Malaysia Airlines Customer Reviews and Malaysia Airlines Passenger Trip Reports

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  3 March 2014 by Mat Isa Zulkifli    (Malaysia)

Flight from Kuala Lumpur to Seoul (MH 0066) on 15 Feb 2014 and Seoul to Kuala Lumpur (MH 0067). MH 0066 flight was delayed 3 hours because of a problem with the cargo, we were sat on the plane waiting. MH0067 - The cabin crew were not very interested or friendly during service.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  3 March 2014 by R Coxon    (Australia)

MH148, MH1. MEL-KUL-LHR, 5 Feb. Flight, crew and aircraft excellent. Some of the complaints on here are truly childish. Things like "cabin was filthy" "no chicken curry" "no window seat" you arrived safely in comfort, that's the important thing folks. Complaints about cabin crew maybe reflects your attitude to them and the way you treat them.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  28 February 2014 by Herman Mitzi    (Germany)

Flight from Hong Kong to Kuala Lumpur. My first flight with this carrier was very positive. The entertainment system was great for a four hour flight and the food was very delicious. Looking forward to flying with Malaysia again.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  28 February 2014 by David Mogford    (Australia)

I have flown hundreds of time on various airlines and have never felt the inclination to leave a bad review until now. We flew from Melbourne to Hanoi with Malaysia just a few days ago and it was an experience not to be savoured. The staff were very unhelpful, when I asked if there were any rows of seats available after take off I was promptly told that by the flight attendant that she didn't know and that I should walk to the rear of the plane and check for myself, this was despite the fact she had just walked the aisle several times prior. Generally the staff were very unfriendly and unhelpful. Then the food arrived, it was the worst dinner I have seen on a plane - needless to say we skipped dinner. All in all I would not fly with this airline again as I know what great service can be found on others like Emirates, Etihad, or Qatar.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  28 February 2014 by Adrian McKay    (Indonesia)

4 flights on MH in Business Class. MH 726, Jakarta to KL: The 2 female flight attendants serving were friendly and managed to address passengers by name. Although upon boarding, neither were smiling. and indeed they look most unhappy. The forward toilet was dirty. I was also surprised that my cutlery had not been properly cleaned. The issue of MH's Nasi Lemak has received a lot of media coverage and yet the product on the flight from Jakarta to KL was not complete - it was only rice with prawns in a sauce with an egg. MH 129, KL to Melbourne: Boarding was efficient, crew friendly and generally service was good. However, the purser did not seem to do anything, except look unhappy and did not interact with more than a couple of passengers. Surprised to be told that champagne could not be served while the aircraft was on the ground! The selection of newspapers and magazines needs to be less myopic. Similarly, a better selection of world business and general interest magazines would be appreciated. MH 146, Melbourne to KL: Flight was much less enjoyable and probably only saved by the efforts of the female flight attendant in business class, who made up for the poor service from the two other males and flight service director. She was the only person who addressed me by name. No menus available. The two male flight attendants went about their jobs with the minimum of interaction with customers, service was very off-hand. The chef-on-call dish of beef was very tough. Most times when I went to use the toilets at the rear of the business class cabin they were occupied. As there were only 10 passengers in business class and they were all in their seats it suggests that the flight attendants allowed economy passengers to use the business class toilets. MH 723, KL to Jakarta: Not much to complain about although the flight attendant did not address passengers by name.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  27 February 2014 by J Teoh    (Australia)

SYD-PEN-SYD (via KUL) in Economy. SYD-KUL-SYD on new A330-300s. Check-in at SYD was fast and the agent was really friendly. Fast-track through immigration and security provided because of elite status. Priority boarding for status passengers honoured. Seated in bulkhead rows on both flights where legroom was plentiful. Onboard catering was reasonable and of a decent portion but nothing outstanding. Cabin crew were friendly and helpful with the exception of one particular female attendant on the SYD-KUL leg who was a bit abrupt with other passengers. IFE was AVOD with a reasonable selection of movies and TV shows. Seat itself was much more comfortable than I was expecting and recline was also quite generous, which made it comfortable enough to get a decent amount of sleep on the overnight flight back home. Both flights on time. KUL-PEN-KUL was on very old B737-400s. These planes will thankfully be gone by the end of this year. Priority boarding on the domestic flights for status passengers honoured. Both flights slightly delayed. Peanuts and juice offered on these flights. Cabin crew for these flights were friendly, helpful and enthusiastic. Overall, I was very satisfied with my experience on all flights and, for the price paid, it was great value for money.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  27 February 2014 by S Rane    (Australia)

KL to Brisbane on MH135 on A330. Check-in was efficient and the flight left on time. During the 8 hour flight we only had one meal. It was announced that there was a choice of fish, pasta or chicken curry. My wife and I were both looking forward to the chicken curry. When the trolley arrived the hostess told us that they had run out of chicken curry. When she saw the disappointed look on our faces she told us it was the pasta or we go without. We both chose the pasta which turned out to be bland and awful. The cabin crew just couldn't be bothered serving passengers. We barely saw them during the entire 8 hour flight. The entertainment was average. Also, I had never been on a flight where announcements were made so frequently. They were made twice, in English and Malay. If you were trying to sleep or use the in-flight entertainment these constant announcements were annoying. I will not fly Malaysian Airlines again unless the price is extremely cheap.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  25 February 2014 by C Cutts    (UK)

BKK-KUL-HKG, 23rd and 24th Feb, first flight on a 737-800. I've used MH a few times before and always enjoyed the flight, check in quick, they use the Thai lounge in BKK which is just ok. Boarding quick and on time departure, the aircraft was clean and fairly new, I must say it was very comfortable. Food was ok and cabin crew did a good job - very friendly. KUL-HKG checked in at KL Central, I made a mistake with online booking date, ticket desk managed to change the mistake quickly for a charge of about 20.00. MH KL lounge is fine with a decent selection of food, although I always find it very busy. Flight operated on a 777-200, I had to accept the last seat 4E in the centre middle but it turned out to be fine! I like the seats on this aircraft, find them very comfortable. I used the same aircraft the other year for a long haul from LAX to TPE, crew on this flight were very friendly food was just ok I managed an hours sleep before landing on time.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  25 February 2014 by N Ashok    (Malaysia)

I flew Business class last Dec from KL to Perth (return), 3 Adults and 1 infant. I must say I was very disappointed with the service. Service was slow, our food was extremely salty, thus inedible. They did not give me the baby food that I had pre ordered. I am now having trouble with my seating arrangements and customer service has been very slow to rectify this problem.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  25 February 2014 by A Gautam    (Nepal)

MH 171, KTM-KUL, 21 Feb. The cabin crew were not very interested in service and completely disappeared after the meal was served. I could hear the chatter and laughs from the galley and also saw them using tablets in full view of the passengers. Unprofessional.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  24 February 2014 by J Teoh    (Australia)

SYD-LHR-SYD (via KUL) in Business Class. Flight between SYD and KUL were on new A330-300s and flights between KUL and LHR were on the A380s. All flights on time. Cabin crew on all flights were very friendly, courteous and helpful without being robotic. Check-in at SYD very smooth and quick with a very friendly agent. Angled flat-bed seats on the A330-300 is behind industry standard but they were comfortable enough to allow sleep but storage space is severely limited. Flat-bed seats on the A380 are much more comfortable with a lot more storage space for personal items but still not an industry-leading product. Forward mini-cabin on A380 feels very private and quiet. On-board catering reasonably good on all flights with the satay being consistently top-notch. Check-in at LHR also quick with friendly agents. All seat requests honoured as well as Chef-on-call meal orders. A very good product overall let down only by the hard product on the A330-300 but it was excellent value for money. Taking everything into consideration, Malaysia Airlines will usually be my first choice to Europe.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  22 February 2014 by John Dardis    (UK)

MH002, SGN-KUL-LHR on 737-800 and on A380 for the London leg. Good service from Ho Chi Minh. Nice food and nice plane (I'm used to Ryanair's version of the 737-800). Disappointing service on the long-haul to London. Cabin attendants failed to clean up a full glass of red wine which was spilled all over the exit door in front (I was in 74A which is a window seat without another seat in front. Incidentally this seat isn't worth paying extra for unless you are over 6 foot tall - the tray table and console are poor). Passenger in 73 left wine on the flimsy tray table (he had similar bulk-head style tray-table as me) which then got propelled across cabin due to turbulence. Took several attempts to get steward to clean it up. Will be avoiding Malaysia Airlines in future.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  21 February 2014 by Claire Veronica    (Malaysia)

Leaving Frankfurt 19th Feb, arriving 20th Feb. MH 5. I have just returned from New York via Frankfurt with 2 different airlines, of which one was Malaysia. I really have to say that it now feels like a different airline. In short, I feel that the cutting cost is obvious. I feel the spirit of the crew is not there.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  20 February 2014 by Oskar Beck    (Sweden)

We flew from Amsterdam to Kuala Lumpur and back from Denpasar to Kuala Lumpur and from there to Amsterdam on 18 Feb 2014. The flight Amsterdam - Kuala Lumpur had decent service and friendly staff. However, the return journey from Denpasar to Kuala Lumpur was a disappointment. Staff were bland and ignored your wishes. Even worse was the journey between Kuala Lumpur and Amsterdam. The food was distributed quickly, the lights did not work, which meant we could not read our book. We had different expectations of this airline.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  19 February 2014 by Clive V Drake    (UK)

KL - Langkawi - KL - Phuket. Three flights on average 1 hour each on my tour of the Far East. The first two flights were on an ageing 737-200 and the last on a newish 737-800. Was surprised that the airline was dry on all but the last flight. Old business class on the 737-200 - which was very tatty. The newish 737-800 was very comfortable. FAs on all flights were friendly and efficient. My wife ate the food on all flights and said it was "okay". The lounge at KL was very average and again no booze. MA was, for the purpose we booked them - okay. Would only use them again if I had to.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  19 February 2014 by J Mounir    (Australia)

Flew KL to Melbourne late last Saturday night. Had been offered and received a Boarding Pass for this leg of the trip the previous day in Yangon. At that time I'd been asked if I wanted a window seat, to which I'd replied that I did. When I got on the flight I found myself squashed in the middle of the row, two people each side. The seat didn't recline and the in-flight entertainment didn't work for most of the journey. This was the most uncomfortable flight I have ever been on, and definitely would not recommend Malaysia Airlines to anyone.