Kuwait Airways Passenger Reviews and Kuwait Airways Customer Trip Reports

1 2 3

KUWAIT AIRWAYS Customer review :  23 July 2014 by Wasantha Subasinghe    (Sri Lanka)

KU166 (Paris to Kuwait) and KU361 (Kuwait to Colombo), 18th July 2014. The worst airline and airport. I flew from Paris to Colombo and it was 15 hours (including delays) of sheer misery. No inflight entertainment as the screens on most seats didn't work and the cabin crew were just awful.

KUWAIT AIRWAYS Customer review :  9 July 2014 by Michele Crawford    (Australia)

We boarded flight KU102 at JFK bound for LHR on 19th June 2014. I had never used this airline before and didn't know what to expect. I was very pleasantly surprised. The 6 hour 10 minute flight was without any irritation! The staff were helpful and unobtrusive and even managed to steer the food trolley down the aisle without bumping passengers and/or their seats. Lights were lowered as it was a night flight and the children on board behaved extremely well ie no crying, screaming and needing constant attention from their parents. The adults all spoke softly. All very civilised. I am sure the absence of alcohol on board contributed to the lovely peace and quiet. In addition, the ride was silky smooth and therefore supremely comfortable. We will certainly consider flying Kuwait Airways again!

KUWAIT AIRWAYS Customer review :  4 July 2014 by A Joslin    (UK)

I traveled to Columbo Sri Lanka in January 2014 with a stop over at Kuwait City on the outward and return journeys. The airport itself was like most, no good or bad points. The flights on the other hand were shocking. The outward journey was bearable but only because the plane was only half full. The journey back to the UK was disgusting, the staff (all male in economy) were rude and argumentative, they ignored us. At meal times I had to ask for our dinner as they passed us by. The toilets were filthy, toilet paper all over the floor, the floor itself was soaking and not cleaned throughout the journey. The inflight entertainment was poor, half the TV's on the seats didn't work, if they did the sound was poor. There were no alcoholic drinks allowed on the flight so it was soft drinks, tea or coffee. I could go on but I think I have made my point.

KUWAIT AIRWAYS Customer review :  21 June 2014 by B Narasimhan    (Singapore)

My 6 months pregnant wife and I flew Kuwait Airways for the first time a few months ago. Having flown into Chennai from Singapore on Air India, and fairly surprised at its improved service standards, we were hoping for a good holiday in Europe after our Chennai affairs were concluded. We were impressed by Chennai's new airport, and the check in was fairly smooth. They checked in my wife early because she was pregnant, and took her medical documentation for making a copy. I mention this because it becomes relevant later. The boarding was relatively smooth, though we had to board through the older terminal located quite a way from the new one. The aircraft was a very old Airbus A300. I was actually shocked to see an A300, considering I had last flown them about 10 years ago with Air India and they were considered old then. Surprisingly each seat had a little display screen, but what that screen showed I shall never know because on every sector, it didn't work. Food was average, no alcoholic drinks served. The TV in the middle of the aisle was showing some film, but it was so old the colour had all gone, and you had to witness everything as shades of olive-green and black. Thankfully the flight was only five hours long, and we landed in Kuwait on time. Kuwait airport is without doubt the worst airport in the world I have had the misfortune to step in. Sure, it was large, looked modern and somewhat clean but that was it. Our connecting flight was delayed. No screen informing us nor was there any person to tell us this. We waited at the gate for hours, then someone said it was at another gate on the other side of the terminal, so we all ran there, then found out it was back at the original gate. The onward flight was on another ancient A310. Again, no working IFE, food barely palatable. The return was more of the same. Never again with this airline or airport.

KUWAIT AIRWAYS Customer review :  17 June 2014 by J Jelliffe    (India)

Flew from Chennai to Cairo via Kuwait. Flight from Chennai to Kuwait was indefinitely delayed. After 3 hours in the airport they finally gave an approximate departure time. Flight took off after a 7 hour delay. Obviously the connecting flight to Cairo was missed. Flight left 30 mins before we landed in Kuwait and did not wait for us, even though we were a group of 15 people who were supposed to take the connecting flight to Cairo. We were made to wait in an airport hotel in Kuwait as their next flight to Cairo was full too. We were finally put on a Kuwait Airways flight the next morning which was again delayed 2 hours. By the time we reached Cairo we were 24 hours late. The flights are very old, the in-flight entertainment was a joke, the stewards were quite rude. Our return flight from Amman was also delayed and the worst part was we were made to sit inside the airplane for 2 hours without any information about when we were expected to take off. Only positive point was their food which was good throughout.

KUWAIT AIRWAYS Customer review :  10 June 2014 by J Abraham    (Malaysia)

Travelled with the family from Kuala Lumpur to New York on Business. Upon arrival at the airport my first question was, "Is the flight delayed". The flight was on time and from that point forward my experience was pleasant, had nothing to complain about. Staff were friendly and helpful beyond my expectations. Inflight entertainment is very poor so plan ahead. Overall, from a value for money aspect, I think Kuwait Airways is A-OK. I would travel with them again.

KUWAIT AIRWAYS Customer review :  27 May 2014 by C Maxted    (UK)

Heathrow to JFK return. I am pleased to say that everything was fine. Maybe the cabin crew could have been a little friendlier but they were efficient. The food both ways was good and usual standard for economy class. The inflight entertainment screen was ok on the way out, but didn't work on the return trip; used my ipad so not a problem. We would use this airline again as the money saved on the seat meant more available for NYC shopping and trips etc.

KUWAIT AIRWAYS Customer review :  18 May 2014 by A Kapoor    (USA)

It wasn't just the shabbiness of the cabin, poor leg room, lack of inflight entertainment, delays, but more especially the sense that Kuwait Airways doesn't care at all for the comfort, welfare or opinions of its passengers. It exists simply to transport people from one place to another at a cheap fare. Not a great feeling when you're on a transatlantic flight for 7 hours. My husband and I booked a round trip flight to from New York to London and back before reading any customer reviews. I read them after we had already made the booking and then dreaded the trip. To my surprise the flight from New York was fine. The plane wasn't crowded and a kind steward moved us into an empty bulkhead seat so we would have more leg room. There were no undue delays. We didn't mind the lack of inflight entertainment or alcohol on board, and I was prepared to give Kuwait Air higher marks. Then we flew home. After going through security at Heathrow in London we found, when we got to the gate for our flight, that we had to line up and go through another security check by Kuwait Air staff. The line was delayed when they thought a French woman didn't have a visa for the US and went away for several minutes to check on this. My husband was next in line and they didn't bother to check his backpack in which he had accidentally left a tube of antiseptic cream. 300 people, many with children, had to go through this line. Once past this, there were no toilet facilities or drinking water available in the waiting area. On board, over an hour later, we were handed earphones, then snacks, then ordered to shut our shades. Then 2 hours later, ordered to open our shades, wash our faces, hand back the wash cloths without delay, eat dinner. No one had the nerve to disregard all these commands issued by a tiger lady who never smiled or spoke politely to any one except some young Arab passengers, blocking the aisle while she did so. Almost no one left their seats until nearly the end of the flight. No assistance was offered to mothers with crying children. As we left the plane I asked a steward at the door what the earphones were for. He said with a broad smile that they were for the inflight entertainment! I just laughed at that. That was my inflight entertainment. I put it all down to a cultural experience until then foreign to me. But I don't really need a cultural educational experience when I'm in a plane. So, never again.

KUWAIT AIRWAYS Customer review :  17 May 2014 by D Williams    (UK)

Heathrow to JFK and back over Easter. Check-in was quick and easy at both airports. I had loaded some films onto my Ipad, so the IFE not working (depended on the seat) I wasn't bothered at all. The seats were comfortable and the staff couldn't have been more pleasant and helpful. They were particularly kind to my daughter who was worried with the turbulence. The food served was excellent on both legs of the journey. So what if the aircraft are old (I note, though, that they've bought a large number of new aircraft)- it works! I'd fly with them again, no problem.

KUWAIT AIRWAYS Customer review :  24 April 2014 by S Srinath    (UK)

Travel was a nightmare with unhelpful staff. Inflight entertainment was a joke - most of them were not maintained and needed repair. Overhead lamp for reading was not working and when we asked for assistance, staff told said they would check it and that was about it. My return flight (21/04/14) from Colombo to London was in transit at Kuwait. 1 hour delay after boarding in Kuwait, another delay in hot temperatures inside aircraft for 2 hours (without AC) before being taken to airport by bus and confined to a small boarding room for another 2 hours. No help until some angry passengers started to shout - fruit juice served. After more than 5 hours delay, finally we were able to leave Kuwait for London. No apologies no manners! No customer service.

KUWAIT AIRWAYS Customer review :  14 April 2014 by D J Lockley    (UK)

Seat broken, staff unhelpful at best, rude at worst, everything broken including inflight entertainment and personal light to name but a few. Dirty plane and toilets, dreadful inedible food an no alcohol served. I thought the flight out must have been bad luck but the return flight was the same on a different plane. Just avoid, if the bits you see are that bad, what about the safety bits you don't. I have flown a lot, this was by far the worst since the 90's.

KUWAIT AIRWAYS Customer review :  1 April 2014 by Taylor Adam    (UK)

FCO-CDG on KU165 onboard an old but very classic A310. Boarding was prompt as only around 30 passengers needed to board. Once onboard the flight was full with inbound passengers who were staying onboard from KWI for the next sector to CDG. Departure was on time and we took off from Runway 25. The inflight entertainment is non existent but for such a short flight do I really care. The food and beverage service was done well and quickly however the standard of catering was very poor. Seat comfort was ok considering the age of the aircraft. For this flight I was satisfied but for a 4-6 hour flight which this aircraft is used for I would perhaps not be so satisfied. The crew were very professional throughout the flight and also came across polite. My conclusion is for the flight I took which was short I was happy and at 82 one way I could not complain. The reality is though KU are still a long way behind the airlines that they compete with in the middle east region (QR,EY,EK) and with this in mind I would always choose one of these airlines on long haul before selecting Kuwait Airways.

KUWAIT AIRWAYS Customer review :  3 March 2014 by Brian Levy    (Ireland)

Kuwait to Sohag (Egypt) via Sharm El-Sheikh. I chose it because it's the only international airline that flies to Sohag in upper Egypt. The flight was on a really old 20 year old A320. Flight attendants were ok, professional but not very friendly, food was actually good with a delicious chicken biryani dish. However, there was no entertainment of any kind, the plane's seats were all blotched and stained. The bathrooms, though clean were old and needed refurbishment badly. Our stopover in Sharm El-Sheikh was delayed for 2 hours and we were stuck on a hot plane during this whole period. The sector to Sohag was uneventful but only water was served. Kuwait Airways is centuries behind other Gulf carriers. I don't understand how a rich country like Kuwait has one of the oldest fleets in the Middle East.

KUWAIT AIRWAYS Customer review :  17 February 2014 by Karol Jandzis    (UK)

London Heathrow-Kuwait-Kuala Lumpur and back. B777-269 and A340-131. Planes were old and really dated. Cabin looked like it wasn't even cleaned. IFE was not working, Food was OK and crew barely smiled. I will never fly this airline again!

KUWAIT AIRWAYS Customer review :  29 January 2014 by Syed Zia Shabbir    (USA)

JKK-Kuwait-Islamabad-Kuwait-Colombo-Kuwait-JFK. I took 6 flights on this 2 weeks trip to Asia. Tickets were cheap. All six flights were delayed. Minimum delay was 2 hours and maximum 18 hours. My first flight from JFK to Kuwait was 2 hours delayed without any reason. It was a 777 but old. No entertainment for 14 hours. Seats were not reclining and food was just food. Staff were rude. My other flight was from Kuwait to Islamabad but it delayed due to fog. We stayed at airport for 18 hours and they told us that all hotels were fully booked.

KUWAIT AIRWAYS Customer review :  28 January 2014 by R Pyatt    (UK)

Flew from UK to Sri Lanka with change in Kuwait. I chose the airline based on price but as the tickets were only 80 less each than Emirates this was a real false economy and one I regret. Where to start, old dirty plane, unexplained delays in Kuwait, legroom bordering on illegal, in-flight entertainment totally absent, uninterested staff (except one attendant on return flight who was exception to the rule), food ok although no alcohol. During the night flight the lights were not turned down and people were aloud to wander from their seats to have communal chats so it was impossible to sleep.

KUWAIT AIRWAYS Customer review :  7 January 2014 by Indah Roesyanto    (Indonesia)

I flew from Jakarta, Indonesia to JFK (NY). My flight to JFK was delayed 3 hours in Jakarta, and the flight back to Jakarta was delayed 2 hours. Entertainment was very poor, 4 channels and I couldn't pause, repeat or forward. I had to ask for a blanket, I had to ask for earphones. Mostly the non vegetarian food was finished (so although I'm not a vegetarian, I had no choice but to get meat for my meal). Planes were old. I couldn't charge my phone or any other devices. They didn't give toiletries like socks, eye shade, ear plugs or toothbrush. They didn't maintain the cleanliness of the toilets. I will never fly with this airline again!

KUWAIT AIRWAYS Customer review :  20 December 2013 by Azmina Kareem    (Sri Lanka)

Kuwait Airways is by far the worst airline I have travelled. Our flight was delayed 45 minutes taking off from Colombo and arrived 20 minutes later than our connecting flight. The connecting flight to New York had taken off without waiting for passengers. The support given by the ground staff was next to nil and there was no alternative provided. Ground staff were very rude. we were asked to stay 24 hours for the next flight, that they were 'sorry' they were not able to help anymore. We were sent to a hotel near the airport. No facilities provided to make calls outside to inform our family of the delay and to make alternative arrangements as we had to cancel and make new reservations for flight and hotel. The Kuwait airways rates are low which makes this an attractive option, but the hassle this airlines puts you and the lack of support or service is not worth that cost. I would never fly Kuwait Airways.

KUWAIT AIRWAYS Customer review :  2 December 2013 by Vasista Bhargava Valluru    (India)

Mumbai-Kuwait-Tehran-Kuwait-Mumbai. My journey with Kuwait Airways came as a pleasant surprise. I got more than I expected. I bought the ticket for its price. The flights were on time, food was excellent (I'm a vegetarian), cabin crew were very polite and attentive to my needs. The best part was the hotel stay that was given to me in Kuwait as the transit was too long. The only couple of downsides were the old aircrafts and non existent IFE. Overall a wonderful experience for the price.

KUWAIT AIRWAYS Customer review :  10 November 2013 by J Reed    (USA)

Kuwait to JFK via LHR on an older B-777 that had not been upgraded - with older style seats and entertainment. The airplane had been refurbished, service standard business class service. The food was good, but would have been a lot better if I could have had wine with my meal and port with my cheese tray. With Kuwait Airways "you get what you pay for," - you don't get any special treatment checking in, boarding or baggage delivery. I am not saying I will ask my company to book me with them again if I have a higher quality alternative, but if I was having to pay the bill I would consider them.

KUWAIT AIRWAYS Customer review :  31 October 2013 by Farouk Mogheth    (Thailand)

A quick 3 hours flight from Bangkok to Manila and back. Can't really fault Kuwait as they've shown a rather decent standard on both flights. Flight to Manila was completely full and back to Bangkok about 40% occupancy. Flights on time, An ageing A340 but well kept and maintained. I flew economy and granted seeing the Business class, it seems quite outdated (fitting C class from the 80s). The PTVs were minuscule and turned off. Meals hot and edible and cabin crew mix of Thai and Filipino only. Ground services very polite and helpful. Kuwait airways doesn't have a smart phone APP but their online check in worked (only for 1 leg of this trip). Amazed to see a 40KG allowance on my ticket. Very comfortable and uneventful.

KUWAIT AIRWAYS Customer review :  26 October 2013 by K Northam    (UK)

London to New York, October 19. Flight number KU 401. This is the worst airline I have ever flown - and I've flown many! Nothing worked - IFE system, overhead light, seat recline, toilets. The response from the staff to complaints about broken items was "go and find yourself another seat and that may have a working IFE system / lights / seat recline etc. The safety regulations are almost non existent, passengers can seat themselves wherever they like, no-one was woken up to recline seat at take off or landing, there was overhead luggage all over the airline including in front of the exits and the fasten seat belt light was on for the entire flight so everyone ignored it. The response from the head of customer service in New York was "Too bad. So what if a few 'little' things aren't working". No apology.

KUWAIT AIRWAYS Customer review :  11 October 2013 by Viajitha Anitha    (UK)

The worst airline especially if you are travelling with an infant. No allowances as cabin baggage for the baby, had to stuff everything within 7 kgs for myself and my baby. Had to throw away most of my baby's food, ground staff didn't even show consideration after I told them she needed special milk due to allergies, and I had 4 hour transit in Kuwait airport. Inflight entertainment was non existent, meals and service was very poor. The service was worse than the cheapest budget airlines!

KUWAIT AIRWAYS Customer review :  27 September 2013 by A Toye    (UK)

Travelled with my wife from London to New York mid Sep 2013. Found 1st class to be a very cost effective alternative to the major airlines on this route. Checked in online and printed out our boarding passes. Check in was smooth and the staff pleasant. Proceeded to the Gulf Air lounge, which was pleasant and served a variety of hot and cold dishes and alcohol. Flight was delayed an hour without any announcement or communication from the airline. Staff at the gate were not particularly enthusiastic but boarding was swift and we boarded through the priority lane. Onboard, 1st class was clean and looked well maintained, though old style. The green fabric seats were clean, good size and comfortable but old style and not full sleeper. Seats were sufficiently spaced out. The crew were professional and polite but did not appear friendly or as jovial as major airlines. Offered pre-flight drinks accompanied with smoked almond nuts, dates and Arabian coffee. Shortly after take off we were offered drinks and some hors d'oeuvres. Offered portable videos, toiletry/vanity pack, encased Parker style roller ball pen (souvenir), blankets and neck support cushions. 2hrs into the flight we were served a 4 course meal. The rest of the flight was smooth. Arrived into New York 30 minutes behind schedule. Our luggage came out first as they were priority tagged. Our return journey departed New York on time, the check-in was seamless, the lounge was good, the food great, the crew were same and we arrive London on schedule. Overall a good experience.

KUWAIT AIRWAYS Customer review :  9 September 2013 by Asha Lushington    (USA)

My boyfriend and I went on a 2 week trip to London from New York and as a frequent flyer of an assortment of airlines I would rather pay more. The cheap deal wasn't worth it in the end. On the way to London the flight was delayed an hour but there was absolutely no communication until they were ready to board. There was a lot of wheelchair passengers and it seemed to confuse staff even more on how to assist and board them accordingly. They rationed blankets so we had to share one. The entertainment was 3 channels with no choice of start time and my boyfriend's didn't work. The food was ok. Flight back to NY was one of the airlines selected for extra security clearance (due to its many previous stopovers) so we had to be searched many times. Once again the flight wasn't on time so they had to rush everybody on to get seated so they wouldn't miss their slot. Once again rude, cold, monotone staff. I didn't bother to beg for a blanket, I bought my large scarf instead. Several headphones didn't work and the flight attendant seemed annoyed about having to give me a new pair. Never again, unless its the last resort.

KUWAIT AIRWAYS Customer review :  9 September 2013 by Mohammed Al-Adsani    (Kuwait)

Kuwait - Kuala Lumpor in Business class. It was almost an 8 hour non-stop flight. Service and seat was good enough for me to fly them again for future flights. In-flight entertainment did not work except for the in-flight map, but that was good enough for me since I don't really use the in-flight entertainment. The seat did recline for me so that's another bonus. Most importantly, the flight departed on time. I might fly with them again if I wanted a non-stop long-haul flight. Business class seats are uncomfortable for sleeping but for the price and direct flight, I would consider flying Kuwait Airways again for my future flights.

KUWAIT AIRWAYS Customer review :  25 July 2013 by Ahmad Liftawi    (Austria)

KWI-AMM-KWI. Very good flights both ways, food was great for a 2 hour flight, seat comfort was very good, FA's were incredibly nice, had a wonderful experience with them.

KUWAIT AIRWAYS Customer review :  2 July 2013 by S Ptctan    (Germany)

CGK-KUL-KWI-AMM. Food was so-so, no alcoholic beverages. Many IFEs not working, poor selection of English movies. Ground staff very friendly, stewardesses seemed to be in a bad mood. Only booked it as it was much cheaper than other gulf state airlines.

KUWAIT AIRWAYS Customer review :  24 June 2013 by S Khan    (USA)

LHR to JFK flight was good overall. Meals were hot and better than usual airlines. The airplane did need some inside repairs (TVs and leg rests etc) but was good overall. Definitely worth the price and would fly Kuwait again.

KUWAIT AIRWAYS Customer review :  11 June 2013 by R Mayne    (UK)

I booked flights from LHR-JFK back in 2012 and had been worrying every since about my choice due to reviews on here. Flew 25/5/13. Flight out was delayed by about an hour, no problem. Plane was pretty old but clean. Staff were friendly and the food was good. Phew. Flight back was also fine. Although customers just deciding to sit where they liked rather than in allocated seats gave the cabin crew some stress. At 200 cheaper than the next option I would use them again.

KUWAIT AIRWAYS Customer review :  30 May 2013 by Wilfred Williamson    (Switzerland)

Flew Paris-Kuwait-Mumbai with a stop over in Rome. Boarding was quick and the flight was on time. The plane wasn't clean. There was dirt between the seats and the folding table had bread crumbs stuck to it! Stopover in Kuwait was okay. The airport has some restaurants, etc, although the prices are out of this world.

KUWAIT AIRWAYS Customer review :  28 May 2013 by Armugam Muthu    (Malaysia)

Took a trip from Malaysia to NYC back to Malaysia. Our flight from NYC to Kuwait was delayed more than 10 hours. Just few hours before travelling to Airport in NYC, we did online check in. No information on the website telling us that the flight was experiencing delays. We drove 60 miles to only find out that the Flight was delayed. Had to go back home, and when we came at 3am, the staff told us that the flight was departing at 5am. Flight did not leave until 7.30. NO communication whatsoever.

KUWAIT AIRWAYS Customer review :  11 May 2013 by Guendalina Rossi    (Italy)

Travelled on 4 flights (Aircraft KU 166, 351, 352, 165) and only on the last one video entertainment and spot light were working. During the 20 hours I spent with Kuwait Airways, for 80% of these long hours I could not even read a book. If the system does not work on 3 out of 4 flights, it can't be a coincidence, the person sitting next to me experienced the same issue. Cabin attendants were useless and the rest of the service was average. I travel a lot for both business and leisure, there is no continent I haven't been at list twice and I would have expected much more from an airline representing such a rich state.

1 2 3