Lufthansa Customer Reviews and Deutsche Lufthansa Passenger Trip Reports

Lufthansa Customer review :  27 March 2014 by Tobia Sarpellon    (Italy)

Rating 4/10

ORD-VCE, LH 431 on March 18. Lufthansa Economy class is terrible. Courtesy, comfort and service provided should be improved and they should add premium economy.

Lufthansa Customer review :  26 March 2014 by C Schmidt    (Germany)

Rating 6/10

LH431. Seats are terrible - the person behind you only has to touch your seat and it feels like a punch in the back. In addition, when the person in front of you decides to use the reclining function it's almost impossible to move or get out of your seat. You have to follow suit in order to have some breathing space. A second glass of wine for dinner would have been nice.

Lufthansa Customer review :  26 March 2014 by M Duitsman    (USA)

Rating 1/10

My 9.30 LH309 flight on 23/3/2014 out of Florence, Italy was cancelled due to rain. Only one Lufthansa representative was available to rebook the entire flight's customers. After retrieving our luggage, waiting in a long line to rebook through your only available representative in Florence, we were to board a bus to take us to Bologna leaving at 13.00. It actually left at 14.15. No representative guided us with instructions on which bus to get on. When we arrived in Bologna, one Lufthansa representative said to get into Line 35. When we approached the Lufthansa representative at Line 35, she got annoyed that we were in the wrong line. When I pointed out the gentleman who told us to get in her line, she grabbed my ticket and approached that man. She came back without my ticket and told us we couldn't check in until 2 hours before the flight. Finally, I got out of line and approached the man, showed him my passport to get my ticket back. The meal voucher we were given in Florence was not honored in Bologna. Finally, we got our baggage checked and seats assigned in Bologna 2 hours before our flight. When we arrived in Frankfurt, no representative was there to greet us and walk us to where we were to get hotel vouchers. The whole experience was awful. Stress levels could have been lessened if Lufthansa people were well-informed and actually gave us correct information and were there to actually meet us and show us where or what we had to do. Walking around the airports in Bologna and Frankfurt with luggage on a wild goose chase because Lufthansa representatives didn't have a clue or gave us misdirection's was very bad mismanagement of customers and very poor customer service. I understand they cannot control the weather, but Lufthansa CAN control the information given to customers after a cancellation and actually have representatives in place to guide us at each airport.

Lufthansa Customer review :  24 March 2014 by Jean Schuetz    (Germany)

Rating 2/10

I took a round trip from FRA to LAX for business. During the flight back the cabin was freezing cold. I was sitting in the rear part of the aircraft on the window side. The supplied blankets are completely ineffective because they are made of wide mesh kind of fabric that still lets the cold air pass through that is coming from the overhead ventilation slots. In the end I had to wear my winter jacket all the time. The lady next to me also complained and was sitting there with a thick winter jacket, scarf, cap and gloves.

Lufthansa Customer review :  24 March 2014 by Maximilian Pflaum    (Germany)

Rating 10/10

I flew on the new 747-8 from IAD to FRA. The aircraft was amazingly comfortable, and the seats in Economy are definitely an upgrade from previous LH Eco-seats. Service was great and staff very friendly. Only downside is the PTV, this is very slow and therefore can be annoying after a while. All in all this was a great experience.

Lufthansa Customer review :  24 March 2014 by Jon Popa    (USA)

Rating 8/10

LH438. Flight and cabin service very good. Attendants very courteous and attentive. Food quality and selection seem to be downgraded from previous flights. Seat too small and uncomfortable (I am a small person). Space between seat in front very tight.

Lufthansa Customer review :  24 March 2014 by Jon Popa    (USA)

Rating 7/10

LH439. Flight and Service very good. Food quality and selection not so good. Seats much too small. Seat in front reclined much too far. Had to request passenger in front to adjust the seat forward so that I could eat and even get out of the seat during flight.

Lufthansa Customer review :  24 March 2014 by Annegret Borrmann    (Germany)

Rating 7/10

Flying from the US I always would prefer a non-US Airline. I have been flying LH for quite some time, but service and especially food has deteriorated. Since we prefer Airbus instead of flying Boeing we always used the connection via Munich. Maybe next time we will try either KLM or Air France provided we can chose those airlines both ways. We experienced the US airlines with very low standard: service/food/and seating.

Lufthansa Customer review :  22 March 2014 by Tambe Suhas    (USA)

Rating 4/10

2nd Mar 2014, LH 431, Chicago - Frankfurt. 3rd Mar 2014, LH 760, Frankfurt - Delhi. 17th Mar 2014, LH 761, Delhi - Frankfurt. 17th Mar 2014, LH 430, Frankfurt - Chicago. A pleasant surprise on the flight was the availability of power outlets everywhere. But, there were no seats with greater legroom, I was ready to pay for. Other things were good as usual, including the ever-smiling and helpful cabin crew. One suggestion though. Please stop further cutting corners on food to save costs. The snack pack is so thin already. Finally, still waiting to hear about a Special Class between Business and Economy.

Lufthansa Customer review :  22 March 2014 by J Singh    (USA)

Rating 7/10

LH from ATL to FRA. Recaro business class seats on the A340 are not full lie flats but are still very comfortable. Dinner was surprisingly delicious and service was efficient yet not intrusive, typically German I suppose. Major negative was the IFE screen which were small and washed out, better to use my mobile phone than waste time with this relic from the 90's.

Lufthansa Customer review :  21 March 2014 by K Ludewig    (Germany)

Rating 8/10

13/3/2014, LH 490. Nice and comfortable flight from Frankfurt to Seattle with a 3 seat row for myself.

Lufthansa Customer review :  21 March 2014 by Rainer Macherey    (Germany)

Rating 7/10

LH430, FRA-ORD on March 15th. Flynet was again not working. Toilets were awful after a few hours. Service personnel were very friendly. Water was dripping out of the A/C overhead after takeoff and before landing.

Lufthansa Customer review :  21 March 2014 by R Moessner    (Germany)

Rating 8/10

ORD-MUC: Flight left on time, staff nice as always. Food could be better. Beverage Service and hot towels are just good. Overall good experience for a pretty good Price. Would do it again.

Lufthansa Customer review :  21 March 2014 by A Kearney    (UK)

Rating 10/10

LH2482, MUC-LHR. First time flying with Lufthansa and very impressed. Flight was on time, cabin crew attentive and good inflight service (bar service, tea/coffee and tasty sandwiches provided) - significantly better than that offered on most short haul European flights. Would definitely use again.

Lufthansa Customer review :  21 March 2014 by V Donnelly    (Ireland)

Rating 4/10

Even with high class tickets, very poor mileage accrual in comparison to competing airlines. A340, new aircraft, seats recline too much. Makes it impossible to work on laptop or, exit your seat without asking the person in front to please go forward. This makes the flight terribly uncomfortable. Food is really quite poor. However, I fly a lot with LH and the staff are always lovely. No shortage of beverages and smiles. Wide network, and travel through good hubs. The lounges can vary, some good, some not so good. Overall, if they stopped putting such a recline on seats, and matched competitors on mileage gain, it would be a lot better.

Lufthansa Customer review :  21 March 2014 by M Wagner    (Austria)

Rating 9/10

LH 424 from Munich to Boston. Ground service good and fast, Business lounge in Munich (with frequent flyer status) good but pretty packed. A330 in 2x4x2 Economy configuration and plane was packed to nearly the last seat. Despite this, the cabin crew got 5 rounds of drink-service done after the main meal, impressive and efficient. They were also very attentive and friendly. A negative point for Lufthansa's extreme cost cutting program as on both meals no choice available, always only a single meal available which feels poor for an Airline with a claim of being a premium carrier.

Lufthansa Customer review :  18 March 2014 by A Kusnierczak    (Thailand)

Rating 7/10

Bangkok - Kuala Lumpur onboard Boeing 747-400. Flight was very nice, comfortable and on time. Lufthansa should consider improving their IFE which works very slowly. It would be nice to receive more than just one sandwich. The was flight was nice, comfortable and price was very affordable.

Lufthansa Customer review :  18 March 2014 by Kraebber Sharon    (USA)

Rating 9/10

First rate flight, New 747-8 from Chicago to Frankfurt, roomy seats even in Economy. Food quantity and quality has decreased. Beverage and hot towels service still rates high!

Lufthansa Customer review :  18 March 2014 by M Montagna    (Italy)

Rating 5/10

Flight LH457, LAX-FRA, First class. First class is a luxury. However some problems on the ground: The attendant at LAX lounge forgot to collect all the passengers when the flight was announced. Considering that the flight took off with a 1.5 hr delay and the transit time was 1h 45mins, I expected some info from the cabin personnel about the feasibility to catch the next flight but nobody was able to give me an answer even though the question was put to them several times. I thought there would be somebody to meet me at the exit to bring me to the next flight, nobody was there.

Lufthansa Customer review :  18 March 2014 by Anistratenko Oxana    (Russia)

Rating 8/10

Feb 22, LH 2531, LH 452. March 8, UA 1207, LH 431. March 9, LH 1444. I've been using this airline for almost 10 years now both for flights within Europe and for Transcontinental ones. I'm generally happy with the service, the food is always good, even in the economy class. Flight attendants are generally very nice and often seem to be happy with what they're doing.

Lufthansa Customer review :  17 March 2014 by C McAndrew    (UK)

Rating 4/10

LH575 from Cape Town to Munich on Monday 10th March. Disappointed with overall service provided compared to price paid. Poor inflight entertainment, drinks offered were few and far between, and meals average at best.

Lufthansa Customer review :  17 March 2014 by Dimitrios Simeonidis    (Greece)

Rating 10/10

SKG-MUC, A3 500. MUC-JFK, LH 410. JFK-MUC, LH 411. MUC-SKG, A3 501. Lufthansa is the airline that me and my family members have been using in the last 20 years. I have been a member of the Senator Club as well. We prefer LH for obvious reasons such as security, good service in air and on the ground, kind and experienced personnel. Fleet with new and well maintained airplanes. In short Lufthansa satisfies most, if not all requirements of most passengers.

Lufthansa Customer review :  17 March 2014 by Shiva Prasad    (India)

Rating 10/10

Travelled to India from Orlando (MCM) via Frankfurt on Feb 23 2014. It was a great experience. The front desk supervisors on that day helped me a lot and the flight attendants were good onboard. Overall it was a very pleasant journey.

Lufthansa Customer review :  17 March 2014 by Stefan Johansson    (Denmark)

Rating 8/10

LH415, IAD-MUC. It's generally good. Food and leg space in economy is ok. What I didn't like this time, was that they started to serve dinner at 23.40! We departed at 22.55.At that hour it should be dark and silent.

1999-2013  Skytrax. All rights reserved.