Jet2.com Passenger Reviews and Jet2.com Customer Trip Reports

Jet2.com Customer review :  21 September 2012 by H Hinks    (UK)

Have just returned from Corfu and flew with Jet2.com for the first time. Very impressed with meet and greet at East Midlands airport, check-in staff helpful and cheerful and a smooth flight (which arrived early) with attentive cabin crew. Return flight also very good. We will certainly book again.

Jet2.com Customer review :  18 September 2012 by Kathleen Muir    (UK)

We have just returned from Majorca , we flew from Manchester. Customer service was excellent, check in was fast and hassle free, flight was comfortable and plenty of legroom which is a big plus for me on flights. From the check in staff to cabin crew I must say they were very efficient, friendly, and extremely helpful - we did have a problem (our making not theirs) and they tried their best to help us in every way. Would I use them again? Most certainly!

Jet2.com Customer review :  18 September 2012 by S Dixon    (UK)

NCL-MJV and MJV-NCL. Both flights departed on time and arrived ahead of schedule. Aircraft's are old (much older than EasyJet or Ryanair) but the cabin interiors are very new, with excellent leg room and comfortable seats for a budget airline. Staff friendly and attentive to call requests. My only issue with the airline is that they spend a lot of time advertising their products on the tanoy system. The speakers are really loud and it's impossible to get to sleep during the first 1hr -1hr 30 mins of the flight. Departure time back to NCL was excellent - basically had a whole extra day of holiday.

Jet2.com Customer review :  18 September 2012 by Nick McCready    (Northern Ireland)

Travelled Jet2 return Belfast to Murcia 2nd September 2012, printed off boarding passes from home and allocated seats both ways, check in hold 'bag drop' hitch free, usual snails pace to get through Belfast security search area. (Boeing 737) flight left on time very friendly and hard working air crew, comfortable seats with great leg room. Return from Murcia, quick check-in and very fast through Murcia security search area, aircraft slightly delayed same aircraft type, once again very pleasant hard working crew.

Jet2.com Customer review :  17 September 2012 by M Vaughan    (UK)

Just returned MAN to Lanzarote. A very good flight both ways, crew and flight attendants all polite and professional. Seats and interior of planes seem to have had a refit. Toilets all working and clean. No entertainment but did hire the hand held entertainment system. Very good value for money with only a small delay going out.

Jet2.com Customer review :  17 September 2012 by Adrian Skinner    (UK)

Flown 4 times with Jet2. On 3 occasions major delays - the latest was 5 hours plus return to 'wrong' airport, the longest 24 hours. All were due to mechanical failure. Once is happenstance, twice coincidence, 3 times they are not capable of running an air transport company efficiently.

Jet2.com Customer review :  11 September 2012 by Robin Pepper    (UK)

Having booked a round trip to Dalaman Turkey and pre-booked seats and online check-in, we found that we were not given the seats that we had booked and paid for either way and the online check-in was a joke. We were told to use the normal check in desk at East Midland Airport and the same thing happened at Dalaman on our return flight. We have paid for pre-booking our seats 23-96 and we paid 24.00 online check in charge. It now seems that the only way that we can telephone to complain is by using a Premium Rate phone number.

Jet2.com Customer review :  11 September 2012 by D Harrison    (UK)

Recently back from Palma. Flew from Blackpool. Checked in online, the queue was a bit longer than I expected, but no real problem for me. The staff there were helpful and friendly. The only downside of the airport itself is paying the airport development fee which, as I was politely told by a Jet2 member of staff, is on the Jet2 website when you book and paid to the airport and not the airlines. I must confess, I missed the bit on their website that tells you about the fee when I booked, but I looked again when I came back, it was there, so my fault for not reading properly. Apart from that I found the whole experience with JET2 rather good and would definitely fly with them again.

Jet2.com Customer review :  10 September 2012 by L Wilson    (UK)

Flight to Rome from Glasgow was fine. Check in at Rome a nightmare, not open when we arrived, a long queue and no bag drop off open so we all had to wait on check in opening and then only one desk, then eventually 2. Why did we print our own boarding pass when they took them ripped them up and issued new ones? Long queues at gate and a problem with a name on a boarding pass with someone in front caused a delay to get on the bus. Why do they say that only one bag and its to be a certain size when people come with suitcases. Not enough space to get them in though the overhead lockers. We were delayed for an hour because of a mistake with passenger list and see that is often a problem. Also these flights are not cheap, they charge for everything.

Jet2.com Customer review :  10 September 2012 by E Crookston    (UK)

I fly regularly with Jet2 to Murcia san Javier as they are the only company to fly from Edinburgh. On this trip the return flight was delayed by and hour which wasn't too bad. I always find Jet2 staff to be nice and helpful and have no real complaints other than their aircraft's are so old. I have been on and had gaps in the ceiling stuffed with kitchen paper to catch the drips of condensation. As a bit of a nervous flyer it doesn't fill me with joy when I see these things and puts me off flying with them.

Jet2.com Customer review :  5 September 2012 by Ian McLuckie    (UK)

A generally ok experience was ruined by being charged an extortionate amount for a group of 7 of us after I made the mistake of not printing off the return trip boarding passes for a recent visit to Portugal. The so- called admin fee was charged 7 times over on the return trip. Ironically when we did our bag drop on departure from East Midlands, the boarding passes I had managed to print were torn up in front of me and the check-in staff printed their own. A lesson to all - don't make a simple mistake when travelling with Jet2 as a group.

Jet2.com Customer review :  5 September 2012 by A Gray    (UK)

Just returned with my family to Newcastle, from Tenerife, 15 hours late. Informed that aircraft had arrived Tenerife, at 8pm, having experienced an in-flight technical fault. Return flight at 9.30pm finally cancelled at 11.00pm. Parts we were informed being flown out from UK. Coached at 12.30am, to overnight accommodation. Temperatures 28deg + but accommodated in non-air conditioned hotel, in a very noisy resort. To Jet2's credit, they flew out a replacement aircraft when it was found that the original aircraft could not be repaired as expected. This is the second 12 hour + delay we have experienced with Jet2 - and we've only flown with them twice! We would not consider flying Jet2 again, certainly not until they start to provide modern, reliable aircraft on their services.

Jet2.com Customer review :  4 September 2012 by Luke Chafer    (UK)

Glasgow to Dalaman return. Got back on Wednesday 29th. The cabin crew were friendly and happy to help. Delayed both ways which was the only bad thing, however they made up the time and we arrived on time both ways. Enough legroom for the flights and was clean. Hopefully will be flying with them again depending on the price.

Jet2.com Customer review :  30 August 2012 by F Whitehead    (UK)

LBA - Nice Return. Flown Jet 2 on a few occasions and have had absolutely no problems whatsoever with them. You have your major airlines and your budget airlines - in terms of experience I'd put Jet2 in the middle (better than your standard budget airline for the cost). Both flights on time and no problems with boarding etc. Had in flight meal going out (breakfast), worth the 7 with a hot breakfast, fruit, muffin and a "starbucks" coffee. Cabin crew friendly and communication from the captain excellent. Seats are comfortable enough for short haul.

Jet2.com Customer review :  29 August 2012 by J Taylor    (UK)

Booked with Jet2 for holiday to Lanzarote. Got back 2 days ago after a brilliant time. The booking of the holiday itself was so easy online. The flight experience was nearly perfect, apart from a small delay going out. Staff were pleasant and organised. The meals were tasty. Definitely give them a 9.5 out of 10.

Jet2.com Customer review :  29 August 2012 by P Smythe    (UK)

We've flown 5 times with this airline - twice to Split, twice to Hungary, once to Tel Aviv. The flights have never ever left on time - delays have ranged from 30 minutes to two hours. The planes seem very old - on 4 occasions, we flew in black and white. Seriously though - Jet2 have an ancient fleet compared with Easyjet or Ryanair, and the planes have a higher rate of mechanical problems as a result. Our return flight from Budapest was the last straw - our first attempt to land in Budapest was aborted because of problems with the landing gear. So - ancient planes, frequent delays. Use Ryanair or Easyjet instead.

Jet2.com Customer review :  29 August 2012 by S Fairchild    (UK)

Travelled from Leeds Bradford to Palma. 7am flight so had to be at the airport early. Plenty of staff on hand so check in only took a couple of mins. Flight was very comfy. Exactly the same on way back. Will use jet2 again in the future. Highly recommended.

Jet2.com Customer review :  29 August 2012 by Andy Clements    (UK)

East Midlands to Palma Majorca. The whole process from checking in online, baggage drop, on time departures, Jet2 staff were very friendly. First time I have flown with Jet2 and I would highly recommend a fantastic experience!

Jet2.com Customer review :  29 August 2012 by Paul Vickers    (UK)

Flight from M/cr to Paris for our honeymoon. Outward flight fine. Return 5 hours late. Informed of this half an hour before boarding was due. I asked what the reason for this delay was and was told by an extremely aggressive staff member that it was due to a plane breaking down in Nice. We took this flight as it was supposed to arrive at 19h25 on the Monday. We both had work 05h30 the next day and we also wanted to arrive early enough to catch a train home rather than pay for a taxi. We arrived home at half one in the morning having handed over 60 to a taxi driver. Don't risk it.

Jet2.com Customer review :  24 August 2012 by Anthony Smith    (UK)

Newcastle (NCL) - Heraklion (HER) return both Boeing 757-200. Flight was early outbound, friendly cabin crew at the door and gate to assist you to your seats, inflight entertainment was portable televisions you paid 7 for the full flight, which was decent. Landing in Heraklion was fine, baggage came quick and the cabin crew said goodbye and thank you to everyone. On return, the engines failed at the runway so we could not depart, the air conditioning was broken so everyone was wafting the Jet2 safety cards which made a racket, and when the engines started and air con was fixed, we departed and the captain apologized and offered everyone a free drink! Arrival in Newcastle was early, baggage took 40 mins to get to belt. Overall good experience with Jet2 and will defiantly fly again.

Jet2.com Customer review :  24 August 2012 by S Warner    (UK)

Travelled with husband and our parents from LBA to Malaga 15.8.12 - 22.8.12. Outward journey delayed 45 mins due to faulty aircraft - inward journey delayed 3 hours due to aircraft breakdown. On way back people sent to gate to queue 1 hour before boarding - hot and uncomfortable in boarding area. We had to queue again in the walkway to the plane - very hot - no need for that number of people to be herded inside as boarding was in stages and staff could have waited until the walkway was clear before sending next customers. Attitude of staff - dreadful. Communication - dreadful. Will never use this airline again - just not good enough.

Jet2.com Customer review :  23 August 2012 by K Mcmartin    (UK)

We also pre-booked extra leg room seats only to find when checking in online we were separated, after a quick phone call we were allocated new seats without a problem. We also found baggage check in at Glasgow and Palma very quick and efficient with pleasant and helpful staff. I would certainly use jet2 again in fact have booked to go to turkey in October.

Jet2.com Customer review :  23 August 2012 by D Tse    (UK)

MAN-FCO. I have never heard of Jet2.com until we travelled as a group on company ticket. It seems to be the only airline connecting Manchester and Rome directly. It is a 'budget' airline - so I didn't come with any high expectations. Food and drinks on board were just fine. Though the airliner could do with less in-flight announcements to make the journey more peaceful.

Jet2.com Customer review :  20 August 2012 by G Williams    (UK)

Manchester to Dalaman July 2012. Both flights on time. Very friendly staff. Same staff on return flight two weeks later and still very friendly. Clean and modern planes. Paid extra for extra leg room on outbound journey (rows 1-8) and these were really comfortable. In row 11 on return journey and this was equally as comfortable. More leg room than Thomas Cook flight I did recently. Would use again and would recommend.

Jet2.com Customer review :  15 August 2012 by P Johnston    (UK)

Return to Palma in Majorca from Manchester Airport. Got to the departure gate and was pleasantly surprised to find a fairly small queue, made easier because it was allocated seating so not the usual big scramble you get with Easyjet. Although we hadn't paid for extra legroom, they upgraded us to the emergency exit row to accommodate another large group. The only drawback was that we were by the only working toilets on the plane so had a queue of people stood by us all flight.. The seats weren't particularly comfortable and I wouldn't fancy more than three hours in them. The plane was a refitted 757-200 which must have been about 25 years old. Flight was pleasant enough with drinks and snacks not too extortionate and we had a sandwich on the return leg which was more than passable. Had the very rear seats coming back which were more cramped and would be painful for people taller and wider than us. Both flights were on time and all the crew were helpful and friendly. Certainly better than Ryanair, although the age of the fleet means the flight wasn't as comfortable as Easyjet.

Jet2.com Customer review :  13 August 2012 by A Kelly    (UK)

Booked our flight and seats from LBA to Cyprus - paid for extra leg room and the 6 seats together, arrived at the airport to find our seats had been reallocated. Jet2 agreed to give us our original booked seats but when we got on the flight and our original seats were taken and the air crew were a waste of time. I will never use Jet2 again. Was a frequent flyer but we stopped as it is always the same excuse.

Jet2.com Customer review :  10 August 2012 by Elizabeth Hampson    (UK)

On a flight Manchester to Venice I had booked to do online booking and as such only paid the 20 per suitcase. I then discovered I was unable to get onto the website, I contacted my booking office who said they had put a note on my booking that would enable us to check in at the airport free of charge. 3 days before we left I again contacted the booking office and was assured all was dealt with. On arrival at Manchester the queues were piling up and the minute we got to the check in we stopped our queue completely. The note had not been put on the booking, she knew nothing about it and wanted extra money from us. I showed her the email but she didn't have authority to pass us on. After 20 minutes the supervisor arrived and agreed we should pass through, no money to pay. She asked the girl to put a note on our booking for the return journey. Our return journey from Venice, everyone arrived 3 hours beforehand, hot with nowhere to sit. I dreaded getting to the desk! We were all fed up of waiting around in a space that was far too small for the queues. When our turn came the girl asked us for money as we hadn't paid at Manchester either! Yet again, out came the email which she read, after much deliberation she also let us through.

Jet2.com Customer review :  9 August 2012 by Michael P Fryer    (UK)

Flight from Manchester to Dubrovnik, 24th June. Despite flight being delayed by 4 hours at Manchester with faulty nose wheel on an old A320, baggage not loaded, and not received at Dubrovnick. Spent whole of 7 day island cruise without own clothes and personal items, having to buy essentials in country in day before cruise started. No Jet2 Agent at Dubrovnik, and reception by their staff at Manchester off hand. Only means of contacting Customer Service is by post or e-mail. Jet2 take at least 35 days to respond in full. Totally unacceptable.

Jet2.com Customer review :  9 August 2012 by Patrick O'Boyle    (UK)

My wife and I booked a holiday to Portugal departing 11/06/12 returning 22/06/2012. We booked and paid for extra leg room. When we arrived at Manchester airport we were advised that Jet2 had sub contracted this flight to a Spanish airline and that the plane was still in Madrid. When we boarded the plane it was obvious that there were no seats with extra leg room. Return flight exactly the same. There was no in flight entertainment and airline staff blamed the airport staff for not advising us of the change. We have been trying since 22/06/12 to get a refund from Jet2 without success.

Jet2.com Customer review :  8 August 2012 by L Bossons    (UK)

Travelled on June 30th to Majorca from Leeds Bradford. Flight out 50 mins delay. No explanation. Flight was good, when we got there we got our luggage and went to the shuttle bus, we sat for 2 hours before leaving for our destination. Beautiful 7 days holiday then the nightmare began. On the 7th July, arrived back at the airport at 6.45pm for our flight (LS228) at 9.20pm to find our flight was cancelled until 3.45am the next day. Given a ten euro voucher for food each. Told flight was delayed due to the bad weather the previous evening in Leeds. Eventually flew at 5am (7 hrs 50 mins delay). Was upset because Thomas Cook who had a similar flight into Leeds Bradford airport diverted to Manchester and transferred customers by coach to Leeds. Was told that I had to put my complaint in writing.

Jet2.com Customer review :  8 August 2012 by D Beresford    (UK)

Flight delay 6 hours Leeds-Barcelona, little information, updates and far too many drunks on the flight making the whole experience for my family very unpleasant. Please can we have an airline to be proud of at Leeds Bradford airport.

Jet2.com Customer review :  8 August 2012 by Edward Holt    (UK)

If you can book another carrier, do so! I paid extra to select our seats well in advance of departure date. I got email from jet2 to check in online. I noticed they had changed all our seats, and separated us! I phoned them - no acceptable answer - just that "the computer did it!" I asked for refund of the extra cost I paid for the original seats - not allowed - no refunds are possible!! So they charge you and don't deliver. What a shambles! A fine way for Jet2 to send us on holiday.

Jet2.com Customer review :  8 August 2012 by P Nolan    (UK)

Flew from Rome to Manchester. Ground staff at Rome Check-in were the slowest I've ever encountered. Was charged 33 Euros for a boarding pass printout and 61 Euros for 1 suitcase! We then waited an hour on the tarmac with door open in 35 degrees as numbers didn't tally. To top it all, the bag I paid for never made it onto the plane and I'm still waiting for it to be delivered 2 days later!

Jet2.com Customer review :  3 August 2012 by Carol Graves    (UK)

I've just returned from my first Jet2 package holiday. Unlike most packages we weren't pestered with holiday reps trying to sell trips. My only complaint was that when we got to the airport we were sent to the coach - we hurried in case we were keeping them waiting as my bag had been the last off the carousel. We sat on the bus for 40 minutes. When we were eventually about to set off to the hotels I asked the rep what the hold up had been. She said we'd been waiting for another flight to come in! I wouldn't have minded if she'd told us we'd be waiting all that time, but just to leave people sat around is not acceptable.

Jet2.com Customer review :  2 August 2012 by D Bingham    (UK)

LBA-SXF-LBA for a weekend with my wife, online check-in LBA-SXF and no bags meant quick transit through security to a 5 minute early departure with a 20 minute early arrival in SXF. Onboard prices are comparable with U2/FR/TCX and the crew were friendly enough. Return left SXF 10 minutes early and arrived in LBA 30 minutes early with friendly crew with little upselling. The seats and legroom are fine for the short sectors we flew, the planes on both legs were clean and perfectly up to the task. The offshore handling agents perhaps need more briefing, chaotic check-in, but on the whole a good experience.

Jet2.com Customer review :  26 July 2012 by R Carr    (New Zealand)

Manchester to Rome on flight LS791 on May 3rd 2012. The flight was good, the plane was tidy, we departed and arrived into Rome on schedule. Booked this flight on March 11th and noted on the booking confirmation that we needed to print our booking pass's from 28 to 5 days before the flight or pay an additional charge. We went to Australia and returned to NZ just before our departure date in April to find computer problems did not allow us to print the boarding pass. We were charged pounds sterling 17.50 each to print out the boarding pass which I feel is steep after you have already paid pounds sterling 46.07 covering online booking fee, reserved seats fee, payment card fee, booking fee. We knew we were in for a further charge due to circumstances not allowing us to comply with the check in directive on the booking confirmation but after paying pounds 46.07 already we did not expect to be fleeced with another cost of 35 pounds. 10 pounds would have even seemed high as this was the online booking cost. It is a pity that what seems a good airline and certainly one who provides in our opinion a good flight could loss clients by boarding costs they wish to charge.

Jet2.com Customer review :  26 July 2012 by Elisabeth Fitzsimmons    (UK)

Waited 50 minutes to check in. Flight called and we were put in a queue outside in temperature over 40 degrees centigrade. Waited 30 minutes in this heat. No reason for this - we could have waited in the airport. Embarked on the aircraft and sat with doors open and no air-conditioning for a further 25 minutes. This treatment of customers is not acceptable.

Jet2.com Customer review :  25 July 2012 by R Gilmour    (UK)

My wife and I recently flew from Glasgow to Paphos on the so called 9am flight. Despite all passengers being on board by 8.50 am, we were advised the aircraft did not have a "slot" until 9.45am. As a matter of interest, I've checked subsequent flights each Sunday since the start of June and the average delay is between 30 and 40 minutes. Just checked this mornings flight and it took off at 9.50am. It's bad enough enduring a five hour flight without having to wait another 45minutes before you even take-off. Why do they advertise a 9am take off time when it seldom happens.

Jet2.com Customer review :  23 July 2012 by J Warren    (UK)

Faro to Leeds 7 July 2012. Flight due to leave 10.50 hrs, delayed by 3.5 hours allegedly due to faulty navigation equipment. Jet2 knew about this at 06.30 hrs yet passengers only notified at 09.50 hrs when many were in boarding area and unable to return to other side of barrier. Staff unhelpful and couldn't seem to care less. After much cajoling eventually Jet2 staff agreed to escort us back through passport control and security. Offered a 6 euro voucher - hardly adequate. To make matters worse, once on board, jet2 advised us that there was insufficient refreshments available, although plenty of scratch cards and expensive gifts to purchase! Haven't flown Jet2 for about 5 years and very surprised at how they have deteriorated.

Jet2.com Customer review :  23 July 2012 by Alasdair Lawson    (UK)

My son arrived for his Jet2 flight from Leeds/Bradford to Venice more than 45 minutes before departure (Jet 2 state check in should be a minimum 40 minutes before) and was promptly told he wasn't allowed to board. Whilst I appreciate this was cutting it a bit fine there was sufficient time to check his bag in and he had already paid to check in online! Not very impressed with the pedantic staff or the various additional charges added to the advertised ticket price. Unfortunately my son had to book another Jet2 flight, this time from Newcastle in order to get to his destination today. This will definitely be the last as neither he nor I will use this airline again!

Jet2.com Customer review :  23 July 2012 by I Flaxman    (UK)

I have flown with this airline 4 times in the last 5 months and have been delayed in excess of 4 hours twice and over an hour on the other flights. Having just been in Leeds Bradford 'International' Airport, the departure screen showed 6 of 7 Jet2 flights delayed. I believe this is due to several mechanical failures, which is hardly confidence inspiring.

Jet2.com Customer review :  17 July 2012 by C Mcandrew    (UK)

Edinburgh-Faro return. Paid 2200 (family of 4) for a direct flight, some 500 more than a 2-leg flight with BA or Lufthansa. Disappointed to discover that Jet2 craft were 25-year old rust-buckets which, despite trendy red and grey leather makeovers, still rattled. Combine that with miserable cabin crew, air-con stuck at mid- December and seats which provided no buttock support and you have the makings of a fairly unsatisfactory experience. Next time, will ignore the family's calls for a direct flight, go with the "500 less" option even if it does take a couple of hours longer.

Jet2.com Customer review :  16 July 2012 by Craig Millar    (UK)

I have used Jet2 for my last 5 flights but would seriously consider another airline from now on. Flew back from Alicante on 11/07/12 on the 12.05 flight. It was an hour late taking off due to a problem with the remote air conditioner. The plane was stifling hot and when people asked for a drink of water the cabin crew refused. When we eventually got under way they had the audacity to charge 1.80 for a small bottle of water. The captain did apologise for the delay but the cabin crew made you feel as though they were doing you a favour.

Jet2.com Customer review :  16 July 2012 by A Gibbons    (UK)

Truly awful customer service. Got a return trip from Manchester to Prague. Outbound flight delayed by an hour due to an aircraft fault - not so bad as it was a Thursday early evening flight so didn't impact too much on the trip. Cabin crew were helpful and friendly. Return leg on Sunday evening, due to depart at 20.05, was delayed by 5 hours and we were only told about this half an hour after we got to the airport. They knew about it the previous day because it was caused by an aircraft going completely out of service in Gran Canaria. So standards of aircraft maintenance are obviously not the greatest! In total we had to spend 7 hours in Prague airport and all we got was a 255 Kc voucher each, worth about 7. The airport restaurants are expensive so this didn't go very far. Eventually got home at 3am when we both had to go to work the next day. The very least they could have done is text or emailed us when they knew they'd be an aircraft down, 24 hours before the flight, and we could have spent more time in Prague. I got a text at 20.08, three minutes after the flight was due to take off. Brilliant. Never flying with this lot again.

Jet2.com Reviews Jet2.com Passenger Opinions Jet2.com product Jet2.com service standards