Jet2.com Passenger Reviews and Jet2.com Customer Trip Reports

Jet2.com Customer review :  25 July 2013 by Simon Wilkinson (UK)

28th June, Manchester - Malaga. Brilliant Jet2 Crew on a Titan airways flight with loads of leg room, on time and no issues, normal great service that we have come to expect on a Jet2 flight. Came back with Privilege Airlines again good flight on time but not as much room on this plane, there seemed to be some issues with the Jet2 cabin crew and the Privilege crew not getting along. Otherwise again well done Jet2 far better than the other low cost carriers.

Jet2.com Customer review :  25 July 2013 by C Perman (Scotland)

GLA-FCO and return. Very friendly and efficient service at Glasgow check in, with 4 flights going out within minutes of each other. Staff friendly, helpful, and really happy to set us off on a good holiday. Gate staff also very friendly and helpful, and boarding was efficient and very prompt. The young cabin crew on the outward flight were professional and friendly. Nice flight, but seats very basic and only really bearable for a short flight (I wouldn't go to Turkey or Tenerife with them, but Rome was fine). Decent leg room, though. Basic buy-on-board service (which I didn't utilise) was as standard for a low cost carrier; prices weren't too bad. Return flight fine, again quite friendly handling agents in FCO, and a friendly flight crew. Good updates from the cockpit both ways. Baggage arrivals prompt on both flights. If you get a low fare, then they're perfectly fine for a short flight, but if your fare isn't particularly low or you're travelling for longer than 3 hours, I'd probably recommend trying some other airlines. But I'd fly with them again.

Jet2.com Customer review :  18 July 2013 by C Docherty (Scotland)

Newcastle to Alicante on 4th July 2013. Flight was on time, at check in my checked in bag was over 22kg, the person asked if we had hand luggage, we had a small case she said to put it on the scales - both bags together were lass than 32kg so she booked my hand baggage along with my booked in bag at no extra cost, I was most impressed with this.

Jet2.com Customer review :  16 July 2013 by A Jamieson (Scotland)

Leeds Bradford to Split return, flights were on time and very comfortable. Staff were cheerful on both legs of my journey, chatty and helpful throughout. The guys on the return flight had been on the receiving end of a rowdy crowd on the way out to Split, but they were in good humour with us in spite of having had a tough outward journey. Drinks, snacks and pre-ordered meals all acceptable with a reasonable selection on the trolley. The seats are comfortable for this type of short journey and offer a bit more room than other holiday airlines so I have a preference for Jet2 over Thomson/Thomas Cook flights for holidays. Check in at both airports was trouble free. The facilities at Leeds Bradford were excellent too.

Jet2.com Customer review :  16 July 2013 by R Irons (UK)

Manchester to Palma Saturday 29 June 2013. Travelled with family party of party 6 adults and 4 children. 45 Minute delay on tarmac on outbound as power connection failed before engines were started. Had pre-booked seats in rows 16 and 17. Flight experience ruined by boorish loud behaviour of one guy in seat 18D. His inane attempts to impress a group of girls were shouted in a loud voice. This went on throughout the flight despite me asking him to stop shouting on several occasions. The cabin crew were oblivious although everyone in the vicinity were making it perfectly clear they were unhappy. I reported to a flight attendant that he was shouting on his mobile phone after the seatbelt signs were on. She said it was OK as the plane had not pushed back yet, you couldn't make it up. She was scared to tackle him!

Jet2.com Customer review :  15 July 2013 by A Bass (UK)

We flew to Rome Fiumicino from Leeds-Bradford on the 11th April 2013. The flight was brilliant. It was on-time, the cabin crew were friendly and the seats were well cushioned.

Jet2.com Customer review :  12 July 2013 by N Smith (UK)

We are over 65 but are in no way in our dotage. We flew from a quiet Corfu holiday back to Manchester just 4 days ago. I am not complaining about the subcontracting of our flight to "Privilege" but more about the fact that the flight was populated by a large number of ill-mannered lads who seemed to think it was funny to guffaw loudly, and swear without consideration for others.

Jet2.com Customer review :  11 July 2013 by W Paterson (UK)

Manchester to Alicante, 30th June. All in all a good flight. Departure more or less on time, arrived early. Flight staff good except one attendant who was more intent in me sitting down and fastening my seatbelt than dealing with my autistic child who was throwing up. Overall though would recommend.

Jet2.com Customer review :  8 July 2013 by E Smith (UK)

Just back from Menorca with jet2. The flight was one of the best I have been on. Staff were excellent and nothing was a problem. Plenty of leg room and a very comfortable flight. Have been on flights from the UK to USA several times and this was by far the most comfortable plane. Would highly recommend Jet2 and will definitely use them again. It's a shame they don't go to Colorado Springs.

Jet2.com Customer review :  8 July 2013 by Patrick Pollock (UK)

We are frequent flyers with our 10 month old son and recently flew from Glasgow to Rome. I would never fly jet2 again as a result. Firstly at nearly 800, no sign of low fares, secondly although we arrived 2.5 hours prior to the flight with only one person checking in (everyone else had apparently left to board flights) we nearly missed the flight. When we got to the gate which was closing there were 5 jet 2 staff chatting about their weekend! On board we were forced to wake up our child and sit him forwards for takeoff, despite him being buckled in and sleeping already (although it wasn't enforced on the way back!). Staff are rude, unhelpful and spend their time making loud announcements to sell you things, although you cant hear the flight deck announcements. My advice, there are lots of other carriers and Jet2 is one to avoid, particularly when travelling with young kids.

Jet2.com Customer review :  4 July 2013 by Nick Hill (UK)

Flight from East Midlands to Larnaca in Cyprus was on time for both legs. However, this was probably the most uncomfortable flight I have ever experienced - poor legroom, a hard and non-adjustable seat, no headrest, no storage in the seatback in front. This was a relatively modern aircraft - a Boeing 737-800. Do bear in mind that you are confined in this seat for over 4.5 hours to Cyprus and that's just the flying time! Staff were too busy trying to sell snacks, drinks and duty free to attend to the filthy toilets - they even ran out of loo paper after an hour of flight. The final straw was flying in and out of East Midlands: Jet2 clearly use the cheapest most inefficient ground staff as to wait for well over 20 minutes for a bus to the terminal followed by over an hour to get the luggage after landing at 00.45 in the morning. The fact that there is only one other aircraft to unload smacks of inefficiency. The Jet2 staff on hand in the baggage hall were utterly useless and unable to communicate. Jet2 and East Midlands Airport - definitely never again.

Jet2.com Customer review :  4 July 2013 by Wendy Cartwright (UK)

We left East Midlands on 14 May and checked in to be told the plane had changed, we were still given leg room seats so fine, seats were wider than normal low cost. Staff were nice and friendly. Coming home we were delayed an hour as again they had to change planes but I was in no particular hurry. Still again given leg room seats and this is why seat comfort got good instead of excellent. The seat belt was a tiny red belt that would only have fitted a child or someone very slim. We overcame that by sitting in the next empty seat.

Jet2.com Customer review :  2 July 2013 by I Fletcher (UK)

Just returned from Cyprus with Jet2 (23/6/13). Excellent check in both ways around 5 or 6 check in desks open and a Jet2 supervisor directing passengers. Good leg room on the plane (767), friendly cabin crew. Flight on time both ways.

Jet2.com Customer review :  29 June 2013 by Julie Carver (UK)

Travelled with Jet2 many times before with my husband, taking just one item of hold luggage and checking in on- line to keep costs down. Each time when we did on-line check-in our seats had been allocated together. However, beware if travelling with hand luggage only. We flew to Malaga last month with just hand luggage. We went to check-in the day after on-line check in opened and surprise surprise, one seat was allocated at the front and the other at the back. We left it a few days and tried again. Again, you guessed right - we were allocated different seats but still one in row 5 and the other in row 18, even though there were vacant seats in the rows in front or behind on both occasions. We believe this is an underhand way of squeezing more money out of passengers. I would be interested to know if other people have experienced the same.

Jet2.com Customer review :  29 June 2013 by J McAllister (UK)

Blackpool to Lanzarote, 19/06/13. Outbound flight was fine, on time, all went well. Return flight started by being given a letter in Lanzarote saying a stop at Faro will be needed to top up fuel. They were still trying to sell hot drinks on the descent into Faro. Left on the tarmac in Portugal for 55 mins with cabin temps of over 85c and not even offered a drink, I had 2 buy 4 bottles of water. They did not have enough food for passengers, people left without.

Jet2.com Customer review :  26 June 2013 by L Mitchell (UK)

Glasgow to Alicante on 25/5/2013. Check in at both ends took a while, but apart from that the flight was on time, seat comfort was good, lots of leg room, pleasant air stewards, all in all a very good flight and I would use them again.

Jet2.com Customer review :  24 June 2013 by K Mcmartin (Scotland)

Never pre-book leg room seats with this company, this is my 3rd and final time using jet2. I had booked a holiday a full year in advance and pre booked seats (again) only to find we have only got seats requested on outward journey they are totally happy to take your money but again do not provide the service. I certainly wont fly with them again and wont recommend anyone else to.

Jet2.com Customer review :  24 June 2013 by V Skyrme (UK)

Travelled May 23 from Manchester to Dalaman. First time with jet2 and from booking holiday to the flight we found very good service, very polite, helpful staff and plenty of room on plane and reasonable priced food onboard, eg: toastie and crisps 3.50. Only downside I find nowadays is that a lot of people are taking luggage on board and therefore there is not enough overhead space, we were seated near the back of the plane and were waiting to depart at the back, yet people were trying to go the opposite way to collect there luggage, it was standstill until the crew told us to depart!

Jet2.com Customer review :  24 June 2013 by Carol Ann Scott (Scotland)

Glasgow to Barcelona, 3rd June 2013. Took my elderly mother on holiday they couldn't do enough for us, and compared to Thomas Cook, the seats on Jet2 were so roomy and comfortable. Staff were friendly. I can honestly say I would rather fly Jet2 than some of the other airlines.

Jet2.com Reviews Jet2.com Passenger Opinions Jet2.com product Jet2.com service standards