Lufthansa Customer Reviews and Deutsche Lufthansa Passenger Trip Reports

Lufthansa Customer review :  23 December 2013 by Peter Ripken    (Germany)

Rating 6/10

LH 418 on December 17 left Frankfurt more than 30 minutes late, but arrived in Dulles International on time. Service was adequate for the price we paid. What was not acceptable that after having served lunch about one hour after departure, the Snack served in lieu of dinner was served only about 50 minutes before landing, in other words 7 hours after lunch. Service hardly existed in between.

Lufthansa Customer review :  21 December 2013 by Richard Hattemer    (Germany)

Rating 5/10

FRA-MEX, LAX-FRA on B747-8 on both flights. Having been assigned to a very cramped middle seat, I was more than relieved when the 12-hour flight to Mexico City was over. It felt claustrophobic. I do not mind little space on a short flight too much but find such conditions on a long-haul flight pretty off-putting - even if I am aware that too high expectations in Economy Class are probably not appropriate. While I was happy about a vegetarian food option the pasta was actually of poor quality - noodles glued together by cheese, with practically no other ingredients such as vegetables. The other items on the tray were better but the size of the salad and brownie minimalistic. Beverages were good and offered several times. I find the entertainment program better than some other reviewers - there are actually some interesting documentaries and good music channels. On the plus side, too: the planes on both flights were new, clean and in good condition. Not all but most of the flight attendants were friendly, two actually very friendly and attentive. The flights arrived on time and ahead of time, respectively.

Lufthansa Customer review :  21 December 2013 by R Lutz    (Romania)

Rating 10/10

LH 456, FRA-LAX, December 17, 2013. The check-in was handled very prompt and courteously. As always with Lufthansa, the cabin crew were outstanding in providing stellar service, even in economy. This is the prime reason why I try to fly Lufthansa whenever I have a chance, because their attention to their passengers is outstanding. I enjoyed the wide range of complementary beverages, including beer and wine, and the wide selection of onflight entertainment. The flight was smooth and on time and the cockpit crew did a great job of landing us safely at our destination. All in all, another very pleasant flight with Lufthansa!

Lufthansa Customer review :  21 December 2013 by Z Han    (Australia)

Rating 8/10

SIN-FRA-SIN during November/December. Having read the reviews of Lufthansa after we had made our bookings, we were not expecting a lot. But our flights were excellent. The crew were delightful, the meals were the best we'd had in a long time, the aircraft was a new A380. Yes, the seats were hard (what were they thinking!) but we went prepared with a soft rug which overcame the problem. Agree that the inflight entertainment system offers a very poor range. Our experience with Lufthansa on this occasion was very good.

Lufthansa Customer review :  21 December 2013 by S Wilson    (UK)

Rating 10/10

Flew FRA-NRT on the 747-400. The FRA First Class Terminal really does put Lufthansa in a class of its own in Europe, and means simply outstanding standards of service that also outdoes the excellent airlines in Asia and even the Middle East. Besides having an attendant responsible for your time at the lounge, it is comfortable, has a very good dining area with a reasonably wide range of food and drink (and for Christmas LH made a special effort). Great shower rooms, although I didn't seek to use the baths. Being escorted to the aircraft made it a stress free and queue free experience, and it meant I could work, make phone calls right up to the time when it was ready to board, without watching screens or having to think about finding a gate. Once on board it continued to excel. The flight was lightly loaded in First, but the 747-400 product is probably only excelled by SQ's A380 Suites in terms of comfort and space. Difficult to beat the separate bed. Food was to a high standard, and the wine was exceptional, with high quality vintage Krug and Australian Shiraz. I slept well, aided by the cotton and linen pyjamas. Once at Narita, the service continued and I was met by a young lady who assisted with my hand luggage, escorted me to immigration, collected all of my checked luggage and escorted me to the other terminal where I had arranged to meet another. Many airlines do good catering in first class and service, but Lufthansa's ground service is in a class of its own. To be picky, about the only things that were not quite exceptional were the amenity kit (containing rather average products) and I found the food selection perhaps matched Austrian business class (which is exceptional for business class). It's just a shame the hard product on the 747-400s has a limited future.

Lufthansa Customer review :  20 December 2013 by J Kapinski    (Poland)

Rating 2/10

MLA to FRA - A321, delayed by one hour, seat changed without consent and offered worst seat on plane instead. Poor service as usual from Lufthansa, used to fly them because at least they used to be punctual. In the future I will avoid flying Lufthansa whenever I can.

Lufthansa Customer review :  20 December 2013 by Jan Pape    (Germany)

Rating 8/10

LH429. I am a fan of Lufthansa, especially when I fly to our corporate HQ in Dallas (from Munich, where I am stationed). On this flight, I was surprised that the inflight video system seemed to be better than on the LH438/439 route. On the other hand, leg room was less, which was poor, on this flight from CLT to MUC. What I miss is a direct flight form MUC to DFW. Other than that, service is good, friendly staff (usually).

Lufthansa Customer review :  19 December 2013 by Davide Greco    (Italy)

Rating 7/10

LIN-ORD on Nov 30th and MIA-MXP on Dec 7th, both legs via FRA for a business trip, bought one month in advance at the price of EUR 1.1K. Outbound journey: there was one hour delay in FRA because of a technical problem so we had to be bussed to a remote parking area where the plane, a brand new 747-800, was waiting for us: impressed by the aircraft, silent and magnificent, not at all by the seats which are rather hard and with limited pitch (things seem to get worse with all major European carrier despite them insisting that comfort is constantly improving even for economy passengers which is absolutely not true). Took off at 11.30, after a couple of hours lunch was served but when the trolley reached our rows only the vegetarian option was available: not a big issue for me (it was very tasty) but the passenger behind me got pretty angry. Rest of the flight smooth and the usual long queue (1hr) for immigration clearance in Chicago. Back from MIA on A380 which does assure a slightly better comfort and leg room even though I could not sleep one single minute anyway. Not impressed by their entertainment system, above all for what concerns the limited music selection. Crew professional both ways, more friendly on the return leg. Had a long wait in FRA (5h) but being a FT I could use the business lounge which is a big plus. My general impression of this airline remains very positive but they should really think of replacing their thin and hard seats on the long-haul planes: the ones they have on their A320 between Milano and Frankfurt are way more comfortable!

Lufthansa Customer review :  19 December 2013 by Michael Lange    (Germany)

Rating 10/10

Returning home I took LH flight, LH2019, DUS-MUC, about one hour flight time. Service was friendly, we got drinks (alcoholic and non-alcoholic) and Spekulatius”(special German pastries). The flight was in time, nothing to criticize.

Lufthansa Customer review :  19 December 2013 by Vakalakis Filippos    (Greece)

Rating 9/10

Dec 10th, 2013, LH430, FRA-ORD. The airline was chosen because of (a) ticket price, (b) convenient time gap between connecting flights and (c) overall company reputation, all of which are ranked highly. I had a difficulty with issuing boarding pass online, but this was resolved in the check-in desk. The departure of flight LH430 was delayed by an hour, but arrival was on time. Meals and overall experience during the flight were very good.

Lufthansa Customer review :  17 December 2013 by Ron Kuhlmann    (USA)

Rating 10/10

SFO-FRA-KRK in C. Both excellent flights with good food, attentive crew and comfortable seat. I have found LH to be consistent and enjoyable across many trips and very much appreciate their reliability. FRA is big but the connections are easily done and the lounges provide a full array of amenities.

Lufthansa Customer review :  17 December 2013 by Karlheinz Bender    (Germany)

Rating 10/10

Was in Economy Class on flight LH 457 from LAX to Frankfurt. Got seat 21 H on the emergency Exit which cost €60.00 Extra. A lot of space for my legs for the 11 hours onboard. The plane was a new 747-8. Everything went on schedule. Small screen on the seat to watch the movies.

Lufthansa Customer review :  17 December 2013 by Jon Lieberberg    (USA)

Rating 7/10

LH 456. Last row in business class is not ideal because of the restrooms. Makes it difficult to sleep. Also means as senator that you likely wont get the meal options you like. Cabin upstairs is great. Service is always friendly and plane is clean. One thing you need to seriously consider is the flight entertainment, every movie - even comedies are censored. I also don't like the subtitles on some movies, it should be optional.

Lufthansa Customer review :  16 December 2013 by M Capindale    (Oman)

Rating 6/10

Flying at short notice from Muscat to Riga via Abu Dhabi and a change at Frankfurt, the cheapest flight on offer was Lufthansa. The aircraft from Muscat to FRA was an Airbus A330. The crew and aircraft were fine, though the in- flight entertainment didn't have the greatest selection of films etc. My major complaint was the food, which was truly awful for a 4 star airline. I usually fly with either Etihad (whose food is okay), or Turkish Airlines (whose food is always excellent). Also the seat in economy wasn't particularly comfortable.

Lufthansa Customer review :  16 December 2013 by D Murthy    (Germany)

Rating 5/10

Flight on 11/12/2013 with LH 419 seem to be a new plane. Good and friendly service. Only the leg space has not improved despite new planes as also in case of Airbus 380 with which I flew to SFO during April 2013.

Lufthansa Customer review :  16 December 2013 by V Stanilescu    (Romania)

Rating 8/10

Frankfurt - Chicago on 747-8I in LH Economy. I was lucky enough to get a really good seat (aisle seat on the first row in Economy) so legroom was plentiful. The only inconvenience came from the narrower seating (as the tables and the IFE screens needed to be stowed in the armrests). There were several things that impressed me: free Internet and electrical plug at each seat in economy to charge your equipment. The staff was really nice and helpful, and the food and drinks were fair. Though, if we compare everything with a US based carrier, then I could say it was excellent. One small flaw: the internet connectivity was pretty poor and unreliable, but this is peanuts really, and I couldn't see it affect what otherwise was a very good experience.

Lufthansa Customer review :  16 December 2013 by J Cherry    (USA)

Rating 5/10

I booked a flight through Lufthansa for a round trip (in business class) between Boston and Istanbul. My ticket stated that Swiss Air would be the operator. The flight on Swiss Air from Boston/Zurich/Istanbul was very comfortable with excellent cabin service (plane between Boston and Zurich was an Airbus 330-300). However, my return flight from Istanbul was canceled and I was rebooked on a Lufthansa flight (on an Airbus 340-300 operated by Lufthansa) connecting through Munich. I was very disappointed that the Airbus 340-300 was a very "tired" plane with less comfortable seats/entertainment equipment and the flight attendant was more interested in chatting with the customers than keeping the service going.

Lufthansa Customer review :  14 December 2013 by Yakobashvili Temuri    (USA)

Rating 1/10

Was flying from Washington DC to Tbilisi through Munich on Dec 8 this year. On the day of departure, after boarding the plane and spending there more than hour, flight was cancelled due to bad weather. Next day the same flight was declared as "delayed" - not cancelled and after checking in and going in boarding area (and waiting there for more than hour), flight was really cancelled due to technical problems with the airplane. Was rescheduled through London-Munich-Tbilisi. In Munich, after boarding the plane to Tbilisi, airplane was declared malfunctioning and we had to change plane… I am glad to reach Tbilisi finally and hope will not have the same experience back to DC.

Lufthansa Customer review :  14 December 2013 by Simeone Enrique    (Belgium)

Rating 10/10

FRA-SAO, 1st class old 747 400 with new configuration seat plus a bed on the side. Simply brilliant. Excellent service. Brilliant check in, lounge in FRA - fabulous! Crew polite and at your service all the time. Connecting in Sao to TAM, LH staff at the gate to take me though. Simply the best European Airline.

Lufthansa Customer review :  14 December 2013 by J Macie    (Poland)

Rating 9/10

LH402, FRA-EWR and LH405, JFK-FRA. Boeing 747-400 with new interior in both ways. Flight's on time, seats are comfortable with PTV in every seats. Service was good. 30 mins after take-off snacks and drinks, later lunch (2 types to choose). 1 hour before landing 2 types of hot food (my choice - pizza). Cabin crew was very helpful, smiling and patient. Flight was very relaxing and pleasant. For each passenger there was a blanket, pillow and headphones. I will fly with Lufthansa again.

1999-2013  Skytrax. All rights reserved.