Jet2.com Passenger Reviews and Jet2.com Customer Trip Reports

Jet2.com Customer review :  25 September 2013 by G Walsh (UK)

LS891, Manchester to Lanzarote,10 Sep. LS892, Lanzarote to Manchester,17 Sep. Very impressed with Jet2 normally from the airport check-in and organisation and we particularly like the spaciousness between the seating but this time we had a substitute plane there and back which was really disappointing as very cramped and not what Jet2 advertise, just hope next time we actually get to fly on a Jet2 plane.

Jet2.com Customer review :  23 September 2013 by D Evans (UK)

For the second year running I have booked and paid for seats that have not been allocated to me. My wife is a poor traveller and I book seats especially so she can sit near the window. Twice now we have been seated on opposite aisles.

Jet2.com Customer review :  19 September 2013 by J Ross (UK)

Chose to fly to Las Palmas recently from Newcastle, rather than Glasgow as it was slightly cheaper. Check-in was good, very quick and 22kg limit is appreciated. Flown before with Jet2 and been a pleasant experience, but this time the in-flight service was very poor. Whilst the flights were on time, the plane was old (27years!) and the crew were badly trained and inexperienced, and safety was compromised on the return flight. On the outbound, I'd arranged a champagne gift in advance to my partner and the crew were late in providing it and asked them if they had ordered it - completely lost the surprise! Many other food and drink pre-orders seemed to be given to the wrong people. Very slow food/drinks service, and the crew spent most of the journey in the back galley chatting. Also both landings were dreadfully 'heavy'! Feel bad giving a poor review, and not recommending in this case, as previous experience of Jet2 from Glasgow has been fantastic.

Jet2.com Customer review :  19 September 2013 by Michael Hill (UK)

Flew East Midlands to Palma and return (LS601/LS602). Outward journey ok, but return flight awful. After a 1hr 50 min delay due to plane problem at East Midlands, we were loaded onto a Euro Atlantic 767 plane, it was filthy, the seats were ripped and the Euro Atlantic staff useless. Two jet2 staff attempted to look after the whole plane, they tried to get every passenger food and drink, but didn't manage to get the whole length of the plane in 2.5 hrs, mainly due to the non existent help from the Euro Atlantic staff, even collecting rubbish was too much for them. The two jet2 staff worked very hard but were still getting all the flack from disgruntled passengers while Euro Atlantic standard answer to anything was "see jet2".

Jet2.com Customer review :  18 September 2013 by Jim Scott (UK)

Booked our flight to Bergerac from Leeds early in 2013, we were due to fly out at 6.55 am on 7th Sep and return at 10.30am the following Sat. Some months later we were informed that our flights had been changed to late pm flights, this would not get us to Bergerac until 7.30pm. All this was bad enough but our return flight was put back to 8pm some 9.5 hours later than our original booking. Jet 2 are still advertising great flight times on TV. I have tried to complain but there system just passes the complaint from one department to another.

Jet2.com Customer review :  17 September 2013 by Jane Lucas (UK)

Flew to and from Murcia with Jet2 8th - 15th September, never flown with them again but will be my preferred choice in future where possible. Flight times were good, all flights departed and arrived earlier than expected. All staff - check in and cabin crew - extremely friendly and helpful, polite and hardworking. Leg room was good (I have short legs, but leg room on other carriers still leaves a lot to be desired). 22kg allowance is excellent for a low cost carrier. Also liked the fact that seats don't recline - a real nuisance on other aircraft if you are trying to eat or even balance a drink then someone slams their seat in your lap - not pleasant. Will definitely use again and can't recommend highly enough.

Jet2.com Customer review :  17 September 2013 by M Vaughan (UK)

1 Sep to 12 Sep flew MAN to Dubrovnik. Very good crew on both journeys. Took off on time going and hour late taking off on return due to fog in England but pilots made up half the time. Had breakfast outbound which was very tasty. Planes seemed quite new on both legs 737-800 and good leg room compared to some other nameless carriers! Only grumble was MAN airport on the Sunday morning. Took an hour and thirty mins to get bags and security dealt with. Never seen so much chaos in T1 with people running all over place trying to get flights. Jet 2 must have had 10 flights going out within 0600 and 0730.

Jet2.com Customer review :  16 September 2013 by G South (UK)

Flight from East Midlands to Tenerife. No movement for 2 hrs, flight delayed due to fault with rear door. As I type this we've been sitting on the tarmac for almost another hour. Information scant. Bags have been off loaded for some to join another aircraft. Things taking far too long. No a happy camper.

Jet2.com Customer review :  16 September 2013 by P Graham (UK)

Flight yet to be taken (in a week) but very poor customer service so far. Needed to take essential medical equipment (CPAP) - medical advice is to carry as hand luggage although not needed during flight. (Can't risk it being broken, delayed or lost). Never had a problem with any airline taking this in the cabin as well as usual hand luggage previously - including the well known budget airlines. However, Jet2 say that this bag has to be included in the hand luggage allowance and they say squash the medical equipment in a hand luggage bag or pay for a hold bag to put your usual hand luggage allowance in. I really would prefer not to have the need for this equipment in the first place but I think it is quite appalling that Jet2 's stance serves to increase the cost of a flight through this. It is very unlikely I will use Jet2 again.

Jet2.com Customer review :  16 September 2013 by S Roberts (UK)

16th August, flight LS917 and flew back on 26th August, flight LS918. Just returned from a package holiday for 10 days to Tenerife on 26th August with Jet2 and we had no problems at all. Check in at Manchester was smooth, quick and efficient. Check in staff extremely friendly and helpful. Planes very clean, spacious and plenty of leg room. Cabin crew worked very hard to meet everyone's needs. Take off and landing very smooth. Plane was on time both going out to Tenerife and then arriving back to Manchester. Would recommend Jet2.

Jet2.com Customer review :  13 September 2013 by A Hassall (UK)

I have flown with Jet2 on 3 occasions this summer. Most recent flight was 8th Sep 2013, from Venice Marco Polo - Manchester, on flight LS802. Compared to a few other low-cost airlines, I find their website and booking process far superior, the 22kg baggage allowance exceptional, and the flight time much more pleasant - no getting up at 3.30am required!I have not yet sampled the food so cannot comment on that. Seats aren't all that comfortable, but tolerable for short haul only. All flights so far have been punctual with polite airport and cabin crew.

Jet2.com Customer review :  11 September 2013 by C Horrox (UK)

Just been to Mallorca with jet2 and was a breeze. Flew back with Ryanair - never again! Staff are friendly, aircraft comfortable and food lovely (if a tad expensive).

Jet2.com Customer review :  10 September 2013 by Tim Sellicks (UK)

Flew out to Faro, on 18th August from East Midlands, 757-200. Flight on time, staff try hard, seats different to most LCC, a little on the firm side, however great legroom, which is a trade off. Return Faro-East Midlands on the 30th August on ex Ansett 737-300 combi. Flight again on time. Aircraft pre-historic, however well maintained and the interior was pleasant enough. Have no complaints as the flights were on time, fares weren't particularly good, and we did book early, however that's the case with Faro and school holidays. Jet2 certainly seem to work their aircraft, the age of the aircraft and their reliability (having read other reviews on here) does concern me for any future flights to Faro.

Jet2.com Customer review :  9 September 2013 by W Connolly (UK)

flew from East Midlands to Dalaman in Turkey. Good flight, bit more leg room than other airlines, impressed by the fact that the seats don't recline, got fed up with people in front reclining their seats when your trying to eat. Just booked with them again for the second time.

Jet2.com Customer review :  6 September 2013 by Genda Smith (UK)

Flown with jet2 quite a few times and have no complaints whatsoever. Recently flew to Rome on July 18th from Leeds Bradford. I would fly with them again at the drop of a hat where it is possible. Staff were lovely and I loved the leg room which you don't get with most airlines.

Jet2.com Customer review :  5 September 2013 by Pearce Eddie (UK)

Just returned from a week's holiday in Rhodes and flew with Jet2 from East Midlands. We had checked in on line and only needed to check in luggage. Very quick, friendly and efficient. Flew on a 757 and there was far more legroom than we had anticipated. We had pre-booked a bottle of champagne for the outward flight and within 20 minutes of take-off a flight attendant asked when we would like it served, and then even congratulated us on our anniversary when she brought it to us. There were even champagne flutes! Excellent service. Return flight was equally good, prompt, friendly and efficient. We had not booked a meal on the outward flight but had done so for the return. Our previous experience of budget airline food meant that our expectations weren't particularly high, but we were pleasantly surprised by the quality of the meal. All this coupled with good flight times and a generous luggage allowance means that we will definitely fly with Jet2.com in the future.

Jet2.com Customer review :  30 August 2013 by A Quinne (UK)

Poor seat quality with very thin coverings and no recline. Staff spent far too long trying to sell you products. Expensive fares and pretty inflexible on being 1kg over on luggage. For the price I would rather fly with a national carrier or go easyjet which is much better. Jet2 only marginally better than Ryanair!

Jet2.com Customer review :  30 August 2013 by N Richardson (UK)

Belfast-Palma-Belfast. Flew out of Belfast on time. We had pre-booked seats at the front so we could have a quick exit at Palma airport. The seats were very uncomfortable as they are padded and as you move the padding moves. The tray table is very small considering the size of boxes they use for their inflight meals. The meal itself was just ok with being very dry for a breakfast. The cabin crew where friendly but seamed to be force in flight services. Coming home from Palma was a disaster we were give 3 gates before getting the right one. Jet2 flights go out of terminal A. We were given gate A5 then A13 followed by a hidden gate down a set of stairs. Stuck on the plane 1 hour before departure, the cabin crew were rude and slammed food in to your hands, the meal was tasteless.

Jet2.com Customer review :  30 August 2013 by J Lancaster (UK)

Just arrived home after a month in Spain, travelled with Jet 2 from Manchester to Murcia, the staff were outstanding from start to finish so courteous and helpful. I would strongly recommend flying with Jet2.

Jet2.com Customer review :  30 August 2013 by A Richardson (UK)

Manchester to Paphos (Titan Airways on behalf of Jet2). We were advised, after booking extra legroom seats, that all seats would be 28 inch pitch. I was rather concerned as I'm 6ft tall but I need not have worried. Whilst they are not the best seats in the world, my knees didn't touch the seat in front. On the return leg the aircraft was far from clean with the floor littered with crisps but given the tight turnaround I suppose I shouldn't find this surprising. Both flights were on time, the staff were friendly and helpful and the flight times were good. They are certainly my airline of choice for my Cyprus trips.

Jet2.com Customer review :  29 August 2013 by P Minty (UK)

Flew to Dalaman, Turkey from Newcastle on 16th June 2013. I have used Jet 2 for a lot of flights to Turkey previously and have always had a meal both ways, this time however, the meals served were awful, cost was 20 and the food was a disgrace and I was unable to eat it. Feel that perhaps the provider has changed but I certainly will not be ordering meals on board again. Otherwise have no complaints about Jet2 and have always had very good punctual flights. The only other issue was when waiting to be booked in with case in Dalaman (although I should only have had to go to bag drop as booked in online) desk closed without any warning and I stood in the queue for 1.5 hrs. Jet 2 rep present was unable to advise or assist and her manner was quite alarming in comparison to the other Jet 2 staff I have met. These two issues have made me more aware that issues are not always dealt with in a nice manner.

Jet2.com Customer review :  27 August 2013 by Stuart Clapham (UK)

LBA to ALC. Very friendly service right from arrival at the airport to landing in ALC. For some reason unable to check in online, but the Jet2 representative at the airport directed us without fuss to the check-in desk where we checked in for free. Virtually no queuing for anything - check-in, security or to board. Old plane (737-300) but had recently been refitted and looked good. Relatively cheap and good quality food (3.50 for a sandwich). Massively worth paying more for Jet2 than enduring the indignity of Ryanair.

Jet2.com Reviews Jet2.com Passenger Opinions Jet2.com product Jet2.com service standards