KLM Customer Reviews and KLM Passenger Trip Reports

KLM Royal Dutch Airlines Customer review :  24 June 2013 by M Hoyle     (UK)

London - Bangkok with a lengthy transfer in Amsterdam. The staff were atrocious, the food average and the IFE appalling, with screens that were useless. One of the poorest flights I have experienced. Will not fly with this airline again if avoidable.

KLM Royal Dutch Airlines Customer review :  22 June 2013 by C Danielsson     (Sweden)

I'm elite member Flying Blue and fly to Rio de Janeiro from 4 to 5 times a year. I have determined that the value of the trip will depends very much on the cabin crew who are just on the flight. On my second last flight, KLM 705 on April 10, the cabin crew were excellent whereupon KLM 705, June 16, cabin staff were of a very low level. Some staff will do everything so the guest will enjoy the journey while another crew sees the guest mostly as a distraction to their work. Aircraft's are ok, but no more, a major upgrade is necessary, but what really makes the experience of KLM worthy as a choice is cabin crew. When you then met with such a low level that the recent trip was to the re-election of airlines to be something relevant.

KLM Royal Dutch Airlines Customer review :  20 June 2013 by A Chappell     (Australia)

Amsterdam to Berlin. I do love Schiphol and the Dutch. A great airport and a great airline. On time, friendly, professional. Can't really complain too much. Good as always.

KLM Royal Dutch Airlines Customer review :  17 June 2013 by Jenny Li Ouw     (Germany)

I flew twice with KLM from Hamburg to Cape Town via Amsterdam. First time the return flight to Hamburg was delayed and we were stuck in Amsterdam for 10 hours without any service (not even a cup of tea) or information. The 2nd time I flew with KLM was the first time I have ever got hungry on a flight: between 6am and 2pm we only got one dry cookie on the flight to Amsterdam and a small bag of nuts on the following flight to Cape Town. First real meal was at 2 pm! On the flight back breakfast and the first hot beverages came at 11.30am (time of departure location) which is really late when you are awake since 5am.

KLM Royal Dutch Airlines Customer review :  10 June 2013 by Tony Laverghetta     (Canada)

YUL-AMS-MUC return, C class. KLM is a very good product, cabin crew are always smiling and providing excellent service, much better than other 4 star airlines. They still fly the MD11 plane on the Montreal-Amsterdam route, which I like flying but Business configuration is a retro concept with non flat bed, oldish screens, ageing cabin. Air France-KLM lounge in YUL is a joke, in AMS is great, a lot of services, variety of food, fast wifi, comfortable coaches, nice view, etc. Inflight meals were OK, nothing gourmet but still above the average point, excellent wine selection. The only negative comment, on my way back from Munich to Amsterdam the crew thought I was a non-rev KLM staff employee not allowed to get meals or refreshments, due to incorrect info from the ground staff at the airport. The crew apologised and served me a different meal, still good quality.

KLM Royal Dutch Airlines Customer review :  10 June 2013 by Y van Reeden     (Netherlands)

AMS-NRT-AMS. Again a very nice and pleasant experience. I really enjoyed the Dutch Channel on AVOD and the movie and documentary selection in general. The choice is extensive. The interiors of the aircraft's were really clean, toilets remained clean and flights were nicely on time. Cabin Crew were very nice and smiling on all sectors and to all passengers. The Japanese meal selections were very tasty and large in portions.

KLM Royal Dutch Airlines Customer review :  7 June 2013 by R Cohen     (UK)

Flew with KLM to Israel with a connection in Amsterdam both ways so 4 flights. Shorter flights (UK to Amsterdam) were more relaxing than the long ones. Staff were reasonably helpful however before a 4 hour flight took off I was moved twice. They moved me to a reserved seat for cabin crew which nobody sat in. They then moved me again. The food wasn't great but, I wasn't expecting much. I won't be flying KLM again.

KLM Royal Dutch Airlines Customer review :  6 June 2013 by James Williamson     (Scotland)

GLA-AMS. Boeing 737-700, 6am flight. Boarded quickly and left pretty much on time. Crew were friendly and efficient. Decent breakfast/snack service provided. Seats comfortable and overall a decent short flight.

KLM Royal Dutch Airlines Customer review :  5 June 2013 by Yann Pleindoux     (Netherlands)

AMS-BKK-AMS / KL875 and KL876. Travel dates 18 May 2013, 23 May 2013. KLM is in the range of 4 stars airlines: smooth logistics, pristine fleet, very comprehensive website and product, one of the few to offer Economy Comfort between Europe and Asia (with post booking online purchase), ultra efficient staff on board, not to mention the transit hub of Schiphol making it a pleasure to travel. The only dark points is the stiffness of seat cushions, not enough to outshine the rest. All the years I flew them never had a delay or cancellation (unlike other skyteam members). Would gladly see them upgraded one notch.

KLM Royal Dutch Airlines Customer review :  5 June 2013 by John Stubbs     (Netherlands)

Got a bargain sub-100EUR price for my return trip from Amsterdam-Hamburg. Absolutely brilliant experience, including the price. Flight was less than an hour and without fault. Snacks and drinks still served. One leg was in an old, tired 747, but I was surprised by the KLM Cityhopper, serviced by a light, airy and modern Embraer that was perfect for this short hop. Would fly with again, particularly at those prices.

KLM Royal Dutch Airlines Customer review :  4 June 2013 by Deborah Beevor     (UK)

Manston, UK - Amsterdam - Bangkok. I am more than happy with KLM. They have started to fly from Manston, UK which means no more trailing over to Heathrow. The service was excellent, my a la carte meal delicious and the seats were comfortable. I will be flying with them again.

KLM Royal Dutch Airlines Customer review :  3 June 2013 by B Sven     (South Africa)

JHB-YYZ on June 1st, 2013. Gold level with Flying Blue and recently took the JHB to YYZ via AMS overnight flight. Trip started fine with 'outsourced’ check-in so no KLM employees in sight, just local ground agents. They helpfully got me 2 luggage locks from Emirates. Air France/KLM Lounge is a disaster. Naff 80's styled furniture which is past its prime. Lounge is outsourced and is not clean. Once white chairs are now black, red carpet is fraying. Welcome desk is staffed by 2 uninterested employees who spend more time on their mobile phones. The food amounts to pre-packaged sandwiches. Onboard, things get better. It is best to describe KLM service as stiff with a smile. I had the express meal option which was good, and they quickly plated the main meal within 60 min from take off. Wine list is excellent and they serve very good champagne. I won't deal with the seats because we all know they are being changed to the new sleeper style (well, new to KLM, about 10 years behind the industry). Lounge in AMS is excellent with lots of services. All in all, a fine experience.

KLM Royal Dutch Airlines Customer review :  3 June 2013 by C Wajsberg     (Israel)

JFK-AMS-TLV. First leg old 747-400 with newer seats including personal screen. Seats hard, pitch acceptable as we where sitting in premium economy. Staff friendly and polite, food as usual tasteless to bad. Second flight 737-800 uneventful. Seats, typical economy seats from European airlines. No personal TV screen, no movie as no main screens. Food same issue again as usual. Crew very good and several water and juice runs after dinner. Good airline and if they would improve food quality I would fly them more.

KLM Royal Dutch Airlines Customer review :  3 June 2013 by Mariela Paredes     (Panama)

Came last night from Amsterdam to Panama. (May 31, 2013). Service is excellent at airports and onboard. Inflight they are always prepared to help. Cabin crew are committed to making your flight pleasant! The food is delicious. The old planes they were using for this route were too old, now with the 777 I felt much better. I recommend that since this is a very long flight, that they use their best aircraft's on this route. I also took KLM flights within Europe and had the same good experience.

KLM Royal Dutch Airlines Customer review :  3 June 2013 by M Dessart     (Thailand)

BKK-AMS-BRU / MRS-AMS-BKK. Long haul leg from BKK to AMS was fine. Paid the extra for a bulk-head seat so no complaints regarding legroom there. Plane appeared to be an early generation 777-200 as the cabin was looking a bit dated and seats a bit worn. Plane was clean though. Food was decent though nothing to rave about. Arrived in AMS and checked the board for my transfer to BRU and all appeared in order. I get to the gate just in time to find out my connecting flight got cancelled because the plane had no crew. KLM offered to bus the passengers on the flight to BRU but I made my own way. KLM provided the usual voucher and an apology. Return flight from MRS to BKK via AMS was fine. On the AMS-BKK leg I was on the same 777-200 but bought the premium economy for this leg hoping to be able to get some sleep. Seat I selected lacked legroom because the seat in front of me had the equipment box underneath it so I had to sit at an angle to stretch my legs. With the exception of getting off the plane first there is little point in buying premium economy. IFE system was seriously dated. Small screen with visual static (it was visible on all the other screens I saw). Hopefully KLM upgrades these when the plane goes through its next D-check. Overall experience wasn't bad, but the European carriers need to step it up when the Gulf and Asian carriers offer a superior experience at the same relative cost.

KLM Royal Dutch Airlines Customer review :  30 May 2013 by R Brook     (UK)

Amsterdam to Panama, Panama to Amsterdam. I am a long timer KLM user but these were my worst long haul flights for many years. Boeing 777 both ways, uncomfortable seats, poor seat pitch so very cramped. When the seat in front reclines it is not possible to view the seat back screen. Food is adequate, airline crew do what they have to. How far KLM have fallen.

KLM Royal Dutch Airlines Customer review :  28 May 2013 by Peter Dolnik     (Germany)

MUC-AMS-SFO-AMS-MUC. Check-in in MUC and SFO smooth, first SFO flight 3 hours delayed due to technical problems (plane change), plane (MD11) old, but in very good shape and clean. I'm quite tall but leg room was sufficient. Crew friendly and helpful, good information from the cockpit. Food was good, enough drinks and snacks between the main meals. In the end we arrived only 2 hours later in SFO. And we get a "sightseeing" round over the Golden Gate Bridge for the delay. Return flight was a B747-400, also well kept and a helpful crew. AVOD is relatively tiny screens with a poor resolution, but a good movie and music selection. Overall pleasant experience, if the price is ok I'll fly them again.

KLM Royal Dutch Airlines Customer review :  28 May 2013 by Barry O'Connor     (Australia)

Schiphol to St Petersburg and return in April and May. When we arrived the previously-arranged assistance was there with a young man putting us immediately on the buggy and taking us to collect luggage and out to the station at the back. Could not have asked for better service. On the return trip, passenger assistance did not want to know about us. KLM staff in Moscow messed up the luggage and told us they couldn't send it from Moscow all the way through to Brisbane so we had to find it at Schiphol, with an 18-hour lay-over, and manage it ourselves. One staff member took pity on us and checked our luggage in overnight. Had to beg to have use of the buggy to get to China Southern for departure back to China en route to Brisbane. Although all of this was booked from Brisbane and re-checked all along the way, and we had such a good feeling about KLM, we felt the attitude of most of the staff was brusque and not helpful. We can see passenger assistance is available but we had to fight for it! We will never fly KLM again and will pay more to get the service with a smile.

KLM Royal Dutch Airlines Customer review :  28 May 2013 by Paul Michael Tan     (Philippines)

Flew MNL-AMS-MAD / BCN-AMS-MNL. The stewardess / steward just do what they need to do and seems that they do not care about the service they're giving. Food is horrible, its so expensive. Seat pitch is okay, but on their long- haul 777's legroom is not enough.

KLM Royal Dutch Airlines Customer review :  24 May 2013 by Michael Little     (Australia)

Istanbul-Amsterdam-Dusseldorf. We checked in quickly at the airport using the machines and bag drop. Our first leg was on a B737. Due to runway congestion at Amsterdam the flight left 15 mins late, but arrived on time. The extra 30€ we paid for a premium economy seat was well worth it for the extra space. A large but bland breakfast was served. Our second leg was on an F70. The plane developed a technical fault at the gate. Another plane was ready and loaded for departure within 30 mins. A comfortable short flight with a juice and biscuit served. Both the crews were friendly.

KLM Royal Dutch Airlines Customer review :  24 May 2013 by Alan Ward     (UK)

Singapore - Cardiff yesterday in Business Class was a good experience all the way home after a couple of weeks working in the area. The long-haul B-777 had a very good cabin crew on board with excellent service and every little request handled promptly and efficiently. Departure was slightly behind schedule but the arrival was on time, if not a bit earlier. No flat-beds but I seldom go full flat on seats with this function and still slept well. The lounge in Singapore was of poor quality compared to others, e.g. Emirates in Kuala Lumpur or even the shared lounge used by KLM in Cardiff. The short haul flight across to Cardiff was equally as good.

KLM Royal Dutch Airlines Customer review :  20 May 2013 by I Gow     (Saudi Arabia)

I have used KLM several times now and reasonably pleased with the service provided. The entertainment system has a long list of good movies and seat comfort is good, even with my glass back though it could improve with the addition of a foot rest. An extra tour with the beverage trolley would be nice on long-haul flights but you can always buzz if necessary. Planes are always clean and tidy. Cabin staff are pleasant. But the best part about KLM? Using Schipol Airport.

KLM Royal Dutch Airlines Customer review :  14 May 2013 by S Humphrey     (Netherlands)

AMS-SFO-AMS-SFO. Both good and on time. We paid extra for extra leg room seats in Economy. Nice lot of leg room - but I am glad my hips were not too wide as they are tight! The reason for this is the sides are rigid as they have the IFE screen and meal table included. So whilst the leg room is super the width is not, so take that into consideration! FA's were nice on both flights-can sometimes be a little direct on other flights (some would say rude) but that is the Dutch way and not meant to be offensive - but can leave you a bit cross sometimes! On the whole a good experience for a long haul flight.

KLM Royal Dutch Airlines Customer review :  13 May 2013 by Alan Ward     (UK)

Cardiff - Singapore: May 10th/11th - Business Class. For various reasons I was unable to book this flight until the day of travel so it was an expensive flight but my phone reservation was handled promptly and efficiently. Check in at Cardiff was smooth and the lounge offered a selection of Welsh drinks. There was priority boarding onto the old F-70 which was not full and only 2 in business class. The aircraft looked like it had recently been refurbished. A smooth but short transfer at Schipol into 1J on B777-300ER where pre-take off drinks were offered. The whole flight was good although my AV didn't work for the first two hours. It was my birthday the next morning so I was woken with a champagne breakfast. Great crew.

KLM Royal Dutch Airlines Customer review :  11 May 2013 by E Westerdaal     (Netherlands)

AMS-BKK. I have flown this route multiple times and with a few exceptions I find the flight KLM crew rather rude and disinterested. On the website (when I bought the ticket) I had ordered a child's meal for my 10-year old and this had not come through. The flight attendant rebuffed me by a range of arguments, ranging from "you should ask at the check-in counter" to "he is too old for a child's meal". None of which answered my simple question how and why my request had not come through. IFE did not work properly. Generally seats are small, but IFE screens are too small. The whole experience (this one and previous ones) shows KLM is not interested in the passenger/customer at all. It seems for KLM crew the passenger is merely an obstacle to a good salary and lots of free time in exotic locations, than a purpose to serve.

KLM Royal Dutch Airlines Customer review :  8 May 2013 by F Boer     (Netherlands)

AMS-CPT-AMS. All in all a good flight. Friendly flight attendants, good food and onboard entertainment.

KLM Royal Dutch Airlines Customer review :  6 May 2013 by Amanda Brown     (Australia)

LHR-AMS on April 27th. KLM staff were able to check our luggage all the way to Sydney even though we were changing airlines in Amsterdam and travelling via Bangkok with a long stop over in Taipei. Paid extra for extra leg room seats. $25 well spent. FA's very friendly. Offered a large Cheese Sandwich with drinks for the short 45 minute flight. Didn't use inflight entertainment.

KLM Royal Dutch Airlines Customer review :  6 May 2013 by L van der Veen     (Netherlands)

AMS-WAW with the B737-800 "Swan". Boarding started on time and went pretty flawless. After takeoff everybody received a fresh chicken sandwich which was pretty good. Drinks service was also decent, staff were friendly and polite. Flight was uneventful and well before scheduled arrival time we arrived at Warsaw. Overall a pretty good performance, seats were comfortable enough, no inflight entertainment but for a 1.5 hrs flight it's no big deal.

KLM Royal Dutch Airlines Customer review :  2 May 2013 by M Studzinski     (Poland)

WAW-AMS-MAN return, flights on time, comfortable B737s. As a Flying Blue Gold card holder, 3 times out of 4, I was approached personally by Purser, and offered Economy Extra seat. Generally, cabin service is the same as other European airlines but cabin crew were helpful, friendly and professional (except the last sector, AMS-WAW, while despite almost empty flight, cabin crew responsible for recognizing top customers didn't do anything).

KLM Royal Dutch Airlines Customer review :  29 April 2013 by Lo Alvin     (Belgium)

BRU-KUL return. KLM service was top notch both ways. Flight attendants were very attentive and friendly, they handled a few difficult and demanding passengers professionally. Food was okay. AVOD was okay but dated no touch screen and limited selection movies compared to other airlines. Missed my flight from AMS to BRU due to the short connecting time, ground staff was excellent and helpful, they put me on the next train to BRU. On top of that, I have also received 50 euro discount coupon for next flight with them, 10 euro meal voucher and phone voucher. Seat pitch was good, I am 180 cm. Good value for money airline overall.

KLM Royal Dutch Airlines Customer review :  29 April 2013 by B Brouwers     (Netherlands)

I flew KLM to Amsterdam-Kuala Lumpur-Amsterdam. The seats are very good on the 777, the food is very good. The tickets were cheap. The entertainment system has a large choice, is new and bigger than other European airlines. The cabin attendants were smiling, professional and came around frequently with drinks.

KLM Royal Dutch Airlines Customer review :  25 April 2013 by C Coates     (Singapore)

Thoroughly enjoyed SIN to Denpasar and return trip. Staff excellent in Business class. You will often find great prices on this sector as plane comes through from AMS. Have flown KLM a number of times to Europe through AMS and have found it well priced with good service.

KLM Royal Dutch Airlines Customer review :  24 April 2013 by B Brouwers     (Netherlands)

I flew KLM to Amsterdam-Havana-Amsterdam. The seats are good, most of the food is very good. The tickets were cheap. The entertainment system has a big choice but is a bit old and small. The cabin attendants were smiling, professional and came around frequently with drinks.

KLM Royal Dutch Airlines Customer review :  22 April 2013 by Alan Brown     (Thailand)

MAN-AMS, 19 April. Flight departed MAN almost 2 hours late due to late inbound arrival, should have had 2.5 hrs to connect at AMS but by the time we deplaned had just 40 minutes to get from one end of Schipol to the other. My onward flight had already boarded but was waiting for the 3 passengers from the MAN delayed flight , otherwise it would have meant staying in AMS overnight. Food on board was awful (a piece of cake and a very weak coffee).

KLM Royal Dutch Airlines Customer review :  22 April 2013 by J Bayes     (UK)

Whilst the service was reasonably good, I have never sat in such uncomfortable seats. The 11 hour, 20 minute flight from Osaka to Amsterdam on a Boeing 777 was the most uncomfortable I've ever been. The problem wasn't the leg room which was similar to most economy cabins it was the width of the seat and the actual comfort of the seat - it's the first flight where I've experienced backache. When I transferred in Amsterdam to a KLM Fokker 70 to fly back to Leeds it was bliss, the economy seats were like padded armchairs. I've made a mental note never to fly in a 777 again unless there's absolutely no choice and the journey is of extreme importance.

KLM Royal Dutch Airlines Customer review :  22 April 2013 by James D Reid     (USA)

Flew Detroit-Amsterdam-Valencia, returning via Valencia-Amsterdam-Atlanta from April 3-8. Flight over was Delta Airbus with Delta crew, did not offer Economy Class seating. Overall good service, food, entertainment system. Return trip from Amsterdam to Atlanta was on what I'm guessing was a new KLM A330 aircraft with Economy Class seating and was exceptional in every aspect. The KLM staff are some of the best you will find. The food and drink kept on coming and was very good. Inflight entertainment did have to be re-booted once as some passengers screens stopped working, but was only a minor inconvenience for those of us without the problem. My first time booking with KLM and I will certainly fly them again.

KLM Royal Dutch Airlines Customer review :  22 April 2013 by Chris Kossak     (Canada)

March 15th and 26th, Canada - Amsterdam - Germany and return. Staff kind and attentive, many smiles and polite at all times. The food offered is below standard. I'm not picky when it comes to airline food, but even I was not able to enjoy any of it. All the food served was cold or undercooked. Other than that very smooth flights.

KLM Royal Dutch Airlines Customer review :  18 April 2013 by M Abdelmoteleb     (Egypt)

Just returned from a round trip - Cairo to Calgary via Amsterdam. This was my first time on KLM and I must say that I was impressed. The crew worked hard on all flights and we were well fed and there were regular juice/water runs. On the Amsterdam to Calgary sector there were additional snacks and drinks available in the galley. Crew were friendly, smiling and very accommodating, not something that you always see these days on European airlines. The only thing I would say that could be improved is the selection of films/tv programmes on the inflight entertainment. Overall, though, a very good trip.

KLM Royal Dutch Airlines Customer review :  18 April 2013 by C Robbins     (Canada)

YYZ to AMS. In general the aircraft is very dated and the seats are among the worst I have experienced in recent history, most major airlines replaced this style of seats years ago.

KLM Royal Dutch Airlines Customer review :  18 April 2013 by Jochem de Bruin     (Netherlands)

AMS-SIN-AMS. Flights were very good. Both Flights on schedule. Flight attendants were friendly and service focused. Seat is fine, leg room substantial. Good value for money. In my opinion KLM is a 4 star airline.

KLM Royal Dutch Airlines Customer review :  17 April 2013 by C Young     (UK)

Flew MME via AMS to NRT return. Outbound flight from Durham Tees Valley delayed by 20 minute because of snow storm, still arrived plenty of time to catch my connection, nice snack and drink service for this 50 minute flight. Amsterdam to Narita good service and FA's, food good. Return delayed in Narita due to technical problem, by 2 hours, FA's good and very forthcoming with information about my connection, flight good, food decent. On arrival in Amsterdam missed my connection, was booked onto the next flight, given 20 for food and drink, 50 euros off my next flight, free phone voucher so I could contact home and free shower voucher to use with the mercury hotel. Overall even with the delay could not fault KLM's customer service.

KLM Royal Dutch Airlines Customer review :  17 April 2013 by M Berge     (USA)

Washington Dulles via Amsterdam to Nairobi. The service was very competent and friendly. We had a mechanical problem with the aircraft from AMS-NBO, which caused a significant delay. KLM did an excellent job communicating with passengers, finding a new plane, and calling in a new crew. Fortunately, I was able to use the lounge but had friends in economy and they were all pleased with the service.

KLM Royal Dutch Airlines Customer review :  17 April 2013 by I de Hek     (Netherlands)

Amsterdam-Barcelona and back. Really nice service, friendly staff. The connection was not very cheap, but it was worth the money. On the return flight the food wasn't quite tasty, but that's not so bad. If you don't have to have all the free food and stuff, it's better to just fly a Low-Cost airline. I recommend this airline!

KLM Royal Dutch Airlines Customer review :  12 April 2013 by Stan van Wijk     (Netherlands)

PBM-AMS, 747-400. Seats in row 64 and 65. Late departure due to sloppy work at embarkation, not to blame the airline. Bumpy flight due to turbulence, again not to blame the airline. Entertainment system is OK, though there is a lack of choices when flying regular with KLM. Seats are diminutive for me (being 6 ft 5). Food and beverages are good. Staff is very friendly and professional.

KLM Royal Dutch Airlines Customer review :  12 April 2013 by Carl Baessler     (USA)

Great flight from JFK NY to Schipol. Great service, good hot food. Had to change flights for return, folks at Schipol were very accommodating and courteous. Got back to JFK and realized how awful NY is compared to Holland.

KLM Royal Dutch Airlines Customer review :  30 March 2013 by Ida Staszczuk     (Poland)

Warsaw - Incheon and back. Everything was so-so but the entertainment system was awful. I'm a music and movie lover so was quite dissatisfied to see such a poor selection to choose from. Also, the airplanes were not the cleanest I've seen. Positive were the comfortable seats in Economy class, I could even stretch out.

KLM Royal Dutch Airlines Customer review :  30 March 2013 by I Cameron     (UK)

NCL-AMS return. Full but comfortable flights. Cabin crew smart and efficient. Flights on time. Snacks a little disappointing but adequate. A very straightforward route to Amsterdam from the North East.

KLM Royal Dutch Airlines Customer review :  30 March 2013 by Heinert Joerg     (Germany)

Flight 429, Amsterdam to Dubai, 22/03/2013, dep 22.05, arr 07.30. Seat 8J economy comfort. All in all a pleasant journey with friendly and efficient crew, marvellous (old) plane, delicious dinner after departure and cocktail service and snack short before landing. The recline in economy comfort is helpful to relax and worth the 100 EUR extra for it. The seat is situated in the quieter part of the MD-11. The MD-11 is very roomy. A pity the aircraft will soon leave the fleet. The entertainment is a bit old and the screens small.

KLM Royal Dutch Airlines Customer review :  27 March 2013 by S Lorang Grimaldi     (New Caledonia)

A pretty good flight last year (July 2012) from Amsterdam to Narita. Excellent in-flight entertainment - not a lot of movies in French and no French introduction in general (which is pretty normal). I had problems with my headphones at the beginning of the flight, I called for a stewardess. She came 30 mins after I called her with new headphones 10 minutes later. The seat pitch was not very comfortable for me. In conclusion KLM is a pretty good airline. This flight was better than my flight Paris-Tokyo on Air France.

KLM Royal Dutch Airlines Customer review :  27 March 2013 by Nigel Datta     (Denmark)

Economy from CPH-AMS-SIN on Fokker 70 and B777. CPH-AMS good short flight, on time and with a little snack. FA very friendly. AMS-SIN slightly delayed departure and arrival into Singapore but explained and kept informed. FA very friendly and with frequent drink patrols. Food was among better I have ever had in economy. Toilets kept clean. I didn't use IFE that much but seemed responsive and good with average content. The seats was really good. Slightly on the hard side and a footrest would have been appreciated. But compared to other airlines like Air France, these seats feel vastly superior. Legroom also more than acceptable. In summary a really good airline that I would use without hesitation.

KLM Royal Dutch Airlines Customer review :  27 March 2013 by Pavey Thomas     (Australia)

KUL to Amsterdam and return. Both ways very old aircraft. Poor food. On the return journey, we were getting hungry waiting for the dinner service. Finally, I asked the Purser when the dinner was coming to which she said it isn't! There is only one meal she said which was served at lunch time. For a ten hour flight, we felt this was miserable.

KLM Royal Dutch Airlines Customer review :  27 March 2013 by Tony Moore     (UK)

Flew Manchester UK to Accra Ghana economy comfort. I flew economy comfort as a treat, the service by the staff was excellent. My seat was great with plenty of leg room, food brilliant with decent sized portions followed by plenty of drinks. In my opinion KLM is the best Airline in Europe Shiphol the best Airport in Europe.

KLM Royal Dutch Airlines Customer review :  25 March 2013 by Alexis Etienne     (UK)

AMS-BON (Bonaire). Very pleasantly surprised. First time with KLM and I did not expect much of the KLM economy product but it was an excellent flight. Fairly recent A330-300. Seats 2-4-2 - row 17 on the wings very quiet. Cabin could have been cleaner. Service excellent - Crew attentive and passing regularly with drinks. All requests executed with good attitude. Main meal, Ice cream, and evening pizza all very good for economy. Drink choice correct. Entertainment system easy to use with good and recent movies. On-time flight (incl the stop in Aruba). Definitely 4* airline.

KLM Royal Dutch Airlines Customer review :  25 March 2013 by S Tait     (USA)

Flew Business Class AMS-DEL as part of a DL itinerary on a 747-400. Overall excellent service and food. The cabin though is horribly dated. KL just announced an update starting this summer but it is seriously overdue. The decor seemed very 1980's to me. I haven't flown KL for a while and was delighted they are still distributing the delft Dutch houses. A very nice touch. Great, professional in-flight staff.

KLM Royal Dutch Airlines Customer review :  21 March 2013 by E Cuignet     (France)

AMS-SIN, the food was inedible, breakfast was as poor. Non working IFE. I was travelling with my son and wife, and one IFE was broken, while the other one would not respond to the remote control. KLM is the worst choice on Europe-Asia route.