PAGE loading ... please wait!

Malev Hungarian Airlines Passenger Reviews and Malev Customer Trip Reports

1 2 3

MALEV HUNGARIAN AIRLINES customer review :  2 September  2010 by E Schrijver   (Netherlands)

AMS-BUD-SPL and return for just 150 Euro, which was a very good deal for a trip in the midst of summer. Malev is very generous with luggage compared to other airlines. Food is good and two drink rounds are made. Staff very professional and smiling. Although all flights were delayed because of security checks we made all of the connections and even luggage made it to the final destination. From Split they did not give us direct tickets to Amsterdam so we had to issue them upon arrival in Budapest.

MALEV HUNGARIAN AIRLINES customer review :  9 August  2010 by J Mitchell   (Netherlands)

AMS-BUD and BUD-IST. Wouldn't have necessarily have selected Malev but had to fly with them because using FFpoints and this was the available airline on this route. Comfort and service fine for two short flights. Would fly Malev again but perhaps only for shorter flights.

MALEV HUNGARIAN AIRLINES customer review :  4 August  2010 by Franco Guazzi   (Netherlands)

AMS-BUD-AMS. Planes clean and cabin staff was polite. Very good legroom and sandwich together with a drink was of good quality. Only negative side were the delays, 2 hours on the AMS-BUD flight and 30 minutes on the BUD-AMS flight.

MALEV HUNGARIAN AIRLINES customer review :  1 August  2010 by J Thomas   (Canada)

KBP-BUD-LED and SVO-BUD-KBP using AAdvantage points. We had no problems with check-in, and the lounges, most of them were third party, were fine. A cold meal was served on outbound segments, and hot meals on the return. Seats comfortable, but my wife and I found that the legroom was restrictive in the Business bulkhead -; even more so than usual. The biggest thing that I can say about our experience on Malev is that even though they may be limited in the service they provide (no in-flight entertainment, no power outlets, limited food on some flights), they tried to please us with the resources that they had available, which is different from most North American airlines. All in all, our first experience on Malev was very good, and would recommend this airline.

MALEV HUNGARIAN AIRLINES customer review :  9 July  2010 by Vladimir Jovanovic   (Serbia)

Belgrade-Beirut-Belgrade. Promo fare of EUR 199, taxes included. There was no chepaer option for this flight, so for this price I cannot complain much. If I had to pay the full price, I would be very disappointed. Crew not that very kind, for 3 hour flight Budapest-Beirut only a small sandwich, other airlines that offer flights to Beirut via their hubs have much better catering (Turkish Airlines, Czech Airlines, for the same price, out of promo period). Generally I will fly Malev again, only for promo fare.

MALEV HUNGARIAN AIRLINES customer review :  5 July  2010 by K Benson   (USA)

I booked a flight from Budapest to Sofia. I arrived at the airport an hour in advance to check in. There was significant delay while the gate agent talked in Hungarian to his colleague. Next he asked me if I had a Malev Frequent flyer number. When I said no I was told, "We cannot let you onto this flight. Please go to the ticketing office." At the ticket office there were two agents working, and each person they assisted took around 30 minutes. I thought I would miss my flight. It turns out this did not matter because the flight had been oversold, and I was there to get a new arrangement. After waiting 1 hour in their ticketing office (there were only two people in front of me, so this was ridiculous), I was offered an alternative to my 1 pm flight (which had left) - an 11 pm flight. Since this would not work for my meeting schedule I was then put on a flight to Prague and then another flight from Prague to Sofia. At no time was there an apology or any acknowledgement of the inconvenience from being bumped or for the long wait in their hot ticket office. Evidently, since I was being compensated 250 EU, there was no apology necessary. I was put on a Czech Airlines flight, and booked into an exit row which meant that I could not even use the time well. The Czech airlines flight attendants are quite militant about clutter in the exit row and even made the woman sitting next to me put her purse (her money, her ID) in an overhead compartment.

MALEV HUNGARIAN AIRLINES customer review :  2 July  2010 by Tom Rohwer   (Germany)

I made several trips from Hamburg via Budapest to Skopje, Pristina, Tirana and Belgrade. Fares are comparatively cheap. Service is average but ok, seat pitch in economy class is 32", one inch more than most airlines provide. A valuable advantage even on short and medium haul flights, Budapest Ferihegy is neat and convenient for transit but does not offer many shops or restaurants.

MALEV HUNGARIAN AIRLINES customer review :  1 July  2010 by R Kalmar   (UK)

LGW-BUD-LGW. Both flights were delayed and no explanation given - food is a boring sandwich but great bar service. Crew friendly enough but a bit old. Check in fast but security are rude and unfriendly. Budapest airport is a building site and very expensive.

MALEV HUNGARIAN AIRLINES customer review :  29 May  2010 by Nigel Stacey   (UK)

London Gatwick to Budapest. Legroom great, and cabin crew very helpful. There was a complimentary snack with a hot and a cold drink provided on the flight.

MALEV HUNGARIAN AIRLINES customer review :  4 May  2010 by R Hunter   (UK)

Budapest to London Gatwick. Good flight, on time departure and professional staff.

1 2 3