Lucky Air Passenger Reviews and Lucky Air Customer Trip Reports

Add your Lucky Air Review

Lucky Air is not a Star ranked airline

Customer Review scoring : Lucky Air
3.O Star Rating: Fair

Lucky Air Customer review :  11 November 2013 by F Bonnefoy    (Canada)

I flew 3 times with Lucky Air (CTU-KMG/KMG-SYX/HAK-KMG) in fall 2013 when I was living in China. Overall experience, I give a 6/10. The crew was okay and the service too. 1 flight was delayed for 30 minutes due to mechanical problems, out of the 3 flights. Otherwise, can't complain, it's a Chinese low cost airline for me, so it was relatively cheap to fly with them, so don't expect much. I flew 2 times with an Airbus A320-200 and 1 time with a Boeing 737-800. The inside is basic, no personal TV, the Lucky Air Magazine is all in mandarin but they give you a lunch box with snacks/water bottle for free. During my first flight, I was told by the steward to turn off my mobile phone during the flight even if it was on airplane mode. The crew speaks broken English but we can understand. If you want to travel cheap in mainland China, Lucky Air could be an option for you.

Lucky Air customer review :  10 October 2011 by S Poidevin (China)

Our flight was delayed, then cancelled in Qingdao with no reason given for several hours. Only after hours of complaining by irate passengers were we offered a hotel room for the night, a small refund for our troubles, and another flight out the next day. The next day, we were boarded on the plane and then it was delayed again for a half-hour as "something was repaired" and they waited for some document to arrive. Once in the air, the flight was uneventful and crew were helpful and courteous.

Lucky Air customer review :  1 December 2010 by K Chiang   (USA)

I've ridden Lucky Air before and have usually enjoyed their service until today. However, not only did they fail to notify passengers of a weather delay (the notification came 3 hours after they knew about the delay,e) but their customer service reps on the phone were also unhelpful. They blame either the passengers (they should have known to call the airline to inquire if their flight was delayed) or the airport personnel (they didn't know to notify the passengers of the delay even if the information was already sent out to the computers). Due to this terrible experience, I will never buy Lucky Air tickets again.

Lucky Air customer review :  27 July 2010 by Giovanni Boselli

Customer Rating : 5/5

Shangri-La to Kunming. New 737-800, crew spoke good English and did a great job.

Lucky Air customer review :  20 December 2008 by S Hagenberg

Customer Rating : 5/5

Nanjing to Kunming on a new B737. As I was sitting in in seat 1F, had a lot of legroom. Cabin crew was excellent. I was served a tasty dish on the 3 hour flight. For the return flight the ground staff (Ticketing Desk) in Kunming was outstanding.

Lucky Air customer review :  19 March 2008 by Nick Deng

Customer Rating : 4/5

Overall, it is a 3 star airline but considering the price for tickets, would give it a four star. When I bought the tickets, I thought it was budget airline. A three hour flight from Kunming to Nanjing only cost me 45 USD. But aircraft were new and there was free meal. The quality of the food and beverage was average.

Lucky Air customer review :  16 March 2008 by G Price

Customer Rating : 4/5

Used this airline for an internal flight in China last October, from Kunming to Lijiang, and just had to take some photos etc, but not a joke - crisp new airline with latest Boeings, smart logos etc. Short flight, but adequate English used and friendly crew.