Jetstar Airways Passenger Reviews and Jetstar Airways Customer Trip Reports

Jetstar Airways Customer review :  21 October 2014 by W Raven    (Japan)

First and last time I will ever use Jetstar. You get what you pay for with this airline. Flew round trip from Tokyo to Fukuoka. The departure was fine, nothing too major besides the language barrier. The return trip-was hell. I arrived at the airport and checked into the terminal at 1pm for a 2:30 flight. At 2 pm the notification was released that this flight and only this flight was to be postponed for 3 hours due to weather that was scheduled to arrive later that night. Why would you delay a flight so that it departs when weather turns bad vs while it's nice and sunny? I went to the ticket counter to enquire about being moved to the next available flight out, and of course the next flights to my destination are on time and full. Great. So now my 2.30 departure is now a 5pm departure while all other airlines are on schedule. he attendant says I am more than welcome to book an earlier fight with a different carrier and will be refunded part of my trip - I was 'credited' 92USD, not even close to half of the cost of the total trip, but it was a refund. I proceed to a different carrier and walk away at the $430 one way option and sadly go back the original carrier after the prices were higher at each different carrier. I purchased the only flight to my destination, for $115 - the only open and next available flight. I paid for the same seat twice. I have a seat, on a plane that once again is delayed. The departure is pushed to 8pm. While 2 flights to my destination from the same carrier leaving the same terminal are not delayed.

Jetstar Airways Customer review :  16 October 2014 by Anders Pedersen    (Denmark)

Domestic Vietnam HAN-SGN-HAN on 10 and 12 October 2014. Airbus 320 both ways. Delays, but I was informed early (SMS and email) and eventually in both cases - offered even better departure times as compared to what I was booked for. Staff nicely dressed in fresh youth style with black T-shirts (with discrete logo) and trousers. They were fast, alert, smiling, and very friendly despite the flight was full to the very last seat. This is a LCC without free onboard service - but prices are low, e.g. a hot meal (4 options) is 3 dollars inc. soft drink. The giftshop onboard offers e.g. colourful ladybags with airline logos for 4 USD. Jetstar depends on bus transfers in both airports as LCC carriers obviously do not get access the direct boarding/disembarkation gates.

Jetstar Airways Customer review :  14 October 2014 by Parnell Ron    (New Zealand)

CHC-SYD-MAROOCHYDORE return, in late May / June 2014. Jetstar were almost obsessive about punctuality and to their credit these 4 flights were either right on time or earlier. The aircraft were all clean, staff appeared friendly and helpful. Most enjoyable flights that met my expectations. Only thing is the seats are nearly always so hard that my backside becomes numb. Thousands of pax sitting for hrs on these seats soon destroys much of their cushioning. I never buy onboard. Bring my own food and bottled water. Here in New Zealand we regularly travel CHC- AKL-CHC and only use Jetstar. Punctual, good fares, and we are always satisfied in every way. They are a popular well used airline in NZ and vital competition for Air NZ. Overall, satisfied with Jetstar as an airline.

Jetstar Airways Customer review :  13 October 2014 by G Cook    (Australia)

Our family of four flew with Jetstar not by choice but because I booked a discounted fare through Qantas and the only option was to fly one leg Adelaide to Sydney with Jetstar. As we had a 2.5 hour window before making the cut off check in time for our international flight I thought it was worth the risk. I say this because we travel a lot and there have been a number of times when we have been in an airport and heard the delay messages regarding Jetstar, and thought 'Lucky we are not with them'. When we checked in we were told the flight was delayed but 'only by an hour'. No panic as there was still plenty of time. At 4.05 when the delayed flight was meant to be departing it still had not landed in Adelaide. When we did finally depart at 5.25pm we had resigned ourselves to missing our international flight. This review is fair so I must mention the check in staff who arranged for our luggage to be in the first container off the plane in Sydney and the cabin staff who got us to the front so we could run the moment the doors opened at the airbridge when we docked. If it weren't for them we would not have made our next flight. A $20 tip to a taxi driver and a sprint meant we made the check in desk of the international airline just as they were closing the flight. My main comment is concerning the lies fed to us by the ground crew in Adelaide. I can not understand how they can say a flight is delayed 'one hour' when it could not have possibly even been in the air!! It's not the Adelaide staff - its the people in operations. By not telling passengers the truth (seems to be a common complaint) they are effectively denying them any chance of booking a flight with a rival airline so that connections can be made. If it weren't for the poor staff in the firing line on the ground and on the plane I would have been a lot less complimentary. Next time we pay more and fly with anyone but Jetstar.

Jetstar Airways Customer review :  13 October 2014 by James Woolridge    (Australia)

Star

Flight from Narita to Cairns was delayed due to mechanical problems - fair enough. Then we could not take off due to Narita being closed after 11pm - again, fair enough. Captain very apologetic. That was nice. All passengers had to disembark, retrace their steps through immigration and pick up their luggage - again, fair enough I suppose. But then the whole planeload of passengers was left milling around trying to find out what was going to happen from a couple of harassed young Japanese Jetstar employees with limited English who were doing their level best in the face of increasingly bewildered and irritated passengers. After an hour or so news filtered through that there would be another flight late the following day. Eventually someone must have found the key to the room where the public address microphone is, but no accommodation arranged or suggested and a couple of hundred people with all their bags simply left to their own devices in a deserted terminal in the middle of the night. Delays happen, of course they do, but you need a contingency plan for occasions such as these - and invest in a bullhorn for heavens sake so that you can keep people informed. When we eventually did get off the ground the service was fine and the food good.

Jetstar Airways Customer review :  13 October 2014 by L Lammert    (Australia)

Flew from Sydney-Melbourne-Bangkok and back. The staff were unhelpful and unfriendly. There was no consideration to the urgency to make adjoining flights. Landing back in Melbourne it took them 40 minutes to get our bags onto the turnstile because the 'machine was broken' so thus missed adjoining domestic connection. On top of that- Melbourne custom officers were slow and condescending.

Jetstar Airways Customer review :  9 October 2014 by Noah Hallani    (Australia)

My family and I caught a flight from SYD-MEL and I was very disappointed. The cabin crew were extremely unhelpful. There was no inflight entertainment whatsoever (not even the radios you could use on your arm rest like on other domestic airlines such as Virgin and Qantas). When we arrived in Melbourne Jetstar had lost my luggage. They contacted us in saying it should show up in 3 to 4 days and we were only in Melbourne for 4 days! It seemed like they didn't care at all! I would never travel with Jetstar again.

Jetstar Airways Customer review :  9 October 2014 by Rebecca Mason    (Australia)

We love Jetstar. Flew MEL-SIN on Friday 19th September. Flight was delayed by about 15 minutes but this time was made up. Check-in was seamless, flight was comfortable. I was lucky enough to have a spare seat next to me. Cabin crew were friendly enough. Inflight entertainment was good but more variety would be appreciated, particularly for children. It was a little frustrating that the cabin crew require photo ID for the inflight entertainment. Didn't have any photo ID besides my passport. A boarding pass sufficed but the flight attendant was not so happy I didn't have photo ID. Smooth landing in Singapore completed our pleasant experience with Jetstar. We brought our own snacks so didn't use their food and beverage service.

Jetstar Airways Customer review :  9 October 2014 by Ferrier Bronwyn    (Australia)

OOL-NRT, Business, 14 Sept 2014, seats 1A/C. Dreamliner. Flight was on time departing, leaving mid morning. Flight attendants were attentive, friendly and professional, drinks offered before take-off, orders taken for lunch and drinks. The seats in Row 1 are definitely the most comfortable with no one in front reclining and plenty of legroom. The lunch was delicious, my wild mushroom arancini were as good as any I've tasted. I had a glass of Royal Chivers and the attendant made sure it was topped up, necessitating an afternoon nana nap! A late afternoon snack of warm beef foccacia sandwich before getting into Tokyo was also excellent. Only gripe is the footrests are low and on the night return flight, I would prefer the legs more elevated. However, value for money, one can't complain. I'll save time here, and say the return flight on Sept 24 was also very good, the meal not so good but a reasonable standard.

Jetstar Airways Customer review :  6 October 2014 by R Howe    (Australia)

Flew Bali to Perth on Jetstar. I had used Qantas FF points to book a "Rewards" flight and ended up on Jetstar as Qantas does not fly internationally out of Perth. Go figure. I paid for front row seats so had lots of legroom. I got the legroom and that's it. The seat was hard as a rock and I duidnt want to recline as I would have suffocated the poor passenger behind me. The staff completely disinterested and no service offered. The best I can say is we arrived home safely. We will never fly Jetstar again. Air Asia is far better.

Jetstar Airways Customer review :  25 September 2014 by M McCarthy    (Australia)

MEL-BKK, Economy, A330-200. How does one start with Jetstar International? Firstly, the Thai crew are excellent and are far superior to the domestic version in Australia. The aircraft was on time and was a comfortable flight from an engineering perspective. However, the interior of this aircraft can only be described as a time capsule whereby the interior designer had a selection of interiors and said, "That's the one - the theme we will go for is recycled 1970's Estonian disco." To be fair not all of the seats were broken, mine reclined on the left side thereby putting my left shoulder on the lap of the person behind me while my right shoulder was touching the back of the seat in front of me. I especially liked the rips in the "leather" that allowed me to hang my mobile phone for viewing of videos. Very thoughtful. Also the 3 TV's that came with the plane at the front of interior did not work so we couldn't even follow a flight map. On the return leg, same story re interior. I understand that with budget carriers you get what you pay for, but I paid for a seat with oxygen and almost got ripped off.

Jetstar Airways Customer review :  23 September 2014 by L Williamson    (Australia)

I will never fly this airline again. Our flight at the moment has been delayed 11.5 hrs and increasing as I sit at the airport. We have missed the Singapore Grand Prix day 1 race and concert (which we had tickets for). The communication to let us know what was going on was appalling. By the time they decided to let us know what was going on the earliest flight we could rebook for was 10.5 hrs later. My advice is never fly Jetstar.

Jetstar Airways Customer review :  20 September 2014 by K Parkes    (Australia)

SYD to MEL on Sept 15th 2014 and return on 18th. Found staff friendly and obliging and the landing back in Sydney on Sept 18th on flight JQ 508 was the best landing I've encountered. The only negative is that Jetstar seems to always be chronically late of advertised takeoff times. Don't know why and don't know if its the companies fault or just airport overload, as they are not alone with this constant problem at Sydney and Melbourne.

Jetstar Airways Customer review :  18 September 2014 by Christopher Copeland    (Australia)

Star

My wife and I booked business class Jetstar from Brisbane to Denpasar. Business is little better than economy with the seats in front dropping back into our laps - very little room. Worse was the return flight which Jetstar cancelled a few hours before departure. The email told us to phone an Australian customer service number (our cost) and we were told we had been moved to business on Virgin the following afternoon. When we checked in at Virgin we were told Jetstar had downgraded us to economy. After much argument with the Jetstar representative at the airport where the only options offered were to fly to Perth or Sydney they magically found two business class seats on that night's flight direct to Brisbane. We had to sit around at the airport for 10 hours. This was the first and last time I will fly Jetstar. My advice to fellow travellers is never fly Jetstar. Their client service is appalling and I got less than no value from being a business class passenger.

Jetstar Airways Customer review :  18 September 2014 by Patricia Kennedy    (Australia)

Booked and confirmed to travel BNE-CNS-NRT 27 August 2014 and NRT-CNS-BNE 09 Septermber 2014. Jetstar cancelled the flight 27 August and without consultation re-booked us to travel 29 August. After requesting what other options were available, a flight on 26 August was offered. Since we had accommodation, sightseeing and a cruise confirmed 29 and 26 August were not acceptable to us. Knowing that Jetstar operated out of the Gold Coast I requested that we be transferred to fly OOL-NRT 29 August. The inflight crew on the outbound flight were mostly foreign and very professional and friendly. Food service was OK. On the return flight the food was inedible. The aircraft operating this service is the new Boeing 787 Dreamliner. The only dream we had was to be able to get out of our seats. Once the seats in front were reclined it was impossible to get out. The recline came back to the level of the armrest preventing one to stand up. The only way to exit the seat is to swing ones legs over the armrest into the aisle. If sitting in the centre of three one has to be dragged out.

Jetstar Airways Customer review :  18 September 2014 by I Fielding    (Australia)

I was flying Jetstar domestically from Adelaide to Brisbane and I only had carry on bags. My bag was only slightly overweight and not only did they make me check my bag in, but they charged me an extra fee of $70, despite the fact that I didn't have $70 at the time.

Jetstar Airways Customer review :  15 September 2014 by K Lin    (Australia)

We booked a holiday deal to the Hayman Islands for travel between 6/9 - 9/9. We arrived at the airport on time to check-in as their mobile check-in services were down. We were advised by a very rude staff claiming the service counter closed ages ago, meaning they decided to close their counter earlier. We showed him we had sufficient time to check-in but he ignore us and denied boarding. We have no choice but to transfer our ticket the next flight on the following day for $50pp, losing one night hotel stay and half day on the island. Both the airport staff and call center service was appalling. No consideration or sympathy whatsoever. Will never fly with them again.

Jetstar Airways Customer review :  15 September 2014 by Bronwyn Hughes    (Australia)

Flew CNS-BNE return over weekend. (6-7 September). I booked Jetstar due the the cheap flights on offer. I purchased a bundle which came with a food voucher and choice of seat and QFF and was happy with the value. Big points on being able to order hot food now (ham and cheese toastie or pieface box). Check in times were satisfactory. Staff were friendly. Nothing exceptional but more then adequate. I would love to see the food menu extended even if I have to pre-order prior to boarding. Seat pitch okay but a bit confining when the seat in front reclined but again budget airline so it is what it is.

Jetstar Airways Customer review :  15 September 2014 by K Chinn    (Australia)

Star

JQ 17, MEL-HKT in brand new 787.Business class, but seats more like QF premium economy. Departure delayed 90 mins due to tech problem with rear door and storms closing airport. Kept well informed by flight deck. Service by cabin crew very good. Food was pretty good and more than enough for 8/9 hours flight.

Jetstar Airways Customer review :  10 September 2014 by Walsh Cathy    (Australia)

Star

Daytime flight to Bali. Straight after lunch they turned all the lights off? When asked for a drink (just one) the flight attendant seemed like it was a chore! But they weren't busy as three of them were chatting in the galley. Business Class was much like 'cattle' Class. No leg room. The man in front of me reclined right back leaving me with no room. When my husband had to go to the bathroom he had to ask the man in front of me to push his seat back up so he could get past ! We know that it is not Jetstar's fault that this man reclined, but in a normal business class seat you would still have room to get past.

Jetstar Airways Customer review :  7 September 2014 by Paul Williss    (Australia)

Singapore to Darwin. Jetstar flies out of Singapore at 11.30pm, so an overnight flight into Darwin. Flight full, managed to score exit row seats for myself and partner for $32 each. Able to use Singapore Qantas Club which was very nice and virtually empty. Having something to eat and drink earlier at hotel then QC Club, no need to eat on plane, used $10 voucher for bottle of water and wine. Uneventful flight, on time, only glitch was check-in at Singapore where one person was on, though others turned up eventually, but don't see why people have to wait because others are disorganised. Still prefer full-service I'm afraid.

Jetstar Airways Customer review :  2 September 2014 by JP Childer    (Australia)

Star

MEL-DPS, DPS-MEL. Good business class fare. Had an equipment swap MEL-DPS to an A330 which was a little disappointing but still comfy for the 6 hour flight. IPAD entertainment is annoying but we were 1A and !B and used the bassinet to mount them on, not much selection in way of movies. Staff really efficient and friendly, food excellent, massive improvement Jetstar. DPS-MEL B787 really nice plane staff and service just as good, 2 hour delay due to late arrival from MEL. Will definitely fly again for the right price and schedule. If they only improved the on time performance.

Jetstar Airways Customer review :  2 September 2014 by A Lawes    (Australia)

We have just travelled to Hawaii on Jetstar and it was a nightmare from the start. At Melbourne airport we waited almost 2 hours at the check-in desk even though we had done "so called online check in". When I told the girl at the desk, she told me I was lucky - some people wait 3 hours. Then we waited almost 2 hours on board to get anything to eat or drink because we had not paid the outrageous fee for meals! Since being in Hawaii I have spoken to several of my compatriots who swear they will never travel Jetstar again. Personally, I am dreading the return trip to Melbourne on Friday morning. So much for Qantas Frequent Flyer card which I have had for 20 years. A very dissatisfied customer.

Jetstar Airways Customer review :  2 September 2014 by Paul Williss    (Australia)

Flew Darwin to Singapore, my first time flying Jetstar. Plane is an Airbus 320, leaves Darwin just after 6am. Check-in was fine, no delays. Able to use Qantas Club before boarding, though QC at Darwin currently being renovated, so food limited, and no coffee. Comfort on plane ok, better than I thought, used $10 voucher to purchase sandwich and bottle of water. Chicken sandwich awful, flight made up half an hour, staff fine. I'm afraid I prefer full service and have everything included plus decent food. Fare was $200 return including QF points and voucher.

Jetstar Airways Customer review :  29 August 2014 by M Ivancic    (Australia)

17/8/2014, JQ960, ADL-CNS and 24/8/2014, JQ963, CNS-ADL. Both flights were very pleasant. The cabin was very clean. Check in staff both friendly and polite in Adelaide and Cairns. Welcomed aboard both flights by friendly crew. Flight attendants were polite, friendly and very helpful. Service was excellent. Seats were comfortable and food very nice. This is the only direct service to Cairns from Adelaide and Jetstar have nailed it. This is a low cost carrier but by far the best in Australia.

Jetstar Airways Customer review :  27 August 2014 by Heather Horseman    (Australia)

We flew Jetstar to Singapore, as Qantas no longer flies from Perth, on 8 August. The flight was due to leave at 00.05am and we were dropped off at the airport at 9.45pm. It was not until we arrived at the desk that we found out the flight had been delayed until 10.55am and all we were offered was a food voucher. We were not notified of any changes via email or SMS event hough the airline had both. Another couple had driven for 3 hours to get to the airport and therefore had to find accommodation overnight. If we wish to use our points to go overseas we have to fly Jetstar. Come on Qantas pick up your game for Perth or you will lose all customers. We are looking at using our points and going to another company.

Jetstar Airways Customer review :  19 August 2014 by Cameron Noel    (Australia)

Star

My wife and I flew starclass / business from Melbourne to Bangkok return.it was much better than we had expected, cannot see what people complain about if they had the same service as we did. You are not paying several thousands return on these flights, so what you receive is very good value for money from Jetstar. We have already booked one way flights from Honolulu to Brisbane after a cruise next year in star class and we are looking forward very much to that flight. Inflight and ground crews were all very good.

Jetstar Airways Customer review :  19 August 2014 by J Rose    (Australia)

MEL-BKK in economy. Booked Jetstar on this route a number of months ago as it was advertised on their website as B787 Dreamliner service. Received an email from Jetstar two weeks before the flight informing about 'schedule change' which should've read 'equipment change' as they substituted A330 Nightmareliner service instead. Typical Jetstar lack of truth in advertising and false information provided at booking. With two weeks notice, this was not maintenance related, but rather it was planned. No refund offered, despite the B787 being the only reason I booked. The flight itself was typical Jetstar. $46 for my checked bag, $20 for an 'up front' seat, $59 for the 'plus' package, etc. Nickeled and dimed to death. Old plane, poor condition, little legroom, completely inadequate IFE with mind numbing looping of inane videos on circa 1990s monitors throughout cabin. On balance overpriced for what it is, which is the core Jetstar problem. On the positive side, the all Thai crew was warm, friendly, efficient and professional.

Jetstar Airways Customer review :  15 August 2014 by E Willett    (Japan)

I flew 4 times in two weeks with this airline. Narita to Cairns, Cairns to Sydney, Sydney to Melbourne, Melbourne to Japan. At Narita Airport, the staff were friendly, I would expect nothing less in Japan. Australia is where the drop in service is found. The first few flights were fine. Staff seemed a bit unfriendly. Melbourne was a whole other story. Ticket counter staff: The staff were chatting with each other and did not notice me standing in the economy line. The girl took my passport without a greeting and continued talking to her co-worker. In a condescending tone said, "You know this flight is 2 hours late, right?" Never an apology for the inconvenience. I was given my ticket with no explanation about where the gates were or how to handle this delay. I decided to wait at the gate and get information there. The 11pm flight, now said 1.30 departure with "Closed" next to it. I had no idea what this meant and other customers seemed confused as well. My ticket said 12.30 boarding in pen so I just waited. At 12.45 a gate staff member came to the gate but made no announcements. At 12.50 we find out they will start boarding at 1,10 once the plane has been deplaned. Boarding: The female gate attendant at least said thank you to each customer, the male said nothing. Just scanned all of the boarding passes like a robot. I was surprised they never checked our passports even though it was an international flight. Flight: The flight had about 100 people. The airplane could probably hold about 340 people. Still all the customers were assigned seats right next to each other. The flight crew announced that "You may notice how empty the flight is. Please wait until we are in the air to choose new seats." Once we were on the plane, the pilot needed to get the weights and the flight crew needed to remember where meal customers were seated so they prohibited seat changing. Very poor customer service by airport staff! Flight: The seats were actually very comfortable. My intention was to sleep through the flight. Unfortunately my ticket said meal on it, unbeknownst to me, so 2 hours into my sleep, the flight attendant jabbed my arm to wake me up and give me the food. Her exact words? "You ordered the meal." As we were landing the flight crew (not the pilot), made an announcement to thank us for flying and finally apologized for the delayed time. All in all - not the best experience. The food was good. The IPAD rental is ridiculously expensive and from what I heard doesn't offer a lot of selection. The flight attendants seems rushed or irritated when they did their jobs. The ticket staff were unfriendly. I'll fly Jetstar for the price, but never for the service.

Jetstar Airways Customer review :  15 August 2014 by P Gerner    (Australia)

Flew JQ946, Melb-Cairns on a weekday service. The check-in at Tullamarine is a bit chaotic and could be made a lot simpler with a couple of decent signs. The flight was on time and the crew cheerful and efficient. The range of movies on the in flight paid-for iPad was very limited and not really worth the money. The luggage arrived quickly after arrival in Cairns. Overall, value for money.

Jetstar Airways Customer review :  12 August 2014 by Richard Olsen    (Australia)

Star

I was supposed to fly out yesterday on JQ37, unfortunately, they cancelled the flight due to "engineering requirements". They didn't let me know in advance, I didn't find out until I was dropping my bag in. I was given the option of trying again in 24 hours, or take a refund and try another airline. Being late in the afternoon, I had no other option but to cancel my trip. I wouldn't fly with Jetstar. I would strongly discourage anyone from flying with them, if punctuality is important to you. It surprises me they are three stars. Frankly for no showing of flights, they should barely be one star.

Jetstar Airways Customer review :  12 August 2014 by M Anthony    (Australia)

This was the first time I have travelled on Jetstar and since Qantas does not fly from Perth to Singapore I thought I would give Jetstar a try. What a great mistake that was! Yes I understand it is a budget airline but there was no service at all when they delayed the flight for more than 12 hours! I got to the airport about three hours in advance when ground staff said one can check in only two hours prior. An hour passed and when I approached them again to find out the flight had been delayed until the following morning at 4.40am and passengers would be able to collect a meal voucher worth SD$8.00 and that was it. We could not check in until 6pm. The least Jetstar can offer is some bottled water and increase the meal voucher which is less than Aus$10. To hang around with luggage for so many hours at terminal 1 is not fun at all and an inconvenience. Almost all the passengers said they will never fly with Jestar which I think is sad just because the management cannot be bothered to show that they actually care about their passengers.

Jetstar Airways Customer review :  12 August 2014 by L Wagner    (Australia)

JQ415, OOL-SYD, Airbus A320. Great end to our holiday with Jetstar. We arrived at the airport early enough to get transferred from JQ417 (departed at 13.30) to JQ415 (departed at 12.20), free of charge. Leather seats were comfortable, however, we didn't get to choose seats free of charge when booking. The staff were pretty friendly, and the food/beverages and entertainment was good.

Jetstar Airways Customer review :  30 July 2014 by Bassett Kevin    (Australia)

JQ 29, MEL-BKK, Business Class. Boarding: There was a business class first call. However despite 2 doors economy marched through the business cabin. It is an economy airline. No great fuss and we were up and away. On the plane: After some tine refreshments were served and cleared. Up in the air: Orders taken for meals and immigration cards out and with no great rush a hot towel arrived. Cruising: Drink served and soon the meal which was pretty good appeared. Cheese and wafers and fruit and a glass of lovely Rutherglen muscadelle were great. Inflight service: Once "service" is over staff become very scarce and those who are about do not overtly seek eye contact. However a walk into the galley is greeted warmly and efficiently for any small request. Inflight crew: The captain and second were good on announcements and I look forward to having them up front again. The cabin crew were efficient and courteous but you felt that was the extent of the service offering. I was sitting next to an off duty staff member and was not greeted with a hello or any form of inquiry as to my flight for the duration of the flight. I suppose that is what separates the great airlines from the good airlines? If you love your product or just go to work is demonstrated by behaviours not platitudes of company jingles. Overall: Great plane and cabin and faultless service, for most part. For the money Royal B and China E and Air Asia are strong competitors but there is a certain Aussy feel good on board especially with the majority Thai staff. In summary: Not a pretender a solid contender but could be be a class leader.

Jetstar Airways Customer review :  18 July 2014 by I Orosz    (Australia)

BKK-MEL, Star Class. 4 hours delay from BKK but staff handled the delay in a professional way. Seat wide and good legroom and recline, food delicious and managed to get some sleep. Overall very satisfied.

Jetstar Airways Customer review :  18 July 2014 by Rod McGuire    (Australia)

Hobart-Sydney on the evening service. Check-in was quick and easy. Was offered exit row seating (at no extra charge) and accepted gladly. This makes a huge difference. Seats are not the most comfortable but what can one realistically expect on a budget airline? Departed slightly early and arrived earlier. Baggage was on the carousel when we got to it. Ground and cabin crew were delightful.

Jetstar Airways Customer review :  18 July 2014 by K Petrone    (Australia)

We flew with Jetstar last week and it was the worst flight I have taken. We were coming home from Phuket, arrived at the airport to be told our flight was canceled! No email, no SMS letting us know. We flew to Singapore (which was scheduled). To be passed from one queue to another, where no one seemed to know what was going on. To cut a long story short, it took us 30 hrs to get home to Melbourne, via Perth (with a further 3hr wait) to eventually be put on a Qantas flight. Do yourself a favour and do not fly internationally with Jetstar.

Jetstar Airways Customer review :  18 July 2014 by Gibson John    (Australia)

Flight from Sydney to Phuket on a "Dreamliner". Typical Jetstar. An hour late leaving after already changing the schedule a few weeks before. Gave the usual lame excuses. I decided on this flight as it was direct. There were cheaper options but this was more convenient. The seats are definitely more comfortable than their older planes. They can't bring themselves to actually give you anything - not even a cup of tea on a 9 hour ride. It's a nickel and dimes show always. I paid quite a bit for their "entertainment" package but this was a rip off. Not much on offer. You would be better off loading up a few sticks and bringing your laptop or iPad. If I could have avoided them I would have but the choices are limited and they are not cheap tickets.

Jetstar Airways Customer review :  16 July 2014 by S Rikalo    (Australia)

I have travelled from Bangkok to Melbourne on 10/07 with the new Boeing 787, JQ30. I have never experienced such poor seat design and configuration in my life, leg room is non-existent, if you drop something on the floor you can not pick it up. Width of the seats is such that you have to keep your hands in your lap at all times. Seats can barely recline. I'm not a big person. They crammed 340 passengers on this plane which normally carries 250 people with other airlines. I will never fly with this company again and I highly recommend to all other travellers to avoid flying with them no matter how the cheap fares are. Such a waste of a "Dreamliner".

Jetstar Airways Customer review :  16 July 2014 by Oscar Nyholm    (Australia)

I flew from Melbourne to Phuket on the new Dreamliner Star Class. The business class on the 787 is the exact seats on the Qantas A380 Premium Economy and the food of Qantas Domestic Business Class but better! The food was fantastic and the entertainment was good. Since I'm a Qantas Club member I got lounge access at both Ports so no Max Bundle needed. I was travelling with my wife and child. The overall price for all 3 of us return was only $3,700! Because we needed baggage we needed to select the max bundle in economy and that added up to $4,100. I couldn't believe that I was flying business class cheaper. Flight was good and the Australian, Singaporean and Thai crew were excellent! One thing was that the boarding was from the front door so all the economy passengers were just looking at us like 'why would you pay that money?'

Jetstar Airways Customer review :  14 July 2014 by Andrew J Howard    (Australia)

Jetstar positions itself as a discount airline in Asia. I would rate this airline as the worst in the world. The service is pathetic. Check-in slow. Every time I have flown the flight has been late. Today the flight is 7 hours late. There is no recognition of Qantas platinum frequent flier status at check-in. No priority baggage. Extra fees for seat selection and charges for bags. If I had been on any other airline I would have received at least some courtesies as a frequent customer. I have been trying to upgrade my Tokyo to Melbourne flight for two months. I booked through Qantas. When trying to upgrade, Jestar says you need Qantas to upgrade the flight. But Qantas says they cannot access Jetstar a system because it's a different airline - so upgrade with jetstar. On the flight the entertainment system is very poor. The food awful. I flew business class from Melbourne to Bangkok. The food was terrible. My seat would not recline properly. In truth - it's like flying a 1980s business class seat. And the planes feel about the same.

Jetstar Airways Customer review :  14 July 2014 by J Watson    (Australia)

Recently flown with Jetstar to a number of destinations and can only offer praise for the ground staff and flight crew. I require special assistance and they made sure I received all the help I needed, were friendly and efficient. The flight experience was a pleasure. The only drawback with Jetstar is the add-ons when you purchase your ticket. Add on baggage. Add on insurance. Add on donation. Add on seating allocation. Add on forward seats. Add on extra leg room. Add on carbon offset. And the worst is the booking fee they slug you with at the end which can be up to or more than $34. Ouch! Overall I would recommend Jetstar on the basis of good service for short haul flights. Just watch out for those extras.

Jetstar Airways Customer review :  13 July 2014 by D Ryan    (Australia)

Sydney-Darwin red eye flight. Paid for exit row seats which were worth it for the extra leg room. Staff were kind and the flight landed on time so no complaints aside from the annoyance that the head rests aren't adjustable.

Jetstar Airways Customer review :  11 July 2014 by D Cummins    (Australia)

Star

Sydney to Honolulu in business class on A330. Check in was quick and efficient although disappointed no priority baggage for business. We didn't take the upsell option with Qantas lounge access as gold Qantas FF so had access in any case. Product is closer to premium economy as is price and evaluation should consider this as noted many otter compare to full service airlines business products. The seat was ok, comfortable but any overnight flight will always be hard. Perhaps better quality pillow and blankets would help. Food was good, soy glazed chicken with noodles and vegetables. Chicken very tender and noodles more tasty than they looked. Vegetables were overlooked. Standout was cherry tomato and basil soup. What I liked was they took food and drink order before take off, so getting drink after seatbelt sign off pretty quick. Crew very friendly, especially cabin manager. Nice wine selection. Price difference between Jetstar and Qantas whose business product on 767 for route closer to domestic mean Jetstar very good option. IFE options poor, bring own iPad.

Jetstar Airways Customer review :  9 July 2014 by Leana Knight    (Australia)

Returned from Hobart, Sunday, 6/7 on the 10.30am flight. Stood in a queue for more than 50 minutes to get bags checked in. This is very poor service Jetstar.

Jetstar Airways Customer review :  7 July 2014 by J Rose    (Australia)

JQ 29, MEL-BKK on B787. First trip on the 'Dreamliner' which might as well be named 'Nightmareliner'. I found nothing particularly unique about the plane other that it is new and in good condition, an uptick from Jetstar's A330 which are generally appalling. I found the seats and aisles to be tight. Quite a bit of bumping as people walked up and down aisles. Seat quality dubious as the guy in back of me kept 'kneeing' me the entire flight - suggestive of a poor quality seat itself. The IFE looks promising, but is actually quite limited and in typical Jetstar manner you pay for it. The 'mood lighting' and large windows were largely irrelevant and made no difference to the flight quality, so much ado about nothing. There is also some serious 'disinformation that Jetstar should retract - they claim there is 'shared seat power' on the aircraft. I didn't see it in my seat and when I asked the FA he said only the exit rows have it. There is a USB connector for PEDs but no shared in seat power. It is another example of Jetstar's notoriously poor, misleading marketing claims. As for the flight, it was on time out of MEL and early into BKK so credit to Jetstar for that. Crew was rude and indifferent, pretty typical for Jetstar. Summary: neutral to negative on balance, and a bit of a yawner. Wouldn't go out of my way to fly either Jetstar or their B787.

Jetstar Airways Customer review :  7 July 2014 by Kylie McNamara    (Australia)

I flew from Sydney to Townsville yesterday with my husband. When we arrived at Sydney Airport we were a bit discouraged to see an extremely long queue at the Jetstar check in counter, but to our surprise the queue moved very quickly and we were in line for less than 15 minutes. We checked in with no dramas and we boarded and flew out exactly on time. Once seated however, I discovered that a mother and two young children aged around 4 and 6 years were seated behind me and the youngest child started to kick the back of my seat, pull the tray up and down and make a fair amount of noise bickering with the other child. I put up with it until after takeoff before getting the attention of a flight attendant. I explained the situation to her quietly so as not to offend anyone and we were moved to a seat at the back of the plane immediately, no questions asked. I can appreciate that it is difficult for children to sit still when flying, but I was not looking forward to having my seat kicked for 2.5 hours and I was grateful that flight staff on Jetstar were able to move us quickly and without fuss. The entire flight went smoothly after that and the flight crew were very friendly and attentive throughout. I believe that we got excellent value for money for our flight and I was more than happy with the service provided.

Jetstar Airways Customer review :  26 June 2014 by J Lim    (Singapore)

Singapore to Ho Chi Minh return, A320. Group check in was fairly quick. Short flight so no IFE and no food was not a problem. Early arrival in HCM meant a wait for an available parking space (not really the airline's fault). Crew really observant during take-off and landing which is good. Very cheap prices and will not hesitate to fly Jetstar again for short flights.

Jetstar Airways Customer review :  19 June 2014 by Castellanos Migdaly    (Germany)

Star

We had to fly to Singapore from Auckland and we needed a direct flight. I am very pleased with the airline, it was an agreeable surprise. I knew it is a budget Airline so I booked the bundles and was prepared for the worst but it turned out to be a pleasant experience and I must say that the personnel on the ground and in the air were most friendly and professional. Sure you don't get free alcohol drinks or free food but this is why they can offer cheap flights! You can always buy your own food and bring it onboard! All in all I can recommend this airline.

Jetstar Airways Customer review :  19 June 2014 by J Greenhorn    (Australia)

Star

Recently traveled Brisbane-Bali on the new Dreamliner in Business Class. Overall was a great experience and would highly recommend. It is the same style seat as domestic business class which was fine for a 6 hr flight. Meals Drinks and Entertainment all included all for a low fare of $1500 for 2 people return so this cannot be compared to a full service airline like many people do. Friendly Staff and modern entertainment. Highly recommend if you can get a great price like we did.

Jetstar Airways Customer review :  17 June 2014 by Bassett Kevin    (Australia)

12 June 2014. JQ 30, BKK-MEL. Business seat, 1 F, Boeing 787-8. First flight on a 787 and booked my normal 1F. At check in advised it was one 1 E. Due to language difficulties I could not understand why and my request for an explanation was polite but I was not able to master the meaning. I was informed it was a window seat so proceeded to the aircraft. I was then advised that I was in the second row. The reason I fly in row one is for the legroom and lack of a seat in my face for 9 hours making laptop use at times impossible. Again the explanation was difficult to understand and upon my insistence I eventually got back into 1F. It appears the IFE was U/S in seat 1F and the crew were trying to assist me. Lived without IFE. Food and service very good from an all Thai crew which is becoming the norm on this leg and JQ 29. Big drawback with the 787 in seat 1F is that the galley access is out of alignment with the seat so approximately one foot of the space in front of the seat is in line with the open galley. This means when the crew make their multiple visits the curtain hits the passengers legs. This could be some what alleviated with a retainer lower down the curtain. So for 787 flights I advise I will be sitting in 1B or 1J which are out of the way of the traffic flow by about 4 inches. The seats were reasonably comfortable with reasonable recline but footrests need improving as the rung like support is intrusive. Plane new and clean as you would expect. PA from flight deck was nearly indecipherable. This is a safety issue that needs attending to. The headset issued now has a 3 pin plug and subjectively the headsets don't seem as noise cancelling as the ones on the A330. A pity my Bose were in checked luggage as the 3 pin plug would not worth the headset with my phone or Ipad so no IFE and no music. Not the end of the world but an opportunity for better communication with customers one would have thought.

Jetstar Airways Customer review :  13 June 2014 by K Piddick    (Australia)

Darwin - Sydney, 9 June. A320. 2 PAX. Given it was a "red-eye" special with 0200 hrs departure, for a low cost carrier, this was a pleasant flight. Airport Counter check-in staff helpful and efficient. A request for exit row seats was granted without fuss or attempts of extortion for more money. Flight departed early, arrived on time. Cabin temperature suitable for relaxed sleeping and managed to get 3 hrs sleep. Crew professional. Tickets were purchased 6 months in advance and for the cost of $109 pp - it really was excellent value for a flight duration of 4.5 hours.

Jetstar Airways Customer review :  6 June 2014 by D Jackson    (New Zealand)

Flight JQ 151, SYD to CHC. 5th June 2014. Travelling as a group of 4, 3 names were on the manifest and 1 was not. Despite showing the loading attendant our confirmation for the passenger she showed absolutely no concern and would not make any further enquires. The result was that we had to fly on leaving our friend to sort things out in Sydney. This he did and it was found to be a Jetstar error. The rudeness and total unhelpfulness of the person in charge of the boarding gate shows just why this airline continues to rank amongst the top of the list of unpopular airlines. Never again Jetstar.

Jetstar Airways Customer review :  30 May 2014 by M Gruschel    (Australia)

Melbourne to Phuket, new dreamliner. As soon as I walked onto the dreamliner I wanted to get off, the seat pitch and size of the seats was so tight. I could find nothing positive about this new aircraft, maybe a little quieter. Ready for take off pushed backed then stopped, captain said it would only be ten minutes turned out to be almost two hours sitting on the plane before take off. Return flight one hour late in taking off. Thank goodness they changed the aircraft from the 787 to the airbus (more room). All up I would not choose to fly the 787 again for any thing more 5 hours due to fact of bad leg room and small seats.

Jetstar Airways Customer review :  27 May 2014 by K Clark    (Australia)

PER-DPS. The last three flights I have taken from PER-DPS I have paid extra for the 9.30a.m. flight. Not once have I flown at that time. They reschedule me to the 7.30am flight which was a cheaper flight. Now I just found out that the flight I booked PER-DPS has also been changed. I paid extra to fly out of DPS at 12.30p.m. and now have been rescheduled to the 10.30p.m. flight, which on booking was much cheaper. I will never book with Jetstar again. Not only to they constantly re- schedule you they do not refund the extra money you have paid. Be aware when you book a certain time you are probably not going to fly at that time.

Jetstar Airways Customer review :  27 May 2014 by J Colbert    (Australia)

Melbourne to Coolangatta flight was to leave Melbourne at 10.10 - at 9.45 advised there would be an hour delay, after an hour we were told flight still delayed and no definite time of departure, waiting on engineer! Finally at 2.00pm we boarded the flight and after 10 mins told "sorry same problem again" and we all had to go back into terminal while they prepared another plane. I was travelling with my elderly mother and those stairs are killers. Our flight finally left Melbourne at 3.00pm arriving Coolangatta at 5.00pm. This ruined our afternoon of prepared travel & our holiday in general. Flew home Tiger with no problems.

Jetstar Airways Customer review :  27 May 2014 by M Pozner    (USA)

What a terrible excuse for an airline. My daughter was in Australia for 4 months in a study abroad program and as we live in Hawaii I made the mistake of booking Jetstar to Honolulu as it was the only nonstop from Sydney. I purchased their max. checked baggage allowance of 40Kg (wouldn't let me buy more) although I thought she might be slightly over since basically every other airline allows two fifty lb bags to be checked, they cap it at two 44 lb bags. She was 4 kg total over at check in and they told her she would need to pay $25 per kg. I told her to start dumping things in front of the check in desk. She was on a half full flight and 4kg was going to matter? They also weigh purses as part of this luggage scam because you are only allowed 10kg carried on. If you are overweight they probably make you run laps until the plane boards.

Jetstar Airways Customer review :  26 May 2014 by E Ellison    (UK)

Flew on a short flight from Sydney to Ballina. We were on one of the older planes with very small leg room. Seats didn't recline and uncomfortable journey. Service was average, nothing to note about. The return flight was much better on the new aircraft. Better comfort and leg room. Service the same.

Jetstar Airways Customer review :  21 May 2014 by D Allison    (Australia)

We flew Jetstar Perth-Singapore-Hong-Kong and back in August / September 2013. All aspects of the check-ins and flights were good and no problems. The cost of the flights to and from HK were exceptional value. I read reports about the lack of on- board services - take your own water/food and in-flight entertainment along and you will have nothing to complain about. We regularly fly Jetstar and have never had a problem.

Jetstar Airways Customer review :  18 May 2014 by S Rose    (Australia)

Ballina-Melbourne on A320. Paid about $100 or so for a one way ticket which I purchased on Qantas website . Baggage allowance was 20kg and there was no detail on the QF website about incremental charges for excess baggage. Travelled with two bags which totaled 35 kg - ie: 15 kg over the allowance and the equivalent of a second bag. Jetstar charged me $300 for the excess luggage which was three times the price of the ticket and about ten times the price of what most global airlines charge for a second bag. Qantas should be reprimanded for selling Jetstar tickets and not informing customers about these usurious charges and Jetstar should be faulted for outright price gouging which doesn't remotely reflect the incremental cost of carrying the bag. Qantas customer service people in Melbourne washed their hands of the problem saying it is a Jetstar issue (even though JQ is owned by QF and the ticket was bought on the QF website). Jetstar employees in Melbourne were unsympathetic, said I should've known, read the policies, etc. One even suggested they should be charging more and didn't think $500-1000 was out of line. This airline is completely out of control and I vow never to reward either company with my business again.

Jetstar Airways Customer review :  18 May 2014 by R Ghosh    (Australia)

I have flown with them 4 times recently for 3 work meetings and 1 weekend trip. On each occasion my flight schedule was changed at the very last minute, usually by 4+ hours. One change even involved me having to swap a direct flight for one with a layover in Bali, with 1 day's notice. This flight was again changed on the evening before the flight. On arrival in Singapore for a connecting flight to Bali, I discovered my luggage had been completely destroyed due to a heavy oil leak (not from within my bag) and having been crushed by other heavy luggage. The call centres could not be more unhelpful if they were staffed by a group of chimpanzees with typewriters.

Jetstar Airways Customer review :  11 May 2014 by Alan Coles    (New Zealand)

My wife and I flew Melbourne to Christchurch on Sunday May 4th, JQ 171 Airbus 320. Left Melbourne on time, arrived 10 minutes early. Plane clean, good attendants, nothing to complain about. Will fly Jetstar again in November, Auckland to Christchurch.

Jetstar Airways Customer review :  9 May 2014 by Farouk Mogheth    (Thailand)

Used Jetstar from Bangkok to Singapore 4x in the last 3 months and everything went like clock work. Online reservations easy and rates better than competition especially last moment purchase, check in a breeze, new clean planes and great crew, comfortable seating with actual leg room. All flights on time and all landed ahead of schedule. Definitely will use them and prefer them to others like AirAsia that is becoming a true cattle mover.

Jetstar Airways Customer review :  9 May 2014 by Patrick McLellan    (Australia)

My wife, 3 children and I flew from Honolulu to Melbourne, just under an 11 hour flight. No mention of needing to pre-book ipads. The inflight magazine even advertised to contact your friendly flight attendant if you would like to hire an ipad. We couldn't find a friendly flight attendant and they had no ipads available for anyone who hadn't pre-booked and paid at the time of ticketing. We even had looked on the website a few days before the flight and pre-ordered the comfort package (which was useless) and there was no mention of pre-booking ipads. Approx. 75% of the plane load did not have ipads and many like us wanted them, so we were not the only passengers enduring the boring flight. Does Jetstar think it is acceptable to provide zero entertainment for an 11 hour flight? We did not pre-book the food package as we were of the opinion that we could buy food on board. Unfortunately most of the available food options were poor and ran out less than half way down the plane in the first serving (we were near the back). No pies, no ham and cheese toasties. The male flight attendant was somewhat rude to a number of passengers and not sympathetic at all, just saying you needed to pre-book. Perhaps they were just as bored and frustrated as the passengers. I would assume Jetstar wants to make as much money as possible and this would include hiring as many ipads as possible and selling as much food as possible to bored and hungry passengers? Apparently not.

Jetstar Airways Customer review :  9 May 2014 by Ord Michael    (Australia)

Flew their Singapore to Cambodia new service back in February. Check-in tried to charge us for excess luggage on the way back after we had paid for 30 kg already. Tried it on the couple in front of us also. Luckily we had our original online bookings done via Qantas docs printed with us. Our friends on the earlier flight during the week were made to re-check their luggage in Singapore but we were not, also another level of inconsistency. Fly Silk is my advice until they have got their act together or fail which may not be far off looking at the way they seem to be going. Sadly we thought it was Emirates but it must have been a shared flight with Qantas. Oh well never again, sorry Qantas.

Jetstar Airways Customer review :  6 May 2014 by C Ter    (Australia)

Flying on A320 Sharklet from SYD to ADL, JQ764. Cabin is a bit aged but clean and crews are friendly. A little delay due to a technical fault on the ancillary generator on the rear but the Captain recovered the lost time during the flight. Seat is more comfortable and spacious compare to Qantas 737-800 which I took on my return flight.

Jetstar Airways Customer review :  6 May 2014 by J Backstreet    (Thailand)

Although I fly 50,000+ miles a year around Asia I'd never flown on Jetstar before (flight was booked by a travel agent without any further info). I flew on 2 May from Perth to Bangkok. The trouble was I took an aspirin 10 minutes after takeoff and asked for a water. I was told it cost $4, cash. All I had was my ATM card. Four dollars: for a bottle of water on a 5 hour flight. Then I noticed I was sitting on a stripped Airbus that could easily pass for a re-purposed 1971 Trailways bus. No video entertainment, zero amenities - 5 hours with nothing to do. I am sure Jetstar would install pay toilets if they could. Flying Jetstar left me with a renewed appreciation for Thai Airways and KAL. I will make it a point to specifically avoid Jetstar in the future at all costs, which has easily been the worst experience I've had flying in decades.

Jetstar Airways Customer review :  30 April 2014 by S Woon    (China)

Jetstar Airways isn't a budget carrier in terms of the price they charge. It cost my group members over $800 each to fly from Singapore to Hangzhou when tickets on full-fledge flights with meals, refreshments and entertainment on other airlines like SIA and Cathay Pacific can cost less. It's 'budget' quality in seats with very narrow leg space so the flight attendants insisted that all hand carry had to be stored in the overhead compartments. Problem is that all the compartments near our seats were full with the crew's and other passengers luggage. There didn't seem to be restrictions on the size and the number of hand-carry passengers could bring on the plane. A crew member offered to squeeze my backpack into a compartment that was far from my seat. As I had my passport and money in it, it refused to have it out of my sight. I had a most uncomfortable trip with the bag in front of me and hardly any room to stretch my legs. Will never take Jetstar again - not when I can get better service at a lower cost on a regular flight.

Jetstar Airways Customer review :  25 April 2014 by F Bugg    (Australia)

Phuket to Melbourne. 787 Dreamliner. Had flown on Qatar's 787 Business Class so had high expectation leading into this flight, and was disappointed. Seat 1F - which was in a row of 3, when I checked in on-line the seats next to me were free, but at check-in they agent advised these seats were now taken. I had asked if I could move to 3G/H but was told these were reserved for crew! I had read online that these were the best seats with more recline, what's the point of having them if they are only for crew - seems pointless! Seat config of 2-3-2. For business class I don't understand the point of a row of 3 seats. Seat comfort was ok, but impossible to sleep in. Staff were friendly and helpful throughout the flight. Dinner was ok - Soup for starter which was tasteless, Main was very tasty which was stir fry steak. Was accompanied with a 'salad' which was a couple of lettuce leaves in a bowl. Wine choice good. Entertainment system ok - had a couple of new release movies and some recent TV shows, but quite limited. Overall it was good value for money but I'd hardly call this Business Class. I don't see why Jetstar wouldn't invest in putting in slightly bigger seats with more recline especially when the majority of their flights on the way back to Australia are red eye and the current seats are impossible to sleep in comfortably.

Jetstar Airways Customer review :  24 April 2014 by R Newbigin    (Australia)

Relocating to New Zealand, so had excess luggage. Had called Jetstar twice before travel to check the cost and on both occasions was told $15 per kg. At check-in was charged $25 per kg, and was told that $25 per kg is the international excess baggage charge regardless of destination. The excess baggage cost more than the actual flight ticket. Check-in staff could not care less that we were given incorrect information over the phone (twice!). Poor customer service and unethical business practices in my opinion.

Jetstar Airways Customer review :  16 April 2014 by M Richard    (New Zealand)

Flight JQ151, SYD to CHC on 12th March - seats 5 A and B. Great check in at SYD polite and friendly staff no queues and all done with smiles and a minimum of fuss. Two bags checked in and no issues with weight or size though one was on the button and the other just under. Flight on time and the seat next to us was free, bonus. The cabin manager was on his game, polite, friendly, welcoming and very smartly turned out. The other crew equally so and the atmosphere on board was one of calm and professionalism. Smooth take off, not a word from the Captain, but prompt service one we levelled off and again swift, friendly and professional. Given the hour of the flight the Cabin Manager was smart enough to realize that most people were wanting to doze and there was minimum noise and disruption from the crew in respect to announcements or endless trips up and down the aisle as sometimes mysteriously happens on night flights. Arrived early into Christchurch and left the aircraft with a heartfelt thanks from the crew and a cheery good night. Great flight from Jetstar - this is our fifth International service and all are up there with the mainline carriers at about a quarter of the price.

Jetstar Airways Customer review :  11 April 2014 by Hilary Craven    (Australia)

Star

When I eventually get into my seat I'll leave another review, but that's not for another 2 hours, just a minor 7.5 hour delay. What is so spectacularly unacceptable was the lack of timely/accurate information, so now we have wasted a day here in Melbourne and lost a precious day of our holiday. We chose Jetstar as it flies direct from Melbourne to Honolulu, rather than Qantas which goes via Sydney, to save 4 hours. Foolish us.

Jetstar Airways Customer review :  9 April 2014 by R Vane    (Australia)

Yes you may save money on the airfare but it is so not worth the saving to suffer through one of their flights in my opinion. If you get a basic ticket no food or drink apart from a small bottle of water is provided and it was freezing cold in the cabin and cost something like $20 to use a blanket for the trip. Never again will I fly Jetstar I have sworn, except if it is to Phuket which at the moment seems to be the only airline that goes there directly from Sydney. You get what you pay for with Jetstar! I flew Sydney to Bangkok return.

Jetstar Airways Customer review :  28 March 2014 by Peter Maloney    (Australia)

Recently travelled from Brisbane to Launceston and over the past 4 months I have made many return trips due to my moving. The flight times are very convenient and all, but one flight, was on time with departure, and sometimes early on arrival. One flight was 25 minutes late due to weather, which is of no consequence. All aircraft's were clean and cabin crew were fine. Several times I had emergency exit seats offered which I accepted and have no complaint with my treatment. I don't usually purchase food as I am sure I can survive for 2.5 hrs. The fares were all cheap, easy to book, and are good value. As always you get what you pay for. I rarely take luggage so the fare structure suits me and I always pay via Direct Debit to save on Credit Card Fees. One of my return trips via Melbourne was actually with Parent Company Qantas and this flight was nowhere near as pleasant as the Jetstar flights. Its just a shame that I see poor behaviour on these flights from fellow passengers over fairly minor problems.

Jetstar Airways Customer review :  27 March 2014 by Sterlson Clinton    (Australia)

MEL-SIN-MEL with Jestar along with some intra asia flights. On the outbound it was on a newer A330 which had the seat back AVOD. Had pre-booked meals and the I have to say it was the best inflight meal I have ever had (spicy Chicken with rice). The seat next to me was empty so comfort was quite good as I got to stretch out a bit. All intra Asia flights were pretty good but nothing more than what was expected i.e. got me to where I was going! Inbound flight did not have the seat back AVOD and have to say that I got a sore neck by the end of the flight as the Ipad has to sit on the tray table which is at an uncomfortable height. Flight attendants on all flights were nice and always willing to help. All in all I will be flying again with Jestar as they get me where I am going and at a good price.

Jetstar Airways Customer review :  27 March 2014 by Easther Paul    (Australia)

Flew Melbourne to Bangkok in Business class. We've flown Business Class with 5 other much more costly carriers in the past. Got to say, we were very impressed with Jetstar. The cabin staff were the friendliest and most attentive! The service faultless. The food was great, I had a black pepper steak with fried rice and steamed greens. The wines, 4 selections, were acceptable and they weren't stingy about top ups. They give you iPad's for the entertainment which with the superb headphones was good listening. The only downside is that the iPad adds to the limited space available on your tray, come meal time. Would definitely fly with them again and the savings made mean Suite upgrades at the destination.

Jetstar Airways Customer review :  26 March 2014 by E Thomas    (Australia)

Star

Denpasar to SYD, 787 Dreamliner. Was sent an email offering paid upgrade to business class so couldn't refuse. Seats comfortable (although didn't fully recline) entertainment good, service excellent. The 787 Dreamliner is so smooth you hardly feel it take off or land. Will not refuse to take an upgrade to business offer again.

Jetstar Airways Customer review :  26 March 2014 by J Carruthers    (Australia)

Our first and definitely last ever flight with Jetstar. I write this as I spend over 12 hours at Changi Airport after Jetstar cancelled a flight from Singapore to Perth, supposedly due to bad weather in Perth. There is no bad weather in Perth today and other airlines are flying there. We and our fellow passengers believe they have given this excuse to avoid responsibility for passenger accommodation. For this reason we simply will not trust them again. We were warned though so the lesson has been learnt.

Jetstar Airways Customer review :  24 March 2014 by B Bamkin    (Australia)

Star

Flew the new 787 from MEL to AKL and selected the J seat, although it was only Y service. Very dirty and grubby plane, esp for such a new aircraft (the carpet was appalling). Had flown Jetstar J before and knew what to expect, but the seat seemed less comfy, but maybe it was my imagination. Service wasn't an issue for us as the flight is only 3 hrs, but I have to say that if was crammed into a Y seat for 9 hrs to Asia I would understand how the convicts must have felt coming out to Australia. All in all had low expectations which were met. Did like the 787 as an aircraft and look fwd to seeing them on QF services one day in the future.

Jetstar Airways Customer review :  18 March 2014 by J Singh    (Australia)

MEL-HNL return. Return trip was via Sydney. Pre-booked catering and entertainment. Had a spare seat next to me both ways which helped. Seat standard for economy. Ipad entertainment was fine. Food was barely fit for human consumption and not worth a cent - take your own on board. Check in at Melbourne long and arduous, and a bad way to start a holiday! Return flight was delayed in both HNL and SYD making for a very long trip.

Jetstar Airways Customer review :  17 March 2014 by V Blaxell    (Australia)

Star

MEL-HNL-MEL purchased an upgrade to the business class product on outbound. Did not expect anything like business class product on other international carriers, so I was not disappointed with the product overall: it is closer to a premium economy product. Food was pretty good, wines were fine, very limited options on the free iPad, but the noise-reducing headphones were great and no complaints about the amenities packet. However, the leg room and recline were quite limited and the leg rest on my seat did not work. Chief FA looked at it and pronounced the cable broken "like lots of these seats", offered no regrets, but pointed to 2 company non-revs in the bulkhead row and asked if I wanted her to go and roust them out, so I could sit there. I felt very much put on the spot and declined. Miserable night. I suppose I should have been more assertive. On the inbound: execrable vegetarian food in economy and the seats also busted: no reading light, no call bell, no expression of regret from cabin staff (and this was an exit row seat for which I had paid extra). A332 on both flights very dirty and shabby. The toilets on both were simply disgusting even at the start of each flight. Many FAs wore dirty or tattered uniforms with buttons missing and frayed hems and cuffs. Of course, the ticket was relatively cheap and Jetstar is now the only non-stop between MEL and HNL, so one has to hold one's nose and endure. Slipshod, rubbish airline even for an LCC.

Jetstar Airways Customer review :  14 March 2014 by H Williams    (Australia)

Perth to Sydney on A321. Bargain fare, flight on time and crew very pleasant and professional. Only problem was lack of catering. I sat near the front but they had already sold out of most options as passengers on previous flight had bought it. Apparently they do not restock at Perth and the company prefers to sell out (and disappoint customers) rather than carry adequate stocks of food that could be left unsold. Eat before you board!

Jetstar Airways Customer review :  3 March 2014 by I Selkirk    (Australia)

Melbourne to Hobart. Flight was 2 hours late and then left us at the luggage carousel for 45 min waiting for luggage to be unloaded, a completely unacceptable performance that caused us to miss the wedding we travelled for and incur additional transport costs. Information flow throughout was poor and inaccurate.

Jetstar Airways Customer review :  3 March 2014 by G Bassett    (Australia)

Last month was my second flight on Jetstar from Melbourne to Bangkok, return. Food and drink both have to be purchased on board or online during booking which is fair enough as it is a cheap airline fare. Leaving Melbourne we were aware of this and took our own sandwiches and bottled water purchased in the Duty Free area at Tullamarine - no problem. On both return journeys - at Bangkok airport - our bags were searched before boarding and all water was confiscated from passengers. Although we could purchase drinks and snacks using a credit card on-board we did not. Surely Jetstar could at least provide free bottled water to dehydrated passengers. Maybe I just expect too much.

Jetstar Airways Customer review :  26 February 2014 by M Satish    (India)

Flew them between Brisbane - Sydney and Sydney - Gold Coast. Clean aircraft, on-time departure. Cabin crew were quite mechanical in their duties. Food items and beverages were available for sale. Their web-site is also quiet user friendly for making reservations. Overall good experience.

Jetstar Airways Customer review :  24 February 2014 by Adrian Pich    (Australia)

Flew Jetstar JQ960 from Adelaide to Cairns on February 3. For a (by Australian standards) lengthy domestic flight, it was well worth the saving to fly Jetstar. Incredibly attentive crew, comfortable seats and iPads available to hire, along with the usual food and drink for purchase.

Jetstar Airways Customer review :  24 February 2014 by I Sampson    (Australia)

Travelled for the first time with Jetstar in January to Launceston. Check in took 50 minutes at Sydney (just as well we were early). When on the plane I had to sit sideways as there was not enough leg room, my teenage sons also had the same problem. The lady in front of me tried to recline her seat during the flight but could not because my knee was jammed up against the back of her seat. I had to ask her to stop trying to recline as it was hurting my knees. I Think Jetstar are greedy as they are understaffed and there are too many rows of seats on the plane for people of average size. Next holiday it will be back to Virgin.

Jetstar Airways Customer review :  21 February 2014 by Seguy Christian    (Japan)

Jetstar is a low-cost carrier but still, they could do a little better in some specific areas to avoid disappointing their customers. For example: I was flying 3K764, KIX-MNL and they offer online check in. But when you get to the airport, the special line for online checked in passengers is closed and you have to queue with the regular passengers. The local Jetstar staff doesn't seem to understand the concept of on-line check in and frequent travelers would agree with me that it's quite annoying. The overall friendliness of the onboard staff is average or below average.

Jetstar Airways Customer review :  21 February 2014 by Andrei Niculae    (Australia)

Perth to Brisbane. Flight cancelled after waiting in the airplane from midnight to 3.30am. Rescheduled for the following day and new delay. Attendants tired and not offering support.

Jetstar Airways Customer review :  14 February 2014 by Kevin Tunnicliffe    (UK)

SYD to MEL and back. The flight was fine, you don't expect too much on such a short flight. No IFE and food and drink prices were reasonable. I had a coffee which was surprisingly good. The bugbear was the check in. Massive queues at Sydney but moving quickly due to the fully manned bag drops. However in Melbourne for the return two "jobsworths" asked where passengers were travelling to and only allowed certain flights to join the queue. Consequently when they did finally condescend to allow us in it was an almighty scramble to get the bag dropped and to the gate before the flight. Really let the airline sown. It wasn't that they were busy, just two women exercising their power! That is reason I downmarked the staff service option because cabin crew were great.

Jetstar Airways Customer review :  14 February 2014 by Greer Stephens    (Australia)

Star

Flew Melbourne to Phuket on new Dreamliner in Business Class on 9/2/2014. This was such a nice surprise to be on this plane. Even the staff seemed happier. Also the food was of a higher standard than I have had on previous flights. After saying all this there are two areas that need me. One is the cleanliness of the seats. Many were stained and the other is that they do need more choice on the entertainment side.

Jetstar Airways Customer review :  12 February 2014 by C Mcgarnicle    (Canada)

We flew from Melbourne to Denpasar and needed to check one bag. I went to ask how much it would cost at the counter and they said to do it online asap. To book it online, the cost is $54, if you didn't see the fine print on the website which only said the cost would be greater at the counter, you would have to pay $165. For one bag! On top of that absolutely everything else cost money as well. I had to ask for water. I would rather pay the extra $100 and fly in comfort with a regular airline.

Jetstar Airways Customer review :  7 February 2014 by J Greenhorn    (Australia)

Flew BNE to TSV. travelling with special needs passenger, boarded first with 3 seats between 2 of us. check in staff were quite rude, we had overweight baggage and I was fine with paying this without complaint. Check in lady wrote ticket and just pointed, when I ask what the pointing meant was quite rude. The inflight staff were fantastic fun, its just the people on the ground who give Jetstar a bad wrap. Flight left on time and arrived early.

Jetstar Airways Customer review :  23 January 2014 by K Piddick    (Australia)

NTL to MEL, 13 Jan. Full aircraft. Counter check-in friendly and accommodating granting 3 of us exit row seats upon request. Aircraft clean, seats comfortable for 1.5 hr flight which departed on time. Very smooth flight. Advance purchase of tickets meant that the flight was good value.

Jetstar Airways Customer review :  22 January 2014 by C Stewart    (Australia)

Melbourne to Singapore. Having read over and over again how bad the budget internationals were I was amazed at the value for money you get when traveling with Jetstar. Sure the food was not 5 star but it was edible, the seats were comfortable, staff friendly and overall for the price I paid ($324 return) how could you expect more. It amazes me that people whinge about budget airlines and compare them to full cost airlines. Overall very happy.

Jetstar Airways Customer review :  20 January 2014 by A Cilia    (Australia)

Flew MEL-MCY return on JQ794, 11th Jan and JQ793, 18th Jan. JQ794 - 11th Jan 2014. Aircraft: A320 VH-VGT. Seat 20F. We had carry on only and we used web check in so we could go straight to the gate no queuing or anything. Flight was on time and aircraft was clean. Seat was adequately comfortable, however the legroom was limited, it would be a bit uncomfortable on a longer flight. Crew were especially good on this flight, very welcoming and helpful. Didn't purchase any food onboard or entertainment onboard - no need to spend the extra $$ on a short flight. Arrived early. JQ793 - 18th Jan 2014. Aircraft A320 VH-VQQ. Seat: 28F. Flight was good, seat pretty comfortable more legroom on this older and differently configured aircraft. Once again didn't purchase any food or entertainment. Crew were helpful. Arrived on time. Overall I was very pleased with the service. We just wanted the cheapest fare, so we don't care about extras like luggage, entertainment, food. There was nothing to complain about - Jetstar excelled in every area and I would definitely fly with them again.

Jetstar Airways Customer review :  17 January 2014 by A Tucker    (Australia)

Hobart - Melbourne - Perth. Hobart to Tullamarine on a fairly new A320. Aircraft was pretty clean and tidy, and me and my wife got our allocated seats. Flight was on time, happy to say. JQ968, Tullamarine to Perth was a different story. Check in manager very rude, even after I produced my ASIC and advised her that I was fully aware of the conditions of being in an exit row. Inexcusable behaviour. Flight was out on time on a new A320, but I cannot understand the cabin crew. A person should not do a job like this if they are not cut out to do it. Sure, the flight was a "red eye", and as a frequent flyer I can accept that this can affect your moods. But the fact that one staff member (Cabin Manager) was putting meals on the floor, another male member of staff (who conveniently wore no name tag) was slamming around and making as much noise as he possibly could. He was on a mission not to let passengers sleep. And then the lot of them standing there and complaining about their jobs - well, you get the picture. Paid a full fare for this flight, and in my view, if this is the way Jetstar operates their business, they do not deserve any of the domestic market. Will never use them again.

Jetstar Airways Customer review :  17 January 2014 by M Potter    (Japan)

Flew Jetstar Tokyo to Sydney via gold coast. Flight was delayed by an hour. I tried to buy drinks on the plane and staff rudely informed me that they don't take cash (AUD or JPY) and only credit cards, which I didn't have. To be fair, the flight was a lot cheaper than any of the other full service airlines but you get what you pay for. Flew back to Tokyo on Air NZ a few weeks later and was amazed at the difference. Chalk and cheese. Seats are uncomfortable and have minimum legroom (even on a large aircraft such as the A330). Cabin crew are rude (and their polyester polo shirt uniforms are awful). Check in staff appear to be overworked. For short haul flights Jetstar are OK, but for anything longer than 4 hours your better off going with a full service airline.

Jetstar Airways Customer review :  16 January 2014 by B Le Quesne    (Australia)

I have traveled with Jetstar from Perth to Bali and return twice in the last 2 years. Both times were on an Airbus A320. Personally I found the seats in economy class quite OK compared to the economy seats on Qantas and Virgin who use Boeing 737's. Being a low cost carrier I made sure I read the fine print and terms and conditions. Once again as is so true in life you get what you pay for. Budget Airline means no frills and the bare basics unless you want to pay extra. As it is only a 3.5 hour flight I was more than happy to forgo the full services offered in exchange for a much cheaper fare. Both times Jetstar have provided a realistic service for the price paid. Aircraft was clean, flight on time and fairly smooth. No real complaints. What I expected was met and I would much rather have the money I saved to spend on my holiday than enjoying all the perks of a full service carrier. Realistically it is only 3.5 hours out of your life! Will happily fly Jetstar again in the future on short haul flights.

Jetstar Airways Customer review :  14 January 2014 by J Catolico    (Philippines)

My flight to Tokyo from MNL, Jan 6 was canceled due to hydraulic problem as mentioned by the captain when we are already onboard the plane. They said we will be delayed for an hour but eventually it was canceled and rescheduled the next day. Jetstar accommodated all pax in a five star hotel with free meals, so for a budget airline it was very good.

Jetstar Airways Customer review :  10 January 2014 by K Le Quang    (New Zealand)

In my trip to Japan, I decided to fly back to Tokyo from Osaka on Jetstar Japan. Staff at the check-in counter were helpful and friendly. The flight however was delayed for about 20-30 minutes but without any announcement. It was generally good for a short-haul flight domestically in Japan.

Jetstar Airways Customer review :  9 January 2014 by D Ryan    (Australia)

Flew Sydney to Hobart for a Christmas break. Flights were cheap to buy and they turned out to both be on time, so no complaints. Legroom is a bit cramped but for a two hour flight it's reasonable.

Jetstar Airways Customer review :  8 January 2014 by C Macleod    (Australia)

Star

Flew JQ944 from Melbourne to Cairns then onto Osaka (JQ15 Business class), then Osaka to Fukuoka the next day. Returned on 6th January, Fukuoka to Osaka (GK550) then Osaka to Cairns (JQ16 Business Class) Cairns to Melbourne (JQ947). The Japanese legs were fine as was the outbound flights to Japan. Though the return flight from Osaka was average. They forgot my sons meal during dinner service (I had to ask them for it), they did apologise, though he ordered chicken and got beef and I said nothing as I figured it was all to much trouble for them. Then the girl going through the cabin offering desert, tea and coffee missed us completely. Once again I had to ask. The fight from Cairns started good with a very helpful girl at the counter. Some of the crew were terrible. Then a rather rude women on the crew ordering people to sit down, marching up and down the plane and the two crew members sitting down the back during the whole trip gossiping in loud voices. As an Australian it was embarrassing. As a regular flyer I've got to say the service is pretty average and it really is hit or miss. Some staff members are very good while some are woeful. But I guess you pay for what you get.

Jetstar Airways Customer review :  7 January 2014 by A Sadler    (Australia)

Flew JQ91, ADL-DRW on 25th Dec 2013 and returned on JQ92, DRW-ADL on 29th Dec 2013. Both flights were on time and seats were fine. Entertainment and food were ok - you have to pay for it, but for the 3.5 hour flight it is worth it. What really impressed me was the cabin staff, especially from DRW to ADL. Our cabin manager was the best I have experienced. Nothing was too much trouble. I have found Jetstar hit and miss in the past. Sydney and Melbourne based crew are generally lifeless and disinterested, however Darwin based crew are excellent.

Jetstar Airways Customer review :  6 January 2014 by Cathy Hayes    (Australia)

Travelled with Jetstar to Phuket because they flew direct. They were not cheaper than other airlines available at the time just the flight times were good. Everything on this flight came with an extra cost. Food, drinks, entertainment and even a blanket for our daughter who was feeling cold came at an additional cost. I think Jetstar have poor service and are a rip off. I will not fly again or recommend this airline to others.