LAN Airlines Customer Reviews and LAN Airlines Passenger Trip Reports

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

LAN Airlines customer travel guide

LAN Airlines Customer review :  17 September 2012 by Martin Dotti    (USA)

Flew from Santiago to Los Angeles on the A320 and B767. The service was good, flight attendants were very friendly, the planes were clean. Overall it was good.

LAN Airlines Customer review :  2 October 2012 by P Meier    (Switzerland)

GVA-MAD-GYE in Economy. Flight on time, plane was new, seat was ok but nothing special. Cabin crew not particularly friendly, inflight meal have become poorer since last year, the quality and quantity of food is not the same as in the past. In between meals no one shows up with some drinks to offer, you can stand up and grab a drink yourself after walking down the plane until your reach the galley where the cabin crew were reading and chatting. Inflight entertainment is great. Had to pay for extra baggage because only one bag of 23kg is included in the Economy ticket. The price LAN charge me for that extra bag was double than Iberia charged me in the GVA-MAD-GYE leg, and that price LAN charged me is in my opinion too high.

My friends and I were going to Peru from Miami. At the last minute we were told the flight from Miami to Lima was cancelled. We were taken to a hotel and checked in at 12.30am but had to be in the Lobby at 3am for a 5am flight. When we arrived in Lima we were told our connecting flight to Cuzco had also been cancelled and were again taken to a hotel to be up at 4am for a 6am Flight. The result was we lost a full day our trip and when we finally arrived in Cuzco we were exhausted. The worst part was that we later learned that 2 airplanes full of passengers had left Miami, we had just been bumped!

LAN Airlines Customer review :  14 August 2012 by C Parra    (Chile)

PMC-SCL return. Booking by Internet as well as payment and check in, no complication. The day I was travelling I arrived too early to the airport, I asked crew if I could fly early, no problem and I flew 90 minutes early, plane came from Punta Arenas, my seat was covered with crumbs, crew didn't gave us earphones, snack was just the same salty and sweet cookies always given, but the variety of beverages was good. Return flight - not long queue to check baggage but few people attending made it slow, FA's always smiling and very nice.

LAN Airlines Customer review :  3 August 2012 by J Bacallado    (Spain)

SCL-AEP. Check in at Santiago was fast, premium area great. Lounge ok. Boarding on time and organized. On board, seat comfortable. A319. Flight departed and arrived on time. Crew great.

LAN Airlines Customer review :  26 July 2012 by C Parra    (Chile)

SCL-IPC return on Boeing 767. Check in online very easy, long queue at airport the day of the flight, but quick. Plane comfortable, tidy, the seat next to me empty so more space, food just edible. Not many options for breakfast, entertainment system very good, FA's smiled and attentive, offered an extra round of beverages before landing. Decent toilets, a little chaotic delivery of baggage at Easter Island, return flight delayed 6 hours. Return flight as good as the other.

LAN Airlines Customer review :  26 July 2012 by Pedro Chavez    (Peru)

LAN Airlines Customer review :  26 July 2012 by Jack Johnson    (Peru)

LIM-SCL-LIM both flights were on a new 767. First flight was good but service was a bit cold but efficient. The return leg was excellent service was very good always warm and with a smile. IFE system on both flights was very good with a wide range of films, TV series and audio channels.

LIM-SCL-LIM in economy, very good flights, good inflight entertainment and seat comfort. Service on the first flight was fairly good but too cold but on the return flight service was very good always warm and with a smile. Meal services in both flights were fairly good.

LAN Airlines Customer review :  17 July 2012 by Trent Blomfield    (Australia)

I recently took 4 flights with LAN. Ushuaia to Buenos Aires, Sao Paulo to Lima, Lima to Santiago and Santiago to Buenos Aires. All flights were pretty good. Food wasn't spectacular but edible. Flight attendants were nice and friendly. The IFE was excellent and had a wide range of things showing. Would definitely recommend to anyone.

LAN Airlines Customer review :  10 July 2012 by K Vaitheeswaran    (Australia)

Flew SYD-SCL-EZE-LIM, GIG-SCL-SYD and LIM-CUZ-LIM-IGU fairly recently on A319, A320, A340 and B767 aircraft's. Despite some minor delays (long hauls), LAN and its South American partners did reasonably well. Food wasn't exemplary, but acceptable. Cabin crew were to be appreciated for their service on every sector.

LAN Airlines Customer review :  2 July 2012 by I Sanchez    (Spain)

Flight from Madrid to Frankfurt, June 28th. Plane was coming from Santiago. In the morning I received a phone call and sms announcing the delay of the plane (about 3 hours delay). Nice. Nevertheless, once in the plane, when getting to Frankfurt, the pilot says we're running out of fuel and Frankfurt airport is very busy, so instead we are to land in Dusseldorf to refuel. There we were. After refuelling, he informs us there's a curfew for our plane to take off. So instead we will be spending the night in a hotel and that there would be buses waiting for us to take us to the hotel. It took us a while to get our luggage, nearly 11 pm. No buses waiting. No company people to inform us (I understand LAN has no personnel there, but what does oneworld serve for, then?) Just got a train from Dusseldorf airport at 2:40 am and arrived in Frankfurt at 7am (on a personal choice and after paying it myself, obviously). Air hostesses were nice, food was ok and individual screen was good, but I'd rather use Lufthansa or Iberia next time.

LAN Airlines Customer review :  20 June 2012 by Torres Rhys    (Australia)

LAN Airlines Customer review :  14 June 2012 by F Ronchese    (New Zealand)

xt25">Catering

I travelled from Auckland to Santiago. It was a 12 hrs flight and I received only one meal. No offer of refreshments throughout the flight. All these to arrive in Santiago and find out that my connecting flight to Lima was cancelled. I paid a lot of money and expected good service. Lan did not provide it.

Economy from Wellington to AKL-SCL-LIM-Cusco return. Flights were on time, lanes modern and well maintained, seats comfortable, onboard personnel friendly and helpful. The only problem was the NZ part of the trip. LAN was let down by its codeshare agreement with Qantas who book domestics is unfortunate because, unlike Qantas, LAN provides a high quality service at an acceptable cost.

LAN Airlines Customer review :  13 June 2012 by Shanaka Gooneratne    (Australia)
Flew LA from SYD to SLC via AKL on a QF codeshare ticket. Flight was a clean A340-300 that was well maintained. Was assigned a bulk head seat with the seat next to me empty. Flight very punctual. Cabin Crew were excellent and well presented. Good Quality Entertainment on Demand. Food was good but nothing extra ordinary. Beverage selection on board was good. Good selection of snacks and drinks available on demand. Value for money and well recod height="21">

mmended.

LAN Airlines Customer review :  13 June 2012 by D Moll    (Australia)

LAN has the worst food and drink service I have ever experienced when traveling locally within Chile. I don't understand how a OneWorld airline can provide you for breakfast/lunch/dinner with the same mediocre snack: biscuits, cake/brownie and almonds/peanuts no matter where you fly and for how long. International flights are ok. Staff are nice and helpful.

LAN Airlines Customer review :  12 June 2012 by T Orr    (New Zealand)

AKL-SCL-LIM-CUZ return. First time flying with LAN and overall pleasantly surprised. Good legroom and seat comfort, friendly FAs, decent IFE and food/drink, really well-organised boarding processes. On the return leg we had a bit of a problem - we missed our LIM-SCL connection due to a scheduling change - but LAN staff in LIM couldn't have been more helpful. Booked us a really nice hotel, paid for lunch, dinner and breakfast and provided a private car and driver for us, and put us on a flight out the next day. We could have done without the delay but overall I was pleased with how it was handled. Will definitely use LAN again.

LAN Airlines Customer review :  12 June 2012 by Tony Locantro    (Australia)

Took four LAN short haul flights on 767, A320, and A319. Very impressed with flights, IFE, and service offered. On one flight from Mendoza to Buenos Aires I experienced my first missed approach and must commend the pilots and crew for their professionalism during some anxious moments. Passengers were kept well informed in both English/Spanish. LAN are not that far off Virgin/Qantas levesl for short haul although they could improve their inflight snacks through having the chocolate dominated boxes at more appropriate times.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8