Jet Airways Customer Reviews and Jet Airways Passenger Trip Reports

Jet Airways Customer review :  11 June 2013 by S Narayan    (USA)

Flew DEL-BOM-DEL. Air conditioning turned on only after reaching cruise altitude, and turned off when landing. Food was pathetic, service average. Sufficient seating space at the gate. Check in was smooth. Note that there is no baggage drop counter at Delhi airport. If there is one, it wasn't clearly visible. Bombay airport was good.

Jet Airways Customer review :  6 June 2013 by R Bell    (Thailand)

BKK-BOM-LHR-DEL-BKK in May, in Economy. Flights from/to BKK were their B737-900, which was full and had no seat- back IFE, only drop-down screens with the same film both ways. Cabin-crew worked hard to serve drinks and a good meal, hampered by the usual queue for the loos, and passengers wandering up and down to visit friends. The B777-300ERs on longer flights into/from LHR were clean, but the new 3-4-3 seating is much more cramped than 3-3-3 last year, especially as I was given an exit-row seat (50C) on the return-flight, this was so narrow (due to control-panel reducing space and hard-sides instead of armrests) that I had to literally wedge myself into it ! Luckily the cabin-crew helped me change seats, when asked. Web check-in was not available for the return trip. Hopefully the new tie-up with Etihad may eventually lead to seat-selection becoming available when booking, or pre-travel, not just (if it works) with web check-in! No lounge-access offered, for any of the 4 airports, despite Silver ff-status, but a welcome extra 10 kgs hold-allowance. Overall the trip was OK, good value-for money, DEL stopover was fine and BOM security/terminal remains its usual mess, not the airline's fault. Roll-on the new terminal still under-construction ! I'd recommend them to others on-a-budget, and have booked myself for two more trips this year, also for my sons flying the same route.

Jet Airways Customer review :  3 June 2013 by Luke Flagg    (Saudi Arabia)

I keep traveling Jet Airways and usually it's ok but the planes are old. I flew RUH-BOM-KTM. We approached KTM and were told the weather was too bad to land. So we went to Lucknow and waited. Then flew back to KTM just to return to Lucknow once again. We waited and waited. Finally they told us we were going back to BOM, KTM doesn't have night landings which I soon found out to be untrue. Chaos ensued at BOM because we couldn't leave the airport because of no visa for India. We slept on the floor in the lounge. This was the worst experience I have had with Jet. Usually they are fine. I'm flying on them again in 2 weeks. Wish me luck!

Jet Airways Customer review :  29 May 2013 by R Sgro    (Canada)

Unfortunately, I had to travel with Jet Airways to Brussels it was the only flight I could find to catch my connecting flight in Paris. The plane was very old and clearly wasn't cleaned properly because there was hair on my seat. Secondly, staff were not very friendly or helpful. I am a young female travelling alone and whenever I asked for assistance it appeared as if I was bothering the staff. I pressed the assistance button and no one came. The only positive was that I could charge my phone during my flight.

Jet Airways Customer review :  21 May 2013 by Purna Ananth    (India)

Starting from the check-in counters at BOM which were overcrowded and short of space. There wasn't enough seating space at the gate. Flight delayed with no reason given. Half the passengers were boarded on buses which stayed at the gate for around 30 min without moving. Turned out the airplane had a fault. Some passengers had confusion with seat allocations. Poor leg space and no inflight entertainment. Departed over an hour late. Did not serve the VLML meal that had been requested. The Fruit Platter meal only had one serving of fruit, the rest was the same as other meals. They do not load enough pillows and blankets for all seats, so get yours before other passengers realize. All in all, totally avoidable.

Jet Airways Customer review :  13 May 2013 by Evelyn Pearson    (USA)

We recently flew Jet Airways from New Delhi to Nepal and back. Ground staff were terrible and were completely confused that we had 2 extra bags. We told them repeatedly to just tell us how much extra we needed to pay. The worst was coming back from Nepal. We were put in a holding area in New Delhi. The staff would shout, "You go sit for 30 minutes." We were not told why. Finally told that Air France agent would be there in an hour to talk to us about the extra bags. He came after over an hour, but didn't know what to do. After 2 hours we paid. I asked for a receipt and was told I could get one at the gate. I didn't try to get it as was afraid that it would cause another big wait. People were being sent back to the agent because he didn't put his name on the ticket or didn't circle the flight. I just wanted out of there. Then 2 of the bags were sent to Salt Lake City (We live in Nashville) with a different name. Thankfully the tags were right and we received them the next day! Never again!

Jet Airways Customer review :  25 April 2013 by J Thorn    (UK)

London-Bangkok via Mumbai and back. I cannot find words to describe how bad this airline is - the staff poor, food inedible and as for the transfer in Mumbai, lets just say I would never step foot in that airport again. I read a lot of reviews on Skytrax about Jet Airways and thought surely they can't be that bad - trust me they are worse!

Jet Airways Customer review :  17 April 2013 by V Rai    (Australia)

Travelled SIN-DEL-SIN and found it to be much better than the so called premium airlines on this route. Hot and delicious food served which really was tasty. Lot of English and Hindi movies to choose from. Comfortable seats and enough leg space.

Jet Airways Customer review :  12 April 2013 by Karl Moosbrugger    (Austria)

BOM-PNQ and TRV-BOM in Economy. All flights on time. Very efficient and friendly check-in and on-board service. On the TRV-BOM flight tasty warm meal was served.

Jet Airways Customer review :  2 April 2013 by Rishab Roy    (Singapore)

Morning flight to Chennai from Singapore on the 737-800. The seats were a little cramped but otherwise it was ok, after take off my TV was not working so I told the flight attendant and she said she would reset it, that happened 5 times then she said there was nothing she could do about it. I have taken this route several times and they give the same food. I was not satisfied with my flight even though it was very cheap.

Jet Airways Customer review :  30 March 2013 by A Swamy    (India)

Flew BLR-BOM-DXB return on B737s. All flights on time except BOM-BLR which was delayed 20 minutes. Aircraft interiors clean and well maintained. Leg space was quite ok though it was a bit difficult to get into a comfortable position. Flight attendants did their job efficiently, one of them on the DXB-BOM leg was cheerful and interacted very well with the passengers. Food was awful on the DXB-BOM flight and above average on others. Portions were small. Entertainment system on the DXB-BOM flight conked off and was reset, but did not work properly.

Jet Airways Customer review :  27 March 2013 by Engel Varn    (USA)

EWR-BRU-BOM-BKK. Staff were extremely friendly on-board. Seats were very comfortable on board their A330s. Transit at BRU was quick and efficient, even if a bit crowded. I found the food and crew on the flight to be very attentive. Will definitely fly Jet Airways again.

Jet Airways Customer review :  25 March 2013 by V Bagaria    (India)

Flew Bangalore - Coimbatore return. On the way out, I got the newest Boeing 737 they had, which was fabulous. Although the flight was just 30 minutes long, they managed to come around and serve us sandwiches and drinks. The crew were excellent. Return was on the ATR. Flight was good, though the quality of Buy on board meals has to increase a lot to match the quality expected. Both flights left ahead of time and arrived well ahead of scheduled arrival.

Jet Airways Customer review :  19 March 2013 by Elaine Tan    (Singapore)

Return flight Singapore and Delhi. SIN to Delhi leg was pleasant, not great. Delhi to Singapore was awful. Food was poor but the clincher must be when they raised the air-conditioning temperature because they ran out of blankets. For a 5 hour long red-eyed flight where you would be trying to get some sleep, it was hot. Crew were unable to help as they said that passengers felt cold and there were insufficient blankets to go around. First time on Jet Airways and last. Only thing salvageable were the crew.

Jet Airways Customer review :  4 March 2013 by Dina Da Costa    (Australia)

Flight 9w476 from Goa to Mumbai on 20th Feb and was extremely disappointed. Check in was average where staff looked harassed and were impolite. Inflight food service was pathetic, passengers were served a cold pastry vegetable patties which were inedible. 20kgs baggage allowance even for international passengers. Wont be using Jet Airways again.

Jet Airways Customer review :  22 February 2013 by S Davey    (New Zealand)

SYD-AKL, evening flight. I'm sure the seats have been moved even closer. I am big, but I don't think I have grown taller over the last 10 months. I had to sit with legs apart, not enough room to put knees together. Flight only 3 hours so was not bad, considering the price. The 1 bag 10kg carry on not enforced, making for very slow loading and off loading. Only one surly staff member.

Jet Airways Customer review :  20 February 2013 by Ahmed Moonis    (Singapore)

I'm a frequent flyer on SIN-DEL-SIN route. While the in-flight service and the crew have been impeccable, the plane quality has deteriorated. Travelled couple of times earlier last year on A330 with quite a lot of leg space (which is good for me considering I'm 6'1'') but they stopped it in between. Now, they are back to the Boeing 777 with 3-3 configuration with cramped seats. Taking the night flight out of SIN after a long work day makes the whole journey painful. Plus if its code sharing with Qantas flight from Australia (which they do quite often), the plane becomes cramped up with long lines for toilets. Hope they bring back the A330 on the route.

Jet Airways Customer review :  18 February 2013 by A Jagota    (Australia)

I travelled from SIN-DEL-SIN. Small plane. Not enough leg room. Crew were doing their best given circumstances. Lavatories awful. There were only 2 on the return. One non operational on both flights. With one lavatory operational, there was long queue in the aisle. My kids were also booked to fly on Jet Airways domestic flight. It was cancelled twice on the day. 7am flight from DEL to CHD ended up being 4pm flight for a mere 30 minutes journey.

Jet Airways Customer review :  13 February 2013 by J M Packer    (UK)

Pleasantly surprised with my flight. Plane was clean, staff friendly. The food was lovely. Drinks were hard to get and you had to ask for alcohol, but once you had it, it was fine.. One thing I would say needed improvement was the toilets. There were not enough, and constantly a long line up (on my Mumbai - Bangkok flight it was half the length of the plane!) and this was made worse by the flight attendants trying to get through with their trolleys. There was also only one choice of film on this flight, more entertainment options would have been appreciated. Other than that, I enjoyed my flights.