Lufthansa Customer Reviews and Deutsche Lufthansa Passenger Trip Reports

Lufthansa Customer review :  20 November 2014 by R Dunigan    (Canada)

Rating 7/10

LH471, YYZ to FRA en route to Marrakech. Usual LH experience: on time departure and arrival, clean and orderly aircraft, competent and polite cabin crew, mediocre entertainment selection. Sadly, the usual LH experience in seating as well. When is the "old" Business Class seat going to disappear? Probably the most uncomfortable C class seating I encounter.

Lufthansa Customer review :  20 November 2014 by Kris Mani    (UK)

Rating 10/10

Flew EDI-FRA-ZRH. The flight from Edinburgh to Frankfurt was perfect on time with great in-flight service. As it arrived earlier than the scheduled time, we were transported to the terminal by a bus. The second leg from Frankfurt to Zurich was delayed by 45 minutes due to an unknown reason. Again we were transported by a bus to the B737. Here is where the entire staff and crew showed their effectiveness. The flight duration was cut short to 40 min from the original 55 min. Even in such a short duration, we were offered chocolates and drinks. I could simple describe their service in one word "excellent".

Lufthansa Customer review :  20 November 2014 by J Comissiong    (Germany)

Rating 8/10

17/10/2014, LH 754, FRA-BLR, (Business Class). 2/11/2014, LH 755, BLR-FRA, (Business Class). My travel partner couldn't have his meal choice fulfilled on-board twice! FRA-BLR and on the return leg BLR-FRA. The seats on the new B-748 were comfortable, however my personal reading light did not function and I could not get the wifi access. There was enough space and more than enough to eat on board. The return leg was on an old B-744. The seats were not as comfortable as the newer aircraft and the IFE system was a bit limited regarding film and TV selection.

Lufthansa Customer review :  17 November 2014 by S Sebastian    (Poland)

Rating 5/10

Regular LH410 flight, good food and inflight entertainment as usual, only problem was the freezing temperature onboard. Staff tried to increase it during the flight, unsuccessfully.

Lufthansa Customer review :  12 November 2014 by Stephan Becker    (Austria)

Rating 9/10

Good airline, with good service and modern planes. Unfortunately not all planes have new seats but the new seats make a real difference! Fortunately the Washington - Munich flight had the new equipment. Food and drink offer is very good if not exceptional.

Lufthansa Customer review :  12 November 2014 by Demet Erdogan    (Germany)

Rating 7/10

Flight from FRA-IST. Cabin crew service is okay for a European carrier. Smiling faces welcomes you on boarding until the end of the flight. Very attentive and skilled. Seating and entertainment not the best still bearable for a short flight but can't imagine these standards for +5 hours. Lunch provided was delicious however not many choices on offer. Overall a good flight with only minor draw backs.

Lufthansa Customer review :  12 November 2014 by K Lam    (Malaysia)

Rating 1/10

Oct 19 LH783 a group of us travelled to France in transit at Frankfurt Airport. Our confirmed seatings were all messed up despite we have booked this in Feb 14. It took us 40 minutes at KLIA Lufthansa counter to sort this out - each couple were seated together but the group had to split up. On our return leg (7 Nov 14) our group confirmed seats were again messed up despite reconfirming the seat 3 days before our departure with Lufthansa Malaysia. The check in counter staff was not helpful nor friendly at CDG airport to help us to reassign our seats so that each couple could sit together but the group was split up again. The return flight (Paris to Frankfurt LH1043) was re-timed later by 20 minutes but we were not informed and the flight arrived late at Frankfurt. So we had to run for our connecting flight to KL. There were no Lufthansa Staff at the gate to provide assistance.

Lufthansa Customer review :  11 November 2014 by G Slater    (UK)

Rating 8/10

LHR-FRA-JNB in economy. Short flight from London to Frankfurt satisfactory with good snack and drink, pleasant attendants. Transfer at Frankfurt seamless to the A380 to Johannesburg - gone are the days of long walks through the lengthy corridors of Frankfurt. Very comfortable seats and service on A380. Cabin crew very responsive and friendly. Food satisfactory. Return was CPT-MUC-LHR. A340-600 from Cape Town - plane not crowded so good service again with satisfactory food and drinks. Attendants served beverages throughout the night. Seats were comfortable all round. Minimal fuss and no problems with delays - all flights on time. Very good long haul flight. Short hop from Munich to London was good as well with breakfast snack served, just right for this length. IFE can have more up to date movies and music but small price to sacrifice.

Lufthansa Customer review :  11 November 2014 by Parag Narkhede    (India)

Rating 9/10

I traveled with my family on LH 768 from FRA to PNQ on 7th November 2014. It was a really good travel experience for us. Very comfortable and convenient too. Seats are comfortable, same as any other regular Lufthansa flights. Landing at Pune for Puneites is far better than to Mumbai, saving a lot of time in immigration process and travelling from Mumbai to Pune. Its really great to fly direct to Pune from Europe and credit to Lufthansa and PrivatAir.

Lufthansa Customer review :  6 November 2014 by Kovacs Charles    (Hungary)

Rating 2/10

Impossibly thin seat and insufficient legroom and this was a long flight (Philadelphia to Frankfurt). Very poor food even by economy standards. Inflight entertainment system did not work well, choice of classical music weighted towards modern composers. The only saving grace was the cabin crew. Lufthansa used to be a good airline, but these days it's more like a discounter charging legacy prices. Avoid it if you can.

Lufthansa Customer review :  6 November 2014 by Jarolim Petr    (USA)

Rating 9/10

Very happy with our first class flights. The first class lounge in Munich was very pleasant with the usual high quality food offerings. The food onboard was good when traveling from Boston to Munich on 10/17 and outstanding on the way back - Munich to Boston on 10/26. Service also very good Boston-Munich and absolutely outstanding on the Munich-Boston flight. The flight attendant on the Munich-Boston flight was fast, efficient and very pleasant. Entertainment was OK, we both care more for recent movies than the latest releases but I understand it's difficult to please everyone. I'd say that the Wi-Fi should be free in first class. The Munich-Prague and Prague-Munich segments in business class were pretty much standard, the Munich-Prague flight was quite delayed, fortunately for us the Prague-Munich flight was on time. All in all, a pleasant experience.

Lufthansa Customer review :  6 November 2014 by Schaefer Michael    (Germany)

Rating 2/10

Flight LH491 - really bad seats. TV box under the seat. No room for legs (I'm 185cm tall) TV selection was poor. Touch screen hardly worked. Sound was awful and flickering monitor.

Lufthansa Customer review :  3 November 2014 by Oehmichen Alexander    (Germany)

Rating 9/10

Travelling from Frankfurt to London-City. Fast boarding procedure and arriving on time. The sandwich on board was really tasty and a decent snack on this one hour flight. The friendly flight attendants completed this pleasant journey.

Lufthansa Customer review :  3 November 2014 by Kristine Schaefer    (Germany)

Rating 6/10

IAD (Washington Dulles) to MUC (Munich, Germany), LH 415, Oct 5, 2014. Seat comfort: The aircraft was an A330-300. I had a window seat. Foot space was ridiculously small as two metal boxes of about 10 cm width each were fixed to the legs of the seat in front of me. Every window seat seemed to have that feature. This makes a long haul flight very uncomfortable. Inflight entertainment: The touch screen took ages to react or was so sensitive or insensitive that I never knew whether I had pressed it correctly or not. The rest was fine.

Lufthansa Customer review :  3 November 2014 by K Roberts    (USA)

Rating 2/10

Flight out of Krakow to Munich cancelled due to heavy fog. Lufthansa in Krakow put us up in hotel for night, with vouchers for meals. Lufthansa staff at Krakow were great, cannot say the same for the staff in Germany! Re-booked next day to Munich, one hour layover then home to Chicago. Flight next afternoon was late due to incoming plane being late. Thus our one hour window to connect was becoming smaller. Announcements on plane about other connections, but none regarding Chicago. I asked a flight attendant before we landed and she said she knew nothing. We arrived late in Munich, So, the 2 of us and 3 other passengers missed our connecting flight to Chicago by minutes! No one at gate in Munich to assist us. Finally directed to service center, where we waited almost an hour to be re-booked. Re-booked to Frankfurt that night, where we would be given hotel vouchers, then on to Chicago the next day. When we boarded short flight to Frankfurt, the pilot made an announcement that we would be delayed because we were waiting for 7 passengers who were connecting! In Munich, we told rep we wanted to pick up our luggage in Frankfurt. Arriving in Frankfurt, we had to go to Service center again to get our hotel and meal vouchers. He directed us to belt 16, Baggage claim B to get our luggage. We got there, no luggage! Talked to lady at baggage tracing and she told us the bags arrived at A, and since no one was there to claim them they were in a holding cell. She finally made a call and within 10 minutes our bags were there. Frankfurt airport is huge and Lufthansa agents were few and far between, no one seemed to know anything. Classic case of the left hand does not know what the right hand is doing. The clincher is when we boarded our flight to Chicago the next day, we were delayed because a family was detained in immigration! What happened to not being able to hold the plane? Horrible service. Unless Lufthansa is the only airline flying to where I am traveling, I am not using them again. No one seemed to know and much less care.

Lufthansa Customer review :  31 October 2014 by U Fritsch    (Germany)

Rating 6/10

Took flight LH 494 from Munich to Toronto on October 23, 2014. Flight was 1 hour delayed, departure as well as arrival. Plane was technically up-to-date. On-board personnel and service was satisfactory. All equipment worked without fail. Seats were reasonably comfortable and provided satisfactory space. Entertainment program provided wide range of choices. All-in-all, good flight, despite the delay.

Lufthansa Customer review :  31 October 2014 by Dimitrios Salampasis    (Luxembourg)

Rating 8/10

I am a Lufthansa frequent customer and I have always enjoyed their service and timetable. My flight experience from YUL to MUC left me with a bit of mixed feelings. Even though the flight is not that long approx. 7 hrs the plane was fully packed with people and the seats were really uncomfortable. It was not possible to move around and not even sleep. Furthermore, the passenger in front of me considered her right to keep her seat not in the fully upright position during the entire flight leaving me with very limited space. And when I asked the flight attendants to tell her to bring her seat a bit further up so as to have some space myself I was taken by surprise to hear that they could not wake her up and that I should simply do the same or change seat (I seat that I had pre-selected and paid). Maybe Lufthansa needs to reconsider the number of passengers and luggage allowed for long- haul flights and not treat passengers as commodities to that respect.

Lufthansa Customer review :  31 October 2014 by R Thut    (Switzerland)

Rating 7/10

FRA-BRE-FRA last weekend. Outbound was really good. Cabin Crew very friendly. Always had a smile on their face. Service was very good. They served a cold breakfast which was very good. The way back to FRA was more or less OK. Was not that friendly. What annoyed me was, that there were 3 flight attendants as "Business Class Passengers" seated. Not my thing at all, that staff flies business class and chit chat all the way loudly. Sorry folks of LH, but keep things a bit down, especially when you have paying business class passengers on flights. Seat them either in the back close to the galley or on a jump seat when the flight is full. I recommend this airline because the way to BRE they did go the extra mile.

Lufthansa Customer review :  31 October 2014 by D Ito    (Germany)

Rating 8/10

MEX-FRA with B747-8 new business class seat. On time flight and friendly crews. New seat was comfortable however, if you have a window seat, you need to stride over an aisle seat passenger on the relax/sleeping position. Meals were quite simple, no good nor bad. No impression, and just snacks, sandwiches were served between meal times. BOSE noise cancelling headphone worked quite good. New Entertainment system for 747-8 was excellent. USB port didn't work. AC power outlet worked.

Lufthansa Customer review :  31 October 2014 by M Marchetti    (Italy)

Rating 6/10

MUC-JFK flight LH410. Good on board service. Economy seats really to small for a continental 9 hours flight (central row, one of the last in the rear of plane). If you want to choose your seat during booking or before check-in, you will be charged an additional fee.

Lufthansa Customer review :  28 October 2014 by N Bojkova    (USA)

Rating 8/10

Flight LH495. I flew from Munich to Toronto. The flight was very relaxing with excellent service and food. I arrived to some extent relaxed despite of the long trip.

Lufthansa Customer review :  28 October 2014 by W Coulton    (Australia)

Rating 9/10

Short hop FRA-DUB on A321. Check in and cabin crew friendly. Decent snack served on this 2 hr flight. Departed on time and arrived early. The slimline seat provided extra legroom and was OK for this length flight, but may be a bit hard if the sector is longer. Very happy to use again, at least on European sectors.

Lufthansa Customer review :  23 October 2014 by A Bland    (UK)

Rating 2/10

Manchester-Chisinau via Munich. Initial outward flight delayed due to crew 'being stuck in traffic', although all passengers were waiting at the gate on time (it was a full flight). Standard of slimline seating on Lufthansa flights not comfortable at all (way too hard even for relatively short flights). Cabin crew pleasant and drinks / snacks ok. On return journey Lufthansa had another delayed flight back to Manchester with plenty of seats still available that would have got me home much earlier than my booked flight, but their 'customer service' staff in Munich wouldn't entertain allowing me on it, that would be far too helpful for them. All in all nothing special for the price, far too inflexible / not focussed on customers and I'll avoid Lufthansa in future for that reason.

Lufthansa Customer review :  23 October 2014 by T Noone    (Germany)

Rating 5/10

I recently flew on Luthansa Flight LH414 (Munich to Washington D.C.). Plane was good but the service was marginal. Flight service was very rushed. One got the impression that they wanted to get everything done quickly so that they could sit in the back and talk which this is what they did. I sat in the last row of the plane.

Lufthansa Customer review :  23 October 2014 by Lekon Niels    (Germany)

Rating 9/10

Flew with a A330 from Munich to NYC (JFK airport). It was a pleasant trip. Comfortable seats, nice and very helpful flight attendants. Unlike e.g. British Airways which I have used for my last two trips to North America the catering on board was great. Additional water or juice e.g. was served regularly. The snack before landing consisted of Weißwurst Pralinen and a Laugenbrötchen which was very delicious. I asked for an extra portion which I got without any hesitation. They would have thrown away any leftover food anyway so I thought eating another portion would be better as it was extremely good. The only downside to the flight was that the aircraft engines are quite loud compared to other aircraft's. Also, the choice of films could have been better. Overall I was very satisfied.

Lufthansa Customer review :  23 October 2014 by Matthias Ullrich    (Germany)

Rating 9/10

LH494, MUC-YYZ. Airbus A330-300 (333) V1 (re-vamped interior with the new LH biz class seats), seated in eco, emergency row 30, window seat pair. Status customer with LH (senator), travelling with partner. Ground service (baggage drop-off, lounge etc.) seamless as always. Sky service attentive, quick, quiet, very professional, little kids of other passengers, and elderly passengers, all taken care of with help. Sky catering as good as you can expect in eco, little treats added to the overall good level. New version of LH safety script at taxiing is much improved, easy-to-understand, delivered at the right, slow pace w/o becoming dragging and boring. Also no bothering bold music during take-off/landing times, as with some other *A carriers. Overall, LH manifests that they are of course not the cheapest, but they quietly excel in numerous details by those few percent compared to others. You just feel that little bit less worn after an LH eco long-haul, as you might do after one with other carriers.

Lufthansa Customer review :  23 October 2014 by Thomas Pornschlegel    (Germany)

Rating 10/10

Excellent lounge at IAD with pre-flight meals. Direct boarding of the aircraft from there. Unobtrusive, friendly service. Excellent sleeping comfort in the first class cabin.

Lufthansa Customer review :  21 October 2014 by T Mahr    (Germany)

Rating 2/10

Just off LH2051 TXL-MUC. Probably ranks as one of the worst flights ever - no welcome onboard, plane totally full, however no help from crew in stowing luggage - busy chatting among themselves. Pilot eventually told us they would delay the flight if we did not manage to stow baggage ourselves. Rude and snotty service inflight with no smiles. Seats uncomfortable and too short. In addition to that all flight delayed as usual. LH is going downhill.

Lufthansa Customer review :  13 October 2014 by Svensson Dan    (Sweden)

Rating 9/10

Excellent service and customer focus on the flight LH474 to Montreal. Quick and fast check in and boarding. Flight departure was delayed due to technical problem with luggage room with 1 hour, but was partly caught up during the trip. Good and continuous information about the repair status by the flight officers.

Lufthansa Customer review :  13 October 2014 by A Bergmann    (Austria)

Rating 9/10

Flight LH 409, Newark to Dusseldorf in September. Flight was operated by an older A340-300, which was in very good condition and had nice inflight entertainment on big personal screens (much better than on Lufthansa's A330s at the moment). IFE featured loads of movies and fancy stuff such as real time speed / altitude. Flight departed about 1 hour late. Nevertheless, I could easily catch my connection to Vienna. Food was alright, could have been a little more, though. Drinks were always available. Cabin crew did a great job, very friendly and professional. Seat comfort was good for Economy Class, enough legroom and I like the 2-4-2 seating. Changing in Dusseldorf was very convenient (small distances and a nice airport). I'm usually very satisfied with Lufthansa.

Lufthansa Customer review :  13 October 2014 by A Palomo    (UK)

Rating 8/10

BHX to Munich via Frankfurt and Munich to Birmingham inbound. Could not fault the flights I had with them. Service was very good and cabin crew attentive. Travelled with two friends for the Oktoberfest who were both 6ft 6in and I am below 6 ft. Both of my tall friends had no complaints with the legroom. Baggage arrived on time. All in all flights had been hassle-free. Only downside is lack of entertainment but for a short flight it was barely noticeable. Will definitely fly with them again.

Lufthansa Customer review :  13 October 2014 by J Braun    (Austria)

Rating 9/10

FRA-JFK, 747-8 in First Class. Truly First Class experience all the way, from the exclusive feel of the FCT at Frankfurt, limo to the plane and then a very warm and professional welcome from the fantastic crew. Cabin 7/8 full. Seats 1A and 1K are great for people traveling together although not the most private. Beautifully elegant cabin, comfortable seat/bed and simply wonderful service. Only the food was disappointing - nothing special and poorly presented. Excellent wines. Bags first off at JFK and off the plane and through Customs within 20 minutes! Would definitely fly again.

Lufthansa Customer review :  13 October 2014 by Uwe Günther    (Switzerland)

Rating 9/10

FRA-LAX and return. New business class is very comfortable and Lufthansa crew is always friendly. Food was also good, generous portions and very varied. Only downside on LH is the entertainment system. They could add more recent movies to their list.

Lufthansa Customer review :  13 October 2014 by Andal Raghavan    (USA)

Rating 1/10

My wife flew on 10/6/2014 from Newark NJ on Flight LH 403 to Frankfurt and from Frankfurt to Chennai, India on Lufthansa LH758. For health reasons, my wife needs a wheelchair as she has trouble walking. We requested a wheelchair for her at the Newark, Frankfurt and Chennai airports. Everything was fine in Newark NJ. However, when she arrived at Frankfurt, no wheelchair was provided. Lufthansa staff advised her there was no wheelchair and to walk slowly. When my wife told them she can hardly walk and carry the carry-on luggage, they ignored her. Finally, one Lufthansa staff walked her to the bus to the next flights terminal, but she did not help in any way. Seeing my wife’s inability to move the carry-on, another kind passenger helped her. When she arrived at her terminal, she had to wait for the cart to drive her to her gate. Lufthansa staff needs to be trained in customer service, especially service to individuals who need assistance. These flights are not inexpensive, and there is no excuse for this type of rude and incompetent service.

Lufthansa Customer review :  9 October 2014 by Stephan Wismann    (Canada)

Rating 4/10

Entertainment System and reading lamp didn't work and this is not the first time. I traveled 7 times this year between Canada and Germany with Lufthansa and 3 times the entertainment system at my seat was broken. Especially on such a long overseas flight, it is unacceptable!

Lufthansa Customer review :  13 October 2014 by John Comissiong    (Germany)

Rating 2/10

3 of 4 flight segments this year have all been delayed. The last one being this morning from BCN-FRA over 30 minutes late. On the outbound FRA-BCN economy passengers were served half of a sandwich. That's how far LH has sunk now.

Lufthansa Customer review :  9 October 2014 by Olle Olerup    (Sweden)

Rating 4/10

Lufthansa flight LH763 from Delhi to Munich, October 4th 2014. Out-dated and worn business class seats. Possible to recline fully, but narrow. Really close to non-existent service. Despite few passengers in business class very slow and inattentive service. After initial take-off beverages no more drink service of water or anything else. Food quality like in a cheap charter flight. No one of the staff bothered to serve a quick breakfast to those passengers who wanted to sleep a bit longer, not even a cup of coffee.

Lufthansa Customer review :  9 October 2014 by Edwin Eisenberg    (USA)

Rating 1/10

Flight 427, PHL to Frankfurt on August 23 2014. This flight was supposed to have new business class. The video was non-functional and my seat would not operate properly. We were in 4A and 4C. At the end of the flight the flight attendant found a large water bottle in the mechanism inside the seat cushion. Headphones were loose attached to the console and not in separated plastic bags. Drinks were horrible. The flight attendants were nice. The stewardess told us at the end of the flight that planes were switched in Frankfurt.Our flight from Frankfurt to Athens was on a 321 airbus. Business class was 3 thin coach seats with no one in the middle seat.

Lufthansa Customer review :  6 October 2014 by V Ladhani    (Germany)

Rating 7/10

TXL-FRA-RIX: Both the legs were operated by A321. Crew were pleasant on both the flights especially that onwards to RIX. They were lively, willing to help and didn't mind making small talk with passengers. Like all LH flights, even this one was refitted with Recaro seats and ceiling attached TV. Passengers were served muesli bars on first leg and on the second leg, yoghurt dip with freshly chopped fruits - this is what disappoints me as LH takes pride in being full service airline. Previously they at least served freshly baked bread rolls and sandwiches. LH should really reconsider on snacks they serve as I believe 120 mins are enough to serve a proper small meal although the crew is saving grace and made several drink rounds. I have travelled extensively on different airlines and wouldn't hesitate to suggest LH to up their game.

Lufthansa Customer review :  2 October 2014 by Lutz Reinhart    (Romania)

Rating 10/10

LH 465, 9/21/2014. Lufthansa provided excellent value, a very pleasant flight experience and great professional staff from pilots to cabin crew! It is always a pleasure to fly with Lufthansa because their crew really values you and gives you the best flight experience possible. The cabin crew were very responsive. The seats were comfortable. There is none of the nickel-and-diming miserliness other airlines seem to specialize in. The service is prompt, courteous, and generous!

Lufthansa Customer review :  2 October 2014 by Christian Streuber    (Germany)

Rating 3/10

LH 464. The plane was changed between flight booking and the flight itself, therefore all passengers (especially families) could not sit together as originally planned. Everything was mixed up. The way the flight attendants worked with this was not very helpful. Many children were on this flight. The flight back was much better. Nevertheless I would book Lufthansa again.

Lufthansa Customer review :  2 October 2014 by Eelco van den Heuvel    (The Netherlands)

Rating 9/10

DUS-LHR-DUS. One of the last LH-routes out of Dusseldorf, because LH has transferred almost all European and domestic flights to Germanwings. That's a pity because once again LH showed why it's a great airline. Friendly staff -ground and air - and a very punctual performance on both legs. Tasty sandwich, two drinks and reasonable comfort on the A320. A little more expensive than the LCC's but it's worth it. LH stays my favourite airline. And once again Dusseldorf airport is a breeze.

Lufthansa Customer review :  2 October 2014 by J Busse    (Canada)

Rating 9/10

AC 9433 - LH476 on Tuesday, Sep 23rd 2014. Innovative food. Good service. Generous inflight entertainment. Seat is as uncomfortable as everybody else's in economy.

Lufthansa Customer review :  29 September 2014 by Natalia Massingill    (USA)

Rating 3/10

LH436 from Krakow to Frankfurt, flight delay 1 hour due to bad weather in Frankfurt, end up missing connecting flight to Chicago by few minutes. Big confusion at the airport being sent from station to station 4 times before we finally got to ticket agent, than we waited 4 hours to get new flight out of Germany for next morning! Frankfurt to Dusseldorf to Chicago and again delay of 40 minutes and almost missed Chicago flight again, thank goodness the airport is small as we got on the plane at the last minute. Airbus is definitely more comfortable than the Boeing 747 - not enough leg room even for someone 5 ft 5, seats too narrow - misery for 9 hours. Staff very nice and pleasant.

© 1999-2013  Skytrax. All rights reserved.