KLM Customer Reviews and KLM Passenger Trip Reports

KLM Royal Dutch Airlines Customer review :  2 January 2014 by Danzel Samuel     (Indonesia)

On 9th December boarded on a flight from KUL to CGK. They served hot snacks which looked like hot vegetarian snacks but they weren't very filling. While in the holding pattern the entertainment system abruptly shuts down, which was unexpected. For the entire flight I only listened to music and played games. I would give 5 for that. On the other hand, the TV shows and movies in the entertainment system didn't interest me.

KLM Royal Dutch Airlines Customer review :  29 December 2013 by R Murad     (USA)

Flew today from Dubai to Amsterdam. After reading these reviews, I am wondering which airline workers they had on their plane. Everyone was so thoughtful and nice on the flight. Take off and landing was smooth sailing. Food today were great. About an hour or two in, I was offered eggs with bread, yoghurt, butter, jam, potatoes or pancakes. Drinks were constantly being provided. Lunch was provided. Simple hot cheese sandwiches or spicy chicken were options. Again, drinks were provided. Hot towels and headphones were also given.

KLM Royal Dutch Airlines Customer review :  23 December 2013 by John Kolbert     (UK)

I made a late booking to fly Manchester (Amsterdam) Prague on 1st December, return on 12th. So far so good. Unfortunately, the flight on 1st was delayed - apparently to replace the co-pilot's seat - long enough to miss the connection. I spent a pleasant night in a hotel. The return journey was also delayed, long enough for my luggage to be booked on a flight the next morning. In fact I could have made the connection and was turned back at the gate. (The last flight of the day was already full with a waiting list. Another pleasant night at a hotel). I had, as it happens, arrived at the airport at about 6.30 am for my 1405 flight, so I asked if it was possible to take one of the earlier flights. The answer was 'yes', but there would be a charge, I declined the offer. Bearing in mind, that problems pile up during the day, it must surely be to the airlines advantage to get passengers on their way earlier if possible. I had already paid for my ticket, I had my luggage with me, and I had not yet checked in.

KLM Royal Dutch Airlines Customer review :  23 December 2013 by C Cassius     (Netherlands)

RIO-AMS-BUD. The first leg of the trip was AMS-FCO with KLM and on to GRU with Alitalia. As a Dutch national living between AMS and BUD, I had a separate ticket BUD-AMS that same morning, connecting in AMS for above mentioned schedule which was booked through Expedia on a separate ticket. 10 days before departure tried to select a seat and modify the travel class for the leg RIO-AMS to Economy Comfort but could not access my booking. Check- in at BUD airport not overly friendly. Even though I had received an email from KLM alerting me that online check- in had commenced, hey could not see any other booking and tagged my luggage only to AMS. Re-checked luggage in AMS, but they also could not understand or solve issue. Online check-in Rio to AMS opens some 30 hours prior to departure. Tried to check-in and change seat selection and travel class online, to no avail. System would only indicate that seat selection is not possible, and check-in should be at airport. Eventually changed that during check-in at GIG, which was friendly and hassle-free. Flight itself (GIG-AMS leg) was delayed by more than one hour, but arrival was only 30 min behind schedule. Seat (first row of economy comfort) is comfortable enough and recline allows for relatively good sleep. Crew friendly, attentive and professional. Plane clean. Food and entertainment sub-par. Would have given a 7 for the experience, but for the glitch in the entire booking management process and the abysmal customer service feedback.

KLM Royal Dutch Airlines Customer review :  16 December 2013 by M Noreisch     (Oman)

MCT-AMS-MCT. This has been by far the worst long-haul flight I have had. Grotty "crown" lounge at MCT airport, disorganised and unhelpful ground staff. Aircraft was an old Airbus A330-200, very cramped seats. No amenity kit for a night flight, no special food for Premium Economy, pitch size is nearly the same as regular economy. Our flight arrived 1 hour late at AMS with no apology. Return was horrible. Incredibly rude ground staff at Schiphol, access to lounge has been denied to me despite of Sky Priority access and Premium Economy ticket. Security staff ignorant and incompetent. I could say the same about cabin crew: impolite. Same A330-200, we were packed like sardines. Food inedible and served cold. My IFE was not working, and was never reset. My luggage was missing at MCT and only came 2 days after with no apology. Never again.

KLM Royal Dutch Airlines Customer review :  11 December 2013 by Phil Elderton     (UK)

MSE-AMS-LIM-GIG-AMS-MSE, Economy. Headed to Lima Peru and was surprised to find no direct flights from London and didn't want to mess about in Miami or travel with Iberia long haul from Madrid. So used the newish route from Manston (Kent International) near Ramsgate for short 35 min hop to AMS for a no trouble connection for direct 12hr flight to Lima. Manston is a pleasure to fly from, tiny airport with KLM only operator on small 80 seater jet. To Lima was 777-300, flight full but service was excellent, great inflight entertainment and comfortable enough seats for daylight flight. Return flight from Rio was overnight flight, another excellent onboard service, luckily not full so had a row of 3 seats to self so very comfortable. AMS back to MSE slightly delayed but only took 8 minutes for touchdown, taxi, unloading, immigration, customs and in car.

KLM Royal Dutch Airlines Customer review :  10 December 2013 by Hofkens Marc     (Belgium)

I fly about 60 times a year with KLM. Service seems to get less and less to a point where it is unacceptable. Last flight was on 7/12 AMS-SHA. After boarding in AMS, they left us in the plane for about 3 hours during aircraft repair before we left off. No catering during these hours, except for one glass of water and a cookie. Cabin crew was plain rude and uninterested during the whole flight. Makes you wonder whether it is a good policy to put your older staff in the front of the plane.

KLM Royal Dutch Airlines Customer review :  9 December 2013 by Hans Derksen     (Netherlands)

I flew with my family AMS - Curacao - AMS in the new business class. I have to admit great seats now. Total flat bed! The food is tasty and service is great. We all enjoyed flying with KLM. Surely I recommend it to other travellers.

KLM Royal Dutch Airlines Customer review :  5 December 2013 by T Corcoran     (USA)

Barcelona - Amsterdam - (supposed to be Dulles/IAD) - Minneapolis - Dulles. The check in and baggage check in at Barcelona airport was total chaos. The lines were mixed, the self-serve kiosks were moody, and the staff was pretty cold. Flight to Amsterdam was fine. Got through gate security in Amsterdam, 10 minutes from boarding, and they moved our gate. Five minutes at the new gate, and they cancelled our flight. KLM had given our plane to another flight, and cancelled our flight due to "mechanical issues". We were told to sprint down to a transfer desk, where they held us in a queue with "no information" for about an hour. During this time, they were already re-booking people who had access to the lounges. They slowly filtered us through the transfer desk by handing out "now serving" numbers. It was another hour before we made it to the desk, and were told we were being rebooked on Delta, through Minneapolis, boarding now, at a distant gate. Only one of our bags arrived in Minneapolis. We were told the others would meet us in Dulles. Had to stand in line at the lost baggage desk in Dulles for another hour, 12 hours after we were supposed to have been in originally. The Delta staff were very helpful, but we were told that the bags had never reached them, so it was KLM's issue. When we contacted KLM, they originally said it wasn't their problem, contact Delta. The bags arrived 24 hours later, having never left Amsterdam in the first place. This is the second time I have been stranded by KLM in Amsterdam. I was hoping their service had improved in 10 years, but unfortunately, I was mistaken.

KLM Royal Dutch Airlines Customer review :  3 December 2013 by Hendrik Dijk     (Holland)

AMS-DXB-AMS, 23/11 and 27/11. Both sectors with (old) MD11, good food and drinks, perfect crew, inflight entertainment ok but old. Cabin a bit noisy. MD11, KLM will replaced in Oct 2014, KLM have to compete with Emirates A380 on same route which makes it difficult, new KLM B787 Dreamliner equipment is coming but we have to wait until 2016.

KLM Royal Dutch Airlines Customer review :  2 December 2013 by Biggles Janssen     (Netherlands)

Amsterdam-Atlanta-Amsterdam. Good food, personal TV with lots of programs and movies to choose from. The legroom was not that good in economy but economy comfort has no problems.

KLM Royal Dutch Airlines Customer review :  29 November 2013 by Mike Brien     (Netherlands)

My wife and I fly economy with KLM a lot, in most instances we have found this airline very efficient, the staff have been friendly and helpful when needed. You do get some flights when there are grumpy staff, maybe overworked or tired. Seating is not to bad if you take time to choose your seat when you book.