Malaysia Airlines Customer Reviews and Malaysia Airlines Passenger Trip Reports

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  13 October 2014 by Bazlee Matzain    (Australia)

MH127 KUL-PER 3 Oct. The flight was full. No empty seats. Excellent service by flight crews. The crews looked tired but that didn't impact the overall service. Only setback was the cabin aircon was not working when boarding. The ground power supply wasn't working. The temperature in the cabin were too hot. The plane departed 15 minutes late. Otherwise overall service was excellent, will fly again on MH.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  13 October 2014 by Niall Mark    (Australia)

10th Sept, MH134, BNE to KUL then 11th Sept, MH004, KUL to LHR. We fly annually with MAS to Europe. Earlier this month we flew BNE to LHR changing aircraft at KUL. Cabin crew were better than ever. On the A330 they now supply a slipover quilt which stops any sliding on the angled seat. Crew clearly worried about retrenchments in the current environment. Our flights were excellent in every way. I hope the public give MAS the support it deserves.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  13 October 2014 by Shretha Sudhakar    (New Zealand)

We flew from KL to SYD earlier this week and were very disappointed with the staff. We checked in and were told we were being given a bassinet seat for our 10 month old, when we boarded we realised it wasn't a bassinet seat but was the second last row in the cabin. When we raised this with the flight attendants they were not helpful at all and said it was the "ground staff" that we had to talk to - this is after we had boarded. Eventually they decided to call the ground staff after all the passengers had boarded so they could sort it out. When we spoke to the ground staff we were told that we were given incorrect information and that we were supposed to check our seats (I don't know how we are meant to know where our seats are allocated). He said there wasn't anything they could do and that we had to sit at the seat without the bassinet for the 9-hour flight unless we asked whether anyone was willing to swap seats with us. They refused to talk to the passengers and find a seat for us. I will never be travelling with this airline again and was very disappointed with their service.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  13 October 2014 by G Barclay    (UK)

My husband and I flew London - Phuket in September and returned in October. We thought both flights were great. The staff were really friendly and were more than happy to help with any issues we had. Had no complaints at all.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  9 October 2014 by Alex Page    (UK)

Two flights from Amsterdam to Manila. First flight to Kuala Lumpur MH19. Flight was comfortable, staff were very friendly and helpful. Food was nice as far as plane food goes. Aircraft is getting a little old, but it didn't effect the comfort. Second connection flight was MH806. The plane was modern and comfortable. Food was okay and staff were friendly. Biggest compliment I could pay is how professional the staff are.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  9 October 2014 by L Thorpe    (UK)

I am a frequent flyer with Malaysian Airlines and have been loyal to them during this last year, but standards seem to be slowly declining. Yesterday I took the midday flight from London to KL. I declined a glass of wine with my lunch as it was too early in the day for me, but a few hours later I fancied a drink so I went to the back of the upper deck and requested one. The flight attendant was preparing soft drinks and refused me any alcohol. "It's finished" she snapped. Is this a new policy? Also, the air quality was noticeably poor. Maybe that's why the flight attendant was so grouchy.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  9 October 2014 by Keith Rigg    (UK)

Used Malaysia Airlines to fly from Amsterdam to Denpasar return. The return flight was 2 hours late very little updated information from Kuala Lumpur. The food and the service was poor. The service compared with other airlines I flew before was nothing special. Very disappointed.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  9 October 2014 by P Khaira    (UK)

I flew from London to Kuala Lumpur in August, I have always flown MAS. Another great flight on time both ways. I only have praises for the very friendly and pleasant cabin crew. Drinks were served every hour and the food as fantastic. Inflight entertainment was great.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  6 October 2014 by David Whitby    (Australia)

I flew Brisbane to London via KL - return with Malaysian airlines and was more than happy with every aspect of the experience, both on the A330 and the A380. I look forward to flying with them again as soon as possible.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  6 October 2014 by H Davis    (Australia)

Just flew Adelaide/KL/Singapore with Malaysia Airlines and couldn't have been happier. Flights were great, friendly efficient staff, good meals and entertainment. With all the problems Malaysia Airlines have suffered this year, I hope they keep flying. We will certainly book with them again.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  2 October 2014 by D Michel    (Switzerland)

We did a Business Class flight from Frankfurt to Denpasar via Kuala Lumpur. The Chef-On Call service worked perfectly and the food was good in quality and taste. The staff were very friendly and always smiled. Each flight was operated with a Boeing 777-200. The seat were are good but not the newest ones. Unfortunately not fully flat when you want to sleep but still we could sleep about 8 hours non stop without disturbance and wake up relaxed. The onboard entertainment system is not the newest system anymore and did not offer a good range of movies. I have seen much betters in other airlines. But it worked without any issues. The service before the flight is great. All my requests were fulfilled and I received a reply on my emails within 12 hours usually.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  2 October 2014 by V Shriram    (Malaysia)

I regularly fly Malaysia Airlines and am usually pleased with their service but this time the abysmal service on my Bangalore-Kuala Lumpur flight needs reporting. I was placed on a seat in front of an exit row and was horrified to find the seat couldn't recline at all! To make matters worse the seat pitch was no different to some budget airline like Ryanair! Imagine being mashed up for 4 hours in a seat that wont recline while the seat in front of you is reclined all the way for 4 hours! By the end of the flight I was exhausted as it was so uncomfortable that I was unable to sleep squashed into the tiny seat with the TV screen mashed up to my face (meaning I couldn't watch anything without hurting my eyes). My back and neck still hurt even though it has been a day now. For those who are wondering, I bought a full service Class L economy ticket not one of the ultra cheap H or K tickets so at the very least I should not have been stuck in such a seat! From now on I shall fly Singapore Airlines to Bangalore even though it means that I have to transit in Changi.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  2 October 2014 by A Wong    (Australia)

Melbourne-KL-Bangkok return in economy. Flight from Melbourne to Kl was the 12.05 departure. A chicken roll with spicy relish was served as supper, and a breakfast of continental or nasi lemak was served prior to landing in KL. On the flight from Kl to Bangkok a chicken roll was served with a piece of cake. I would rate the food as average, there was nothing that stood out or was out standing. Staff were excellent and friendly, and meal service was very efficient. My request for a scotch and coke was fulfilled promptly. Toilets were kept clean at all times. Cabin announcements were kept to a minimum to allow sleep. Seats were comfortable for economy with ample leg room. Good choice of movies and TV shows. On the return flight from KL to Melbourne a dinner was served of curry chicken with salad and sticky date pudding. This was by far the best meal our of all the planes. Plane was an older model so seats didn't recline but luckily plane wasn't full so could stretch out. Breakfast was a very bland chicken roll, saw a lot of people have a bite and leave it aside. Service once again excellent. Overall a good experience, the fares were about $400 cheaper than Thai and almost the same as Air Asia. I have flown them many times and the service is always without fault. All flights were full or close to full and left and arrived on time.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  29 September 2014 by Abdullah Basfar    (Malaysia)

KUL-JED-KUL, MH150 and MH151. It was a fantastic trip for me and my family. The cabin crew were very friendly and attentive. The food were delicious. The IFE also very good with many choices of movies. I will definitely fly with Malaysia Airlines again in the future.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  23 September 2014 by Moore John    (Australia)

MH122 (SYD-KUL A330-300) MH758 (KUL-SGN B737-800) MH765 (REP-KUL B737-800) MH141 (KUL-SYD A330-300) Business Class August/September. Despite their travails over the past months Malaysia still rates with the best, the cabins were full both to KL and Saigon, only 5 pax (out of 16 seats) from Siem Reap and 17 pax (out of 42 to Sydney). Check-in was hassle free at all locations with lounge access after border protection and security (note MH now use the QF Business Class lounge at SYD rather than their own lounge down in the bowels of Kingsford Smith). There was no priority boarding at KUL or REP but once on board service was exemplary on all sectors with friendly and attentive crews, the exception was REP-KUL (2 flight attendants for 5 pax but no teamwork or co-operation, rapid meal service, CSM spent most of the flight reading his paper and no priority landing passes which meant almost 30 minutes to clear immigration at KUL - not good). Food and beverage was good with tasty meals, the satay is always a winner, and a good wine selection (interestingly wine wasn't offered with the 'lite meal' served before landing - dinner time - but available if requested, however they embarrassingly ran out of all white wine on the SYD-KUL sector). The standard of catering on the two short sectors was astonishingly good. My only complaint would be that the meals were rushed when a more leisurely pace would have suited the time of day.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  23 September 2014 by Kuhan Kandiah Chelvanathan    (Malaysia)

Flew Malaysia Airlines recently on KUL-LHR-KUL on their flagship A380. Upper deck was a breeze and seats, food and IFE was on par with the likes of the competitors. Crew were friendly, pleasant and offered juice/drinks consistently every hour. Flight was slightly longer due to the new flight path which took longer than usual. The loads on KUL-LHR was 100% full and LHR-KUL was 90%. Transfer between Terminal 4 and Terminal 5 was a breeze at LHR. Good flight and excellent crew like always. Keep up the positive spirit.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  20 September 2014 by Zulkhairul Naim    (Malaysia)

Flew domestic route Kota Kinabalu - Kuala Lumpur return with B737-800 (90-95% passengers load) and international Kuala Lumpur - Melbourne with A330 (60-70 % passengers load). I would said positive points were smooth check in, on time flight, welcoming cabin crews and good legroom. But, I think MH needs some improvements with certain aspects if still want to stay in line with other legacy airlines such as SQ, CX, QR, EK. These are things such as: food services. For instance, for domestic 2.5 hr flight it is not reasonable to be served refreshments only. My meal from MEL-KUL was a tasteless nasi lemak. IFE was very good but would better if they have Malay subtitles for non Malay language movies. Otherwise satisfied with MH in general.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  18 September 2014 by Muhammad Noor Fadzili    (Malaysia)

AKL-KUL-AKL (1 July and 18 July 2014) on the Boeing 777-200. The seats were very comfortable and the legroom was wide for an economy class. In terms of food, I prefer the one from KUL as it is catered by Brahim's instead of the food that was catered at AKL's catering. The screen of the IFE was a too small in the 777, I hardly enjoyed the movies and expected to have more choices. However, the audio on demand was up to date, they have the latest album of my favorite singers. Cabin crew was friendly and they provided a very good service to all passengers.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  7 September 2014 by Juraj Kovac    (Czech Republic)

KUL-SIN Sunday noon departure. Online booking and check-in is easy enough, with an added bonus of being able to drop off bags at the City Air Terminal at KL Sentral before boarding the airport train. After that, it's a little disorganized. Boarding time is advertised far too early, making passengers wait half outside the gate area for a second security screening, and only then getting to wait with proper seating. The staff was OK, though none too friendly. They handed out peanuts and drinks, and that was it. I didn't mind choosing MH over similarly priced competition, nor was the trip in any way memorable. Average in general.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  7 September 2014 by Lyon Goh    (Singapore)

BKK-KUL-SYD-KUL-BKK. For the first leg BKK-KUL, the flight was flown with a B737-800 and the leg room was comparable to a budget airline! Not quite what I expected! Food was just okay but it's just a short flight so nothing to complain about. The second leg KUL-SYD was excellent. Attentive and polite cabin crew for an overnight flight and the food was one of the best I've had. Flight arrived earlier than scheduled, which was commendable. The return flight SYD-KUL was quite full and the cabin crew seems a little short tempered. My request for water was being brushed away by 1 cabin crew, and the second cabin crew replied in a not so polite tone. I noticed that the crew was more friendly to non-Asians and I did not get a single smile from the 2 cabin crew that was tending to my row of seats. Food was great as usual but not the cabin crew. The last leg KUL-BKK was cancelled a few days before the flight and I was put to a flight the next morning, about 11 hours away from the original flight. I had to book a room at the transit hotel at KLIA to spend the night. No compensation was made, not even a free upgrade to Business Class. Again, cabin crew put on long faces. If given a chance, I would avoid flying with Malaysia Airlines.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  7 September 2014 by Casper Yap    (USA)

ICN-KUL, A330 code share with Korean 8/26. It has been many years since I traveled with MH, but considering the recent events I had no qualms about this trip. The price and flight schedules were right. Two FA seems sad and about to cry during the flight, for some reasons. The rest were fine and professional. Service and food were okay. Flight left and landed on time, luggage was present at the end of the trip. My section was 50-60% full, mainly locals. I would fly with them again, but will see how the recently announced cuts affect service.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  7 September 2014 by Jenni Zaccaria    (Australia)

My husband flew from Perth to Kuala Lumpur to Tokyo to Los Angeles. When we got seated on the plane in Perth we had to use wipes to clean the surface in front of us and our tables as they were filthy. When we got seated on the plane at Kuala Lumpur we sat there for approximately in a hot plane without taking off for about thirty minutes, then advised there was a technical problem and they were waiting for an engineer. We then sat in the hot plane for about another half an hour and not even offered a drink of water. Passengers had to go into the service areas and ask the hostesses for a drink. I understand planes do have problems from time to time but to not even be offered a drink. After about another half an hour we had to get off this plane and get onto another one. On the flights to Tokyo and the following one to Los Angeles the meals were disgusting and we are not fussy eaters at all but couldn't eat the meals. Also on these flights the rubbish incurred by the passengers was not once collected. On the ten hour flight Tokyo to Los Angeles we did not get one cup of tea or coffee. Every time it was time for tea or coffee they said they couldn't serve it because of impending turbulence which we are still waiting for. We flew home from Rome to Perth with Emirates and experienced a lot of turbulence but still received our tea and coffee. We were a bit hesitant going with Malaysian Airlines after the disappearance of their aircraft but did think they would go out of their way and offer a very good service but not to be. We will never fly with them again because of the dirty, inedible food and shocking service on their flights.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  2 September 2014 by Davis Lou    (UK)

Flew LHR-KL-LHR on the A380, economy section of upper deck on both legs. The seats are comfortable enough but leg- room is still somewhat restricted. The cabin crew were attentive, there were drinks brought around every hour during the flight. The food was standard airline fare but coming out of KL, there was little choice, it was 'spicy' or nothing - so I had nothing. Having said that, most other passengers seemed to find something to eat. The upper deck is a pleasant experience, it feels more spacious in economy because of the fewer number of seats. My main complaint would be the temperature, it was bitterly cold initially, with many passengers wrapped in blankets and coats. Surprisingly, there was no amenity pack of any description in economy.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  2 September 2014 by Ashton Alexander    (USA)

KUL-LHR. Long 12 hour flight, was slightly delayed. Nothing but praise for Malaysian airlines. Fantastic crew who did their job to the best ability. The Inflight entertainment on the A380 is the best I have experienced, 200+ movies, how could anyone get bored on a flight like that? Food was good too.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  2 September 2014 by M Ismail    (Malaysia)

KUL-KCH, MH2520, 19 August 2014. KCH-KUL, MH2521, 22 August 2014. Outbound flight almost half empty seats. Overall experience from the food, IFE and crew services in term of friendliness is excellent. Inbound flight with less empty seats is similar to the outbound flight, with the exception of cold sandwiches that were served to the passengers, the overall experience is truly 5 star for 1.5 hour domestic flight.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  2 September 2014 by Julie Irwin    (Austalia)

My partner and I flew from Kuala Lumpur to Sydney on August 21st. I found the food very ordinary and the Vegetable rolls are awful. I was so hungry after being awake all-night due to a child in the seat behind me continually kicking the back of my partners seat. The service is also average which is unfortunate. I spilt water all over me and looked for someone to help me, maybe grab me a towel or something. I waited until an attendant came into view. I waved to him and smiled to let him know I needed him. He stood there looking at me, then turned away. Totally ignored me. He eventually came. By the time he decided to come I had used the blanket to wipe up all the water. Not happy at all with service. I really would like to see airlines group families together a bit separate from adults traveling with no children and I feel it is really unfair to be kept awake all night and inconvenienced by badly behaved children. I can not see me flying Malaysia Airlines again.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  2 September 2014 by Costello Brendan    (Australia)

How standards have slipped on MAS! Flew Brisbane-KUL on 15/08 and was on MAS again after using a number of other airlines for frequent trips up to S.E.Asia. We were not able to get the seats we requested and ended up way down the back. IF entertainment was limited and not all advertised choices were available. The food was terrible with 'dinner' being a small strip pie, even the staff apologized when I questioned what they had served up to us. Breakfast was a little better. Drinks had to be requested and was limited to 2 serves only. Staff then retreated to their area and we're hardly seen for the rest of the flight. It is easy to see where MAS is heading, but sad to see what was once a great airline drop its standards so much.