Jet2.com Passenger Reviews and Jet2.com Customer Trip Reports

Jet2.com Customer review :  15 April 2014 by C Napier (UK)

Initially booked a reasonable fare, one way from Malaga to Belfast. Made the mistake by paying in euros as Jet2s Euro / Sterling rate is very uncompetitive, only seen I could have paid in Sterling after I made the booking. We later decided to book on baggage, this was expensive as it meant we had to pay for online check in as well but they do allow 22kg. In the end the whole ticket was more expensive than other options I looked at. When it came to checking in online, the website allocated our 2 seats on opposite sides of the cabin, meaning we had to pay yet more money to select seats so we could sit together. The flight left on time on an old Boeing 737, however the cabin seats have been refurbished, however I found them very uncomfortable. No recline, very thinly padded and little leg room. Cabin crew were very friendly, however they made massive sales pitches for hot meals, duty free and scratch cards, with some announcements lasting a good few minutes. I didn't buy either as I felt I had already been over charged with the whole booking and online checking situation. When booking with Jet2 make sure you know all their hidden costs, the seat allocation and online check in charge are unforgivable.

Jet2.com Customer review :  14 April 2014 by C Cross (UK)

My wife and I were on a flight from Leeds Bradford to Rome (Fiumicino). Flight out was very good and on time. However, my wife has to be gluten free and we chose the meals very carefully. For her we chose the 'all day vegetarian breakfast' listed as GF and V. However, the other bag containing the bread roll and the muffin was just the same as mine - i.e. normal! When you list the meal as okay for GF why is only part of the meal GF - when you are paying for it all! On the flight home back to Leeds the plane was delayed, at no time was any information forthcoming on why and for how long we would be delayed. Not until we boarded the aircraft did the captain inform us the reasons behind the delay. Yes, it was for reasons outside of Jet2's control - but how easy is it to communicate with the waiting passengers - very! My wife ordered 'Rich beef casserole' for the meal back to Leeds - again advertised as GF. Once again, and we were ready for it this time, it came with the same bag of crackers and bread roll and everything the same as I had been given. Once again it is advertised as GF when it is clearing not entirely GF. In this day and age when Gluten Free products are readily available and, more often than not come in air tight long life bags, can you not create a GF bag of bread roll, crackers, muffin, etc. and put them in a different coloured bag that can be easily identified by the crew. It really is not that hard to do and, we as customers are paying for meal - you are not giving it to us for free! Could do much better with regard to GF meals!

Jet2.com Customer review :  31 March 2014 by W Gordon (UK)

EDI-Faro, 28th March. Check in painless with Jet2 using new remote check in and bag drop desks. More than adequate desks open. Aircraft on Main Terminal stand so no remote stand bus to endure. Boarding swift, minimal queue for a full flight. Aircraft fresh interior, seats non reclining which could be classed as a good thing, seat a bit hard but okay for a 3 hour flight. Crew professional, smiling, helpful. Drinks and snacks available. Arrived early in Faro. Good flight.

Jet2.com Customer review :  27 March 2014 by J Keig (UK)

Flew Jet2 to Gran Canaria, outward journey was fine, home bound journey was delayed 2 hours. It was a very old 737-300 and it obviously had a problem when the aircraft landed, as it was not allowed onto the air bridge and had to park in the middle of the holding area. We were allowed to board as if it were on time, then told the aircraft had a problem and all had to get off while the problem was fixed. To my knowledge not one person was offered any food or drink during the 2 hour wait, not even a drink of water. All in all very poor Jet 2 must try harder 3/10 for effort.

Jet2.com Customer review :  10 March 2014 by R Dewhurst (UK)

Travelled from Blackpool to Tenerife, Feb 18th 2014 returned March 4th. Had delays of more than 30 minutes each way, sat on plane waiting for a battery for a wheelchair to be checked in as owner had been told on booking that the battery could go on board but on arrival at the plane was told it had to go in the hold. Plane full of passengers waiting with plane doors open for at least 35 minutes thought that was the end of it but on return exactly the same thing happened. It certainly was not the customer with the very disabled husbands fault and it certainly was not the rest of the passengers.

Jet2.com Customer review :  26 February 2014 by C Bolton (UK)

Flight from Manchester to Funchal. Unable to land in Funchal because of wind and diverted to Tenerife. Obviously disappointing but all passengers were taken to hotel overnight and under the circumstances I was extremely impressed with how Jet2 looked after everyone. I would recommend to others and always use myself whenever possible!

Jet2.com Customer review :  20 February 2014 by J Gribbin (UK)

I booked flights from Newcastle to Gran Canaria several months ago. I was later advised by Jet2 that we would be calling to collect passengers at East Midlands Airport on the way. That would increase our flight time by 1.5 hours and 1hr 50 mins on return. We requested a refund but were refused. Our flight to Gran Canaria took 6 hrs instead of 4 hrs 15 mins. On return we were made to queue in Las Palmas with everyone from Newcastle (we had online check in and drop off luggage). We were not allowed to buy duty frees because we were taken off the plane at East Midlands. On arrival at East Midlands we were taken off the plane, queued to go through passport control, marched in the rain from arrivals to departures, sent through security and left to find our own way back to the plane. We boarded the plane flew to Newcastle and again had to queue for passport control. Our luggage arrived on the Krakow conveyor belt. The Jet2 staff may as well have been cardboard cut outs.

Jet2.com Customer review :  17 February 2014 by N Wade (UK)

Manchester to Rome return. Booked on-line, site easy to navigate and straight forward, I had to contact their call centre to confirm a request, the staff were professional and friendly. Fast efficient check in at the Jet2 dedicated desks. Aircraft a 737-300, well presented and clean. Requested three in-flight meals, good value for money. Cabin crew looked the part, smart and professional. On the return flight we received the same high level of service from the check in desk and cabin crew, the toasted sandwich meal deal was excellent. On our return the weather conditions at Manchester were a bit lively and the airmanship from the flight crew was excellent. I would use them again.

Jet2.com Customer review :  10 February 2014 by David Messer (UK)

Manchester to Prague return, out 27th Jan, return 30th Jan. This airline is quite poor. When trying to check in online on the 1st attempt it would not allow us to sit together. The only way it would let us do this is by paying more. 2nd attempt finally got the seats together. Check in was fine, got to the plane and found it was a very old 737-300, at least 21 yrs old. The seats are hard and poor. The food on offer was rubbish. There is no sun visor on the windows either. On the way back there was no control at the boarding of the plane so everyone was stuck on the airbridge trying to get on. The same was offered for food. My question is if people do not drive around in 20+ year old cars why is an airline using planes that old. Maybe they should visit easyjet to see how to operate an airline and how to treat people.

Jet2.com Customer review :  13 January 2014 by N Francis (UK)

NCL-TFS-NCL. Booked as part of a decent package deal for some last minute winter sun. We've often flown with Jet2 in the past and have often found them excellent, and this was no exception. Their flights were very well timed so we weren't arriving into Tenerife at some god-awful time of night. The pre-flight add-ons weren't horrendously expensive and the website easy to navigate. We printed boarding passes at home, which meant check in was a breeze. You can both outward and return well in advance, but most passengers appear not to do this, for reasons which are beyond me, clearly preferring a lengthy check in queue rather than the (no queue) fast bag drop. Boarded and departed on time. Onboard, warmly welcomed both directions by friendly experienced crew. The seats are not like sitting on a cloud, but at 6ft tall they were fine even for me for 4.5 hrs. The additional god-send is the inability to recline which made the whole thing very bearable. We pre-booked hot food both ways which was very good and filled a gap. Bags waiting on carousel in Tenerife. Return much the same with zero queue at bag drop, lovely staff and on time departure. The only slight snag was a 40 minute wait for bags in Newcastle. Overall Jet2 is a great company that is a clear example of company able to operate a low cost model while caring about its customers.

Jet2.com Customer review :  8 January 2014 by S Brown (UK)

Returning from Tenerife on 4th January to Glasgow we were boarded early and ready to depart 10 minutes ahead of schedule. The pilot then announced that Brussels air traffic control had told him we would not be leaving until 30 minutes later. We sat back and waited and then the captain decided to tell us that we would be experiencing bad turbulence. As a nervous flyer you can imagine how I felt. We actually did not experience any turbulence. Was there any need to inform the passengers. I arrived in Glasgow with a headache and relieved.

Jet2.com Customer review :  3 January 2014 by D Lightfoot (UK)

Travelled from Glasgow to Tenerife and back in December. All flights either on time or early. Seats are modern and comfortable enough for a 4.5 hour flight. 737-800s nicer than the 300QC used on routes from Edinburgh. Paid extra for legroom for but found sitting at the over wing exits a little cold. I prefer the allocated seating which avoids the usual scrum on boarding. Flights weren't full so plenty of overhead space. Crew were friendly and efficient. No inflight entertainment but I would expect any on a short haul flight. Didn't buy any food or duty free. Will definitely use again.

Jet2.com Customer review :  2 January 2014 by A Wilson (UK)

Horrendous experience both ways Edinburgh to Prague on 27 Dec and on the return on 30 Dec. Was not possible to check in online meaning my husband and I could not be seated together. When we asked staff whether they could rectify this in Prague they said it was our fault for not checking in online, despite the fact their system was down. There was no room for cabin baggage and cabin crew roared at us to place bags that were clearly too big under the seats. Uncomfortable seats and served lukewarm tea. Cabin crew were rude and lacking professionalism. A terrible experience and not one I will ever repeat.

Jet2.com Customer review :  31 December 2013 by Patricia Gill (UK)

Flew from Leeds to Malaga on 14 December and returned 21 December. Usually travel by Ryanair but Jet2 are much better. The young Spanish lady at Malaga took our suitcases, put them on the trolley and wheeled them to the check-in desk. Her help was much appreciated.

Jet2.com Customer review :  29 December 2013 by A Littlejohn (UK)

I travelled today from Alicante to Manchester on flight LS880. All I can say is that whilst the flight had a brief delay through no fault of the airline, the cabin crew were the most helpful and friendly that I have come across on any airline.

Jet2.com Customer review :  23 December 2013 by S Bray (UK)

Seemed to be slightly more leg room than Thomson and Monarch. Efficient check in. Don't like to have to pay more to check in at airport. Old aircraft. Returning from Tenerife to Manchester on 29/11/13 had to land to refuel in Faro. We were told there was a problem with fuel tank - couldn't put sufficient fuel in to get back to UK. Including late take off sat on plane for over 7 hrs, very uncomfortable. At one point only one toilet functioning owing to cabin crew storing rubbish in it.

Jet2.com Customer review :  19 December 2013 by R Hearne (UK)

Recently flew with Jet2 from Leeds Bradford to Newark USA. What a catastrophe, we flew on a 757 that was configured for trip to Majorca, it was too small and hence too crammed. There was no seatback entertainment and the seats themselves were ridiculous for a flight of this length, after a while it was like sitting on a park bench they were that hard! At one stage only one toilet was functional it was so bad it became laughable. All the time we were serenaded with how New York was a fantastic city but expensive so buy your spirits, cigarettes and everything else on board. The flight attendants were ok but seeing one parading up and down the aisle chewing gum and occasionally drinking directly out of a water bottle showed a great deal of contempt for passengers. In summary a disaster, stick to short haul Jet2 because your long haul is awful.

Jet2.com Customer review :  14 December 2013 by J Ross (UK)

See my previous review of Jet2 from Newcastle to Gran Canaria in September 2013, this time round from Glasgow to Gran Canaria was a completely different experience, seemed like a different airline. Superb service from start to finish, boarded early, modern plane, great legroom, friendly and efficient on-board service. The crews from Glasgow work very hard and I'd recommend Jet2 fully if travelling from Glasgow. Could do with a basic (overhead screen) in flight movie but not critical on a journey of 4 hours.

Jet2.com Customer review :  12 December 2013 by Mary Wyllie (UK)

Recently took a holiday to Spain from Edinburgh so please can we have more flights from Edinburgh - it is awful having to go to Glasgow for flights. We often go to Madeira but there is only 1 flight a week from Scotland and that is Glasgow which also means an overnight stay all adding to the costs. We in the east of Scotland certainly love our holidays and Edinburgh is so much more convenient. Good value and flight times.

Jet2.com Customer review :  11 December 2013 by D Henderson (UK)

I flew Blackpool to Faro return, I had booked a meal for both legs of the journey, on the way out everything was fine but I was omitted from the meal list on return trip. I appreciate mistakes can happen and understand that they did not have a spare meal to give me but what annoyed me was I was offered a heated sandwich but I would have to pay for it where I believe it should have been offered free as a mark of good will for their error. The staff I found quite matter of fact and were quite annoying, they said they would give me a customer care card so I could request a refund, the staff had to be reminded on 2 occasions that I did not have this customer care card. Very poor experience from Jet2 and if I had 2 choices of travelling with similar airlines where the price was similar Jet2 would not be my first choice.

Jet2.com Customer review :  9 December 2013 by M Munford (UK)

We had a 7.5 hour delay whilst another aircraft was sent to Paphos for us. However we ended with a night flight and no refreshments on board. The cabin lights went off shortly after take off and as Jet2 planes do not appear to have any entertainment, that was it for 5.5 very boring and rather uncomfortable hours. The cabin staff appeared with some coffee in plastic glasses as we were starting the descent and at row 29 the pilot or first officer announced cabin staff prepare for landing. One of the cabin staff said loudly "hurray" and if trolley pushing was an Olympic sport she would have received a gold medal. We went on a package holiday so we do not know the flight price but I would never fly with them again mainly due to lack of customer care.

Jet2.com Customer review :  9 December 2013 by R Muir (UK)

MAN-ACE return using a Travel Service 737. The interiors and cabin crew were Jet2's own. Clean and comfortable plane, not too cramped. On the outbound we left 30 minutes late but arrived 20 minutes early. On the return we were affected by the major air traffic control problems. We sat on the plane, waiting for a slot. The crew were excellent, offering water to everyone and keeping us posted. Thankfully we weren't too badly delayed, and not the airline's fault. The food menu was fine, mostly hot sandwiches and snacks. 3.50 for a bacon ciabatta and bag of crisps was decent enough. Cheery cabin staff, very efficient but down to earth. Jet2 has a very "northern" atmosphere and feel on board and is no worse for it.

Jet2.com Customer review :  4 December 2013 by W Johnson (UK)

Sunday 24th November, Manchester to Prague. LS887 from Manchester. Absolutely the worst website in class. The site is so slow, it refreshes every simple change you make, pushing the baggage at you - are you sure. Takes so long to book. I use it weekly unfortunately and if there was a realistic alternative I would not use them. Flights to Prague are a ridiculous price, much cheaper to use Lufthansa but unfortunately it's not direct from Manchester. Some weeks are over 300 Lufthansa 211, better service better aircraft, free hold luggage and free snack and drink. The only cheap thing about Jet2 is the service.

Jet2.com Customer review :  13 November 2013 by Ian Fraser (UK)

Flown to Ibiza and Malaga in last two months having been a frequent Jet2 customer this year. All flights basically on time, good staff airport and inflight. jet2 addressing cabin luggage issues on previous flights, by offering free booking of cabin luggage to hold. Still too much luggage in cabin, think they are going to be forced like easyjet to reduce size of cabin luggage. After years of trying to deter hold luggage, low cost airlines now find they cant cope with quantity of cabin luggage, a return to a 5kg maximum will sort out this problem.

Jet2.com Customer review :  12 November 2013 by Danny Jones (UK)

Leeds Bradford to Faro. Checkin smooth, boarding ok, flight outbound was good. cabin crew attentive, seats had plenty of space. Return flight on B757 we were boarded to be told that there was an issue with the fuel tank, so kept on the plane over an hour whilst this was sorted. Once on our way, nice friendly cabin crew and plenty of space.

Jet2.com Customer review :  1 November 2013 by A Smith (UK)

6 of us flew to Alicante Airport from Leeds Bradford early on 26th October 2013. Check in was great, the woman who checked us in said that there weren't any rows of 3 together so asked if we would like to have the extra leg room seats which were on buy one get one free! We paid 28 altogether for the 6 seats which was worth it! We were also told we could check in out hand luggage free of charge if we wanted to but we decided not to as we hadn't brought any other bag to carry through the airport. Boarding was quick and easy. The cabin crew couldn't do enough, assisting with putting baggage into the overhead compartments before you even had a chance to ask! The service of drinks and snacks was quick and easy. Upon landing the cabin crew again assisted with taking baggage from the overhead lockers as quick as possible and we were off the flight within minutes. Overall an excellent flight and a great start to our holiday. We will definitely be flying with jet2 again.

Jet2.com Customer review :  30 October 2013 by A Crew (UK)

Easy online check in and as we had no hold baggage a painless process through the airport. Flight left on time and landed a whole hour early. Cabin crew very good, completing the service quickly and efficiently, Return equally punctual and again, good service onboard. Only slight drawback was that the duty free stocks were very limited and none of what we wanted was available - the crew on the way out blamed this on 'end of season'. Surely the stocks should be kept up whatever the time of year, it all adds to the airline's profit!

Jet2.com Customer review :  29 October 2013 by K Jones (UK)

Comfortable plane with plenty of leg room and reasonable enough prices on food and drink, we were held on runway for 30 minutes and for some reason air-conditioning left off causing cabin temperature of 85oF (according to smartphone app). Most cabin crew ok except for one male crew who was curt, arrogant and rude. Quick and efficient check in at Manchester and Ibiza and overall an ok experience.

Jet2.com Customer review :  29 October 2013 by J Hayes (UK)

Leeds to Las Palmas, 17th Oct 2013. Excellent check in, flight on time, good leg room and very good cabin crew. Las Palmas to Leeds, 24th Oct 2013 flight delayed by 3 hours, replacement plane sent 737-200 very noisy, cabin crew could not be bothered and they seemed to disappear. Aborted landing in Leeds, then said they were going to circle to try again but 15 minutes later landed in Manchester. Had to wait for buses back to Leeds so the delay was really 6 hours. I know delays happen but had we had the cabin crew on the outbound flight I probably would not be posting this comment.

Jet2.com Customer review :  26 October 2013 by Helen Gray (UK)

Malaga to Newcastle, 24th Oct 2013. After reading some of the reviews on this forum I begin to wonder if we were all on Jet 2 flights. I agree that they were on time, cabin staff on both outward and inward flights very pleasant but the aircraft's were decidedly lacking in both space and comfort, Why don't these airlines make it a bit more comfortable for passengers, surely people would pay extra for a decent seat. We paid for extra legroom seat on the way out but could not book any on the flight home. Even with the extra legroom the hard plastic seat are a nightmare. I see that Jet 2 are now offering some long haul flights to New York and Boston, it would be absolutely unbearable to travel that distance in on of their aircraft. No matter how cheap it was I would not consider a flight with them. Also, this particular flight very stressful on the way back when just as we were about to land the pilot aborted the landing. This of course caused myself and others an anxious wait until the pilot eventually said that a bulb was not lit up on the control panel. Thankfully we eventually landed safely but apart from the uncomfortable journey the rundown state of their aircraft would cause me not to use Jet 2 again.

JET2.COM customer reviews Jet2.com Passenger Opinions Jet2.com product Jet2.com service standards