KLM Customer Reviews and KLM Passenger Trip Reports

KLM Royal Dutch Airlines Customer review :  21 October 2013 by G Lowe     (Thailand)

Flew BKK-MAN, April 2013 with a 7 month old baby. Paid a little extra to have seats at the back of the aircraft. Flight out slightly older 777, seat not that comfortable and screen too small. Flight attendants the best I have met, slightly more mature ladies with children so they really know how to help you out with a baby. They took it turns to carry my daughter around the cabin and went out their way to be helpful with food. Schipol airport is the best airport I have ever been to for small children. Dedicated lounge, staff, changing facilities, cots for babies, playgrounds all free. Food at Schipol great value and quality. Manchester is awful, no help with luggage. no baby facilities, welcome to blighty (not). Second flight to Manchester, efficient and well run. Flight home was on a very windy day, flight had a go around at Schipol. Schipol again fantastic for the little one. We had 90kg of luggage (even a baby bath) and KLM took care of everything for a small fee. Flight home to BKK again outstanding cabin staff (no dumb pretty trolly dollies), 777 though needs a refit. Buy some A380/ dreamliners KLM and you would be one of the absolute best airlines. Highly recommended for babies.

KLM Royal Dutch Airlines Customer review :  21 October 2013 by Julio Fernandez     (USA)

I flew from NYC to Amsterdam and back to NYC in full planes that had such tight seating that it made it very uncomfortable. KLM is squeezing every tiny last bit of space from the cabin. The little entertainment screens are so small and of such low resolution that they are unpleasant to watch. The earphones are the cheapest of the cheap and useless. In both trips the bathrooms were smelly and unclean from the start. Not flying again with them.

KLM Royal Dutch Airlines Customer review :  8 October 2013 by K Guitron     (USA)

I traveled on flight # KL 6120 from Amsterdam to Detroit on 10/1/13 and was extremely impressed with the customer service! The crew were like a well oiled machine, serving refreshments and meals in an efficient and timely manner. The crew was very helpful and friendly. I would definitely fly KLM again and will recommend them to others! My only complaint is that my TV remote didn't work very well.

KLM Royal Dutch Airlines Customer review :  7 October 2013 by Dan Scott     (USA)

AMS-OTP. 17/9/2013, Economy-class, seat 22F, B737, on time. Nice and comfortable flight. Cabin crew friendly and professional, pilots informative, food and drinks were above average. This airline has a feel of durability and "old-school" quality in it's operations. Also I would like to note that Schiphol is not the perfect airport. Still you can almost literally park your car in front of main building, walk 5 minutes, check-in, walk 5 min, baggage drop-off and that at a airport that handles 50+ million passengers per year.

KLM Royal Dutch Airlines Customer review :  4 October 2013 by E Clarke     (UK)

Flew from Norwich to Amsterdam and then into JFK. The seats were roomy, the entertainment good, the meal was actually very nice and the cabin crew some of the friendliest I have come across. My mum needed a wheelchair at JFK and Amsterdam and I had booked this beforehand. As soon as we got on board the Amsterdam flight, we were told that a wheelchair would await us off the plane. Same happened on the flight to the US. It was a great flight for someone (like me) who isn't keen on flying! Flying from Norwich is a real bonus for me, as I only live 25 mins away from Norwich airport. Bit disappointed in the way back as JFK to Amsterdam was with Delta and, although I believe they are part of KLM, they weren't anywhere near as good. Meal disappointing and cabin crew not so friendly. Had to ask them about the wheelchair situation. Seats were cramped which was a real downer for a night flight.

KLM Royal Dutch Airlines Customer review :  3 October 2013 by Khawla Amin     (Qatar)

Norwich to Montreal via Amsterdam. First sector on Fokker 70. Pleasant flight, crew courteous in a mechanical kind of way, biscuit, tea and coffee were served. Amsterdam to Montreal was on MD-11 which surprised me since I didn't think that they were still in service. Food was adequate, crew friendlier than those from Norwich. However, after getting over the novelty of MD-11, I think KLM should seriously think of replacing them on such a busy long route as Montreal. The seats are excellent and roomy, however, this is a long trans-atlantic flight and putting an aircraft with no individual IFE's on it is inexcusable. Also, the seats are old and worn and the aircraft quite noisy. All in all an acceptable flight but nothing special.

KLM Royal Dutch Airlines Customer review :  1 October 2013 by Phil Elderton     (UK)

MSE-AMS-ABZ. Tried the new KLM service from Manston (Kent International) to Amsterdam then connecting to Aberdeen. MSE is a tiny airport with KLM sole operator, check in, security and loading was such an easy process. Flight time was only 35 mins in Fokker 70 jet. Comfortable and staff very attentive for such a short flight. Connection in Amsterdam seamless. Was going to fly BA from Heathrow but from where I live the option of flying from a UK airport to another UK airport via the Netherlands was quicker and cheaper. Have booked to go to Lima via MSE/AMS as a result.

KLM Royal Dutch Airlines Customer review :  30 September 2013 by Danzel Samuel     (Indonesia)

CGK-KUL. Plane was delayed due to technical problem and heavy air traffic coming in and out of Jakarta. However, crew apologised for the delay but the food was not good, poor of choice.

KLM Royal Dutch Airlines Customer review :  25 September 2013 by J Houweling     (Netherlands)

Amsterdam - NYC JFK. Very good service. Plenty of food and drinks with very nice staff.

KLM Royal Dutch Airlines Customer review :  19 September 2013 by Brian Hewitt     (UK)

Flew NCL-AMS-BLQ and return. All flights on time and on an E190 aircraft. Seat quite comfortable, and cabin crew on all sectors very efficient, friendly and helpful. All flights left on time and arrived early. Will use KLM again.

KLM Royal Dutch Airlines Customer review :  19 September 2013 by S Minter     (Australia)

Flew Business from Denpasar to Singapore after paying for an upgrade at Check-in. The shared lounge at Denpasar was not the best - food was so-so and access didn't even include free WiFi but from there the experience was great. Boarding was painless; the cabin crew were really friendly yet professional, the plane was well-presented. Food was reasonable but probably of lower standard than some other airlines and as noted elsewhere the IFE product was competitive with other airlines. The stand-out though was the crew - they were brilliant and really made the flight pleasant.

KLM Royal Dutch Airlines Customer review :  18 September 2013 by A Witham     (Germany)

Zurich to Chicago with a layover in Amsterdam. My flights to Chicago were wonderful. They upgraded the plane to a 747 from a smaller aircraft and made announcements on board that after we were in the air they would move people around. I was moved from an aisle seat with 2 people next to me to an aisle seat with 2 empty seats next to me. I found the food service quite good and the flight attendants very friendly. While I would have liked a better selection of movies to watch, the amount of TV shows I could choose from made up for it. However the flight home was a bit different. When I checked in at the airport I was given a middle seat although I had specifically booked aisle seats for my entire trip even paying to upgrade when I needed to. After a bit of hassle at the check in counter, this was resolved by giving me an aisle seat in the exit row. The exit row seats are very narrow, I had to wedge into it and if you were very large it would be very uncomfortable. At take off and landing the flight attendant who sat facing me took away everything on our laps, including, coats, blankets and the boo I was reading. I understand putting bags away but really my coat and book? While the food and service seemed almost as good as the first flight, for some reason they kept forgetting to give drinks to my row, they would start at the row behind me. I will definitely consider KLM again but they would have to be the cheaper option for me to do so.

KLM Royal Dutch Airlines Customer review :  18 September 2013 by Nilar Chit Tun     (USA)

IAD-AMS, Aug 31, KL 652. Got a very good deal on an upgrade and was quite pleased. Service was friendly and sincere. Drinks and food were of very good quality. The amenity kits are standard, but come in a trendy pouch. The movies selection is decent (and I like the fact that you can pause the movie or start a new one and not have to wait). At the end of the flight, the Delft blue house gift is a classy touch. Most airlines threw those nice touches out in the past 15 years. Will fly again.

KLM Royal Dutch Airlines Customer review :  17 September 2013 by Luke Toornent     (Netherlands)

AMS-VIE. Overall a good flight experience. The only thing is the lack of entertainment. But that is the problem with most airlines. Good service from the cabin crew. Plenty of food and drinks. I also liked the cockpit crew who keeps us updated about the progress of the flight.

KLM Royal Dutch Airlines Customer review :  17 September 2013 by G Brand     (Netherlands)

I have used KLM many times and only a handful of flights were decent. During my last flight KLM lost my Economy Premium / Extra booking and thus I was placed in Economy. This was however not nearly my largest annoyance with KLM. The largest annoyance by far is the staff service, which on average is quite appalling. Staff are unfriendly and inattentive at best and if you're unlucky outright rude. The "call attendant" button/light over your head, never even mind pushing it, its only there for show at KLM. Appalling service both on and off the air planes. Unfortunately I live in the Netherlands, so I'll probably fly with them again soon. Not looking forward to it.

KLM Royal Dutch Airlines Customer review :  12 September 2013 by Schwatz Dor     (Israel)

Tel Aviv-Amsterdam-Tel Aviv. I flew twice with KLM: once with the Boeing 777-200ER and once with the Boeing 737-900ER. The meals were ok. The Boeing 777 was very good and the entertainment was great. On the Boeing 737 the entertainment was less good but the flight was good anyway.

KLM Royal Dutch Airlines Customer review :  10 September 2013 by A Hamid     (UK)

Flight KL1293 from Amsterdam to Edinburgh. Had 2 kg overweight from my baggage's but that was OK. Flight departed on time. Very friendly staff and a decent snack and drink for a flight of 1 hour and 15 minutes. Didn't had to wait long for baggage, so for me this flight was 9 out of 10.

KLM Royal Dutch Airlines Customer review :  9 September 2013 by C Garratt     (Luxembourg)

Flew LUX-AMS-Quito and back from Guayaquil. KLM very efficient, first class staff and service. Fantastic quality on board entertainment. Seat not great for sleeping, sloping and you slide off! Couple of problems both directions with seat positions not working but was able to change seats due to lots of availability. Only downside: appalling check-in at Guayaquil, don't bother with automatic check-in then bag drop, it is much slower than just checking in. But that's just a local problem, nothing to do with KLM though maybe they should use their influence to improve the situation.