Jet Airways Customer Reviews and Jet Airways Passenger Trip Reports

Jet Airways Customer review :  23 July 2013 by Maddy Nair    (India)

Flew IXE-DXB on a B737-800 with winglets. Extremely delighted with surprise upgrade to business class by the airline staff. Enjoyed the flight with good recliner seats & extra leg room. Food quality just remains lagging compared with Air India. Pleasant experience.

Jet Airways Customer review :  19 July 2013 by Prayash Giria    (India)

IXZ-CCU-DEL on a JetKonnect flight. Nothing much to write about as it was a low-cost flight. Seats were a bit cramped and the cleanliness could have been better. Aircraft wasn't exactly old, but on the way. No IFE but a decent inflight magazine. Food options had run out thanks to the incoming flight, so we had to wait till CCU to get something vegetarian to eat that was not a bag of crisps. Crew was cold and to-the-point, but courteous still. Some memorable lapses in their English speaking skills. Flight was bumpy thanks to bad weather, but other airlines have managed the same in a far better manner. However, we managed to reach our destination half an hour ahead of schedule. Not a bad flight per se, but at the prices we paid, other airlines offer far better value (read Air India).

Jet Airways Customer review :  10 July 2013 by A Swamy    (India)

BLR-BOM-RUH return. Flights to and from RUH delayed by 20 minutes. Aircraft's were quite clean but starting to show their age. No personal IFE on BOM-RUH which was surprising. Personal IFE on RUH-BOM had a decent selection of Bollywood and Hollywood movies. Cabin crew efficient. Snacks and breakfast good though portions are small. Quality of Indian dinner served is quite bad when compared to other Middle eastern airlines even though Jet is an Indian carrier!

Jet Airways Customer review :  8 July 2013 by Sukanya Rudra Nandi    (India)

Traveling with my small daughter between Mumbai-Delhi flight. Flight was bit uncomfortable and food below par. Found inflight staff quite rude and uncooperative. Overall experience - not satisfied.

Jet Airways Customer review :  29 June 2013 by Ganesh Kumar    (India)

IXE-BOM-DEL on Boeing 737-800. Both legs on-time, was assisted by ground staff at Mumbai as it was a tight connection: so could do away with another security check. Food, however was below average: Air India scores in this respect. Cabin crew attentive. Overall, recommended.

Jet Airways Customer review :  26 June 2013 by M Smith    (Germany)

My husband and I flew from Berlin to Toronto via Brussels and return. Flying in a new A330-300, we were very pleased with the seat configuration to allow us to sit next to each other rather than the pod configuration. The lay flat seats were extremely comfortable. From the moment we boarded the staff were very polite and wishing to please. The menu selection had both Asian and Western entrees and we were not disappointed. The only think lacking was the quality of the night bag given to us as it did not have any ear plugs or eye shades for the night flight.

Jet Airways Customer review :  17 June 2013 by Rishad Patell    (India)

Bombay to Goa. Early morning flight. Given a non reclining seat but was a window. Was not feeling well and the staff were quite nice. Came to check on me once. Flight on time.

Jet Airways Customer review :  17 June 2013 by S D Navare    (India)

Booked return flight Delhi-Amritsar. Both the flights were delayed by around 4 hours. The return flight delay caused me to miss my connecting flight. The cabin crew and the staff at the airport were extremely rude and refused help of any kind. Talking around the Delhi airport, it seems this is common occurrence for Jet Airways - almost all their flights are delayed.

Jet Airways Customer review :  14 June 2013 by M Thakkar    (UAE)

DXB-BOM on a Boeing 737, VT-JBX. Aircraft equipped with Boeing Sky Interior, so I was surprised that Jet's seats have remained the same as the old Jet livery. Greeted formally through reluctance, and without a warm welcome by the onboard supervisor, and was met with a confused demeanour coupled with mild exasperation when I waited to be directed to my seat. It seemed only a few of the passengers were offered newspapers before take off - one needed to ask for this. Once in the air, the IFE system seems remarkably limited but playback works well - though headgear needs to be updated. The food was tasty, but lacking in quantity - though the appetizer was well- received. It was interesting that the male steward was much more warm and friendly than either of the female ones. Staff service was professional but one felt awkward expecting them to be more welcoming than they were - this could be easily remedied. Good choice of beverages on board. Jet remains value for money, but must be very careful not to allow its high standards to begin slipping due to a few mediocre members of cabin crew. This journey was a mixed bag more than anything else - Jet is more than capable of delivering a better product.

Jet Airways Customer review :  11 June 2013 by Sahil Malhotra    (India)

PNQ-BOM-LHR-DEL-PNQ. Jet Airways continues to slide in just about all aspects. What once used to be a premium global carrier, is now nothing more than a 2 star airline. Seat configuration on LHR sector to 3-4-3 has made seats very cramped. Food is distasteful, aircraft's are unclean, landings on all sectors was rough.

Jet Airways Customer review :  11 June 2013 by S Narayan    (USA)

Flew DEL-BOM-DEL. Air conditioning turned on only after reaching cruise altitude, and turned off when landing. Food was pathetic, service average. Sufficient seating space at the gate. Check in was smooth. Note that there is no baggage drop counter at Delhi airport. If there is one, it wasn't clearly visible. Bombay airport was good.

Jet Airways Customer review :  6 June 2013 by R Bell    (Thailand)

BKK-BOM-LHR-DEL-BKK in May, in Economy. Flights from/to BKK were their B737-900, which was full and had no seat- back IFE, only drop-down screens with the same film both ways. Cabin-crew worked hard to serve drinks and a good meal, hampered by the usual queue for the loos, and passengers wandering up and down to visit friends. The B777-300ERs on longer flights into/from LHR were clean, but the new 3-4-3 seating is much more cramped than 3-3-3 last year, especially as I was given an exit-row seat (50C) on the return-flight, this was so narrow (due to control-panel reducing space and hard-sides instead of armrests) that I had to literally wedge myself into it ! Luckily the cabin-crew helped me change seats, when asked. Web check-in was not available for the return trip. Hopefully the new tie-up with Etihad may eventually lead to seat-selection becoming available when booking, or pre-travel, not just (if it works) with web check-in! No lounge-access offered, for any of the 4 airports, despite Silver ff-status, but a welcome extra 10 kgs hold-allowance. Overall the trip was OK, good value-for money, DEL stopover was fine and BOM security/terminal remains its usual mess, not the airline's fault. Roll-on the new terminal still under-construction ! I'd recommend them to others on-a-budget, and have booked myself for two more trips this year, also for my sons flying the same route.

Jet Airways Customer review :  3 June 2013 by Luke Flagg    (Saudi Arabia)

I keep traveling Jet Airways and usually it's ok but the planes are old. I flew RUH-BOM-KTM. We approached KTM and were told the weather was too bad to land. So we went to Lucknow and waited. Then flew back to KTM just to return to Lucknow once again. We waited and waited. Finally they told us we were going back to BOM, KTM doesn't have night landings which I soon found out to be untrue. Chaos ensued at BOM because we couldn't leave the airport because of no visa for India. We slept on the floor in the lounge. This was the worst experience I have had with Jet. Usually they are fine. I'm flying on them again in 2 weeks. Wish me luck!

Jet Airways Customer review :  29 May 2013 by R Sgro    (Canada)

Unfortunately, I had to travel with Jet Airways to Brussels it was the only flight I could find to catch my connecting flight in Paris. The plane was very old and clearly wasn't cleaned properly because there was hair on my seat. Secondly, staff were not very friendly or helpful. I am a young female travelling alone and whenever I asked for assistance it appeared as if I was bothering the staff. I pressed the assistance button and no one came. The only positive was that I could charge my phone during my flight.

Jet Airways Customer review :  21 May 2013 by Purna Ananth    (India)

Starting from the check-in counters at BOM which were overcrowded and short of space. There wasn't enough seating space at the gate. Flight delayed with no reason given. Half the passengers were boarded on buses which stayed at the gate for around 30 min without moving. Turned out the airplane had a fault. Some passengers had confusion with seat allocations. Poor leg space and no inflight entertainment. Departed over an hour late. Did not serve the VLML meal that had been requested. The Fruit Platter meal only had one serving of fruit, the rest was the same as other meals. They do not load enough pillows and blankets for all seats, so get yours before other passengers realize. All in all, totally avoidable.