Jetstar Airways  Passenger Reviews and Jetstar Airways Customer Trip Reports

Jetstar Airways Customer review :  18 April 2013 by Siobhan O'Donnell    (New Zealand)

I was surprised to find that on a flight from Perth to Brisbane there was no food provided. We then had to wait in an enormous queue for more than an hour so no time to get breakfast at the airport.

Jetstar Airways Customer review :  17 April 2013 by M Risoli    (Brazil)

Flew PEK-SIN-DPS with Jetstar Asia and Valuair. Check-in at PEK was terrible with messy lines and no organization, I had not picked seats and was separate from my friends. On the PEK-SIN flight crew allowed us to change as it was an empty flight and we got the extra legroom seats which were great, the SIN-DPS was full and other seats had terrible legroom, although a bun and water was served which is nice, all flights were on time.

Jetstar Airways Customer review :  17 April 2013 by Tara Morris    (Australia)

Melbourne to Perth. Airbus A320 which was very clean and much nicer than the Qantas B767 I flew to Melbourne on. Ground crew in Melbourne and Perth pleasant and helpful. However service onboard was quite poor and staff seemed disinterested. But it's a budget airline so it's to be expected. Upon arrival At Perth no gates at the terminal were available so our aircraft parked in the middle of the tarmac and we were bussed to the terminal, when we landed the buses were busy and we had to wait 40 minutes in Perth for a bus from the plane to the terminal. Melbourne's Jetstar gates are a luxury compared to Perth. Overall a good experience for the price I paid for the flight.

Jetstar Airways Customer review :  17 April 2013 by N Deighton    (Australia)

I have never flown this airline without a delay and yesterday a cancellation of my flight. Extremely poor customer service from counter staff and the offer of a bus added salt to the wound. Their service is inferior, their reliability non-existent.

Jetstar Airways Customer review :  12 April 2013 by Michael Little    (Australia)

Hobart - Melbourne on an A320. There was a long queue for the baggage drop - there seems little advantage in using the machine to tag your own bag. Once on board, any size or weight of take-on baggage seems acceptable, so that we were told to keep our reasonable sized bags around our feet so that other people who had got large bulging bags on board could stow theirs in the overhead lockers. The seat seemed to have a slightly greater pitch than on the Jetstar A321. The flight operated 20 minutes late, but was generally a pleasant experience.

Jetstar Airways Customer review :  2 April 2013 by William Gordon    (Japan)

My wife and I flew from Tokyo to Osaka. Flight itself was on time, the inflight service was acceptable (we didn't pay for food, which doesn't come free anyway) and the seats, while a bit tight, were OK for a flight of less than an hour. The on-the-ground service, however, left a lot to be desired. We missed both our inbound and outbound flights and both times we called ahead to explain our situation. The first time we were able to change our flight to an early one the next day! When we had to change our flight on the return flight, the woman on duty refused to even look at us, informing us tersely that there was nothing to be done but cancel or pay for another flight. We took ANA's Star Flight and had a much better experience with excellent service. Still a cheap airline, but they seemed to understand their relationship with the customer.

Jetstar Airways Customer review :  2 April 2013 by Craig Willis    (Australia)

OOL-MEL. Was met at the airport by the grumpiest check-in staff member. Aircraft clean and seated in a row of 3 with 2 spare seats. Crew were very good but just going through the motions. Flight departed on time and landed about 5 mins early. Uneventful flight and would use them again but prefer Virgin.

Jetstar Airways Customer review :  26 March 2013 by Michael Little    (Australia)

Melbourne to Hobart and return, both legs on an A321. The dungeon-like departure area in Melbourne is a poor start to the journey. The plane to Hobart departed and arrived 15 mins late. On board service in both directions was friendly and efficient, but the seat pitch was tight. I paid a very cheap fare, and the flights represented very good value.

Jetstar Airways Customer review :  26 March 2013 by K Moon    (Australia)

Launceston - Sydney, 22/3/13. Arrived at airport 7pm for 8.15 departure only to read departure board - flight delayed until 9.35. No texts sent to advise prior. At 9pm the board indicated "Flight Cancelled" - no announcement until 5 mins later! Mad scramble to line up for vouchers. Had to organise own taxis. Given $35 voucher for food/drink and $15 for b/f. Next morning back to airport for 10 am departure. By 9.50 still not boarding - no announcements. Finally on board 10.05 - no apologies - then sat on tarmac until 10.40. Departed and finally Captain announced at 11am "sorry for delay". Staff advised that "due to no catering in Launceston there is no fresh food available, nor ice for drinks". Only good thing was they have given us a $100 voucher off next flight (dare I chance it again).

Jetstar Airways Customer review :  22 March 2013 by M East    (New Zealand)

Star

Auckland-Singapore return: I was a little apprehensive about flying with Jetstar due to poor reputation in NZ. I needn't have worried. Smooth and hassle-free check-in (both ways), very friendly check-in staff (both ways), positive and hard-working cabin crew (both ways), food and IPad perfectly adequate, both flights pretty much on schedule, seat absolutely fine for the length of journey (10 hours). A good return trip all round. For the ticket price paid this product represented exceptionally good value.

Jetstar Airways Customer review :  13 March 2013 by K Chinn    (Australia)

Star

MEL-HNL, JQ 1, in business class. Only negative was the old domestic business style seat. It gets a bit uncomfortable during a long flight. Cabin crew did a good job, food was ok and there was plenty of it. IFE on iPad a bit limited. Left on time and arrived early. Overall a very good flight.

Jetstar Airways Customer review :  12 March 2013 by Tony Crisafi    (Australia)

Sunday 13th March I travelled from Hobart to Sydney. Staff were friendly and flight was smooth. However, I was seated in row 30 and the leg room (pitch) was about 22cm from the edge of my seat to the magazine pocket. We had to put our carry-on luggage under he seat because there was no room in the overhead storage area. I stress that the flight attendants were excellent.

Jetstar Airways Customer review :  5 March 2013 by Simon Channon    (UK)

We flew Sydney to Hobart. The good news: the flight was on time. The bad news: the seats were just as uncomfortable as those on sister airline Qantas.

Jetstar Airways Customer review :  26 February 2013 by T Ludlow    (Australia)

I've just had another bad experience with this airline, and I will never travel Jetstar again. This trip, the flight I was departing on has been cancelled and I was offered a flight approximately 4 hours earlier. Since this was not possible due to other commitments, and anything offered resulted in me missing the event I was travelling for, I asked for a refund. The staff member informed me this was only available for the departure, and they could not refund the return sector. A return flight isn't much good when you cant get there! Terrible customer service and I won't be caught again!

Jetstar Airways Customer review :  26 February 2013 by Fraser Miller    (UK)

22 Feb 13, BKK-SIN. Flight delayed 2 hours. Letter handed out stating for operational reasons. Nothing else offered. We were given emergency exit seats however. Flight full, but uneventful. No explanation of regret offered for late arrival. Cabin Crew worked well.

Jetstar Airways Customer review :  25 February 2013 by B Lamprell    (Vietnam)

It's a quick trip between these 2 cities but passengers spend longer at the airports than on the plane. Bag drop at Melbourne was a slow process. About 50 people in line and only 4 of the 12 desks operating. When we were on the final row with only 15 people in front of us a Jetstar person removed the guide ribbon to allow people who had been waiting for only a minute or two to jump to the head of the line. This is annoying for those who had been waiting for 35 minutes. Boarding for the 11.00 departure commenced at 10.30. The Jetstar Melbourne departure area resembles a bus station and has too few seats for the passengers waiting to board their flights. Pushback for the full flight was at 11.00 and the cabin crew very efficient, announcements could be clearly heard and service was friendly and efficient. Despite the aircraft being on the ground for a good 35 minutes most of the windows were grubby. The flight was fine and I had about 2cm between my knees and the seat in front. Thankfully they didn't recline the seat. A 15 minute delay in Sydney waiting for a clear air-bridge and a 20 minute wait to collect our bags capped off an uneventful flight.

Jetstar Airways Customer review :  25 February 2013 by Christopher Smith    (Japan)

My wife and I flew Jetstar from Osaka to Denpasar via Singapore. Apart from a slight delay out of Osaka, the remaining flights were smooth and most comfortable. We did reserve in advance the seats in front of the emergency exit for the Osaka/Singapore flight which provided more than enough leg-room. Standard seat selection was chosen for the Singapore/Denpasar flight. Will fly again with Jetstar, definitely.

Jetstar Airways Customer review :  20 February 2013 by B Fergus    (Australia)

Star

MEL-DPS, Business class, A330-200. Overall excellent flight - great value for money I purchased ticket on sale. Cabin crew friendly and helpful - IPads and meals served very quickly. You get what you pay for with the seat - it's no flat bed but nevertheless I found it very comfortable and even managed to get some sleep. I would fly Jetstar again.

Jetstar Airways Customer review :  18 February 2013 by Paul Stevenson    (Australia)

Flight JQ458, SYD to Ballina. Sat in seat 5C. The plane took off a few minutes late but landed on time. The flight crew were professional and friendly. Leather seats were very comfortable. Quality of food for purchase onboard not bad.