KLM Customer Reviews and KLM Passenger Trip Reports

KLM Royal Dutch Airlines Customer review :  4 March 2014 by Henk Dijk     (Netherlands)

AMS-GVA, 16/2, KL1925 and GVA-AMS, 20/2, KL1932. First flight on KLM 737-700 was ok, simple breakfast, but good quality bread in a small box, with tea and orange juice to order all free from charge! Return flight on a KLM City Hopper a bit crowded in a loaded Embraer 190. Drinks were ok but the food was only a very small. Crew on both flights were ok.

KLM Royal Dutch Airlines Customer review :  22 February 2014 by Walsh Judy     (Canada)

We recently returned from Malaga Spain on first Transavia Air, Flight 2648 on Feb. 15, 2014 to Amsterdam and then transferred to KLM, Flight 301 to Montreal. My husband had suffered a severe leg injury the previous week and had a very difficult time walking. When I mentioned this to the staff of Transavia Air, I was reassured that a wheelchair would be available and assistance given for our connection. This was handled expertly with compassion and care. Arrangements were also made by KLM for assistance to exit the plane, retrieve baggage, and connect to bus for the final leg of our trip to Ottawa. All staff on both planes were helpful, courteous and made a long journey much easier.

KLM Royal Dutch Airlines Customer review :  20 February 2014 by A Tungsiri     (Sweden)

AMS-ARN. Check-in went smoothly and the check in agent was polite, helpful and friendly. Big plus for the Crown Lounge. The food was nice although there were only two things to choose from. Plenty of drinks though. I know it was a 2-hour flight so I didn't expect much but the service onboard was so so. Nothing special. I got my drinks and my meal, nothing more. And please, if you only serve cava on short haul flights, then don't call it champagne, please. I had some issues when I booked my flight. KLM promised to get back to me but they never did. Although I really enjoyed the lounge at AMS, but because of issues during booking process, the customer service, the service onboard in the class I was traveling in I will try to avoid KLM in the future.

KLM Royal Dutch Airlines Customer review :  12 February 2014 by N Gundersen     (Denmark)

AMS-MEX-AMS. Seated in Economy Comfort. Very spacious leg room. Seat a bit narrow. The seat was very hard and was uncomfortable after a short time. From AMS food was good and tasty, with good presentation. On the flight back the food was below acceptable, with same side dish for both dinner and breakfast. Inflight entertainment fine, without being extraordinary. Cabin service was fine, but not extraordinary.

KLM Royal Dutch Airlines Customer review :  10 February 2014 by Pym Mark     (Canada)

Flew LAX-AMS-JNB on Jan 22 2014. Flights were on time. Cabin crew superb. Polite, friendly and provided service with a genuine smile. Inflight meals were good. VOD on B747 Combi from LAX-AMS did not work in our row. Crew made every effort to fix the problem. VOD on B772 from AMS-JNB poor picture quality. Economy class seats on both aircraft similar so comfort levels are adequate.

KLM Royal Dutch Airlines Customer review :  5 February 2014 by K Memmert     (Sweden)

KL723, AMS-HAV, business. Adult couple: We could not have been happier with our flight. Remarkably friendly staff, and the most tasty food we have been offered on a flight.

KLM Royal Dutch Airlines Customer review :  4 February 2014 by Simons Calvin     (Netherlands)

Amsterdam to San Francisco in a B747-400. Check-in was quick and easy, the waiting was not so long due the amazing airport. The waiting time at the gate was not long. When we had boarded and found our seat we had a small delay due to seating problems. In the air we got beverages and delicious food. The personal entertainment system did not have amazing movies, but that was because there weren't good movies that time of year. A good detail was that you could not look at the screen from the person sitting next to you. After a small amount of time they where handing out warm meals. I chose chicken with a beverage of my choice and after they collected my empty tray I got a bucket of vanilla ice cream. By the time we got to our luggage it had already been taken off the belt.

KLM Royal Dutch Airlines Customer review :  3 February 2014 by Mark Simons     (UK)

BHX-AMS return. Online check in worked perfectly and I was able to upgrade my seat at low cost. Friendly cabin crew. Outbound on Embraer full flight but crew served drinks round and a waffle during the short flight. Arrived exactly on schedule and bussed to terminal quickly. Return on 737 again selected an economy comfort seat, plenty of legroom in seat 5a. Sweet or savoury snack offered along with drinks service on 50 minute flight. Aircraft very clean. On time arrival at BHX. Overall could not fault anything on these services.

KLM Royal Dutch Airlines Customer review :  31 January 2014 by D Keenan-Bokr     (Germany)

Business Class, FRA via AMS to BKK 17 Jan. This was my first long haul with KLM. Check-in was done by a polite and informative staff member in FRA. The lounge was nothing exceptional but comfortable. The flight to AMS was operated by a Fokker. The middle seat was kept empty for business class. Crew were friendly and polite. The sandwiches and salad offered for this very short flight came in a very funky Dutch designed box. We had 90 min transit in AMS and paid a visit to their lounge. Very large with ample seating but very little choice of food. Flight to BKK was a B777-200 with the old business class seating. Unfortunately, no flat beds on this route at the moment. I could not sleep the whole 10hr journey. That said, the crew made up for the flaws. Customers were treated with respect. Although the crew were by age older than most flight attendants that you find on airlines these days, their many years of experience showed. They obviously enjoyed doing their duties and did not disappear for the entire duration of the flight only to reappear 2 hrs prior to landing but paced up and down the aisles offering refreshments and snacks. Although the food is not elaborate it was simple and very tasty and was presented in fashionable Dutch designed dishes and cutlery.. I honestly enjoyed it more than some of the asian or middle east carriers food. Drinks were topped up constantly. They offered a good selection of films and music programmes. My return flight in Feb. will also be with KLM.

KLM Royal Dutch Airlines Customer review :  25 January 2014 by Rudy Subarjo     (Indonesia)

KUL-CGK delayed about 45 minutes because the aircraft was late departing from Amsterdam. No welcome drink, the meal was really poor, we only got vegetarian sandwich and it was tasteless. The flight attendants were poor but the inflight entertainment was good.

KLM Royal Dutch Airlines Customer review :  23 January 2014 by Zack Alexander     (USA)

AMS-ALA-AMS. Not only was the plane nicely refurbished and the staff extremely friendly, it was the food that did the trick. Having flown mainly American carriers, KLM's food was delicious. Especially going to Kazakhstan (so leaving Amsterdam), the food and all the choices there are was magnificent. Furthermore the lavatories were clean, there was enough legroom, the entertainment system had a good variety of American and non-American shows. and basically unlimited. Altogether a very pleasant experience.

KLM Royal Dutch Airlines Customer review :  21 January 2014 by D Koppers     (Netherlands)

NRT-AMS on 16/1/2014. New World Business Class on 747C (City of Calgary). What an amazing improvement. I was seated in seat 1K, amazing window seat with a lot of room and privacy. The new interior is fantastic. The seat is by far the biggest and most comfortable fully flat in Europe at the moment, a dramatic improvement from the old World Business Class. The interior is really warm and friendly, a huge upgrade. The service was impeccable. FA's are proud of the new product! KLM's new Business is the best in Europe. Hopefully they will complete the upgrade soon!

KLM Royal Dutch Airlines Customer review :  20 January 2014 by Ronald Petru     (Germany)

SFO-AMS. My check in at SFO was very smooth and friendly with a smile, handled by Air France. Onboard it was a very warm welcome. And it was not just I. All the passengers surrounding me were served in the same professional and cordial way. Every request was met with a smile and professionally taken care of and everything was complimentary. I booked a seat with extra leg space because I planned to sleep. There was good interaction between crew and the passengers. Cockpit announcements were clear and relevant. I am starting to believe that something has fundamentally changed at KLM, of course I can only judge from my last two flights. In my opinion, KLM gives “Welcome on Board” its true meaning back. I will certainly look very closely at KLM’s schedule when planning my next travel.