Lion Air Passenger Reviews and Lion Air Customer Trip Reports

Add your Lion Air Review

Lion Air 2-Star Airline Ranking

Lion Air
5.2 out of 10  5.2 out of 10

Lion Air Customer review :  29 August 2014 by Brian Pratama    (Indonesia)

Flown with Lion Air CGK-SIN-CGK on 22 and 24 respectively, using their (rather) new single isle Boeing 737-900. Flown with about almost 1.5 hours of delay for the return leg, but it is Changi, so I won't complain. What I notice about this airline is that they provide more (just a little more) room for International flights. Had no problem fitting in my legs (I am 184cm tall), a little cramped but nothing compared to my last CGK-DPS-CGK flight. That being mentioned, I can't actually say much about the level of comfort that I get from LCCs, you get what you pay! Now, lowering down my standard to the level of LCCs, Lion Air is a pleasant airline to fly with. What they can do to improve passenger satisfaction is to improve their punctuality. Lion Air has been the master of all delayed flights, and with their new 700 aircraft's in order, they can improve their means of operation too.

Lion Air Customer review :  16 April 2014 by Nuti Damrongphatr    (Singapore)

Bangkok (Don Mueang) - Hat Yai return with Thai Lion Air. A mix experience from pleasant to fair enough. Booking system and online check - in fine, their website is easy. Staff very friendly, polite and professional. Aircraft is brand new 737-900er with Sky interior, look nice and exit row are comfortable. On the return flight, my preferred seat request is refused despite it being available, regular seat are tight, cramp and very uncomfortable. Hot meal sold on board had run out , only instant noodle or snack available. Crew are apologetic with the problem and tried to accommodate other request. Punctuality is perfect. Expense wise, their fare are cheap and include all those miscellaneous cost (eg. tax and VAT), 15kgs load luggage free. Will not hesitate to fly them again at this cost and level of service.

Lion Air Customer review :  31 March 2014 by Tercon Bojan    (Singapore)

Not that I expect much from LCCs, however, my Lion Air flight from Bali to Yogyakarta was Bad. Terrible online system. Difficult to make payment with non-Indonesian credit card. Cannot select seats online and no online check-in. Disorganized at airport in Bali where they basically re-entered all the data while checking in. Delayed flights. Onboard, the absolute smallest legroom I've ever seen. Thankfully there are some positives as well: they have new 737-900ER's with Sky Interiors, the flights are short and cheap, and flight attendants have nice uniforms accompanied by wonderful smiles. For the rest, they have a lot of work to do to be able to compete with Air Asia.

Lion Air Customer review :  18 March 2014 by A Kusnierczak    (Thailand)

It was nice journey onboard Thai Lion Air (SL8201) on route Kuala Lumpur to Bangkok Don Mueang. New Boeing 737-900 had not enough legroom but it was quite nice. The problem was that our flight was delayed about 1,5 h and there was no any announcement about it. Another problem is that during booking I couldn't choose my seat or check-in online. Price was very affordable. I will recommend and choose Thai Lion Air again.

Lion Air Customer review :  24 October 2013 by Damon Goodman-Anders    (UK)

Flying LionAir (operated by Wings Abadi Air) from Bali to Komodo Airport on 7th Oct. What an absolute nightmare! It started 3 days before trying to re-confirm my flight with them as it has been booked 9 months earlier from the UK and I had an email advising slight schedule change the day earlier. We arrive at Bali airport to be met with chaos at check in, most disorganised airline ever (and I have travelled many times in the Far East and Africa). It took about an hour to get to the front of the queue, when we did the girl checking us in seemed to be having a few problems with the booking but eventually checked us in and took our baggage and issued our boarding passes. We arrive at the gate at the required time to be met again by chaos, it appeared all Lion Air and Wings Air flights go from this gate, I confirmed with desk clerk we were at the right gate and we sat down and waited, the boarding time arrived and past, I went back to the desk as we approached the departure time to again be told right gate, please wait! The departure time now had passed and it was about an hour past departure time, a few flights had been boarded but no news of ours, none of the departure boards were working so again I went up for a third time to find out what was happening, asked another person to be advised 'Flight Cancelled' and you have to go back to check in. I got the clerk to assist us back to the airline desk and we found out the flight had actually been cancelled the night before, they never should have checked us in and took our luggage. The airline were not able to rebook us either on to another flight, so we lost our trip to Komodo. The worst of it is we were not the only ones this had happened to, it appears other people had been checked in onto flights that had also been cancelled to other destinations. I would not recommend.

Lion Air Customer review :  24 October 2013 by W Wu    (Hong Kong)

Checked in the night before, it simply said schedule changed, and please call this number. Found out they had moved me onto the morning flight which was less than 12 hrs later. Now what would happen to people who do not online check-in, I hate to fathom. I received no email or text regarding this change. Arrived at the airport the next morning and explained that I had a whole day planned in Yogyharata and because of this flight change I also would now have a 14 hr transit (instead of 2) in Denpasar. I was reasonable and asked for use of a lounge in Denpasar to wait it out. The counter staff explained that there was nothing else they could do because they do not have a lounge in Denpasar. I simply left it and will do any further talking with my feet.

Lion Air Customer review :  22 August 2013 by E Maher    (Indonesia)

Arrived slightly late for this flight and was told it was on time and that check in had closed and I had to buy a new ticket. When I got to the gate I found out my original flight was in fact, late, but response was inadequate and uncaring. Boarding was late and when I finally got on I was told that the flight was full and I had to check in my carry on. When I told them I had a laptop in there, I was told to take it out and sit with the laptop on my lap. I asked for a bag to put my computer in but got nothing. We waited an additional hour on the runway with no explanation. When I asked the steward he said "I'm not sure, maybe it's because they're backed up". This was not the first time I've endured terrible delays and ridiculous responses from staff. I will never fly Lion again.

Lion Air Customer review :  29 July 2013 by Dave Egginton    (Indonesia)

Flew from DPS to Yogyakarta. Early morning flight boarding and take off on time. Smooth flight on a new B737. Requested exit row seat and was allocated this.

Lion Air Customer review :  11 July 2013 by Philip Crane    (Australia)

Lion Air (operated by Wings Air) Flight from Bali to Lombok was cancelled and then delayed for 6 hours. Check in and boarding processes were chaotic. Information updates were either non existent, met with shrugs, or told anything to keep us "satisfied". Similar experience on return flight but only 3.5 hours late. Avoid these two airlines at all costs.

Lion Air Customer review :  20 May 2013 by I Milono    (Indonesia)

Booked KUL-CGK route back in January 24th. Been flying with this airline numerous times before, but this was the first international flight. A few hours before my flight I decided to reschedule to Jan 25th due to some inevitable matters in KL, then I tried to call the local customer centre number. I managed to reschedule without much hassles, certainly with some additional fees (to be paid at the airport). The following day, I checked in at Lion Air kiosk in the airport, paid the fees and got my boarding pass. It is evidently cheaper than the infamous low-cost carrier Air Asia in some routes. Also worth noting that, being a low cost carrier, in KUL, Lion Air - unlike Air Asia and several others - remains a few (if not the only one) of its kind to land in KLIA satellite terminal (NOT LCCT), means it is accessible more conveniently from KL City Centre.

Lion Air Customer review :  31 January 2013 by David Tjan    (Netherlands)

Flew CGK to PAD on 29 January 2013. Terminal 1 departure. Terminal is old and has little to offer. Hot and humid, only departure area is AC but has far too few seats and was cramped, noisy and chaotic. Flight was delayed for almost 2 hours and no announcements were made. Flight even disappeared from the information board. Airline officials offered very little assistance and only told us to wait. Finally a stampede of rushing people as sign of boarding and also this time no announcement. No English information provided. Plane was new 737-800. Seats cramped but felt new. In my few very poor service. Its cheap but it comes with a lot of suffering.

Lion Air Customer review :  30 January 2013 by Sumani Koid    (Malaysia)

KUL-CGK-KUL. Excellent flight. The trip was smooth. As I am tall, I always like to ask for the aisle seat or the emergency seats. I always get my request. 3 times/day schedules which suits me fine. The airline leaves from KLIA proper, not from the low cost terminal in Malaysia.

Lion Air Customer review :  15 January 2013 by N Wilson    (UK)

Flew LOP-DPS-CGK 8th Jan. Arrived LOP at 12 for flight - delayed 2.5 hours, no announcement or reason given. Told my bag would be transferred in DPS to go direct to CGK. Land in DPS 15.00 for my CGK flight at 15.00, run to check in desk - flight delayed until 15.20. Explain I have an international Qatar flight to Doha at 18.25, told my bag was made priority to come off first and ground staff would be there to assist me when I landed. Land at 15.00 in terminal 3, need to get to terminal 2. No one waiting to assist me, another 6 people in the same situation. Took 10 mins for several staff members to understand what's going on and help. Waited at terminal 2 for bags but never turned up. Forced to take Qatar flight without luggage. Check in your bags at your own risk.

Lion Air Customer review :  11 January 2013 by T Mulya    (USA)

DPS-CGK. Departure hall at DPS was very chaotic due to the construction of the new airport. Lion Air ground staff very unorganized. Seats were narrow with literally no legroom whatsoever and I am only 5 ft 9. We did not have any other options on this route due to high season but I would have flown to SIN or other destination and then reach Jakarta instead. They have newer aircraft's in their fleet, several Boeing 737-900ER so overall cabin was still very clean. That would be the only plus I can summarize from my experience.

Lion Air Customer review :  25 December 2012 by Chelsea Belleau    (Canada)

Arrived to the airport for check in with Lion Air, we needed some assistance with the visa process for Vietnam and we were basically told there was nothing that we could do, but miss our flight and try to switch our flight to another time. We decided to do some research ourselves, when we realized there was a way to catch our original timed flight. The crew members were extremely rude and didn't want to help us resolve our problem. Once we figured things out for ourselves and then ran to board the plane, we found out the flight was delayed 2.5 hours. The lack of customer service and disorganization has made us lose any hope we had in flying with Lion Air.

Lion Air customer review :  3 December 2012 by Kerry Manoppo   (Indonesia)

Flew on Lion Air both legs, Surabaya-Jakarta-Surabaya. Both flights were on time, even early. For me, whose height 180 cm, Lion Air's seat pitch was not that bad, comfortable enough. Check-in staff were fast and friendly. I did city check in. Since they have a large number of flights to almost all Indonesian cities, and a high frequencies on their routes, I will strongly recommend to fly on Lion Air for domestic trip.

Lion Air customer review :  14 November 2012 by I Milono   (Indonesia)

Have used Lion Air several times on domestic flights. It's a budget airline, so cheap prices. Facilities, as you'd might expect, are quite standard for low cost carrier: no onboard complimentary meals, no IFE, cramped seat pitch (unless for several seats along the emergency exits), narrow aisles, and needless to say, chaotic upon boarding and unboarding as it is often full. Flight itself sometimes experiences delays but usually departs and arrives on time. FAs, in general are quite friendly. If you have a rather limited budget, this airline is worth considering for travel among Indonesian cities.

Lion Air customer review :  4 October 2012 by Rob Wood   (Indonesia)

Jakarta to Singapore. Have flown this route both ways frequently and usually end up with Lion Air as they're the cheapest after you've factored in the extras with competing LCCs. Appreciate that what they say on the website is what you pay. Plane was quite new B737-900 with dreadfully cramped seats. No IFE or anything to eat or drink, which was not a problem with a 1 hr 40m approx flight. Check-in at Jakarta Airport was swift. Flight was more or less on time and I will definitely use Lion again while they keep their prices as they are.

Lion Air customer review :  21 August 2012 by B Vincent   (Australia)

DPS-JOG return. Outbound we had one of the new 737-900ERs with mood lighting, on return an older model. Both ways I was given an exit row seat which was much appreciated - standard seating is 28 inch pitch. Both flights were absolutely on time. Was tempted by Air Asia's new and slightly cheaper service, but Lion Air's schedule (leave early morning, return late evening) suited better. No complaints.

Lion Air customer review :  7 August 2012 by Tia Traynor   (UK)

Jakarta - Manado. I would try avoid travelling with Lion Air if I could. Luckily, my flight was on time. Flight attendants were not friendly at all. It was a bit like a market up there when they were selling food and as they didn't really control how many cabin bags you can take, they were hardly any space to put my one bag in the cabin.

Lion Air customer review :  26 July 2012 by Yulius G Kusuma   (Indonesia)

Balikpapan-Manado, 18 July 2012. New Fleet, B737-800ER, nice interior. Departure and arrival was on time. The service was standard. I always choose a seat near emergency door. Cabin crew handling was nice.

Lion Air customer review :  23 July 2012 by Yudha Fitriansyah   (Indonesia)

PLM - CGK with Boeing 737-900ER . Cheap ticket prices. Departure on time. Friendly cabin crew. Distance between the seat is quite narrow. No in-flight snacks.

Lion Air customer review :  5 July 2012 by Therry Kristiadi   (Indonesia)

CGK to UPG on June 17th 2012. Booking was good. It was an average experience, yes the plane was good (737-900ER with Boeing sky interior), seat pitch was okay. I have no issue with the "no f&b flight". It was the worst landing I've experienced. On the return flight, on board the older 737-900ER, seat pitch was poor and the landing was just the same as before.

Lion Air customer review :  7 June 2012 by Riazy Aulia Ramadhan Harahap   (Indonesia)

CGK-SIN return. Cheapest fares compare to competitors with 20kg baggage allowance. delayed for 20 to 30 mins for both legs without any reason or announcement. Online check-in not available for international flights. Got brand new 737-900ER for both legs. Seat pitch quite tight, BoB very limited, FA's just doing their job and the inflight magazine is the only thing to entertain you.

Lion Air customer review :  25 April 2012 by Ardhi Hidayat   (Malaysia)

Medan to Padang. Flight attendants very polite, I was able to choose a seat with online check-in, however their fleet is quite old (737-400). Flight from Jakarta to Kuala Lumpur (737-900, new fleet), you can not do online check-in for an international flight, so I arrived at the airport early. Service and landing at KLIA was good.

Lion Air customer review :  5 March 2012 by Patrick Alexander   (Indonesia)

Lion Air 8pm flight Bengkulu to Jakarta March 2. Flight 2.5 hours late leaving. No announcements, had to ask for constantly changing information. No compensation, when one customer complained and at last minute Padang food appeared with no implements to eat and way too late. Onboard they briefly apologized as flight late for "operational reasons". My understanding is this is a common occurrence for this flight. This airline has no customer care or communications capability.

Lion Air customer review :  2 March 2012 by E Valega   (Indonesia)

SUB-SIN and SIN-SUB. Cheap price, since it's a new route, with high load factor. Cramped seats for SIN bound flights, and spacious seat on return flight in emergency exit row and bulkhead, which you can ask for free. Only snacks and mineral water offered at expensive prices, and crews only provide immigration cards during the flight. Airline's magazine is only form of entertainment.

Lion Air customer review :  16 February 2012 by T Nelson   (Indonesia)

Jakarta to Tarakan via Balikpapan. Seat pitch is the smallest I have seen on any airline. Boarding in Jakarta was from both the front door and rear door. They have assigned seats, so people boarding from the rear door were trying to move up to the front of the plane. Needless to say this is impossible. The amount of pushing and shoving is brutal. Left 23 minutes late due to boarding. Inflight nothing is offered on a 2+ hour flight. Flight attendants are young and stay in the galley with the curtain closed. The 737-900ER holds over 225 people. They only have 3 toilets - that's it.

Lion Air customer review :  21 January 2012 by Ifan Santosa   (Indonesia)

Jakarta-Kuala Lumpur and Singapore-Jakarta. Check-in crews were okay. Most announcements were recorded, no meal or drink. A choice of orange juice or water would be appreciated. Seat was very hard, magazine onboard boring and crews weren't interested in serving passengers. The only good thing is the value of money (if you buy tickets early).

Lion Air customer review :  3 January 2012 by P Waskito   (Indonesia)

CGK-SIN-CGK. The seat was terrible with very little leg room, the FA's disappeared during the flight, no presence at all, and the toilet was dirty. On the way back to Jakarta, the air conditioner was extremely cold, however, the mood lighting gave a little comfort and that was the only positive thing I took from the flight.

Lion Air customer review :  26 November 2011 by Barbara Cowcill   (Australia)

Mataram Lombok to Denpasar. We arrived at the airport 15.00 for our 17.40 flight and according to staff and the monitors, the flight was on time. As the departure time passed, passengers went to check-in staff and asked what was happening, we were informed the flight would be delayed and would depart at 22.15. No reason given for the delays. 22.15 came and still no sign of a flight. At 22.50 I went to the check-in staff and demanded to know what was happening. Nobody knew and they informed us the flight must have been cancelled and we would probably be taken to Denpasar the following morning. Finally a time came in at 00.15am some 10 hrs after we had checked in. I am angry that staff did not keep us informed of what was happening and still today we do not know why the plane was delayed more than 8 hours. Extremely poor service by not only Lion Air but the ground staff as well.

Lion Air customer review :  29 September 2011 by A Casley   (Indonesia)

Jakarta to Solo trip was horrible. Drinks are not given but sold, they aren't cold and they don't serve the drinks with ice either. Extremely loud announcements, no entertainment. The plane was pretty dirty and my seat pocket didn't have the magazine. In my row, only one seat pocket had a magazine.

Lion Air customer review :  9 September 2011 by K Sobkowski   (USA)

SIN-CGK-MDC. Flights on time. Brand new planes, nice looking interior. They accept US issued credit cards unlike other carriers. 20 kg of luggage is included in the price of ticket.

Lion Air customer review :  7 September 2011 by Yi Shiang   (Singapore)

SIN-CGK-SIN. Booking is to the point. Unlike other carriers offering you - upgrades for baggage allowance, better seat, inflight meal and so on. 1hr delay is normal especially in CGK on evening flight. Seat pocket is dirty and not cleaned from the previous leg. Overall recommended if what you are looking for is just to get from point A to point B.

Lion Air customer review :  30 August 2011 by KS Lee   (Singapore)

Manado to Makassar and to Jakarta. Nothing was offered on the first leg, not even a cup of water. We did not see the crew at all. On the 2nd leg only 1 cup of water given and a small selection of snacks for sale after that. Again your don't see the crew at all after distribution of items. Disembarkation through the rear exit, while the stewardess stood leaning against the wall with her arms folded. The only good thing about the flight and airline was that it was on time, the seating was really very cramped.

Lion Air customer review :  19 August 2011 by J Sadli   (UK)

CGK-DPS-CGK. They take you from A to B and that's it. Web check-in was not functioning. Last minute change on departure gate. Delays seems to be normal when flying with them, the only positive was the cheap fare.

Lion Air customer review :  8 August 2011 by Syed Zainal Abidin   (Malaysia)

My trip from Changi to Jakarta was pleasant, I choose the seat near the emergency door and the leg stretch is very good. The trip back was nice and smooth, it is a no gimmick airline. For me you've got what you pay.

Lion Air customer review :  7 June 2011 by Bobby Davidson   (Indonesia)

Pangkal Pinang (Bangka) to Jakarta, what should be a one-hour flight. Flight delayed by 4.5 hours and almost no information given. I eventually found out that the plane was still in Jakarta awaiting the pilot. After a one-hour delay we were given chicken and rice (horrid if you're a vegetarian, but that's Indonesia for you!). After that, nothing - not even a word about compensation. The staff were fine onboard - it's the management who need a serious shake- up if they think a 4.5 hour delay for a 1-hour flight is in any way acceptable.

Lion Air customer review :  27 May 2011 by Justin Morley   (UK)

JOG to Lombok via SUB and DPS. Flights operated by Wings air, new ATR planes, good staff, no food for sale as flights just over 1 hour. All flights on time. Very clean planes.

Lion Air customer review :  17 March 2011 by J Tan   (Singapore)

SIN-SGN on new 737-900ER. Flight wasn't full. Small snack box with a bun and cake provided plus a drink. After clearing stewardess no where to be seen. Little regards to safety with mobile phones ringing in mid flight. Flight departed on time and arrived with minimal fuss. Good thing is it departs from Terminal 1 in Singapore.

Lion Air customer review :  15 January 2011 by M Elizabeth   (UK)

Flew with Lion few times while I was in Indonesia for holiday. CGK-MDC, MDC-DPS-MDC. It wasn't a very good experience checking-in at Soekarno Hatta, crowded and very unorganised! Could hardly move and food wasn't included. Flights were on time though which was a good thing. It wasn't a bad experience but wasn't the best either.

Lion Air customer review :  14 January 2011 by Ivan Jayawan   (Singapore)

SIN-CGK on new B737-900. Booking was good, website efficient and easy. Flight was delayed for about 45 minutes without any notice. During take off and landing, there is one passenger who never set his seat upright and FAs don't bother to remind him. Seat pitch very poor. Baggage claim at CGK is a havoc. Baggage carousel is changed without any notice and a very long time to have your baggage on the belt.

Lion Air customer review :  22 November 2010 by Emerson Manibo   (Indonesia)

Flight Jakarta to Bali was 2 hours delayed. Return flight 3 hours delayed. I tried to call their service center several times but no one answers the phone. No notification of delays until you get to the airport. Time is extremely important when traveling. It is obvious that despite their reasonably low fares, they don't care for their customers. I will never fly this airline again.

Lion Air customer review :  3 July 2010 by K Casey   (Australia)

Jakarta-Jogya wasn't a pleasant experience. Plane 1hour late - no info/announcements. Departure lounge overflowing with passengers from 3 late Lion flights. Plane (B737) dirty and shabby with indifferent cabin crew (no checks to see bags properly stowed, seats upright for landing/take off etc). Website is good but this doesn't make up for other problems.

Lion Air customer review :  9 May 2010 by F Wilson   (------)

First pro is their web site, very easy and no hidden costs the spring up as you progress into the booking process. Aircraft mostly new and clean with friendly staff. Flight service is limited, seat pitch 28" for coach and 32 for business. Very tight, however was on request was given a long leg seat with a smile and no charge.

Lion Air customer review :  10 August 2009 by Jurgen Julio   (Indonesia)

CGK - Lombok, DPS - CGK on new 737-900. Using the domestic terminal in Jakarta, it was pretty hectic. One thing that bothered me, the crew did not check the name on the boarding pass with our ID. The flight to Lombok was delayed for an hour while we were onboard. Seats and service were decent, since we were using the old plane. Getting back from Bali to Jakarta was terrible. Using the new B737-900, the seats was seriously tight - have never flown any plane with seats that uncomfortable.

LION AIR review : 15 March 2009 : by D Djamal

Customer Rating : 1/5

1 Star Rating

CGK-DEN-CGK. CGK-DEN delayed by 2 hours to 11am due to technical problems, so Lion Air gave a lunch box - not bad, but not appetizing. I went to the Manager on Duty to ask for an earlier flight on another airline (as I was planning to return the same day) but they couldn't find a seat on another airline. When I reminded her that Garuda had a flight leaving soon, she said she didn't check with Garuda. They were definitely overwhelmed with complaints. The seat was the most uncomfortable seat I've ever been on. I'm only 171cm (5'7") but my knees touched the seat in front of me. No service onboard, not even a glass of water or anybody going around the cabin selling anything. If they dont improve the service, I wont use them anymore.

LION AIR review : 13 March 2009 : by D Maulana

Customer Rating : 2/5

2 Star Rating

DPS-CGK new B737-900. The aircraft condition, although it is brand new but dirty, many spots on the leather seat, trash on the carpet, which shows that they do not clean it properly. FA only did the safety demonstration, do the snack & drinks selling, and the rest of the flight they chit chat on the pantry. Some of the FA announcement are recorded. Another things, some passengers are still doing some activity while the fasten seat belt sign is on and the FA did not warn the passenger to go back to their seat. I believe that Lion Air should upgrade their services and FA skills/knowledge.

LION AIR review : 1 December 2008 : by D Booth

4 Star Rating

CGK to KUL return. Didn't expect much as had poor experiences with Lion in the past, but was pleasantly surprised. Check-in very orderly, both flights arrived absolutely on time and the fare was very competitive indeed. No food or IFE. Everything else was no-frills - but seats are allocated and flight operates to the proper passenger terminal at KUL and not the awful LCCT, so I'd say that Lion has the edge over the other low-cost operator on this route, Air Asia.

LION AIR review : 21 November 2008 : by M Widjaja

Customer Rating : 3/5

3 Star Rating

SIN - CGK one way, flight on time with new B737-900ER. Seat pitch was very tight (around 28") - very hard to sit and move around. The 1.5hr journey was like a shuttle bus - no services and you cannot even purchase any foods or drinks. FAs were attentive as call button answered immediately.

LION AIR review : 24 October 2008 : by Jimmy Leong

4 Star Rating

SIN-DPS-SIN, both flights using the new B737-900ER. Cabin clean, bright and airy. I was impressed that food (hot meal, dessert, and salad - all served on a tray) + drinks were served for both flights. Pity that load factor for both legs was less than 40% and no inflight entertainment was offered at all. It's a great flying experience overall.

LION AIR review : 27 August 2008 : by Jeff Sim

4 Star Rating

Singapore-Bali on new 737-900. Low fare with Good Service. Seat a bit hard, Food provided is enough but not nice. Return Flight delay about 50 min. Overall still satisfied with Lion Air.

LION AIR review : 12 August 2008 : by David Cox

Customer Rating : 3/5

3 Star Rating

JOG - CGK. I guess this airline is fair. Our flight was cancelled and the flight we were put onto was about 3 hours late (it was due to leave about 2 hours before our flight). But, they were very efficient in transferring us onto another flight. They even got everybody a donut and water. So full credit to the Jogjakarta customer services.

LION AIR review : 15 July 2008 : by Kerry Manoppo

Customer Rating : 5/5

5 Star Rating

DPS-CGK-DPS. Both legs using new Boeing 737-900 ER. Departed on-time, even early. Cabin was clean. No more free drink. All foods and drinks are for purchase. Seat pitch quite tight. Overall, I was satisfied flying on Lion Air.

LION AIR review : 20 June 2008 : by Tyler Thia

Customer Rating : 0/5

0 Star Rating

SIN-DPS-SIN on 737-900ER. Latest entrant on the 'prized' route and had to take advantage of low fares not available for past two years. Single class cabin, seats rather hard, but typical of such carriers, slight recline, snack box and free drinks provided. Returning flight at 12am was delayed for 2 hours, ground staff provided mini dinner snack box which most passengers left untouched. Delay was informed upon check in. Cabin crew pleasant, call button answered almost immediately, drinks requests tended to quickly. The major difference between Lion and the rest of the budget carriers is that they do not hawk duty free sales, so once meal service is completed, passengers are left undisturbed. Both flights not completely full, despite the very attractive fares. One reason could be due to the bad publicity Indonesian carriers have been receiving. Extremely value-for-money service, something we should not take for granted in these times.

Lion Air - by David Schwalbe

26 February 2006

Padang-Jakarta sector - airline seems more like a shuttle. No food was provided , but the ubiquitous water cup which you get on every public transport in Indonesia.

Lion Air - by Rachel Ong

21 October 2005

The service was good compared to other value airlines. The food served was enough, and I was contented. I really think that the airline was indeed perfect and more preferable to me.