Tigerair Mandala Passenger Reviews and Tigerair Mandala Customer Trip Reports

Add your Tigerair Mandala Review

Tigerair Mandala detailed 3-Star Ranking

Customer Review scoring : Mandala Airlines
6.8 out of 10  6.8 out of 10

Tigerair Mandala Customer review :  11 July 2013 by Paul Cheong    (USA)

I booked my two tickets for 30 June 2013 flying from Jakarta to Pekanbaru. On the flight confirmation page, I found that the Mandala sneaked in a so called "board me first" for a total of USD8. On the day of boarding, the airline personnel at the gate just announced that the plane was ready to board and as usual all passengers rushed to the gate door. What is the point of paying USD8 for the "board me first". All passengers were onboard for the 1.15pm departure time. We waited for 15 minutes and the plane door was still not closed. Then the attendant wanted all passengers to leave the plane because they had a mis-count. We had to walk down to the pavement and to the airport building. Waited for another half-hour before boarding again. Waited on the plane for an hour then there was an announcement that 2 missing passengers were found and are boarding. Only got a "Sorry, due to operational problems". All food and drinks on the plane were sold and charged. They did not even offer a drink of water to compensate passengers for the inconvenience. My connection flight at the next destination was lost.

Tigerair Mandala Customer review :  20 June 2013 by Fauzi Goernida    (Indonesia)

Overall, the trip was very good. The cabin crew were friendly, the food was good and the plane condition is excellent cause it's new plane. Trip: CGK-BKK.

Mandala Airlines customer review :  8 June 2012 by Riazy Aulia Ramadhan Harahap (Indonesia)

Flying under the new Mandala with Tiger airways accent on MES-CGK and CGK-MES fares almost half of competitors with 0kg baggage allowance. Both flights left on-time, early morning departure from Jakarta (4.30 am). Brand new A320 aircraft with Tiger airways paint scheme on the tail. Ground staff very helpful and FA's are very attentive, cheerful and nice. Buy on Board items are extremely limited, in fact there were only some overpriced snacks.

Mandala Airlines customer review :  19 August 2010 by Michael Scurfield (Indonesia)

Mandala from Semerang to Jakarta, the plane was old, but ok. My problem was on the way back. I was in Shanghai visiting the world EXPO and tried to book a ticket online. I kept getting an error when I tried to book with my mastercard, then I noticed that my mastercard had to be registered in Indonesia. I couldn't clear the error or move on to cancel once I noticed that my mastercard would not be accepted (it's Australian) So I booked online through Lion, nearly half the price, and no problem, and the plane was newer. I later thought I would just check to see if Mandala had cashed the money, they had on the day I booked, obviously no problem getting the money out of my account. I have written to them twice, and they have not replied or re-credited the money to my account.

Mandala Airlines customer review : 9 August 2010 by Peter Kleinberg

Customer Rating : 1/5

1 Star Rating

Flight PKU-CGK canceled without any notification. Airline office in PKU closed. Nobody knows anything at the airport why flight got canceled. Had to buy ticket to CGK at Garuda and was lucky to get the only spare seat available. Now asking Mandala to get the refund for the canceled flight. Wish me good luck. I do not think I will fly Mandala again.

Mandala Airlines customer review : 24 July 2009 by A Nugroho

Customer Rating : 3/5

3 Star Rating

SUB-BTH-SUB. A320, clean, tidy and well trained FAs, although slightly lower quality compared to Garuda Indonesia.

MANDALA AIRLINES review : 11 May 2009 : by M Taylor

4 Star Rating

DPS-JOG, very impressed with airline. Ontime departure, new plane and FA's professional. Noticed security and safety seemed to be a priority. Strict with carry on bags as well. As other reviewer stated all food and drinks were for purchase. Tickets not easy to purchase with international credit card, however you can go to Indonesian travel agent and purchase with pay pal and have e-ticket issued.

MANDALA AIRLINES review : 26 March 2009 : by K Manoppo

Customer Rating : 5/5

5 Star Rating

CGK-DPS A320. The aircraft was clean, and bright. No complimentary foods and drinks, all are for purchase. The price was very reasonable, in fact, I got the best deal if compared to other airlines. Overall, I was very satisfied fly.

MANDALA AIRLINES review : 27 October 2008 : by Cathy Buster

4 Star Rating

JOG-CGK. Comparable price to Air Asia. We left on time and we were happy. Plane newer versus Air Asia. Seats assigned (unlike other budget air) and luggage allowance included in plane fare. Downside - Customer service hotline has 2 lines but only 1 is working. Last minute booking cannot be done via credit card either - need to rush off to their office to do a transaction. Worse, office only opens half day during Saturdays - not even sure if it's open on Sundays.

MANDALA AIRLINES review : 2 September 2008 : by Tapani Utunen

4 Star Rating

Denpasar-Yogyakarta-Denpasar. Booked one week ahead and got a good rate. DPS-JOG early morning, new Airbus A319, take-off and landing ahead of schedule, full cabin and service good by a smart cabin crew. Return flight JOG-DPS late in the evening with 1 hr delay, full cabin again and the cabin crew great disappointment this time: giggling and laughing teens that clearly lacked professionalism. All in all very good value plus reasonable prices for food & drinks with a brand new A319 on this sector, but some members of the cabin crew need more training to become professional. Didnīt feel safe to fly with giggling teens who easily tarnish the promising image of the New Mandala.

Mandala Airlines by R Chao

15 February 2008  Customer Trip Rating : n/a

Initially booked CGK-JOG-DPS-CGK. Arrived at CGK for CGK-JOG sector. Surprised by the flight dep time was changed 30mins earlier than what it is in my printout (which was printed by Mandala office). Luckily I arrived the airport early. However, the flight left late 1 hour. Food for purchase on-board. Second leg - JOG-DPS: arrive JOG airport and got another bigger surprise. The 1:35PM flight to Bali was rescheduled to 8PM. Upon request to the Mandala staff saying that we need to connect an inter-island flight in Bali. One staff arranged a Garuda flight leaving 230PM. The final leg - DPS-CGK: Called Mandala office in Bali to make sure the flight schedule is as scheduled. Indeed it was changed 30 mins earlier than originally scheduled. And asked about any delay knowing Jakarta was under water. Answer was NO. So I arrived at the airport on time. Check-in staff informed that it'll be delayed due to flood in Jakarta. Flight came late from Jakarta 3 hours late. Gate staff provided boxed lunch. That was a nice touch. We finally depart 4 hours later than scheduled. Mandala planes are brand new A319 and A320 and seats are comfortable. FAs are friendly. Lesson learned flying with Mandala - schedule is not reliable. Recommend to call and check before the flight. Other than that, Mandala is fine. It's Indonesian airline after all and do not try to make connection. Then you will be fine.

Mandala Airlines by David Allan

11 December 2006  Customer Trip Rating : n/a

CGK-DPS via SUB - positively ancient 737-200 which looked like nothing had been refitted/refurbished since its manufacture in the 1970s - certainly not the seats (mine was held together with brown tape); the bulkheads (badly worn/stained); the carpet (ditto) or the overhead lockers - which were ridiculously small (I've seen bigger glove compartments in cars), meaning most people's cabin baggage could not fit and had to be offloaded/stowed in the hold by the ground staff airside. They also had ripped flimsy PVC fabric as their 'top', exposing various wires and pipes - hardly reassuring. Cabin was also very smelly - kind of acrid/mildewy damp smell. Was glad to reach DPS in one piece, but would never fly them again.

Mandala Airlines by Yoga W Pramono

12 February 2005  Customer Trip Rating : n/a

Mandala Airline from Padang to Jakarta. We surprised that in flight service was fantastic. The foods was tasteful and lot (we got fried rice, nugget, fruit, candy, hot tea and orange juice). The cabin and toilet was clean. FA was professional do care, polite, beautiful and always smile. The flight was on time. Pilot do professional. On ground service was very efficient. We got a lot of service compare to cheap fare (about IDR 350,000 or USD 38) on one and half hour flight.

Đ 1999-2013  Copyright Skytrax