Jet Airways Customer Reviews and Jet Airways Passenger Trip Reports

WATCH the Jet Airways Cabin Product and Service experience videos

Jet Airways Customer review :  23 October 2014 by R Bell    (Thailand)

LHR-BOM and BOM-BKK on 9W119/9W062 on 8th/9th October. Usual ice cream before arrival in BOM always comes as a welcome surprise, but despite the 9-hour flight being only half-full, cabin crew failed to bring round any drinks, apart from the main drink/meal-service, passengers were expected to go and fetch their own from the galley. Is Jet now a self-service airline ? Perhaps the cabin-crew might tell us they won't be serving any extra drinks, and to come and get our own, in future? Gate-allocation for BOM-BKK was changed at least twice, from 85A (written on boarding-pass) to 85C (on flight-departure screens) to 85B (eventually found after sitting waiting at the wrong gate for 30 mins), it was a shambles which can only cause passengers worry or even cause them to miss boarding. If this happens again, perhaps Jet might actually announce it over the speakers, or send staff to alert passengers still waiting at the previously-indicated gates?

Jet Airways Customer review :  21 October 2014 by A Goei    (The Netherlands)

Kuwait to Mumbai on 28 September 2014. Only 2 toilets available for all economy passengers, toilets soon dirty, not cleaned. Uncomfortable seats. As soon as plane landed in Mumbai and still moving fast, seat belts were opened and passengers started pulling bags out of the overhead lockers. Staff's reaction was late and not effective. Then pulling, shoving and pushing to get out of airplane first, window seat passengers elbowing their way past aisle seat passengers, chaos reigned. Never again Jet Airways!

Jet Airways Customer review :  9 October 2014 by S Naidu    (UAE)

A friend and I had to go to Kozhikode in April 2014 for my brother's wedding. We came from Dubai, and had to take the 11.35 flight from Mumbai to Kozhikode on 8 April 2014. The function was at 18:30 the same evening. We approached the check-in counter well in advance at 9:45 and made to wait for about 20 minutes without being told why. We're then told the flight is overbooked and were asked to wait until 11:00. At 11:00 told that we cannot board the flight because it is overbooked. Overbooking flights is understandable. Most airlines do it. However, with Jet Airways, we were given a bad alternative considering our situation, "compensation" of INR 3000 and told to take the 13:25 flight to Kochi, and a 5 hour drive to Kozhikode from there. Not the best option for 2 girls who aren't familiar with the city. And guess what, we face the inconvenience, and we pay and arrange for all this. We were told that they would approach passengers to find out if anyone is willing to give up their seats. As it turns out, this was not true, because we had another friend on the same flight who mentioned this situation to passengers who were indeed willing to give up their seats. We were told that we would be assisted by Jet Airways staff at the Kochi airport, with the taxi bookings. Didn't happen. While overbooking flights is normal, the way Jet Airways handled this situation is unacceptable. At the end of it, we had the impression that they did not take us seriously at the Mumbai airport. Very bad service at the Mumbai airport, and non-existent service at Kochi airport. Unless I have absolutely no choice, I would never choose this airline again.

Jet Airways Customer review :  7 September 2014 by N Mona    (Kuwait)

I traveled Jet Airways economy with my husband from Kuwait to Mumbai. We had only two pieces of checked in baggage, weighing totally 17 kgs. The flight was very cramped. No foot rest. Keeping the legs down with no support was very uncomfortable. There was no legroom, the front seat passenger reclined his seat and it almost hit my face. More bad news awaited us at Mumbai airport. We waited for our luggage, only one piece arrived. After waiting for almost 45 minutes, we saw that the message displayed last bag. There were many people still waiting but none of our baggage came. When we went to the Jet airways counter, they simply said that our luggage had been offloaded due to the plane being overloaded. No compensation offered. We had no option but to give the details of our baggage that was still stuck at Kuwait airport. After all this, we had to keep calling customer relations number that was provided regarding our baggage only to be told time and again that it was still in Kuwait and they had no idea when the baggage would arrive.

Jet Airways Customer review :  2 September 2014 by S Chowdhury    (Canada)

Flight 121 on August 16th. London to Delhi then a domestic flight. Wasn't pleased at all. Entertainment selection was very poor but that didn't concern me much. Seats were okay. Toilets were not as clean and not at all fresh from the very beginning of the flight. Attitude of the crew were as if they wished they didn't have to serve the passengers. Not even once any of them said "welcome" or smiled to my "thank you" which I said out of habit every time any of them served me. Food was tasteless. Coffee was served cold both times. Trays was cleared much later after passengers were done eating. Some had to get out of their seat to go to the washroom and had to go through some "acrobatic" moves to get out of the seat holding up their food tray. Some already fall a sleep before the crew cleared the trays. At breakfast, we were served only with a piece of cake and a small serving of fruits and cold coffee. It looked to me there was an empty space on the tray to serve breakfast item but nothing came. I strongly suspect that either they "forgot" to serve it or they were too late to serve the entree so skipped it all together. The time between dinner and breakfast was long on a 8 hours 30 minutes flight. No other snacks / drinks were offered in between. Crew totally ignored the call button and my loud enough "excuse me", more than twice. Horrible, terrible customer service. The crew were a disgrace. I am dreading my 9 hours 35 minutes return flight from Mumbai to London on Sunday 1:40am. If I can help it, depending on my schedule, I might not fly Jet Airways again.

Jet Airways Customer review :  15 August 2014 by L Whittaker    (UK)

Was very worried about travelling with Jet after reading the reviews, but was pleasantly surprised. Staff were pleasant food was good, plane toilets clean, in fact we had four very pleasant flights from London to Mumbai, then Mumbai to Sri Lanka and back. Jet was cheaper than the other airlines and proved to be good value for money. All that we want is a pleasant safe journey. I can understand that if you want a choice of food and extra large seats then Jet may not be the airline for you but I would definitely say don't worry about all that you read give them a try and make up your own mind.

Jet Airways Customer review :  15 August 2014 by A Sijapati    (USA)

DEL-KTM. I have always used Jet Airways whenever possible to adjust in my flight legs. I find their service to be better than other Indian carriers (or international carriers for that matter). Their selection of IFE is huge and diverse. The aircraft is newer than most European/American carriers, and thus have more advanced features like larger screens, easy navigation/selection etc. The food selection is also nice and include a combination of both regional and international meal options. Finally, the group and air crew service, attitude and willingness to help stands out. They are courteous and have a good deal of professionals, makes you feel you're in good hands. I would fly Jet whenever possible!

Jet Airways Customer review :  12 August 2014 by Rajiv Khanna    (UK)

Flew LHR-DEL, July 2014. Service was awful. Toilets were dirty. Food served was stale and badly presented. Staff were very apologetic but could do nothing and blamed their caterers. When we landed, I wanted to complain but the ground staff said there was nothing they could do. Gave me an email address to write to. I duly wrote to them and nothing since, not even an acknowledgement. Never again will I fly this airline.

Jet Airways Customer review :  7 August 2014 by Sheela Shah    (UK)

Have been travelling Jet Airways business class London-Mumbai frequently since 2005. This year, I have been very disappointed. Dirty toilets with non-functional soap-dispensers, toasted sandwich snack served cold! Delay in clearing trays to entrap one down, seemingly forever, poor announcements in the airport lounge area, apathetic cabin crew, unilaterally working headphones and the last-straw - allocated seats being occupied by "upgraded" economy class customers. Poor show all around!

Jet Airways Customer review :  4 August 2014 by S Valkenburg    (Australia)

I was quite sceptical about flying Jet Airways after reading all the negative reviews so I was pleasantly surprised on both legs of my flight Singapore-Delhi-Singapore. The plane was clean, seats comfortable, food very good and inflight entertainment excellent. The staff were attentive and were there when needed. If this is the standard then I will definitely fly with Jet Airways again.

Jet Airways Customer review :  4 August 2014 by V Sitaraman    (India)

SIN-Chennai on 19 July 2014 on 9W21. Flying an international route of Jet after 4 years. Flight was on time. Aged aircraft that should not have been flown on an overseas route. Seats cushions were so thin that it felt like sitting on a metal seat. Leg room was totally inadequate for a 4 hour flight. Wonder if seat pitch was just 29". Food was reasonably good but standard of service seems to have gone down in the last 4 years. Jet should definitely fly newer planes with better interiors and seat pitch on international routes.

Jet Airways Customer review :  30 July 2014 by Manveen Rana    (UK)

Travelled on Jet from Heathrow to Delhi 3 months back. To be honest I don't know the difference between this airline and the poor standards of Air India. The seats were rock hard and cramped and I had to put a pillow underneath. So uncomfortable. Food was very bland and nothing special. Service was slow. The only good thing were the young pretty girls of Jet Airways.

Jet Airways Customer review :  30 July 2014 by Dinesh Parakh    (Canada)

We've been flying Jet Airways for a number of years, both international and domestic (India) routes. Staff is friendly and helpful, and seem pleased to be of assistance, they are certainly not surly like some airline attendants. It is small touches that makes flights on Jet Airways satisfying. Hand lotions in the economy class bathrooms, toilets equipped with bidets, an extensive selection of vegetarian menus (oriental, Jain, Hindu, vegan, etc), art-house and hard-to-find movies on the entertainment system. If Jet Airways was part of Star Alliance, it would be one of my first choices.

Jet Airways Customer review :  21 July 2014 by M van der Vaart    (Belgium)

Traveled with them Brussels-Newark-Brussels. Online check-in was not possible, service at the check in desk was OK but by the time we boarded one of our seats was broken and did not recline. The flight attendants did nothing to make up for this. After the return flight some luggage was lost, and after calling the office at Brussels airport for 2 days I received an email address from them. It has been 2 months and I am still waiting for a reply. I am appalled by the lack of quality in their customer service.

Jet Airways Customer review :  18 July 2014 by Noon Elizabeth    (UK)

Flying from Newcastle to Malaga - great flight. Return journey - paid 59 euros as 4 kilos over on cases (did not buy anything extra that weighed that). Pilot informed us we had missed our slot so we had to wait another 30 minutes. He then informed us that there was no air conditioning another 30 minutes wait - some passengers did receive water from staff but not all - thought we were travelling with Ryanair.

Jet Airways Customer review :  18 July 2014 by D Cronin    (UK)

I would first mention that I have been a fairly frequent customer of Jet Airways over the last 7 years, and generally find the company to be welcoming and efficient. This morning I flew JetKonnect 9W 2348 from LEH to Delhi. JetKonnect appears to be a low-cost arm of Jet Airways though, in my opinion, it does not seem to be very clearly differentiated from the main company in its marketing. I paid a very high fare for a one-hour flight sector in India. Despite having checked-in on-line the previous day, and arriving at the airport 2 hours before the scheduled departure time with a printed boarding pass, I had to queue for more than 45 minutes in a poorly managed, utterly chaotic check-in area. There was no separate bag drop for already checked-in passengers. On eventually reaching the check-in desk I was told that I was 7 kilos over the 15kg checked-baggage allowance and had to pay an additional INR2000 in excess baggage charges. However, I was 1kg under the 7kg cabin baggage allowance. I was invited to transfer 1kg of items from my checked luggage to my cabin baggage in order to save myself 1kg (INR300) excess baggage charge! This was hardly appropriate in the hectic environment, and it seemed a nonsense not to combine the checked-baggage and cabin-baggage weight allowance. After all, what difference does it make whether the total baggage allowance is carried as cabin or hold baggage? Given the very high fare charged by JetKonnect, the hold-baggage allowance of 15kg seemed unreasonably low compared to industry standard of 20kg or 23kg. I was transiting to an international flight on another airline at Delhi airport, and my hold-baggage was under-allowance for that flight. In order to complete the excess baggage payment I had to negotiate my way back through the security check-point to the terminal entrance where the Jet Airways ticket desk was located, and then repeat the lengthy entry security check to return to the check-in desk. After dropping my checked baggage I proceeded to a long queue at the boarding gate. On eventually reaching the boarding point I was told to go back to a hold-baggage sorting area to identify my bag before it was loaded onto the aircraft. This unusual procedure had not been advised by the check-in agent, and I saw numerous other passengers being turned back, like myself, to complete this task, which had not been explained to them. It was therefore no surprise that the departure of the flight was delayed because of hopelessly inefficient ground handling. The flight itself was entirely uneventful, but the experience at LEH airport was truly dreadful and, judging by the comments of other customers, my experience was not isolated.

Jet Airways Customer review :  11 July 2014 by J Smith    (USA)

I flew from Chicago to London (United) and London to Mumbai followed by another trip from Mumbai to Hong Kong and return all the way back. It was my first experience with the airline and was a little nervous as the reviews were not that great. But surprisingly my flights were almost on-time. The food was delicious and satisfying. Alcohol was available whenever needed (a big plus point). The seat was comfortable. The only negative throughout the itinerary, was at London Heathrow where there was some chaos, but that too was not the airline's fault at all. Things to improve can be probably: the staff could be a little more visible when needed, and use of better headphones to go with the great entertainment system. I have traveled on the Mumbai-London route a lot, and Jet Airways is definitely up there.

Jet Airways Customer review :  9 July 2014 by Michael Dielissen    (Canada)

I flew YYZ-BRU-YYZ in May and this was my second trip on Jet Airways. I have flown to Europe on KLM, BA and Air France so I am comparing my experience with these airlines rather than other Asia carriers. Price - The price to Brussels on Jet Airways was about 20% cheaper than the Business Class fares on the carriers mentioned above that would have met my itinerary requirements. I usually book 2-3 months in advance and keep an eye out for seat sales etc. Lounge - At Pearson, Jet Airways is in Terminal 1 and shares the lounge with Air Canada. In Brussels they have their own lounge which caters more to the Indian taste. (Not that I mind, I enjoyed chicken wasabi sandwiches). Priority Services - The priority boarding has improved since my last trip in November, especially on the Brussels site. I had no trouble accessing the gate agent and boarding the plane. InFlight - The inflight service is very well done, the meals tasty, a good selection of entertainment and fully flat sears for sleeping, with sheets and comforter. Comparison to other carriers - I would say that other than price, each one of the other carriers I have flown are better in one respect but not the others. Jet Airways is number 2 in all the categories for me which makes it an all around good experience and is why as long as they are the same price or cheaper I will fly them over the other choices. (BA has the best seat, but the worst food, the worst airport to transit, ok service - Air France has the best food, but I don't like the seats, KLM usually has the best service, but the worst seats).

Jet Airways Customer review :  9 July 2014 by Purna Ananth    (India)

9W 75, HKG-BOM: They really need to do something about their cabin crew. They had 4 crew serving Economy. The crew were plainly incompetent and not interested. No smiles, no greeting, no warmth. They were badly groomed. They couldn't bother to serve my VLML meal even though it was listed in their manifest until I had to insist that they search for it. They never came by with a tray of drinks/water for the second time on a 5+ hr flight. They could not be bothered do the pre-flight checks and during take-off and landing. On the plus side, the A330-200 cabin was clean, leg room was OK, not great. Flight was on time and piloting was good.

Jet Airways Customer review :  9 July 2014 by Purna Ananth    (India)

9W 10, BOM-SIN. First the good news - check-in was quick, flight was on time. Next the bad part - they really ought to stop flying a 737-800 for 6 hours on this route. Seats were cramped, entertainment was poor and the cabin crew though friendly were pathetic. They did not have the VLML meal that I had pre-ordered and confirmed with them twice before the flight. They forgot to serve the bread with the meal and one lady came by sheepishly with it after people had finished eating. Clearly their cabin crew training standards are dubious, so is their catering.

Jet Airways Customer review :  7 July 2014 by M Passi    (India)

9W 121 London to Delhi. Flight was scheduled to depart at 8.45 pm on June 30th but took off at 6pm on July 1. I travelled on the Delhi-London-Delhi sector and was shocked at the poor service provided by Jet Airways. The flight was over booked and late. Then finally we all boarded (there was no signage for where to board for the economy class passengers) amidst some confusion. The Captain then announced that there was a technical error and it would soon be fixed. This continued for over four hours until we were finally deplaned at 1 am. In this interim we were served dinner. The crew was not available or responding to any call bells for water etc. They just kept ignoring all passengers, even the elderly and those with children. After we were deplaned the nightmare continued. It took two hours for the ground staff to arrange hotel accommodation and in the interim they refused to tell us which hotels etc. We were expected to empathise with them! Clearly they were unprepared and had not thought ahead to plan for such a situation. We lost a night and a full working day as well. Terrible experience and the worst was the attitude of Jet Airways.

Jet Airways Customer review :  4 July 2014 by Didier Nemery    (Belgium)

Flew with Jet Airways this week Brussels to Newark. Although we had a good experience five years ago on the same leg, their service has substantially deteriorated over time. Rude, unresponsive flight attendants who could not care less about passengers, poor to indecent meal quality, chaotic seat allocation (we were a family of 4 and we were scattered all across the A330, online check in the day before departure did not let us reserve seats, saying "no seating available"). Unhelpful staff at Brussels airport. To sum it up, extremely disappointed. Would not fly Jet Airways again and would certainly not recommend.

Jet Airways Customer review :  4 July 2014 by Vikram Pathania    (India)

I boarded the Jet flight from Delhi to Heathrow at 1pm. The take off was scheduled for 1.45 but we were informed that there would be a short delay due to a technical glitch. The delay stretched on and we sat on the tarmac until close to 2.45 with no further information. Some lucky passengers got drinks (many did not) and no food was served. Then we were informed that the technical glitch would take several hours and that we would be deplaned. It took another half hour to get us off the plane and then complete chaos reigned. There were no instructions on what to do next or where to go. There were 2-3 Jet ground staff members surrounded by knots of increasingly angry passengers demanding guidance. The Jet ground staff appeared totally clueless on how to handle the situation. One staff member said we would get new boarding passes (not clear where) while another said that the Delhi based folks should go home and come back at 11 for a 2.15 flight. There were many passengers who were from outside Delhi or who were tourists/visitors who had checked out of their hotels - they were told that hotels would be arranged. There was no protocol, no clear communication - utter chaos. It went on this way all the way to the airport exit - when I left at 5PM, there were still several passengers (including elderly folks) waiting for a coach to take them to a nearby hotel. I have noticed a sharp fall in the service quality at Jet - the staff used to be friendly and competent about 10 years ago but have become brusque, dismissive, and unpleasant besides increasingly incompetent in recent years. Awful experience.

Jet Airways Customer review :  13 June 2014 by K Morris    (New Zealand)

Six flights. Bangkok to Mumbai to Kolkata to Bagdogra, returned two weeks later. I had first booked a direct flight from Bangkok to Kolkata, but two weeks later Jet Airways made a schedule change and simply emailed me to tell me that the Bangkok - Kolkata flights were cancelled, with no information about where I stand in regards refunds and rebooking. However, I phoned a phone number here in New Zealand and the consultant worked hard to come up with a suitable alternative for me, which meant longer flights and less sleep, but ensured that I got to where I needed to be and charged me no extra. I got the feeling that running on time was very important to the airline, one leg was 10 minutes late and it was made clear to us that it was due to a late inbound aircraft due to congested air traffic (ie: not Jet Airways' fault). They hurried us through boarding so that time could be made up. Food and staff were fine, check-in staff very helpful and friendly. Ironically, at the slightest bump in the sky seat-belt sign was on and we were told to remain in our seats, yet prior to take-off staff didn't come and check seat-belts, and also a passenger two seats over from me was busy talking on her phone during take-off and staff didn't address this even though the safety briefing had been very clear. There was no in-flight entertainment on the planes I took, and the seats didn't recline, but good service otherwise.

Jet Airways Customer review :  11 June 2014 by C D Sudarshan    (UK)

I was supposed to fly on flight 9W117 from LHR to HYD via Mumbai. The flight was cancelled due to technical problems with the aircraft. Such things are entirely understandable. But right from the way this information was delivered to the way the 300+ dislodged passengers were handled was simply appalling. Those with kids and the elderly were not looked after well. Those who kicked up a lot of fuss were given seats in the next flight. After waiting for 4 hrs on a queue I have been re-routed with BA and I will be attending the conference two days late with having to request a reschedule of my talk. My bag was not given back to me! The treatment I have received so far by the BA staff is simply excellent. Never again Jet Airways!

Jet Airways Customer review :  9 June 2014 by Alex Chaligne    (Canada)

Round-trip from Toronto to New Delhi via Brussels in May 2014. The plane was on time, but the flight attendants were rude. They never smiled or wanted to exchange pleasantries. The seats were cramped and tight. I was traveling with my husband, and our journey to New Delhi was completed without much hassle. On our way back to Toronto, we were seated in two different seats and was told at the counter that the flights were full and they wouldn't change our seats. On boarding the same rude flight attendants greeted us. The only time we saw them smiling was when we were leaving the plane. On boarding we noticed that it was not only us who were seated separately, almost all the couples had the same issue, fortunately we were able to exchange seats. This was the same problem on the flight from Brussels to Toronto. The food we received was of substandard quality when compared to other airlines. The fruit tray they served for breakfast had mould on the fruit. The inflight entertainment system had very few movies, we listened to our iPod instead. Ground staff at New Delhi Airport were rude and not helpful. They need considerable improvements in organizing their seats and other basic things, like training flight attendants to international standards.

Jet Airways Customer review :  6 June 2014 by S O'Neill    (Canada)

We flew Jet Airways doing a round trip Toronto-Brussels. We were a family of 9 (3 generations) and this was our 1st experience with this airline. We were pleasantly surprised after reading such negative reviews. Flight attendants were helpful and courteous, seats were adequate, food was fine and our flights were on time and we arrived safely. I do not know what people expect, our needs were met, it was an overall pleasant experience.

Jet Airways Customer review :  5 June 2014 by Yadav Unnati    (Netherlands)

I flew from Mumbai to Brussels and did not have a pleasant experience at all. Food items were spoiled, coffee cups were not clean. Seats were uncomfortably squeezed in size. Entertainment facilities was good. I will surely think twice before booking jet again.

Jet Airways Customer review :  5 June 2014 by K Ip    (Hong Kong)

I was traveling in Business class all the way from Hong Kong to London, via Mumbai. I would say the service was not that poor as someone said. However their entertainment system must be improved, choices were very limited. Had to listen to my own music to kill time.

Jet Airways Customer review :  5 June 2014 by S Akshay    (USA)

Mumbai to Newark. 15th March and return 22nd April. It is the worst of all Indian carriers. The seats were dirty and the ground staff were unfriendly. The Vegetarian food was awful. The entertainment system feels like it hasn't been updated in the last few years. Pay extra and do not travel on this airline.

Jet Airways Customer review :  5 June 2014 by M Pai    (UK)

I flew whilst 30 weeks pregnant, with my husband and 2.5 year old toddler from Mumbai to London. The cabin crew were rude - I requested an additional pillow - not available apparently! 2 of the toilets on the flight were out of order but I saw cabin crew using it! Food quantity was pathetic - we had pre-ordered hindu non veg meal - told it was not available, when mentioned we had pre-ordered they finally turned up with it. The quality of children's meal was awful. Jet Airways cabin crew made the whole journey unpleasant!

Jet Airways Customer review :  3 June 2014 by Karen Magill    (Singapore)

I recently did a flight from Singapore through Delhi to London. The first leg was not all pleasant. The actual flight was smooth but the service was very disappointing. It was as though the passengers were an irritation, particularly to the male crew members. My in-flight entertainment system didn't work at all, but when I asked about this, shoulders were shrugged. I asked for an extra bread roll, having just seen a bag of spare ones being carried to the galley, to be told it was not possible. My half a cup of coffee was perfunctorily poured with a grunt. Happily, the second leg was much better although the seats seemed badly padded and were not comfortable when compared to other airlines. Staff certainly did not seem to be happy in their work, but were at least polite. If Jet Airways want to be seen as a world class airline, they need to be more consistent and realise that their business relies on satisfied customers. I have taken other Jet journeys over the last five years and had better experiences but this last one means that I shall think seriously before using them again.

Jet Airways Customer review :  3 June 2014 by Sam Skariah    (India)

I flew Trivandrum-Abu Dhabi-Kuwait on 24th May. Other than the seats being slightly cramped, I found the whole experience a pleasant one. The stop over in Abu Dhabi was a little haywire and needs to be tightened up. The flight arrived earlier than the scheduled time of arrival. The entertainment and food was pretty good as well. So overall, I'd give it a 7 out of 10.

Jet Airways Customer review :  30 May 2014 by A Kyprianou    (UK)

I fly LHR-DEL-DAC every month. In the Air Jet are very good: seats, service, food, on-time flights and staff are all a very good standard. On the ground Jet are a disaster - don't ever bother trying to make contact or get any sense out of staff and as for the air-miles dept, the Jet Privilege office has non-existent service.

Jet Airways Customer review :  27 May 2014 by M Khan    (Saudi Arabia)

I fly the JED-BOM route often on business class. The flight is usually fine without issues. But my question is this: since Jet Airways has the highest ticket prices, why can't they afford to hire an airport lounge at Jeddah? Do they really have to use a a quarter photocopied page as a voucher for executive travelers to get a meal at the common cafeteria?

Jet Airways Customer review :  21 May 2014 by P Dinodia    (India)

I used Jet Airways to go to Singapore for a conference in May 2014. I was disabled this particular trip with a dislocated knee. I was flying Business class and had already placed a special assistance request at the time of booking the ticket. i was also a Jet airways frequent flyer. My experience was so bad / awful that I never want to travel this airline ever again. There was no assistance provided. The wheelchair took forever to come at the Delhi airport. The person pushing the wheelchair left me in the lounge and disappeared. When final call started being announced, my father had to push my wheelchair and carry the hand luggage to the flight. On flight and at check in when we asked them if a message had been sent to Singapore for a wheelchair to be available at the landing station, but the staff was rude and unhelpful. On flight they were even worse! On the way back the staff at check in at Singapore said they could not get me a wheelchair and scoffed at me and my crutches and told me to walk. The immigration security officer saw me and asked me why I was not being assisted - he not only took me through immigration himself but arranged a Singapore Airport Authority person to get a wheelchair in 2 minutes and assist me.

Jet Airways Customer review :  14 May 2014 by Majid Alda    (UAE)

I flew DXB-BOM-DXB and both times I had exit row seats. Had a great time with crew as they were very nice and helpful. Had a good experience in regards to travel and food.

Jet Airways Customer review :  12 May 2014 by Anup Abraham    (UAE)

Flight 9W561 and 9W562. SHJ-COK-SHJ. Paid for a full service. Got budget airline service. No inflight entertainment at all. I understand the cost includes that as well. It was not mentioned at any time during the booking. Later found one line tucked in cheekily deep inside their website.

Jet Airways Customer review :  12 May 2014 by Nilam Ramkrishna    (UK)

Flight 9w0344 on 7th May, Baroda to Mumbai. Flight 9W 0120,Mumbai to London Heathrow on 8th May. After asking staff for an extended seatbelt twice I didn't get one so was without a belt from Baroda to Mumbai. Whilst on board from Mumbai to UK we did not get a proper meal, we had a snack and breakfast! I had my disabled daughter with me. When going from UK to India she had a wheelchair without any trouble it was not the same coming back. I had to keep asking for one. Very disappointed with the service.

Jet Airways Customer review :  11 May 2014 by K Dilip    (USA)

Great airline, stewards and stewardesses. Good food but the flight from Chennai to Singapore was nothing short of appalling in terms of aircraft condition. I was in Seat 2A and the edge of side of the seat was broken and patched with industrial tape! When the passenger pushed his seat to a recline position (and these are not flat beds) he knocked back my food tray and my video. It also made coming out of my seat to visit the toilet very tough. Such a good airline, flying international and its business class seats are rubbish and patched with tape!

Jet Airways Customer review :  7 May 2014 by Mark Perera    (Hong Kong)

Flew from Hong Kong to Kathmandu via Mumbai. The flight to Mumbai was decent but on the way back I was a little taken aback by the service. There were flight attendants shouting at people and when I asked for water I was told very rudely to wait. Mumbai airport was an utter nightmare with men and women searched and separated upon landing, not to mention the mosquitoes which were everywhere. I would highly recommend flying via Delhi which we did on the return and it was a more pleasurable experience. Seats were large enough otherwise and food was alright. Would not recommend unless you have a very cheap ticket.

Jet Airways Customer review :  4 May 2014 by Patel Rishad    (India)

Flew from Delhi to Pune and from Mumbai to Jodhpur on Jet. Check in at Delhi was poor as the web check in counter was shut although there were many departures. Flight to Pune was comfortable as I had the first row. Bombay to jodhpur check in good with web check in fast and efficient. Flight was on time and crew okay. Food on Jet is quite awful and must improve.

Jet Airways Customer review :  1 May 2014 by Thiyagarajan Niranjan    (UK)

Chennai to London via Mumbai. My flight from Mumbai was scheduled to take off at 1.40am IST and land in London at 6.45am GMT. I had planned another flight from London to Stuttgart at 8.45am GMT (2 hours later) keeping in mind check out, immigration and check in time. The flight from Mumbai took off 4 hours later at 5.40 in the morning. Now, I have been on flights that have been delayed and it is no new experience for me. What was new for me though was the way in which the whole issue was dealt with. The first officer announced 10 minutes before scheduled departure that the flight was being delayed 15 minutes due to maintenance checks. Almost 30 minutes later the Captain came on and said that there were delays and due to a technical check we would be delayed by a further 30 minutes. Almost an hour later, we were told that there are even further delays and through out the entire time span, the passengers were left absolutely clueless. Never ever before have I been on a flight where the ETA on the flight information screen was only shared with passengers on the Inflight Entertainment 30 minutes before landing. This is the first and the last time that I will fly Jet Airways.

Jet Airways Customer review :  30 April 2014 by A Rochard    (Canada)

YYZ-BRU in economy. Plane was on time, facilities were ok, staff were hard to find outside service times. The absolute worst thing about the experience were the other passengers. They all seemed to be high-maintenance passengers: really elderly people and many bawling and screaming infants. The children did not stop screaming all the way to and from Brussels. I would have expected this on a low cost charter airline, but this took me by surprise. Of course the staff did little or nothing to help keep things calm, you just had to grin and bear it or spend the $500 for an upgrade to Premiere class.

Jet Airways Customer review :  22 April 2014 by T Jones    (UK)

9W119, LHR-BOM, 5th April. Flight was on time, cabin crew attentive. Downsides were that the seats on the Boeing 777 weren't the most comfortable in the world and the food wasn't fantastic either. It took 1.5 hours for our baggage to come through at Mumbai so even though we arrived an hour early at about 22.30, we didn't leave until midnight. 9W618, CCU-BOM, 21st April. Almost exactly the same although the food was better. 9W118, BOM-LHR, 21st April. Flight was delayed by over an hour because the wind changed and they had to dump 13 tonnes of cargo (thankfully not the luggage). It was very turbulent almost all the way and the cabin crew had to sit down quite a lot but they still managed to get round the cabin 4 times to serve drinks and food. Inflight entertainment was a little sparse, but it kept me entertained for 8 hours so can't complain.

Jet Airways Customer review :  22 April 2014 by Paula Loguda    (USA)

We recently flew Jet BC from Mumbai to Newark through Brussels. Plane was in decent repair and comfortable. Good AVOD. Nice blanket and duvet. Impoverished amenities kit and only offered on 1st leg. FAs were well groomed and attentive. Limited selection but decent champagne/wines. But Jet served the worst food (choosing non veg) I have ever received on an airline. It bordered on inedible. One meal had an empty plate on it! They will not be internationally competitive with this cuisine, especially on the Brussels-Mumbai leg. Buffet in Brussels lounge was primarily Indian cuisine.

Jet Airways Customer review :  22 April 2014 by A Williams    (UK)

I certainly wouldn't fly with this airline again. I had possibly the worst flight experience in all my years of travelling. Non existent fight attendants resulting in a large party of young travellers helping themselves to vast quantities of booze. As a result, I ended up without a seat and the crew kept fobbing me off saying they were trying to sort it. I was left standing for 2.5 hours. Absolutely unacceptable. Never will they get my business again.

Jet Airways Customer review :  14 April 2014 by G Broughton    (UK)

I like this airline, would choose it in future and would recommend to others. Only issue is the leg from Mumbai to Goa which is often delayed and seems unorganised but fly business class and like that I can accrue airmiles via jet privilege club membership.

Jet Airways Customer review :  14 April 2014 by Ian Dewey    (UK)

London - Mumbai - Goa in Business. We were very pleasantly surprised by the quality. Attentive Cabin Staff, comfortable lie flat seats/beds. Small but excellent choice of wine and champagne. Dinner was of a very good standard and very well presented. Staff made up the beds and the topper was a nice touch on the overnight flight. Transfer at Mumbai to the Domestic Terminal is a pain, but is not Jet Airways fault. The 45 minute flight from Mumbai to Goa was fine too. With a soft drink and a snack meal served. Return flight were very good also and all were virtually on time within a few minutes Before landing the Stewardess came round the Cabin and thanked each passenger for travelling with Jet. A nice personal touch. Jet Staff had taken all the Business Class passengers hold baggage off the carousel, and kindly put it into a roped off area in front of the baggage carousel. Must say the time from plane to exit at LHR was one of the shortest ever experienced! Certainly would travel with Jet again. Excellent value, service and I say with some regret rather better than many recent flights with BA.

Jet Airways Customer review :  5 April 2014 by A Madeira    (UK)

BOM-LHR, on 30 March 2014, flight was not so pleasant. Flight departed Mumbai at lunchtime 1pm, however lunch was served 2 hours later, by which time everyone is starving and hungry. 1 hour into the flight, 1 drink and packet of peanuts. Lunch was ok, though portion size was very small. During the flight, there were 3 rounds of drinks, 1 serving per round, rest of the time, the air hostesses were never around. The final meal was a measly croissant as the main dish. Still not enough for an average human. All in all, a starving flight and I arrived hungry. Inflight system was mediocre, and leg room is just adequate. In case you want to have a comfortable flight, Jet airways is not the flight, its definitely not going to be mine.

Jet Airways Customer review :  27 March 2014 by M Cowan    (UK)

Managed to wangle a free upgrade from Business to First on a BOM to LHR flight. For the money it would have cost had I been paying, it seemed pretty fair (it's pretty cheap versus other carriers). Got the red carpet treatment off my incoming Jet domestic flight as I was met by Jet ground staff and ushered into my own car for the journey to the International terminal, whilst the latter is a huge improvement on its predecessor, the way transfers work between the two terminals remains a bit barmy, borne out by the fact that my car took the public roads! The First Class lounge is pleasant enough, but generally continues the Indian tradition of largely mediocre airport lounges. On board, the "hardware" is pretty impressive - flat beds, enclosed suites and the like, although I didn't find the seat/bed as comfortable as I would have hoped given its generous proportions. Food remains a bit of a weak point, dinner seemed to be the same as you got in Business. Staff friendly but didn't leave much of an impression to be honest. Entertainment pretty decent.

Jet Airways Customer review :  24 March 2014 by M Raj    (Canada)

Took a return flight from Toronto to Mumbai via Brussels. Positive: In all 4 sectors, the flights were generally on time. Only minor delays. Negative: 1) Cramped seats, 2) Non-working ear-phones in two sectors, 3) Indifferent attitude of in-flight crew towards passengers, 4) Poor or non existent movie options in major Indian regional languages, 5) Sloppy in-flight service. 6) Can not input your frequent flyer # in manage your booking. 7) Website is not very user friendly 8) Complaints are not looked into properly. I would not fly again.

Jet Airways Customer review :  17 March 2014 by Bawnik Odelia    (Israel)

Goa to Mumbai - when checking our bags we were told we need to pay for an excess weight of 9 kg. Upon checking in Mumbai, for our continuing international flight, we found out that we did not have any excess weight! We recommend checking with another agent if you are asked to pay for excess weight. No food on this short flight, we did get a voucher for a light meal - it was a small box full with junk food, inedible. They do offer wraps vegetarian or chicken for purchase on the plane, very average quality.

Jet Airways Customer review :  13 March 2014 by Tracy Ng    (USA)

Jaipur to Mumbai, Feb 13, 2014 on JetKonnect, 9W-K-7178, and Jet Airways, 9W-403 from Mumbai to Kochin. I was worried about taking a flight in India but was pleasantly surprised. The JetKonnect flight we took from Jaipur to Mumbai was pleasant. They charged us an over baggage fee, and were really strict with the weight. Only inflight complaint was that the seats barely had any padding, and were visibly marked and dirty. They looked like they were recycled from the 80's.