Royal Air Maroc Customer Reviews and Royal Air Maroc Passenger Trip Reports

a World 3-Star Airline

a World 3-Star Airline

Read Royal Air Maroc Passenger Reviews and Royal Air Maroc customer trip Reports

1 2 3 4

Royal Air Maroc customer review :  5 May 2011 by L Joyce   (UK)

Customer Rating :  7/10

Gatwick to Marrakech return. Both flights on-time, planes were fine, food good - for economy class food it was better than some airlines I have previously flown, including Qantas and Icelandair. We had no problems with service. Our only problem was the stopover in Casablanca on the outward flight as the transit lounge facilities are very poor, insufficient seating and availability of food and drink was very limited. There are improvements being made at present but in the meantime we would avoid the route via Casablanca and book direct flights both ways. The staff were are all time polite and available. We will certainly fly again and would recommend this airline as great value for money and definitely preferable to the ghastly budget airlines that are the alternatives.

Royal Air Maroc customer review :  5 May 2011 by Ekaterina Nikolaeva   (Russia)

Customer Rating :  6/10

Madrid-Dakar (thru Casablanca) and Dakar-Casablanca. It was terribly overpriced, but our 3 flights were on time, luggage was delivered 20 minutes after landing. The flight itself was not very comfortable, and it was shaking all the time, but we were too exhausted and slept on all flights and time passed fast. Flight attendants were ok, but on each flight woke us up to offer food service!

Royal Air Maroc customer review :  3 May 2011 by H Wilson   (UK)

Customer Rating :  0/10

Dreadful experiences with this airline - the day before leaving, a person who only spoke French called and wanted to reroute us to a flight with a 6hr wait in Casablanca. The return flight was even worse - an antiquated aircraft had some technical problem, in spite of which we were boarded and unboarded 90 minutes later. We were then trapped in the duty free airport zone, no rep in sight most of the time, people at the customer service desk (no English, poor French), RAM staff treated us like dirt, arrogantly refusing to give information. Passengers had to beg for meal vouchers but the airport cafe had only stale cheese bread rolls and quickly ran out of them.

Royal Air Maroc customer review :  26 April 2011 by L Rose   (USA)

Customer Rating :  6/10

We received a phone call while in Marrikech saying the morning flight to Paris was cancelled and we were to take a later flight. Later, I was called again and told that flight was cancelled too and we would need to take a late-night flight. I called back and said we needed to be in Paris before the late flight left, what other options were there? The call disconnected. We stopped by RAM office in downtown Marrikech, took a number and waited about 10 minutes. The agent booked us for a morning flight to Paris, changing planes in Casablanca. The flight to Paris was jam-packed with more carry-on luggage, bags, etc. than I'd ever seen. This flight departed 7 April at 12:20. Somehow the crew managed order from the disorder, got bins shut, fed everyone on the flight, came round with more drinks, and worked hard. Didn't like the two cancellations of our flights or the long connecting flight, but RAM got us there.

Royal Air Maroc customer review :  25 April 2011 by Andrea Girardot   (Switzerland)

Customer Rating :  0/10

The worst airlines I have ever flown. The flight was from Geneva to marrakech with a connecting flight in Casablanca. Our flight from Geneva to Casablanca has been cancelled without any prior notice. I tried to fix the issue over the phone with RAM. The first person just hung up and the second was not helpful and informed me that all fights are fully booked and they don't have any solution to propose! After one hour of negotiation RAM proposed me other flights the same day arriving late in the night.

Royal Air Maroc customer review :  25 April 2011 by Patti Cronk   (USA)

Customer Rating :  0/10

They've changed my departure time 4 times so far, causing me to have to change connecting flights with other airlines over and over again - with the resulting change fees. Now it's going to take me 3 days to get from Casablanca to Colorado with overnight in Madrid and again in Dallas. After reading these reviews I'm pretty much terrified that I'll make the flight in and out of Casablanca at all.

Royal Air Maroc customer review :  20 April 2011 by Melissa Biggs   (UK)

Customer Rating :  0/10

London Gatwick to Agadir via Casablanca. On the journey out, we were in the queue to check-in at Gatwick for around 2 hours. This meant we had 10 minutes to get to the departure gate for boarding, meaning we could not even stop to get refreshments before our flight. When we connected in Casablanca, we boarded the plane and were left sitting on the runway in sweltering heat for over an hour, without any explanation from cabin crew. On the return flight to England, we arrived at Agadir airport at 3.50am to catch a flight to Casablanca at 6.30am, where we would connect for London Gatwick. On arrival at the airport, we realised that our flight was not on the departures board. We sat and waited for over an hour in a deserted airport with no members of staff or representatives to be seen. When finally a RAM representative did appear, he simply shrugged his shoulders and told us that the flight had been cancelled, giving us no explanation or apology for this having happened. We tried to patiently negotiate another route, but the representative was utterly nonchalant and uncaring about the inconvenience. He worked out a route for us to catch a flight at 9.30am to Casablanca, from which we could then connect at 1.40pm to London Heathrow. Although we explained that we had initially booked to go to Gatwick, again he simply shrugged and told us that this was our only option and "take it or leave it". He even went onto say that it was a difficult situation for him, as he was the one who had to listen to us. We waited for 5 and a half hours in Agadir airport to board the 9.30am flight. When we arrived in Casablanca, our connecting flight was delayed for an hour and a half, meaning we had to sit in the departure lounge listening to a imbecilic woman talking constantly on the tannoy for four hours. When we touched down in Heathrow, it was 7pm - 7 hours after we were initially supposed to arrive, and at the wrong airport. We were herded from pillar to post once off the plane; initially the gate into the aiport being 'accidentally locked' so we were all standing waiting in a small corridor, and then being asked to go back to the departure lounge to wait for further instruction regarding the promise that had been made by the representative in Agadir that we would receive transportation to our homes due to the inconvenience of arriving at the wrong airport. Initially we were told by Heathrow staff that we would only receive transport to Gatwick, but after patient negotiation, we did get a taxi to our home. Overall the journey was appalling and the staff were dismissive, unhelpful and uncaring.

Royal Air Maroc customer review :  27 March 2011 by Nils Persen   (Norway)

Customer Rating :  0/10

This is the worst airline I have ever experienced, they have changed my trip 5 times before departure (of course without telling me about it), are impossible to get in touch with and refuse get me a hotel when they leave me in the middle of nowhere when the last leg of the trip is cancelled.

Royal Air Maroc customer review :  27 March 2011 by Thomas Malvica   (Italy)

Customer Rating :  0/10

I flew RAM last December/January but I'm writing only now because I gave their customer service time to follow up on my complaint, which never eventuated. We got to Marrakech via Casablanca from Milan, but our luggage did not. It was boarded on the following day's flight (because the cargo was full). This meant waiting in line until midnight to fill out a lost luggage form with the airport authorities. No receipt/copy could be produced as the photocopier was outside the Marrakech airport terminal. This also meant I would have no proof of the incident. They gave us the wrong number to call and it was only thanks to our kind hotel manager that we were able to go back to the airport (paying our own fare) to retrieve our luggage. This some 16 hours after our plane had landed (did I forget to mention we had left Milan 3.5 hours late with no refreshments provided). When I got back to Milan I was instructed by the RAM office in Milan to send a fax (in the era of email correspondence) to their customer care office in Prague (RAM does not even fly to the Czech Republic). Which I did on January 19. After countless follow-up emails, nothing. I strongly suggest they do away with the 'Royal'.

Royal Air Maroc customer review :  22 March 2011 by Hassan Jaouad   (USA)

Customer Rating :  3/10

I lived abroad for 17 years and always used the Moroccan air lines to travel. But I finally decided not to use RAM anymore - bad service, horrible staff, expensive fares.

Royal Air Maroc customer review :  20 March 2011 by P Strettle   (UK)

Customer Rating :  0/10

Marrakech-London. Cancelled, but only after 3 hours waiting around and zero information. Ground staff for Air Maroc incompetent and in some cases rude. Onboard the flight, a very tatty B737, food was rather poor. What was disgraceful was the complete disregard to safety standards by cabin crew. I thought the earlier reviews I had read were exaggerating, but now know how awful this airline really is. Easyjet next time for me.

Royal Air Maroc customer review :  19 March 2011 by Derek Chilvers   (USA)

Customer Rating :  8/10

CMN-LHR Business Class. Check-in no wait, and pre-assigned seat. Spacious lounge. A321 with very slighted faded appearance. Three rows of 2x2 comfortable seats, but somewhat limited pitch. Newspapers, magazines and champagne after boarding. Drinks and dinner inflight. Cheerful and efficient service. Announcements in Arabic, French and English.

Royal Air Maroc customer review :  16 March 2011 by J Lawrence   (UK)

Customer Rating :  0/10

We arrived at Gatwick to find the plane supposedly cancelled - apparently nothing new for the Air Maroc flight to Marrakech to be cancelled - what is really meant was that there was to be a 2 hour delay. The service on the flight was extremely poor - my row did not get any food and when we requested it from the air stewards, it eventually came with no apology. I waited 30 minutes for a glass of water to take a tablet. The way back to Heathrow was no better. We got to check in very early so we were not sat at the back of the plane - but when we were given our tickets we were at the back on the both our planes (Marrakech to Casablanca, Casablanca to Heathrow) - in fact on the first flight we had seats on row 36 despite the plane being a 737-700 with about 26 seats. When we requested to be moved further forward we were told that row 38 on the second plane was at the front of the plane and that the seating configuration was reversed on this plane. After two attempts to request new seats (taking a total of over 30 minutes) we managed to get moved half way up the plane. We were amazed at the rudeness of staff on check in when we requested a seat change. When we got on the plane both planes were only about 50% full!

Royal Air Maroc customer review :  15 March 2011 by C Bassett   (UK)

Customer Rating :  0/10

Dreadful service and communication from this airline. Returning from Marrakesh to Heathrow on with four children we, along with 20 other passengers, were held for 24 hours in transit at Casablanca. Apparently the airline had double booked the seats. However, all our luggage flew with the original plane. No food or hotel was offered. No manager was available. Passengers were completely abandoned.

Royal Air Maroc customer review :  3 March 2011 by L Price   (UK)

Customer Rating :  0/10

Terrible service, do not fly with this airline. We were delayed for more than 7 hours in Marrakech and were told that there was no plane to take us by some staff and no pilot to fly it by other staff. We were never told why by the Royal Air Maroc staff although we asked repeatedly. UK systems showed our flight as having departed when we were still in the airport to those waiting for us. A further delay of 10 hours was threatened and only narrowly avoided by persistent negotiation with airline staff. The airline did provide food, but tried everything they could to avoid it, adding a huge amount to the stress. I was abandoned at 3:30am in Gatwick with no way of continuing my onward journey and nowhere to stay. Gatwick information were told by a Royal Air Maroc represeentative at 4 am that passengers should make their own way home. When we landed we were told they hoped we had enjoyed our flight!

Royal Air Maroc customer review :  9 February 2011 by N Ruiz   (UK)

Customer Rating :  0/10

Terrible. Worst experience ever. They are not to blame for the weather induced delays, but they are to blame for the lack of communication with passengers and the uncooperative disposition of their staff. Due to comment restrictions I cannot elaborate on some of the problems I encountered. But, this I can say they forgot to put my name in the passenger name list for the return flight and I had to buy another ticket with another airline. Never fly with this airline!

Royal Air Maroc customer review :  5 February 2011 by Jeremy Kean   (UK)

Customer Rating :  1/10

LGW to Marrakech. Flight delayed 3 hours, no information given, and no sign of any staff on hand to assist. Once airborne on an old and uncomfortable 737 things didn't improve. Grumpy staff and appalling food. Return flight on time but still an awful aircraft. Only 40 passengers but it took 90 mins to serve a cup of coffee, the reason being that half the flight attendants had stretched out over 3 seats each at the back and gone to sleep! Not encouraging if there had been an emergency.

Royal Air Maroc customer review :  18 January 2011 by R Simmons   (UK)

Customer Rating :  2/10

Seems we were lucky to get to Marrakech from Gatwick on our booked flight with our luggage. On the way back, flight changed to call in at Casablanca. Wrong check in queue on departure board. Check in 2 hr early still left luggage in Marrakech when we got to Edinburgh with BA from Heathrow 15 hours later. It arrived at our home 2 days later. Seat legroom awful. Poor safety checking of seat belts etc on passengers. No decaf coffee or green tea and no politeness when told so. Very poor information to passengers when delayed in Casablanca for 2 hours for "air conditioning check" and "luggage does not match passengers". Very late lunch, had to use own reserve food. Assured we would get connecting flight even half an hour before arrival; but taking 40 min to get to standstill after delayed estimated landing time resulted in a disordered mutiny of passengers trying to get off and panicky staff. Missed connecting flight; no guidance as to how to reorganise for being 2.25 hours late. Don't use them.

1 2 3 4

| Home | Airline Opinions | Legal Notice | Airline Ranking | Airport Ranking | Advertise | Surveys | Site Map | Contact Us | Links |