LAN Airlines Customer Reviews and LAN Airlines Passenger Trip Reports

6" height="1">

LAN Airlines customer travel guide

LAN Airlines 3-Star Airline Ranking

LAN Airlines Business class seat reviews

LAN Airlines Customer review :  3 February 2014 by Tony Hall    (Australia)

SCL-AKL. An A340 with the new LAN flat-bed seats. Selected a middle aisle seat so that no-one would have to climb over me at night. Pushing back was delayed but arrival was on-time. Dinner, wine and cabin service were excellent, but breakfast nothing special. LAN now offer a very similar product to Qantas. Lounge at SCL was fine. Had to wait 30 mins for a shower but it was very good when I got to use it.

LAN Airlines Customer review :  10 February 2014 by B Ferrier    (Australia)

SCL-SYD, Feb 3 2014. First time with LAN International, code shared with Qantas. Very good flight all round; very attentive, smart, cabin crew, dinner and wines good. We ate lightly as this flight left around midnight and the pasta dish was delicious. A larger steak meal was offered. Lie flat bed and comforter allowed many hours sleep through to Auckland. IFE was basic considering the aircraft looked fairly new (A340). Two breakfasts - one into AKL and one leaving AKL to SYD. Tip: have a continental for the first, and enjoy a cooked one for the second. Would fly LAN again based on this experience. Better experience than QF flying over to SCL.

LAN Airlines Customer review :  31 January 2014 by Tony Hall    (Australia)

EZE-SCL. Although this was only a 2.5 hour flight in a 767, we had the new LAN full-size flat-bed seats. Tremendous views crossing the Andes with no turbulence. The disappointment was the dinner. Just a cold chicken sandwich and desert, with no choice. Although I understand their desire to avoid service during the potentially turbulent Andes crossing, I thought LAN could do a bit better than this for international business class. Wine and cabin service were excellent, though.

LAN Airlines Customer review :  20 January 2014 by M Dye    (UK)

SCL-MAD, January 2014. I flew back with LAN from a recent trip to South America having flown out with Iberia. I was pretty impressed really. We were on a new 787. The entertainment system was good, with a touch screen and lots of films. Only issue was that my system crashed twice, but staff were happy to reset this and then it worked fine again. The food on board was also pretty good for airline food, I had a nice salmon dish with mashed potato (luckily this is what I would have ordered as they'd run out of everything else by the time they reached the back of the plane). Breakfast was an omelette, amongst other things. They were very generous with the drinks too, offering several top ups and also a whisky when they cam round with the coffee trolley after dinner. I thought the staff on board where really good as well, attentive and always quick to respond if you called for them. All in all a good experience, and better than my Iberia flight on the way out.

LAN Airlines Customer review :  15 January 2014 by L Legname    (Australia)

They've been canceling and delaying all flights between Santiago and Sydney and vice versa. On the flight from Sydney to Santiago the flight was canceled 10 hours before boarding, I had a Qantas staff member calling and telling me that I had to rebook for the next day with a Qantas flight. On the return flight they put us onboard the airplane, after 2 hours they told us to get back to the airport and the plane would only take off at 4pm the next day. I will never fly with LAN again.

<736" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">

LAN Airlines Customer review :  13 January 2014 by Bertil Postema    (Netherlands)

Flying with LAN on the B767-300 in Business from Bogota to Santiago de Chile. Comfortable plane and seat. Full flat. Little bit t="21">

I flew LAN both Internationally from SYD to SCL and SCL to LIM; and domestically around Peru. From Sydney to Santiago with a stop in AKL (and vice versa) I flew on a A340. This plane was defiantly one of the oldest planes in the LAN fleet, however it was still comfortable onboard. The seats on the plane were old and overused and the back support wasn't good, however I did find I had the best sleep enarrow to lay down. But all in all ok. Service did not start after one hour in flight. So sleep. No normal breakfast at arrival, just a dry muffin.

LAN Airlines Customer review :  13 January 2014 by Isaac Howard    (Australia)

LAN Airlines Customer review :  10 January 2014 by G Musacchio    (Uruguay)

LA913 from MVD to SCL, and LA532 from SCL to JFK (with an emergency stop at MIA). This was on Jan 2nd and 3rd. For the money I paid this was not a good experience. The staff were unfriendly and inattentive, didn't seem to have a clue of what to do at times and spoke very little and very bad English (for passengers who didn't speak Spanish). The aircraft, although clean and neat, was quite uncomfortable, both the aisles and the seats were too narrow, which made it difficult to walk to the bathroom without hitting anyone, and impossible to go anywhere if there was already someone standing up. Trying to get any sleep was also hell, as there was almost no legroom and, if you were unlucky like me to get a seat next to a fat guy, there was even less room to move around and seat comfortably. I endured both a short flight and a 10-hour one with this airline and both planes suffered from "the size issue". Certainly no more LAN for me in the future.

LAN Airlines Customer review :  7 January 2014 by Jose Montoya    (USA)

I flew last night on LAN's 787 Dreamliner - SCL-JFK (LA0532) and can only say that the aircraft is impressive. Business Class is comfortable and very well designed. Service was very professional and extremely warm. The departure was delayed by over 1.5 hrs and the not very informed, not very courteous LAN employees at the gate made the wait experience quite uncomfortable. The crew could have not being nicer and more professional to help passengers find comfort and a chilled glass of champagne or a refreshing glass of water. The service once airborne was excellent and the food very good. I was in seat 1H, which is inconveniently located at the entrance to the service area and at no time was I disturbed. This was my best long-haul flight in a very long time.

LAN Airlines Customer review :  7 January 2014 by Elizabeth Martin    (UK)

Have just flown Santiago-Madrid on a LAN 787 in economy which was absolute hell. These were the smallest seats I've ever experienced, even on the worst budget airlines. Not only that but the magazine holder in the seatback is wired, so you have a hard piece of metal digging into your knees - painful after 2 minutes let alone 12 hours. And it loses you another 2 inches of legroom. I don't know how anyone over 5'5" could bear it. Never ever will I fly LAN long haul again.

LAN Airlines Customer review :  7 January 2014 by T Tillinghast    (USA)

Flown LAN many times over the years, beginning when it was a one class airline flying old 737s. Never had a bad flight, bad meal or bad treatment. I've purchased tickets 30 minutes before departure, and have been granted discounts on the spot based on published discounts. The Fly Chile pass is a 25">Cabin Flown

Categreat bargain. I have only flown coach, so I cannot speak to the other classes. One flight, La Paz Bolivia to Santiago after a back packing trip found our group 300 pounds over weight. They waived the charges. That flight which stopped in Iquique for customs served a full meal with wine, (45 minute flight). I do miss the wicker baskets full of warm bread. Travelers inside So America should understand that the Chilean breakfast is bread, cheese and sliced ham, though that's probably changing.

LAN Airlines Customer review :  30 December 2013 by Paul Godwin    (Australia)

First time traveller with LAN, what a wonderful experience, business class return SYD-AKL return. Great value, superb service, fantastic food and champagne. This airline beats all on the Trans Tasman route. Crew are the best, always attentive and work with a smile. Beds are comfortable. Entertainment system up with the best. Look Forward to flying again with LAN.

Rating : 10/10 Score 10 out of 10

LAN Airlines Customer review :  29 December 2013 by Alan Bone    (Australia)

This is my second time return from SYD to AKL in Business on LAN. I have to say that this airline is superb. Cabin Crew are the best, friendly and helpful. Always a smile! Food service is excellent. I have always been a Qantas and Emiadding="0">

LAN Airlines Customer review :  19 December 2013 by Julian Saura    (Norway)

MAD-SCL, A340-300. The plane departed on time (23.55) and landed on time (09.40). The staff was quite young and very polite. All in all great service. Food good.

LAN Airlines Customer review :  11 December 2013 by Luis Colon    (USA)

Purchased tickets to Lima Peru for my honeymoon. My wife and I were greeted at the ticket counter by rude and incompetent staff. We were unable to board the plane, when asked why the supervisor at JFK airport told me my flight was cancelled because I was a no show even though I was there more than 2 hours before my flight. I have spent many hours on the phone with LAN airlines with nobody willing to help me. My flight was cancelled, my return flight was cancelled and my 2 domestic flights in Peru were cancelled, all without a refund or possibility to reschedule.

LAN Airlines Customer review :  9 December 2013 by Ramon Fretz    (Switzerland)

BUE-SCL and SCL-LIM in November 2013. Both flight legs in Business Class. I have been very impressed by the inflight service offered by LAN on both flight legs. Impeccable Boeing 767-300 cabins with comfortable seats (lie- flat on the SCL-LIM flight leg). Very attentive, friendly cabin crew, good drink and food options and on-time performance. Good inflight entertainment system and inflight magazine. Excellent lounge at Ezeiza. Many other carriers could learn from LAN.

LAN Airlines Customer review :  6 December 2013 by E Bunster    (USA)

Have been flying LAN since 1985 on JFK-SCL route. Most recent trip JFK-SCL, 11/13/13, flight 533. Worst experience ever. New B787 is a torture chamber. High density, 9-accross seating and pitch reduced from 32 to 31 inches, plus narrower seats. This is unacceptable for a 10+ hour flight, not to mention that food quality has taken a dive. No more LAN for me.

LAN Airlines Customer review :  20 November 2013 by Rick Edwards    (Canada)

WeAN Peru.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

| Legal Notice | Airline Ranking | back to top

| Home | Airline Opinionsact us'; return true" onmouseout="window.status=''; return true" target="_top">Contact Us | Links |