Jet Airways Customer Reviews and Jet Airways Passenger Trip Reports

Jet Airways Customer review :  23 December 2013 by Rahul Choubey    (USA)

Hyderabad - Delhi - Patna a couple of days ago. Journey from Hyderabad - Delhi was fine without any issues. At Delhi airport we were informed that the 10.40 am flight would be delayed and would depart at 12.00 pm. At around 11.45 am the cancellation of the flight is announced, apparently due to dense fog at Patna airport. At this point there was no Jet Konnect representative at the gate. We were directed to another gate where one representative, was dealing with requests from passengers of two cancelled flights. From there we were taken to the baggage collection area and were asked if we would be interested in taking a refund or travel to Ranchi instead. We chose to travel to Ranchi. They took my boarding pass from Delhi - Patna and said that they would be giving me a Delhi - Ranchi pass. When my name was announced I see that I was handed my old Hyderabad - Delhi pass. On reaching Ranchi (4 hours after our scheduled arrival in Patna) we asked if we would get any monetary assistance for further travel to our original intended destination. These requests were shot down immediately. We had a terrible experience and won't be flying with Jet Airways again.

Jet Airways Customer review :  16 December 2013 by Robbrecht Norbert    (Belgium)

We flew from Brussels-Mumbai-Kolkata on 4th Nov, back on 11th December 2013. Appreciated the assistance at check- in in Kolkata on 11th Dec when our flight from Kolkata-Mumbai was canceled without notice. Staff were very helpful in finding a solution and guided us to IndoAir in order to catch our flight Mumbai-Brussels. On the Mumbai- Brussels flight (seats, 20D/E) the staff was very friendly, helpful and polite. A diabetic meal (was ordered beforehand) that was not on board.

Jet Airways Customer review :  6 December 2013 by A Kyprianou    (UK)

I fly Jet return about once a month, Heathrow - Delhi - Dhaka mostly. Food is always the same (hasn't changed in 3 years), films only change every 3 months (maybe) and they are the same selection outbound and inbound. Service is average. There is zero recognition of Gold or Platinum international members loyalty (except for use of very poor below standard lounge at Delhi).

Jet Airways Customer review :  5 December 2013 by Lucie Tyldesley    (UK)

I was dreading the flight from Heathrow to Mumbai to Bangkok - I'd downloaded films to my laptop and bought sandwiches in preparation for the terrible food and lack of entertainment I anticipated after reading reviews. I was so surprised how excellent the flight was! Comfortable, great inflight entertainment, great food (apart from the dessert) lovely service, drinks whenever we wanted. For such a budget price I think it's great. On the fight from Mumbai to Bangkok we even got to lie across 3 seats to sleep. Would highly recommend for the price.

Jet Airways Customer review :  3 December 2013 by Meulders Stefaan    (Belgium)

BRU-BOM on 9th of November. Pretty surprised of the high standards and professionalism of Jet Airways. Food was very tasteful, well presented and plenty. On top of that we were served by an extremely friendly crew. Return flight DEL-BRU the 1st December was completely the opposite though. Before takeoff menus were distributed and you had to give your choice. I hardly had the chance to look at the menu when the rude stewardess said I had to make my choice. Once my choice made she grabbed the menu out of my hands and took it back. Food was the most terrible I ever had on a flight. The refreshment was tiny and extremely spicy and was served as good as cold. Breakfast even was worse with a few slices of tasteless unripe fruit smashed on a plate followed by a cold omelette and 2 hard cold greasy discs that were expected to be hash brown potatoes! Just as with the refreshment served earlier presentation was inexistent and looked like everything was just smashed on the plate. I told the stewardess this was the worst meal I ever had on a plane. She apologized and offered me cereals instead, this was business class! The only positive point were the flat bed seats.

Jet Airways Customer review :  28 November 2013 by A Datye    (USA)

I always hear people complain about how bad Jet's service is but this flight from BOM-BKK-BOM had a perfect on time performance for the two way trip. Food was decent nothing to special for a four hour flight and since we flew on a 737-900 jet there was common TVs throughout the flight so entertainment was hardly any but surprisingly they showed good movies on the flight. So overall experience was alright and I would recommend this airline.

Jet Airways Customer review :  25 November 2013 by A Kupferman    (Thailand)

Flying from Bangkok to Delhi, Jet Airways offers a business class on their B737, which could not even be compared to an Economy Deluxe Class in other airlines: old seats, with reduced pitch, lousy entertainment system (tiny overhead screens, image so dark it cannot be seen), no toiletries, food very average, crew indifferent, disappears after serving breakfast, does not come back if more coffee is needed, water is not offered during flight, a miserable experience all in all, but you can learn from experiences, and so I will never fly Jet Airways again. If this is India's best airline, I cannot imagine how other airlines fare.

Jet Airways Customer review :  19 November 2013 by T Sierra    (USA)

We were very disappointed with the way Jet Connect handled our Flight cancelation and reschedule on Nov 5th. We had a flight out of Delhi, FLT # 9W7125, at 8.35. We received no phone call of our flight being canceled and arrived at the airport 2 hours before. Apparently they called some passengers, but not all. We then heard it was canceled, after we waited in line. The best they could do was put us on a 2.30 flight. The 2.30 flight came and went, no flight took off. They could not tell us anything, except that it was delayed 1 hour. Then it was delayed again, nobody could tell us the truth. The truth being, the city the flight was originating from was delayed due to weather and had not taken off yet. Why not just tell us that and try to book us on another flight. There was much chaos at the airport and the passengers were in an uproar. Nobody was giving them answers. Finally the plane arrived and we eventually took off at 6.30. This is 10hours after our original flight, we arrived at our final destination at 2am! To top if off, they actually wanted to charge us for meals on the plane, after waiting that long. I see this as the worst customer service ever.

Jet Airways Customer review :  14 November 2013 by Sapna Kandukuri    (UK)

Never fly Heathrow to Hyderabad, connecting in Mumbai - it is too tight a connection. Flew with my 12 year old daughter, after baggage reclaim, two security checks, check in again and baggage scans, we were put on a coach to transfer to Mumbai domestic. With 25 minutes left for Mumbai Hyderabad flight, I struggled to find the gates, no one knew and there was no Jet staff to help. Finally waited at yet another security queue (no one paged) to arrive at wrong gate where they said I had missed the flight and should go to counters outside who would put me on a flight in next two hours - it was an absolute fish market. They said all flights were full, I should buy a ticket for next day morning and make my own stay arrangements. it took me standing 6 hours of perseverence at the counter pleading, without any food and with my 12 year old in tears. They initially put me on a waiting list and firmed finally with half an hour to go for the flight to Hyderabad which was a Jet Konnect no frills flight where I bought sandwiches and coffee for dinner. Not worth the hassle, I want to give up my Jet Privilege membership and never fly Jet again.

Jet Airways Customer review :  10 November 2013 by Arun Sharma    (UAE)

My flight from Dubai to Delhi was bad in more than one way, the seats were torn, glass holders broken, restroom dustbins pasted with tapes and no in-flight entertainment. My return flight from Delhi to Dubai was in equally shabby condition (I think it was the same plane). What was worse is that they ran out of juice in the mid of first serving. I wanted to fill out a customer feedback form, but I wasn't served one.

Jet Airways Customer review :  10 November 2013 by R Vishnu    (Australia)

SIN-DEL return. Singapore to Delhi was horrible. Seats were not reclining and very uncomfortable. They had little leg space. There was no IFE SIN to DEL. Staff friendly from SIN to DEL, but on return journey it was exactly opposite. Food was good, warm and tasty.

Jet Airways Customer review :  10 November 2013 by Alan Damian    (Belgium)

Brussels - Newark. I chose Jet Airways solely for the price of the ticket and was pleasantly surprised. Flights were on time. Staff nice, attentive, and helpful. Food was great (curry). Unlike US Airways that I had flown two weeks before, JA plane had individual screens for watching movies. I would definitely recommend or fly again.

Jet Airways Customer review :  4 November 2013 by Bhambhani Manoj Nanik    (India)

Traveled from Dubai to Mumbai on 31st October 2013. Past experiences were very good, but this time it was very bad experience as far as entertainment, food and beverages are concerned. Asked Air-hostess to replace defective headset and told she would come back with replacement, which never happened. Secondly Drinks served only once, asked for another drink and was flatly refused. Asked for something for munching with drinks, was told its finished and the most surprising part is after completion of all services when I opted to go for wash room was amazed to see team leader eating the snacks that I was told is finished. Food of average quality. Looks like the standard has reached the lowest level.

Jet Airways Customer review :  30 October 2013 by Ratnakar Sinha    (UK)

Traveled from Mumbai to London in 2005 using Jet airways. It was an excellent experience. This time again travelled from London to Mumbai and return via Delhi in September 2013. Horrible experience as far as food and beverages are concerned. Drinks served only once. Food of average quality. Looks like the standard has reached the lowest level and now Jet Airways can be compared to Air India. Had recently taken a flight through Emirates which was wonderful. Will not fly Jet anymore.

Jet Airways Customer review :  29 October 2013 by Mina Sheth    (UK)

Travelled on 10/10/13 from London to Mumbai along with our 3 year old grandson and he was treated him as normal adult passenger, cabin crew insisted that the travel agent should have informed them that a 3 year old was travelling with them, when we pointed that the age of the child is written on ticket, she refused to acknowledge this. No proper food was served to the child for a journey of nearly 10 hours long.

Jet Airways Customer review :  24 October 2013 by Jayesh Kumar    (Switzerland)

London Heathrow to Mumbai, 15 Oct. Mumbai to London Heathrow, 20 Oct. Gold member - yes, premier class - yes, web check in - yes. 10 minutes delayed coming from terminal 5 to terminal 4 - already checked in but not allowed to board with more than 45 minutes to spare. Unprofessional in handling passengers and unprofessional in dealing with complaints. Got myself another full ticket on Air India as that was the only option available 2 hrs later. I fly every month and being a gold member this was not what I expected.

Jet Airways Customer review :  21 October 2013 by R Bell    (Thailand)

BKK-BOM-LHR-BOM-BKK, mid-Sep and back early-Oct, full/near-full on all 4 sectors, but luckily the much-more- comfortable older-style 3-3-3 layout, B777-300 between BOM and LHR. Food and service acceptable, but LHR-BOM and BOM-BKK ran 30-mins late, plus 1-hour delay at BKK-Immigration, meant I was tight for time to make my onward domestic-connection. De-planing in BOM was also very slow, for those of us sitting down the back, how much longer until the terminal building-work is completed? Security-check in BOM on-return took an hour, and that was with Jet-staff pulling us out of the queue, since our onward-flight was closing!