Kuwait Airways Passenger Reviews and Kuwait Airways Customer Trip Reports

1 2 3

KUWAIT AIRWAYS Customer review :  8 May 2013 by N Kariyawasam    (Sri Lanka)

Colombo to Rome. The cabin crew were unfriendly and they took about 10 minutes to bring a cup of water. The food was okay, the IFE didn't work and it didn't have good movies. The seats were hard and lumpy.

KUWAIT AIRWAYS Customer review :  25 April 2013 by P Winthrop    (UK)

A340 was probably 18-20 years old but appeared well maintained and was quite comfortable. LHR-JFK left 30 mins. late but made some of it up en route. IFE was useless. Food was really quite good. The cabin crew were appalling and devoid of any warmth or friendliness. They did not interact at all with passengers and seemed, at best, disinterested, and at worst, hostile. I would use Kuwait Airways again, because they are cheap.

KUWAIT AIRWAYS Customer review :  24 April 2013 by V Jayadevan    (UK)

Travelled with my family, reserved seats in Nov 2012 for flight in March 2013. KA managed to change my booking so we were separated from my children. Crew including senior steward made no attempt to move us or keep us informed even after speaking to 7 crew members. On outward flight both planes had no working entertainment system. When I spoke to senior steward his response was 'you paid for seat only - entertainment not guaranteed'. There were over 70 seats without entertainment. Toilet did not have a lock - overhead lockers kept coming loose on take off and landing. Some of the Crew had a don't care attitude. The fleet of planes are very old - I will never use Kuwait again.

KUWAIT AIRWAYS Customer review :  24 April 2013 by Ramani Sreenivasaiyer Venkatasubramanian    (India)

We flew MAA-KU-JFK and back. The fares were rock-bottom. The planes were old, but the seats, leg room, service and food were top class. In-flight entertainment was zero as the PTVs were not working on both legs both ways. Our luggage could have been handled better. Other than these my wife and I had no room for complaint. The KU-JFK flight was delayed by about 5-6 hours. The return flights were bang on time. Wouldn't mind flying the airline again and recommend to others. If only they can acquire some new planes.

KUWAIT AIRWAYS Customer review :  12 April 2013 by Andrew Wade    (UK)

London to Cochin, Kerala, with my wife and son. I booked them because they were at least 25% cheaper than big name rivals. All 4 flights went smoothly with hardly any delays. Planes are older than some airlines, but an upside of that is they seem to have more legroom! Entertainment system is also a non event, but I knew that when booking. The only other minus for some may be the no alcohol policy, but at least you arrive fresh at your destination! KWI airport is small but clean, with decent facilities and easy to navigate. All outlets take credit cards even for a small purchases such as single fries or coffee, so no currency hassles. The planes were clean, the crews helpful and the meals fine and we saved a lot of money by flying with them. I would recommend over other alternatives if you are making a saving on the fare and I would use them again.

KUWAIT AIRWAYS Customer review :  18 March 2013 by H Morris    (UK)

JFK-LHR, overnight flight. Check in was easy, one of the attendants even offered to carry one of my bags for me. I had already booked my seat online however the flight wasn't full so without being asked they swapped me to a row of 3 so I had it all to myself. There was a good amount of legroom, even being 5 ft 11 there was plenty of space between my knees and the seat in front. The crew were extremely attentive and were happy to move people around if they were not content with their seat allocation. Every passenger was asked personally if they were okay or needed anything. The entertainment systems were small but they worked. Food was good (for aeroplane food). The flight was excellent value for money seeing as it was half as expensive as all its competitors for the same flight. I would definitely fly with them again.

KUWAIT AIRWAYS Customer review :  15 March 2013 by Humbul Suleman    (Pakistan)

ISB-KWI-JED round trip. Aircraft's were a bit old but well kept, clean and maintained. Flight attendants were very co-operative and meals were hot, tasty and sufficient. The Kuwait International Airport was average but basic facilities were up-to-the-mark. Ground staff was highly professional and very helpful at all airports i.e Islamabad, Kuwait and Jeddah. My overall experience on this route was memorable and I will recommend to travel through this airline from Pakistan to Jeddah (KSA).

KUWAIT AIRWAYS Customer review :  14 March 2013 by John Evans    (UK)

Just returned from Bangkok to London via Kuwait. All on time, staff all very pleasant, food ok, did not use entertainment system so can't comment. Would recommend and fly Kuwait Airways again.

KUWAIT AIRWAYS Customer review :  26 February 2013 by Indranil Chakrabarty    (Australia)

Fairly disorganised. I flew KWI - Delhi. Passable airline. A300-600 old and in a shambles. Hand luggage piled up in a corner next to the rear left exit and secured by nets. During turbulence it got tossed around. Chilly A/C. Food not fit for consumption and OJ looked like it, didn't taste like it. FA's mostly polite and helpful.

KUWAIT AIRWAYS Customer review :  24 January 2013 by S Nair    (USA)

COK-Detroit with stops in Kuwait and JFK. 3 hours delay in Kuwait, refreshments were served. Seats did not recline and the entertainment system was faulty. We missed our connecting flight in JFK and ground staff took almost 3 hours to issue fresh boarding passes and hotel vouchers. I was traveling with a child and a toddler, and this delay was unacceptable. We got to the hotel at 11pm though the flight landed at 6.15pm in JFK. Would be good value for money if they improved their ground operations.

KUWAIT AIRWAYS Customer review :  3 January 2013 by V Venugopal    (USA)

Flight 332 on 1/1/13 delayed 4 hours from TRV to Kuwait, caused multiple issues for us with connecting flight in JFK. So much for on time performance for this airline, very disappointed.

KUWAIT AIRWAYS Customer review :  25 December 2012 by Kazi Morshed    (USA)

DAC-KUT-JFK. Started on 8 Dec and stayed overnight, on to JFK next day. Found the service ok. Food was good and portions satisfactory. Only problem was with entertainment. KUT to JFK (Boeing 777) - 13 hours flight without any entertainment. Headphones provided but sound system not working at all. Cabin crew were nice but they did nothing with TV or headphone problem. Flight was on time.

KUWAIT AIRWAYS Customer review :  25 December 2012 by Ardhi Hidayat    (Malaysia)

Kuala Lumpur - Jakarta on Airbus A340. Departure delayed 30 minutes due to some technical issue. Aircraft looked old, judging from the lousy seats and old interior. This is my first time seeing the smallest AVOD screen on aircraft which are square, lousy headset - all you can hear is the engine noise not the sound from the movie. The air stewardess was polite and kept asking whether you wanted a refill on your tea or coffee, they served a nice full meal for such a short flight.

KUWAIT AIRWAYS Customer review :  20 December 2012 by Rose Bryen    (UK)

LHR - Kuwait - Mumbai and back. Having checked in online with a specific seat, I was disappointed to find my seat occupied and the flight attendant was unwilling to act. I had to find another seat which was difficult as the plane was full. The seats were lumpy and food adequate. Attendants rather mechanical and unwilling to have conversations. 3 hour delay at Kuwait City. The return flights from Mumbai were similar but because they were not full you could at least spread out and choose a IFE screen that worked. The fact that the flights were not full is indicative of the standard of aircraft and service. The cheapest prices so you don't get the best product.

KUWAIT AIRWAYS Customer review :  20 November 2012 by Desai Swapnil    (India)

Mumbai-Kuwait-JFK and back. On our Kuwait to JFK leg we had an unscheduled stop over in Frankfurt. When we checked with the cabin crew we were told that it was a refuelling stop. They did not even announce this before take off. During the flight the snacks were left at the back of the flight, however, we were not informed of this. When I requested a soft drink I was told that if took it, I would not be served during my meal. During both trips the crew were rude, seats never reclined, food was stale and inadequate, inaudible in-flight announcements, dirty toilets, no blankets. Would never recommend this airline.

KUWAIT AIRWAYS Customer review :  15 November 2012 by Paul Burton    (UK)

LHR-JFK on 10/11/12 (KU101) and returned on 13/11/12 (KU102) in Business Class. Everything went smoothly. On arrival at LHR you can use the Gulf Air lounge, which is a very pleasant facility. We boarded without incident. Appeared to be a quiet flight. Staff members were excellent on both journeys. The food was interesting. They handed out some entertainment 'i tablet' type of thing, a screen with headphones. It worked well and there was a broad range of material pre-loaded onto it. The seat / cabin are old fashioned but not so as to seriously detract from the overall experience. The seat is not a flat folding seat. This is not BA Club World by any means; however, it is a fraction of the price of club world. On the return you can use the Oasis lounge at JFK. There was a scrum for the flight at the boarding gate. This was not the fault of the staff but the passengers. There was a real mix of passengers on the flight; many of whom did not know how to behave. The staff were very good and insisted on orderly boarding. We left and arrived safely, which is ultimately all you really want. Staff were courteous and helpful. Otherwise a good experience and it was 546 cheaper than the next cheapest flight.

KUWAIT AIRWAYS customer review :  28 September 2012 by J Mafnas   (Guam)

If you are traveling on an extremely tight budget, and don't care how you get to your destination, then this may be for you. Traveling with a Group of 12, this carrier managed to get our University of Guam Singers from Manila (MNL) to Kuwait (KWI) (via Bangkok, BKK), connecting to Rome (FCO). Aircraft was an A340 followed by an A300 that were extremely dated. The cabin looked old and had a stench that was not appealing. The seats were stained and looked overused. TV monitors were broken and fell out from the harness during the flight. The entertainment was obviously not working in any of our 12 seats. The inflight crew were like robots - going from seat to seat asking in the same monotone voice if passengers will be having dinner. No warmth, no personality in the hosts. In the end, our return flight was cancelled and although they paid for our hotel stay in Rome, we missed our connecting flights. All 12 of us were later put on another carrier which was much better than what we experienced originally flying with Kuwait.

1 2 3