Kenya Airways Customer Reviews and Kenya Airways Passenger Trip Reports

1 2 3 4 5 6

Kenya Airways Customer review :  29 August 2012 by Z Mulert    (Switzerland)

Flew on a 767 from CDG to NBO on July 19th, and then a 777 from NBO to AMS on August 17th. Flight from Paris to Nairobi showed as being "on time" for 11am departure, but bit by bit, departure was pushed back until 3pm, without any explanation whatsoever. Once on board 767, both AVOD devices did not work, making 8-hour journey feel even longer. Food was average (same as most US carriers) and service was kind. On return flight, we were once again delayed for one hour, without explanation, and once again AVOD in both seats did not work. Food on return flight was less than pleasant. I did not have high expectations, but Kenya Airways made even mainstream US carriers look luxurious.

Kenya Airways Customer review :  29 August 2012 by C Sayn    (Kenya)

I live in Kenya and I am a Flying Blue Gold member. Unfortunately I have to fly KQ frequently. I say "unfortunately" mainly due to the more than frequent delays without explanations, without anyone responsible and without real support as to what to do. You feel totally lost in the horrible JKIA. When flights get delayed over night, people are ferried to hotels in CBD instead of hotels closer to the airport. Apart from this standing joke on KQ unreliability of flights, I have to say that I have always received my luggage (touch wood). In-flight entertainment is a complete joke with old movies on the system that only works half the time. Twice in business NBO-Paris I had no in-flight entertainment at all and no apologies for it. Food is not too bad. Seats are old and uncomfortable. Now, if KQ would at least be a cheap airline I could accept all this, but given the pricing structure it is just annoying. $1,000 in Econ NBO to Maputo? I have seen worse, but I have also seen much better.

Kenya Airways Customer review :  17 August 2012 by C Li    (Hong Kong)

A pleasant surprise with this airline. I made sure I bought travel insurance and examined the policy wording after reading these reviews on this site. However, from HKG-BKK-HKG, it was clean, efficient and with good service. Outbound flight delayed by 45 minutes but inward was on time. Luggage and check-in fast and efficient too (although couldn't check-in online). The price we paid, made this a budget airline purchase effectively and we treated as such. Would be happy to fly with them again if we found a good deal.

Kenya Airways Customer review :  2 August 2012 by A Menon    (Zambia)

Flew them last month from Lusaka-Nairobi and return on old Boeing 767's. While going, flight was via Lillongwe, and on return, via Harare. Both ways, seats were broken, and quite uncomfortable. Staff were not friendly at all. Cabin and toilets were quite dirty. Food both ways was also horrible. On return, in Nairobi, check-in staff gave me 2 boarding passes, one for the Nairobi-Harare flight, and the other for the Harare- Lusaka flight, meaning I had to change seats in Harare! Never seen that in any other airline. Recommend to avoid this airline if possible and use alternatives when flying to and from Africa such as SAA/ET.

Kenya Airways Customer review :  26 July 2012 by Pat Cotterill    (Australia)

Flight from Nairobi to Kigali cancelled with no notice and no reason. Rebooked on later flight via Bujumbura. Stayed on the ground at Bujumburra for 2 hours. No luggage on arrival and no one cared. Phone call on a Saturday resulted in "call back Monday we don't have staff to chase luggage on the weekend. In air service was good on all our Kenya Airways flights but poor schedule management and incredibly bad luggage management means I will not fly again if I can help it. Such a pity it could be a great airline.

Kenya Airways Customer review :  10 July 2012 by Frank Edwards    (UAE)

Flew Dubai to Nairobi to Dubai. Both ways, cramped, stuffy, no IFE and filthy conditions. Also on return flight, no reading light and arm rest broken. Flight from Nairobi to Dubai had been cancelled a month before but not informed. Staff made us feel that it was our fault. Kept waiting for hours before we could speak to someone in authority. No genuine interest shown by staff. Will not be using the Pride Of Kenya again.

Kenya Airways Customer review :  4 July 2012 by Z Gathiti    (Kenya)

Flight to Johannesburg. Expected departure at 9.10, called KQ five minutes away from JKIA and informed of delayed departure (11.40). Checked in and informed of another delayed departure to 12 Noon. Boarded for departure at 12 noon, Captain announces that we must wait for passengers connecting from New Delhi. Crew advise that they have no idea how long this will take. We finally depart at 12.40. KQ did not know that there were passengers arriving from New Delhi all along? The flight scheduled for 7am had not left thus passengers booked for this flight still stuck with everyone else. What exactly is happening - now informed that the Johannesburg-Nairobi 10.55 never actually exist, and has never flown - but KQ will nevertheless book you on this flight and demand USD 80 for any attempt to change! Is this still the 'Pride' or the 'Embarrassment' of Africa in as far as this route is concerned. A number of Kenyans flying on this route frequently advise that you need to stay away from Kenya Airways. I hope that the return trip will be without delay.

Kenya Airways Customer review :  7 June 2012 by W Kir    (Kenya)

I'm writing from the JKIA airport in Nairobi, still stuck for 24 hours without any explanation from management. There was a 5 hour delay for all flights, after that, operations at the airport resumed to normal. But Kenya Airways kept telling us we would depart every 3 hours, until 1am when passengers became angry and had to storm the First Class lounge of Kenya Airways so someone from Management could be called to explain the reason for the long delay. Needless to say, no one showed up. Some passengers with children have been stuck at the airport for 2 days. Some passengers - not all have been given food. On average I would say that in the last 24 hours, passengers have had 1 meal. Here we are, paying $1,100 from Nairobi to Accra but this service is pathetic.

Kenya Airways Customer review :  2 May 2012 by Neil Walker    (UK)

Checked in with seats assigned near the front. Trip from the Seychelles back to Nairobi for our connection back to LHR on BA. Boarded, only to be told to forget the seat assignment, it became an Easyjet / Ryanair fiasco. This happened on the Nairobi-Seychelles route too! I fly a lot and I must say the crew were without doubt the most miserable and rudest crew I've come across. On a positive note the food was quite good and the movie for a short flight was welcome, the crew and boarding let the whole thing down. This was a 3 hour economy flight from Nairobi to Mahe both ways, torn between yes and no for recommendation as pro's and cons.

Kenya Airways Customer review :  1 May 2012 by S Said    (UAE)

Very disappointing indeed! As a Kenyan, I wanted to believe that Kenya Airways is indeed the "pride of Africa". Perhaps it was at a time. Recently it is starting to be an "embarrassment of Africa". Service has deteriorated to poor levels. Our departure to Dubai was delayed for almost 3 hours. We were bundled out of the business lounge only to spend another hour waiting and without any Airline staff explaining the cause of delay or if indeed we were going to travel. They passed to and fro without having the courtesy to explain. My experience in the morning from Mombassa was a joke.

Kenya Airways Customer review :  28 April 2012 by M Gopinath    (South Africa)

Update of my previous review. Rebooked flight out of Jo'burg at 11.15 on 17th April, was cancelled with no advance notice sent. Customer Service not at all fazed by further inconvenience to passengers. Given access to lounge after a vigorous complaint. Today, 27th April 2012, tried online check-in for return flight. Not too surprised to receive the message "your reservation does not exist". Called call centre in Nairobi only to be told my return reservation did not exist! Eventually, it was resolved, am now awaiting the "right" ticket by email.

Kenya Airways Customer review :  25 April 2012 by M Gopinath    (South Africa)

A nightmare out of Johannesburg on 16th April. Flight due to take off at 13.20, at 13.45 the Captain announced 9 passengers needed to disembark the aircraft in order to balance the load. A few passengers opted for the US$500 voucher in exchange for disembarking. However, an hour later the aircraft hadn't moved. Chief FA then informs passengers that another 10 passengers have to be offloaded. Eventually all passengers had to disembark the aircraft and re-board so calculations could be reconciled with the regulations. At 16.30, after a frustrating 3 hour wait I voluntarily disembarked, was taken to the baggage hall to collect my bag, only to find all passengers’ baggage had not even been loaded onto the aircraft. Staff, lied and tried to pass the buck at every opportunity. I have now been rebooked on 17th April and am not expecting a better show from KQ.

Kenya Airways Customer review :  21 April 2012 by Frank Shava    (UK)

Heathrow to Harare return. Outbound flight was okay with no delays and the flight was comfortable. Return flight was a nightmare, we were delayed twice - once in Harare and Nairobi with no explanation for the delays.

Kenya Airways Customer review :  3 April 2012 by D Poole    (Australia)

Nairobi to Lagos. Boarding procedures unpleasant, sat in a window seat with a passenger next to me who had little appreciation of personal space and who loved what I was watching on my iPad. Food was great; took 3 requests to get a drink after food service finished. Would see if I could afford business class next time.

Kenya Airways Customer review :  30 March 2012 by Shep Owen    (Kenya)

Have had very poor experiences in the past but Kenya Airways seems to be stepping up their game. Recent flights to Juba, Addis, Kigali, Maputo and Joburg were all on time, seats/planes were ok (new Embraer's are great), and service very good. Staff are almost always polite.

Kenya Airways Customer review :  16 March 2012 by Simon Howell    (UK)

Helpful crew but awful aeroplanes on LHR-NBO route in contrast to those internally used between Nairobi/Entebbe/Nairobi and Mombassa. Charming staff wheelchaired me onto flight from Entebbe to Nairobi and did the same to catch a plane on to Mombassa. Ground staff at Mombassa failed to explain luggage was ticketed through to LHR while of course on arrival in Kenya luggage is collected and then reinserted for an internal flight. Onboard 40f did not recline and the video did not work. A seat change produced a screen that worked and earphones with insufficient output to listen to the film. Misery on long flights.

Kenya Airways Customer review :  14 March 2012 by Umer Khan    (USA)

Fight from Kigali to Nairobi cancelled, they gave me a flight the next day, meaning I had to spend 24 hours in Kigali which I was transiting through. I missed two connections (Paris and Washington DC). They put me on a flight that required 8 hrs layover in Nairobi and refused to offer lounge access. The seat they gave me was by the exit, arm rest was removed, and I had to hold the tray table on my knees every time I needed it. A huge 767, no entertainment system. Food was as terrible as the service.

Kenya Airways Customer review :  9 March 2012 by M Saunders    (UK)

Heathrow to Nairobi return. On time in both directions. Food OK going out but poor on return. IFE not working on outward journey. The B777 was very stuffy and with poor seats, it was difficult to sleep. BA does this flight better.

1 2 3 4 5 6