Jetstar Airways Passenger Reviews and Jetstar Airways Customer Trip Reports

Jetstar Airways Customer review :  23 April 2015 by Kirwan Mark    (Australia)

Jetstar are the worst company I have flown with. We are on our honeymoon in Vietnam and I decided to book with Jetstar Pacific because I viewed them as a more reliable alternative to the other economy airlines in the region and also because of the flight times. However, they have been completely disastrous, changing the days and times of all our flights (some on multiple occasions) up to 2 days before the flight. This has meant we have had to completely change plans, cancelling hotel bookings, as well as all the stress that goes with it. I will never fly with them again.

Jetstar Airways Customer review :  21 April 2015 by S Phil    (Australia)

ADL-DPS-MEL. Bought Jetstar tickets through Qantas as it was seemingly the only way to get sensible domestic connection from CBR. Price was nothing special. Bags were bang on 20kg, if not a whisker over, but a blind eye was shown which was a relief. They didn't weigh hand luggage at the gate. ADL-DPS sector was on a domestic A320 which was old, dirty and the magazines in our seats were all torn. The seats were either developed by a bus builder or just stuffed, judging by our numb behinds for the 5-hour flight. Crew fine and I gather ADL based. Disappointingly half the menu was unavailable, as tragic as the choices are - they really aren't trying, it really is lowest common denominator and undrinkable wine. DPS-MEL sector was on new B787 with Australian pilots but all Thai flight attendants. New Denpasar Airport is excellent, very efficient even if the air con is a bit changeable. You can buy duty free (unlike other ports in Asia on flights to Aus?) which is bagged and given to you at the gate. First time on 787 and the big windows and nicer cabin humidity/pressure seemed to make a difference. I got a good sleep, couldn't complain too much about seat or pitch. I would do short haul 787 with Jetstar for the right price I again but keep my underlying disdain for this business model and airline.

Jetstar Airways Customer review :  20 April 2015 by W Field    (Australia)

Recently spent a week in Tasmania and traveled to and from Hobart on Jetstar Australia. I have to put my hand up and admit that my wife and I have only traveled with Jetstar once, some years ago. From the outset (booking your tickets) the experience was horrendous, with each separate step being asked if we wish to purchase an add on. And the number of times where we were reminded that carry on luggage that breached the weight limits (which apparently have recently been reduced) would be severely penalised and baggage placed in the hold. On our flight to Hobart passengers were called to board the aircraft, then spent 20 minutes in a holding pen waiting to board. The flight left 20 minutes late. On our return journey from Hobart we arrived at the recommended 60 minutes before departure time to be told that the plane had been delayed and would be an hour late arriving, which eventuality extended to two hours late arriving and departing. The cabin crew were actually OK. Not overly friendly but courteous and attentive. Overall our latest experience with Jetstar was not one that I don't intend to repeat too soon. I will pay extra for a full service airline.

Jetstar Airways Customer review :  20 April 2015 by Craine Roger    (USA)

Jetstar canceled my flight from Melbourne to Newcastle, Sun 19/04 because "Melbourne Airport required maintenance on the plane". Jetstar could not get us on a flight today, but they say tomorrow, Monday. I'm waiting and hoping for no more nasty surprises.

Jetstar Airways Customer review :  18 April 2015 by G Fox    (New Zealand)

Recently flew to Wellington from Auckland. The first thing I noticed was the metal bar sticking into my back from inside the seat. This made the flight a bit unpleasant during takeoff, turbulence and landing. Cabin crew were very good. They let us view the flight deck after we had stopped at the gate. I'll give jetstar that their prices a very low compared to their only competition Air NZ. Would recommend jetstar for domestic flights but maybe not for International (on A320). If you like a nice seat that you can sit back and relax in, then Jetstar might not be for you.

Jetstar Airways Customer review :  17 April 2015 by Martinez Ben    (Thailand)

11 April 2015, Departed HCM to Da Nang. The bus to the aircraft was full, but plenty of wiggle room. The aircraft departed on-time, everything worked and the crew was friendly and helpful. I was seated in the emergency exit room and it was great, with plenty of leg room. Great price, appeox. $41 USD. Next trip with them is 15 April from Da Nang to Hanoi. Will post results.

Jetstar Airways Customer review :  17 April 2015 by Andrew Smith    (Australia)

I booked a return ticket from Adelaide to Sydney. Flight delayed nine hours. Check in took two hours and the staff were rude and unprofessional (one was even eating lunch while checking people in). Plane was not cleaned before departure - the dirtiest plane I've seen. Then the flight attendant failed to notice that the pax in front of me had his seat reclined before departure, was left there for take off and for landing. No apologies - nothing. Never again. Very disappointing.

Jetstar Airways Customer review :  13 April 2015 by Rork Hilford    (Canada)

I was excited to fly on Jetstar from SYD to HNL, 787, but I didn't expect attitude from the attendants. There was a feeling from them that we are better than you are. A no frills airline should still staff it's planes with attendants that serve with dignity and grace. I felt that almost each time I addressed an employee, the response was that I was being talked down to. I got that feeling and deplaned with disappointment.

Jetstar Airways Customer review :  13 April 2015 by R Tix    (Australia)

I booked a flight from Bali to Melbourne with a stopover at Darwin. The return flight was delayed by 3 hours thus I would miss my connecting flight in Darwin. At the airport they refused to tell me what replacement flight would be available. They gave me a number to call which was invalid. Had to call the Australian customer service and they kept insisting that I somehow get through immigration in 15 minutes to catch the connecting flight and they couldn't give me a replacement or to talk to the staff at the airport (there is no Jetstar staff at Bali airport, just some other company staff that issues the boarding passes). After all the trouble they put me on a flight to Sydney which would connect to Melbourne but I had to spend 9 hours at Bali airport and miss work. If anyone wants to get anywhere on time and without any hassle then definitely avoid Jetstar.

Jetstar Airways Customer review :  13 April 2015 by M Lokan    (Australia)

Early morning flight JQ823, March 4th was our first trip with Jetstar to Sydney. Check in was very quick and easy, we have web checked in so just baggage drop and pick up the boarding passes. We were there nice and early to make sure we were on our flight. Boarding was on time, and it was quick and efficient. Plane was nice and clean, looked quite new. Seating is what I expected, nice leg room and comfortable also. I was a little disappointed when it came to the prices of food. It was like $10 for a pie and drink. Drink at $3.50 was a bit pricey, maybe $2.50 would have been acceptable, but this is what you get for a low cost airline. We arrived in Sydney on time. Boarding off the aircraft was quick and efficient. No complaints on this leg and pick up of luggage as expected.

Jetstar Airways Customer review :  13 April 2015 by Ferrie Bernie    (Australia)

We flew Tulla to Bali and return, the new 787 is a nice aircraft, seats were good. We paid a lot of money for these flights due to school holidays and Easter ($2487 for two adults). To say they give you nothing other than your seat is very true you pay for everything else!! A pillow and blanket is $10!! I purchased meals online prior to trip which cost another $60 and for movies each way another $40. Luggage took over 45 minutes to be unloaded when we returned to Melb. Would not fly with them again unless it was very cheap, just like their service. Can't believe Qantas own this very budget airline. Hate to say this but next time it will be with Garuda who supply a full service.

Jetstar Airways Customer review :  11 April 2015 by Liam Moulton    (Indonesia)

Cheap and nasty sums up this airline. Flew Denpasar to Adelaide and as soon as I joined the check-in lines, I was glad I'd booked my return trip on Virgin Australia. Queues at check-in were horrendous and the Melbourne flight had been cancelled so many of that flight's passengers were shifted onto the Adelaide flight. On board people can't pay cash for food and drink, which seems ridiculous, especially if they aim to save time. I was sat in the middle of the plane and they took over an hour to reach me and by the time they got to me they'd run out. When I asked for a fourth beer, they stopped serving me because I'd "had enough", which is ridiculous given a) I was paying for it, b) even a teetotaler wouldn't get intoxicated on four small cans of beer and c) their service had been lousy. If I go back to Adelaide next year I think I'll pay a premium to go with Singapore Airlines from Surabaya where I live, even if I do have to backtrack and add 2 hours onto my journey because one doesn't get all these annoyances on full-service airlines that you get on these budget carriers.

Jetstar Airways Customer review :  11 April 2015 by M Schmidt    (Australia)

I flew from Sydney to Bali. The seats are uncomfortable, the inflight entertainment screen was too close and of a poor selection, the seating / leg room was uncomfortably small (I am only 62 kgs and 1.67 tall ). On flight back from Bali to Sydney the air con was blowing icy cold air onto my neck and when I requested a blanket I was told that I did not choose the "pamper Pack" at $10, I did not want pampering but just protect myself from this cold blast. Too much take and no give with this airline. The cabin crew were not accommodating at all. I do fly to Bali once or twice a year and this was my first JetStar flight to that destination, never again. They are ok for short flights within Australia but do not have the class for passengers to endure a longer trip.

Jetstar Airways Customer review :  9 April 2015 by G Daly    (Australia)

I flew to Bali from Sydney for $88 on 23 April 2015. The flight left 10 minutes late and arrived 33 minutes early. The plane was the new Boeing Dreamliner and I managed to secure a window seat without paying extra. This new plane had sufficient leg room and seat width for me. I am 178 cm tall and weigh 96 kg. The earphones plug into the back of the headrest in front of you. There is also a USB socket next to the earphones jack. The windows of this plane darken gradually, but there is a button underneath the window to lighten them. For the first time, the Jetstar ground staff did not ask to see a ticket out of Indonesia, even though I was not flying out of Indonesia with Jetstar. I only took a cabin bag which weighed 9.7 kg. The Jetstar ground staff let the bag through, as I had purchased the ticket in October. Nowadays, Jetstar only allows a maximum of 7 kg for cabin luggage. Onboard, I purchased a red wine, cheese and crackers package for $A10. Overall, a very pleasant flight.

Jetstar Airways Customer review :  7 April 2015 by Ollerenshaw Kim    (Australia)

I have just traveled Jetstar return Perth to Cairns, Australia. Even for a sometimes cheap airline the planes are made for cheap travel. The seats are very thin hard plastic, uncomfortable, extremely close together made for short trips within Asia not the long legged Australians. The magazine holder has been shifted to the top of the seat to allow closer seats so expect a knee in the back the whole trip. The service was on a par with the planes, very poor even by Qantas standards, abrupt messy rushed food, stale and poor quality.

Jetstar Airways Customer review :  5 April 2015 by J Hill    (Australia)

Appalling. Unreliable. Outward flight delayed. Plane not clean. Rubbish, lolly wrappers under seat in front. Return flight cancellation announced on almost indecipherable loudspeaker only 10 mins before boarding time, then flashed up on screen at Boarding Gate. Such late notice (none received by SMS) left many stranded and those with already checked in baggage, unable to transfer to another airline in time. We were forced to sit at airport an additional 4 hours to be seated on their next plane. Staff claimed Captain had called in sick. Surely there are procedures in place for crew to be obliged to give more notice so standby crew, if they have such a thing, can be called in. To cap it off, purported staff shortage on arrival at Tullamarine meant a further delay as cabin crew unable to open doors to allow already disgruntled passengers to disembark. No apologies. Not even an offer of a complimentary tea, coffee or water in flight for those affected. Very bad PR. Don't try to speak to Senior Management about your experience or have them contact you - Jetstar claim they have no direct line. First and last time we travel with this airline. Booked through Qantas who code share. Have travelled other Qantas code share internationally on several occasions and never had an issue. Jetstar is low budget, low everything. Never again, never.

Jetstar Airways Customer review :  2 April 2015 by Michael Little    (Australia)

Hobart-Melbourne on an A320. I used Qantas Frequent Flyer points for this flight, and couldn't check in online beforehand either on the Qantas or Jetstar websites. The flight was smooth and the service was efficient. However, the seating was much tighter than on the Virgin E190 I had used a few days earlier. A kid behind me kept kicking the seat. This wasn't Jetstar's fault, but the seat felt very thin and I felt every kick!

Jetstar Airways Customer review :  28 March 2015 by Michelle Ahmed    (Australia)

I have used Jetstar twice in the last year. Once from Melb to Bris, and a few days ago Melb to Hobart. I find the flight staff to be extremely friendly and helpful with all aspects of flying. On the way to Hobart we had a very friendly air hostess and when she learnt it was my youngest boy's first time on a plane she said she may have a surprise for them and she left for a few minutes and upon her return explained we could go into the cockpit and meet the pilots and let the boys have a look around when we touch down. So friendly and the boys loved seeing inside the pilots world. Being a person who fears flying both trips were smooth and hassle free. I'm not a small lady but I found the seats comfy enough. No frills but all you need for short flights.

Jetstar Airways Customer review :  28 March 2015 by P Moir    (New Zealand)

We recently flew Jetstar Auckland to Gold Coast and had not one issue with them. We left on time, check in was quick and easy, the flight staff were efficient and friendly and helpful. The seat was comfortable enough for a short flight and we landed early. To be honest it was one of the better flights I have been on. I was pleasantly surprised after reading other reviews. Will fly with them again.

Jetstar Airways Customer review :  23 March 2015 by M Howard    (Australia)

We flew from Sydney to Cairns return and I have to say, it was as good a flight as we have been on with any other airline. The service at the airports was good, same as you would expect from any other airline. The flight attendants on the plane were extremely helpful and very nice. We paid extra for the exit row seats and had plenty of legroom as my husband is 6 foot tall so was happy to pay considering we were still saving on the cost of other airlines. The seats we had were airplane comfortable, same as any other airline. Yes they didn't have food or entertainment however it's a 3 hour domestic flight so we just took out own food and put some movies on the tablet to watch together. It was a perfectly good flight with great service. No problems with them at all and would definitely fly with them again.

Jetstar Airways Customer review :  20 March 2015 by J Rose    (Australia)

MEL-BKK in economy on B787. Sort of your typical Jetstar experience. Cramped cabin, little leg room, nickel and dimed for everything. Add to this the fact that the in seat power and overhead reading light wasn't working (despite a few reset attempts) and it added up to a fairly unremarkable experience. Jetstar has also changed their check in for international flights at MEL, adding slick new kiosks which generate boarding passes and baggage tags. All well and good however there is no longer a separate queue for online check ins, necessitating a long wait in the single check in queue. Absolutely no value to a customer to check in online now - don't waste your time. Mostly Thai-based crew was pleasant and efficient and the flight was about 30 minutes early into BKK so that made up for the deficiencies I suppose.

Jetstar Airways Customer review :  17 March 2015 by Steven Perrie    (Australia)

Have flown with Jetstar Perth to Bali return 3 times in the last two years and Perth to Vietnam return once. All I can say is congrats to Jetstar, the service on board and at the terminal is first class. With the number of flights out of Perth daily especially to Bali why o why is Jetstar not flying the Boeing 787 out of Perth. Qantas fly internationally out of Perth.

Jetstar Airways Customer review :  17 March 2015 by Lucy Dohnt    (Australia)

We travelled to Adelaide from Darwin in Dec and the seats were so uncomfortable it took two days for the pain to leave, not only was there not sufficient room in the seating but the seats were as hard as rock. All Qantas flights booked out for months so no way of getting to Adelaide. I will never fly with this airline again. Lift your game Jetstar.

Jetstar Airways Customer review :  9 March 2015 by J Marek    (Australia)

Perth to Singapore. Nothing special but this what you expect flying with budget airliners. Returning we were scheduled to fly from Singapore to Jetstar on the 2.20am flight. On arrival, we saw that the flight was listed as 'cancelled'. We proceeded to speak with ground staff who vehemently denied any knowledge of flight cancellation, and to their understanding, the flight was still scheduled for departure as planned. We proceeded to check in and entered the departure gates. 2 hours prior to departure, announced that the boarding gate had been changed. We went to this new arbitrary gate number but there was no boarding or ground staff in the vicinity. We waited patiently for 1.5 hrs, 20 minutes prior to scheduled departure, another passenger arrived to inform us he had confirmation that the flight had been cancelled. We were left to seek out the Jetstar information counter, at which point, the counter, manned by 2 young and inexperienced staff members, was swarmed by hundreds of passengers, both from the cancelled flight, as well as passengers from other flights seeking out their departure tickets. It was 2 hours before we were able to speak with a Jetstar ground staff who informed us 'they would place us on the next available flight - which could possibly be the flight on the following day, or even a few days down the road if a seat could not be secured.' When asked about how passengers could go about making claims or trying to find alternative flights out of Singapore, Jetstar staff could only offer a measly piece of photocopied information sheet explaining that the flight was cancelled and that should passengers choose to find their own alternative flight carrier, that this would mean Jetstar bears no responsibility in fully refunding claims.

Jetstar Airways Customer review :  9 March 2015 by J Curtain    (Australia)

Star

Tokyo - Melbourne, 21 February. A very pleasant flight. The staff were most helpful and friendly. The food was very tasteful and plentiful as well. I was also very impressed by the quality of the wines served. There was one hitch though, the coffee served was cold. The IFE could have had a more extensive selection of movies and music. The seat was nothing like the normal business class flat beds, but was fine for a daytime flight. Overall I was impressed.

Jetstar Airways Customer review :  9 March 2015 by J Curtain    (Australia)

Melbourne - Phuket, 3 February. I was quite impressed by the flight. The staff were friendly and helpful and the 787 was very comfortable. The food was quite good, although the portions were quite small. I also wish the IFE had more choices.

Jetstar Airways Customer review :  9 March 2015 by R Hayward    (Australia)

Star

JQ58, DPS-BNE. Red-eye flight which was delayed by an hour, departing 0035. This was our first flight with Jetstar, in business class but paid for with QFF points (classic award). This apparently meant no entitlement to lounge access at Denpasar, as ticket class was insufficient +/- we hadn't requested lounge access? (Had no idea we were meant to). This was an unhappy start to the flight as we'd been hanging out for a shower after a long day in Bali. Initial impression favourable, staff friendly. Drinks offered and delivered promptly, food order taken. Downhill from there. Partner's meal failed to materialise - seemed like everyone was getting meals in dribs and drabs (low staffing numbers?) so we kept waiting. Gave up when we realised staff had disappeared and cabin was asleep for the night. (Yes, could have followed up but we were dead on our feet and preferred to sleep). The food I received was tasteless - carrot soup with a really rubbish bread roll. Cheesecake ok. No offers of drinks when meal delivered - we'd been asked pre takeoff if we'd want drinks after takeoff and we'd declined - no opportunity to change our mind. Seats were horrible (Dreamliner 787). Hard, pitiful foot rests (worse than no foot rest, frankly), limited recline and difficult to achieve. Sleep was fitful and uncomfortable. Black blankets left black fluff over our clothes. No pillow, only blow up neck rest in comfort packs. Entertainment system (screen in armrest) and headphones ok, but choices limited compared to other airlines. Wouldn't use them again but options limited from DPS to Australia. Compared to Qantas very poor indeed.

Jetstar Airways Customer review :  4 March 2015 by Rye Ivan    (Australia)

Flew Melbourne to Honolulu. Delayed 4 hours before taking off. Missed connections in Honolulu which we then had to pay to get new flights, as did half the rest of the plane. Otherwise flight as you would expect. Met people in Honolulu who had travelled in the last week, delayed 26 hours out of Sydney and 24 hours out of Brisbane (in fact flown to Melbourne day after to get Melbourne Honolulu flight). Seems a few nightmares on this route for Jetsar at the moment.

Jetstar Airways Customer review :  4 March 2015 by Lee Bernardette    (Australia)

My partner and I were scheduled to fly from Singapore to Jetstar on the 2.20am flight. On arrival at Singapore Changi Airport we saw that the flight was listed as 'cancelled'. We proceeded to speak with ground staff who denied any knowledge of flight cancellation. We proceeded to check in and entered the departure gates. 2 hours prior to departure, it was announced that the boarding gate had been changed. We went to this new gate number but there was no sight of any boarding or ground staff. All this while, the flight was listed as 'cancelled' on the information board. Ground staff repeatedly assured us the flight was scheduled for departure as planned. We waited an hour and a half, 20 minutes prior to scheduled departure, another passenger arrived to inform us he has confirmation that the flight had been cancelled. At no point did a Jetstar staff member approach passengers to announce this. We were left to seek out the Jetstar information counter, at which point, the counter, manned by 2 young and inexperienced staff members, were swarmed by hundreds of passengers. It was almost 2 hours before we were able to speak with a staff member who informed us 'they would place us on the next available flight - which could possibly be the flight on the following day, or even a few days down the road if a seat could not be secured.' Shocking and utterly disgraceful.

Jetstar Airways Customer review :  4 March 2015 by J Gribben    (Australia)

Had the worst travel experience with Jetstar. The trip over from Brisbane to Honolulu was ok but upon coming home I received an email at 11.42pm saying that our flight was delayed. After ringing them I was told that it would be leaving two days later at 12.45am. I was put up in the airport hotel and given USD 30.00 for meals. The following night I was given a note under my door saying to get to the airport at 12.00am so assumed again that our flight was delayed again. Yes it was it wasn't leaving until 3.00am! When ringing Jetstar and going onto their website I was told that it was still leaving at 12.45am and again the website said that as well. Many frustrated and angry customers we all proceeded to the airport. No one at Jetstar knew what was going on and after waiting for over an hour a non Jetstar customer service lady proceeded to tell us that it wasn't leaving until 3.00am. Apart from her not one Jetstar representative agent came to talk to anyone on the flight. Where is the customer service?

Jetstar Airways Customer review :  4 March 2015 by Adam Louey    (Australia)

My much anticipated first flight on the Dreamliner turned out to be a bit of a disaster. My wife and I flew from Melbourne to Bangkok in economy. The entertainment system which we had pre booked did not work for either of us, the screen had completely frozen and despite the best efforts of the crew to restart it numerous times it just would not go. Amazingly for such a new plane, we were not the only one on the flight with this problem. The way JetStar have designed their entertainment unit is if it's unresponsive like ours were, not only do you not get video but you cannot turn on the overhead light or call an attendant. It's all integrated in with each other. Due to the Dreamliner windows automatically shading out while mid flight, we had to sit there in the dark with no entertainment or reading. Let me tell you, it was a long 8 hour flight. I only picked JetStar for the Dreamliner experience. Never again.

Jetstar Airways Customer review :  24 February 2015 by B Ferrier    (Australia)

JQ5, BNE-HNL, Business Class, 10 February 2015. Left BNE on time, cabin crew very attentive serving drinks on boarding and throughout flight. Dinner served was excellent for 3-star airline value, 3 courses served separately with quality wines. Continental breakfast served into HNL. Seats comfortable although reclining only. Booked two seats in centre of cabin and enjoyed the extra room of vacant seat. Can't comment on IFE as we didn't use it. Return flight HNL-BNE on 15 February also very good arriving at destination 25 min early. Reading past reviews, there seems to be many bad experiences but we have only experienced excellent flights in BC on previous OOL-NRT flights.

Jetstar Airways Customer review :  24 February 2015 by S Wall    (Australia)

Star

Recently flew the Narita (Tokyo) - Gold coast route Star Class. Checking staff at Narita - very Ordinary! Delayed by 2 hrs departing - Tech issue just prior to take off - had to get towed back to the gate. In all fairness the Captain did the correct thing and didn't take off - he kept us all up updated via the loud speaker. Finally took off 2 hours later. Missed my connecting flight - then had to go on stand by - what a joy that was. The actual trip back to Aust was a very smooth flight - very little noise. Cabin crew were quite good. Food was very good. Far better than I received on my outgoing Qantas Business Class flight. Star Class seating was fine - have to keeping mind its a budget carrier. Would I Fly Star Class Internationally again? Most defiantly - Its far cheaper and you still get the feel that your special. I would sooner pocket the savings I would make on traveling with Jetstar B/C to Qantas B/C. By the way my outgoing flight to Tokyo was on a very old rattly 747- although they have upgraded the Business class to flat beds. The flight crew were all due to be pensioned off - couldn't believe how old they all appeared to be - however they all were very polite and attentive in Business class, I say bring on more new 787s - very good flying experience.

Jetstar Airways Customer review :  24 February 2015 by Alex Roberts    (Australia)

Star

Outbound 12 Feb, JQ029. Home 19 Feb, JQ030. Great Crew and excellent service. Good food and drink selection and they were quite generous with it! However the worst business class seat ever. In my humble opinion the executive who chose this should be strapped to one for 24 hours, I think he or she may need hospitalisation afterwards! To be honest I can not believe that Boeing allowed Jetstar to do this to a Dreamliner. I was nearly crippled when I got off and I am only 5'10".

Jetstar Airways Customer review :  24 February 2015 by L Leo    (Australia)

Star

Sydney to Honolulu (Business Class) on 10 February 2015. The moment I got into my seat, I was taken down "memory lane" of the 1990's. The seat of Jetstar's Business Class was exactly the same seat taken when you're flying Business Class in the 1990's. The only thing that was added were the two in-seat power points. Makes me suspect that Jetstar/Qantas cut corners by re-using the old Business Class seats from old airframes and installed them here. Like the old Business Class seats, the in-flight entertainment (IFE) is a very bulky iPad with equally bulky battery pack. The first meal, dinner, I was given a choice of two dishes. After dinner, I ordered for black coffee, 15 minutes later my ordered arrived as coffee with milk/coffee. I ordered Scotch after dinner and it arrived 20 minutes later as Scotch and soda. For breakfast, I was given two choices: Take it or leave it. This is where Jetstar cuts costs again. Instead of hot meal, you're given a bowl of cereals. The seats were hard and I didn't sleep a wink because it was just plain difficult to lean back. Personally, I wouldn't recommend anyone to bother buying Business Class as it is really not worth it. I have flown Business Class (Cathay Pacific) and Premium Economy (Air New Zealand) and Jetstar's Business Class is BELOW (in standard) compared to Air New Zealand's Premium Economy. Hawaiian Airlines will start offering Premium Economy starting 15 March 2015 and I will be seriously considering this option.

Jetstar Airways Customer review :  24 February 2015 by Ken Anderberg    (Indonesia)

It all went downhill once I checked it in Singapore for a round trip to Bangkok. This airline charges for your first checked bag - for both legs of a round trip. My fare was only $150 but my fare for one suitcase was $100. When I showed my displeasure, I was asked if I wanted to pay the fee. "What choice do I have?" I snapped back. But I was assured the fee of $50 would be for both ways and was told to keep the receipt to show when I checked in for my return flight. They either lied or didn't know their own airline's procedures. Things were no better on the plane, where everything had a price - water, coffee, even the blankets and pillows. In addition, the seat backs are only fabric on the bottom half and the knees of the person behind you can be felt for the whole trip, particularly since there was scant room for your legs. Never again.

Jetstar Airways Customer review :  18 February 2015 by N Howard    (Australia)

I flew JQ4 today from Honolulu to Sydney and the flight crew were fantastic. There was an ill passenger on the plane and the cabin crew did everything to help him. They had medical staff check him before the flight and looked after him through out the flight. The service on the plane was excellent. Jetstar is a low cost carrier and is a lot cheaper than other airlines so yes you pay for extras. I read a lot of people whining about extra costs. Do you not understand that is why the airfare is cheap. If you want the additional benefits at no charge, fly a full service airline. I flown on many airlines and really found Jetstar to be great value. They were on time and the cabin staff were pleasant. Keep up the good work Jetstar!

Jetstar Airways Customer review :  18 February 2015 by D Whalley    (UK)

Flight from Sydney to Launceston and return. Check in at both airports very quick and efficient. Boarding good. Paid for extra legroom and felt this worth the additional payment. Both flights departure and arrival on time.

Jetstar Airways Customer review :  18 February 2015 by G Greenwood    (Australia)

Flew LST-SYD - Check in took no time at all and the staff were very friendly on the ground and in the air. Cabin was very new, well ventilated but most importantly clean. Despite being only an A320 the seats were much bigger than local domestic rival 737-800s and were much more comfortable. Would have been nice to have received complimentary beverage. Baggage claim was very quick and was ready exactly as I arrived at the carousel.

Jetstar Airways Customer review :  6 February 2015 by Thomas Abraham    (Australia)

I travelled with my family from Melbourne to Bali by Jetstar, the flight was scheduled at 10.15am and departed at Melbourne at 1pm. The carrier was 787 Dreamliner but very disappointed with the interior and you have to pay for everything. Then from Bali to Melbourne same Jerstar and the flight scheduled at 14.45 and when we reached airport for check in they said the flight is rescheduled at 20.00 due to engineering requirements. What a terrible service, they are not even bothered to inform about their delays.

Jetstar Airways Customer review :  28 January 2015 by M Kaminski    (Australia)

I commented earlier about my bad experience from MEL-BNE last week well the return flight from BNE-MEL JQ006 was no better. The flight was delayed by well over an hour due to Jetstar not being able to find a passenger. Don't we all scan in for a reason? Firstly we had to be there well before as it was an international stopover flight for our domestic portion so I had to queue at customs. Then they decided to delay 300+ passengers on Australia day Then after already costing me $247 more from the trip up they wouldn't even give us a drink. I was told I had to purchase one and the staff couldn't care less. Never again.

Jetstar Airways Customer review :  28 January 2015 by June McDonough    (Australia)

Booked flight Perth to Singapore, take off time 12.10 am, "ten past midnight." Flight was delayed because of bad weather until 1pm, "one o clock in the afternoon." We had booked this flight so that we could allow for up to 8-9 hours delay, because we know that they are famous for not taking off on time. We had to catch a cruise, so the 13 plus hour delay which we ended up with would make us to late for the ship. We were told by Jetstar staff there would be no refund, and the only thing we could do was to try and get seats on Singapore Airlines, which after lots of running around the airport we were able to locate Singapore Airlines office, and managed to get the last 2 seats at a cost of over $1000. We then proceeded to fly the same route, that Jetstar could not fly because of bad weather. Tiger Airways, also took off on time, Jetstar being the only Airline grounded because of bad weather. If we had allowed ourselves more time, and booked the same flight 24 hours earlier, we would still have had to wait until 13-00 hrs, because the flight the night before had also been "delayed".

Jetstar Airways Customer review :  26 January 2015 by R Fowlie    (Australia)

Flying return from Perth to Melbourne. Our initial flight was due to leave at 10am, only to receive an email the night before at 9pm informing our plane had been cancelled due to "scheduled maintenance", we had to very quickly rebook ourselves onto a plane that left at 12.45am or 1pm the next day. We were lucky to get seats on the 12.45am flight, however the seats at the very back of the plane "designated for cabin crew." Because this is a budget airline, we really didn't expect many thrills, but the back seats allow for little room to recline and the three seats in a row are so compact, it was the most uncomfortable experience I've had on a plane. The seats are like cement, the faux leather is super sticky and the leg room is ridiculously tiny, if you are larger than a size 14 I'm sure you would be terribly claustrophobic. The cabin crew also burnt the coffee which stunk out the entire cabin. Luckily for us, this flight did get us in to Melbourne 8 hours earlier than we had first booked, so a small positive to say the least. On our return journey from Melbourne to Perth - only four days later - we were due to board the plane, having been called over the speaker to get our boarding passes ready, to then be told over the speaker that "we think the plane has been cancelled." We had to quickly run out to the departure check in, grab our checked in bags off the carousel and attempt to be rebooked onto another flight. Thankfully we were changed to a flight (operated by Qantas) to Perth via Adelaide with an extra waiting time of 2 hours in Melbourne airport. Again, things turned out well for us given you get IFE on Qantas flights and food/drinks are included however this experience really does remind us that paying the extra cash for an airline Virgin Australia or Qantas is much more reliable. I'm all for flying cheap airlines but this experience was a joke, how can one airline have so many problems in four days? Not once did we receive a sincere apology from Jetstar flight.

Jetstar Airways Customer review :  19 January 2015 by R Cunningham    (Australia)

How can you take the latest, greatest most modern aircraft flying (787 Dreamliner) and make it so damn uncomfortable? I have just returned from a holiday to Bali and flew Jetstar. I was actually quite excited to be flying the 787 for the first time after all the hype about comfort, air quality, bigger windows and low noise levels. What an enormous disappointment. Jetstar have managed to take such an advanced and modern aircraft, and jam it with cramped seats down in economy, with terrible leg room. I am not even that big 175cm. It looks like they had a team from Tupperware design and install the entire interior of this plane. Plastic everywhere. The food (pre-purchased) was marginal at best and it'll cost you $10 to watch a movie. You go to all that trouble of installing screens in the back of the seat, and it seemed hardly anyone bothered paying. The actual inflight experience (bigger windows, air quality and smooth flight) was OK - and I am looking forward to flying the 787 again, with an airline that actually designed a cabin with a hint of passenger comfort in mind. Thankfully it's only a 6 hour run up to Bali and slightly shorter coming home. Honestly Qantas Group - you should have kept the Dreamliner for the 'nicer' brand - and given you old bangers to 'little brother' Jetstar.

Jetstar Airways Customer review :  19 January 2015 by D Palmieri    (Australia)

JQ35, MEL-DPS on the 787 Dreamliner. Paid for the exit row, well worth the money. A good service and a really nice comfortable aircraft, I'm not sure why it's getting such bad feedback. As my first international Jetstar flight I was satisfied.

Jetstar Airways Customer review :  19 January 2015 by Moikoinen Antti    (Finland)

JQ 27, 12 Jan. Very bad experience. Never again. Travelled with Jetstar to Phuket because they flew direct. They were not cheaper than other airlines available at the time just the flight times were good. Everything on this flight came with an extra cost. Food, drinks, entertainment and even a blanket for our daughter who was feeling cold came at an additional cost. I think Jetstar have poor service and are a rip off. I will not fly again or recommend this airline to others.

Jetstar Airways Customer review :  14 January 2015 by John White    (Japan)

Star

Osaka to Cairns on Jetstar JQ16. I chose business class and left the flight feeling that the customer care, food and cabin comfort was good. The food which was better than previous flights. My return flight JQ23 from MEL to Tokyo NRT - a very disappointing experience in 20 years of business travel. Check-in was the best customer handling that I had experienced with Jetstar. Two hours later at the gate the boarding process was mismanaged and turned into a stampede of economy and business class passengers, jostling for access at the same time. Staff were flustered and lost control. The cabin crew communication, customer handling and courtesy, was very good. I appreciated their efforts and acknowledge that Jetstar standards has improved. The worst Business Class meal - 3 choices chicken and noodle, pea and cheese soup, or Hamburger "raked" sliced pork. The meal arrived - the hamburger was a dry reheated toasted sandwich, with two pickles, and mustard. Not a hamburger. One thin slice of pork between soggy reheated toast and pickles. This was not an optional snack, this was the main course standard for business class. It gets worse, the desert was two shortbread cookies and no tea or coffee. The breakfast was good, with fruit, yoghurt, juice. I requested tea, which was cold. I hadn't realised that Jetstar had included an inflatable neck cushion in the the comfort pack - a thoughtful and beneficial improvement, however when I tried to brush my teeth before landing, the tooth paste was missing and there was no paper cups in the toilet. These basic products are important. I can't brush my teeth, so the comfort pack became ineffective. Jetstar is a budget airline, it is not Singapore Airlines, so fair assessment is needed considering value-for-money. Jetstar has made many improvements with cabin crew and ground staff customer handling skills. As I confirmed in my flight ex-Japan, Jetstar can provide good food that meets business class expectations. However, the toasted sandwich and cookies main course, has me questioning whether my next flight to Australia in August should be with another airline. Jetstar's weak point - it cannot sustain a basic standard, the difference between the two flight experiences was huge. Conversely its cabin staff and check-in staff have shown tangible improvement with courtesy and efficiency.

Jetstar Airways Customer review :  14 January 2015 by Learmonth John    (Australia)

I flew from Darwin to Brisbane and Brisbane to Darwin. I am 6' 4", and just can not fit in the seats. Very uncomfortable and painful for 4 hours. Never again.

Jetstar Airways Customer review :  14 January 2015 by M Forbes    (Australia)

SYD-BNE, JQ824. Boarding at Sydney was utter chaos since for some unknown reason we were using a Tiger Air gate far from the usual Jetstar gates which had very little seating. The Jetstar airport crew had absolutely no idea what was going on and made boarding announcements by shouting at us and ordering passengers around. The previous flight was late arriving and it was a nightmare trying to disembark and then board passengers in such a small space. The flight itself was okay but the amount of legroom was very limited making me uncomfortable. Departed 35 minutes behind schedule and arrived 25 minutes late. As Jetstar is a budget airline I was not expecting high standards, however the quality was disappointing. Next time I would be more than happy to spend a little extra to fly Qantas or Virgin.

Jetstar Airways Customer review :  11 January 2015 by A McKenzie    (Australia)

Poor trip with Jetstar, will be happy if I never travel with them again. Our direct flight was cancelled Sydney to Phuket and we were then sent through Sydney-Melbourne-Phuket meaning an extra few hours before we even left Australia. Once on board our Melbourne Phuket plane, the seats were quite comfortable. Meal times were different, we had paid and pre-ordered meals, but no, they had no record of that even though it was printed on our ticket. This meant we had no meals as only those prepaid and recorded were put on board. We could then purchase a toasted sandwich or pie, most uninteresting and unsatisfying. The staff were less than helpful, daughter had an infant and was not offered a spare cushion or any other help.

Jetstar Airways Customer review :  11 January 2015 by J Curtain    (Australia)

Star

Bali - Melbourne, 29 December. Business. A comfortable flight with very attentive and friendly staff. The seats are quite comfortable, although nothing like Qantas or Singapore Airlines Business class. More like premium economy. The food was very filling and tasty with an excellent choice of drinks. My only complaint is that the IFE included was very limited. Just a very small selection of movies and music. Overall a very pleasant flight and worth the extra cost.

Jetstar Airways Customer review :  11 January 2015 by J Curtain    (Australia)

24 December 2014. Melbourne to Bali. A satisfactory flight. Very friendly, helpful staff. The new 787 was very comfortable. I prepaid the IFE and food. The IFE was very limited. They should extend the range of movies and music. The food was quite good, but also quite limited for a 6 hour flight. The main meal could have been more substantial and some sort of late evening snack should have been included.

Jetstar Airways Customer review :  5 January 2015 by T Jones    (Australia)

How else can you get out of Darwin to Bali? Jetstar cancelled our flight without much reason given "come back tomorrow" - so lost a whole day in Bali with all that went with that, next day, "oh dear!" we're diverting you via Melbourne. So back thousands of miles and then onwards to Bali - more lost time. Compensation offered was laughable. Sincerely given apologies? No way. They don't seem to be able to say sorry. As this was the first step of my journey home to England, it didn't help that they also lost my luggage. They don't seem to have any up to date systems even though I gather they're a part of Qantas, not that they're going to admit that.

Jetstar Airways Customer review :  31 December 2014 by Michael Little    (Australia)

Melbourne to Hobart and return in A320s. Everyone knows that Christmas week is very busy with long queues at the airport, but Jetstar could make it much easier for passengers at Tullamarine by having a dedicated bag drop queue. Then there would be some point to checking in at home. The long queue that I had to join included both people who had already checked in and others who hadn't. After being called out of the queue to catch my plane there was a long wait in the airless dungeon that passes for Jetstar's terminal - then a late gate change which led us back into the Qantas terminal -- and then a long, motionless queue with no information. Finally we were able to board, around 30 minutes late. Once on the plane the journey was fine. The seat was comfortable and the service was friendly. There was a long wait at Hobart for luggage, probably due to the arrival of another Jetstar aircraft minutes before ours. The return journey could not have been more different. Quick, efficient check-in and boarding, a comfortable seat (I was offered an exit row seat at check-in) and arrival in Melbourne 20 minutes early. However, at baggage pick-up we followed the signs to carousel 1 where we waited for a long time before finding out that our luggage was spinning around carousel 4 (with no signs).

Jetstar Airways Customer review :  22 December 2014 by J Morgan    (Australia)

Flew Melbourne-Osaka KIX via Cairns and Tokyo Narita-Melbourne. Flight over was on a 787 which was nice and new. Return flight on an older A330. Seats reasonably comfortable on both flights. Both flights on time. Service is basically non-existent. Crew seem so disorganised. Not sure what they do for the majority of the flight as you do not see them. If Jetstar are much cheaper fly with them, but all in all, even considering they are a low cost carrier, flying with them is a nothing experience.

Jetstar Airways Customer review :  29 December 2014 by S Johnstone    (Australia)

Economy airline with really low special prices. Flew nearly 10 hrs Sydney to Honolulu return. Why don't they turn off the overhead TV screens rather than endlessly show the flight progress? This small detail would greatly improve the chance of sleeping. I didn't pay much so can't expect much I suppose.

Jetstar Airways Customer review :  29 December 2014 by Kwan May Yoke    (Singapore)

First time with Jetstar to Bangkok on 17th December. The flight from Singapore to Bangkok was fine. 15 minutes into the return flight to Singapore we had to return to Bangkok as ice had formed on the wings. We waited for more than 2 hours at the airport without knowing what would happen next. There was no communication between the ground staff and the passengers. We did even get a drink from the ground staff. Only when we approached the staff then we realized we had to stay in Bangkok for another night. Without giving proper instructions, we were lead like blind mice around the airport. We waited again for more than half an hour before we were transported to a hotel near the airport. The ground staff were not be able to handle the situation well which left us feeling lost and frustrated. This will be my first and last flight with Jetstar.

Jetstar Airways Customer review :  29 December 2014 by Aaron Eisenberg    (Australia)

JQ25/JQ26 Cairns to Tokyo and back on a Boeing 787-800 first row - business class which in terms of the seat and service is equivalent to international premium class or Qantas domestic business class. Very good service. Good food and drinks as much as you want. First time on a 787 decided to treat myself. IFE with limited selection. Good earphones. Comfortable seat, although it is a recliner one and not lie flat. Plenty of legroom in row 1. Just to bypass the largest queue I ever saw, at Narita airport, and go straight to the check in counter worth the upgrade. Only thing missing is priority bag service to receive it first upon arrival.

Jetstar Airways Customer review :  22 December 2014 by Phil Crawley    (Australia)

I have flown Jetstar a number of times over the last few months, most recently to Cairns and return.. Their planes are new and clean and I find the staff overall very good. All flights I have been on have been on time. They have now become my domestic airline of choice.

Jetstar Airways Customer review :  18 December 2014 by H Singh    (Australia)

Flew MEL-DPS on 14 Nov on the 787, neat new aircraft - food was disappointing - not worth the $15 AUD. You are better off having a nice feed at the airport before take off. Drinks etc as expected overpriced, not many options once you're in the air. Staff were doing the bare minimum to make things better. Just because its a low cost carrier it should not equate to a Low Level of Service. Certainly will be considering other options before booking Jetstar again.

Jetstar Airways Customer review :  4 December 2014 by Grgic Martin    (Australia)

Business class JQ47 from BNE to Bali. We had to walk from the airport building along the runway to the plane on the scorching sun. Flight was delayed more than hour due to wrong meals being loaded. Business class seats are total disaster, more like premium economy. Touch screen is worse than any screen in economy class on any other airline. It was freezing cold during the flight. On my way back from Bali to BNE I spent few hours in the Premier Lounge which was hardly better than average pub in BNE. Walking back again from the plane to the building in BNE. Never again Jetstar.

Jetstar Airways Customer review :  1 December 2014 by G Melik    (Australia)

This airline should only be used in desperation as you last option. The ground staff, which should be friendly and helpful treated me disrespectfully as if was my fault. I arrived at Sydney airport 40min before my 5.25pm scheduled departure for Melbourne and for several minutes was unsuccessfully trying to get my boarding pass using my Qantas Frequent Flyer Card at one of the automatic machines. When I was unable to get my boarding pass I approached the help desk. At the time I managed to speak with an assistant it was exactly 30 min before my scheduled Melbourne bound service. The service clerk informed me that I am now late for my flight and all other flights to Melbourne are fully booked and I can only fly the next morning. Being very unhappy with such treatment I informed the clerk that I will not be using Jetstar airline in future and then arranged my flight with Qantas for 6.30pm.

Jetstar Airways Customer review :  25 November 2014 by H Wayne    (Australia)

Flew MEL-LST. Arrived early at airport only to be told we weren't able to use the bag drop. Check-In staff were rather rude. Plane was old and dirty. Flight landed 5 mins late. Cabin Crew were quite good. Overall, you are better off flying Virgin.

Jetstar Airways Customer review :  25 November 2014 by Smith Jim    (UK)

Flew between Sydney and Uluru. The flights themselves were what you would expect from a budget airline. The check-in process, however was a total shambles. At Sydney Airport there was just one long line for all their departures. Using the automated check-in machines was a waste of time - when we eventually reached the check-in desk, the baggage tags we'd carefully put on were unceremoniously ripped off. We were still in the middle of the long line, having arrived two hours before our scheduled departure time, when we heard someone shouting our flight number. With great difficulty we managed to extricate ourselves and baggage from 'the maze'. Eventually we found the check-in desk where our flight number was being shouted. The check-in clerks were complaining to each other that they weren't being sent the right passengers. The return flight from Uluru wasn't much better, despite being the only departure that afternoon. At the check-in, they waited until all the passengers arrived, before they, very slowly, began the process. Very galling to watch them sitting behind the check-in desks doing nothing while we all stood in line. Even when they did condescend to start work, they seemed to believe that chatting between themselves was a higher priority than dealing with their customers. Value for money? I would want to be paid to experience that again.

Jetstar Airways Customer review :  20 November 2014 by Saketh Rahm    (USA)

Flew MEL-SYD on their 787 aircraft. At check was directed to international terminal as aircraft was going on to Bali. This added significant amount time as we had clear immigration and customs for a domestic flight. I had to pay $50 to check my bag even though I had an onward international ticket to the US- this was not told to me when I bought it. On board we sat at the gate for 1 hour while the crew waited for last minute "paperwork" so arrival was delayed by 1 hour. Did not even offer water for free so all in all the price was the same as Qantas.

Jetstar Airways Customer review :  11 November 2014 by Judith Shaw    (Australia)

I booked with Qantas frequent flyer points on the Qantas site and received all Qantas conditions etc. I went to the Qantas counter in Brisbane and was told I was to go down to Jetstar, because it was a JQ number, I was flying Jetstar? I had just driven to Brisbane as Qantas do not go to the Sunshine Coast. When I arrived at Jetstar, there was just one girl attending to the baggage drop. I was eventually given my boarding pass and allocated seat 17. The Jetstar representative checking the cabin luggage was very officious. I lined up and the representative said to weigh my handbag, computer and fascinator for the Cup, the fascinator weighed nothing, the total weight was well under 10kgs. The fascinator was damaged during this process. I asked if I could just carry the fascinator on board then she said you can only have 2 bags. I said the hat weighs nothing though. She said well put the hat on your head! I then boarded the plane and by the time the food arrived the air hostess said there was nothing left and I had to go without a decent lunch. Prior to boarding the plane there were four people near me who swore they would not fly with Jetstar again. I was very disappointed overall and definitely believe you have issues that need to be addressed.

Jetstar Airways Customer review :  6 November 2014 by Leathbridge Philip    (Australia)

Star

First flights with Jetstar. JQ29 MEL-BKK and JQ30 BKK-MEL. Both flights comfortable and enjoyable by current discount airline standards. The only negative a 50 minute delay boarding (MEL) but the flight then arrived at destination early so it mattered little. Seat comfort good, food good, service good and attentive and IFE good. Business class with a discount airline is of course really the equivalent of premium economy with a full service airline. I can't speak for those travelling economy, but can't see the justification in complaints about lack of extras when the customer chose the most inexpensive options not to pay for them. You get what you pay for.

Jetstar Airways Customer review :  3 November 2014 by T Burleigh    (Australia)

Star

Business Class from Denpasar to Sydney was a total waste of money. My husband had a fixed metal box between his feet, Seat 2G, and had to sit at an angle to stretch his legs. The footrest was of no value whatsoever. The so called 'touch' screen required a hard tap to operate and I felt every selection the passenger behind me made. He also had long legs and therefore I couldn't recline my seat as far as I wanted. The flight departed at 10.30pm and was scheduled to take just over 5 hrs. The first hour of the flight was taken up with Business Class passengers eating their 'free' meal. The small window of opportunity to sleep was reduced. The toilet was Out of Order from the start of the flight. We fly Economy Jetstar regularly and have low expectations, high satisfaction. But to pay extra for this Business Class flight, our expectations were higher and not met. So disappointing.

Jetstar Airways Customer review :  31 October 2014 by P Snell    (Australia)

Missed my BNE-CNS flight due to 2hrs holdup in Customs. Must say since I was coming off a SQ flight I didn't expect much help from Jetstar when I arrived 8 minutes after the gate closed but the staff radioed through and did their best to get me on. After it was clear that wasn't going to happen they cheerfully rebooked me for the morning flight and even gave me a front seat which was really nice. As for the flight, it was fine, staff are great, but Jetstar seats always give me a back ache but maybe that's just me.

Jetstar Airways Customer review :  28 October 2014 by B Dixon    (Australia)

We flew return from Melbourne to Tokyo on Jetstar. The flights were non stop so only 10 hours. Each flight left, and arrived, on time. The staff were efficient and friendly. We pre ordered vegetarian meals and they were excellent, in fact some of the best airline food we have had. There is no inflight entertainment, as advertised, so we took our own iPads, loaded with books and movies. We only had carry on luggage and although it complied with weight restrictions no one checked the size and weight. The seat pockets needed a good clean out, as I found on both trips, but the cabin and bathrooms were kept clean throughout the trip. The distance to the seat in front was a little squishy when the couple in front threw their seats back for the the return trip. This would be a problem if you are large. But I've had the problem on higher priced full serviced flights so it comes down to the courtesy of your fellow travellers. To date we have taken about 10 Jetstar flights and never a problem. You get what you pay for, which initially is just a seat. All in all I will continue to fly Jetstar when the cost and flight duration remain so competitive.

Jetstar Airways Customer review :  28 October 2014 by Killiby Bernard    (Australia)

Travelled from Gold Coast - Cairns on Sat 18/10/2014 with walk on bags, no charge. Returned on Wed 22/10/2014 with walk on bags as same as gold Coast - extra charge $50.

Jetstar Airways Customer review :  28 October 2014 by G Mottram    (Australia)

Melbourne to Honolulu - we chose to fly Jetstar as it is the only airline that flies to Honolulu direct from Melbourne. It markets itself as a low cost, no frills airline. It was certainly no frills but definitely not low cost. We flew the week before September school holidays and the airfares were very expensive. Overall I would describe the experience as mediocre. We were in economy and walking through business class I would not pay the extra for what looked like a sub par business class offering. The seats were okay but what you would expect on a domestic flight not a long haul international flight. It was a night flight so people were wanting to try and sleep. In the row behind us were four off duty Qantas flight attendants who proceeded to drink to excess, talk extremely loudly and swear constantly disturbing other passengers for at least four hours. The flight attendants on our flight took about 5 hours to finally tell them to quieten down. I was astounded that they thought it was okay to disturb other passengers for hours on end. Appalling behaviour that should have been pulled up sooner. Inflight entertainment is non existent on back of seats which is ridiculous. You can rent Ipads for $18 which were woeful. The limited range of movies seemed to be geared towards the male audience. Even the lifestyle section was a selection of cars and music shows. They really need to take a good look at this very limited and poor offering. We heard many fellow passengers complaining about the Ipad content also. Food was either pre booked and very expensive meals or snacks you could buy on board. Take your own food on board would be my advice. It would have been good to see more gluten free offerings rather than a cookie. Service was basic, not particularly friendly and mostly absent. Overall a below average experience.

Jetstar Airways Customer review :  28 October 2014 by G Jones    (Australia)

Flew on JQ527 from Sydney to Melbourne on 17/9. As a normal Qantas traveller, and having not travelled on Jetstar for 8 years I was pleasantly surprised of how good the service was. The flight itself, was full and boarded late. Everyone had two pieces of hand baggage and the crew were very helpful in finding places to stow it. The efficiency and the professionalism of the crew was top standard, and we actually pushed back on time despite the late boarding and the full flight! The aircraft was an A320, which has more legroom than the Qantas un-refurbished 737! After this experience, I am certainly more happy to fly Jetstar if there isn't a convenient option on Qantas. My only problem was that there was no inflight entertainment whatsoever, although I suppose that's the case with most budget airlines.

Jetstar Airways Customer review :  23 October 2014 by D Moore    (Australia)

My family of three traveled from Manila to Sydney. We were delayed 2 days in Manila, and were not informed when our flight will be until the last minute. They put us up in a very nice hotel in Manila while we were waiting. The morning of the flight they decided to take everyone to the airport at least 3 hours before the flight. I guess they were going for the Guinness book of records for the longest queue ever. Because they didn't start checking people in until all the bus loads had arrived. Little did I know this was a sign of what was to come. We had to change at Darwin to a connecting domestic flight, where we arrived about 1pm. As our connecting flight was not there yet they put us up in a hotel in Darwin. We had to wait in a queue in Darwin 3 hours for our new tickets. That plus the 2.5 hours we had to wait in Manila, plus an hour at the hotel. All this waiting in queues with a 12 month old infant. The flight from Darwin to Sydney left about 2am. A family we made friends with while waiting in the queue suffered worse than us. They were put off the plane at Darwin because their baby had eczema around it's mouth. Wasn't the whole family, just the father and 3 kids. Mother was waiting for them in Sydney. The pilot said the family was removed because the child had an obvious illness. I witnessed the whole event and the pilot never left the cockpit. Anyone that has had a child with eczema would have known what it was. so anyway the family was taken off the plane and left on the bridge. One of the flight attendants coldly carried the sleeping girl and dumped her on the bridge. A memorably bad experience. If you have a family, don't fly Jetstar. They also promised to give us $200 worth of coupons each for future flights, which turned out to be $50 when we tried to get them.

Jetstar Airways Customer review :  23 October 2014 by K Baldry    (Australia)

HNL-SYD and HBA-SYD return. First of all, our flight from Hobart was delayed by nearly 2 hours. When we arrived in Sydney were told that no luggage had been loaded. It was very windy in Hobart so I get why this happened, but we were off to Hawaii. Had we been given notice before checking in the luggage that this was a possibility, we could have got our swimmers out and left the big bag in Hobart. Anyway, Jetstar managed to give us about 3 different stories about when our luggage would arrive in Hawaii and each was completely contradictory. I spent perhaps 3 hours in the first couple of days trying to chase down what was going on. On the HNL SYD flight, the attendants all seemed to be lovely, but were absolutely hopeless. They were disorganised, we didn't get a veg meal that we had ordered. The cabin was an absolute pigsty too - there was an overwhelming smell of urine, there were coffee drips on my tray table, milk spilt over the seat, a carton of milk shoved down the side of the seat, previous passengers' rubbish in the seatback compartment. I took my daughter to the toilet about 10 minutes after the seatbelt sign had been switched off and there was urine on the floor. We got back to SYD late and we missed our connecting flight. I had tried twice before leaving HNL to check in online, it wouldn't let me. Tried again before going through customs, wouldn't let me. I then called once we had got though customs, talked to someone who told me she should be able to get it done. I asked her if she could let me know the quickest way to get to domestic and she said she could, then put me on hold. Very long story short, I ended up on the phone to her for 38 minutes, got to check in 29 minutes before takeoff and was not allowed on the plane. I have travelled with Jetstar many times and at this stage the bad experiences outnumber the good about 3-1. Last time, on a flight from HBA to MLB, I organised (booked and paid for) transport via Jetstar and ended up at the airport with the company having no record of it and refusing to pick me up. The thing that I think frustrates me the most is that through all this, it has been me who has had to chase everything up. Had we had decent communication and correct answers, it would have been manageable.

Jetstar Airways Customer review :  23 October 2014 by Karl Parkes    (Australia)

Another horrible experience. Last year, I experienced a 4 hour delay in Melbourne on my return trip to Sydney which they blamed initially on mechanical trouble and a further plethora of excuses, which I just tolerated at the time. Yesterday, October 13th 2014, I copped another dose of Jetstars incompetence and attitude to its passengers. Supposed flying JQ413 at3pm to Sydney - arrived at 2pm. At 2.30pm an announcement made that the flight was cancelled (with no explanation) and that we were to be bussed 100km to Brisbane to join JQ817 to Sydney which didn't depart until 6.30pm. So instead of being home in Sydney at 5.30 pm, we got there at 9.20 pm, 4 hours late. Totally unacceptable. They don't provide proper service to their customers and as far as Im concerned, I will never fly Jetstar again.

Jetstar Airways Customer review :  23 October 2014 by David Mireylees    (Australia)

JQ3, SYD-HNL. First time travel on JQ international to Honolulu ,not expecting much but very impressed. Purchased tickets months out so had the opportunity to get business class at a good price. Wide leather seats, drink before departure and order off the menu adds the nice touch. Plenty of drinks and snacks after dinner and service very attentive. Stewardess very friendly and gave some tips on Hawaii as this first time there. Very impressed with the service and general experience overall. IFE limited but ok. If you can afford business class, do it.

Jetstar Airways Customer review :  23 October 2014 by Anders Pedersen    (Denmark)

Domestic Vietnam HAN-SGN-HAN on 10 and 12 October 2014. Airbus 320 both ways. Delays, but I was informed early (SMS and email) and eventually in both cases - offered even better departure times as compared to what I was booked for. Staff nicely dressed in fresh youth style with black T-shirts (with discrete logo) and trousers. They were fast, alert, smiling, and very friendly despite the flight was full to the very last seat. This is a LCC without free onboard service - but prices are low, e.g. a hot meal (4 options) is 3 dollars inc. soft drink. The gift shop onboard offers e.g. colourful ladybags with airline logos for 4 USD. Jetstar depends on bus transfers in both airports as LCC carriers obviously do not get access the direct boarding/disembarkation gates.

Jetstar Airways Customer review :  21 October 2014 by W Raven    (Japan)

First and last time I will ever use Jetstar. You get what you pay for with this airline. Flew round trip from Tokyo to Fukuoka. The departure was fine, nothing too major besides the language barrier. The return trip-was hell. I arrived at the airport and checked into the terminal at 1pm for a 2:30 flight. At 2 pm the notification was released that this flight and only this flight was to be postponed for 3 hours due to weather that was scheduled to arrive later that night. Why would you delay a flight so that it departs when weather turns bad vs while it's nice and sunny? I went to the ticket counter to enquire about being moved to the next available flight out, and of course the next flights to my destination are on time and full. Great. So now my 2.30 departure is now a 5pm departure while all other airlines are on schedule. he attendant says I am more than welcome to book an earlier fight with a different carrier and will be refunded part of my trip - I was 'credited' 92USD, not even close to half of the cost of the total trip, but it was a refund. I proceed to a different carrier and walk away at the $430 one way option and sadly go back the original carrier after the prices were higher at each different carrier. I purchased the only flight to my destination, for $115 - the only open and next available flight. I paid for the same seat twice. I have a seat, on a plane that once again is delayed. The departure is pushed to 8pm. While 2 flights to my destination from the same carrier leaving the same terminal are not delayed.

Jetstar Airways Customer review :  16 October 2014 by Anders Pedersen    (Denmark)

Domestic Vietnam HAN-SGN-HAN on 10 and 12 October 2014. Airbus 320 both ways. Delays, but I was informed early (SMS and email) and eventually in both cases - offered even better departure times as compared to what I was booked for. Staff nicely dressed in fresh youth style with black T-shirts (with discrete logo) and trousers. They were fast, alert, smiling, and very friendly despite the flight was full to the very last seat. This is a LCC without free onboard service - but prices are low, e.g. a hot meal (4 options) is 3 dollars inc. soft drink. The giftshop onboard offers e.g. colourful ladybags with airline logos for 4 USD. Jetstar depends on bus transfers in both airports as LCC carriers obviously do not get access the direct boarding/disembarkation gates.

Jetstar Airways Customer review :  14 October 2014 by Parnell Ron    (New Zealand)

CHC-SYD-MAROOCHYDORE return, in late May / June 2014. Jetstar were almost obsessive about punctuality and to their credit these 4 flights were either right on time or earlier. The aircraft were all clean, staff appeared friendly and helpful. Most enjoyable flights that met my expectations. Only thing is the seats are nearly always so hard that my backside becomes numb. Thousands of pax sitting for hrs on these seats soon destroys much of their cushioning. I never buy onboard. Bring my own food and bottled water. Here in New Zealand we regularly travel CHC- AKL-CHC and only use Jetstar. Punctual, good fares, and we are always satisfied in every way. They are a popular well used airline in NZ and vital competition for Air NZ. Overall, satisfied with Jetstar as an airline.

Jetstar Airways Customer review :  13 October 2014 by G Cook    (Australia)

Our family of four flew with Jetstar not by choice but because I booked a discounted fare through Qantas and the only option was to fly one leg Adelaide to Sydney with Jetstar. As we had a 2.5 hour window before making the cut off check in time for our international flight I thought it was worth the risk. I say this because we travel a lot and there have been a number of times when we have been in an airport and heard the delay messages regarding Jetstar, and thought 'Lucky we are not with them'. When we checked in we were told the flight was delayed but 'only by an hour'. No panic as there was still plenty of time. At 4.05 when the delayed flight was meant to be departing it still had not landed in Adelaide. When we did finally depart at 5.25pm we had resigned ourselves to missing our international flight. This review is fair so I must mention the check in staff who arranged for our luggage to be in the first container off the plane in Sydney and the cabin staff who got us to the front so we could run the moment the doors opened at the airbridge when we docked. If it weren't for them we would not have made our next flight. A $20 tip to a taxi driver and a sprint meant we made the check in desk of the international airline just as they were closing the flight. My main comment is concerning the lies fed to us by the ground crew in Adelaide. I can not understand how they can say a flight is delayed 'one hour' when it could not have possibly even been in the air!! It's not the Adelaide staff - its the people in operations. By not telling passengers the truth (seems to be a common complaint) they are effectively denying them any chance of booking a flight with a rival airline so that connections can be made. If it weren't for the poor staff in the firing line on the ground and on the plane I would have been a lot less complimentary. Next time we pay more and fly with anyone but Jetstar.

Jetstar Airways Customer review :  13 October 2014 by James Woolridge    (Australia)

Star

Flight from Narita to Cairns was delayed due to mechanical problems - fair enough. Then we could not take off due to Narita being closed after 11pm - again, fair enough. Captain very apologetic. That was nice. All passengers had to disembark, retrace their steps through immigration and pick up their luggage - again, fair enough I suppose. But then the whole planeload of passengers was left milling around trying to find out what was going to happen from a couple of harassed young Japanese Jetstar employees with limited English who were doing their level best in the face of increasingly bewildered and irritated passengers. After an hour or so news filtered through that there would be another flight late the following day. Eventually someone must have found the key to the room where the public address microphone is, but no accommodation arranged or suggested and a couple of hundred people with all their bags simply left to their own devices in a deserted terminal in the middle of the night. Delays happen, of course they do, but you need a contingency plan for occasions such as these - and invest in a bullhorn for heavens sake so that you can keep people informed. When we eventually did get off the ground the service was fine and the food good.

Jetstar Airways Customer review :  13 October 2014 by L Lammert    (Australia)

Flew from Sydney-Melbourne-Bangkok and back. The staff were unhelpful and unfriendly. There was no consideration to the urgency to make adjoining flights. Landing back in Melbourne it took them 40 minutes to get our bags onto the turnstile because the 'machine was broken' so thus missed adjoining domestic connection. On top of that- Melbourne custom officers were slow and condescending.

Jetstar Airways Customer review :  9 October 2014 by Noah Hallani    (Australia)

My family and I caught a flight from SYD-MEL and I was very disappointed. The cabin crew were extremely unhelpful. There was no inflight entertainment whatsoever (not even the radios you could use on your arm rest like on other domestic airlines such as Virgin and Qantas). When we arrived in Melbourne Jetstar had lost my luggage. They contacted us in saying it should show up in 3 to 4 days and we were only in Melbourne for 4 days! It seemed like they didn't care at all! I would never travel with Jetstar again.

Jetstar Airways Customer review :  9 October 2014 by Rebecca Mason    (Australia)

We love Jetstar. Flew MEL-SIN on Friday 19th September. Flight was delayed by about 15 minutes but this time was made up. Check-in was seamless, flight was comfortable. I was lucky enough to have a spare seat next to me. Cabin crew were friendly enough. Inflight entertainment was good but more variety would be appreciated, particularly for children. It was a little frustrating that the cabin crew require photo ID for the inflight entertainment. Didn't have any photo ID besides my passport. A boarding pass sufficed but the flight attendant was not so happy I didn't have photo ID. Smooth landing in Singapore completed our pleasant experience with Jetstar. We brought our own snacks so didn't use their food and beverage service.

Jetstar Airways Customer review :  9 October 2014 by Ferrier Bronwyn    (Australia)

OOL-NRT, Business, 14 Sept 2014, seats 1A/C. Dreamliner. Flight was on time departing, leaving mid morning. Flight attendants were attentive, friendly and professional, drinks offered before take-off, orders taken for lunch and drinks. The seats in Row 1 are definitely the most comfortable with no one in front reclining and plenty of legroom. The lunch was delicious, my wild mushroom arancini were as good as any I've tasted. I had a glass of Royal Chivers and the attendant made sure it was topped up, necessitating an afternoon nana nap! A late afternoon snack of warm beef foccacia sandwich before getting into Tokyo was also excellent. Only gripe is the footrests are low and on the night return flight, I would prefer the legs more elevated. However, value for money, one can't complain. I'll save time here, and say the return flight on Sept 24 was also very good, the meal not so good but a reasonable standard.

Jetstar Airways Customer review :  6 October 2014 by R Howe    (Australia)

Flew Bali to Perth on Jetstar. I had used Qantas FF points to book a "Rewards" flight and ended up on Jetstar as Qantas does not fly internationally out of Perth. Go figure. I paid for front row seats so had lots of legroom. I got the legroom and that's it. The seat was hard as a rock and I duidnt want to recline as I would have suffocated the poor passenger behind me. The staff completely disinterested and no service offered. The best I can say is we arrived home safely. We will never fly Jetstar again. Air Asia is far better.

Jetstar Airways Customer review :  25 September 2014 by M McCarthy    (Australia)

MEL-BKK, Economy, A330-200. How does one start with Jetstar International? Firstly, the Thai crew are excellent and are far superior to the domestic version in Australia. The aircraft was on time and was a comfortable flight from an engineering perspective. However, the interior of this aircraft can only be described as a time capsule whereby the interior designer had a selection of interiors and said, "That's the one - the theme we will go for is recycled 1970's Estonian disco." To be fair not all of the seats were broken, mine reclined on the left side thereby putting my left shoulder on the lap of the person behind me while my right shoulder was touching the back of the seat in front of me. I especially liked the rips in the "leather" that allowed me to hang my mobile phone for viewing of videos. Very thoughtful. Also the 3 TV's that came with the plane at the front of interior did not work so we couldn't even follow a flight map. On the return leg, same story re interior. I understand that with budget carriers you get what you pay for, but I paid for a seat with oxygen and almost got ripped off.

Jetstar Airways Customer review :  23 September 2014 by L Williamson    (Australia)

I will never fly this airline again. Our flight at the moment has been delayed 11.5 hrs and increasing as I sit at the airport. We have missed the Singapore Grand Prix day 1 race and concert (which we had tickets for). The communication to let us know what was going on was appalling. By the time they decided to let us know what was going on the earliest flight we could rebook for was 10.5 hrs later. My advice is never fly Jetstar.

Jetstar Airways Customer review :  20 September 2014 by K Parkes    (Australia)

SYD to MEL on Sept 15th 2014 and return on 18th. Found staff friendly and obliging and the landing back in Sydney on Sept 18th on flight JQ 508 was the best landing I've encountered. The only negative is that Jetstar seems to always be chronically late of advertised takeoff times. Don't know why and don't know if its the companies fault or just airport overload, as they are not alone with this constant problem at Sydney and Melbourne.

Jetstar Airways Customer review :  18 September 2014 by Christopher Copeland    (Australia)

Star

My wife and I booked business class Jetstar from Brisbane to Denpasar. Business is little better than economy with the seats in front dropping back into our laps - very little room. Worse was the return flight which Jetstar cancelled a few hours before departure. The email told us to phone an Australian customer service number (our cost) and we were told we had been moved to business on Virgin the following afternoon. When we checked in at Virgin we were told Jetstar had downgraded us to economy. After much argument with the Jetstar representative at the airport where the only options offered were to fly to Perth or Sydney they magically found two business class seats on that night's flight direct to Brisbane. We had to sit around at the airport for 10 hours. This was the first and last time I will fly Jetstar. My advice to fellow travellers is never fly Jetstar. Their client service is appalling and I got less than no value from being a business class passenger.

Jetstar Airways Customer review :  18 September 2014 by Patricia Kennedy    (Australia)

Booked and confirmed to travel BNE-CNS-NRT 27 August 2014 and NRT-CNS-BNE 09 Septermber 2014. Jetstar cancelled the flight 27 August and without consultation re-booked us to travel 29 August. After requesting what other options were available, a flight on 26 August was offered. Since we had accommodation, sightseeing and a cruise confirmed 29 and 26 August were not acceptable to us. Knowing that Jetstar operated out of the Gold Coast I requested that we be transferred to fly OOL-NRT 29 August. The inflight crew on the outbound flight were mostly foreign and very professional and friendly. Food service was OK. On the return flight the food was inedible. The aircraft operating this service is the new Boeing 787 Dreamliner. The only dream we had was to be able to get out of our seats. Once the seats in front were reclined it was impossible to get out. The recline came back to the level of the armrest preventing one to stand up. The only way to exit the seat is to swing ones legs over the armrest into the aisle. If sitting in the centre of three one has to be dragged out.

Jetstar Airways Customer review :  18 September 2014 by I Fielding    (Australia)

I was flying Jetstar domestically from Adelaide to Brisbane and I only had carry on bags. My bag was only slightly overweight and not only did they make me check my bag in, but they charged me an extra fee of $70, despite the fact that I didn't have $70 at the time.

Jetstar Airways Customer review :  15 September 2014 by K Lin    (Australia)

We booked a holiday deal to the Hayman Islands for travel between 6/9 - 9/9. We arrived at the airport on time to check-in as their mobile check-in services were down. We were advised by a very rude staff claiming the service counter closed ages ago, meaning they decided to close their counter earlier. We showed him we had sufficient time to check-in but he ignore us and denied boarding. We have no choice but to transfer our ticket the next flight on the following day for $50pp, losing one night hotel stay and half day on the island. Both the airport staff and call center service was appalling. No consideration or sympathy whatsoever. Will never fly with them again.

Jetstar Airways Customer review :  15 September 2014 by Bronwyn Hughes    (Australia)

Flew CNS-BNE return over weekend. (6-7 September). I booked Jetstar due the the cheap flights on offer. I purchased a bundle which came with a food voucher and choice of seat and QFF and was happy with the value. Big points on being able to order hot food now (ham and cheese toastie or pieface box). Check in times were satisfactory. Staff were friendly. Nothing exceptional but more then adequate. I would love to see the food menu extended even if I have to pre-order prior to boarding. Seat pitch okay but a bit confining when the seat in front reclined but again budget airline so it is what it is.

Jetstar Airways Customer review :  15 September 2014 by K Chinn    (Australia)

Star

JQ 17, MEL-HKT in brand new 787.Business class, but seats more like QF premium economy. Departure delayed 90 mins due to tech problem with rear door and storms closing airport. Kept well informed by flight deck. Service by cabin crew very good. Food was pretty good and more than enough for 8/9 hours flight.

Jetstar Airways Customer review :  10 September 2014 by Walsh Cathy    (Australia)

Star

Daytime flight to Bali. Straight after lunch they turned all the lights off? When asked for a drink (just one) the flight attendant seemed like it was a chore! But they weren't busy as three of them were chatting in the galley. Business Class was much like 'cattle' Class. No leg room. The man in front of me reclined right back leaving me with no room. When my husband had to go to the bathroom he had to ask the man in front of me to push his seat back up so he could get past ! We know that it is not Jetstar's fault that this man reclined, but in a normal business class seat you would still have room to get past.

Jetstar Airways Customer review :  7 September 2014 by Paul Williss    (Australia)

Singapore to Darwin. Jetstar flies out of Singapore at 11.30pm, so an overnight flight into Darwin. Flight full, managed to score exit row seats for myself and partner for $32 each. Able to use Singapore Qantas Club which was very nice and virtually empty. Having something to eat and drink earlier at hotel then QC Club, no need to eat on plane, used $10 voucher for bottle of water and wine. Uneventful flight, on time, only glitch was check-in at Singapore where one person was on, though others turned up eventually, but don't see why people have to wait because others are disorganised. Still prefer full-service I'm afraid.

Jetstar Airways Customer review :  2 September 2014 by JP Childer    (Australia)

Star

MEL-DPS, DPS-MEL. Good business class fare. Had an equipment swap MEL-DPS to an A330 which was a little disappointing but still comfy for the 6 hour flight. IPAD entertainment is annoying but we were 1A and !B and used the bassinet to mount them on, not much selection in way of movies. Staff really efficient and friendly, food excellent, massive improvement Jetstar. DPS-MEL B787 really nice plane staff and service just as good, 2 hour delay due to late arrival from MEL. Will definitely fly again for the right price and schedule. If they only improved the on time performance.

Jetstar Airways Customer review :  2 September 2014 by A Lawes    (Australia)

We have just travelled to Hawaii on Jetstar and it was a nightmare from the start. At Melbourne airport we waited almost 2 hours at the check-in desk even though we had done "so called online check in". When I told the girl at the desk, she told me I was lucky - some people wait 3 hours. Then we waited almost 2 hours on board to get anything to eat or drink because we had not paid the outrageous fee for meals! Since being in Hawaii I have spoken to several of my compatriots who swear they will never travel Jetstar again. Personally, I am dreading the return trip to Melbourne on Friday morning. So much for Qantas Frequent Flyer card which I have had for 20 years. A very dissatisfied customer.