Lufthansa Customer Reviews and Deutsche Lufthansa Passenger Trip Reports

Lufthansa Customer review :  26 June 2014 by T Daum    (USA)

Rating 1/10

I am German and used to be a loyal Lufthansa customer. In general it is probably still one of the better Airlines out there, but the way they treat the average customer who are just Frequent Traveler status or even less and not Senator or Hon is just plain deplorable. The way they credit now for miles flown tells me that they don't value my business at all anymore. Another annoying thing is the discrimination against carry on bag travelers who are not Gold level. I invested quite some money into a carry on to make sure that it would be in compliance size wise according to international standards and IATA approval, but yet I was forced at various occasions to give it up when I was just about to board the flight. The most recent very bad experience I had was when I was just coming off the transatlantic flight from Dulles to Frankfurt and wanted to connect on the domestic flight to Berlin LH 180 on Sunday June 1st, at 10.45am. The gate agent ladies serving the desk for that flight were just horrible, to say the least, forcing me to check my carry on bag , which I had no problem carrying on the transatlantic flight from Dulles to Frankfurt. It's one thing if there are viable reasons for that to do so, but being singled out while others were walking by with two pieces of luggage was an experience of discrimination that I never wish to endure again.

Lufthansa Customer review :  26 June 2014 by Thomas Schaefer    (Germany)

Rating 10/10

LH 411 on June 10. Perfect Service, especially during check-in for return flight from US because I arrived at airport only 35 minutes before departure. Airline personnel were able to manage a direct security check (bypassing the waiting line), a quick transfer to the gate and also the bag arrived on time with the flight.

Lufthansa Customer review :  26 June 2014 by Ulrich Herber    (Germany)

Rating 8/10

I flew to Washington with United and returned with Lufthansa. I am disappointed by the differences in service between Star Alliance members. Lufthansa was so much better than United. Everything: food, friendliness of staff, seats. Below ratings are based on Lufthansa flight only.

Lufthansa Customer review :  24 June 2014 by B Sieding    (USA)

Rating 9/10

LH 419 on 1 Jun 2014 from IAD to FRA. The flight was on time, the announcements in German and English were clear and understandable. The Inflight Entertainment didn't respond very quick on fingerprints and some of the movies are not particularly new. I saw the same movie-titles on my flight with this airline 8 months ago. They served pasta or chicken for dinner - it's always the same. The bread they served was warm and tasted very well. The little snack for "breakfast" didn't knock my socks off. It was better in the past.

Lufthansa Customer review :  24 June 2014 by M Florian    (Germany)

Rating 6/10

LH 451. We sat exit row seats in the brand new 747-8. Lots of space, entertainment system finally up to date, with hi-res displays, good selection etc. However lots, and I mean lots of restroom traffic. LH went cheap and only installed 2 restrooms for middle section of eco class to cram in 2 more rows (however more legroom on this new plane). Ridiculous and therefor many people waiting in line in front of and around your seat at all times. I always bring my own food, since LH and most airplane food in economy is inedible, so can't comment on food.

Lufthansa Customer review :  19 June 2014 by Robert Redfern    (USA)

Rating 2/10

I connected to LH at Frankfurt from a United flight originating at SFO. The arrival and departure at FRA both involved aircraft parked on remote pads and being ferried on stuffed buses to the terminal buildings, where insufficient gate space apparently exists. As I was about to get stuffed onto a bus, an imperious LH gate agent demanded I surrender the bag in which I carry my CPAP machine. She couldn't have cared less that I was told to keep close hold on it on all my travels and other airport staff have no problem treating it as carry-on. Furthermore, there was plenty of bin and underseat space on the flight. Other than that nastiness, the flight itself was fine, and LH probably deserves its 4-star rating, excepting for transfers at FRA.

Lufthansa Customer review :  19 June 2014 by Nima Barraci    (Germany)

Rating 3/10

LH418, 8 June, FRA-IAD. I am very disappointed by the new flagship of Lufthansa or to be more precise of its Economy Class cabin. While the cabin itself is very comfortable from an environmental point of view - pressure, humidity and noise - Lufthansa simply put uncomfortable seats into the great fuselage. They are too hard and there is not enough leg room. Even for an average 1.83m, 79kg, male sitting in these seats is a pain. The food is just below anything. One does not even need to compare it to the far better airline meals of Air Canada to come to this conclusion. Privileges for Lufthansa status customers are a joke. The Senator lounge in Dulles is more like a shoe box. Only the staff is making the difference, as usual. Great staff on board and on ground is the single reason besides the direct connections why I still fly Lufthansa.

Lufthansa Customer review :  19 June 2014 by Ld Pierre    (USA)

Rating 8/10

LH451 on 11 June from LAX to FRA. As usual, Lufthansa's service - staff, food and entertainment - was excellent, though it was a bit tough to get the touch screen to react. The economy seats on the new 747-800, however, leave something to be desired. While the legroom is alright, the seat is very narrow doesn't recline very much, not very comfortable on a 10 hour flight.

Lufthansa Customer review :  19 June 2014 by C Paddock    (USA)

Rating 1/10

Had awful experience on Flight 428/429 from Charlotte, NC to Munich, Germany and back. Food and drink ran out before all passengers were served, no effort was made to correct the problem. Very unresponsive flight attendants as well as purser. Would never recommend this airline.

Lufthansa Customer review :  17 June 2014 by F Bertoni    (Brazil)

Rating 8/10

GRU (Sao Paulo) - FRA (Frankfurt). Impressed with the new Boeing 747-8. Would expect it to be less noisy though. Not a single seat free, all three classes were packed. I have to say that the new seat Lufthansa has chosen for this 748 is quite ok, far better than the A340-600 one's. Cabin crew ok, but a couple of members were everything but polite. Usual long-haul dinner choice (pasta or chicken), usual breakfast. Arrived in FRA 25 minutes before schedule. I keep saying Lufthansa and SWISS beat whatever European airline.

Lufthansa Customer review :  17 June 2014 by B Bayes    (UK)

Rating 1/10

My wife and I booked a return ticket leaving Heathrow to Caracas Venezuela via Frankfurt. The final part of our journey was an internal flight to Barcelona, Venezuela, where we had planned to visit family. This part of the journey was without incident, the return flight was a nightmare. We were due to leave Caracas on May 2013. We started our journey very early leaving to take internal flights from Barcelona to Caracas. Upon presenting ourselves at check in we were informed that our tickets had been accidentally canceled and that it was an internal error of the airline and would be corrected. Another person was called to the desk from the 1st class check in who said that the flights had been cancelled and that we could not travel as a refund had been issued. No explanation was offered and no one knew on whose authority our tickets had been cancelled. We were told the only way we could travel that day was to buy another ticket for nearly 3.000, money which we didn't have available at the end of our holiday. The desk attendants refused to help us in any other way.

Lufthansa Customer review :  17 June 2014 by Calcan Gabriela    (Romania)

Rating 7/10

I traveled on the LH431 flight as a return trip from the US. Considering my initial flight was ok, I was quite dissatisfied with LH431. It didn't leave on time (at least 30 minutes of lateness), the food was less varied and less tasty, there were malfunctions at the entertainment service and the wi-fi network was out of order. The staff were friendly and well-prepared, as usual. I will travel again with Lufthansa.

Lufthansa Customer review :  14 June 2014 by James Wallace    (USA)

Rating 9/10

Munich to Chicago in Economy on an Airbus A340-600. Fasten seatbelt sign turned off five minutes after take-off and not put back on until 30 minutes before landing. Hot towels provided before lunch and after snack. Real tableware used with the lunch, not plastic. Free alcohol provided before lunch, wine with dinner and two choices of after dinner drinks provided. Five economy toilets were provided in the basement of the plane which was a nice stretch and avoided bad smells in the cabin. Cabin crew were professional and friendly. The seats are very tight, luckily, the seat next to me was empty. However, the flight was nearly full.

Lufthansa Customer review :  14 June 2014 by Gerwin Arthur    (Poland)

Rating 7/10

LH431. Service and food was good. I travelled with my wife and it was good that we could book two separate seats at the back of the plane so other passengers would not disturb us during the sleeping period.

Lufthansa Customer review :  14 June 2014 by Niewel Manuela    (Germany)

Rating 8/10

LH431, ORD-FRA, 3/6/14. Aircraft and flight were excellent, however the cabin crew were not satisfactory. Service was quite slow and at the same time quite hectic, crew were a bit unfriendly, did not come back after a request, when I went into the galley they at first ignored me talking to each other. On the flight to Chicago this was completely different, LH430, 30/5/14.

Lufthansa Customer review :  13 June 2014 by Tegelkamp Doris    (Germany)

Rating 8/10

LH 430, 7/6/14. As usual cabins were very clean, tidy and everything was in extremely good condition. Service as usual very good, attentive and friendly. The vegetarian meal was also very good, same for the beverages. Considering we were in economy class even the wine was good. The snack prior to landing is not tasting good and of low quality. A simple sandwich with cheese or a soup (pumpkin, tomato) would be better and taste better.

Lufthansa Customer review :  13 June 2014 by Georg Konstanznig    (USA)

Rating 1/10

June 8th - flight LH450 from Frankfurt to Los Angeles. After take-off, when the aircraft was at cruising altitude I needed to visit the bathroom. The flight attendant advised me in a very rude way to get back to my seat. We asked for wine during the flight and were advised to wait for the next service. LH crew usually walks through the aircraft with water etc. This crew did not. The food they served was not good. Overall LH450 flight on Sunday June 8th was the worst experience I have had with Lufthansa.

1999-2013  Skytrax. All rights reserved.