KLM Customer Reviews and KLM Passenger Trip Reports

KLM 4-Star Airline rating

KLM Royal Dutch Airlines
3.0 Star Rating: Fair

WATCH the KLM Videos to Experience the KLM Product and Service

KLM Royal Dutch Airlines Customer review :  29 May 2015 by Jay P Ferguson     (UK)

I was travelling last week with my 90 year old and very infirm husband, we were told at the airport that we were being put on standby and might not get on the flight which we had booked many weeks in advance (and in respect of which KLM had, several times, emailed us, confirming our seat numbers)? We were told that it was KLM policy to overbook flights and that this was "in the small print". I am revolted by this policy. We had bought and paid for our tickets, and received several email confirmations from KLM about this. I was travelling with somebody who was simply not physically fit to be transported to another city to catch an alternative flight (the suggestion which was made to us at the airport). If an airline sell tickets which people pay for in good faith and intend to oversell the flight so that these tickets will be meaningless, this needs to made explicit and clearly spelt out to customers - not hidden in "the small print".

KLM Royal Dutch Airlines Customer review :  21 May 2015 by Mark Valentine     (Mexico)

Flew with this airline on 5th May from Bristol to Mexico City via Amsterdam. Snacks and drinks on the short trip to AMS and then great cabin service, food and entertainment from AMS to MEX. Much better than BA in my opinion. Would definitely use them again.

KLM Royal Dutch Airlines Customer review :  21 May 2015 by Markus Walter     (Germany)

I flew KL 791 AMS-GRU, a flight of almost 12 hrs so Business Class was a huge plus and the free seat next to me gave me even more space - great! The downside was that I felt like being served without a personal touch, why? 1) No second pre departure drink. 2) I was asked what I like to eat, without receiving the menu first and the FA forgot to ask which appetizer I want (normally that is fixed). 3) During the flight it was hard to get snacks and drinks (I had to walk to the economy class FA's and ask them). 4) In preparation for landing I had to bring my hand luggage back in the overhead bins on my own (FA asked me to get up and do it while she was standing next to me without helping me). The good stuff was the taste of the food and the good wines/drinks as well as a comfortable lie flat seat with an angle (only a few of the 25 KLM 777 are lie flat without an angle today). Speaking about the FA's on board, they where always smiling and the economy FA's have been very helpful, fast and with a personal touch. I slept a pretty long time and it was all in all a good flight - well they could do more on the service part.

KLM Royal Dutch Airlines Customer review :  17 May 2015 by M Kendrick     (UK)

BHX-DOH and return. KLM was convenient for me as I live in Birmingham and could therefore travel to Doha via Amsterdam without the need to travel down to London. The ticket price was also the cheapest available for this trip. The short hop from Birmingham to Amsterdam only takes about an hour, but the 06.00 departure always serves a cold breakfast sandwich with tea, coffee or juices. The layover in Amsterdam was 1 hour 55 minutes, giving more than enough time to make my connection. The flight to Doha was not full, whereas most Qatar Airways flights are, as most of the passengers will be transiting. Once airborne the passenger next to me was offered the choice of moving seats so that we could all spread out a little, making the journey much more comfortable. The IFE is adequate, but the screen a little small, though there is a good range of entertainment. On the outbound flight there were only two options for economy main course, but the food was reasonable, as airline food goes. All flights departed and arrived on time, the crew were very good, and I was pleasantly surprised that despite being the cheapest choice for my route KLM provided a service that I was more than happy with. I will look to see if I can get to my destinations via Amsterdam with KLM in the future and recommend for value for money.

KLM Royal Dutch Airlines Customer review :  13 May 2015 by Robert Woeste     (Canada)

Our first flight on KLM. YYC to AMS. Since it was an 8 hour plus flight we flew business class. The aircraft was a newer Boeing 777-200 which for reasons that evade me did not have sequential seating (ABC etc). We booked our seats on-line and thought we were sitting together which upon boarding we discovered we were not. This happened to 5 other couples as well. The flight attendants were reasonable and everybody affected were willing to swap seats even though business class was a full bus to Amsterdam. The meals were tasty and there lots of snacks. My one beef is that KLM should monitor their cleaning contractors more closely. I lost some change and some items from amenity kit under the pod. In the course of reaching underneath I found all sorts of goodies which could have been vacuumed up. I enjoyed the flight and the lie flat bed even though flying east and trying to sleep is a Herculean effort. I recommend KLM and will gladly fly with them again. One last caveat: I am old school and believe that one should fly the national airline, within reason, to the country you are visiting. Flying discount airlines is a recipe for disaster and personal misery. I cite the most vilified Air Canada Rouge as an example.

KLM Royal Dutch Airlines Customer review :  9 May 2015 by Eelco van den Heuvel     (The Netherlands)

AMS-DUS-AMS, two short hops on nice Fokker 70. AMS-DUS: all non-Dutch speaking crew felt a little strange on a KLM-flight. Efficient service on a short hop: water and some nuts. Good information from crew. Flight back was delayed. Crew announced which flights could be caught and which couldn't. Very good in my opinion since passenger know what they're up to. Professional crew handled all questions. Delay because of fog, but there was hardly any fog to be seen at Schiphol.

KLM Royal Dutch Airlines Customer review :  7 May 2015 by Ravi Mene     (UK)

We recently flew short haul from Manchester (UK) to Amsterdam return fro a short trip. The planes were 737-700 on way out and -800 on return. Planes were clean even though the turn around time was quick, staff was friendly and smiling, served a quick snack packet with a choice of a drink on this under an hour flight!, both the flights were on time and we didn't feel the stress of flying. Recommended.

KLM Royal Dutch Airlines Customer review :  7 May 2015 by Robert Walbeek     (China)

April 30 from Amsterdam to Shanghai. Flight left 30 minutes late but arrived 20 minutes early. As usual FA's professional, friendly and efficient. Food acceptable, drinks plentiful. No issues whatsoever. Managed to sleep a couple of hours which is nice on a red-eye flight.

KLM Royal Dutch Airlines Customer review :  6 May 2015 by Matt Rock     (Australia)

Amsterdam to KL aboard 777-300. This was probably the best business class flight of my life to date. The seats were comfortable and reclined to a full flat bed, parallel with the floor, not on an angle!). It was so clean and smartly laid out. The entertainment system looked brand new, was high quality and featured something for everyone, without being annoyingly edited. Service was very attentive and friendly. The soup entree was something of a revelation and I was surprisingly keen to get the recipe. The main was fairly good and after settling down with a bit of cheese and dessert wine from the trolley, I slept for about 7.5 hours straight. The power plugs, headphone outlets and a little shelving cleverly located behind the right shoulder and a nice divider from your neighbour. Really happy, signed up for their frequent flyer program. Lounge in Amsterdam was fine and large, with some surprisingly nice food on offer.

KLM Royal Dutch Airlines Customer review :  28 April 2015 by T Smith     (Canada)

April 4, Toronto to Nuremberg, via Amsterdam. Old style 2x3x2 seating, but comfortable. Staff were first rate. Travelling with my mother who's is 95 and has a serious gluten allergy. Her special meal was adequate, my meal was adequate. Meals out of Toronto are always poorer than out of Amsterdam or Paris. Somehow KLM seems to have nicer wines that Air France, even though they are one and the same now. Entertainment was good, with a side choice of movies, and tv.

KLM Royal Dutch Airlines Customer review :  23 April 2015 by Yann Pleindoux     (Netherlands)

KL808, MNL-AMS, 8 April 2015. Bought an upgrade with FB miles, which is pretty affordable when you have the N Booking class of Eco fare (Middle of the week the Business Class often has spare seats). Since KLM moved to T3, the service at the airport has greatly improved! FA's as usual are very friendly, attentive and considerate, and the flight is always on time with a consistent service. The only downside of this flight is the stop in Taipei which by law oblige passengers to disembark and board again. Flight without issues, despite the older Business Class seats (which should be replaced urgently). KLM has the convenient flight schedules to/from Asia, with no change of plane in the middle of the night, so you arrive fresh and ready to work in AMS. Had 2 music instruments at check-in in Manila and the ground crew proposed to load them by hand to avoid breaking, and they were delivered at the special luggage in AMS (Ok, the Platinum level helps, but still). Despite the price a bit above competition, i will continue fly KLM to the Philippines to enjoy the free EcoPremium upgrades and best flight schedules available from AMS.

KLM Royal Dutch Airlines Customer review :  21 April 2015 by John Stokes     (Australia)

Three recent flights: AUH-AMS-NCL-AMS-INC, all good no problems. AUH-AMS was quite comfortable being a night flight all was very quiet, AMS-NCL short hop across the North Sea very pleasant cabin crew on a smooth flight. NCL-AMS again no problems. AMS-INC was a night flight the cabin crew were exemplary and diligent in their duties making for a very comfortable flight. The food was very good and service was excellent although the World Business class doesn't have individual cocoons like the middle eastern airlines the seats are more spacious and overall more comfortable. I can certainly recommend KLM.

KLM Royal Dutch Airlines Customer review :  21 April 2015 by Rheeder Janson     (South Africa)

Out of ten airlines flown in the past 20 years I can honestly say KLM is the best. Not only did I found the seating space excellent but the inflight service from the cabin crew was super. Flew from Amsterdam to Cape Town on Friday 17 April.

KLM Royal Dutch Airlines Customer review :  17 April 2015 by Di Paola Pasquale     (Italy)

1/4/15, KL1395. 5/4/15, KL1396. FCO-AMS-LED-ASM-FCO. The seats are too small and the food is cheap. On the other side, flights were on time and the customer care is one of the best. I will recommend flying with them.

KLM Royal Dutch Airlines Customer review :  17 April 2015 by D Starkie     (Bahrain)

BAH-AMS-CPT. Good flights all on schedule. Food, cabin crew and entertainment all acceptable. No problems.

KLM Royal Dutch Airlines Customer review :  2 April 2015 by D Cassius     (Netherlands)

Rio to AMS in EcoComfort. KLM asks for absurd prices for the upgrade, in this case approximately one third of the full return fare of just one leg upgrade. Got seat 14A, last seat in the Economy Comfort section which, on KLM, is not cordoned off from ordinary Eco section. I usually opt for a window seat so as to be able to lean against the wall to catch some sleep. This seat, and I trust 14K as well, suffers from a major design flaw. It misses a window, and when it reclines, the pax head levels off with the window of the rear Eco seat, making it impossible to lean against the wall. Trying to fill the void with a pillow won't help either because the pillows provided are just too tiny for that. Moreover, probably due to being in the last row in the EcoComfort section, the seat does not recline as much as other seats in the section. Understandably so, obviously, because if it did, it would leave too little space for the Economy seat behind. My clear verdict is that this seat is not worth a dime, let alone the absurd price asked and paid for it. The fellow passenger behind me in row 15 made a better judgement. He saved the upgrade money and had 3 seats for himself alone to lay down and doze off while I was trying to find the least painful position to close an eye on an 11 hour flight. As if the dismal seating were not enough, the service was truly KLM unworthy. Flight left around 9.15pm and it took 1hr 30 mins to start dinner service. Food itself was very much inedible. The flight attendant assigned to my section was very unfriendly, in fact bordering on obnoxious. All in all, one of the worst experiences I have had with KLM. An inferior seat compounded by a dismal service.

KLM Royal Dutch Airlines Customer review :  2 April 2015 by M Campbell     (USA)

I flew from IAD-JRO via AMS round-trip, four legs of 7+ hours each. The food and service are decent enough, perhaps slightly better than United. However, their aircraft are certainly ageing and there is no aspect of the airline that could really be qualified as "excellent." Further, they actually prevented me from accruing airline miles with a partner carrier, something generally unheard of. Apparently this is because my flight was "discounted", despite carrying a four-figure price tag. Most legs were also delayed. I have flown on all of the other large Western European carriers and would generally recommend virtually all of them before KLM.

KLM Royal Dutch Airlines Customer review :  25 March 2015 by P Miller     (UK)

LHR-AMS round trip in economy comfort. KLM flies from T4 at LHR which is so quiet by comparison with the others. Everything worked like clockwork: bag drop, boarding, departure on time. Lovely crew on board the 737-900 and the economy comfort seats are definitely more spacious and with a good recline. Return leg was very similar: fast bag drop (with the hi-tech DIY machines), easy boarding (although remote stand this time), friendly crew, on time departure and the economy comfort seats were actually business class seats on the Embraer 190. All round good job and I would definitely fly KLM again.

KLM Royal Dutch Airlines Customer review :  20 March 2015 by C Mayr     (Austria)

MUC-AMS-GIG on B738 and B772 aircraft. All flights on time. The long haul flight to Rio was even 40 min early. Crew was friendly and attentive and made several drink rounds. Food was good and plenty too. My complaint is the very uncomfortable seat on the B 777-200. I like KLM and will fly with them again, but they definitely have to update their economy seats on their B772.

KLM Royal Dutch Airlines Customer review :  17 March 2015 by Ian Patrick     (Kuwait)

I traveled from Nuernberg to Dubai via Amsterdam, Business Class, on KL1888 connecting to KL429 on 28th February and had two exceptionally enjoyable flights with excellent crew, service and catering. The one hour flight to Amsterdam was with KLM Cityhopper on an Embraer 190. The crew were attentive and jolly, and the meal, a salad was excellent. The connection at Amsterdam was easy and despite being just over one hour was not a rushed one. On board the Boeing 747-400, I was seated in 1A (a seat by itself). The Purser and crew in this cabin were excellent and I truly was pampered. The Captain came to me as a high level frequent flyer while on the ground at Schipol to pass on his thanks to me for choosing KLM. The meal service was high quality and very good, with wine and smiles available throughout.

KLM Royal Dutch Airlines Customer review :  17 March 2015 by Simon Woods     (UK)

Booked flights with KLM for our honeymoon 5 months in advance including reserving seats. When we came to check in we found our seats had been changed and we had been seated far apart on all 3 flights from Cancun to Leeds. We had not been contacted to tell us of this and so were stuck without any option and no time to alter the flight. Spent hours on phone to their customer service team but completely unable to help. Eventually had to pay additional fare on one of our flights to sit next to my wife on our honeymoon despite us previously booking seats next to each other. No apologies, no suggestion that they would refund the additional fee paid. The outward bound flight from Amsterdam to LA was on a 747 that is in serious need of updating. uncomfortable, rock solid and narrow seats with very little leg room. They ran out of one of the dinner options before they got to our seat, no apologies or explanations, just put in on our table and said 'here is your dinner', didn't even say what it was. As it turns out it was bland and terrible. Stewardess became quite stroppy when complained at lack of choice of meals and made it seam like she was performing heroic acts to try and get an alternative meal. Inflight entertainment has much less choice than competitors and the technology is dated and slow with poor picture quality. Thoroughly unimpressed throughout and would not use again. changes in service are sometimes unavoidable but poor manners and customer service is unacceptable.

KLM Royal Dutch Airlines Customer review :  17 March 2015 by Vachhani Vaibhav     (Canada)

My wife and I flew from Montreal to Amsterdam return. Economy Class is excellent. Staff were professional and friendly. Our seat was comfortable, offered plenty of personal space. Flight attendants were warm and friendly, food offered for dinner and breakfast was sufficient and tasty. Rounds of water and juices offered frequently between meals.

KLM Royal Dutch Airlines Customer review :  17 March 2015 by C Wajsberg     (Israel)

TLV-AMS-TLV within 48 hours so was hoping for nice comfortable flights. Both flights in economy comfort but seat as hard as all other seats. Food lousy as always with KLM. Crew rude treating some passengers as cattle. KLM not for me anymore that is sure now.

KLM Royal Dutch Airlines Customer review :  9 March 2015 by Christina Lindahl     (Australia)

KL1158, KL0643. May 20, 2014. We flew from Gothenburg Sweden to New York JFK via Amsterdam. The upgrade to comfort class for the long haul sector was a very reasonable extra fee offered during the booking process. The "comfort" cabin very spacious. The staff were genuinely friendly and made the whole trip a brilliant experience. I would gladly fly them again.

KLM Royal Dutch Airlines Customer review :  9 March 2015 by Brian E Smith     (Japan)

Flew Business Class from NRT to BCN (via AMS) in seat 4E of the updated 747-400 aircraft. Besides this plane being ancient, and the fact that I felt sorry for all the people by the windows with no direct aisle access, I had a terrifically smooth flight. I had heard about, and seen photos of odd dishes served, but not on this flight. All food throughout the flight was delicious, plentiful, and served on interestingly designed dishware. Previously, I experienced some plastic items, but not this time. The AVOD was OK, but did not have as recent offerings as their partner Delta, and the quality of the large screen was milky. The seat was surprisingly soft and was comfortable in any position, including lie flat. The toilets were cleaned throughout and FA were always available in the galley with smiles. The FA were remarkably genial and good at their jobs. There were two toilets dedicated to all of business class and I never once saw an economy passenger try to enter. Overall, I loved my flights. The connection on a 737-700 was more of the same with continued good service and food, though the intra-Europe seats are not that comfortable.

KLM Royal Dutch Airlines Customer review :  9 March 2015 by J Siemietkowski     (USA)

Excellent flight crews, but horrible customer service. Flew IAD to AMS to LYS, and had attentive and friendly flight crews. But, when checking in on-line, saw banner advertising 80% business class and upgraded for IAD-AMS. At IAD, learned that I had been ticketed business class only AMS-LYS, which is not what I had bought. Of three customer service reps at IAD, only one spoke passable English. That one explained that he could not change my ticketing and issue a refund, but charged me $64 extra to have two seats by themselves. At AMS, friendly customer service also told me they could take money, but not issue refunds, and could not change seat assignments. Back at home after my trip, I called KLM, which transfers you to Delta customer service, whose recording says it's 2-3 hours to talk to a customer service rep. On-line, refund app allows you 200 characters to state your case, and (per an annoying pop-up banner) allows no punctuation. Took 40 minutes to submit my refund request. So, I would give their in-flight crews the highest rating, but their customer service the lowest.

KLM Royal Dutch Airlines Customer review :  9 March 2015 by Simon Channon     (UK)

LHR - Cape Town, via Amsterdam. Because my wife and I are tall we purchased seats in the 'Economy Comfort' zone, not cheap at £130 each, but money well spent for a trip of 11.5 hours. The flight experience was as good as it could be. The crew were friendly and attentive, offering plenty of food and drinks. The entertainment offered on the 777-200 was a bit limited but there was enough to keep us amused. It's the first time was have used KLM for long-haul and based on this trip we'd be happy to use them again.

KLM Royal Dutch Airlines Customer review :  4 March 2015 by P Browne     (UK)

Amsterdam to Bangkok, Business class. Booked seats 9 months before travel and selected seats. On check in day found computer had decided to sit us on opposite sides of the aircraft: as it was our 40th wedding anniversary celebration didn't go down well. Eventually managed to get two seats together. Boarding at Amsterdam was a bit chaotic. Aircraft was B777-300: unsure of the age of the plane but business class cabin in my opinion looked drab and dingy when compared to say Qatar. Seats were OK and everything worked. AVOD worked but choice of movies was definitely limited. Food choice was also limited and wine selection was restricted. General comfort was OK. The really good aspect of this flight was the cabin crew. They were extremely attentive and welcoming especially the senior purser, and they were all very professional. In spite of that, I will not be considering KLM again, especially as the flights undertaken do not appear to have been added to my Flying Blue account.

KLM Royal Dutch Airlines Customer review :  4 March 2015 by P Browne     (UK)

Bangkok-Amsterdam in world business class. Boarding at Bangkok was OK. Travelled in seats 77a and 77b on 747-400. This cabin is reasonably laid out but the decor reminded me of early thirties Odeon cinema: rather lifeless and lacking warmth. Seats were OK and everything worked although the headrest was non adjustable. AVOD worked but limited choice of movies. Toilets were clean and had a good range of toiletries. Food was OK, not outstanding although compared to the outward journey it was better. As on outward journey, the cabin crew were excellent and went out of their way to ensure that, wherever possible, they made the journey as comfortable as possible. I can't say that I was over impressed with KLM and would not travel with them again, I would use Air France.

KLM Royal Dutch Airlines Customer review :  24 February 2015 by S Lubis     (Indonesia)

CGK-AMS-LHR-AMS-CGK. Took 4 flights with KLM in one week, first leg is the long haul CGK-AMS with a Boeing 777-200, unfortunately, KLM is still in the middle of refitting the cabin of B777 and we still get the old plane with very small PTV with blurry picture. Paid for Economy Comfort for this leg and got the first row bulkhead seats which has tremendous legroom. In flight service is good and friendly but the hard products really needs to be improved. Second leg AMS-LHR in a very old and small Fokker 70. KLM should already retire this type of aircraft but they did maintain the plane well, it was clean and in good condition. Only the noise of the jet engine really bothering us as we sit all the way in the back (Fokker planes has the engines near the tail of the aircraft), luckily, the flight to London is only 45 minutes. A cake and drink service is provided during this flight. Third leg, London Heathrow to Amsterdam in a Skyteam livery Boeing 737-900, good legroom and service is similar as the AMS-LHR, where we get a cake and a drink. Last leg, AMS-CGK with a stopover in KUL, also in an old non refurbished Boeing 777-200. Good thing the crew really performed well and deliver prompt and good service most of the time. Hopefully, KLM is refitting their Boeing 777 flights quick enough as their fare is quite competitive and quite satisfied with their inflight service only hard products need improvement.

KLM Royal Dutch Airlines Customer review :  24 February 2015 by Ian Smith     (UK)

Glasgow to Johannesburg via Amsterdam return. First flight in the morning at 06.00 on a 737-700 on the short flight to Amsterdam. The next flight to Johannesburg was on a 777-300 sitting in the aisle seat in the middle row of four which was comfortable and had enough room, and it was the same on the return flight too. On both flights there was nobody beside us so my wife had three seats to stretch out and sleep. The flight back to Glasgow was on an Embraer 190. The crews on all the flights were excellent, on the short flights we received a sandwich/snack with coffee and juice and on the long haul flights we received a very tasty hot meal, a liqueur with coffee, ice cream, and the crews came around with plenty of water and juice to keep us hydrated. For economy class the level of service was very good, and will happily fly with KLM again.

KLM Royal Dutch Airlines Customer review :  24 February 2015 by Trent White     (Australia)

KLM Asia: Was an interesting flight and was glad to get to the destination in the end! Flight was delayed in leaving due to a crew change, pilot then took a wrong turn on the run way and we were stuck waiting for a while. Most of the passengers were just stuck waiting in their seats - the crew had not passed around the headsets so there was nothing to do. Had pressed the service button while waiting to get a set but the crew just stayed in the galley talking to each other (not in their seats waiting for take off). Once we left the IFE was good, food was ok - they were serving cups of coke but not cans - although if you asked for a Heineken you got a can?

KLM Royal Dutch Airlines Customer review :  18 February 2015 by O Derry     (South Korea)

Flew from Seoul/Incheon to Amsterdam on a midnight flight and couldn't be happier with how the staff handled us. We were travelling with a 2 year old but they made sure we had everything we needed (probably so the other passengers wouldn't have to endure the rath of a 2 year old but nonetheless) and we ended up having a very pleasant flight and didn't bother anyone else on the plane. We had seats at the bulkhead which have some extra legroom but compared to Air China Southern who we flew back with on a codeshare the plane was very cramped considering the average Dutch person is quite a bit taller than the average Chinese person. Overall though very happy with the flight, on time despite bad weather and especially the crew who are very friendly and helpful.

KLM Royal Dutch Airlines Customer review :  18 February 2015 by M Sean     (Singapore)

Flew from SIN to AMS return. Very poor economy class seat, especially for intercontinental flights above 10 hours. Seats are extremely squashed (not sure why KLM adopted a 3x4x3 seat layout when other long haul airlines rarely do). Recline is absolutely horrendous for an overnight flight - the seat was definitely not suitable for a night's sleep, maybe only a short 30 minutes nap. Furthermore, KLM's economy class tickets are not cheap - merely cheaper than top notch Singapore Airlines by 120 euros. Therefore I do not get why KLM is so cheapskate to pack so many people in economy class, on very poor quality seats. The seats are so cramped that passengers have so much difficulty getting in and out of their seats to use the lavatory! That said, the service was good and the flight attendants were meticulous, and more than happy to walk around offering snacks and drinks every hour even when passengers are asleep. Nonetheless, never on this airline again for long haul flights, maybe a short 2-3 hour one.

KLM Royal Dutch Airlines Customer review :  18 February 2015 by Max Johnson     (Canada)

KL713, Amsterdam - Paramaribo, January 2015. Absolutely superb. The new KLM Business Class is excellent. I had seat 1A, a single seat, which was comfortable, offered plenty of personal space and was quiet. The service was attentive and discreet, and the food and beverage service quite fine' most certainly comparable to US carriers' First Class catering. Everything about the flight went well from check-in to arrival in Surinam. I like this new KLM product, and will be back to try it again!

KLM Royal Dutch Airlines Customer review :  12 February 2015 by Ian Patrick     (Kuwait)

Flew with KLM Business Class from London Heathrow via Amsterdam to Dubai. Check in at the Sky Priority desks was quick, polite and seamless. FastTrack was quick and the Skyteam Lounge at Terminal 4 Heathrow is excellent. Boarding was efficient with priority very clear for Sky Priority passengers. The short flight to Amsterdam was very good, with a high quality snack and very friendly crew. Arrival at Schipol was 20 minutes early. Unfortunately Schipol Airport is undergoing refurbishment which makes it something of a mess, but the lounge was welcoming and not too crowded. Boarding from Gate E7 was very disappointing. It was a mess. Everyone had to go thru a security check, and the queues were long. Then once thru security it was standing room only. Boarding was just a rugby scrum as people tried to get out of the claustrophobic boarding area. On board the Dubai flight the crew were very welcoming. Departure was on time and the on board product was very good. I am used to the KLM Business Class seat, and while it may not be a flat bed, it is fine for the approx. 6 hour flight to Dubai. Food was, as usual, of a high standard as was the overall cabin service. I have been loyal to KLM for many years and that loyalty will continue.

KLM Royal Dutch Airlines Customer review :  28 January 2015 by Carrera Pm     (Netherlands)

KL808, 7 Jan 2015. KL807, 25 Dec 2014. I have been flying KLM rather regularly now since I need to maintain my Flying Blue membership. Sadly, I still miss my Miles and More days especially flying Lufthansa. Like Lufthansa, KLM is indeed reliable. But, it is bland - or blander, if one doesn't think highly of Lufthansa. My last flight with KLM - long haul to MNL and back to AMS was ok but, the business class seats were the old ones. Service was rather poor as the flight attendants designated to and fro TPE (both) failed to deliver on my request for a drink and when followed up would say that they can no longer serve any drink. The lounge in MNL is awful. And the stop in TPE wastes passengers' time.

KLM Royal Dutch Airlines Customer review :  26 January 2015 by M Hilton     (UK)

What can I say about long haul KLM? A true tale of extremes: Pros: Value for money (only £560 return ABZ-SIN via AMS). Lounge at AMS (free food, drinks, wifi and showers via Petroleum Card). Food and Beverage onboard was to a surprisingly good standard for economy airline food, and freely available. Staff were attentive and helpful. Cons: Seat didn't recline anywhere near as much as it does in any other airline Ive flown with and felt really cramped - I found this odd given the Dutch are the tallest in the world! IFE was so dated and a limited poor selection of music, films and TV. Cabin decor is dull. All in all not too bad but the cons niggled away at me.

KLM Royal Dutch Airlines Customer review :  26 January 2015 by Klauer Joanne     (Canada)

I travelled YYC-JNB return. They made the 22 hour journey enjoyable! KLM staff are professional and friendly, my seat was comfortable, the plane was clean and the food was good. My only complaint is the lounge at AMS. What a waste of time and load of unnecessary aggravation. Crowded, staff ignored me and I never did get my much needed shower. I didn't even bother with it on the trip home and just did a modified sponge bath in the public bathroom with wet wipes.

KLM Royal Dutch Airlines Customer review :  21 January 2015 by Marcus Nyberg     (Sweden)

Stockholm - Amsterdam - Nairobi return. The outbound journey was very pleasant with everything going very smoothly and the comfort in terms of seating, food, and entertainment was just fine. However, when going back home we were notified that our flight was cancelled for unclear reasons that KLM did not want to tell us (we still haven't gott any explanation more than two months later). We got a less comfortable alternative journey home, which worked out alright. I guess cancellations can happen, but the way KLM handled this one makes me a bit hesitant to choose them again.

KLM Royal Dutch Airlines Customer review :  19 January 2015 by Pidlaoan Christian     (Canada)

Return flights from BRU to YVR via AMS after New Year. BRU to AMS flight delayed due to late arrival of incoming aircraft by 15 minutes, we boarded the plane Captain was there to greet all pax upon boarding. Then, captain took PA to inform us of further delay by 30 minutes as Schipol Airport have strong winds and to delay take-off in BRU until weather in destination cleared. Most pax including me had tight connections but again managed to catch onward flight. KLM is a very efficient airlines when it comes to baggage handling with tight connections. Food and drinks offered are ample and nothing to complain about. What amazed me is during second meal service 2 hours before touchdown in YVR I asked the purser for coffee but responded that it will be offered after the meal service are all done and after an hour she still recall that I asked for a coffee given the flight is totally full and very busy.

Flew from YVR to LHR via AMS and it was eventful one as cabin crew dealt with medical emergency 10 minutes before scheduled touchdown in AMS. Captain asked all pax to remain seated for 20 minutes but still managed to catch my onward connection. Service by flight attendants are warm and friendly, food offered for dinner and breakfast were sufficient and tasty. Rounds of water and juices offered very frequently between meals even though snacks and drinks are available at the rear of the cabin.

KLM Royal Dutch Airlines Customer review :  19 January 2015 by P Rubenstein     (Canada)

BKK-AMS B747, in the updated business class. Despite booking a specific seat and confirming it 3X, I did not receive the seat. This was unacceptable, and the airlines response was, sorry, too bad. Not the most intelligent way of treating a business class client. Check-in was disorganized and time consuming, which was very odd for BKK because I have never experienced this at BKK. Part of the problem is that there is a scrum approach to check in. Boarding was equally disorganized and unusually unpleasant for business class on a BKK long haul. The plane departed late and arrived late, but the Captain's honest explanation made it a non issue. The professionalism carried through to the on board service crew who were some of the most cheerful and efficient FAs I have experienced. Meals were disappointing as they were uninspiring and overly salty. Beverage selection was decent. The new seat left me with a sore back after 12 hours. KLM missed an opportunity to catch up with airlines such as Cathay, EVA and ANA as the new seats are nothing special and still leaves KLM as a class below the aforementioned airlines. The amenity kit while nice looking was basic and again not as useful as Asian carriers, no slippers were provided which is unusual on an Asian flight. Nor was I able to get a newspaper. First time on a long haul flight where newspapers were not available to me in the cabin. IFE was varied and ok, although the map program is as bad as Air France's and not very informative. Overall, it was a generic flight that got me where I had to go safely. The Dutch flight crew were excellent, while the Air France/KLM ground crew in BKK were mediocre. I would not recommend KLM as a carrier on this route unless a direct flight to AMS was required as there are much better options available with the Asian carriers.

KLM Royal Dutch Airlines Customer review :  19 January 2015 by S Cherry     (Denmark)

Abu Dhabi - Amsterdam - Billund. Flight crew were ok. Not very helpful at times. Food was below average. Toilets were not very clean and my seat was Broken! Entertainment system out-dated and on occasion had ear piercing noises. Wont be booking with them again.

KLM Royal Dutch Airlines Customer review :  14 January 2015 by Olle Laprune Yann     (Mexico)

Mexico City - Amsterdam, B747-400 Combi, Check-in was very efficient, the flight was delayed 10 minutes. Food wasn't really good, Crew were friendly and very professional, IFE was good, with lots of recent movies and music. Flight was good overall, with just the delay and the bad food.

KLM Royal Dutch Airlines Customer review :  14 January 2015 by Klaus Malling     (Denmark)

CPH-AMS-LIM and return in November 2014. All flight were on time or a little below schedule, and on all flights the staff were friendly and informal - a nice experience as usual. Food was OK, nothing very fashionable and drink service as expected (although on return flight no vodka for Bloody Mary was available). IFE good, especially - as expected - in audio rock music section, which in KLM is among the best in the air. The only complaints are about the seating in B777-300ER. Formerly I have flew the 777-200 with 3x3x3 option, and found that very comfortable. The 3x4x3 is not ideal. You could for a small fee get slightly more space for legs, but not broader seats, and the new arrangements are both narrow and hard. Paradoxically, seats in the short-haul B737 are much better. But KLM offers in other aspects great service and often good prices.

KLM Royal Dutch Airlines Customer review :  14 January 2015 by Robert Walbeek     (Netherlands)

Flew from Amsterdam to Shanghai on New Years day. Flight on time, food ok, service ok, so actually nothing to complain about.

KLM Royal Dutch Airlines Customer review :  14 January 2015 by Lawrence Mensah     (Kenya)

Comfort Plus section is a major disappointment. Seats are narrow, extremely uncomfortable and offer actually less value than some economy seats. As much as possible, I will not choose KLM for future flights. I have flown Air France's and British Airways' Premium Economy classes and they are much better.

KLM Royal Dutch Airlines Customer review :  11 January 2015 by W Newton     (UK)

My wife and I flew from Singapore to Bali on 23rd December 2014 - never again. First problem was with an officious male steward who, although I knew where my seat was, insisted on looking at our tickets, telling me that was why he was stood there and then proceeded to direct us to the starboard side of the plane, rather than the port side, where our seats A + B were, which resulted in us having to walk on down the plane on the wrong side and then cut through and then try to walk back up the plane against the flow of passengers to get to our seats. Second problem was on our return flight to Singapore on the evening of the 27th, all the passengers were hanging around for hours at Bali airport, as there was a problem with the plane. Not a problem, until we heard that the flight was cancelled and that we would be moved to hotels. No one who could speak English or Dutch was available to liaise with the passengers to advise us of the arrangements. The crowd sort of drifted towards the exit but no one came to tell us about reclaiming our baggage or times of the buses etc. We then drifted towards to baggage reclaim hall down some service steps and then had to find where the cases were coming in. We then drifted towards the exit and then the fun started. The buses turned up, again with no explanation and we were trampled on by the Dutch in their efforts to get on the buses. We eventually got on to a bus. but had to stand with our luggage dumped along the aisles. We then were again trampled on by them in their effort to get into the hotel, so we stood back to let them fight it out. We then eventually got our room, but no mention of how we were getting back to the airport the following day. We did get a phone call from KLM telling us we needed to be at the airport first thing in the morning to get a flight with Silk Air. We got a taxi back and thankfully the flight went OK, no thanks to the very poor communication skills shown by KLM. Problems arise and safety is of course paramount, but if there was some one there who could lead the tired passengers through the situation and keep them informed, the matter would have been far less traumatic, instead it was the blind leading the blind.

KLM Royal Dutch Airlines Customer review :  11 January 2015 by Monty Aal     (The Netherlands)

AMS-BUD return. Decent price of 110 euros. Both flights on time, airplanes were clean and cabin crew were friendly and spontaneous as usually with KLM. Was very nice to see how the company is trying to become more 'green', sandwich on the inbound leg was with free range chicken and on the outbound with special cheese and cream cheese from the north of the Netherlands. When collecting the rubbish everything was neatly sorted in to paper-plastic- metal bins. Seat just like any other European airline, you can live with it. Biscuit +tea/coffee after the meal is a nice touch. KLM is decent airline and I would recommend their European flights.

KLM Royal Dutch Airlines Customer review :  11 January 2015 by Ash David     (UK)

Flew LHR to AMS then AMS to KIX Osaka. Check in at LHR was fast and efficient, good fast track through customs. The lounge at T4 was clean, spacious and bright. Had a very nice English breakfast. Flight to AMS was perfect considering the very high winds with no delays, left and arrived on time. Skyteam lounge at Schiphol was large with plenty of comfy seating with bubbles, wine and spirits and snacks. One of the nicest lounges I have visited. Again the flight on 777-200 was on time, even a little early pushing back. Although the seats were the older style seats found to be quite comfortable. the recline was not as much as I hoped but still got 5 hours sleep. The staff on board were nothing but accommodating, friendly and very efficient, chose the Japanese menu to get me off to a good start, even had great sakai on board. The return from KIX to AMS was good with a fast check in and efficient pass through customs (although no fast track was offered). The lounge is small but very comfortable with some odd seats looking out over the runway. Flight home was on a 777-300 which had better seating than on flight out. Again the staff were excellent, funny and friendly. Could not ask for more. The food was well prepared tasty and very hot. The cabin was almost empty which meant could spread out. Got at least 6 hours of perfect sleep. The flight home from AMS to LHR was on KLM city hopper. Very small plane, and it was packed. The seats are no different than those in economy, and would in future not bother with Business on this service. To be fair flight only 45 minutes so small seat not a problem. All in all an excellent service from KLM - I would definitely fly with them again.

KLM Royal Dutch Airlines Customer review :  11 January 2015 by H Sternberg     (UK)

BOS to BHX via AMS. We booked in advance but were informed a couple days later that the second leg of our journey was cancelled, and that we were rebooked on a much later flight. A sensible connection was available, but we were told that it was impossible to make. When we took the flight, we made it to earlier connection with plenty of time to spare, but were told it was now impossible to transfer. Even with an eight-hour layover, it was impossible to transfer to another other flights because of our baggage. The transfer desk was extraordinarily curt, “Impossible” and “No” were all we got. Our rebooked flight gave us separate seats and we were offered the option to change for €10. Shoddy treatment, all in all.

KLM Royal Dutch Airlines Customer review :  5 January 2015 by Mark Ellwood     (UK)

Heathrow to Havana Via Amsterdam. 14 Dec 2014 back 28 Dec 2014, Business class. B737-900 Usual 3 seats for 2 passengers out of London. A330-200 onto Havana, 2-2-2 Old business class seats but still comfortable even to sleep and I'm 6ft 4. Service fabulous on all flights, food very good and would recommend. Transit very easy in Amsterdam.

KLM Royal Dutch Airlines Customer review :  31 December 2014 by Katharina Preuss     (Germany)

Flying from Hannover (Germany) via Amsterdam to Sydney (Australia) and had booked a cityhopper flight to Amsterdam a day prior to the intercontinental flight to spend a day in Holland for business as well as personal. That flight KL1904, HAJ-AMS got cancelled (no early info, no reason given), and the way the KLM staff (incl. agent in Hannover) handled information, assistance, rebooking was terrible. Unfriendly, not knowledgeable, uninterested - passengers were treated with a "don't know, can't do, take it or leave it" attitude. This is being continued at Amsterdam airport, where no interest or customer focus is shown (ie. by lounge staff), when after all I am a day late (having missed all appointments in Holland). KLM is cheap and nasty. If nothing goes wrong, quite acceptable, but customer service leaves a lot to desire, that includes their website and phone service.

KLM Royal Dutch Airlines Customer review :  29 December 2014 by D Buijs     (The Netherlands)

AMS-PTY and return. I flew with KLM for the first time. The reason was the price and the flight schedule. Departure was late because of the fog. The captain informed us well, and during the flight they gave information about the connection flights in PTY. Onboard, the seat felt very narrow. It was onboard of a 777-300ER. Not much choice on the IFE, but for me it was enough. The crew was very attentive and friendly. The food was good, especially the icecream the served half way the flight. On the return I flew with a 777-200. It was on old plane, but the seats were more spacious. The screen for the IFE was bad, smaal and you couldn't see much on te screen in some positions. The crew was friendly again and there was good food. What I also liked, is that the crew offering you plenty of drinks and after dinner they offer you liquor. Nice touch, I didn't saw it on other airlines I flew with. We departed and arrived on time. So overall, a good experience. I would definitely choose KLM again if the price is right. It's not very special, but it's good and they have a nice crew. The only thing is that they have to renew their fleet. The 777-200 feels quite outdated.

KLM Royal Dutch Airlines Customer review :  18 December 2014 by S Nick     (Belgium)

Taipei to Amsterdam. I am quite familiar with that flight, and I already know the defects (old air plane, etc.), but I chose it nonetheless because of the convenient schedule. On my last trip, the impression is that the company was saving money on every aspect. The food was shameful. The main dinner dish was pieces of chicken in a brown sauce with some peanuts in it. The breakfast made even less sense - the main food was one square omelette with one bacon slice, served with two pieces of cheese and one stale croissant. The inflight entertainment / control did not work, and this meant no reading light throughout the whole trip, no possibility to call the cabin attendants (even to get a glass of water I had to jump over my neighbour). All this on top of the old airplane, lack of privacy, and an extremely uncomfortable sleeping position (as the seat is not horizontal, every time you turn, then you have to climb up the seat again). The ticket cost 5000EUR return, I would not recommend it - a shame KLM fell so low.

KLM Royal Dutch Airlines Customer review :  10 December 2014 by R Scholten     (Netherlands)

KL1383, Amsterdam-Warschau (19/11) on Boeing 737-700. Wonderful flight as always! Nice crew, tasty sandwiches, a good selection of drinks (served twice!) and comfortable seats!

KLM Royal Dutch Airlines Customer review :  25 November 2014 by Alan Tang     (Netherlands)

KL1602 (FCO-AMS): I would describe the whole experience as efficient yet comfortable. As this is a short flight (2 hours), the crew managed to make the flight pleasant. The service was offered twice, the first with sandwich with cheese and selection of drinks (hot beverages and soft drinks) and followed with tea and coffee with biscuits. Crew were nice and helpful for the full flight and noticed how they are really aware on recycling meal packaging after meal service was completed. Totally recommend KLM for the regional Europe flights as they have managed to make the flight comfortable and seamless.

KLM Royal Dutch Airlines Customer review :  17 November 2014 by H James     (UK)

Rio de Janeiro - London via Amsterdam, B777-200. Overnight flight from Rio to London - lucky for me I got an empty seat next to me. The seat actually felt quite roomy for economy class, seat pitch seemed generous. The exit row upgrade was absurdly priced at £120 (on a £490 flight) at time of booking - for comparison the first leg with Air France was £50, which I paid. KLM also offers 'economy comfort' which seems to be premium economy but at €180 to upgrade I ignored - you can check out on the seat map if you actually get more room but I looked closely on the way out of the plane and there is no discernible difference in pitch and still a 3x3x3 configuration. IFE was exceptionally poor on this flight - I'm not sure if 2014 has been a bad year for blockbusters but very little worth watching, and each TV show only has one episode, which is very annoying. Why would you only want to watch one episode is beyond me. Food was pretty decent though and the service attentive, so overall a positive flight. Amsterdam Schipol a nice airport to transfer through as well.

KLM Royal Dutch Airlines Customer review :  17 November 2014 by Dijkstra Edwin     (Netherlands)

Early Sunday morning flight on 9 Nov, AMS to MAN on a KLM 737-800. Flight left a little late but the very short flight time made up for the delay. Arrival 10 minutes before scheduled arrival time. Professional and friendly crew. Service with a smile. Catering was nothing special, tea and a cookie, but nothing more was expected. Excellent value for money, only 112 euro return. Actually much cheaper than so-called low cost carrier on this route. Return pretty much the same. Arriving just 5 minutes late in AMS, due to the long taxiing after landing. Well recommended.

KLM Royal Dutch Airlines Customer review :  12 November 2014 by M Leong     (USA)

Flew JFK-JNB via AMS. Seats were uncomfortable, close to no recline, cabin was hot and the food was pretty poor. Heard a lot about Schipol airport but it turned out to be a cross of La Guardia and Frankfurt. I don't recommend KLM if the flight is over 7 hours long.

KLM Royal Dutch Airlines Customer review :  12 November 2014 by T Smith     (Canada)

Flew from Toronto - Amsterdam and return. The first flight was one of the last for the MD11. The return was 747. The seats on the 747 were excellent. The upper deck was like a private room. Staff were first rate. The captain came and introduced himself, as did the chief purser. Staff were attentive and often anticipated requests. The meal out of Toronto was fair, at best, but it always is. Out of Amsterdam it was very good. The sole was one of the best meals I have had on an aircraft in years. My only negative is the departure gate in Schiphol. Security is cleared at the gate. This meant the flight was called an hour and a half before departure. All the passengers were squeezed sardine lik in the tiny waiting area. There was not enough seating. Wheelchairs had to push through with the result that people were stepping on each other. I mentioned this to the KLM attendant at the gate. She told me to write the management. Bottom line avoid Schipol for departures.

KLM Royal Dutch Airlines Customer review :  12 November 2014 by M Zaki     (Malaysia)

Flew KUL-CGK and return - travelling with a 2 year old toddler. Crew were generally attentive. The crew who served our aisle on the return flight was exceptionally pleasant to our little girl. Meals were appropriate for a 2-hour flight and and suited time of the day, however no options were offered.

KLM Royal Dutch Airlines Customer review :  12 November 2014 by D Mohapatra     (USA)

Highly Recommended. Flight from Delhi to Amsterdam. Check-in was smooth and departure was on-time. Courteous flight crew, good food but could be improved and nice comfortable seat. On-time arrival and smooth transfer to the next flight. Overall outstanding experience and would like to choose KLM for future international trips.

KLM Royal Dutch Airlines Customer review :  31 October 2014 by Derrick Adam     (Netherlands)

First off, the plane was clean and the crew were smiling, friendly and very helpful. Every time someone called an attendant, you could see several of them jump to attention and immediately attend to the passengers needs. The food was pretty good. My partner got the Dutch style meal and it was always delicious and I kept getting the Asian meal which was just ok. The website said that economy would get an amenity bag, but these were missing from our flights, so we didn't have an eye mask and toothbrush as we thought they would be provided, but they were not. The seats were awful. My partner and I are not big or tall and we are usually quite comfortable in standard economy seats but these were horrible. My knees were touching the seat in front of me and there was a box under the seat in front of me so I couldn't put my feet anywhere. At mealtimes, it was difficult to eat because we had to keep our elbows in to keep from elbowing our neighboring passengers. By the end of our going flight, we had decided pay for the exit row seats for the return flight (AMS-NRT return). I don't get it because this is not a budget airline but the seats were so tight. There were cheaper airlines flying to Tokyo but we chose this one thinking it would be more comfortable. We have flown KLM for intercontinental flights and they are good, but the long haul flights we probably won't do again and opt for a more comfortable airline.

KLM Royal Dutch Airlines Customer review :  31 October 2014 by Mandap, Mary Ann     (UK)

Manchester-Manila return 03/10/14 and returned 19/10/14. Flights delayed after stop over in Taiwan going to Manila and from Taiwan going back to Amsterdam. Had to disembark twice in Taiwan as transit passengers. Air conditioning system not working properly on the ground going back to Amsterdam. So hot and inconvenient with no proper updated announcement as to what's going on. Very cheap and inconvenient earphones. Very limited inflight entertainment choices. No inflight menu selection, food so so and the cabin crews just shove the trays in front of you - not very hospitable. Poor handling of ground staff about transfer and connecting flights due to delays. Messy, chaotic and tiring flights. First time to fly KLM and the experience puts me off using their service again. Overall experience, not enjoyable and won't recommend it. Needs improvement.

KLM Royal Dutch Airlines Customer review :  28 October 2014 by Etoile Brilliant     (Sweden)

KLM are generally a safe choice. Their economy short haul service is up there with the best. Free sandwich, alcoholic drink, coffee and biscuit. Flights are always on time and staff are professional. If I pulled them up, the first point would be on the use of the Fokker F70s, this is 1996 technology and long overdue for replacement with with Embraer's or Bombadier's latest product. If you sit next to the emergency exit, you can practically hear the air leaking. Secondly, their prices can vary for no reason at all. Would choose again if price works.

KLM Royal Dutch Airlines Customer review :  28 October 2014 by Mary Ann Mandap     (UK)

Delayed flights. Poor air conditioning system. Poor communication with passengers regarding delays. So-so food, no inflight menu selection. Very poor and cheap earphones. Not very hospitable cabin crews. Very few selection of inflight entertainment. Very poor handling of ground staff on delays and transfer and poor communication between themselves. Overall rating: Poor, needs improvement. Not a very good first time experience flying with KLM. Not good value for money and I would not definitely recommend it.

KLM Royal Dutch Airlines Customer review :  23 October 2014 by Martin Webber     (UK)

Having booked a series of long-haul Business Class flights with KLM, I searched their website and their Terms and Conditions just to make sure that, in line with all other airlines, they allow the inflight use of CPAP machines (CPAP = Continuous Positive Airway Pressure - a small air pump that prevents sleep apnoea). As they provide power sockets to their long-haul Business Class seats I assumed that this would be no problem but, believe it or not, KLM will not allow passengers to connect medical equipment to their power sockets! KLM allow passengers to connect anything else to their power sockets (computers, tablets, DVD players, phone chargers, electric razors etc) but not medical equipment. I have told KLM that my little CPAP machine is electrically tested and internationally certified for aircraft use - but still they say no. When asked why they refuse to answer. What a disgraceful, disgusting policy and what an arrogant attitude!

KLM Royal Dutch Airlines Customer review :  23 October 2014 by U Wik     (Finland)

Flight from Helsinki to Amsterdam this morning has so far been a joke. For check in and boarding they had 2 clerks and 1 priority lane for a full flight. Even if queue was extremely long (schools autumn break) no additional measures were taken and queue time was an hour. When the given boarding time was close two clerks left even if there was still a queue. Now we are about to take off (delayed) as a drunk passenger had to be removed, let's see what's next.

KLM Royal Dutch Airlines Customer review :  23 October 2014 by Maripolsky Louis     (Thailand)

I flew KL876, 9 Oct, BKK-AMS and KL875, AMS-BKK. I was delighted to see that KL has retained its Dutch identity and good service. I flew in Economy Comfort outbound, economy to BKK. Leg room was good in economy, and, of course, better in Comfort. Two hot meals served in each direction. Meals were good quality. Fresh and tasty. Free wind and beer offered during the flight. KL allows small personal electronics from gate to gate (in airplane mode) so I enjoyed reading from my Kindle as I liked. Crews and ground staff were friendly and helpful. KLM is a professional airline that is putting US carriers to shame!

KLM Royal Dutch Airlines Customer review :  23 October 2014 by S Santoso     (Switzerland)

First time flying KLM for a long haul flight, from Geneva-Amsterdam-Jakarta (via Kuala Lumpur) vv. Had a ticketing issue in Geneva, but ground staff handled it. Both flights boarded on time, however my flight from Amsterdam to Jakarta was delayed 30 minutes. Arrived on time in Jakarta. My flight back from Jakarta also had some issues, first the ticketing (again), and also the baggage handling, as I have Elite Status on Skyteam, I was supposed to get 10 kg extra, however, I needed to pay 100USD for my 5 kg extra. The food was tasty, cabin crew did what they should, although they were not willing to fill my bottle of water on my flight from Jakarta to Amsterdam. the entertainment was good. The seats were uncomfortable, especially on their 777-300ER (very narrow and not enough legroom for me, 178cm tall).

KLM Royal Dutch Airlines Customer review :  23 October 2014 by Anton Verberne     (Netherlands)

AMS-NBO Left on time, KLM is not the best of airlines although it still would like to consider itself one of them. Their tickets are overpriced compared to the comfort you get with Middle East carriers. The food is poor. The economy class menu is never changed - you eat the same food over and over again. The food is way below the standard of some other 4 and 5 star airlines. Same goes for the inflight entertainment. Not many new movies, lot's of old stuff. And the screens and remote controls are old, small and cumbersome. However, the crew was as always most helpful and friendly and gave me the feeling of being valued as a frequent flyer and most importantly, they got the job done on time. They get you from A to B without any / much delays which these days is more of an exception than standard at most airlines. I live in Amsterdam which is KLM's homebase, if I lived somewhere else I would not fly KLM this much.

KLM Royal Dutch Airlines Customer review :  13 October 2014 by R Simon     (Austria)

DFW-AMS-VIE on Aug 25, DFW-AMS on an old Airbus 330-200, AMS-VIE on a 737-700, both legs in World Business Class / Business Europe. DFW-AMS was on-time, FA's were very attentive and friendly, addressing passengers by name and in at least 4 different languages, based on the passengers nationality, brilliant crew! WBC seats on the old Airbus 330-200 were tired angle-flats, which although comfortable for resting, were not comfortable enough for a decent sleep, which I consider the most important requirement for a night flight in Business Class. Configuration was old style 2-2-2. IFE was AVOD, but screens were again low quality and system has seen better time; e.g. only the third pair of headphones I received actually worked. Meals served were Cajun Tuna and Chicken Tikka Masala (or Steak or Cannelloni) for dinner and Blueberry Pancakes (or Feta Omelette) for breakfast. Food served was ok, catering on the flight out of KLMs home base Amsterdam on the way to the US was far superior to the offerings on this flight back. Wine list again nice with some interesting choices out of the box. AMS-VIE was fine and on-time with nothing special to report, seats were economy seats with the middle seat left vacant, KLM uses a rented lounge facility in DFW which was OK, with a good selection of drinks and limited food offerings, definitely better than the typical lounges run by the US airlines. KLMs Schengen lounge in AMS was again comfortable, again with a decent drink selection and limited food offerings. Transfer in AMS meant walking long distances, but was eventless otherwise. Transfer immigration and security control involved considerable less waiting time than I remember from previous instances. I have flown with AA, BA, AY, IB and LX on transatlantic routes over the past years and all featured more modern planes with better business class seating. KLM needs to retire or update these old planes to offer a really competitive transatlantic product. So, except for the seating a good flight, but due to the old seats far from perfect product for a night flight. Recommended, if available at a very competitive price.

KLM Royal Dutch Airlines Customer review :  13 October 2014 by M Seymour     (UK)

We flew from Amsterdam to Quito and Panama to Amsterdam in economy on B777. Both flights were a few minutes late departing. Food was average and the entertainment system was quite good. Seat comfort was about average. However there was one area where the airline excelled and that was the friendliness and helpfulness of the the cabin crew. We have used Iberia before for flights to Latin America and I have to say KLM was much better. The generally surly crews on Iberia could learn a thing or two about customer service!

KLM Royal Dutch Airlines Customer review :  13 October 2014 by S Brummel     (Netherlands)

Very good airline. Went from Amsterdam to Bangkok. Excellent service in Schiphol. Nice staff and excellent food. Never had ice cream on a flight before. There were more than enough movies to watch. Really like KLM, even that it is a little more expensive than some other airlines, but worth the extra bucks.

KLM Royal Dutch Airlines Customer review :  13 October 2014 by Sasha Guignard     (Ukraine)

Flew Amsterdam to Kiev last week on KL1387. In general the flight was good but had a 1hr delay due to thick fog earlier in the day. No Sky Priority through security or during boarding. No IFE just a route map to watch for 2hr 30mins. There was also a last minute gate change. Meal was tasty.

KLM Royal Dutch Airlines Customer review :  13 October 2014 by D Choy     (UK)

08-10-14 NR-TAMS - Reconfigured Business Class. The seat was very comfortable to sit and sleep. That is all I can say about the journey. The inflight entertainment selection were poor compare to its partners. The food in business class was disgusting and poor choice of options. It is shame to see KLM invest so much on seating to woo premium customer but cannot deliver on the basic.

KLM Royal Dutch Airlines Customer review :  9 October 2014 by Alex Page     (UK)

Only a short flight from Birmingham, UK to Amsterdam. Slept most of the way but woke up to a free sandwich, which I didn't expect on such a short flight. Would recommend this airline. Flight was KL1420. Plane had a modern feel to it.

KLM Royal Dutch Airlines Customer review :  9 October 2014 by R Scholten     (Netherlands)

KL1699, AMS-MAD (23/9) and KL1706, MAD-AMS (03/10). Both flights on Boeing 737-800. Self-service bag drop was as always problematic. My bag was refused 4 times. I really hate the self-service bag drop off units and will try to avoid them next time. Luckily there is always a standard manned bag drop unit available. One of the main reasons that I prefer flying KLM is the 'welcome feeling' you get when you enter the plane. On both flights the crew was very friendly and attentive. Several drinks, two sandwiches and a cookie were served on both flights. Inflight entertainment could be better. I missed a personal or central AVOD to follow the course of the flight.

KLM Royal Dutch Airlines Customer review :  6 October 2014 by Alan Steinberg     (Canada)

I have just returned from the Ukraine via Amsterdam. I can say that from A to Z KLM was excellent. It was easy to Web check in. Boarding was efficient and orderly. The flight crew were helpful and greeted us with warm and friendly smiles. I can only offer praise for KLM as all flights were on time and baggage delivered quickly. Whenever possible I will fly KLM - Schiphol was also a very user friendly airport.

KLM Royal Dutch Airlines Customer review :  2 October 2014 by R Simon     (Austria)

VIE-AMS-DFW on Aug 8, VIE-AMS on a 737-700, AMS-DFW on an old Airbus 330-200, both legs in Business Europe / World Business Class – VIE-AMS was on time, FAs were friendly and attentive, continental breakfast served was decent, although not stellar, as with most flight in Europe, seats were economy seats with the middle seat left vacant. – AMS-DFW on-time, on a tired but clean Airbus 330-200 with vintage 2-2-2 configuration. IFE was AVOD, but screens were from previous century and picture quality poor, selection was OK. WBC seats were just angle-flat and rather tired, but comfortable for resting on a day flight. FAs were brilliant, attentive and doing their job with a smile. Food served was quite good. Salmon Tartare and Indonesian Chicken Curry (or 2 other choices of Beef or Plaice) for lunch. Chili Prawns and Indonesian Beef (or Cod) for the second meal. It was nice that the product featured some Dutch (Indonesian) elements throughout the flight and was not just generic. Wines served were also nice with some interesting choices, not just the standard fare. KL uses a shared airport lounge in VIE, which is not particularly great, but in line with other lounges in VIE and at least not overcrowded. KL’s Non-Schengen lounge in AMS was nice and spacious with a decent selection of drinks, but with limited food choices. Transfer in AMS involved walking long distances, but was otherwise hassle free. Overall, I found KL to offer a good product for a day flight, thanks to the soft product on board and the flights' on-time performance. Recommended for a day flight, in spite of the old planes used on this particular transatlantic route.

KLM Royal Dutch Airlines Customer review :  2 October 2014 by K Carr     (UK)

My wife and I flew with KLM from London to Amsterdam and then on to Aruba in September. Our outgoing flights were outstanding. Good food, good entertainment and good staff we could not be more pleased. However our return flight was the opposite food was extremely poor, seen very little of the staff but the entertainment was ok. I fail to understand how an airline can achieve the two extremes in a very short space of time. KLM showed us that the airline has the potential to be outstanding but appears to have continuity issues.

KLM Royal Dutch Airlines Customer review :  2 October 2014 by James OBrien     (USA)

I have flown KLM on hundreds of flights. KLM is great in a lot of ways - clean, responsive, and a friendly staff. However, they seem to really dislike Delta Sky Miles members. I have been a SkyTeam Diamond Member due to travel for more than four years straight. It never fails. KLM will guarantee great seats for its direct ticket passengers, but it will ALWAYS shove the Delta passengers into middle rows/seats no matter what. You might get lucky on occasion. But typically, KLM will not support its partner airline programs. I did not have similar experiences with Kenya Air or Air France. KLM seems to be the only member of the team that acts this way.

KLM Royal Dutch Airlines Customer review :  29 September 2014 by M Idelenburg     (Netherlands)

Sao Paulo - Amsterdam - London and back. Their website was very efficient and online check-in worked fine. Picked up the boarding pass at the airport via self service machine without any trouble. Boarding was efficient and quick. Plane (B777-300ER) left on time. I am not that big, but leg (and knee) space was more than enough (considering it was economy). Enjoyed the IFE, although I do believe the movie selection could have been better (however it changes monthly). Food was good, and I must state that the fact that KLM constantly replaces the snacks on the back of the plane is very good: If you are ever thirsty or hungry, you can always find a constantly renewed set of snacks and drinks at the back. I had a good short haul experience (B737-800). Leg space good and nice crew. Nice snacks were served there as well. I had the same experience on return, and I must say that I considered KLM a great airline.