Royal Air Maroc Customer Reviews and Royal Air Maroc Passenger Trip Reports

a World 3-Star Airline

Royal Air Maroc
1.5 Star Rating: Poor

1 2 3 4

Royal Air Maroc Customer review :  13 March 2014 by Goossens Bart    (Ghana)

Accra-Casablanca-Brussels 500$ for a one-way ticket. The baggage allowance was very generous 3x23 kgs and 10 kgs of hand luggage. Check-in was smooth and departure on time. The old 737-700 offers limited comfort and on the Accra-Casablanca there was not any form of entertainment , headphones were not distributed. The breakfast served was limited to a small cake, a minute cup of yoghurt and a bread roll. The tray wasn't clean and there were traces of food on it from a previous passenger. The Casablanca-Brussels leg was a little bit better, with acceptable food and more friendly staff. Nobody beats their price and that's why I give them 6/10.

Royal Air Maroc Customer review :  3 March 2014 by Frank De Boer    (Netherlands)

Flew BRU-CMN, prices were far too high! 550 euro's round-trip, even a trip to Dubai is cheaper! Flight was a pleasant one, no delays - on time and some nice food served aswell.

Royal Air Maroc Customer review :  19 February 2014 by B Dubnick    (USA)

We flew round trip JFK from New York to Casablanca to join a group going on a Jewish tour of Morocco. We were very pleased with the service provided by Royal Air Maroc. Both flights were on time. The attendants were friendly and helpful and the security was excellent. We would definitely recommend Royal Air Maroc!

Royal Air Maroc Customer review :  17 February 2014 by M Azzouz    (Holland)

I have been flying for almost 3 years now, between Amsterdam and Casablanca (sometimes Tangiers). I fly about 5 round-trip flights a year with Royal Air Maroc. This is the only carrier to Morocco that I will be using!

Royal Air Maroc Customer review :  30 January 2014 by Meindl Michael    (Germany)

Germany-Agadir return. 2 hour wait at check-in in Berlin. Only one jetway at aircraft, more waiting in the December cold. No boarding pass was issued for connection in Casablanca. Transfer counter in Casablanca: A bulk of shouting passengers rather fearing to miss their flights due to the level of proficiency. Mobile boarding passes cannot be used to pass security. You have to use your force to obtain the boarding pass. Worst transit ever. Arriving in Agadir our bags were lost for three days. Return flight was good and almost on time. That prevents me from giving a worse review. All in all. Not again. By no means.

Royal Air Maroc Customer review :  28 January 2014 by Khawla Amin    (Qatar)

Cairo to Casablanca. Where do I even begin? Flight delayed for 5 hours, and no announcement was made on the reason. No food or beverage vouchers were handed out. The flight was on the filthiest B737-800 I have ever been on. Food was simply inedible. The crew spent the entire flight chatting among themselves. The bathrooms, as many reviewers here have pointed out, were disgracefully filthy.

Royal Air Maroc Customer review :  24 January 2014 by Mustafa Gailan    (USA)

I traveled twice in economy on their B747-300 from JFK to CMN round trips and didn't encounter major issues with the airline. The food and service was very good, when I requested a change in seats they helped me right away. The plane was clean, seats were comfortable and their personal screens had decent entertainment. I even had an incident were I lost a ring in the bathroom and the flight attendant found it and gave it back to me. Their timings are good, I never suffered from delays. I also think that many times their tickets are overpriced.

Royal Air Maroc Customer review :  23 January 2014 by Ali Solhi    (Morocco)

Casablanca to Paris return. Food excellent and crew very friendly. Excellent omelette for breakfast. New leather seats on both Boeing 767-300 from Casablanca and return on Boeing 737-800. I was surprised with their improvements. Both legs on time.

Royal Air Maroc Customer review :  14 January 2014 by Pedro Haddad Martins    (Brazil)

Went from Casablanca (Morocco) to Sao Paulo (Brazil) in January, 2014. There was nice space in economy class, but the airplane (an old Boeing 747-300) was not well maintained (broken tray, seat that did not recline properly) the toilets on-board were dirty. There was no individual screens and the sound system (for the movie or music channels) were not working during the flight. Nice dinner but terrible cold breakfast. The crew were inattentive and rude.

Royal Air Maroc Customer review :  29 September 2013 by Patricio O'Dwyer    (Argentina)

I just had a short flight from Casablanca to Marrakech with Royal Air Maroc Express and the overall experience was good, especially considering the bad reviews I had previously read. Check-in in Casablanca was friendly and helpful.

Royal Air Maroc Customer review :  23 September 2013 by P J Trebuchet    (UAE)

BCN-TNG. Both legs were operated by old tired Boeing 737-500. BCN-TNG: check-in and boarding disorganized, priority passes were not respected. Toilets on-board were dirty and smelly, food was served cold and only 30 minutes before landing. Rude and impolite cabin crew, with an exception for the Chef de Cabine who did his best. Inbound flight: 2 hours delay even though the aircraft was parked on tarmac, no explanation. When I tried to get some information to RAM ground staff at Tangier, I was told very harshly to sit down, wait and mind my own business. Only one W.C was operative, "breakfast" consisted in a dry piece of brad and an inedible croissant, no jam, no butter. Rude and ignorant cabin crew. I wonder how that "airline" can still be flying. Obviously never again.

Royal Air Maroc Customer review :  10 September 2013 by K Joslin    (UK)

I was due to travel from Casablanca on 6th of September (never travel on Friday) to Barcelona. Despite arriving early, there was a long queue at check in. As is usually the case at Casablanca, there was much shouting and arm waving during the process, with the police called to moderate one argument, which looked to be heading towards a fight. Eventually got to the front of the queue to be told that the flight was overbooked and they had no seat for me. I was given a boarding pass for the direct flight to London at 3pm the next day. I explained that I did not want to spend another night away from home and that I would like to transfer to any other flight to Europe. I was told there were no seats available. I was given a slip of paper to take to the cashier to claim 1,500 Dirhams compensation. The cashier refused to pay, offering only an upgrade to business class for my next flight. I spent some time at the ticket office trying to get another ticket to anywhere, but was told that the ticket office could not issue tickets and that I had to queue up at a check in desk to ask if there was space on a flight. I did this twice, which took until after lunch. I finally admitted defeat and went to the airline's accommodation office where I eventually was given a voucher for a local hotel.

Royal Air Maroc Customer review :  4 September 2013 by Eben Boafo    (USA)

I flew Air Maroc from JFK to Casablanca on July 12, 2013. The flight was great. I did not encounter any of the negative comments I usually read. It was a great flight, with very good food and excellent private entertainment.

Royal Air Maroc Customer review :  3 September 2013 by N Fitti    (Spain)

Last month I flew from Barcelona to Casablanca and on to Marrakech. First flight was supposed to be at 4pm and it was cancelled. Next flight was at 8pm, but it was overbooked and I didn't get on it. Booked on a flight at 10pm. This was delayed and we left Barcelona at 11pm. We arrived so late at Casablanca that we missed our connection to Marrakech. Tried to get information from staff but they were really unhelpful and not able to find any solution. Finally, after 3 hours wait at customer services, we were booked on the next flight to Marrakech, which was at 11am the next day. Nobody helped us and all the staff we approached from the Royal Air Maroc were rude.

Royal Air Maroc Customer review :  21 August 2013 by Johnny Kovoor    (USA)

NY-Casablanca-NY this past week. Outbound flight delayed 5 hours, connection from Casablanca-Barcelona delayed another 5 hours. Airport staff for RAM were not helpful, with no useful information. No one at Casablanca airport knew about our flight timing, the standard answer was to check the screen. The seats onboard were not spacious, service was unfriendly. The bathrooms were filthy at the time of departure both ways, half way through both flights there was toilet paper on the floors, counters were constantly wet. Food was palatable, but considering the fine quality of Moroccan cuisine, this airline meal didn't match up. On arrival in Casablanca, we got bussed to the terminal. If you even remotely consider asking anyone for anything at Casablanca Airport, they will "beg" for money, so keep a lot of spare change handy. Ground staff at RAM Casablanca are the least helpful, they don't speak any English!

Royal Air Maroc Customer review :  13 August 2013 by S Patow    (USA)

The flight was horrible. Rome to Casablanca - had no one to help us - the plane was dirty, service poor very unfriendly and not willing to talk with us, even though we were trying to speak to them in French. Arrived 2 hours late - luggage didn't, had to make repeat trips to the airport to wait for planes to come in to see if luggage was on it, one bag did not arrive until the day before we were to leave - 9 days later.

Royal Air Maroc Customer review :  29 July 2013 by Magdy Louka    (Cyprus)

After a pleasant flight with Egyptair to JFK, my return was from Montreal to Casablanca for a conference on Royal Air Maroc. A dreadful experience from start to finish. Only one inedible meal was served on the nearly 11 hour flight. Crew was rude and disinterested. The 30 year old B-747 had no individual entertainment but a hazy, barely functional overhead TV monitor playing what seemed to be a century-old Arabic film. As others have reported, the bathrooms were very dirty. Never again.

Royal Air Maroc Customer review :  25 July 2013 by L Murray    (Australia)

London Heathrow to Casablanca, June 4th 2013. After reading the many negative reviews on this airline we were very pleasantly surprised. We departed on time, the flight crew were pleasant and the meal was good. I only used the bathroom early on in the flight but it was spotless. Legroom is a little cramped but overall we were very happy with the flight.

Royal Air Maroc Customer review :  25 July 2013 by L Murray    (Australia)

June 17th. Casablanca to Dakar, Senegal. Our second flight with RAM in a fortnight, and again we were not disappointed. Flight left on time, aircraft was new, the meal was very nice and the flight crew pleasant. We chose RAM because it was a direct flight and the price was reasonable.

Royal Air Maroc Customer review :  11 July 2013 by Alain Girard    (France)

Flight supposed to be direct from Marrakech to Marseille. In fact flight Marrakech to Bordeaux (500 kms north of Marseille) then stop for 40 min blocked in the plane, then flight Bordeaux - Marseille. 4hrs 15min instead of 2hrs 30min. No notice from Royal Air Maroc before plane registering (if they advised, people could have taken Ryanair flight leaving around the same time!). In the plane, no place for the legs, very poor food, no entertainment.

Royal Air Maroc Customer review :  29 June 2013 by J Oulif    (Netherlands)

AT850 last Monday. A good flight with RAM. 738(RGJ), this aircraft has a sky interior that was very nice. Crew were not too friendly. The food was good and service was not bad for the price I paid (€105). I really like the seats. One thing RAM needs to do: FA's need to be more friendly to passengers.

Royal Air Maroc Customer review :  7 June 2013 by Farid El-Hayouini    (Canada)

Montreal to Casablanca. Prices: higher than any airline out there. Seats not comfortable and food horrible. Staff not friendly at all. I wish there was another airline on the same route.

Royal Air Maroc Customer review :  3 June 2013 by S Yun    (UK)

CMN-LHR. The experience was shockingly bad from start to finish. Chaotic boarding, which left London-bound passengers worried that they may end up in Toulouse, no explanations given for delays, very cramped seating, announcements (including the safety demo) made in barely audible, barely intelligible English, the list goes on. I've also never seen a cabin so poorly maintained.

Royal Air Maroc Customer review :  29 May 2013 by H Bensmail    (Canada)

Montreal to Casablanca in economy class. The seats were tight and not comfortable. The food is so-so. The toilets are dirty. It seems like they don't clean the aircraft very well. The entertainment is almost non existent with TVs dating from the 70s. Too bad, Morocco has a monopoly on the Montreal - Casablanca flight otherwise I would never flight with this airline.

Royal Air Maroc Customer review :  24 May 2013 by K Lau    (USA)

2 round-trip flights between NYC and Casablanca within the past 3 months and every time the conditions haven't been clean. When I asked for the filthy bathroom to be cleaned, the staff acted like it wasn't their job. They take out water bottles prior to flight but then don't provide enough water on the plane. On some planes, the seats don't recline. The ear phones don't always work.

Royal Air Maroc Customer review :  22 May 2013 by J Falk    (USA)

Recently flew to Casablanca and back. I was pleasantly surprised with the quality of the flight. In business class, the food was delicious, fresh and served nicely. Video quality was good as was the selection of films, although the headset was not as comfortable as on some other airlines. Arrived early and had to wait a little for a gate at JFK but I can't blame the airline for this. Would not hesitate to recommend the airline and plan to take it on my next flight to Morocco and, perhaps, for a connection elsewhere in North Africa to avoid connecting in Europe.

Royal Air Maroc Customer review :  5 May 2013 by Khawla Amin    (Qatar)

Beirut to Casablanca and a week later Casablanca to Cairo. Both sectors were on old. tattered and filthy B737-800's. The food was horrible to say the least. The crew was a mixed bag with male flight attendants tending to be slightly friendlier than female staff. No IFE of any sort with just overhead video screens scattered throughout the planes playing the same old Egyptian movie again and again. But the worst thing is surely the disgraceful condition of the bathrooms. They were absolutely revolting and smelly and not cleaned throughout the flights. Royal Air Maroc is surely the worst airline I have ever been on.

Royal Air Maroc Customer review :  19 April 2013 by D Russo    (USA)

Flew on March 30 from Rome to CMN. Was apprehensive after reading such negative reviews. However, we had no problems at all. The plane was in good condition, the staff courteous and the snack was OK too.

Royal Air Maroc Customer review :  15 April 2013 by A Glambedakis    (Australia)

Was scheduled for Barcelona-Tangier. Showed up at the airport 3 hours early, no check-in staff. 1 hour before departure, still no check in staff - was told the flight had been cancelled, no reason as to why. I was given a call centre number. They rescheduled me for the following night's flight - no explanation. The flight had a further 2 hour delay the next night. The aircraft condition was a mess. Dirty, cramped, smelly. The food was substandard. And that was the fastest safety demonstration I have ever seen in my life - no more than 3 minutes. Landed in Tangier 35 hours late. Lesson learned, they will not have my custom again.

Royal Air Maroc Customer review :  3 April 2013 by I Wright    (Australia)

Flew Barcelona to Tangier. Turned up at BCN airport 3 hours prior to the scheduled flight time. Check in desks were abandoned. About 1 hour before boarding there was still no one at check in. A number of passengers phoned the airline to find out what was going on only to be told the flight had been cancelled. No notifications were provided to any of the passengers and the flight was rescheduled to the following day. Not even the information boards in the airport reflected that the flight was cancelled. I had to go back to my hotel and come back the following day only to find the flight times had been changed twice. When I did eventually get on the plane, the interior was in a pitiful state and the flight staff were appalling. Never again.

Royal Air Maroc Customer review :  2 April 2013 by Carol Hollister    (Portugal)

Lisbon to Marrakech via Casablanca. Lisbon to Casablanca left on time with connecting flight in Casablanca cancelled with the option to wait in Casablanca domestic (!) airport for flight or be bussed to Marrakech. I took the latter and arrived after the flight would have as immigration delays and luggage retrieval delayed the bus departure. Royal Air Maroc staff were overall dismissive and generally begrudgingly helpful, except for the fellow who got us to our bus: he worked hard against all odds to get us to Marrakech. Worse to come on return - Marrakech to Casablanca flight sort of left on time but again delayed in Casablanca for 1.5 hours with no help from RAM staff other than to be coldly told to 'go sit and wait for 45 minutes. 1.5 hours later we departed. Given late arrival in Lisbon I missed connecting transport resulting in additional expenses and very late in the night arrival at my destination.

Royal Air Maroc Customer review :  28 March 2013 by Gilles Intan    (Germany)

Just returned home from Marrakech. Aircraft was B737-800 but the crews weren't very professional and friendly, (I had to remind them several times that I wanted water and they turned the TV on an hour after take off). Aircraft interior and toilet during the first leg (Frankfurt-Casablanca) was bad and the food was 'so- so' as well as not being generous enough with portion. Will not fly with Royal Air Maroc anymore.

Royal Air Maroc Customer review :  25 March 2013 by Paul Hillier    (Australia)

Paris Orly to Marrakech and return - had little choice but to take this option and basically got what I expected, average / poor service in old aircraft and a tired crew. No entertainment on a 3hr flight, seats uncomfortable and cramped. Won't be going back if I can help it.

Royal Air Maroc Customer review :  20 March 2013 by T Crawshaw    (UK)

CMN-LHR. Check-in was slow and disorganised, dealing with a passenger's overweight baggage in front of us at the counter took them nearly half an hour, during which the check-in attendants changed shift! Boarding was a shambles - 15 mins after heading into the airbridge people started coming out again, for what reason I am not sure, but it resulted in both staff members leaving their posts at the gate so random people could just walk onto the plane. Those of us at the back of the queue got on without anyone looking at our boarding passes! Meal was tasteless mush (I chose the fish) and the announcements were deafeningly loud and distorted. For this reason they decided not to play the movie, which we can be thankful for. Plane was a bit old but not too bad, comfort level was OK but seats weren't the greatest.

Royal Air Maroc Customer review :  14 March 2013 by M Kraus    (Germany)

Everything was horrible. Dedicated check-in at CMN airport completely chaotic, no enforcement of cabin luggage restrictions (business class overhead bins already stuffed when I boarded the plane), cabin interior both old and dirty, service limited to an absolute minimum.

Royal Air Maroc customer review :  14 March 2013 by Peter Watt   (France)

Customer Rating :  5/10

Marrakech-Bordeaux, 5/3/2013. Flight on time, in fact was early. Crew were smart and attentive. But the aeroplane was filthy. My armrest was broken and there was food splattered all over the back of the seat in front. Carpet was filthy with rubbish strewn about.

Royal Air Maroc customer review :  25 February 2013 by M Kehoe   (Australia)

Customer Rating :  0/10

Flew from Marrakech to Fez (via Casablanca) in business class. The business class is in name alone. Its just a scam to charge tourists twice as much with the same seats, no meals or drinks, no service, no airport lounge and no priority boarding. There are multiple parts of the plane's interior which are falling apart. And then finally, your bags are lost and you need to travel to the airport yourself every night to see if they have arrived (as they won't deliver them and won't advise you if they have arrived).

Royal Air Maroc customer review :  28 December 2012 by A Gallo   (USA)

Customer Rating :  1/10

Just flew back from Casablanca to JFK - the airplane was dirty. The food was terrible. My daughter is a coeliac - requested a gluten free meal when booking and told no problem. They gave her a regular meal with bread and cake. Advised them it was a problem - they looked at us like we were crazy. Service from the flight attendants was terrible. Wanted a glass of water - went to the 'kitchen' area - 2 flight attendants were fast asleep. The bathrooms were disgusting. Never Again.

Royal Air Maroc customer review :  29 November 2012 by P Munson   (Canada)

Customer Rating :  7/10

Montreal - Casablanca return on 767-300ER. Seat pitch was okay. Outbound, the food and washroom cleanliness were okay. On the return however, food and washroom cleanliness were far from good - and water wasn't offered during the flight (had to go to the galley when required). Ceiling-mounted TVs were not visible from our seating positions. Flights pretty much on time and no baggage issues.

Royal Air Maroc customer review :  29 November 2012 by J Piazza   (Australia)

Customer Rating :  1/10

My wife and I flew from Paris (Orly) to Marrakech and return 2 weeks ago. After booking on-line in Australia we had questions about the boarding information which was written in French. After receiving no response from their published call centre after 5 attempts, we gave up and. The flight itself was awful. Our seats and meal trays were filthy and we had to wipe them down with hand wipes to remove food and other material. On the return trip there was no room in the overhead lockers for our carry on luggage. Cabin crew just asked to me to hold the bag in my lap and it wasn't until we started moving that they asked me to stand up and put it in the business class area. Other passengers took calls on their mobile phones during the take-off run. Will never fly RAM again.

Royal Air Maroc customer review :  20 November 2012 by M Sinclair   (USA)

Customer Rating :  0/10

We fly direct from JFK to Casablanca. Service is terrible, plane is filthy. On my most recent flight it was delayed 4 hours with no apology, our seats had no padding and mid flight there was a flood down our aisle from the bathroom. Food is awful and there has never been a movie on board. In the past our seats have been sold to someone else and we were forced to stay in morocco another day. They are the only direct flight from JFK to Morocco.

Royal Air Maroc customer review :  16 November 2012 by R Cedri   (Italy)

Customer Rating :  3/10

Casablanca to Bologna, 1 hour delay. Nobody apologized. Food horrible, toilets and aircraft not well maintained and not cleaned.

Royal Air Maroc customer review :  8 November 2012 by Masni Shabri   (Indonesia)

Customer Rating :  2/10

CMN to NKC. Took off almost an hour late of schedule, and crew have never apologized. Food terrible for business class. The plane was not terribly old, but serious lack of proper maintenance on the interior. Went to the lavatory, and I just don't want to go there ever again, because of the lack of maintenance. Baggage handling was OK. The service from the crew member was mediocre.

Royal Air Maroc customer review :  5 October 2012 by Y Yusuf   (Switzerland)

Customer Rating :  4/10

RAK-CMN-TNG on ATR 72-600 with 2.5 hrs layover in CMN. Aircraft quite new but not that clean. Seat pitch was ok and seat quite comfortable. No snacks were given on board. I think the price was not reasonable for such short domestic flight.

Royal Air Maroc customer review :  20 September 2012 by M Studzinski   (Poland)

Customer Rating :  8/10

Marrakech-Munich, on B737-800. Flight departed and arrived on time. A bit tired looking 737, not too much leg room, but clean. Very nice, attentive and smiling cabin crew, hot breakfast (some pancakes, yoghurt, jam, honey, cream cheese, bread roll), hot drinks and fruit juices and water. IFE of overhead monitors, with air map and some comedy shorts. Quite surprised how "ok" the flight was, although seats would be more comfortable with more legroom.

Royal Air Maroc customer review :  19 September 2012 by G Fitzgerald   (Sweden)

Customer Rating :  1/10

Domestic flight Casablanca - Dakhla and back. Flight times re-scheduled 1 hour later a few days before departure without any mail - or text notice. Food just terrible, small dry white bread toasts. Will not fly with them again if I can avoid it!

Royal Air Maroc customer review :  27 July 2012 by Francis Cottam   (Canada)

Customer Rating :  8/10

Flew Montreal to Tunis via Casablanca and back in April 2012 and was pleasantly surprised by the quality of all four flights. Flights arrived punctually. Service was attentive and friendly. Baggage arrived at destination safely. The stopovers in Casablanca were rather a problem, as passengers without dirham's were unable to pay for a coffee or snack. Yet, all in all, I would not rate this airlines any worse than others I have used, for example, Delta.

Royal Air Maroc customer review :  7 June 2012 by N Batchelor   (UK)

Customer Rating :  2/10

4 domestic flights recently - Most of the aircraft (ATR72) were dirty, shabby and very worn which doesn't give a good first impression. Not sure what the cabin crews role was as they did nothing other than hold up at safety card at the start of the flight, no inflight service whatsoever, not even a glass of water which would have been appreciated on the longer sectors. Leg room was poor as was the general seat comfort, having said that 1 flight was on a brand new aircraft, 4 months old, comfortable, adequate legroom, clean, very quiet and a pleasure to fly on, still no service from the crew though!

Royal Air Maroc customer review :  1 May 2012 by Maria Motto   (USA)

Customer Rating :  6/10

Our flight from JFK to Morocco was fine. We took off 2 hours late but that did not affect our connection to Marrakech. Flight home went as scheduled. Experience was not unlike many US airlines.

Royal Air Maroc customer review :  25 April 2012 by Kelly Duvalier   (USA)

Customer Rating :  3/10

I flew JFK-CMN many years ago and boarding was chaotic and disorganized. People ran to the counter in a stampede, there was pushing and shoving. I stayed in my seat in the lounge until the crowd had boarded. I couldn't understand this as all had assigned seats. Years later, boarding was much more civil and rows were called. I must add however, that the airline food was excellent despite the 6 hour delay at JFK. Given a food voucher, however still ended up paying approx 5 USD extra because the voucher was inadequate for the price of food at JFK.

Royal Air Maroc customer review :  24 April 2012 by Harold Underhill   (USA)

Customer Rating :  1/10

Little leg room, noisy compartments, no music channels working on either flights. On one of 2 flights (round trip JFK to Casablanca) 1 of 4 toilets were broken and on both flights the toilets were filthy. Attendants indifferent and most of the time could not be summoned. Meals poor (though on return flight the fish was excellent). Almost impossible to get anything to drink during flights. Sat on tarmac 3 hours in Casablanca on return to JFK.

Royal Air Maroc customer review :  11 April 2012 by Timothy Maffey   (New Zealand)

Customer Rating :  0/10

Recently flew from London to Casablanca return. The first flight was ok. The second was terrible. There was so little legroom that I had to sit with my legs splayed apart for the whole flight and the top of the seat in front was only about 4 inches from my face. On take-off the seat in front of me collapsed backwards and I ended up with that passenger in my lap. The seat in front of my wife would not stay in the upright position so that seat was reclined for the entire flight including take-off and landing. Cabin crew checked seats and seat belts 4 times before take-off but didn't once notice this. We were not given any arrival cards for Heathrow on this flight, and the food was terrible.

Royal Air Maroc customer review :  5 April 2012 by Mary Blair   (USA)

Customer Rating :  0/10

Casablanca to JFK - total lack of inflight service. My biggest concern was the drinking and rowdy crowd of 6-8 men standing and sitting in the back of coach the entire flight. After landing at JFK, while we were taxiing and waiting for a gate, they continued standing and walking about along with flight attendants. Many others were up and removing their bags from the overhead bins while we were taxiing, which lasted for over a half an hour. Flight attendants made no attempt to stop or secure anything. I had had two very small glasses of water for a 7 hour flight and nothing else to drink. They offered nothing other than coffee or tea with the snack service.

Royal Air Maroc customer review :  20 March 2012 by A Sugrim   (USA)

Customer Rating :  8/10

Flew to Casablanca from JFK return to JFK. Flight left 5 mins later than scheduled. Much better that most US flights. Plane while a little old was clean, decent meal and reasonably friendly attendants. Entertainment needs to be looked at but was a night flight so sleep was needed. Arrived 30 mins before scheduled. Return much the same. Problem was at JFK. Waited 30 mins to disembark and another 30 mins for our bags.

Royal Air Maroc customer review :  14 March 2012 by I Sharpe   (UK)

Customer Rating :  8/10

Pleasantly surprised when flying from Madrid to Casablanca. Boarded 45 minutes before scheduled-take off, seat 18A is recommended (exit row = loads of legroom) and landed 40 minutes early. Crew efficient if a little serious. Difficult to fault and beats the Iberia flight from Heathrow hands-down.

Royal Air Maroc customer review :  7 March 2012 by N Dupont   (Belgium)

Customer Rating :  0/10

BRU-CMN-BRU. Both flights had delays. Return flights were 2 hrs late. Ground crew not helpful and not able to give us information. Food onboard was very bad. Cabin crew service was neutral. I will try to avoid in the future.

Royal Air Maroc customer review :  1 March 2012 by K S Young   (USA)

Customer Rating :  1/10

JFK-CMN. Delayed 2 hours, aircraft was very old, nothing worked correctly, bathrooms not clean and the stewards did not care! If you asked for anything, they would not provide it, don't be surprised to hear things like, we are on break!. They should act on this ASAP or lose customers.

Royal Air Maroc customer review :  29 February 2012 by Sammy Payne   (USA)

Customer Rating :  2/10

Montreal to Casablanca. At check-in, I was told my second piece of carry on would cost me an additional $150. I managed to stuff everything from my backpack into the two pieces of checked luggage and my roller bag. When we boarded, passenger after passenger boarded with two pieces of luggage. I complained and was told that it was too late to do anything about it. No apologies, no empathy. Service on the flight was abysmal. You had to ask two and three times for anything and then it was provided with a surly attitude. Attendant working our section was reading a paper when the plane landed. Terrible experience, I won't travel them again!

Royal Air Maroc customer review :  27 February 2012 by S Seshan   (USA)

Customer Rating :  1/10

JFK to Casablanca. Flight delayed 2 hours. Plane and equipment obviously quite dated. My headphone connection on the seat didn't work, many connections didn't. Bathrooms were dirty, odour was horrifying, little to no soap or tissue paper. Return flight to JFK was similar, except the bathroom a bit better. On both flights, flight attendants were courteous and kind. I'd rather pay a bit more and feel comfortable on another airline.

Royal Air Maroc customer review :  24 February 2012 by Halina Smosna   (Bermuda)

Customer Rating :  0/10

Return JFK-Casablanca. Equipment is very old, food was awful, the 2 bathrooms near my seat were closed down 3 hrs into our 7.5 hr flight. Neither bathroom had soap and tissues instead of paper towels. TV screens were so old we could barely discern the figures on the screen, one movie shown the whole flight. Many seats were broken. Stewardess near me sat on a box with her head against a pillow reading a newspaper. When passengers came by for extra water she lifted her head and nodded as if to say "take the water yourself".

Royal Air Maroc customer review :  23 February 2012 by T Clode   (UK)

Customer Rating :  0/10

Economy legroom LHR-CMN return in a 737 and A321 respectively was non-existent. Once one person had reclined their seat, others were made even more uncomfortable, which cabin crew seemed oblivious to. Many trays didn't work and onboard entertainment system started during the descent to LHR. Outbound journey the cabin crew spoke French and Arabic, but English was utterly incomprehensible.

Royal Air Maroc customer review :  14 February 2012 by P Smith   (UK)

Customer Rating :  0/10

Unfortunately once again Royal Air Maroc's staff let them down. CMN to LHR - absolute chaos checking in, nothing works, baggage labels not printing, took over 1 hour just to check 1 piece of luggage in - no apology, no explanation. Upon boarding, it was noticeable that the level of cleanliness was not up to scratch. Staff spoke broken English and were all rather rude. Half way through the flight, I started to get a head-ache, switched on the attendants light and sat there in excess of 20 minutes before a very kind fellow passenger actually went up to the business class section to speak to the crew manager. The attendants replied 'We are not on duty now - we do not have to serve you anymore'!

Royal Air Maroc customer review :  9 February 2012 by Dmitry Kuzin   (Russia)

Customer Rating :  8/10

Good value for money. We flew SVO-CMN, CMN-JFK return. Cabins were in a fairly good condition, dinner was great and very tasty. In addition to hot meals there were salads, cheese, cream and oriental sweets. Flight attendants were friendly and spoke three languages. Each seat was equipped with a blanket, pillow, headphones and eye mask. The airline falls from grace with constant delays of 20-40 minutes, but despite this they often arrive on time.

Royal Air Maroc customer review :  23 January 2012 by G Bonora   (Italy)

Customer Rating :  7/10

RAK to CMN and CMN to MPX with my old sick mother. On first leg boarding my mother from the wheelchair to the ATR42 was a nightmare due to lack of elevators at the airport. But crew was professional and patient. Plane was in excellent condition. Even on a 40 minutes flight we were offered of a glass of water or cup of coffee. Second leg on an oldish 737 was no problem for boarding through jetway. Legroom was above average. Food remarkably tasty compared to the average. Crew friendly and helpful. I ask for my mother to use the business class toilet due to short distance but hostess denied, I asked the head steward who said yes and was very kind and helpful. Crew spoke good enough English. Fares are more expensive than average but flights to Europe are priced per leg so I was not forced to buy a return ticket ending up using only one way.

Royal Air Maroc customer review :  1 January 2012 by R McKenna   (USA)

Customer Rating :  1/10

Morocco to JFK. Terrible airline, from the service to the condition of the planes. Boarding was disorganized. Aircraft dirty, attendant kept scolding a woman for reclined seat during take off however seat would not go into the upright position! Restroom door did not close properly. Food was awful. Movie restarted over 3 times - 4.5 hrs to watch 1 movie, sound was awful, old monitors. Upon landing, many passengers stood to retrieve bags while the plane was still racing along the runway, attendants said nothing. When we finally arrived at the gate, the aisles were filled with passengers and their bags, so we couldn't even stand up.

Royal Air Maroc customer review :  1 January 2012 by J Gallaguar   (USA)

Customer Rating :  2/10

Washington DC to CMN. DC to JFK was smooth. JFK to CMN was poor. The overhead buttons weren't working, the sound on the old fashion screens was mute with no headphones. FA's were rude and impolite, one flight attendant got into a verbal argument with a passenger. I have to say it is getting annoying to accept this treatment.

Royal Air Maroc customer review :  7 December 2011 by Janet Ko   (USA)

Customer Rating :  3/10

We flew direct from JFK to Casablanca. This airline is definitely not up to par with other airlines. The plane is shabby, with many of the overhead lights and call buttons not functioning. The bathrooms are dirty and not maintained throughout the flight, usually no soap, and runs out of toilet paper early on. The outbound and returning flights were on time and actually arrived slightly early, and our bags arrived intact. On the return flight, there were 2 young girls travelling as unaccompanied minors seated across from me. The flight attendants did not check on them throughout the flight. In fact, when the meals were served, the flight attendant was very brusque with them when asked to choose which meal they wanted. The flight attendants did not show any extra care or compassion for these young girls travelling by themselves. Interestingly, we also took a domestic flight from Casablanca to Marrakech, and this flight was excellent! The plane was very clean and modern, and the service was decent.

Royal Air Maroc customer review :  22 November 2011 by H Sam   (USA)

Customer Rating :  4/10

JFK to CMN. Boarding started on time, but as RAM has no rhyme or reason to their boarding process we took off about 30 mins late. Slept for most of the flight, dinner was above average, breakfast was just an assortment of pastries/yoghurt. Arrived on time. CMN to JFK - again disorganized boarding. Left approx 40 mins late. Upon take off, 3 or 4 overhead bins popped open. The passengers around me kept looking for an attendant to rush to assist, since no one seemed to notice we were all scared luggage would fall on us. The attendants weren't rude, just indifferent. While the aisles filled with trash and the bathrooms became filthy during the 8 hour flights, the attendants did each others make up and played with their phones. Little to no leg room. The technology was laughable. Old TV's spaced too far apart, and the picture quality was laughable. One movie for the 8 hr flight, maybe 2 TV shows and I couldn't hear anyway since my seat didn't have audio. Overall landed 45 mins late. Below average experience.

Royal Air Maroc customer review :  17 November 2011 by John Smith   (USA)

Customer Rating :  4/10

Casablanca to Laayoune, Morocco and Casablanca to JFK. First trip was wonderful first class seating and very attentive staff. From Casablanca to JFK, however, it was a completely different story. During the 6.5 hour flight, I saw the flight attendants twice - once to drop off our lunch, once a few hours later to pick up the garbage before landing. People had been pushing the call buttons, but attendants never responded. The inflight video system was horrible and the aircraft was dirty. Conveniently, I was on an aisle seat near the galley, so I continued to get up and refresh my drink and snacks as I chose.

Royal Air Maroc customer review :  14 November 2011 by Roger Stone   (Australia)

Customer Rating :  7/10

MAD-CMN Business Class. Flight departed on time, nice service, comfortable seats and good food and wine offered. The only problem I had was in obtaining a boarding pass when transiting through Madrid from Heathrow. With the assistance of a helpful Iberia lady, I was finally able to get a (hand written) boarding pass, but only after some hours. This is a very strange arrangement as the RAM aircraft leaves from the same Terminal (4S) as I had arrived off a BA flight yet the RAM office is literally miles away.

Royal Air Maroc customer review :  13 October 2011 by Bryan Hoare   (Indonesia)

Customer Rating :  0/10

No booking availability to use a Hong Kong HSBC credit card to book a flight from Morocco to London. This airline has no desire to help their customers! They don't deserve our business. Unfortunately they hold the best flight options to travel from Morocco to the UK. If I could find another way I' do it!!

Royal Air Maroc customer review :  30 September 2011 by F Sanyang   (UK)

Customer Rating :  0/10

Late departure from Heathrow. Once in Casablanca, the boarding gate was wrong on our boarding cards and there was no one to help, the information screen was showing all other destinations except ours. When we finally found the gate after running around with our two young children at midnight, we find that the flight was going to Guinea before Gambia as our schedule said. Once in Guinea, we waited onboard for a 1.5 hrs for refuelling and cleaning. Staff are not welcoming nor helpful. Once in Gambia, 2 or our 3 suitcases were missing, and after daily trips to the Air Maroc office in Gambia and the Airport, they arrive.

1 2 3 4

| Home | Airline Opinions | Legal Notice | Airline Ranking | Airport Ranking | Advertise | Surveys | Site Map | Contact Us | Links |