Lufthansa Customer Reviews and Deutsche Lufthansa Passenger Trip Reports

Lufthansa Customer review :  17 March 2014 by Marlies Leist    (Germany)

Rating 5/10

LH 429, CLT-MUC. Everybody was very friendly, the only thing I did not like: I had a reservation for 2 seats (window/aisle) since last June. The day we took our flights (March 11th) we learned that our seats did not exist anymore and that we had new seats in the middle of a row of four! As we protested we got two new seats in the back of the airplane, at least two seats on the aisle. Why did nobody tell us as soon as the reserved seats were not available anymore? I think Lufthansa should not treat customers like that.

Lufthansa Customer review :  13 March 2014 by Michael Kasberg    (Germany)

Rating 9/10

FRA-BKK v.v. First fully booked on both flights, so the service was a bit slow. A340-600 with old seats, but comfortable enough for a good sleep. F&B excellent with caviar service and outstanding wines. IFE with not many options, small TV screen. Two FA's, very friendly but for 8 pax LH should deploy more staff. All flights on time, overall good value for money. But I found out shortly that LH will not offer F to BKK any longer from summer onwards.

Lufthansa Customer review :  11 March 2014 by M Tushishvili    (France)

Rating 10/10

The flight from Paris to Tbilisi via Munich. Both flights were just excellent. Very efficient check-in and boarding in Paris. Both aircraft's were very clean with informative updates from the pilot. Seats are actually very comfortable in comparison with low cost airlines. Paris-Tbilisi route offers excellent hot food (I had very tasty chicken) as well as the full bar service. One important fact which is important to highlight. I had short connection (45 minutes) in Munich and the plane departed half hour late from Paris. I thought that I would miss the plane to Tbilisi and the big surprise was that the ground staff was waiting for me and transferred from the plane to plane. This is excellent service and deep appreciation to Munich airport and Lufthansa ground staff!

Lufthansa Customer review :  11 March 2014 by Jon Pirtle    (USA)

Rating 10/10

Departure from Charlotte to MUC-VIE: 10 Dec 2013 on LH 428. Return from Vienna to Charlotte via MUC: 6 March 2014 on LH 429. I travel regularly between the USA and Europe and I choose Lufthansa every time if it is available. The airline is reliable and consistent. Their staff, both on-board and on the ground, are considerate and helpful.

Lufthansa Customer review :  11 March 2014 by Martin Zitz    (Germany)

Rating 9/10

Feb 23, LH412. Feb 28, LH429. Generally good service, good planes, well operated - Miles & More starts to become an issue. No general rewards, hard to achieve status, service drastically declines without status.

Lufthansa Customer review :  11 March 2014 by M Proppe    (Poland)

Rating 10/10

LH491 on 3 March. Very professional, safe, punctual and helpful. The Service on board was very good as always. I was very happy to be able to use FlyNet and send all my work to my office while travelling. Also connection time was very convenient allowing us time to refresh in FRA after intercontinental flight.

Lufthansa Customer review :  10 March 2014 by J Ackermann    (Germany)

Rating 9/10

TXL-FRA/FRA-TXL. Both flights on time, nice staff, high quality food, which was nicely presented. LH's domestic business product is far better that the long-haul one. Flaws: no Wifi and IFE whatsoever.

Lufthansa Customer review :  10 March 2014 by J Ackermann    (Germany)

Rating 3/10

FRA-EZE/EZE-FRA. Flights on time, staff pleasant. Old Business Class: seats a nightmare, IFE problems on both flights, FlyNet not working on any leg, food appalling. No taking of orders. You get your courses from the food cart which stores loads of plates under aluminium foil lids. My companion got a VLML special meal main course on return flight: pasta with tomato sauce and cheese! Cheese stuck to the lid and was transferred on the pasta using a cocktail stirrer. Dessert: five slices of fruit served together with main course. White wine out of stock after starters. Service uncoordinated. It was a disgrace and I was ashamed for our German flag carrier.

Lufthansa Customer review :  10 March 2014 by Barnicoat Graham    (Germany)

Rating 8/10

Flight LH419, Dulles Intl - Frankfurt Intl, 25/3/2014. As I am part of the Miles & More programme, I prefer to fly Lufthansa. On my last flight I was looked after well, the flight left on time and landed early and I was able to choose a seat with extra leg room which is important for me.

Lufthansa Customer review :  7 March 2014 by Wylezol Roman    (Poland)

Rating 10/10

LH435, ORD-FRA. Very comfortable, the highest standard of services on board. On time, despite the snowy weather in Chicago. There was only one issue - prior to LH flight, I flew from SLC to ORD (LH codeshare, operated by United Airlines) - the worst quality I have experienced.

Lufthansa Customer review :  7 March 2014 by S Molling    (USA)

Rating 9/10

LH428 on 3/5/14. Great crew, good meals provided, as well as in-flight entertainment. The only thing I would add is that it would be extremely convenient to be able to pay for additional baggage on-line like other airlines do.

Lufthansa Customer review :  7 March 2014 by Gruendel Mike    (Germany)

Rating 2/10

LH 411, 2 March. My seat was in the first row on the aisle. Due to the service it was not possible to stretch my legs for a long period of time. After the flight I still had pain in my back. The onboard service was not very satisfying and the meal served was not really edible.

Lufthansa Customer review :  6 March 2014 by C Barkei    (Luxembourg)

Rating 7/10

3 flights with Lufthansa inside Europe. All on time and reliable. Seat in Economy is quite firm, but OK for a short period of time. I got bored of the sandwich after the first one, but then got the identical one twice more, so I gave it away. Staff were friendly and the coffee was good. The Senator lounge in Munich was excellent, as were the lounges in Manchester and Luxembourg. No in-flight entertainment, so bring a book or read the paper. A very solid product.

Lufthansa Customer review :  5 March 2014 by Max Primorac    (USA)

Rating 10/10

Arriving to Washington, DC Dulles Airport for my flight to Croatia via Frankfurt Airport I was offered special care due to a lower back injury that severely hampered my physical movement. From the US through Frankfurt Airport and upon arrival in Zagreb, Croatia I was offered friendly transit support at each and every stage. I have made this flight over 100 times and despite the pain associated with my injury I must say that this was the most satisfying travel experience I have had in over 30 years of international travel.

Lufthansa Customer review :  4 March 2014 by M Krafft    (Germany)

Rating 7/10

LH 419 departure on Feb 27, 2014. I flew with Lufthansa's new 747-8i. Nice, clean, and very new plane. I was seated in the main cabin in row 16 (first row in coach class). For an overnight flight, it is recommendable to aim for a exit row seat since you cannot stretch your legs, and the arm rests are firm. The meals and beverages/drinks provided were all very good and did meet my expectations. Getting on and off the plane was fast and efficient. All in all, still a satisfactory experience.

Lufthansa Customer review :  4 March 2014 by Arnold Sebastian    (Germany)

Rating 7/10

LH464 from Frankfurt to Orlando in Business Class with our infant (12 weeks old). Check-in in Frankfurt for family's was very good due to extra check-in counter. Service onboard and the food was ok. Nice wine collection and space for my legs.

Lufthansa Customer review :  4 March 2014 by S Redfern    (UK)

Rating 7/10

Flew return GIG-Tegel via Frankfurt. Check-in in Rio was a bit of a nightmare. A massive queue with no priority until got closer the desk. Took me over half an hour. Lounge in Rio did not have many options of drinks/food. The plane was an old A340 but it was well kept and the crew was very attentive. Food ok. Angled flat seats which are not very comfortable. Return leg was much different. Lounge in FRA quite good, priority check in, old A340 but excellent service and food.

Lufthansa Customer review :  4 March 2014 by J Menard    (Canada)

Rating 8/10

Lufthansa flight 493 from Vancouver to Frankfurt on March 2nd 2014: I was impressed with Lufthansa's service in coach class. Tasty meals and a great variety of free beverages and snacks offered throughout the flight. Cabin staff was very cheerful and approaching even though it was a full flight with some quite challenging passengers around me.

1999-2013  Skytrax. All rights reserved.