Korean Air Passenger Reviews and Korean Air Customer Trip Reports

Korean Air Customer review :  15 August 2012 by K Lim    (Canada)

INC to KUL on 777-200 business class; 6 hour flight. Overall a pleasant experience. First time ever with Korean Air; an unintentional booking as it was a codeshare with Malaysia airlines. Well groomed FA's. Business class cabin has 2-2-2 configuration face front seating, spacious! IFE located in clumsy console in front and between seats, overly complex to navigate IFE as there are too many language options. Very confusing and frustrating. Bi bim bap for dinner a must have. Only downside is the weaker English speaking skills of the FA's. A great business class experience.

Korean Air Customer review :  3 August 2012 by Jennifer Knox    (New Zealand)

Paris - Auckland, cannot fault performance of the cabin crew, seats are comfortable. They supplied us with toothbrush, paste, padded eye mask and wipes and good entertainment. I also commend Incheon Airport's Tourist Transfer Hotel. We had a 10 hour layover in Seoul which was a bit daunting until we discovered the hotel. It cost us approximately 60 euros for 6 hours and we would have paid double that just to rest.

Korean Air Customer review :  2 August 2012 by E Kim    (Korea)

ICN-KIX-ICN: two short flights. First leg on a A333 and the second was on a B772. Both of the times, the cabin crew responded politely to all calls made and smiled. The seat was alright. However, the food was terrible. Only one choice was given both ways. To KIX was some kind of eel with rice. It just looked so bad. From KIX was a sandwich and was worse than ones that stores in Korea sell for $.99. My AVOD had to be reset but no problem, the crew did it within five minutes and apologized when they did not have to. Both flights arrived early.

Korean Air Customer review :  1 August 2012 by Fergus Bugg    (Australia)

ICN-LAX - Arrived at ICN airport to find out that my flight KE017 A380 flight will be delayed 2 hours which meant I would miss a connecting flight from LAX to Chicago. Even though I booked this flight separately the check-in agent spoke to her manager and re-booked a later connecting flight free of charge. Lounge at ICN is ok, I was expecting more given it's home base. Boarding was quick and efficient and I was very impressed with the business class layout, having flown Singapore airlines A380 on numerous occasions it was great to see an alternate layout. Plenty of leg room, and very comfy seat. TV screen is large, however the movie and TV selection isn't as extensive as Singapore or Qatar and the headsets the same as economy. The most impressive part of the A380 is the on-board bars at the front and back of the plane - excellent cocktails served with snacks. Dinner was served after take off and the food was excellent and steak cooked to your preference - I ordered medium and it was cooked to perfection! Overall a great experience and extremely friendly and efficient cabin crew.

Korean Air Customer review :  26 July 2012 by Michael Hollifield    (Korea)

ICN-ATL on 777-300ER. Seats were comfortable for 14 hours, ample leg room and recline. The seatback entertainment was better than on the old 747 because of bigger screen. My only complaint is that it's the same in both directions, so my options will be low on the return trip to ICN, but that's a small problem to have. The mood lighting in Economy was a nice touch! The service and staff - pleasant and graceful, even during severe turbulence. I opted for the Korean meals and they were delicious. Airport check-in was a breeze using the self service kiosk. Despite what appeared to be a large bag drop line, I was in and out of the drop line and x-ray procedure in less than 10 minutes.

Korean Air Customer review :  26 July 2012 by Paul Johns    (USA)

LAX to Narita (with 2 hour layover) and then to Incheon. Economy seats had a pillow, blanket, headphones, slippers, toothbrush, and toothpaste. I had the window seat. The seat itself was pretty roomy, able to stretch my feet below the seat in from of me. The food was great for a plane meal. There were about three options for each meal. They serve tea and coffee after each meal. Entertainment was great! Overall, I was very satisfied with the service. They spoke good English, and Japanese! They were very polite from start to end. Never failed to smile!

Korean Air Customer review :  26 July 2012 by G Kohen    (USA)

LAX to GRU in business. Service on the ground the best I have encountered. Left my cell in the cab and the ticket agent worked with me to get my phone back. Lounge was decent in LAX, but TBIT is awful. Very comfortable seat, with enough leg room for me at 6'3. Food service was very weak and I had to constantly ask for extra water as the FAs were nowhere to be found. Was hungry after both meals which was odd but they were very bready and lacked substance. Slept for most of the flight. Overall an outstanding flight with great ground service, and decent in flight service.

Korean Air Customer review :  12 July 2012 by G Capuano    (Macau)

Flew my family of 4 from Hong Kong to Brazil, service was great, all flights on time, only bad experience was on our way back in LAX. I was taking a later flight to HKG while my family went to Brazil, they would not allow me to check in early so I could assist my family through security with their earlier flight. With a 7 and a 1 year old, this was difficult for my wife. I was holding a business class ticket back but they still would not let me check in early. I found seats in business class uncomfortable and the seat pad was short. I'm 6'2" about 220 but while in the upright position it was uncomfortable. Good experience but the upgrade for 2k was not worth it.

Korean Air Customer review :  10 July 2012 by D Fraser    (Australia)

SYD-ICN-IAD return. Unfortunately if you travel from Australia to US via Korea - with a very long layover overnight - you don't qualify for hotel vouchers. Is not noted in promotional material (with different European policy apparently) and they weren't friendly even though I was travelling alone with 2 children. Could have been a lot more helpful.

Korean Air Customer review :  29 June 2012 by Maz Broughton    (Australia)

SYD-ICN-LHR return. First time with Korean Air and found the whole experience very satisfying. Lots of leg room for my husband who is very tall and interactive screens with plenty of choices. Staff were friendly and helpful, amenities were spotless and the food delicious. Vouchers for free accommodation and meals on the layover (on way across) was excellent. Would highly recommend this airline and would fly with them again.

Korean Air Customer review :  29 June 2012 by Kim Holloway    (Australia)

Just completed SYD-LGW return. Full flights to Gatwick were fantastic with about a 90 minute stopover at Incheon and avoiding Heathrow was a bonus. Return flights were the same except there were quite a few spare seats. We spent a night in Seoul and the KAL limousine service from/to the airport was effortless. Incheon airport is the best airport anywhere for every need travellers require. Friendly, happy crews, meals/snacks throughout, spotless toilets, quiet, relaxed passengers. The four 10-11 hour flights passed very quickly and either departed or arrived early and on time. The B777 were comfortable and clean with plenty of leg room and with an actual feeling of roominess. This has to be the best economy cabin/seating we have experienced. Could not fault any aspect of the trip and is most highly recommended.

Korean Air Customer review :  29 June 2012 by Cliodhna Lyons    (Ireland)

Have flown with countless different airlines all over the world and Korean Air rank up there as the best I've ever flown with. Have flown International with them from Japan and internally within Korea. Staff are wonderful - spoke prefect English to me even on the internal flights which I didn't expect. Best vegetarian meal I've had on a plane and wonderful airport ground staff when I got lost in Busan. Would fly with them every time I fly if I could.

Korean Air Customer review :  19 June 2012 by Paul Riley    (New Zealand)

Recently completed an AKL-LON return with Korean Air, my first experience of the airline. It won't be my last. I have done this trip over three dozen times and Korean has to be up there with the best. Four (almost) 12 hr sectors and all four crews were exceptional. Attentive, professional, courteous and smiling. Attendants in abundance, what a pleasant surprise. Aircraft B777 were spotless, seat pitch (34 in) as good as you get in economy and, especially, the newer 300ER with 10in (I think) screens and no cumbersome floor IE unit in the way. The loos were cleaned! Western food was a bit average, but really so what. Everything else was superb. Check in was easy in both Auckland and Heathrow. Korean Air, you were great.

Korean Air Customer review :  14 June 2012 by J Stokes    (Hong Kong)

Hong Kong to Seoul INC, Tashkent to Seoul INC, Seoul INC to Hong Kong. Planes were very clean and well maintained, cabin crew very smart and friendly, fast response to requests, good meal choices, AVOD excellent with a wide choice and many latest movies. Toilets very well kept and cleaned regularly. Highly recommended airline to everyone, better than Cathay Pacific and as good as All Nippon Airways.

Korean Air Customer review :  7 June 2012 by D Shier    (Thailand)

BKK-INC-Tel Aviv in Prestige class. A330-300 BKK-INC, Upgrade to first class cabin through online check-in. INC-Tel Aviv, 777-200 lie flat seats which are basically the old lie flat first class Kosmo sleeper - perfect for travel on any long hall flight. FA's were great, cabins were clean and food was ok. I have already booked another round trip on the same route for next month - excellent value for money.

Korean Air Customer review :  7 June 2012 by John Holdsworth    (Australia)

JFK-ICN-BNE. JFK-ICN Business Class on an almost new A380. Business class takes up the entire upper deck. The seat is a shell type with a full flat bed and excellent seat pitch (around 74'). IFE is good with a reasonable selection of movies, music and the sky show. Food and wines offered on this flight were of good quality. Flight attendants were excellent and very attentive and toilets were kept immaculately clean at all times. ICN-BNE on an A330-300, aircraft clean and well presented, seats were shell type with slightly angled lie flat beds. FA's were excellent as they had been on my previous 3 flights. I did not eat dinner on this flight, I flattened my bed out and managed to sleep until breakfast about 1 hour before we landed in Brisbane. Breakfast (a quiche) was not particularly appetising and I left most of it.

Korean Air Customer review :  7 June 2012 by John Holdsworth    (Australia)

BNE-ICN-JFK. BNE-ICN was 8am on A330-300 in Business Class (Prestige) aircraft was clean and well presented, seats are shell type angled lie flats, comfortable for both sitting and laying down. IFE was ok but not a huge choice of movies, headphones supplied are not noise cancelling and of poor quality. Food served was quite good but the wines fairly average. Flight attendants were excellent and kept up a ready supply of water or other drinks. ICN-JFK on a Boeing 777-300ER which was very new, seats are full flat beds with excellent seat pitch. IFE was as per the BNE-ICN flight and food and drinks were good. After dinner was served lights were dimmed, shades closed and everyone relaxed. Service was excellent, I travel with a CPAP machine and having a spare seat next to me is a great benefit. I have travelled with Korean a number of times and I think the service and the quality of the aircraft has improved substantially over that time.

Korean Air Customer review :  6 June 2012 by C Roberts    (USA)

LAX-ICN-KUL in Business "Prestige" Class. Excellent service on all fronts. Lounge area on the A380 is a very pleasant place to relax during the longer flight. Seats are very comfortable, although a higher quality headset, blanket and pillow would truly round out the product on offer.