Royal Air Maroc Customer Reviews and Royal Air Maroc Passenger Trip Reports

a World 3-Star Airline

a World 3-Star Airline

Read Royal Air Maroc Passenger Reviews and Royal Air Maroc customer trip Reports

1 2 3 4

Royal Air Maroc customer review :  27 September 2011 by S Mernissi   (UK)

Customer Rating :  1/10

As long as this airline continues to have a monopoly over all travel to North Morocco, it will continue to be poor with little incentive to improve its punctuality, prices and customer service. The airline is extremely unreliable in my experience. Connecting flights are a bad idea, on all 3 occasions that I have travelled to North Morocco (Tangier) on a connecting flight, my experience has been negative. Most recently my flight from London to Casablanca was delayed 50 mins and so I missed the connecting flight (which allowed a 1.5 hr stop over) and was left at Casablanca airport from 11pm until 4am without food, refreshments, accommodation or a customer service representative to assist or provide answers/information.

Royal Air Maroc customer review :  21 September 2011 by M Geesteranus   (St Maarten)

Customer Rating :  0/10

I had booked a flight from Casablanca to Amsterdam together with some 50 or 60 other people. Already during check-in a delay started, without explanation or information. Staff behind the desk disappeared, came back but the line waiting for check-in did not shrink. Impatient travelers roamed around the hall and came back with different information. RAM staff did nothing until noon when some vouchers for a lunch were distributed. It appeared around that time the flight was cancelled and that another plane might take us. We had been waiting for hours without any form of information. At 18.30 we were ordered to get onto a bus which took us to the delayed plane. First class had been transformed into second class, room for your legs had been halved, obviously to store more people aboard and most of them considerably smaller that I am. With a stopover in Al Hoceima we finally landed at 3.30 in the morning (local time) at Schiphol so that I had some 4 hours before my next flight to the Caribbean. My luggage arrived 5 days later.

Royal Air Maroc customer review :  18 September 2011 by I Shihabi   (Saudi Arabia)

Customer Rating :  0/10

Montreal-Casablanca. Scheduled 19.25, checked in 16.55. Boarding pass stated boarding 19.00 not a word by check-in staff about any delays although it was already known to them. Arrived at gate 18.30, no one from airline showed up. Monitors showed original departure time well past 19.30. No airport staff inside the departure hall had any answers and no RAM staff were available until 20.10 when the first new departure time update appeared on the monitors. Flight was delayed until 22.15 and no RAM rep bothered to show up at the gate to inform passengers. Finally station manager turned up 20.45 to say that we all should have received food vouchers at check-in but of course he just had to say something. Plane finally left 23.15 and it was clear they skipped bathroom cleaning during the short ground time that the toilets smelt before the first use.

Royal Air Maroc customer review :  16 September 2011 by S Ward   (UK)

Customer Rating :  2/10

We had no problems in terms of flight times or delays. Flight attendants were quite nonchalant and not particularly friendly. The most worrying thing was the state of the aircraft.. Not only was it shabby inside and out there was a huge crack across the emergency exit door and rust all over the wing. Overall I would say a very shabby airline and poor customer service.

Royal Air Maroc customer review :  6 September 2011 by G Waterman   (USA)

Customer Rating :  0/10

Cancelled our original flight to Morocco from JFK due to weather, then they failed to notify of the rescheduled time. Because they had failed to notify so many passengers, the rescheduled flight was delayed, causing us to miss our connection in Casablanca. After having to spend a night in Casablanca, we arrived in Marrakech 40 mins late only to discover our bags had been lost. On our return, arriving at the airport in Marrakech we went to check-in only to find our flight home was oversold, after seeing 3 different agents, they finally issued our boarding passes. We thought things were finally running smoothly until we arrived in New York and discovered once again they had lost our bags. The delays and baggage issues were exacerbated by terrible customer service.

Royal Air Maroc customer review :  14 August 2011 by Claire Shankland   (UK)

Customer Rating :  1/10

We received an email 4 days before we were due to fly cancelling both the outward and return flight. The plane was old and dirty. The staff surly and not interested in serving you. The toilet smelt and they closed the front part of the plane off and told passengers to use the one at the back. Some people complained and ignored this rule.

Royal Air Maroc customer review :  10 August 2011 by L Ahmed   (USA)

Customer Rating :  10/10

JFK to CMN. Good quality food, friendly staff and a smooth flight. Plenty of movies, magazines/newspapers provided.

Royal Air Maroc customer review :  8 August 2011 by A Conway   (Morocco)

Customer Rating :  0/10

Awful airline and only getting worse. Due to budget cuts, flights are often cancelled at the last minute and passengers are rerouted from direct flights to itineraries that consist of up to 3 extra flights. The airline will list several flights available but then combine all the passengers for that day on one flight. This makes travel with RAM impossible if you have a connection with a different airline. While travelling to Paris, my husband and I had made separate reservations. For some reason, he was told on a Monday that his Saturday flight had been cancelled. I was not alerted until Thursday that the same flight had been cancelled. My mother recently flew from JFK to Casablanca. It took her friend 2 hours after landing to receive her baggage. My mother's baggage was left behind in NY. We were told to call back the next day when the suitcase should have arrived on a flight coming in at 8am. The next day I called three times hours after the flight had arrived, and was told that they could not confirm that the suitcase had come in. One customer service woman refused to let me speak to her supervisor and hung up on me! We ended up paying a 50$ taxi fare to go to the airport and were told to look for the suitcase ourselves by two employees who were sitting and gossiping and playing with their cell phones. Finally, we found an employee in a back office who was willing to do his job. He went to another part of the airport and returned with the suitcase. The suitcase had a huge yellow tag on it that said "RUSH" and yet it was 8 hours after it had arrived and no one could confirm it was in Casablance. In short, avoid this airline like the plague!

Royal Air Maroc customer review :  3 August 2011 by D Driscoll   (UK)

Customer Rating :  8/10

I cannot recognise the airline that I have used for 20 yrs from some of the comments made. I usually fly Economy LHR to CMN, but as I have had a problem with my legs recently, I have switched to Business class. In both classes, RAM has been totally satisfactory. I have never had a flight cancelled or changed before the day of departure, I have only once had a more-than 3 hr delay and in this case, cans of drinks were immediately provided and 40 mins later all passengers were taken to a restaurant in the airport. Cabin staff, with the odd exception are friendly and helpful, especially when they realise I speak some Arabic. The air miles programme is extremely generous. The planes are modern and clean. Even the older planes which I occasionally take on internal flights are satisfactory. One time my baggage went on to Marrakech and was not offloaded at Casa. It arrived back at Casa at 7am the next morning and I was given 300 dirhams compensation for the taxi to and from the airport. This was several years ago and I imagine the compensation will have increased to cater for higher taxi fares.

Royal Air Maroc customer review :  3 August 2011 by A Kazi   (Saudi Arabia)

Customer Rating :  0/10

Lisbon airport for our return flight home to Riyadh via Casablanca, but there was no flight, and no Air Maroc staff to assist us. When I got hold of their Portugal office, there was no answer. I called their number in Morocco, and was told that the Lisbon-Casablanca flight had been cancelled and they had been unable to reach me. They offered no solution other than a flight 8 days later, else I should send a complaint to their email address. At the peak of summer travel season I was forced to purchase new tickets for my family on other airlines to get home. The initial journey from Riyadh to Madrid via Casablanca didn't go smoothly either - they got our luggage to us 5 days late.

Royal Air Maroc customer review :  22 July 2011 by C Grant   (France)

Customer Rating :  0/10

I have flown Royal Air Maroc many times to W.Africa over the last 6 or 7 yrs and the company is getting worse. I flew BCN-CMN-DKR return, the return trip was appalling. Both legs DKR-CMN and CMN-BCN, the crew were surly, rude and incompetent. The 2 767 aircraft they have are old and the crew made no effort at all. The emergency procedures were done so that people sitting near the door weren't able to observe, contrary to international law because they told me there were only 4 crew for this flight. Due to the consistent downfall of this airline I will not be using them again for W.African routes.

Royal Air Maroc customer review :  12 July 2011 by E Loks   (Norway)

Customer Rating :  0/10

Experience with flying Royal Air Maroc from Frankfurt via Casablanca-Marrakech can be summarized as: Old and dirty airplane, +5 hrs delay in Casablanca without any explanation from ground crew, no service from staff, several people in same flight did not get luggage until several days later.

Royal Air Maroc customer review :  6 July 2011 by Adil Berdai   (UK)

Customer Rating :  10/10

I have flown with Royal Air Maroc many times, it's a very good airline and it has a reputation I can't seem to find when I'm on-board their aircrafts. Staff are very good and great with customer service. I was flying from London-Tangier and one man decided to smoke in the toilets, the staff took this as a serious problem and treated him fairly and when we landed in Tangier he was arrested, it's good to see action taken. They served lunch which I always love, I had the chicken with rice and potatoes, very tasty. Royal Air Maroc is a standard airline with great seats and very friendly staff, their English is superb so no communication problems will occur on-board. It was very clean, I called a member of staff 6 times during the 3 hr flight, she was very happy serving me all the time.

Royal Air Maroc customer review :  4 July 2011 by Hugo Stekelenburg   (Morocco)

Customer Rating :  6/10

CMN-AMS. I have flown Air Maroc multiple times and when everything goes fine, they offer quite good value for money: food served on European routes, plus wine and beer, and a generous baggage allowance for several European and African destinations:30 kg. And their loyalty program is good too. But when there is a disturbance, nobody ever takes responsibility for anything and that is infuriating. I've seen terrible scenes on board which are beyond a Hollywood movie. Although I'm sometimes disappointed, I will usually fly them again.

Royal Air Maroc customer review :  4 July 2011 by Peter Nakhili   (USA)

Customer Rating :  7/10

I flew with Royal Air Maroc to Morocco. I bought a package that made me take a Delta Connections flight from Boston's Logan-New York's JFK. The Delta flight was bumpy! Once at JFK, I made my way over to the terminal. I had to wait 8 hrs for the plane to show up. I knew this ahead of time, the Delta flight was a morning flight and the Royal Air Maroc flight was at 6:32 PM. Once it was time to board, the line was ridiculous. Once on board, the Boeing 767, I sat down and the seats were comfortable and reclined reasonably far. About 1hr into the flight, they served dinner. There was a menu and all the meals were hot. If you're ever on thus flight get the chicken. The flight was very smooth, the cabin crew was very nice and also served breakfast. The landing was excellent, very smooth. The 8 hr wait wasn't too bad.

Royal Air Maroc customer review :  30 June 2011 by C Ryan   (UK)

Customer Rating :  1/10

Not impressed at all. I flew from London Heathrow-Casablanca which was bearable, although the staff were very rude and aggressive - they obviously have no customer service skills. I would probably lose my job if I spoke to customers the way this airline's staff do. The return journey was a shambles - the original flight from Marrakech- Casablanca was cancelled and no explanation given so I was put on another flight at a later time which meant I made the connection from Casablanca-Heathrow with mins to spare. Again the staff were rude, patronising and arrogant, the food was unidentifiable and no apologies were given in respect of the cancelled flight, added stress and subsequently lost baggage (which I am still waiting for).

Royal Air Maroc customer review :  20 June 2011 by S Amin   (UK)

Customer Rating :  0/10

Please do not book with this airline if you want to save yourself the stress, anger, frustration and rudeness that we experienced. We booked a return flight from LHR-AGA. Our outbound flight was delayed by 4 hrs so we missed our connecting flight from CMN-AGA. It took more than 14 hrs, it should have been less than 8 hrs. Our flight home was horrendous. We managed to get a flight from AGA-CMN but as we hurried to get our flight to LHR, we were refused boarding even though we had valid boarding passes and tickets. The rude check-in staff told us that there was a problem with our tickets and to speak to our booking agent. It turns out our tickets were cancelled without our permission. We were stranded at the boarding gate. The only reason I could think of was that the airline had double booked their seats because there was a large crowd of passengers before us and 2 more passengers also had their tickets cancelled and were in the same situation as us. The check-in assistant did not help us and sent us from pillar to post asking us to speak to the customer team downstairs when our flight was about to depart. We enquired about getting our luggage back and we were told that it was being offloaded. However, our luggage was not offloaded and it flew to LHR. We were told that the next plane to LHR would be in 24 hours. We protested (with 2 other passengers), eventually a person at the airport gave us tickets to LGW (not LHR), which would be a 10 hr trip on 2 planes going via Tunisia. We were not given any food or drink for the inconvenience caused. We arrived at LGW at 1am in the morning without our luggage. We should have been in LHR by 6pm. We had to pay a mighty fare to get from LGW to home, we didn't get our luggage for another 3 days. Overall, a nightmare of a journey we wrote to them 3 times demanding an explanation for this unacceptable journey. They have not replied.

Royal Air Maroc customer review :  7 June 2011 by E Keita   (USA)

Customer Rating :  1/10

My experience with RAM has been you get less than what you pay for. We were flying NYC to Guinea via Casablanca, in NYC it took 2 hours to check us in, because the counter person did not know the country code for Guinea and then he lost all the information, and then there were issues with not believing a passports validity etc. We were travelling with an infant who was on our lap, you must pay to have the infant on your lap which is fine. Except in NYC they booked our daughter on a different flight than us out of Casablanca. We did not notice this until we got to Casablanca. They refused to give my daughter a boarding pass to get on the plane! Saying she had to wait in Casablanca for two more days, because that is when her ticket is for - she is 17 months old! We finally managed to find someone with a brain who said to check her in she is an infant - and then the plane was only half full so I really don't understand the problem there! The flight attendants were beyond rude, they served drinks only once during an 8 hour flight, when I asked for some water for my daughter's cup they would only fill it 25% full - so I had to keep getting up and going to the galley to pour my own drinks. The bathrooms stank, the plane was falling apart.

Royal Air Maroc customer review :  5 June 2011 by R Arenas   (Spain)

Customer Rating :  1/10

Roundtrip BCN to Tangiers. It's a different world on RAM. Passengers move around during take- off and landing. Women seated together in groups with the kids and the men sit together up front. No respect for personal space, poor service despite large cabin crew.

Royal Air Maroc customer review :  4 June 2011 by J Roberts   (USA)

Customer Rating :  0/10

JFK to Casablanca delayed 9 hours with no communication from ground crew. RAM employees rounded up the passengers into a "holding area" then disappeared for 9 hours. No food, no water, no pillows or blankets, and no apologies. The flight was just as bad - rude and arrogant staff. I don't know how they manage to stay in business. I guess it should have been a huge red flag when I called to book the flight - no answer, not even an answering machine, just rang until I hung up. Had to call between 10 and 3 to book I was later told. Avoid this airline like the plague.

Royal Air Maroc customer review :  18 May 2011 by C Fisher   (Canada)

Customer Rating :  8/10

Montreal to Casablanca to Marrakech return. Meals excellent, inflight service excellent - staff extremely helpful to families travelling with children.

Royal Air Maroc customer review :  12 May 2011 by J Adair   (Ireland)

Customer Rating :  0/10

Booked a return London Gatwick-Casablanca - on the day of departure a text informed us that the return flight was cancelled and we would be put on a later flight to a different airport. We had additional costs of hotel, meals and transfer to our original departure airport and had to cut our holiday short. No apology made and still negotiating with them regarding payment for the taxi to the original airport. Complete lack of customer care - the representatives appear to deliberately absent themselves so that they do not have to deal with queries and shoulder shrugging seems to be their preferred response. They are really hopeless and should be ashamed of their customer rating.

1 2 3 4

| Home | Airline Opinions | Legal Notice | Airline Ranking | Airport Ranking | Advertise | Surveys | Site Map | Contact Us | Links |