that I had pre ordered. I am now having trouble with my seating arrangements and customer service has been very slow to rectify this problem.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  25 February 2014 by A Gautam    (Nepal)

MH 171, KTM-KUL, 21 Feb. The cabin crew were not very interested in service and completely disappeared after the meal was served. I could hear the chatter and laughs from the galley and also saw them using tablets in full view of the passengers. Unprofessional.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  24 February 2014 by J Teoh    (Australia)

SYD-LHR-SYD (via KUL) in Business Class. Flight between SYD and KUL were on new A330-300s and flights between KUL and LHR were on the A380s. All flights on time. Cabin crew on all flights were very friendly, courteous and helpful without being robotic. Check-in at SYD very smooth and quick with a very friendly agent. Angled flat-bed seats on the A330-300 is behind industry standard but they were comfortable enough to allow sleep but storage space is severely limited. Flat-bed seats on the A380 are much more comfortable with a lot more storage space for personal items but still not an industry-leading product. Forward mini-cabin on A380 feels very private and quiet. On-board catering reasonably good on all flights with the satay being consistently top-notch. Check-in at LHR also quick with friendly agents. All seat requests honoured as well as Chef-on-call meal orders. A very good product overall let down only by the hard product on the A330-300 but it was excellent value for money. Taking everything into consideration, Malaysia Airlines will usually be my first choice to Europe.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  22 February 2014 by John Dardis    (UK)

MH002, SGN-KUL-LHR on 737-800 and on A380 for the London leg. Good service from Ho Chi Minh. Nice food and nice plane (I'm used to Ryanair's version of the 737-800). Disappointing service on the long-haul to London. Cabin attendants failed to clean up a full glass of red wine which was spilled all over the exit door in front (I was in 74A which is a window seat without another seat in front. Incidentally this seat isn't worth paying extra for unless you are over 6 foot tall - the tray table and console are poor). Passenger in 73 left wine on the flimsy tray table (he had similar bulk-head style tray-table as me) which then got propelled across cabin due to turbulence. Took several attempts to get steward to clean it up. Will be avoiding Malaysia Airlines in future.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  21 February 2014 by Claire Veronica    (Malaysia)

Leaving Frankfurt 19th Feb, arriving 20th Feb. MH 5. I have just returned from New York via Frankfurt with 2 different airlines, of which one was Malaysia. I really have to say that it now feels like a different airline. In short, I feel that the cutting cost is obvious. I feel the spirit of the crew is not there.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  20 February 2014 by Oskar Beck    (Sweden)

We flew from Amsterdam to Kuala Lumpur and back from Denpasar to Kuala Lumpur and from there to Amsterdam on 18 Feb 2014. The flight Amsterdam - Kuala Lumpur had decent service and friendly staff. However, the return journey from Denpasar to Kuala Lumpur was a disappointment. Staff were bland and ignored your wishes. Even worse was the journey between Kuala Lumpur and Amsterdam. The food was distributed quickly, the lights did not work, which meant we could not read our book. We had different expectations of this airline.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  19 February 2014 by Clive V Drake    (UK)

KL - Langkawi - KL - Phuket. Three flights on average 1 hour each on my tour of the Far East. The first two flights were on an ageing 737-200 and the last on a newish 737-800. Was surprised that the airline was dry on all but the last flight. Old business class on the 737-200 - which was very tatty. The newish 737-800 was very comfortable. FAs on all flights were friendly and efficient. My wife ate the food on all flights and said it was "okay". The lounge at KL was very average and again no booze. MA was, for the purpose we booked them - okay. Would only use them again if I had to.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  19 February 2014 by J Mounir    (Australia)

Flew KL to Melbourne late last Saturday night. Had been offered and received a Boarding Pass for this leg of the trip the previous day in Yangon. At that time I'd been asked if I wanted a window seat, to which I'd replied that I did. When I got on the flight I found myself squashed in the middle of the row, two people each side. The seat didn't recline and the in-flight entertainment didn't work for most of the journey. This was the most uncomfortable flight I have ever been on, and definitely would not recommend Malaysia Airlines to anyone.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  18 February 2014 by P Cox    (Australia)

Flew KL to Denpasar, 9th Feb. Rude check in clerk, altered our pre booked seating allocation separating my family of 4 - I had booked these seats 6 months in advance. Cabin crew equally unhelpful. They left the seat belt light on for the entire trip. When I approached the business class cabin crew to use the lavatory urgently I was told to go back to my economy seat and wait. For a supposed full service airline there is no service.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  18 February 2014 by K Farrell    (Australia)

MEL-LHR via KL return. Very disappointed with the Biz class seats on the legs to and from Melbourne to KL. The seat only had 3 settings and it had to be the hardest seat I have sat on. The cabin was filthy. The food was very disappointing. Overall this Biz class was certainly not worth the money. They need to review the aircraft they use on MEL to KUL leg - this is substandard. On a positive note, the A380 (KL to London) Biz seats were very comfortable and the staff very friendly!

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  17 February 2014 by M Nick    (Australia)

Excellent service, food was great. New seating and aircraft for the MEL-KUL leg was great, the way personal space is utilised is brilliant. The 777 aircraft on the KUL-FRA route was very tired and dated, the fleet definitely needs retrofitting and IFE viewing quality on these aircraft is poor. Nonetheless service was great and would happily fly with MAS again.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  17 February 2014 by J Lin    (Singapore)

I flew business class from KUL to NRT. From the (just renovated) lounge to the service quality of the cabin crew, I would say that the experience was average. The newly renovated lounge atmosphere was simply chaotic and noisy, food variety on offer was very limited. Noodles from the noodle bar barely edible. Shower facilities was nothing to write about. The service delivery was just mediocre. There was no drink rounds after the meal service, the cabin crew were busy chatting away in the galley. I was expecting more from the cabin crew. Food quality are at best economy standard. Fortunately, the experience was saved by the comfortable seat and generous leg space of Boeing 777. I would not recommend anyone to fly MH unless the price is cheap.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  17 February 2014 by S Lim    (Australia)

Flew KUL-MEL, A330. First class lounge in KUL was terrible. Service OK but A La Cart breakfast horrible. Food on board was worse. Inedible 'spicy chicken', limp salad and cream cheese instead of proper cheese. Meal before landing was even worse. Undercooked pastry with unidentifiable mushroom filling. That was it. 3 bites and it was gone. MAS used to be an unbelievable product. Its Air Asia flatbeds or SQ or EK from now on.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  13 February 2014 by Keith Simpson    (UK)

Travelled economy class on MH003, 11 Feb, LHR-KUL, seat 80H and MH141, 12 Feb, KUL-SYD, seat 26C. Both flights the crew were very good, the seat and entertainment selection is far superior on the A380. I would recommend this airline as they offer a good product and value for money. The areas they could improve is the quality of the food especially the inflight snack on the LHR-KUL sector.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  13 February 2014 by Sandy Chalk    (Australia)

7th Jan. Late flight, Brisbane to Paris via K/L. A great airline. Excellent service from beautifully groomed flight attendants. The vegetarian food was the best I have ever had on an airline. There was plenty of good service with drinks. Very helpful and gracious staff. Put up in a fabulous hotel in Kuala/L. in between flights.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  12 February 2014 by R Mcluckie    (Australia)

Brisbane to Kuala Lumpur return on A330-300, flight on time and flight attendants were helpful and friendly, plane was clean and looked fairly new. Would not hesitate in recommending Malaysia Airlines for travel.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  10 February 2014 by McKinley Stephanie    (Australia)

Travelled A380 KL to HK. Seat 56C economy class. This flight appeared to be only a third full. I noticed some people changed seats to have a length to themselves. The cabin was clean and spacious. The flight crew all impeccable with presentation and attitude. Security was tight at KL which I'm not complaining about at all. Plenty of leg room and very comfortable. I have travelled on various other A380 aircraft from different carriers and I found Malaysia to be of the same standard in every aspect. Food was fine, I quite enjoyed it and drinks were plentiful.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  10 February 2014 by Kien Lieu    (Australia)

Travel from Sydney-KL, MH142 and KL-Sydney. Everything was just average, the food being served was horrible! I will not consider using this airline in the future.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  10 February 2014 by S Lo    (Australia)

Travelled economy class from KL to Melbourne (MH147) on 6 Jan 14. Service was below average. Food was awful. Toilets were dirty.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  7 February 2014 by McKinley Stephanie    (Australia)

19th Jan 2014, SYD to KL, A330-300. Beautiful aircraft, I was seated in 21E. Flight time was 21.55pm departure and timely. Cabin crew were pleasant and attentive. Food was acceptable and crew worked all night on flight attending to seat calls. IFE very good selection. We had quite a bit of turbulence and flight deck crew kept us in the loop. All in all very pleased with Malaysia Airlines. Will fly again.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  3 February 2014 by M Zakaria    (Indonesia)

Travelled A380 from LHR to KUL on 17/1 in 1st Class. Surprisingly although interior is less luxurious than SQ or EK but seat and ambience is cosy and inviting. Crew are as usually very attentive. Food is just average. Flight entertainment hardware system is not bad but need to improve on movies and TV programs list available, particularly to those with interest in golf, cars etc. none available. Perhaps need to provide wet towels more often as interior is too dry after long hours.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  3 February 2014 by Ashok Thakkar    (USA)

My wife and I flew from Manila to Kuala Lumpur on January 30, 2014. The check-in process is very antiquated. Long lines are not managed at all. Sure, baggage allowance is generous. but in-flight service is atrocious. Food was terrible. Attitude of the staff was indifferent - they just did not care. We were glad when the flight was over.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  29 January 2014 by J See    (Malaysia)

Took MH1 flight from LHR-KUL and had an aisle seat in the economy class on the upper deck. Management of the queue at the gate was done in an organized and orderly manner and the staff were more than helpful. Since it was economy, I didn't expect much because honestly, one can only get that much of comfort in an economy class. There was an empty seat beside me so that gave me a good extra space. The in-flight entertainment had a good variety of movies, music, podcasts and e-books and the meals were great. The cabin crew displayed genuine friendliness and professionalism. My request for a cup of water was also immediately attended to. Overall, I'd say the whole flight experience was great.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  29 January 2014 by H Eliatamby    (Australia)

We travelled Business Class from Sydney to Sri Lanka via Kuala Lumpur and back. The trip going to Sri Lanka was good. However, on the return flight, on the Colombo-KL sector, they ran out of main course options. There were only 12 adults in Business Class and yet this happened. This is poor form for a business class service proposition. On the KL - Sydney sector, they ran out of the amenities packs - when I requested a pack, the hostess informed me that for some reason they had only loaded 50% of the required packs. Again, they also ran out of the brunch options! Despite this, the journey was comfortable and the staff very professional and pleasant. The trick might be to pre order your meal? Not sure.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  28 January 2014 by M Lau    (Australia)

MH 126, PER to KUL in A330. Relatively new aircraft, that was the only positive point. Boarding staff at the terminal were rude. The MH cabin crews were very indifferent and disinterested. I asked for a snack prior to take off but was not given anything, no excuses given (did the same with Qantas and was given plenty). Meal was served with two main choices, terribly bland. That was the only thing served throughout the entire 5 hours flight. Staff did not do their beverages round. Bad taste for IFE. All in all, I think this would be my last trip with the MH. I am not impressed at all!