Lufthansa Customer Reviews and Deutsche Lufthansa Passenger Trip Reports

Lufthansa Customer review :  30 December 2013 by C Herrmann    (Spain)

Rating 10/10

LH424 on Dec 23rd 2013 from Munich to Boston Logan arriving 6.30pm. I fly with Lufthansa because the airplanes are cleaner (on the inside at least) and the crew are friendly and efficient. Even if you are flying coach, you never have the feeling that you are "second" class. They are generous with the drink service, which is always included in the price and the food is tasty and satisfying. The little tv screens work, and the trays and windows are clean and new. Lufthansa is almost always on time.

Lufthansa Customer review :  30 December 2013 by I Giese    (Germany)

Rating 1/10

FRA-GRU, LH 506, 3/10/2013. GRU-FRA, LH 507, 5/11/2013. The seats provided for this length of a flight are inadequate. After serving 3 rows the beef was out so only pasta or chicken. A second piece of luggage must be paid for and on a round-trip it is almost an additional 50% of the ticket price. I agree with so many others, LH feels safe but that's it. My husband and I fly several times to GRU a year but now we will see what airline we will choose.

Lufthansa Customer review :  30 December 2013 by C Haag-Molkenteller    (USA)

Rating 8/10

LAX-FRA on 22 Dec 2013 with LH457. Excellent and reliable international service, up-to-date and well maintained aircraft's, very good on- board service with focus on the customer. However, the seat comfort can still be improved when compared to other airlines on long distance flights.

Lufthansa Customer review :  29 December 2013 by Erik Schultz    (USA)

Rating 2/10

A380, FRA to SFO. My knees were jammed into the seat in from of me. I had to ask the person in front of me not to recline because I had no room. The seating is painful. The On Demand Entertainment system never worked. I will avoid Lufthansa in the future.

Lufthansa Customer review :  29 December 2013 by David Perez    (Spain)

Rating 4/10

Madrid-Caracas-Madrid via Frankfurt. User friendly check in online for all sectors. Rude and aggressive agent at the Bag Drop at Madrid T2 on departure, my suitcase was 2 kilos overweight and she made me remove items and put them in my hand luggage, same weight and travelling on the same aircraft so fairly pointless exercise really. All sectors were on time but the long haul legs were on A340-600s which have very narrow, cramped and uncomfortable seats. Service from cabin crews was slow, cold and distant and the food was very average: don't Fly on Lufthansa if you don't have a taste for over cooked pasta! Very generous with the drinks though, both alcohol and soft drinks and tea and coffee. Good IFE, a reasonable selection of up to date films. Security checks at Frankfurt are over zealous and the officials carrying them out have clearly not attended charm school.

Lufthansa Customer review :  29 December 2013 by L Kepinski    (Germany)

Rating 5/10

I normally fly business class, always with Lufthansa. However recently I flew economy class on Lufthansa MUC-CLT and was appalled at how filthy the toilets were over the journey. There seemed no one who was cleaning nor refreshing the toilets. Is economy class normally getting this lower standard of service? I expected better from Lufthansa.

Lufthansa Customer review :  29 December 2013 by A Sue    (Singapore)

Rating 10/10

Took SIN-FRA FRA-SIN in June 2013. Seats, leg room, entertainment and food was fantastic. Check in was smooth. Would travel with Lufthansa again.

Lufthansa Customer review :  29 December 2013 by Magri Federico    (Italy)

Rating 9/10

LH457. Flight was very good, left on time and arrived early. Personnel was friendly and service good.

Lufthansa Customer review :  29 December 2013 by C May    (Germany)

Rating 9/10

A very nice trip in Lufthansa Business Class from Los Angeles to Frankfurt. Service was nice and the cabin staff were friendly and helpful. Food Quality was good. I like the new Business Class with lie flat seats. The aircraft was very clean and it was a smooth ride back to Germany.

Lufthansa Customer review :  25 December 2013 by Davi Simone    (Italy)

Rating 8/10

To my surprise, during a 9-hour flight (Munich to Chicago) a full meal was served once just. Beverages at all times but snacks only upon request. I flew once in 2010 same route, same carrier and I did experience an unbeatable on-board service. This was the reason why I chose Lufthansa again to fly oversees.

Lufthansa Customer review :  25 December 2013 by D Semenov    (Russia)

Rating 10/10

LH435, ORD-MUC, 13 Dec 2013. New Inflight Entertainment system, looks better than the old one but has its own usability issues. Other than that, everything was good enough for economy class.

Lufthansa Customer review :  25 December 2013 by Hans Hirschi    (Sweden)

Rating 8/10

GOT to MUC and on LH428 to Charlotte, and then on to Miami. As always, the LH First class didn't disappoint us. We love the new seats, the excellent service, particularly when traveling with a baby. The food was excellent and the fact that they serve one of our favourite Aussie wines was a nice and unexpected highlight. The new entertainment system is nice and intuitive even though the scroll interface isn't as sensitive as expected. Areas of improvement: the aircraft wasn't cleaned very well. We found stuff in our seat and the port side lavatory was gross, I would also love a deodorant in my amenity kit. Beats two face creams.

Lufthansa Customer review :  25 December 2013 by Kidron Giora    (Israel)

Rating 1/10

Recently travelled with my wife to Cambodia. As we were standing waiting at the Lufthansa ticket counter the manager appeared and with raised voice she pointed to our hand luggage angrily and said to us with that you can't fly. She instructed me to weigh my hand luggage and backpack because she did not think I met their regulations for the size and weight of hand luggage. The size was okay, but the manager triumphantly told me that my hand luggage exceeded the 8 kilo limit. I was very surprised. In the past few months I've flown on 11 flights with the same luggage and backpack and I was never asked to weigh these bags. I was then sent to wait in line to pay the unheard of penalty of $217. My wife and I each paid $1580 for our flights to Cambodia - but this apparently was not enough. In fact alongside the 4 workers who ticketed passengers, there were 2 Lufthansa workers collecting fines, and no I was not alone in line. There were other angry passengers waiting to pay their penalties.

Lufthansa Customer review :  25 December 2013 by Liu Shan    (USA)

Rating 4/10

12/15, LH1299, LH6780 operated by Air Canada. Istanbul-Frankfurt-Toronto. Entertainment system was down for 1/3 of the plane. Food was not good and snack was not nor fulfilling. Will not choose Frankfurt to connect ever again.

1999-2013  Skytrax. All rights reserved.