Korean Air Passenger Reviews and Korean Air Customer Trip Reports

Korean Air Customer review :  21 February 2012 by G Miller    (Thailand)

BKK-ICN and ICN-LAX in Prestige class. Both aircraft had lie flat seats, good AVOD and good food. FA was gracious, and helpful. After a long 5-hour layover in ICN, I boarded the A380. I was in the first row upstairs and don't recommend that location as there's a lot of light and a bit of toilet and lounge traffic. The entire upper deck of the A380 is Business class seats.

Korean Air Customer review :  8 February 2012 by N J Bayley    (UK)

No significant delays on any of the 4 flights on my return journey to NZ. Friendly, efficient and courteous staff. Clean plane / facilities and as comfortable as an economy seat can be for a long haul flight! The over- night stopover in Seoul was a pleasure - very efficiently organised at both the airport and the hotel. My only grumble would be with the inflight food which was both boring and tasteless. I know it's an Asian airline, but surely there's only so many times you can be offered seaweed soup!

Korean Air Customer review :  8 February 2012 by A Walker    (Australia)

LHR-SYD Economy class with my husband and 22 month old son. Checked in 2 hrs prior to departure, after 30 minutes in line we found we had been assigned seats in different rows. We boarded only to sit on the tarmac for an hour. After take off my son became ill, I pressed the buzzer for help and the stewardess arranged to get him to the medical centre in the airport after disembarking. When getting back on the flight we saw 3 side seats free however just before we took off another couple swapped their seats and took them. My husband had no inflight entertainment and it was unable to be fixed. As the plane began to descend into Sydney we were moved to Business class (which was 75% empty) so that quarantine could talk to us before we got off the plane. I can safely say that after my nearly 15 years in the travel industry, I have never experienced such bad service.

Korean Air Customer review :  8 February 2012 by Ron Major    (Australia)

BNE-LHR and return CDG-BNE. Both flights stopped overnight at the Hyatt Regency, Incheon, courtesy of KAL. The organization at Incheon airport was swift and efficient. Flights from and to BNE were by Airbus 330-300, from and to Incheon by Boeing 747-400. Airbus was comfortable with an excellent AVOD system, while the Boeing was not as comfortable, and the AVOD not up to the standard of the Airbus. Meals on all legs were average, we were given a choice of Korean or Western, and only one choice in each. Still, at the price we obtained the fare, KAL has to economise somewhere. No in-between meal snacks, but plenty of water and juice. The real drawback was during daylight legs of the flights, when the meals had been cleared away, the cabin crew darkened the cabin, insisting blinds be drawn.

Korean Air Customer review :  31 January 2012 by S Han    (South Korea)

ICN-KIX-GUM and GUM-ICN return, both Economy. Travelled to Guam on an A330-300 which was well equipped with newer personal video-on-demand system and comfortable seats but return trip to Incheon on an old B747-400 was much less comfortable with terrible breakfast. We were offered a light meal during ICN- KIX and a dinner during KIX-GUM and both were good. Attendants were courteous and kind as were always. Check-in was quicker than expected at both ICN and GUM. Ground crew at KIX were attentive too.

Korean Air Customer review :  28 January 2012 by Christopher Ward    (UK)

Auckland via Seoul from Heathrow. The breakfast selection was very poor in that the only breakfast available was Korean. I think this is very poor as they should have catered to accommodate passenger requirements. The landing time to connection flight was only an hour and in that time you have to get through their internal security checks which takes up a lot of that time. So if you are thinking of getting your duty free you will not have allot of time as the connecting flight was delayed a little to accommodate the late passengers that was held up by internal security checks. Apart from that the rest of the flight was very good.

Korean Air Customer review :  27 January 2012 by J Jordan    (New Zealand)

New Zealand via Seoul layover to London Heathrow. As a high risk epileptic, at check-in my needs were explained, considered, and my service was exemplary from there on, an upgrade to allow me to sleep, fine food, good service during the leg and the second / final leg I was given a full row, again to accommodate my needs. Before my return, Korean Air help desk staff contacted me and assisted me personally upon my return. A upgrade was again arranged, wherein the service was, once again excellent. Worth every penny, they go the extra mile.

Korean Air Customer review :  23 January 2012 by C Lynn    (USA)

Chicago-Seoul-Manila. First flight from Chicago to Seoul was on a 747-4. 2nd flight Seoul to Manila was on a 777-3. Both flights offered personal TV's in the seat backs, which was nice. The 777 was newer then the 747, however despite the 747's age, it was still very clean and well kept. Staff on both flights were excellent. Always, friendly and professional. I found the seats to be comfortable, with a fair amount of leg room and good recline. The food on both flights was pretty good.

Korean Air Customer review :  20 January 2012 by L Colaco    (New Zealand)

Auckland-Incheon-Mumbai return. Seats in economy were comfortable and roomy. The meal was better than average and varied on each flight. Ground service was good. Inflight service was excellent, crew were courteous, efficient and caring. Toilets were kept clean throughout the flights.

Korean Air Customer review :  20 January 2012 by S Warren    (UK)

We travelled to Auckland via Seoul with Korean Air. Excellent value for money, good entertainment which helped make our 25 hour journey pass quickly. Staff friendly and service good. On the flight home my friend was ill, staff handled the situation very well. On arrival at Seoul we were met by friendly staff who took us on to the hospital.

Korean Air Customer review :  20 January 2012 by G Dufoyet    (France)

ICN-CDG in Business. The lounge is Seoul is very nice, quiet with a spectacular view to the apron. Flight was half empty. Seats were not completely flat and very uncomfortable both sitting and fully reclined. There seems to be something sticking against your bottom when seated. Staff were kind, the food is an absolute disgrace. The wine glass they have is small though the crew came around several times for refilling. Inflight entertainment was rather limited. The arrival gate door in CDG would not open and everyone waited over 10 minutes. First batch of bags arrived on the carousel almost 40 minutes after landing during which time no information at all was given.

Korean Air Customer review :  20 January 2012 by D Judd    (UK)

Crew were attentive and hospitable. Food choice, refreshments plentiful, and you didn't have to ask. The seat however was hard, and for business class this is what you pay for. Easy controls to transform seat to lying position, however the seat padding is hard and this needs to be looked into urgently.

Korean Air Customer review :  19 January 2012 by C Neilson    (Australia)

Brisbane to Incheon A330-300. Efficient right from check-in at BNE. Flight attendants, helped people find their seats, put away baggage, and made friendly conversation with passengers. Once in the air, service was excellent. If you buzzed for a flight attendant, there would be one beside your seat very quickly. However, despite all the good parts of the flight, we also learned that the inflight entertainment was still being upgraded on our route. All we had was a screen in the front of our section of the plane, showing preselected movies.

Korean Air Customer review :  18 January 2012 by E Hulsey    (Australia)

Melbourne-Seoul-Dallas return. I think I saw the whole range of their fleet! MEL-ICH: Old, stuffy 747. Entertainment range was good, but screens poor. Staff exhausted and short with passengers. A little skimpy on the wine. ICH-DFW return: Nice enough Airbus, comfortable, clean. Fast check-in, but wine almost impossible to come by. ICH-MEL. Brand new Airbus. Clean, brilliant entertainment, seats that slide forward a little when they recline so they they're a little flatter, and nice flight attendants. Avoid vegetarian meals. They alternate between delightful curries and horrible slabs of fake-meat with gravy.

Korean Air Customer review :  13 January 2012 by G Kohen    (USA)

LAX-GRU in First Class. Overall an excellent flight. Korean Air is the only non stop option on this route and it is a shame the service is not offered daily. Upgraded from Business to First at the Gate. Lounge is unimpressive but its TBIT so I don't really blame them. Service was outstanding, flat bed was comfortable. Dinner was a large amount of food and the AVOD very good. I slept the rest of the flight after dinner and woke up to a large breakfast. First Class cabin is very private with only eight seats. Crew seemed hidden for most of the flight but eager to help and had good command of English.

Korean Air Customer review :  10 January 2012 by J Brennan    (USA)

Honolulu-Seoul-Phnom Penh in Business Class. HNL-Seoul - seats, food service, entertainment - everything excellent. Change of plane in Seoul to an old 737 with terrible seats and video. Korean Air assumes it can use old planes on shorter flights (5.5 hrs), but fail to realize some passengers have already been in the air for 11 hrs and don't want to spend the last 5 hrs in uncomfortable seats. Would rate HNL-Seoul a 9 and Seoul-Phnom Penh 4.

Korean Air Customer review :  9 January 2012 by J Dawson    (UK)

Efficient service and no problems encountered on LHR-SEO then SEO-AKL return. I would recommend trying the more traditional Korean foods rather than the somewhat bland western meals. Staff were attentive and the seats were more than adequate.

Korean Air Customer review :  6 January 2012 by D Chan    (Canada)

Service was excellent, additional extras for overnight comfort were appreciated. Flew Incheon to HCMC return, both trips were excellent. I asked to change my seat to something closer to the exit and it was arranged immediately and with a smile. Mealwise - the meal was better than average. Entertainment options and customer service made Korean Air stand out.

Korean Air Customer review :  5 January 2012 by Denise Grahame    (UK)

December 2011, I and my 80 year old mother travelled Phuket via Seoul. My mother was apprehensive as she has mobility problems, from the moment we arrived at Heathrow and the check-in desk, staff were extremely helpful and attentive, this service was matched by the wonderful inflight cabin crew on both flights and the service in Incheon airport in Seoul. Inflight service, food and entertainment was very good but it was the extra service from staff that is to be recommended.

Korean Air Customer review :  4 January 2012 by A Yee    (Singapore)

The flight itself was quite comfortable, with an attentive crew. All the good service in the air is nullified by those on the ground. Check-in was a pain, with staff running across different counters, leaving passengers half-checked-in and stranded clueless with nobody serving. I witnessed one poor passenger ignored for a full 30 minutes. The smiles were superficial and the attitude snobbish. Once you get over this part, the flight itself is reasonably comfortable. Food isn't fantastic though.

Korean Air Customer review :  30 December 2011 by Steven Hales    (UK)

747-400 to Sydney Australia on December 10th return. At check-in I requested an exit row seat as I am 6 ft 3, I was given a window seat, and was told the door sticks out but not enough to make me uncomfortable. This was a lie and I was very uncomfortable! On my second leg to Sydney I stuck with seat 56J back row, window seat, two seater, I was much more comfortable, despite the seats on Korean Air feeling like you're sitting on a bench. On my first leg they ran out of Diet Coke 2 hours into a 11 hour flight. I was offered Korean or Western food, Korean food got a lot more than western food. Staff took 20 minutes to answer my bell. Staff brought round snacks once on all flights and the only thing offered was peanuts. They brought round drinks twice on all 4 long haul flights, but didn't bring the drinks trolley round, they brought round trays of orange juice and water. The only positive thing I can say is that the overnight stay at Harbour Park Hotel was nice, and well organised.

Korean Air Customer review :  25 December 2011 by D Towers    (New Zealand)

Dec 2011 AKL-ICN flight on 747 -400. We travelled with 2 children 3 and 4 yrs old and were dreading the flight. We had pre-booked a row of 4 seats hoping we could lift the armrests so the kids could lay flat, however we found the centre rest wouldn't move. This was the only downside to our flight, the crew seemed to be ever present with snacks and drinks. Children's meals were of good quality as were the adult meals. IFE was also good. Crew provided children's goodie bags.

Korean Air Customer review :  25 December 2011 by A Fowler    (UK)

Disappointed with all aspects. I flew Ulaanbaatar to London via Seoul. Despite me telling check-in staff in Ulaanbaatar I needed my bags in Seoul as I had an overnight stopover, they checked them through to London. The seats on Ulaanbaatar to Seoul leg had adequate legroom but the headrest was low, digging into my back and shoulders. The food on both flights was terrible and inflight service was poor. Staff didn't have a good command of English and I could not understand the inflight announcements. Inflight entertainment was ok, having spent 4,500 on a business class return I was extremely unhappy.

Korean Air Customer review :  20 December 2011 by J Clarkson    (New Zealand)

London to Auckland via Seoul September 2011. Service exceeded all expectations. Massive amount of entertainment (on both flights) and the first time I'd seen touch screens. Excellent service and food. Perhaps this is because both planes seemed to be new. Journey to Auckland was on a jumbo - because of the Rugby World Cup. I will definitely travel with them again if the price continues to be so reasonable.

Korean Air Customer review :  9 December 2011 by S Gervais    (Canada)

Economy Class ICN-SIN B777. Check-in very efficient. As an airline alliance gold card holder I was granted access to KE's very nice BC lounge at ICN. Cabin crew very professional. 3 hot meal choices in YC. I enjoyed the Korean bibimbap meal. Pre arrival I was also offered a hot snack. IFE was great. The largest duty free selection I've seen on any airline. All in all a great flight.

Korean Air Customer review :  7 December 2011 by S Thomson    (South Korea)

What a horrible flight. I used my points to upgrade to business class on a flight from Siem Reap to Seoul. The business class had no TV or entertainment, seats about 20% bigger than economy, that reclined no more than an economy seat. Throughout the flight, economy passengers were allowed to come up and use the toilets in business class.

Korean Air Customer review :  1 December 2011 by C Chua    (Japan)

NRT-ICN-NRT. Flight into Seoul, check-in was fast. Check-in for flight into Japan took so long (as flight's final destination was US), which was quite annoying as I felt they could have had a separate line for those dropping out of itinerary halfway. As a result, shopping time in ICN was reduced considerably. As for flight attendants, some provided really professional service, can speak Japanese, Korean and English fluently (same for some pilots inflight). As for the IFE, they have a selection of new, old, Korean, Hollywood, European films, some documentaries and sitcoms. Be cautioned though that selection was the same for the inbound-outbound flight. As for the food, the rice dish was too small, about 3/4 the normal size. Had been quite hungry for the rest of the flight.

Korean Air Customer review :  30 November 2011 by T Strzelecka    (USA)

I took two long trips from LA to Bangkok, via Seoul, the other flying LA to Beijing return from Hong Kong to LA. Both were in economy. The service is professional and attentive throughout. The bathrooms are kept spotlessly clean. The food is nothing to write home about, but the option of Korean dishes is welcome. The entertainment selection is decent. The seats are very close together and the space is cramped. The only good seats are in the back of the plane, but it is hard to reserve those. In previous years once one booked a ticket it was possible to call the airline and book the seats. Now they cancelled this option and one can only select seats 30 days in advance. They also tend to overheat the planes, so plan to take your layers off after you board. Overall, I would say it is 7 out of 10, and I'd recommend it to anyone who does not mind being cramped during flight.

Korean Air Customer review :  29 November 2011 by Ayesha Wadud    (Bangladesh)

Bangkok to Honolulu return. The seats were very small so not a comfortable option for elders with circulation problems. However, staff were friendly, frequently offering fresh juices and water during the long flight. Great selection of entertainment to keep me occupied. However, the only drawback was that they take back the headphones too early before landing. Also, too many inflight interruptions in 3 languages which virtually disrupts an entertaining experience. Food could be better.

Korean Air Customer review :  23 November 2011 by C Leppington    (China)

Incheon to Dallas. I got an old 747 rather than a new 777. The flight was great, good entertainment, friendly staff and good food. The only problem is the seats are tiny. I sat down and my knees were wedged against the seat in front. When the seat in front was reclined, the video screen was inches from my nose. Even so, I'd fly them again.

Korean Air Customer review :  18 November 2011 by T Parrish    (USA)

Chicago O'Hare to Seoul, return two weeks later. The seats were more comfortable with more leg room than expected, so I was able to sleep in Economy Class. Flight attendants were professional and helpful. While the meals weren't always to my taste, they were served and cleaned up efficiently. An unexpected perk was the layover in Seoul where I was able to enjoy the 4th floor "Rest and Relax" area.

Korean Air Customer review :  17 November 2011 by R Hargrove    (USA)

My wife and I travelled to Seoul. I tried to reserve an aisle side 3 times before the flight, but they refused even though they had plenty of aisles open. We wound up paying a premium price for the ticket, as it turned out the seats were unbelievably cramped even though plane was touted as new "equipment". Flight attendants smiled but did not engage customers at all in conversation. Food portions were unbelievably small. It was a very disappointing experience at every customer touch point.

Korean Air Customer review :  16 November 2011 by A Hornbuckle    (Australia)

BNE-ICH-IST return LHR-ICH-BNE. Outward journey in October return in November. On very long flights surely inflight entertainment could be rotated. Same applies to the Menus - same on all flights, east or west makes no difference. Cabin staff have a poor understanding of English - they didn't seem to be a staff member that could speak fluent English. All attendants seem obsessed with was serving food and getting the shutters down as soon as possible. When I board a day flight I do not want to sit in the dark for the next 10 hours. Other than the leg room advantage in Business class, I feel it is a lot of money to pay for the privilege. Even the standard of Airport lounges have been downgraded.

Korean Air Customer review :  14 November 2011 by B McHenry    (USA)

Manila to LA and the flight was great. Staff were hospitable. Most impressive was how they handled a delay. My Manila to Seoul flight was delayed and I was going to miss my connection, on arriving they had staff waiting to meet passengers and direct them to connections as fast as possible and had held up connecting flights so everyone could make flights. My flight was also delayed into LA where I had another connection. Once again, there were staff waiting for us so they could direct and usher us as fast as possible to other connections.

Korean Air Customer review :  11 November 2011 by C Lee    (USA)

JFK-ICN on A380. Staff are quite attentive, boarding is orderly, bathrooms are kept clean, 180 degree flat beds and nice to have a manned bar at the back of the plane. Meals are above average. However, unable to pre-book seats online unless a skypass member, very limited AVOD for a 14 hour flight and overhead storage seems smaller and limited. Major advantage for me is that it flies direct from east coast.

Korean Air Customer review :  9 November 2011 by Jeffrey Tjandrajana    (Canada)

CGK-ICN-YYZ. Good cabin crew although English skills are poor. Food was good. The PTV did not work well on the first leg because the touch screen was not responsive, but the second leg was much better. The aircraft was clean. Overall, I was impressed.

Korean Air Customer review :  7 November 2011 by Brian Smith    (Tokyo)

NRT-ICN-HKG return all on Prestige Class. Their A380-800 experience in business class is very good, and so was the 777-300, but the older 747 service isn't quite so. I wish they were more consistent. Overall they provide good service, clean lavatories, clean aircraft, well-dressed FA's, and wonderful vegetarian meals. AVOD is good, but on a long-haul may be very limited.

Korean Air Customer review :  27 October 2011 by H R Goldman    (Australia)

Brisbane-Seoul, my wife flew Seoul-Toronto and I flew Seoul-London. Return flights the same routes. All flights left and arrived on time. All flights were business class and we saved $7,000 on an alternative offering from Cathay Pacific. Cabin staff were very good, English left something to be desired.

Korean Air Customer review :  22 October 2011 by K Ono    (USA)

LAX to Narita return. Usual amenities including pillow, blanket, water, slippers, newspaper, etc. Food was good, but nothing outstanding. Cabin interior in good condition. Bathrooms kept clean. Inflight entertainment had good selection of audio and video programming. Cabin crew on return flight offered beverages frequently, more so than on outgoing flight. No snacks were offered with exception of peanuts on initial beverage service.

Korean Air customer review :  22 October 2011 by Ken Sriv (USA)

Chicago to Bangkok with 1 child and 1 infant. Advance seat assignment not been honored at the checkin due to plane change without any notification. One of my children ended up sitting on a seat without any parent around. Ground crew at Chicago did not want to offer any help. All they said that it was a full flight. I was there 2 hours and 30 minutes before departure. Plenty of time to assist and none whatsoever. Bad service for the 1st time flying with Korean Air. The funny part was same thing happened at BKK but the ground staff there was willing to help and I could sit with both of my children in the returning flight.

Korean Air customer review :  22 September 2011 by M Buck (Thailand)

BKK-ICN-LAX return. All flights on newly refurbished cabins on A330-300 and B777-300 and B777-300ER. Staff are attentive to any special requests or requirements. Food and drink service was very good. Nice greetings at ICN for my connecting flights by KE ground staff. KE boarding pass entitled me to a discount at the pay-in lounge at ICN. All transitions were smooth, flight attendants were professional in addressing my needs. The price was good compared to other airlines.

Korean Air customer review :  19 September 2011 by D Yoon (USA)

JFK-ICN on 747-400, ICN-JFK on 777-300er The Business Class lounge at JFK is wanting. Limited range of refreshments are provided, ie cheese, crackers and muffin assortments. It is dimly lit and small. Onboard, the flight menu hasn't changed much in 10 years. They serve red wine chilled in mini glasses. Overall, the attention to detail in their customer service aspect has diminished over the years. Further, the new 180 degree position seats are cold, firm and uncomfortable. The Business Class lounge at ICN is large and well lit. However, because ICN is the hub for KAL, it is always packed with waiting passengers. I've also noticed over the years that the assortment of available food items has shrunk here also. Onboard, I will never again fly 14+ hrs non-stop on a B777, too noisy and too cramped. Concerning the cabin crew, the service is always better, although nominally, when flying out of the states. When flying back to the states, the flight crew seem to have it in mind not to be as attentive to passenger concerns.

Korean Air customer review :  6 September 2011 by U Hosterbach (South Korea)

Incheon-Heathrow. A disappointing performance. Seats the most uncomfortable I have sat on in Business. Even in cradle position you still slide (and I'm only 1.70 meters). No drinks offered after take off until 1.5 hours into the flight. No aperitif - just 4 wines. Food boring with little taste. Video screen small, movie selection far away from what other carriers offers. Flight attendants not really interested.

KOREAN AIR customer review :  1 September 2011 by D Vaid (Thailand)

Bangkok to Pusan in Economy. You cannot pre-book seats online, unless you join their program. So I had to get what was left at check-in on a pretty full flight. No refreshments or food offered or served, after we departed from Bangkok, until the early hours when landing in Pusan. Not a great traveling experience.

KOREAN AIR customer review :  30 August 2011 by Richard Wong (Australia)

Sydney to London via South Korea. I was impressed by the legroom, the quality of the plane (777) and the stewardesses. Toilets were cleaned every few hours, more than plentiful food offered, and a free 5 star stopover in Incheon.

KOREAN AIR customer review :  29 August 2011 by G Belai (Kenya)

BKK-ICN return in Economy. Seats have generous leg room. Staff excellent on both flights and always around to assist. One of the flight attendants went around the cabin giving pens to fill out arrival forms. IFE was great and it started working from before we took off until after we landed. Food was average which was the only let down on both flights. Good staff, ground and onboard and this was the 2nd cheapest on this route without a stop.

KOREAN AIR customer review :  28 August 2011 by Gary Upton (UK)

LHR-ICN-MEL-ICN-LHR First flight on B747. Good flight, service, entertainment. Food lovely, staff friendly and polite. Second flight to/from Melbourne on brand new A330 and same again, excellent choice of entertainment and regular refreshments from friendly staff.

KOREAN AIR customer review :  20 August 2011 by Michael Hollifield (USA)

ATL-ICN on 747. Boarding went smoothly, albeit the announcements were hard to hear and they actually just shouted zones. Onboard a feeling of being a big older, but the seat had plenty of amenities: water, blanket, pillow, slippers, headphones. Seats fairly comfortable for an aisle seat. Cabin crew professional and polite. Food was tasty but the dinner was basic.

KOREAN AIR customer review :  15 August 2011 by Harry Lee (USA)

I was flying Los Angeles-Tokyo, Tokyo-Incheon and Incheon-Manila. Seats were comfortable with new individual screens filled with varieties of entertainment options. The meal was good especially from Seoul to Manila.

KOREAN AIR customer review :  10 August 2011 by Shaun Wong (Hong Kong)

HKG-ICN A380, ICN-FRA B777. First time flying Korea Air and I was impressed. Cabin crew smartly dressed, friendly and efficient, nothing was too much trouble. Cabins spacious and airy and spotlessly clean. Upgraded along with my partner to the Kosmo suites from Prestige class on FRA-ICN return sector, although still prestige class service. I would suggest Korean Air include noise cancelling headsets for their Prestige Class and more AVOD choices for longer haul flights.

KOREAN AIR customer review :  10 August 2011 by John Dillon (USA)

I flew to Saigon via Incheon. I asked for an exit aisle seat and got it with plenty of room. They fed us 5 times on the 14 hour flight to Incheon and 3 times on the flight to Saigon. Whenever I wanted a beer I got one and free of charge. Same for the return journey. The staff were very friendly and efficient.

KOREAN AIR customer review :  10 August 2011 by Brian E Smith (Tokyo)

NRT-ICN-DPS-SIN-ICN-NRT in Business class. Besides the fact the AVOD does not have an extensive list of choices for such long flights, I cannot fault Korean Air. The flight attendants were well dressed, smiling and spoke English well. The vegetarian special meals were inventive. I was lucky enough to fly the A380 between NRT and ICN and it is a joy. There is a full bar in the back, and a mini one up front. The seats on the A380 are completely lie flat and very comfortable for sleeping, if not a bit hard. The A380 is also extremely quiet. The lounge in Icheon was a bit overcrowded, but it is the summer travel season.

KOREAN AIR customer review :  8 August 2011 by Tom Hill (Vietnam)

SGN-IAD and return, transferring at ICN both times. Hard working and well turned out staff. Spotless 777s. The terminal in Seoul is comfortable and affords easy transfer. Lots of leg room for average sized Western male. AVOD and catering more than adequate. Excellent value for money.

KOREAN AIR customer review :  1 August 2011 by B Chudleigh (Australia)

SYD-ICN-LHR-ICH-SYD. Ground staff and cabin crew were very helpful and friendly. Stopover in Seoul well organised with high quality food and accommodation at the Hyatt Incheon, 5 mins from the airport. We flew on 747 and 777 200, both clean, modern interior and spacious although the bulky inflight shopping magazines etc limited leg room. AVOD was functional on all legs, though the small selection of movies and TV shows was definitely exhausted by the end of the last leg back into SYD. Value for money I could not fault Korean Air and would certainly recommend this airline.

KOREAN AIR customer review :  31 July 2011 by J Fulton (UK)

I will not fly with them again (have done so twice in last 6 months) until they let some daylight into the cabin! I hate the way they close all the blinds and turn off lights basically straight after takeoff - even when I boarding at 7am in Auckland they rush your food out and then slam the whole show into darkness. You spend two days in the dark when flying with them from London to Auckland/Auckland London each time. I know they think it calms the passengers and gives the cabin crew less work if we are all in the dark but I am fed up with it. Everything else was great but until they let us see some daylight when flying I will not fly with them again, even if they are the best price. I am sure that being shut up in the dark for so long on their flights, contributes to jet lag on arrival.

KOREAN AIR customer review :  30 July 2011 by N Short (New Zealand)

Auckland via Seoul to Fukuoka. Flight leaving Auckland was delayed by about an hour which meant we missed our connecting flight to Fukuoka. However Korean Air put us up in a 5 star hotel in Seoul with Dinner and Breakfast. 7B47-400 Auckland to Seoul was spacious, but slightly old. IFE system good, but had no-where near the range of Emirates. Korean Air still give all children toys for the flight, and economy class passengers a small toiletry bag. Flight attendant uniform very nice. Service onboard very polite and helpful. Found cabin staff presence through-out long haul flight quite low however - but when I pressed the call button, an attendant would be there happily within a minute. Seat legroom good on both legs, particularly for a short flight between Korea and Japan. A330 IFE much better than the 747 IFE. Meal between Seoul and Fukuoka was great but rather ambitious for such a short flight, making the cabin crew on that leg very rushed. Only bad parts of this leg where the lack of cabin presence by attendants. Incheon airport very nice, although Iprefer Hong Kong over Incheon. Biggest flaw with Korean Air is the terribly poor level of English spoken. I could understand if there was a low level of English between Fukuoka and Incheon. But between Auckland and Seoul I would expect to have at least one attendant fluent in English. But they often couldn't understand what I was saying which made organising what we had to do due to our late flight on the way over difficult with the flight attendants.

KOREAN AIR customer review :  22 July 2011 by Hangyun Kim (South Korea)

ICN-IAD Economy class. Ground service at Incheon was excellent. Everything was fast and smooth and it only took 10-15 mins for me to check-in, clear security and pass immigration. FA's were very friendly and had smiles all the way to Washington DC. I enjoyed the hospitality throughout the flight. Inflight entertainment was very good quality. AVOD offered recent Hollywood box office movies, TV comedy programmes and numerous other entertainment. Meal was excellent. Bibimbop was delicious, pizza was offered as a snack. Sufficient leg room, very clean loo. Korean Air even offers an amenity pack for Economy Class passengers.

KOREAN AIR customer review :  21 July 2011 by G Aggers (Australia)

SYD-ICH-LON (return). Cabin crew, food, inflight entertainment, overall service and experience all of a very high standard. In addition, it was a child-friendly service. The SYD-ICH-LON leg comes with a stopover in Seoul as part of the ticket price. This was great (even if the queuing at Icheon Seoul airport was a bit onerous) and we arrived in London very refreshed. The return LON-ICH-SYD was hard work. Both legs are overnight flights with a 5hr wait at Icheon airport. It could be worth a stopover - particularly if travelling with a child. Overall, based on my experience, I would definitely recommend Korean Air.

KOREAN AIR customer review :  6 July 2011 by J Min (South Korea)

ICN-PVG roundtrip in Y. Newly refurbished A330 is great. Big LCD touch screen, wide and comfortable seats and great pitch. The plane is as good as new. Flight attendants were well groomed with fancy uniform. However, they were more interested in grooming and selling duty free items than actually serving passengers. Meals were mediocre at best, they were rushed to the passengers followed by quick collection to open up for the duty free sales. Great hardware but no human touch.

KOREAN AIR customer review :  5 July 2011 by M Hori (Japan)

I took Korea Air new aircraft airbus-380 flight between Tokyo (Narita)-Seoul (Incheon) last month. It was really smooth flight and even in Economy Class the seat is very conformable. Airbus is very quiet and smooth on route. Flight Attendant are all friendly and polite but they seem to be a bit nervous for new aircraft. As for Japanese citizen often fly to Korea, I am always impressed by both mega carriers of Korea, Korean Air and Asiana for their good services and conformable aircraft compare to JAL and ANA. The quality of services on Korean Air and Asiana are getting better year by year, instead JAL and ANA are getting bad. However, inflight meal of Korean air is not preferable for the short leg flights.

KOREAN AIR customer review :  17 June 2011 by Tom Hill (Vietnam)

SGN-ICN-IAD: immaculate 777s on both legs. Lots of leg room and recline, good AVOD. Ground staff in SGN was excellent with an easy transfer through ICN. Lots of leg room and recline. FAs were professional & helpful. They were also stylishly turned out, which matters. I do miss the Korean entrees that this excellent airline used to offer.

KOREAN AIR customer review :  14 June 2011 by J Jensen (USA)

LAX-ICN-KUL. One of the bad parts of the trip was a 13 hour layover in Seoul, but Korean put us in a hotel for free - we could have opted for a free four hour tour of Seoul. All staff very polite and friendly, inflight entertainment system was great. Staff brought drinks around about every 45 minutes. We were on an older B747 towards the back but it was two seats instead of three, so gave us a lot of space to put everything. One nice thing, they handed out slippers!

KOREAN AIR customer review :  8 June 2011 by James Kim (USA)

Extremely disappointing customer service. Beware of buying sleeper seats - they have often switched planes on me last minute without notice and don't make up the difference between the sleeper seat and regular business class seats. My experiences with the Korean Air representatives is that they are extremely rude and unprofessional. I fly to Korea often but find that Asiana Airlines is a much better choice.

KOREAN AIR customer review :  8 May 2011 by N Turner (USA)

IAD-ICN-HKT-IAD Boeing 777 with good seat pitch, able to stretch legs and comfortable for economy. Excellent AVOD with large screens and new movies to choose from. Cabin was very clean, and cabin crew friendly and helpful. Seoul is a really nice airport to transit through.

KOREAN AIR customer review :  4 May 2011 by M Maya (Australia)

Seats quite comfy, good legroom, cabin clean. Flight attendants attentive and polite although English is not their strong point. Meals were decent although it felt quite rushed during meal times. By the time I got mine, someone would be strolling by offering coffee or beginning to clear away trays. AVOD excellent with latest movies. The newer planes had USB ports to charge your ipod. I received a free stopover in Seoul outbound and that was terrific although quite disorganised at the airport.

KOREAN AIR customer review :  11 April 2011 by Peter Butterworth (UK)

Internal flight Daegu - Incheon, on which my wife and I had a confirmed booking. Normal check and security clearance proceeding through to departure lounge. Shortly prior to scheduled departure the departure notice board advised the flight was on hold. No advice was given as to action required. After a lot of confusion we proceeded back through security to find our baggage dumped in the checking area without any advise or security. Korean air staff were ineffectual and totally unprepared for any form of customer aid. We experienced a delay of approx. 3.5 hours and eventually made our connecting flight.

KOREAN AIR customer review :  10 April 2011 by N Cox (Hong Kong)

ICN-YVR. Check in and ground service at Incheon excellent. Inflight service disorganized and of poor quality. Cabin crew have poor to non-existent English language skills. My seat 10J was hard and made sleeping difficult. Minimal seat upholstery. Overhead luggage bins utilized to store cabin service equipment or crew luggage. Older model 777-200. Food quality is deteriorating each year. Menu selection the same as two years ago. First class is similar but not worth the extra tariff for the same service level and amenities as Business.

KOREAN AIR customer review :  4 April 2011 by John Beattie (UK)

LHR-ICN, my first class flight experience and was expecting something very special. Reality was a disappointment and not much better than business class - certainly not worth considerable extra expense or air miles. Seats recline to 180 degrees instead of 160 for business, but otherwise everything is the same. Discovered that the seat next to me, which was empty at takeoff, was marked with a sign for flight attendants to rest! Attendants resting in first class? Service from the attendants was super-smiley and Koreans are renowned for their hospitality - almost too much at times, and it can be hard to get some peace and privacy. Cutlery was strange : metal forks and spoons, but plastic knives which I suspect were recycled. I know that metal knives are a security issue, but other airlines use blunt-ended metal ones in business. Food was certainly no better than business class and the whole experience was similar to KLM business class, without the grumpy KLM flight attendants.

KOREAN AIR customer review :  25 March 2011 by Stephen Elgie (UK)

London to Auckland and enjoyed the leg room. Service fast and efficient and now with screens in all seats.

KOREAN AIR customer review :  19 March 2011 by T Fillary (UK)

LHR-ICN-HoChiMinh, Siem Reap-ICN to LHR. AVOD on all but Siem Reap - ICN. Excellent service, good food, clean and good sized seats for economy.

KOREAN AIR customer review :  14 March 2011 by Mark Downey (USA)

LAX-ICN-SYD-SEA, horrible service for the most part. Flight Attendants performed minimal of service. We needed to change our meal service on every leg of trip to accommodate other passengers. Went over three hours before we saw a flight attendant at one point.

KOREAN AIR customer review :  5 March 2011 by V Godbold (UK)

LHR-ICN-MEL return. We found the legroom perfectly acceptable on B747 and Airbus. Toilets were cleaned regularly. During daytime flights the cabin crew came round regularly with soft drinks (alcohol on request) and during the night flights were checking on passengers. The meals were good and entertainment excellent. The 20 hour stopover in Seoul at the Hyatt Regency was excellent, lovely room dinner and breakfast was included, with a voucher for sandwich or buffet lunch at the airport before our flight. I chose Korean Air because their flights to Australia were 300 pounds per person cheaper than all the other major airlines.

KOREAN AIR customer review :  1 March 2011 by C Arnauld (UK)

SYD-ICN-LHR return. Excellent value for money, downside is legroom on 747, which seems to not be comfortable for people over 5ft 8. I would strongly recommend to anybody to book a seat in the back 3 rows of economy which for some reason have more legroom, and are seated in pairs. Staff friendly and happy and I was well looked after. Inflight entertainment excellent. Choice of Korean or Western dishes. Good food. Included a free stopover on outbound flight, an excellent 4 star hotel in Seoul, with meals provided. Seoul Airport excellent for entertainment, shopping, and transit stops.

KOREAN AIR customer review :  22 February 2011 by Manoj De Mel (Australia)

Friendly and helpful staff, recommended for the families travel with kids. Food is not the great, but not bad. The transit hotel provided was fantastic and hotel staff friendly and supportive. Most of the staff speak English but not fluently. Flights are comfortable and are equipped with touch control entertainment system in Economy class.

Earlier comments for Korean Air have been archived (ie. prior to the date of last comment above).