LAN Airlines Customer Reviews and LAN Airlines Passenger Trip Reports

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

p class="text1">

LAN Airlines Customer review :  4 June 2013 by Geoff Abbott    (Australia)

Flew Santiago - Rio, then Sao Paulo-Santiago-Auckland in economy. All ok Santiago-Rio. Plane took off from Sao Paulo then had to go back due to a never-identified 'system' problem. Circled for 2 hours, stuck on tarmac and hour, then in the terminal, then back on plane, then cancelled. Ended up in shabby hotels at 2am in middle of Sao Paulo. Disorganised rebooking. Ordinary service bif" width="10" height="11">

Airline Reviews

Airline Seat Reviews

Airport Reviews

LAN Airlines Customer review :  6 July 2013 by D Ruckel    (USA)

EZE-LIM-JFK return. Food on the way up was loathsome, a sandwich with one piece of cheese and processed meat to Lima and the same to New York. Asked for water when I got onto the plane and was told to wait until meal service. After an hour I walked to the back and a flight attendant, reading her magazine, put her right hand out with water. On return, I went to JFK 7 hours before flight in an attempt to get emergency row seat. Told I had to wait until 4 hours before flight. LAN rep arrived, told I had to make that request upstairs hours ago. There is really no interaction between crew and passengers, save giving out meals and forcing you to put your seat in upright position half an hour before landing. I was told to 'sit down' when I had to go to the bathroom 40 minutes before landing in Buenos Aires. This was not a full flight. There was real food from New York tack. Communication poor. Food ordinary, Staff not well trained. Would be reluctant to go with LAN again.

LAN Airlines Customer review :  28 May 2013 by R Hesser    (USA)

JFK-SCL in Economy. Fairly new 767-300ER with 777-style interior. Upon boarding, a Chilean newspaper was available in the jetway. Flight attendants were friendly and attentive, although some didn't appear to speak much English. Economy seating was standard, with 32" pitch/18" width, adjustable headrests, usb outlets, PTVs with AVOD. At each seat was a package containing a pillow, decently thick blanket, eyeshades and ear plugs. Departure delayed slightly due to ATC, but kept updated. Cabin announcements in Spanish and English. Dinner was quite good. Of note, LAN used real silverware, real glassware for the wine, and a real dish for the entree, even in economy. I had red wine, which was Chilean and quite good. A refill was offered. After dinner, coffee/tea and cordials were served, along with M&Ms. IFE featured over 200 on demand movies, including many South American films, as well as games, map function, extensive music tracks and destination information. Screen was large and picture/sound quality was good. Content was slow to load at times, but otherwise the system was excellent. The in-flight magazine was very thick and contained interesting articles. There was a cup holder on each seat back, a nice feature on long flights. Lavatories featured moist towelettes and hand lotion, a couple of extras not found on US carriers, and were cleaned several times throughout the flight. A full breakfast was served 90 minutes prior to arrival, which is better than the American carriers which only serve a snack. Beverages were refilled afterwards, and sweets were provided prior to arrival. Overall, I found my first long-haul experience on LAN to be thoroughly enjoyable, and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them to friends.

LAN Airlines Customer review :  11 May 2013 by S Biney    (Peru)

Reading other reviews it makes you wonder what people expect these days. I have flown LAN within Peru many times to different destinations and have nothing but praise for them. They run new fleets of the airbus 319 and 320. I have had more legroom on these internal flights than some long haul from Lima to Europe with other airlines. Most flights within Peru are only an hour long so don't expect amazing food, just a snack and a drink.

LAN Airlines Customer review :  9 May 2013 by Charles Jordan    (Argentina)

EZE-SCL-MIA-EZE. Excellent on board service, great IFE, beats US airlines on the same routes every day.

LAN Airlines Customer review :  5 May 2013 by P Lawlor    (UK)

LAN Airlines Customer review :  5 May 2013 by A Smyth    (UK)

Bogota to San Paulo, flight was on time and service was excellent. Good food and wine with refills if you wanted. Staff friendly and entertainment system was very good once they got it connected . Much better then the dreadful old fashioned Iberia.

Business class (MEX-SCL-IPS return). I found the service to be consistent, crew friendly, aircraft clean and in good condition (767), and food tasty. The inflight>

LAN Airlines Customer review :  22 April 2013 by L Cosentino   entertainment worked and a good selection. The on board service did seem to take a bit of time to get going and the seat did seem a bit narrow around the shoulders when reclined into the flat bed. Other than that the flights were great. Check-in at all airports was easy, lounges comfortable, no lounge in Easter Island but I didn't expect that anyway as its such a unique airport, and flights were on time. Frequent flyer miles were added to my BA account within the week and I had no baggage issues.

EZE-SCL-EZE. Both flights were delayed. Outbound 7 hrs and the return 3 hrs. The crew behaved as though they were doing you a favor, and food was just ok for the short flight. Not worth the money, there are better options for this route.

LAN Airlines Customer review :  19 April 2013 by Gabriel Aguilar    (Australia)

SCL-EZE. Connected in SCL from SYD. New 767. I was immediately impressed when I boarded and crew acknowledged me as I walked through the cabin. All cabin crew were immaculate and the service was good. I did not expect a meal on this short flight, we got a sandwich and a drink. Flight left and arrived on time. IFE was great too, as it was available shortly after the safety demonstration I managed to watch a film. I would fly LAN from SYD next time.

LAN Airlines Customer review :  18 April 2013 by D Cisternas    (Chile)

Flight between SCL to Madrid. Bad service, very bad food and regular seat. LAN is going down every time I fly, much better options available. The staff don't help much. Avoid.

LAN Airlines Customer review :  12 April 2013 by B Pico    (Ecuador)

UIO-GYE-UIO. Machine check-in at UIO airport didn't find my reservation, proceed to counter: courteous and fast service. Boarding: ok, but buses were old and not handicapped friendly, use stairs to board aircraft. Onboard service regular: robotic attitude and one candy, no water round. On arrival: fast disembark and baggage retrieval. Returning portion: same as UIO for check-in and on-board service, upon arrival: stairs used for bus to take us to terminal, baggage: wrongly announced carrousel. LA has declined it service in recent years and not one agent at arrival at UIO to inform us anything.

LAN Airlines Customer review :  2 April 2013 by David Cameron    (Australia)

LAN Flight 801 - Santiago to Sydney via Auckland 16 March 2013. When I arrived to check in at a connecting flight in Buenos Aires - I was told that the flight would be leaving 12 hours later. This is was despite the fact that I had already checked and they did not attempt to contact me by email or by mobile phone. When I arrived at Santiago we were given accommodation and were told to be ready by 8.30am for a 12 Noon departure. All passengers arrived at the Departure Gate - however there was no aircraft, and much to our dismay no LAN Staff to explain what was happening. Eventually the flight departed 24 hours late and terminated at Auckland not Sydney - so continuing passengers were forced to stay overnight in a hotel at Auckland Airport - to make things worse the airport bus broke down and we event width="22" height="24">

LAN Airlines Customer review :  27 March 2013 by J Jarred    (UK)

Over a 3 week visit to Peru and Ecuador from England we had 8 flights with LAN booked through our agent. 2 of these flights were approximately 12 hours long. All the flights were booked with request for a vegetarian meal but on every flight I had nothing to eat. We checked with our agent who confirmed the booking and each time we booked in we ask about the vegetarian meal but none arrived. Onng="0" cellpadding="0">

LAN Airlines Customer review :  25 March 2013 by Jack Kennedy    (Australia)

We flew Auckland to Santiago to Lima return in March 2013. I was pleasantly surprised by the flight over. Return flight was a disaster. Arrived at the airport at Santiago at 4pm for a 10.30 flight and was told by LAN staff that we could not book in until 8pm. Made inquiries at 6.30 and was told the flight had been cancelled. They provided us with accommodRE_2.gif">

LAN Airlines Customer review :  9 March 2013 by J Wilcox    (USA)

I had booked the first long-haul flight for my husband and I from LAX to Lima, Peru. What I found was a pleasurable experience, and a 9 hour flight that did not feel like 9 hours. We flew through the daytime, so on-board entertainment was key. Boarding was easy, and we flew a 767 in economy class. Seats were very comfortable, the entertainment excellent, the seats had USB ports for charging or electronic use, and the food was good airline food. Wine was served with the meal, and staff came around refilling glasses. Staff very happy and helpful, smiling a lot, and were excellent bilingual speakers. Not only were we served dinner (or lunch), but at the end of the flight at 8 pm Pacific time, they served breakfast. The on-board entertainment included first-run movies, TV shows, games, music. I would definitely recommend LAN and hope that our return flight from Santiago, Chile, is just as good.

LAN Airlines Customer review :  5 March 2013 by A Michaels    (USA)

Flew in Business Class multiple legs from MIA to Santiago/Montivideo. Then Buenos Aires to Lima and Lima to JFK. All flights were on 767's. All flights were on time, with clean aircraft, extremely spacious and comfortable flat bed type seats, excellent white duvets and pillows, and an adequate VOD system. Catering was a bit skimpy and of decent quality. The main negative for this airline is the pleasant, but almost consistently lazy and indifferent attitude of the cabin crews. The flights to Montevideo were with LAN Chilean crews, and they were ok, but beyond serving meals and a very long wait for drinks with no refills, their presence in the cabin was seldom noted, the MIA-SCL leg being 8 1/2 hours. The Peruvian crews on the BUE-LIM-JFK flights could generally be found congregated in the forward galley, reading magazines and playing on their computers. They never almost never patrolled the cabin soliciting requests, even on the 7 1/2 hour flight between Lima and JFK. However, the great seat, duvet, and on time performance made up for me the poor, slow cabin service and mediocre catering.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8