Jetstar Airways  Passenger Reviews and Jetstar Airways Customer Trip Reports

Jetstar Airways Customer review :  12 February 2013 by C N Baxter    (France)

Sydney to the Sunshine Coast and back, last week. Couldn't fault anything on either trip. Flights left on time, cabin crew friendly and professional, aircraft clean. Although won't be back in Australia for some time, would recommend them.

Jetstar Airways Customer review :  12 February 2013 by M Ivancic    (Australia)

ADL-MEL, JQ773, 8/2/2013, Airbus A320 aircraft. What a pleasure to have been greeted by a friendly Flight Attendant when our boarding passes were being checked inside Adelaide Airport Terminal. Upon boarding the rear of the aircraft again a pleasant welcome from the Flight Attendant. Welcomed onboard with a smile. Aircraft was clean and the seats comfortable. I did not purchase anything on this short flight, but service from the crew was efficient. There were announcements from the pilot during the flight and also upon landing in Melbourne. This is the third time I have flown with Jetstar and I have always found the crew to be professional. This is a budget airline and I did not pay for all the extras but cannot complain.

Jetstar Airways Customer review :  7 February 2013 by B Hall    (Australia)

Awful right from the get go. Very poor legroom, little recline on seats. No entertainment. Very bad service from inflight staff. This is easily the worst airline I've been on. You get what you pay for. Budget price = budget everything.

Jetstar Airways Customer review :  5 February 2013 by T Carinci    (Australia)

JQ1, Sydney to Melbourne a few weeks ago. The standard of service and customer communication I received from this airline was horrible! The old A330-200 aircraft was dated and the leg room was bad even for economy. Ground staff treated us more like cattle than passengers, if it wasn't for my ability to run with the crowd I would have been trampled whilst boarding as there was no line or structure to this process. Once the cabin crew completed their food and beverage service you never saw them again until disembarking. Once we landed it took them about 40 minutes before we received our luggage. All over very disappointing - you get what you pay for!

Jetstar Airways Customer review :  4 February 2013 by Ian Booth    (Australia)

What a terrible experience. Once you have booked your tickets they make it nearly impossible to change your details. Tried to ring them up from Bali to add on luggage and after a 2 hour wait got someone who couldn't speak a word of English. Got to the airport and explained what had happened and was told straight that they didn't care and to fly another airline if I didn't like it. They then charged me $160 for 6kg of luggage. It didn't get any better once on board. The leg room was non existent and my knees where against the back of the seat in front for the 3.5 hour flight. Had to pay for any food and drinks with your credit card and again rude staff. Will never fly with Jetstar ever again.

Jetstar Airways Customer review :  4 February 2013 by S Woolridge    (Australia)

SIN-MEL. Very disappointed by the performance of the cabin crew. For a flight of only 6.5 hours, the crew took 2 hours 45 mins to serve drinks/dinner and 1.5 hours to serve breakfast. Bear in mind that this is a low cost airline and meals etc are only provided to those who are prepared to pay at the time of serving. I took a good look at the number of passengers who did purchase meals and there were not many therefore the serving times should have been a lot faster than they were. In between serving, the crew made no attempt to contain their noise coming from the galley. Probably the most disruptive flight I have been on, and for a change, it was not the passengers who were the cause. Perhaps a review of the serving processes is required to help speed this up. No respect to passengers on this night flight.

Jetstar Airways Customer review :  3 February 2013 by M Carinci    (Australia)

SYD - MEL on JQ1. Boarding delayed and rushed, causing departure from the International Terminal to be 40 mins late. Although it was a sale fare, the service was poor and communication with passengers was limited. Seats were uncomfortable and narrow, and the selection of food and drinks was minimal. The landing was terrible and even resulted in some applause from the passengers! I'll stick to Virgin or Qantas from now on - and I wouldn't even consider JQ International after this experience.

Jetstar Airways Customer review :  30 January 2013 by Jean Pollock    (Australia)

My comments relate to the Jetstar Airport lounge (gates 25-30) at Melbourne Tullamarine airport. My flight is JQ 61 to Darwin on 29/1/13. I've never had a problem with travelling on any of JQ flights but this waiting area is disgusting. Many seats are in poor repair and actually have a very unsavoury odour and the floors are littered with rubbish. I appreciate that this may be a period between cleaning team arrival, but it's very tacky and would give a poor impression to all travellers.

Jetstar Airways Customer review :  25 January 2013 by F MacKillop    (Australia)

BNE-PER and return. Outward leg OK, apart from the fact that this is a long flight and the seats are very uncomfortable and narrow, forget about sleeping. Poor selection of food and drinks onboard. Return leg terrible: direct flight to Brisbane was split by Jetstar into a PER-MEL and MEL-BNE, with 2 hour wait in MEL! Experienced rude service! Will not fly with them again.

Jetstar Airways Customer review :  16 January 2013 by Bennet Selwyn    (New Zealand)

From checking in to our arrival in Wellington we could not find fault with this airline or its staff. We had a very rough landing in the gales at Wellington and had to go round for a 2nd try. We could not fault the staff during the turbulence. Our bags were out for collection by the time we got to the arrivals area, we will be flying Jetstar again in the future.

Jetstar Airways Customer review :  15 January 2013 by G Richards    (Australia)

Star

MEL-SIN return. We chose not to pay extra for mileage credits. We sought legroom and we got it. The seat width was suitable. We needed a wheelchair and ‘pusher’ at all travel terminal areas as they had slopes, difficult joining lips & pushing distances beyond what I am capable of doing. Jetstar assisted with a wheelchair on the outward leg. Only after much discussion did we get 'pusher' assistance on arrival in Singapore. When this came it was an excellent 'local service' - a gratuity was not begrudged. For frequent travellers, being a continuing Qantas Club member, as I am, was wise. In Singapore they arranged the 'pusher' service to our return gate. Sadly, at both check-ins, knowledge by Jetstar staff about Business Class Max rights plus those of Qantas Club Members was either nil or misinformed. It was a bad start, later righted by Qantas Club Staff at both lounges. The in light food choices were acceptable. No problems with the complimentary liquor, nor level of service, table decor or travel amenities supplied. Seat back lowering by the person in front was a concern on both flights as we had to disturb those persons when we wished to move about. Our outward seats were in Row 6 – the last in Business Class with restricted, but acceptable lowering for a day flight, not suitable if overnight. The Jetstar web-site would not let me pre-select a seat if you had asked for ‘wheelchair assistance’ as we had - it was one or the other and this is unsatisfactory. On return I opted to select Row 4 to fully recline. In this position the seat is not a fully reclining ‘sleeper’- footrest space is insufficient. With a 2-3-2 configuration in this cabin, I would not choose the middle seat of a fully occupied ‘3’. We were fortunate both ways in not having a full cabin thus no problem with overhead storage but a number of the compartments were taken up with staff bags and service items-not good. Ours were Jetstar stop-over flights in Singapore, as part of flying to/from China thus, and correctly, there were helpful Chinese & English speaking flight attendants, however the level of English could have been better. In reading some of the adverse comments about Jetstar Business, the benefits provided, compared to cost, is being ignored. It is a precious approach to compare Jetstar to a 'full service' airline. I would fly Jetstar Business/Star Class again.

Jetstar Airways Customer review :  15 January 2013 by R Wilson    (Australia)

HNL-MEL. Delayed 49 hours, kept on runway for 3.5 hrs with air-conditioning on and off for up to 30min at a time, little information from the cockpit. Eventually we were returned to the terminal to be told flight was cancelled, spent next two nights awaiting more information, given a disgraceful $250 Jetstar voucher as compensation - horrible experience.

Jetstar Airways Customer review :  14 January 2013 by W Rae    (USA)

Star

Honolulu to Sydney - a 10+ hour flight, in Business Class. Booked using AA Miles and thought we'd booked Qantas. 1 week before our trip we discovered it was on JetStar. This was our honeymoon and my husband is 6 ft 3 and a big man. We braced ourselves for a miserable flight. However, the flight was a pleasure. Food was delicious. True, legroom is tight and when the seat in front of you is reclined, you cannot get out without disturbing your neighbors. A lovely amenity kit provided. The earphones were extremely comfortable and the pre-loaded Ipad has a nice choice of entertainment. Flight attendants were warm, professional and accommodating. As for rating the value for money, we used our AA miles so I can only say that it was a most pleasant flight in Business Class, with excellent food, excellent service, nice entertainment options, pillows, blankets, and comfortable leather seats. Other than the seats being a little tight for legroom, our flight was a pleasure.

Jetstar Airways Customer review :  11 January 2013 by Joanne Octavia    (Singapore)

Flew SIN-KUL return recently. Booking and check-in process was hassle-free and smooth. However, I felt that it could be rather expensive since credit card's convenience fee are charged. Leather seats are comfortable.

Jetstar Airways Customer review :  11 January 2013 by T Alan    (Indonesia)

Booked the tickets from Sydney to Melbourne (return) and Sydney to Gold Coast (return) via online travel agent. The main gripe was the check-in process, although the system will send you an automatic SMS to check in online, but still there's no difference without checked-in online that we still have to queue with the other passengers. Nevertheless, the ground staff were really helpful and patient, also the cabin crew were very friendly!

Jetstar Airways Customer review :  9 January 2013 by T David    (Australia)

SYD-ADL. Quite pricey for the tickets as there are other hidden fees such as online booking fees and credit card fees which aren't included in the advertised price. Boarded the old and worn A320 about 45 minutes late, and waited another 30 minutes before we began to taxi for take-off. No in-flight entertainment unless you want to pay money to rent an iPad. No leg room and zero recline. Arrived quite late and only got an apology from the flight stewardess which was nice. Overall, not too bad for the price you paid, but trust me, there are better flights out there for just a few extra bucks.