Jet2.com Passenger Reviews and Jet2.com Customer Trip Reports

Jet2.com Customer review :  30 July 2014 by J Stafford (UK)

14th July 2014, Manchester - Rhodes (B737-800). The Jet2.com check in desk at Manchester is very confusing and there is a lack of communication between the staff there. One staff member said that we could check in at the online check in desk and another women that that we couldn't! We boarded a very clean plane but the cabin crew could have been a bit more welcoming. The captain gave good details about the flight and kept us updated really well! The onboard snacks service needs to improve, there could be more variety. Cabin crew improved as the flight progressed. They could also be a bit quicker with the services. They gave me 5 minutes to eat some noodles and a can of orange juice! Landed on time and it was a pleasant flight! 23rd July 2014, Rhodes - Manchester (B757-200). It was a pleasant flight but there could be more legroom. The cabin crew were friendly and we landed 8 minutes early!

Jet2.com Customer review :  30 July 2014 by P Beck (UK)

Have been using this airline now for a few years, four times a year. Used to recommend them to all my friends and family, but not any more, we cannot remember the last time we actually took off on time going out or on our return, it's even become a standing joke, we expect to get a delay before we even reach the airport. Well enough is enough, we have just returned from Paphos, on our way back we should have departed at 10.15 pm, we had three children with us, we were told as usual we had a delay of 1.5 hours, which turned into 2.5 hours, we finally departed at 12.45 in the morning! After the long flight we had a drive home of two hours from Manchester airport. This is totally in acceptable and will be looking at other airlines from now on.

Jet2.com Customer review :  26 July 2014 by P Bowes (UK)

Me and my new wife flew with Jet2, LBA-AGP-LBA for 3 nights as part of their Holidays package for our 'mini-moon'. The flight out couldn't have been any better. We had chosen seats 4a&B flying out, where I got a generous amount of legroom. I'm 6ft 3, so I never thought it would happen on a LCC. Had the breakfast bought for us by my workmates and despite being fairly small was very tasty. Seat was comfortable and plane looked brand new, even though it was at least 20 years old. Landed 20 mins early as a bonus. Flight back was an hour late due to fog at LBA, captain was all apologetic and kept us up to date where he could. Same plane flying back (G-CELS) but sitting in 20 E&F. Workmates surprised us again with a bottle of champagne, which was demolished within 15/20 mins. Slightly bumpy landing but given that no-one in the plane could see the runway due to all the fog, its forgivable. No problems at all, would definitely recommend and fly with them again. Well done Jet2.

Jet2.com Customer review :  23 July 2014 by J Williamson (UK)

Flew to Dalaman from Glasgow with Jet2 and I have to say the flights were fantastic. The cabin crew were great and the service was excellent. The seats were very comfortable and it is worth paying the extra for the leg room. There wasn't much inflight entertainment but in this day and age it's not really important. Also, the food was great but wasn't the worst I had ever had. All in all I would recommend Jet2 to anyone.

Jet2.com Customer review :  21 July 2014 by B Duncan (UK)

I was on a return flight from Heraklion (Crete) to East Mids (UK) and I have to say it wasn't great. Sure the seats were comfortable enough and the crew pleasant but then a few niggling problems began to arise. Firstly, the panel near my feet had worked loose so I had to wedge it up with my book for the flight to prevent it falling off altogether, not such a flying start if you'll pardon the pun. Secondly, after waiting 2.5 hours on a 4 hour flight, the food trolley came about. As it turned out, only half the food was actually available, and even that over priced. There was only one of three toasties available, Cheese and Tomato. When this £3.80 sandwich arrived it was lovely and blackened, and tasted akin to something spread over fields to help the crops grow. Furthermore, I also ordered a Pepsi, as I was particularly thirsty. I was horrified to discover a 330ml can cost £1.60! A mark up of 300% compared to my local supermarket. Thankfully the rest of the flight was bearable, however a lack of a compartment to store books, phones etc on the back of the seat in front was an annoyance also and the poor sound proofing meant a conversation with you neighbour required raised voices. I would conclude by saying that the food and drink was expensive and of poor quality, there was a lack of simple amenities such as a place to put your items that you did not want to keep lugging your hand luggage down for. Cleanliness was also lacking as sweets and wrappers were present on the floor when I got on the plane. I will not fly Jet2 again.

Jet2.com Customer review :  11 July 2014 by M Leving (UK)

LBA-PMI-LBA. Did exactly as it said on the tin. Adequately comfortable for 2.5 hr flight. On time both directions. Only down side was being deposited at the end of the runway at LBA on return and having to board tired ex London bendy bus to take us to terminal and adding a good 20 mins to the expected exit time from the airport.

Jet2.com Customer review :  7 July 2014 by Books Colin (UK)

27th May 2014, return on 3rd June. Use jet2 from Blackpool whenever we can, Majorca is our usual short haul twice a year, and have been to Portugal and mainland Spain. The staff are very good and helpful. Using the Jet2 website is very bad, very hard to get on, not just our computer as we get on other travel agents sites, end up phoning them to discuss plans.

Jet2.com Customer review :  7 July 2014 by Jenkinson Raymond (UK)

Out: 25 June 2014, flight LS515. In: 2 July 2014, flight LS516. Jet2 are one of the best airlines I have flown with. The check-in staff at Newcastle Airport/Paphos Airport were excellent, very cheerful and helpful, just what is needed prior to a flight 10/10. With regards to the aircraft, it was very clean, the cabin crew were helpful, cheerful and hard working, even the pilot had a cheerful note to his voice and the leg room was beyond belief, none of this being crammed in like sardines.

Jet2.com Customer review :  7 July 2014 by D Dewar (UK)

Thought I would give Jet2 a second chance, but wished I had stuck to my previous rule of never flying with them again. Living near to the airport I tried to check in online four hours before my flight, only to find that online check-in closes five whole hours before take-off. Customer Services just kept repeating the mantra "it's in the Terms & Conditions", although I pointed out that it is quite well hidden. I did eventually manage to persuade someone in management to waive the £17.50 airport check-in charge, but not until I had stood my ground for some time on the phone. The whole experience with Jet2 is of a low headline fare, followed by constant attempts to ramp up the actual cost you pay, and complete inflexibility should you fall foul of the Ts & Cs through however small or innocent a mistake. Pay the extra money and fly with a proper airline, or you may end up paying more anyway with Jet2 in the long run.

Jet2.com Customer review :  7 July 2014 by Harrison Ellen (UK)

Used Jet2 for week-end break to Rome. Quick friendly check-in with great baggage allowance. Plane was as to be expected for budget airline but the food was adequate and reasonably priced (I only had a Tuna sandwich but it was fresh and well filled. My travel companion had a toasted Ham and Cheese which was ok too). Usually find airline staff to be aloof and uninterested but happy to experience the opposite with Jet2.

Jet2.com Customer review :  1 July 2014 by M Trotter (UK)

Travelled back on Tuesday 24th June 2014, the only downside was that we were in the middle of the aircraft (737-300) and by the time the refreshment trolley came along there was no sandwiches or worse still no bottles of water, how can this be so on a 4hr + flight, airlines state recommendations re re-hydration whilst inflight and then can not provide water which is a joke. Apart from that the aircraft and staff both outboard (13th June LBA 737-800) and the inbound flight could not be faulted.

Jet2.com Customer review :  26 June 2014 by Anne Marie Yates (UK)

16th June 2014 I flew to Vienna to see my daughter. I was very apprehensive as we boarded the 14.15 from Terminal 1, but I must admit everything was perfect, the staff were excellent, and the fight was great. We had ordered a meal on the return flight, not really expecting much, but it was well worth the money, never expected all the trimmings, ie: bun and butter, fresh fruit, sweet, cheese, and the meal itself was delicious (Sausage and Mash). My travel companion was also more than satisfied with her meal, all in all a thoroughly enjoyable flight, which was so pleasing after so long without taking a flight.

Jet2.com Customer review :  26 June 2014 by Sarah Scullion (Jersey)

Jet2 market their prices at around 50% of the actual cost charged by the time the booking is finalised online, you even have to pay to sit next to your partner and pay extra if you check-in at the airport. We find Jet2's marketing extremely misleading. The check-in lady for Jet2 at Jersey airport was very unfriendly, awkward and in a land of her own, we actually wondered if our bags would turn up at the other end and had to ask for our ID cards back. Inflight we ordered a toasted sandwich which was really soggy and looked awful. All in all this is the worst airline we have travelled on. Never again! I would rather Jet2 nowhere and stay at home that have to experience such bad business practice, hence there bad overall rating in general.

Jet2.com Customer review :  24 June 2014 by G Bootham (UK)

LBA to La Rochelle. Mixed experience not helped by LBA being a miserable airport that charges££2 to drop off. Then the queues for Jet2 were very long but luckily we had a lovely check-in lady. Jet2 wanted us to pay a lot of money to pre-book seats together but the flight was half full so glad we didn't. Bus to the plane was ok as it wasn't raining but would be unhappy if it was whilst climbing the steps. Clean plane and friendly staff but then the surreal part was they gave us a menu and a vocal on the food available which was extensive. When we asked though we were told they only had one of each sandwich on board and they had all been sold. 90 min flight so not a problem just embarrassing for Jet2. On time though so no real complaints.

Jet2.com Customer review :  24 June 2014 by C Holt (UK)

Flew with Jet2 for first time from Glasgow to Las Palmas, no delays taking off arrived early both outbound and inbound, found the staff very helpful and friendly, onboard meals hot and tasty. Would use them again.

Jet2.com Customer review :  21 June 2014 by N Salisbury (UK)

We have always found Jet2 flights to be excellent we have never had any problems with them. Not too happy with customer service but airport and flights we cannot fault the service we received, my partner has a fracture in his back and we needed special assistance, the service we received was 100% better than the flight we had with BA.

Jet2.com Customer review :  19 June 2014 by T Mcaughtrie (UK)

Flew Edinburgh to Venice with Jet2 as they are the only company to fly direct on this route. I know they are a budget airline, but even so the experience was particularly dismal. They don't pay for a stand at the terminal in either airport so passengers are crammed into buses to be ferried to and from the plane. The planes we had were shabby and the seats uncomfortable. Water was dripping out of our window as we came in to land in Edinburgh. Crew seemed to be barely coping - no steps had been ordered to meet the plane, so we were further delayed waiting for them. Then on to those overcrowded buses again. I wouldn't want to fly with this airline again.

Jet2.com Customer review :  17 June 2014 by S Simpkins (UK)

We last used Jet2 in 2006 and were very disappointed with the ancient aircraft and knackered seats. But now they have direct flights to Venice from our local airport, Newcastle, it was a no-brainer. So have they improved? Well, our 737-300 was nearly 28 years old, but looked fresh and clean with a refurbished interior which had the new seats with fixed thin backs profiled to give decent legroom. The cushions were a bit short but overall were fine for a flight of less than 3 hours. There was plenty of information from the flight deck and the cabin crew were excellent, being friendly and efficient, although we could have done without the loud and strident sales pitch on the PA, but I suppose it's par for the course. Both out and return flights were smooth and on time. Now if only Jet2 would impose their own cabin baggage policy to stop passengers cramming huge bags into the overhead lockers, things might be perfect for a budget airline. So have they improved in 8 years? They certainly have.

Jet2.com Customer review :  17 June 2014 by C Wolst (UK)

The concept of customer relations is a totally alien concept to this company. They changed the flight times by 5 1/4 hours, totally altering the dynamics of my holiday, and then expected me to pay for the privilege of changing back to the holiday I had originally booked, after first saying nothing could be done! "Terms and conditions, terms and conditions" is all I heard from them, when it perhaps should be, money, money, money! Needless to say, I will not be using this company again.

Jet2.com Customer review :  10 June 2014 by Richard Hodges (UK)

EMA - CORFU - EMA, 2 June - return 9 June. First time with Jet2.com and reasonably impressed. Sensible luggage policy (ie you can take 1 suitcase per couple if that's what you want - unlike Monarch where it's none or two per couple - how odd is that? And that is expensive, of course) and very good hand baggage allowance (10 kilos each person). Pre - booked seats as well - these and hold baggage were extra, of course, but then what 'low cost' airline gives them away for free. Aircraft was a 737-800 - in such good condition it must have been virtually new, and a surprisingly generous leg room allowance. Made even better for my wife and I when we had 3 seats for the two of us on the return. Flights on time, and even landed 20 minutes early at East Midlands on the return. If we can't go scheduled, then we won't be worried about using Jet2.com again.

Jet2.com Customer review :  9 June 2014 by P Howgate (UK)

Just had a very good return trip to Malaga with Jet2. On time departures both ways and early arrivals. Haven't been with them for years but will do so again. Clean aircraft with friendly and efficient crews, bit more route info from the flight deck wouldn't go amiss though. We bough inflight meals and found them to be decent to eat, for a change, so value for money overall. Loved the coffee cup holders. So well done Jet2 we will use you again.

Jet2.com Customer review :  5 June 2014 by L Barlow (UK)

Once again another fantastic flight with Jet2! Recently returned with Jet2 after a well-needed week away in Gran Canaria flying from Manchester. Jet2 have their own dedicated check-in area at Manchester, with very friendly staff. The service was great with my party checked in and through security in no time! Both flights were on time, with the cabins very clean and well presented. The leg-room was great and the no reclining seats is a god send. Cabin Crew on both flights very good, professional, chatty and willing to help. Have used Jet2 for the past 10 years and will continue to do so in the future! Keep up the good work!

Jet2.com Customer review :  5 June 2014 by J Brownson (UK)

Second bad experience with jet2. Just flew with them out of LBA. I felt I was risking it booking with them. Our departure was delayed for a second only this time they acted like it wasn't. After getting on the plane 45 mins after our supposed departure time the captain said we all have to get back off. Really bad customer service back in the terminal. I heard customers with jet2 going to another destination complaining they were also delayed. No reasonable answer was given to us. In the end we flew 3 more hours later on a plane that wasn't jet2 We were delayed 1 hour 30 mins on our return. Overpriced and poor customer service. I don't think they've got enough planes to cover if one breaks!

Jet2.com Customer review :  29 May 2014 by S Turner (UK)

Arriving at Manchester for a 16.00 flight greeted by smiling faces ready to help assist with my husband who is wheelchair dependant, brilliant assistance in Ibiza, plentiful taxi's to the resort, the return was just as good, I cannot praise Jet2 enough for all their assistance in making this a wonderful holiday.

Jet2.com Customer review :  27 May 2014 by M Taylor (UK)

MAN-BUD-MAN. At check in we were asked if we wished to check our hand luggage in to the hold at no extra charge. We boarded the aircraft early and staff showed us to our seats. The announcements were fun and informative. We had pre-ordered meals which were lovely. The crew seemed genuinely interested in making our trip enjoyable. The aircraft was clean and seats very comfortable. Our return journey was just as pleasurable, separated seating wise but I spoke to the crew when boarding and once everyone had boarded they moved us further forward in the aircraft so we could sit together. I would recommend this airline to anyone, I have seen a lot of reviews to the contrary on this site but I couldn't disagree more.

Jet2.com Customer review :  27 May 2014 by Jennifer Birkby (UK)

As I and my husband are both disabled we rang jet2 to ask if we could prebook disabled seats. We were told that they are only available at the airport on the day of departure. First come first served basis. As the payable seats were not at the front of the aircraft where I need to sit, this meant we could not book the holiday which was really disappointing. We offered to pay for the disabled seats but were told this could not be done, and that on the day of departure these seats could be sold as extra legroom to all and sundry. They girl on the phone was quite rude and unhelpful. We have travelled with many airlines, most of who will bend over backwards to help disabled passengers. Jet2 should be made to stop discriminating against disabled people.

Jet2.com Customer review :  27 May 2014 by David North (UK)

Leeds Bradford to Malaga. Very good flight, well organised. Only downturn was it took as long to get from Malaga Airport to our hotel (which is only a twenty minute journey) as it did from Leeds Bradford to Malaga. We were sat on the bus for 1.5hrs at Malaga Airport.

Jet2.com Customer review :  26 May 2014 by M Charlton (UK)

Leeds/Bradford to Budapest return. Both ways flights and staff were good. Sandwiches were good value for money. No complaints.

Jet2.com Customer review :  18 May 2014 by Carole Armstrong (Northern Ireland)

Flew with Jet2.com on 8th May, returning 15th, to Palma. We were going to Cala Millor, so the onward journey from Palma took just over two hours, one hour being spent sitting on a coach waiting for other passengers, which is not the airlines fault, but is still nevertheless very frustrating. On return journey we were picked up at our hotel at 6.55a.m.picked up people from other resorts and were at the check in desk at 8.25am. a full three hours before our flight to Belfast. We had been in the airport for about an hour and a half, checking the departure board for our gate number when other passengers informed us that delays were probable because of the French Air Traffic Controllers strike.We knew nothing of this and felt it should have been pointed out to us at the check-in desk. Have flown with Jet2 before, but felt rather disappointed this time.

Jet2.com Customer review :  6 May 2014 by Susie Morgan (UK)

Manchester to Budapest: this was my first time flying with Jet 2. This flight and the return flight was on time, the crew were efficient and friendly. Drinks were a reasonable price. Seat belts plenty of room. We had a Welsh choir on the plane and they sang us into Budapest airport. An excellent experience all round.

Jet2.com Customer review :  6 May 2014 by L Pritchard (UK)

First flew with Jet2 August 2013 from Manchester to Crete. Found them to be very good, seats seem roomier than rival airlines and aircrew and ground staff extremely helpful. I am flying with them again in 1 months time. No inflight entertainment is the only criticism.

Jet2.com Customer review :  5 May 2014 by D Stewart (UK)

Flew yesterday 03/05/14 from TFS-GLA. Excellent experience. Staff very friendly at TFS and the GLA based crew were efficient polite and friendly. Others could learn from them.

Jet2.com Customer review :  29 April 2014 by Graham Richardson (UK)

I am a regular flyer from Leeds/Bradford with Jet2.com and continually sing their praises for the service they provide for my short-haul journeys. Their website is user-friendly and given the flexibility of travel arrangements you will be pleased at the low costs but I hasten to add, not the taxes etc. Like many I am relegated to travelling at peak periods and I object to the fare-loading by all airlines (including Jet2) however buses and trains wouldn't get away with it but airlines do. Whilst I travel frequently to Spain I can only express my complete satisfaction and have not personally witnessed any dissatisfaction from fellow-travellers. I do wish travellers would show restraint in their urgency to depart the plane once landed, I hate the pushing and shoving as they retrieve overhead bags but how do you deal with that. Jet2 you have done a good job and your investment at LBA has done much to enhance the local economy in Leeds and Bradford and long may it continue. Well done Jet2.com 10/10 from me.

Jet2.com Customer review :  22 April 2014 by A Rea (UK)

My bad experience happened on March 18th 2013 from Newcastle to Alicante. I am disabled and requested help at the airport and to sit near the front of the plane. I have a doctors letter explaining my predicament but was told this was not needed. I was given a seat half way down the plane. Returning 25th March 2013, the same happened but this time I was given row 25 which for me is impossible and when I told the check-in staff I was told to sort it out on the plane which I did and was told there was no seats nearer even though I could see row 4 had an empty seat. I was humiliated in front of a planeload of passengers and that was after a 6 hrs delay. Needless to say I will never travel with them again.

Jet2.com Customer review :  15 April 2014 by C Napier (UK)

Initially booked a reasonable fare, one way from Malaga to Belfast. Made the mistake by paying in euros as Jet2s Euro / Sterling rate is very uncompetitive, only seen I could have paid in Sterling after I made the booking. We later decided to book on baggage, this was expensive as it meant we had to pay for online check in as well but they do allow 22kg. In the end the whole ticket was more expensive than other options I looked at. When it came to checking in online, the website allocated our 2 seats on opposite sides of the cabin, meaning we had to pay yet more money to select seats so we could sit together. The flight left on time on an old Boeing 737, however the cabin seats have been refurbished, however I found them very uncomfortable. No recline, very thinly padded and little leg room. Cabin crew were very friendly, however they made massive sales pitches for hot meals, duty free and scratch cards, with some announcements lasting a good few minutes. I didn't buy either as I felt I had already been over charged with the whole booking and online checking situation. When booking with Jet2 make sure you know all their hidden costs, the seat allocation and online check in charge are unforgivable.

Jet2.com Customer review :  14 April 2014 by C Cross (UK)

My wife and I were on a flight from Leeds Bradford to Rome (Fiumicino). Flight out was very good and on time. However, my wife has to be gluten free and we chose the meals very carefully. For her we chose the 'all day vegetarian breakfast' listed as GF and V. However, the other bag containing the bread roll and the muffin was just the same as mine - i.e. normal! When you list the meal as okay for GF why is only part of the meal GF - when you are paying for it all! On the flight home back to Leeds the plane was delayed, at no time was any information forthcoming on why and for how long we would be delayed. Not until we boarded the aircraft did the captain inform us the reasons behind the delay. Yes, it was for reasons outside of Jet2's control - but how easy is it to communicate with the waiting passengers - very! My wife ordered 'Rich beef casserole' for the meal back to Leeds - again advertised as GF. Once again, and we were ready for it this time, it came with the same bag of crackers and bread roll and everything the same as I had been given. Once again it is advertised as GF when it is clearing not entirely GF. In this day and age when Gluten Free products are readily available and, more often than not come in air tight long life bags, can you not create a GF bag of bread roll, crackers, muffin, etc. and put them in a different coloured bag that can be easily identified by the crew. It really is not that hard to do and, we as customers are paying for meal - you are not giving it to us for free! Could do much better with regard to GF meals!

Jet2.com Customer review :  31 March 2014 by W Gordon (UK)

EDI-Faro, 28th March. Check in painless with Jet2 using new remote check in and bag drop desks. More than adequate desks open. Aircraft on Main Terminal stand so no remote stand bus to endure. Boarding swift, minimal queue for a full flight. Aircraft fresh interior, seats non reclining which could be classed as a good thing, seat a bit hard but okay for a 3 hour flight. Crew professional, smiling, helpful. Drinks and snacks available. Arrived early in Faro. Good flight.

Jet2.com Customer review :  27 March 2014 by J Keig (UK)

Flew Jet2 to Gran Canaria, outward journey was fine, home bound journey was delayed 2 hours. It was a very old 737-300 and it obviously had a problem when the aircraft landed, as it was not allowed onto the air bridge and had to park in the middle of the holding area. We were allowed to board as if it were on time, then told the aircraft had a problem and all had to get off while the problem was fixed. To my knowledge not one person was offered any food or drink during the 2 hour wait, not even a drink of water. All in all very poor Jet 2 must try harder 3/10 for effort.

Jet2.com Customer review :  10 March 2014 by R Dewhurst (UK)

Travelled from Blackpool to Tenerife, Feb 18th 2014 returned March 4th. Had delays of more than 30 minutes each way, sat on plane waiting for a battery for a wheelchair to be checked in as owner had been told on booking that the battery could go on board but on arrival at the plane was told it had to go in the hold. Plane full of passengers waiting with plane doors open for at least 35 minutes thought that was the end of it but on return exactly the same thing happened. It certainly was not the customer with the very disabled husbands fault and it certainly was not the rest of the passengers.

Jet2.com Customer review :  26 February 2014 by C Bolton (UK)

Flight from Manchester to Funchal. Unable to land in Funchal because of wind and diverted to Tenerife. Obviously disappointing but all passengers were taken to hotel overnight and under the circumstances I was extremely impressed with how Jet2 looked after everyone. I would recommend to others and always use myself whenever possible!

Jet2.com Customer review :  20 February 2014 by J Gribbin (UK)

I booked flights from Newcastle to Gran Canaria several months ago. I was later advised by Jet2 that we would be calling to collect passengers at East Midlands Airport on the way. That would increase our flight time by 1.5 hours and 1hr 50 mins on return. We requested a refund but were refused. Our flight to Gran Canaria took 6 hrs instead of 4 hrs 15 mins. On return we were made to queue in Las Palmas with everyone from Newcastle (we had online check in and drop off luggage). We were not allowed to buy duty frees because we were taken off the plane at East Midlands. On arrival at East Midlands we were taken off the plane, queued to go through passport control, marched in the rain from arrivals to departures, sent through security and left to find our own way back to the plane. We boarded the plane flew to Newcastle and again had to queue for passport control. Our luggage arrived on the Krakow conveyor belt. The Jet2 staff may as well have been cardboard cut outs.

Jet2.com Customer review :  17 February 2014 by N Wade (UK)

Manchester to Rome return. Booked on-line, site easy to navigate and straight forward, I had to contact their call centre to confirm a request, the staff were professional and friendly. Fast efficient check in at the Jet2 dedicated desks. Aircraft a 737-300, well presented and clean. Requested three in-flight meals, good value for money. Cabin crew looked the part, smart and professional. On the return flight we received the same high level of service from the check in desk and cabin crew, the toasted sandwich meal deal was excellent. On our return the weather conditions at Manchester were a bit lively and the airmanship from the flight crew was excellent. I would use them again.

Jet2.com Customer review :  10 February 2014 by David Messer (UK)

Manchester to Prague return, out 27th Jan, return 30th Jan. This airline is quite poor. When trying to check in online on the 1st attempt it would not allow us to sit together. The only way it would let us do this is by paying more. 2nd attempt finally got the seats together. Check in was fine, got to the plane and found it was a very old 737-300, at least 21 yrs old. The seats are hard and poor. The food on offer was rubbish. There is no sun visor on the windows either. On the way back there was no control at the boarding of the plane so everyone was stuck on the airbridge trying to get on. The same was offered for food. My question is if people do not drive around in 20+ year old cars why is an airline using planes that old. Maybe they should visit easyjet to see how to operate an airline and how to treat people.

Jet2.com Customer review :  13 January 2014 by N Francis (UK)

NCL-TFS-NCL. Booked as part of a decent package deal for some last minute winter sun. We've often flown with Jet2 in the past and have often found them excellent, and this was no exception. Their flights were very well timed so we weren't arriving into Tenerife at some god-awful time of night. The pre-flight add-ons weren't horrendously expensive and the website easy to navigate. We printed boarding passes at home, which meant check in was a breeze. You can both outward and return well in advance, but most passengers appear not to do this, for reasons which are beyond me, clearly preferring a lengthy check in queue rather than the (no queue) fast bag drop. Boarded and departed on time. Onboard, warmly welcomed both directions by friendly experienced crew. The seats are not like sitting on a cloud, but at 6ft tall they were fine even for me for 4.5 hrs. The additional god-send is the inability to recline which made the whole thing very bearable. We pre-booked hot food both ways which was very good and filled a gap. Bags waiting on carousel in Tenerife. Return much the same with zero queue at bag drop, lovely staff and on time departure. The only slight snag was a 40 minute wait for bags in Newcastle. Overall Jet2 is a great company that is a clear example of company able to operate a low cost model while caring about its customers.

Jet2.com Customer review :  8 January 2014 by S Brown (UK)

Returning from Tenerife on 4th January to Glasgow we were boarded early and ready to depart 10 minutes ahead of schedule. The pilot then announced that Brussels air traffic control had told him we would not be leaving until 30 minutes later. We sat back and waited and then the captain decided to tell us that we would be experiencing bad turbulence. As a nervous flyer you can imagine how I felt. We actually did not experience any turbulence. Was there any need to inform the passengers. I arrived in Glasgow with a headache and relieved.

Jet2.com Customer review :  3 January 2014 by D Lightfoot (UK)

Travelled from Glasgow to Tenerife and back in December. All flights either on time or early. Seats are modern and comfortable enough for a 4.5 hour flight. 737-800s nicer than the 300QC used on routes from Edinburgh. Paid extra for legroom for but found sitting at the over wing exits a little cold. I prefer the allocated seating which avoids the usual scrum on boarding. Flights weren't full so plenty of overhead space. Crew were friendly and efficient. No inflight entertainment but I would expect any on a short haul flight. Didn't buy any food or duty free. Will definitely use again.

Jet2.com Customer review :  2 January 2014 by A Wilson (UK)

Horrendous experience both ways Edinburgh to Prague on 27 Dec and on the return on 30 Dec. Was not possible to check in online meaning my husband and I could not be seated together. When we asked staff whether they could rectify this in Prague they said it was our fault for not checking in online, despite the fact their system was down. There was no room for cabin baggage and cabin crew roared at us to place bags that were clearly too big under the seats. Uncomfortable seats and served lukewarm tea. Cabin crew were rude and lacking professionalism. A terrible experience and not one I will ever repeat.

Jet2.com Customer review :  31 December 2013 by Patricia Gill (UK)

Flew from Leeds to Malaga on 14 December and returned 21 December. Usually travel by Ryanair but Jet2 are much better. The young Spanish lady at Malaga took our suitcases, put them on the trolley and wheeled them to the check-in desk. Her help was much appreciated.

Jet2.com Customer review :  29 December 2013 by A Littlejohn (UK)

I travelled today from Alicante to Manchester on flight LS880. All I can say is that whilst the flight had a brief delay through no fault of the airline, the cabin crew were the most helpful and friendly that I have come across on any airline.

Jet2.com Customer review :  23 December 2013 by S Bray (UK)

Seemed to be slightly more leg room than Thomson and Monarch. Efficient check in. Don't like to have to pay more to check in at airport. Old aircraft. Returning from Tenerife to Manchester on 29/11/13 had to land to refuel in Faro. We were told there was a problem with fuel tank - couldn't put sufficient fuel in to get back to UK. Including late take off sat on plane for over 7 hrs, very uncomfortable. At one point only one toilet functioning owing to cabin crew storing rubbish in it.

Jet2.com Customer review :  19 December 2013 by R Hearne (UK)

Recently flew with Jet2 from Leeds Bradford to Newark USA. What a catastrophe, we flew on a 757 that was configured for trip to Majorca, it was too small and hence too crammed. There was no seatback entertainment and the seats themselves were ridiculous for a flight of this length, after a while it was like sitting on a park bench they were that hard! At one stage only one toilet was functional it was so bad it became laughable. All the time we were serenaded with how New York was a fantastic city but expensive so buy your spirits, cigarettes and everything else on board. The flight attendants were ok but seeing one parading up and down the aisle chewing gum and occasionally drinking directly out of a water bottle showed a great deal of contempt for passengers. In summary a disaster, stick to short haul Jet2 because your long haul is awful.

Jet2.com Customer review :  14 December 2013 by J Ross (UK)

See my previous review of Jet2 from Newcastle to Gran Canaria in September 2013, this time round from Glasgow to Gran Canaria was a completely different experience, seemed like a different airline. Superb service from start to finish, boarded early, modern plane, great legroom, friendly and efficient on-board service. The crews from Glasgow work very hard and I'd recommend Jet2 fully if travelling from Glasgow. Could do with a basic (overhead screen) in flight movie but not critical on a journey of 4 hours.

Jet2.com Customer review :  12 December 2013 by Mary Wyllie (UK)

Recently took a holiday to Spain from Edinburgh so please can we have more flights from Edinburgh - it is awful having to go to Glasgow for flights. We often go to Madeira but there is only 1 flight a week from Scotland and that is Glasgow which also means an overnight stay all adding to the costs. We in the east of Scotland certainly love our holidays and Edinburgh is so much more convenient. Good value and flight times.

Jet2.com Customer review :  11 December 2013 by D Henderson (UK)

I flew Blackpool to Faro return, I had booked a meal for both legs of the journey, on the way out everything was fine but I was omitted from the meal list on return trip. I appreciate mistakes can happen and understand that they did not have a spare meal to give me but what annoyed me was I was offered a heated sandwich but I would have to pay for it where I believe it should have been offered free as a mark of good will for their error. The staff I found quite matter of fact and were quite annoying, they said they would give me a customer care card so I could request a refund, the staff had to be reminded on 2 occasions that I did not have this customer care card. Very poor experience from Jet2 and if I had 2 choices of travelling with similar airlines where the price was similar Jet2 would not be my first choice.

Jet2.com Customer review :  9 December 2013 by M Munford (UK)

We had a 7.5 hour delay whilst another aircraft was sent to Paphos for us. However we ended with a night flight and no refreshments on board. The cabin lights went off shortly after take off and as Jet2 planes do not appear to have any entertainment, that was it for 5.5 very boring and rather uncomfortable hours. The cabin staff appeared with some coffee in plastic glasses as we were starting the descent and at row 29 the pilot or first officer announced cabin staff prepare for landing. One of the cabin staff said loudly "hurray" and if trolley pushing was an Olympic sport she would have received a gold medal. We went on a package holiday so we do not know the flight price but I would never fly with them again mainly due to lack of customer care.

Jet2.com Customer review :  9 December 2013 by R Muir (UK)

MAN-ACE return using a Travel Service 737. The interiors and cabin crew were Jet2's own. Clean and comfortable plane, not too cramped. On the outbound we left 30 minutes late but arrived 20 minutes early. On the return we were affected by the major air traffic control problems. We sat on the plane, waiting for a slot. The crew were excellent, offering water to everyone and keeping us posted. Thankfully we weren't too badly delayed, and not the airline's fault. The food menu was fine, mostly hot sandwiches and snacks. £3.50 for a bacon ciabatta and bag of crisps was decent enough. Cheery cabin staff, very efficient but down to earth. Jet2 has a very "northern" atmosphere and feel on board and is no worse for it.

Jet2.com Customer review :  4 December 2013 by W Johnson (UK)

Sunday 24th November, Manchester to Prague. LS887 from Manchester. Absolutely the worst website in class. The site is so slow, it refreshes every simple change you make, pushing the baggage at you - are you sure. Takes so long to book. I use it weekly unfortunately and if there was a realistic alternative I would not use them. Flights to Prague are a ridiculous price, much cheaper to use Lufthansa but unfortunately it's not direct from Manchester. Some weeks are over £300 Lufthansa £211, better service better aircraft, free hold luggage and free snack and drink. The only cheap thing about Jet2 is the service.

Jet2.com Customer review :  13 November 2013 by Ian Fraser (UK)

Flown to Ibiza and Malaga in last two months having been a frequent Jet2 customer this year. All flights basically on time, good staff airport and inflight. jet2 addressing cabin luggage issues on previous flights, by offering free booking of cabin luggage to hold. Still too much luggage in cabin, think they are going to be forced like easyjet to reduce size of cabin luggage. After years of trying to deter hold luggage, low cost airlines now find they cant cope with quantity of cabin luggage, a return to a 5kg maximum will sort out this problem.

Jet2.com Customer review :  12 November 2013 by Danny Jones (UK)

Leeds Bradford to Faro. Checkin smooth, boarding ok, flight outbound was good. cabin crew attentive, seats had plenty of space. Return flight on B757 we were boarded to be told that there was an issue with the fuel tank, so kept on the plane over an hour whilst this was sorted. Once on our way, nice friendly cabin crew and plenty of space.

Jet2.com Customer review :  1 November 2013 by A Smith (UK)

6 of us flew to Alicante Airport from Leeds Bradford early on 26th October 2013. Check in was great, the woman who checked us in said that there weren't any rows of 3 together so asked if we would like to have the extra leg room seats which were on buy one get one free! We paid £28 altogether for the 6 seats which was worth it! We were also told we could check in out hand luggage free of charge if we wanted to but we decided not to as we hadn't brought any other bag to carry through the airport. Boarding was quick and easy. The cabin crew couldn't do enough, assisting with putting baggage into the overhead compartments before you even had a chance to ask! The service of drinks and snacks was quick and easy. Upon landing the cabin crew again assisted with taking baggage from the overhead lockers as quick as possible and we were off the flight within minutes. Overall an excellent flight and a great start to our holiday. We will definitely be flying with jet2 again.

Jet2.com Customer review :  30 October 2013 by A Crew (UK)

Easy online check in and as we had no hold baggage a painless process through the airport. Flight left on time and landed a whole hour early. Cabin crew very good, completing the service quickly and efficiently, Return equally punctual and again, good service onboard. Only slight drawback was that the duty free stocks were very limited and none of what we wanted was available - the crew on the way out blamed this on 'end of season'. Surely the stocks should be kept up whatever the time of year, it all adds to the airline's profit!

Jet2.com Customer review :  29 October 2013 by K Jones (UK)

Comfortable plane with plenty of leg room and reasonable enough prices on food and drink, we were held on runway for 30 minutes and for some reason air-conditioning left off causing cabin temperature of 85oF (according to smartphone app). Most cabin crew ok except for one male crew who was curt, arrogant and rude. Quick and efficient check in at Manchester and Ibiza and overall an ok experience.

Jet2.com Customer review :  29 October 2013 by J Hayes (UK)

Leeds to Las Palmas, 17th Oct 2013. Excellent check in, flight on time, good leg room and very good cabin crew. Las Palmas to Leeds, 24th Oct 2013 flight delayed by 3 hours, replacement plane sent 737-200 very noisy, cabin crew could not be bothered and they seemed to disappear. Aborted landing in Leeds, then said they were going to circle to try again but 15 minutes later landed in Manchester. Had to wait for buses back to Leeds so the delay was really 6 hours. I know delays happen but had we had the cabin crew on the outbound flight I probably would not be posting this comment.

Jet2.com Customer review :  26 October 2013 by Helen Gray (UK)

Malaga to Newcastle, 24th Oct 2013. After reading some of the reviews on this forum I begin to wonder if we were all on Jet 2 flights. I agree that they were on time, cabin staff on both outward and inward flights very pleasant but the aircraft's were decidedly lacking in both space and comfort, Why don't these airlines make it a bit more comfortable for passengers, surely people would pay extra for a decent seat. We paid for extra legroom seat on the way out but could not book any on the flight home. Even with the extra legroom the hard plastic seat are a nightmare. I see that Jet 2 are now offering some long haul flights to New York and Boston, it would be absolutely unbearable to travel that distance in on of their aircraft. No matter how cheap it was I would not consider a flight with them. Also, this particular flight very stressful on the way back when just as we were about to land the pilot aborted the landing. This of course caused myself and others an anxious wait until the pilot eventually said that a bulb was not lit up on the control panel. Thankfully we eventually landed safely but apart from the uncomfortable journey the rundown state of their aircraft would cause me not to use Jet 2 again.

JET2.COM customer reviews Jet2.com Passenger Opinions Jet2.com product Jet2.com service standards