Air Serbia Customer Reviews and Passenger Trip Reports

PAGE:   1 | 2 |

AIR SERBIA Customer review :  29 August 2014 by R Tobias    (Austria)

I booked Air Serbia for a flight from VIE to ATH via BEG and enjoyed a comfortable stay onboard. The aircraft's were clean and the seats seemed to be quite new. The catering-concept with paper bags filled with a sandwich, a cookie and a bottle of water was very good as you already had something to drink and did not have to wait for the drinks, that were served afterwards. All in all it was a good decision to book Air Serbia, I would only wish for an online-check-in-service next time.

AIR SERBIA Customer review :  27 August 2014 by N Skakic    (USA)

Agree with punctuality issues: On August 18th we were flying BEG - BRU - New York. There were 52 passengers who had a flight to New York JFK to catch. The airline should know this. Air Serbia decided to wait for a few transit passengers and their baggage, risking the flights to New York for the 52 of us, thus causing the 52 passengers not making their flight to New York. Other than that: food is the best: nowhere else will you get a cooked meal for a 2 hours flight and it was delicious!

AIR SERBIA Customer review :  27 August 2014 by P Krejci    (Canada)

Flew LHR-BEG-LHR. Significant improvement from JAT in terms of on board experience, especially aesthetic. A319 interior appearance in terms of seat colour, lighting and cleanliness on par, if not better than the likes of Lufthansa, BA, Air France. Plane took off on-time on both legs, crew were very kind and helpful and seat comfort was solid. The fact that a full meal was served on a 2.5 hour flight was certainly a plus, tasted better than what was served on my BA transatlantic flight home. My only reproach would be the slightly irritating boarding music, a tad bit too traditional for a 21st century airline setting. All in all, it's clear that the company is on the right track and I would not be surprised if it soon ranks among Europe's best in terms of service quality. Glad to see the on-time performance improving day by day, especially considering the earlier issues with the Beirut flights.

AIR SERBIA Customer review :  27 August 2014 by A Bel    (The Netherlands)

Frequent flyer AMS-BEG: all the compliments for the staff - Air Serbia provides a great service and a really nice selection of complementary food & beverages. A couple of points for improvement: please add an evening flight on Thursday for AMS-BEG line, add on-line check-in, please return the 30kg baggage limit, finally improve the check- in procedure in BEG for early flights.

AIR SERBIA Customer review :  19 August 2014 by Hanna Gnevko    (Germany)

I flew with Air Serbia from Podgorica to Belgrade and from Belgrade to Frankfurt and can recommend it! The staff were very helpful and polite and spoke very good English. The food was good and pillows were provided - a very nice add-on to make any trip more enjoyable. The landing in Frankfurt was fantastic. A very pleasant experience indeed!

AIR SERBIA Customer review :  19 August 2014 by Narat Suzana    (Australia)

We recently flew Paris-Belgrade and Belgrade-Paris. It was refreshing to see standards of aircraft interior, staff training, and general comfort lifted considerably. On both occasions we travelled in business class enjoying perks like comfortable seats, delicious meals and excellent service provided by polite flight attendants. I paid for inflight entertainment was provided and together with constant care from flight attendants flight was enjoyable.

AIR SERBIA Customer review :  16 August 2014 by Levy Goor    (Netherlands)

Will never fly with Air Serbia again. The service was extremely bad. Airport staff WERE the worst and most apathetic I have seen. Food WAS horrible. Miles (for 2 separate flights) were never registered. No information given about anything during the entire trip. seats changed, aircraft changed (again - 2 different flights), staff did not know what was going on. No priority boarding. No entertainment system although they promise an ipad. This was like flying economy on a low cost carrier.

AIR SERBIA Customer review :  3 August 2014 by Zoran Kovacevic    (United Arab Emirates)

I flew with Air Serbia in June from Abu Dhabi to Belgrade and from Sarajevo to Belgrade. Nice, young, friendly cabin crew, excellent catering, and flying with Serbian people you don't need better entertainment. Both flights were on time with wonderful landing from Sarajevo to Belgrade turning around Avala mountain.

AIR SERBIA Customer review :  1 August 2014 by N Kutlesic    (Serbia)

BEG-LHR and LHR-BEG flights. I was very pleased. Flight attendants were very kind, food was really good, flight departed and landed on time, baggage came on time. You can see that they have improved food - a lot of great desserts, hot drinks, refills and a three-course meal. New Aircraft's (Airbus 319 and 320) have nice exterior, they aren't noisy at all and magazines were also provided. Really good experience indeed.

AIR SERBIA Customer review :  1 August 2014 by Olesen Kirsa    (Denmark)

My family and I were supposed to travel Split - Belgrade - Copenhagen. The flight from Split was delayed so we missed our flight in Belgrade to Copenhagen. The trip ended up lasting 23 hours. Staff in Split airport knew nothing whatsoever about why the flight was delayed. Once we arrived in Belgrade, overly rude staff booked us for a flight the next day at 5 pm. We had to be at work the following day and wanted an alternative return flight. After discussing the matter with a manager we were booked for an earlier flight. This took us more than 3 hours! Incredibly poor service and rude staff.

AIR SERBIA Customer review :  11 July 2014 by P Divjakinja    (Australia)

I recently travelled from Abu Dhabi to Belgrade. What a fantastic change from JAT to Air Serbia. The staff were very welcoming. There is still a little bit of work to be done with making sure all crew understand that customer requests and their safety is the priority rather than colleague gossip. I was very satisfied with the meal and the variety of drinks provided. The only problem with the trip is the lack of inflight entertainment which is easily fixed with the ipad version like the ones provided by Qantas domestic and Jetstar. I will fly with Air Serbia again in the coming months and look forward to see the airline continue to improve their image and service.

AIR SERBIA Customer review :  7 July 2014 by Doljanowskaja Julia    (Russia)

WAW-BEG-SKG-BEG-WAW, the flights departed on time, polite and smiling staff speaking good English, relatively new planes, baggage arrived without delays. Food was very bland though, a sandwich and a tiny bottle of water, which is okay for short haul flights. Good price/quality ratio, so I can call my experience with Air Serbia positive and I would recommend it.

AIR SERBIA Customer review :  7 July 2014 by I Anthony    (Lebanon)

BEI-BEL-CPH and CPH-BEL-BEI: Took a return flight from Beirut to Copenhagen via Belgrade. On both legs, the flights were delayed (from BEI-BEl and BEL-BEI). The luggage was delayed for the majority of the flight on both legs, in Copenhagen and Beirut. Absolutely dreadful. In Copenhagen, the flight was on time but decided to shut the bag drop off an hour early, to the amazement of airport staff. The food is inedible and there's no in-flight entertainment. I fly regularly, this is the worst experience I've had with an airline.

AIR SERBIA Customer review :  17 June 2014 by Milan Zelcevic    (Canada)

AUH-BEG-LHR. AUH-BEG portion: relatively new plane A319, great food with a local flare (I asked for a lactose-free meal and it was better than expected), comfortable seats, FAs super pleasant; great service. BEG-LHR portion: older 737 but totally ok. Great service, courteous staff, nice meal. Very pleasantly surprised by both flights. Thumbs up!

AIR SERBIA Customer review :  14 June 2014 by Henrik Gustafsson    (Serbia)

Belgrade - Beirut. Great staff and good food. But, and it is a big but, these frequent delays on Air Serbia is not acceptable. Punctuality is a must. The nights flight 3 hours late and arrived only after 6 in the morning. Not good at all when planning meetings etc. If punctuality does not get better soon I have to opt for another airline despite the good service onboard.

AIR SERBIA Customer review :  2 June 2014 by M Tushishvili    (France)

I had a flight from Sarajevo to Paris via Belgrade. The quality of service is considerably improved after rebranding JAT into Air Serbia by Etihad. The food was served for both flights was a small sandwich from Sarajevo and cold meal from Belgrade. The staff were very efficient, pleasant and communicative. However, I have one general observation -–both flights were delayed about 1 hour. I observed that a number of flights operating by Air Serbia were delayed. This was a bit stressful taking into account one hour stopover. The air company should pay more attention on punctuality and ground staff who suppose to provide assistance to passengers. Otherwise, the trip was good and I think the company is on right track.

AIR SERBIA Customer review :  21 May 2014 by I Bozinovic    (Hong Kong)

In 40 years of travelling this was the first time that an airline could not offer hot drinks due to lack of hot water. On a different matter, how is it possible to assess an airline without addressing their Baggage and Compensation issues which are such an integral part of the total experience?

AIR SERBIA Customer review :  17 May 2014 by Adezda Goryunova    (Russia)

Tivat to Moscow via Belgrade, was late 3 hours and 32 passengers missed connect flight! We were put in filthy Slavia hotel in Belgrade. I reached Moscow only in the evening on the second day. My claim report wasn't answered!

AIR SERBIA Customer review :  28 April 2014 by Adam Muller    (Slovakia)

Flew BUD-BEG-LCA-BEG-VIE as it was far cheaper than any other airline, low-costs including. BUD-BEG was on an older ATR72, there was exactly 12 passengers in the plane. Small snack (a sandwich and a cookie in a doggie bag) and one round of drinks on a one hour long flight! Had to ask specifically for the vegetarian meal we ordered (it was on the plane, was labelled with my gf's name was not given out automatically). The ride was a little noisy as in the old ATR but can not complain. Problem-free transfer in BEG, security at the gate and BEG-LCA on an ancient Boeing 737-300. It had the old JAT livery stripped down but one could still see the outline of the letters and three dots on the tail - from outside, the plane looked just sad. Inside however the seats looked refurbished and to my surprise, there was quite a lot of legroom. On this 2 hour flight hot meal was served (menu was handed out). I skipped mine, my gf had her vegetarian meal and it looked and tasted fantastic. And a bonus - proper metal cutlery! Round of drinks as well. Return LCA-BEG departing at unholy time (4am in the morning) was delayed about half an hour, making us worried about short connection in BEG. This time, their "new" A319, which is not new at all. The legroom was much worse than on the old 737, and to be honest, one of the worst I have ever experienced (I'm 185cm tall). Slept all time so can not comment on the food (but there was some). Bit unorganized transfer in BEG (we were checked all the way to VIE, but some other passengers were missing their boarding passes) but I must appreciate that upon leaving the aircraft, there was someone for each connecting flight helping the passengers. Last leg BEG-VIE on a sad ATR72, for me a cookie and a yoghurt in a doggie bag, the vegetarian meal was an orange (that's it - just orange). Our luggage did not make the short connection in BEG. Air Serbia probably won't be my airline of choice, but if they again offer such deal as they did now, no problem flying them again.

AIR SERBIA Customer review :  17 April 2014 by M Nikola    (Denmark)

Used Air Serbia twice, once from Stuttgart to Belgrade in February 2014 and once Belgrade to Copenhagen March 2014. Excellent experience. Stuttgart - Belgrade was done by old Bulgarian Boeing but you could still "feel" the difference by newspapers, meals and drinks and much younger crew. BEG-Copenhagen was great, new Airbus, excellent meal and coffee plus great desserts. I will use them again.

AIR SERBIA Customer review :  14 April 2014 by I Anderson    (UK)

I flew London to Belgrade return on a newly fitted Airbus A320 outwards and A319 return. The new Aircraft's have a bright and welcoming interior which sets the scene for their product offering. The crew were polite and attentive throughout the flight, although perhaps a little cool in their interactions with passengers. On the outward flight newspapers were offered. A menu on both flights was presented which was a nice touch. The food itself was excellent for a short-haul flight - hot, plentiful and served with metal cutlery. Certainly the best on board food in Europe. Boarding at Belgrade however is still not well organised should be improved. Overall though a great experience and fantastic to see a new full service Airline come from the ashes of JAT.

AIR SERBIA Customer review :  8 April 2014 by R Tanasijevic    (Serbia)

A few days ago I returned from Banja Luka. Although the ATR72 was quite noisy, the service was excellent, especially for the 45 minute flight. Change in quality in comparison with old JAT is highly visible.

AIR SERBIA Customer review :  31 March 2014 by J Boro    (Netherlands)

I travelled from DUS-BEG and it was an excellent experience, totally refurbished airlplane and had the brand new (A319). Hot meal, friendly staff, still some bugs to iron out.

AIR SERBIA Customer review :  13 March 2014 by Marco Longo    (Italy)

I have flown with former JAT on a couple of occasions and my impressions were not that great (old planes, minimal service and complete disregard for the comfort of passengers). I flew today from Belgrade to Malpensa (flight from Milan to Belgrade I did with Alitalia with a stopover in Rome) although given my previous experience with JAT I wanted to avoid it at all costs. The plane I got onto was neatly furbished, quite comfortable economy class seats, great catering for a short-haul flight, very warm attitude from the crew. The only minus (and it is a big one), currently online check in is not available. Apparently they are working on it and it should be available soon.

AIR SERBIA Customer review :  4 March 2014 by A White    (UK)

I've flown with JAT (what Air Serbia used to be called). It was a very basic experience to put it mildly. I was flying from London Heathrow to Belgrade yesterday. A great experience, there are some bugs to iron out but this isn't first class, it's biz class. Firstly, the seats were new - they reclined back and the foot part lifted up. You got a big pillow for your back or head and a blanket. We had two stewardesses between 6 of us but I think that is because one of them was training the other. Both women were very friendly and attentive and offered refills throughout the 2hrs 45min flight. The food. Well, anyone who has flown with JAT will know the food was something you literally did not bother with. It was sub par. Now I had a 3 course meal with a choice of wines and champagne (or local Serbian brandy if I wanted). The meal was delicious - it was well presented and hot and not overcooked. It was served with fresh bread rolls. I am fussy with things and I couldn't fault it. The cabin was clean. The cutlery was metal. I was offered an iPad but I had my own tablet to watch a film on. A very positive experience indeed.

AIR SERBIA Customer review :  18 February 2014 by G Tanja    (Serbia)

Travelled BEG to AMS and return in January/February 2014. Professional crew, comfortable seats with nice pillows on every seat. The food was delicious. Excellent experience.

AIR SERBIA Customer review :  14 February 2014 by I Djokovic    (Spain)

Travelled CDG to BEG and return in late December and early January 2014. The plane was clean (A319), and very well presented, with nice pillows on every seat. The crew were very happy to help and were smiling the whole time. You can see that they are new because, at times, they seemed a bit disorganized, but overall they were excellent. The food brings this trip to a whole new level. While in other airlines you are lucky to get a pack of crackers, here I got a hot meal. What a transformation from the old airline (JAT).

AIR SERBIA Customer review :  13 February 2014 by Alex Boddroz    (Egypt)

JU 311, 12 Dec and JU 314, to Paris on 15 Dec. Friendly and professional crew, very comfortable seats, plenty of leg room, stylish pillows and blankets, excellent selection of wine and drinks and delicious meal. When the flight attendant handed me the menu, I thought there must be a fee attached. I got a hot meal free. Excellent experience. On a way back was the same. I came to Belgrade airport, ground support staff were smiling, professional and accommodating. On the flight back, the same good service and experience. Have just bought another ticket with Air Serbia to Thessaloniki!

AIR SERBIA Customer review :  29 January 2014 by Henrik Gustafsson    (Serbia)

ARN-BEG, 27 January 2014. Old plane still but fantastic service and great food. Staff did their uttermost to serve the passengers. Good wines with plenty of refills. Strange though that there was nothing sweet to drink with the coffee like for example Baileys. When the new Airbus will enter service they might be one of the best airlines in Europe.

AIR SERBIA Customer review :  22 January 2014 by Christopher Roxley    (Serbia)

BEG-AUH-BNE - 21 Dec 2013. Flight 50% full, check-in ok, but could not issue ticket or select seat on AUH-BNE component of same ticket which was disappointing. Meal reasonable goulash with gnocchi, fine, lights on for too long, would have preferred brightness lowered soon after take-off for night flight. On arrival to AUH had be bussed to terminal, crew decent, slight attitude - seemed a bit annoyed that I accidentally called. Otherwise friendly during other times, meal service and welcome. Plane looked good and I had whole row to myself so that was great. 7.5 out of 10. Also a bit annoyed to find out unable to earn velocity points even on EY's BNE to AUH since ticket issued by Air Serbia. I'm velocity platinum and AUH-BNE also has VA flight code. Going back in a month and checkmytrip was showing both Etihad and Air Serbia flights AUH to BEG until I advised of this, hope it was not blocking others from booking.

AIR SERBIA Customer review :  21 January 2014 by Radojevic Dejan    (Russia)

BEG-SVO, 3 Nov 2013. Check in more organized and efficient than before since line separators were used in the terminal building. Boarding efficient and departure on time YU-ANI B733 clean and well maintained with pillows on every seat. Cabin crew in new uniforms and with good and professional attitude. Catering onboard drastically improved, it starts with a printed menu distributed even in economy class. Beverage trolleys are well stocked, from juice, coke, wines to scotch (all free of charge). Real cutlery on food trays accompanied by a nice fresh meat / cheese / egg snack, yoghurt and fruit salad. All together amazing transition from the old catering serving. Arrival 10 min ahead of schedule. The only improvement could be an additional inflight announcement from the cockpit who only greeted passengers at time of departure from Belgrade.

AIR SERBIA Customer review :  14 January 2014 by Adrian Stavrakis    (Greece)

Initially I flew with JAT Airways back in September from SKG to BEG with an extremely noisy turboprop aircraft. Either due to long service or due to bad maintenance it felt bad and the service was mediocre, having two stewards with basic English and average catering. On January 11 I boarded JU523 again from SKG to BEG. I boarded an Emirates leased A319 with Air Serbia livery, and had four very kind stewards. I found small pillows in Air Serbia brand on the seats and overall a huge boost in standards. I asked for a seat change due to a knee problem I had for the seats right at the emergency exit corridor, and was immediately granted one. The catering from two small cupcakes in foil had changed into a paperbag with a 0.25l water bottle, a paper cup and a packed sandwich with options for only cheese, cheese and ham or cheese and turkey plus the trolley with the bar. Given the fact that the flight takes slightly over an hour, those are excellent choices. Only minor point is the training of the personnel into the new status of the airline, calling once "Welcome onboard JAT Airways flight" and once "Thank you for choosing Air Serbia flight" Overall, the impression I got was as if I was in a star alliance equivalent member airline.

AIR SERBIA Customer review :  10 January 2014 by Velibor Marinkovich    (Russia)

JU 651, SVO-BEG (27th Dec). B733 YU-ANK, seat 2A. Load factor 100% (both J and Y classes). Departed gate 16 min late due to late start of boarding. Cabin crew purser in early 50's but all other members significantly younger. Crew did not provide assistance with overcoats but welcome drinks served. Newspapers, menu and food orders taken by purser while taxiing. Served after take off drink with warm nuts. Choice of main food between chicken with vegetables and staffed zucchini. Appetizer consisted of 2-3 shrimps and salmon. Chocolate cake for desert very tasty. Choice between 2 red and 2 white wines and good selection of aperitifs and non alcoholic drinks. Overall good meals and selection but nothing spectacular. Service was good and there is nothing to complain about but it lacked a bit of final touch to categorize it as something one remembers, no refills offered (same with bread basket) but after asking I got everything. Cockpit crew made 2 announcements to welcome passengers and also gave in flight details. Arrived BEG about 15 minutes after schedule at gate A10 (operational air bridge). Luggage came in shortly but priority tag status was not observed during delivery. Overall fair rating would be 8 (out of ten). To be improved: earlier check in, time of departure punctuality, assistance with coats, a bit more leg room, appetizer could be better and a salad would be a +, additional runs with bread / wine (without asking) would be nice. Absolutely not worst than AF or LH European service in business but not quite like Asian or Middle East airlines.

Flew JU656, BEG-SVO on 8/1/14. Departure on time. 100% full even though SU had a flight leaving some 20-30 minutes prior to ours. Catering in business was fantastic, worth trying "home-made meatballs and stuffed peppers" and Serbian made Chardonnay! Purser and cabin staff very communicative and pleasant. Overall great flight and product even for a red-eye.

AIR SERBIA Customer review :  8 January 2014 by M Zivkovic    (UK)

Travelled to Belgrade on 9th November, YU 381 and returned to London on 16th November, YU380. What a pleasant surprise. Food was very good and for a change it was served with proper cutlery!

AIR SERBIA Customer review :  7 January 2014 by Y Raltseva    (UK)

London Heathrow to SKG via Belgrade return and feel disappointed. At the beginning of November, my flight, which I had booked in May to get a good price, was rescheduled and now included a sleepover in Belgrade both ways with no accommodation offered. All 4 flights were late from 30 to 40 minutes without an explanation nor an apology offered. Cabin was very nice, new and modern and staff looked professional but were mostly inattentive and got annoyed when asked to move out of the way so people could get to the toilet. Even when I asked for specific help I was ignored by several FAs. English was a problem on the flight back to Heathrow. Drinks get served by 1 member of staff to the entire cabin, which takes about an hour. By the time I got my drink I had spent about 2 hours without a drink, there is no option to buy any at Belgrade past security check and flight was so late. By the time we got our drinks the meal that had been served an hour before had gone cold, the cheese on top of the salad had started to melt, and the white wine (served in a small plastic cup) had gone warm. Some people were told "sorry no beef left chicken only". That was the only flight that offered a decent meal. I thought overall that a lot of effort has been made with the re-branding and it looks great but customer service is not great and there are organisational issues on board. Most disappointing was the cancellation of the daily connection between Heathrow and SKG and how we were dealt with. I will be avoiding this airline in future.

JAT AIRWAYS Customer review :  25 September 2013 by Richard Malpas    (UK)

London Heathrow to Skopje, via Belgrade and return. Outward journey uneventful, 4+ hours wait at Belgrade for Skopje flight - a good book is essential. Seats for return journey on both flights booked on arrival at Skopje airport - row 8, seat C (aisle seat) in both cases. Flight from Skopje to Belgrade uneventful, but another good book needed at Belgrade. Row 8 on the Heathrow flight (JU 210) proved to have very, very little leg room, so much so that I had to sit sideways with my knees sticking out into the aisle. The food tray lodged on my chest when I tried to lower it. I complained to a stewardess and requested another seat, but nothing was done until after takeoff when the matter was made worse by the passenger in the seat in front of me putting his seat back down, restricting me even further. Another, more angry, complaint resulted in my being moved to another seat with much better leg room. I am 6'1" tall and this is the first time I've had such a problem with leg room. I assume JAT squeezed this row in to gain extra revenue, but at the cost of greatly reduced customer satisfaction. Another issue on this flight was a sudden, loud and frightening bang that came from the plane. I assumed it was caused by turbulence, but other passengers seemed to think it was mechanical. The flight landed at Heathrow without problem and to a ripple of applause from the passengers.

JAT AIRWAYS Customer review :  12 September 2013 by C Anwyl    (UK)

London - Belgrade. Flight out delayed by an hour and a half. Plane old and toilets very smelly with no toilet paper in either by only halfway through the flight. When I asked a steward, he gave me some paper towels. On the way back, again plane very old although it was on time. Very little leg room indeed. One toilet only for a whole plane and, again, no toilet paper although this time I was prepared! Staff generally uncaring and rude aside from one lady who was friendly enough. Worst airline I've ever travelled with.

JAT AIRWAYS Customer review :  11 September 2013 by D Subzero    (USA)

Flew from Schiphol (Amsterdam) to BEG, BEG to Brussels. Arriving flight to Schiphol was 30 mins late, which delayed the outbound flight to Belgrade by an hour. Once finally boarded, we sat in the cabin for another 15 mins as the captain announced we're waiting for a "few bags" to be loaded. After 15 minutes, the captain announced we'd be taking-off but that a few bags were still not on the plane, and thus would have to be delivered to those affected. Flight itself was comfortable, plane a bit outdated, but the crew were courteous and the landing impeccable. However, once at the baggage claim terminal in Belgrade, about half the plane was missing their bags. I had a layover of over 2.5 hours in Schiphol, so no reason why my suitcase should have not been loaded. Once my claim was complete (2 hours later), I was told to call back the following day, and that luggage would be delivered within two days at my final destination. 2 days later, informed that the baggage should arrive within the next 3 days. My luggage made it back to me 5 days later. Lastly, trip from Belgrade to Brussels was comfortable and on time, as it was the first flight out, at 06.55am. In-flight crew was courteous once again, excellent take- off/landing. No entertainment, but leg room is better than on most American airlines. Overall, when functioning correctly and on time, I would rate them a 5.5/10, losing stars because of the older planes/baggage issues. However, all things considered, I give my experience with JAT a 3. Baggage was a huge problem.

JAT AIRWAYS customer review :  6 September 2013 by A White   (UK)

BEG-LGW (return portion). Despite having a confirmed ticket and an actual seat number, I was bumped from my return flight to London, I had arrived to the airport 1hr before the flight. I was rebooked 10 days later to London Heathrow. I was refused a slip saying I had been bumped by the JAT Duty Manager. Thankfully another JAT staff member of staff sorted this out. My flight from LGW-BEG departed on time but the plane smelt of cigarette smoke. Plane was old and dishevelled. I fly 3 times a year on JAT and normally the English spoken by the Stewards is very poor. This time though it was quite good. The food was, as usual, extremely low quality (a pre packed sandwich of white bread and low quality processed cheese and ham). Tip: bring your own food. JAT staff at Nikola Tesla Airport are hit and miss with their level of English so problems and queries are hard to sort out.

JAT AIRWAYS customer review :  3 September 2013 by G Stoykovich   (USA)

TXL-BEG, July 19. My flight from TXL to Belgrade was very comfortable, on time, and manned with courteous crew. My biggest worry was not the pilots, who I believe to be on par with other Euro crews, but the old planes, some of which are very old. Hopefully that issue will be dealt with soon, with the new planes they are getting.

JAT AIRWAYS customer review :  15 August 2013 by A Elliott   (Ireland)

Belgrade to Paris CDG. Flight back better than last time. Cabin relatively new and on par with other European airlines. Inflight catering was good and refreshments offered were tasty. Belgrade airport nice and clean. Overall a nice experience.

JAT AIRWAYS customer review :  12 August 2013 by E Mayora   (UK)

I have flown JAT frequently over the last 5 years (London Heathrow to Belgrade and back). While the planes are old, they are well maintained and pilots seem well trained and able. Cabin crew are well mannered and helpful. The on-board refreshments are somewhat disappointing. Planes leave and arrive on time in general. I have only had one annoying experience when my luggage was left behind in London and not delivered to me until 2 days later. I always fly JAT on this route. I find them generally trustworthy and reliable.

JAT AIRWAYS customer review :  10 July 2013 by A Elliott   (Ireland)

Paris CDG to Belgrade. This was a connecting flight which we booked with Air France. Was a bit nervous about flying with them because I heard lots of stories about long delays. The flight was 25 minutes late so it wasn't too bad. We were greeted by very nice and pleasant cabin crew. Our plane was not fitted with the new seats so cabin was looking a bit worse for wear as were some of the crew. Catering was very simple; a drink and a sandwich. The sandwich was very big and very tasty by airline food standard so I was impressed by this. Overall, I think JAT product is on par or even above par with other European carriers with the exception of the old cabin but I hear their getting new planes in October so then I except they will be excellent. I would definitely fly JAT again.

JAT AIRWAYS customer review :  26 June 2013 by Z Stefan   (UK)

LHR-BEG-LHR on 733! Unfortunately I remember those since they heyday in silver livery. Outbound flight (13/6/13) delayed 2.5hrs. At least ground handling staff had a courtesy to say there was a delay while checking-in suitcase. No surprise about the delay on my behalf. The amazing situation was announcement at LHR that boarding would begin in 15 minutes only to be told that the they were still trying to locate the vehicle with petrol. Boarding was slow and chaotic, massive hand luggage allowed in the overhead lockers. Flight as such was unremarkable. Still same old grey sandwich and dispensing machine plastic cup as a tradition. No thoughts on throwing some logos or identity on those. Due to long delay, plane arrived at T1, no announcements about this on arrival. On return (23/6/13) plane appeared "fresher" (old Recaro seats from LH I guess), crew very competent and actually pleasant, 20min delay due to LHR traffic jam, not a traumatic experience overall. I am still refusing W6 on this route and dearly I miss BA888.

JAT AIRWAYS customer review :  24 June 2013 by J Fleming   (UK)

I travel regularly from London to Belgrade and back and have to say I am fairly satisfied with the JAT service albeit the planes are a bit tired but clean. This was not the case when travelling from Podgorica to Sarajevo on 18th June 2013. I had noticed on the way out to Podgorica whilst in Belgrade airport that the scheduled flight to Sarajevo that evening, 16th June, had been cancelled. On arrival at Podgorica airport on 18th I was issued with a ticket to Belgrade, no mention of Sarajevo my eventual destination. Staff told me I would be issued with a ticket to Sarajevo when I reached Belgrade. On arrival at Belgrade I was informed that the Sarajevo flight had been cancelled and we would be put up in a hotel in Belgrade to catch the 05.30hrs flight to Sarajevo the following morning. At 03.30 hrs we were bussed to the airport and flown to Sarajevo.

JAT AIRWAYS customer review :  11 June 2013 by T Morgan   (UK)

First trip to Belgrade from Heathrow. I have never met such an unprofessional, uncaring ground and cabin crew. The girls at the gate were faffing about trying to get people with the smallest cabin bags to check them into the hold but completely ignored those who were clutching large suitcases. They continuing chewing gum and tried to separate passengers from their hand luggage. The cabin crew were unhelpful, miserable and useless. 2 of the 3 seats in front of me wouldn't stay in the upright position. The woman sitting next to me asked for some water but the stewardess didn't wait for her to get hold of the paper cup and consequently it finished up all over me. I've never seen so much shrugging and arm waving in all my life but she didn't offer any assistance to help dry me off. Many of the overhead lockers didn't close properly and those that did were difficult to open. Flight from Belgrade to Heathrow was marginally better. At least the cabin crew smiled.

JAT AIRWAYS customer review :  6 June 2013 by T Mayer   (Germany)

TXL-BEG-TXL. This Airline is a disaster. IBoth flights were delayed 3-4 hours. JAT is running short of functioning aircraft's, 30 years old and in bad condition. Interior is 80"s Soviet style. Obviously no refurbishment for those nearly 30 years - and rare cleaning. Cabin crew just rude. Food/drinks unacceptable.

JAT AIRWAYS customer review :  5 June 2013 by Nuno Jesus   (Portugal)

ZRH-BEG, 1 June, JU331 operated by Aviogenex B737-200. Flight was on time, plane 26 years old but interior was still ok. Old crew, not so nice appearance, but did their job well, helping passengers when needed. Big double and tasty sandwich served on the 1h30 flight. The same crew and same plane on the BEG-TXL leg, 2 June, JU354, a not so good sandwich on the 1 hr 40 mins flight. Many non alcoholic drinks options. Good value for money.

JAT AIRWAYS customer review :  20 May 2013 by R Tanasijevic   (Serbia)

My flight to Sarajevo has been cancelled due technical reasons, but must say that JAT's ground staff at the airport in Belgrade was excellent in that situation and provided great support - they even contacted my hotel in Sarajevo to explain the problem of my late arrival and offered official written document to support that.

JAT AIRWAYS customer review :  13 May 2013 by J Ackermann   (Germany)

Departure postponed one day before the flight. On the day of the flight, Internet research told me, that the flight would be severely delayed, which it was. No official information by JAT until arriving at check-in, so went to the airport for the scheduled time, just to be told, had to wait for hours. No EU-compensation (such as drinks voucher) as JAT had postponed the flight the day before for one hour so the flight was still within the 3 hour delay limit. On boarding, there was a strong smell of cigarettes, apparently from the staff's smoking break. Two of the stewardesses were chewing gum. Cabin interior among the most rotten I have encountered. Aircraft (YU-ANK) from 1985 and probably the cabin was from that time too. Only soft drinks served and one inedible soft roll. Inflight magazine in Serbian only. Baggage delivery in Belgrade was quick, though (due to the delay our flight was one of the last ones for that day). Return flight: postponed 2 days in advance, actual delay much bigger. Crew better that time. JAT has no back-up aircraft, so one delay can scramble the whole flight schedule as on the return flight afternoon/evening almost every JAT flight to/from Belgrade was delayed whereas all other airlines were on time. Bad communication all the way, aged, unattractive product.

JAT AIRWAYS customer review :  27 March 2013 by A Milossavlyevich   (Turkey)

BEG-IST round-trip on B737. Check-in at BEG done in the blink of an eye, all requests observed. Plane looking fairly new and extremely clean, seating spacious. Staff very friendly and professional, food plentiful (on demand). Pilots obviously showing superior skills of airman-ship. Their in-flight review is great and informative. Would fly JAT again without hesitation.

JAT AIRWAYS customer review :  22 March 2013 by William Hopkins   (USA)

Istanbul to Belgrade and from Belgrade to Sarajevo. I was extremely impressed. The food wasn't great but the crew were the friendliest that I have met on an airline, the seats were comfortable, and the pilot spoke much more comprehensible English than any of the Turkish Airlines pilots that I flew with. I hate flying but JAT made the experience about as pleasant as flying gets for somebody like me.

JAT AIRWAYS customer review :  1 March 2013 by A Poole   (UK)

I have been flying with JAT Airways regularly, LHR-BEG return, ever since BA stopped operating this route in 2009. I will try to avoid them in the future, due to constant delays (of several hours), lack of communication regarding new departure times towards waiting passengers (2 hours delay can easily turn into 4 hours without any announcements), as well as due to unprofessional and unhelpful staff in both BEG and LHR Terminal 4 Departures ticket desk, and finally due to ridiculous prices (as they do not have a competition). I can't say much about the in-flight service, nothing good or bad.

JAT AIRWAYS customer review :  12 November 2012 by Danijel Trajkovic   (Serbia)

Moscow to Belgrade on a Boeing 737-300. Plane was very old, half the lights flickering. Served a terrible sandwich but good quality juice! The service was the worst I've seen. I'm a frequent traveler flying at least 2 times a month and have never seen something as bad as this!

JAT AIRWAYS customer review :  11 September 2012 by H Wie   (Sweden)

Travelled from Stockholm to Belgrade. Overall good experience. Plane was old, but in good condition. A sandwich and drinks were complimentary. Attendants were friendly. I have no complaints.

JAT AIRWAYS customer review :  10 September 2012 by J Williams   (UK)

We travelled LHR-BEG return plus transfers to Podgorica and Tivat. The planes are very old and grubby with tables, air vents and arms rests broken. The inflight food and drinks are terrible: a completely inedible sandwich and horrible cheap orange juice served in dispensing machine plastic cups. The staff on all flights were keen to do as little as possible and sat at the back of the plane most of the time. The tap was broken in the toilet and when reported to the staff, they simply shrugged their shoulders. Our transfer from Tivat to BEG was re-timed a week before the flight: when we turned up at the airport for the rescheduled flight, it transpired the flight didn't exist. We were offered only a 6 hour wait, a three hour bus journey then a transfer flight from Podgorica. After protesting, they begrudgingly put us on a Montenegro Airlines flight so we arrived only 4 hours late. My advise is do all you can to avoid travelling with JAT Airways, especially given the steep prices.

JAT AIRWAYS customer review :  13 August 2012 by A Savin   (Denmark)

Flew economy CPH-BEG and business BEG-CPH. Terrible service, grumpy ill-mannered staff, old planes, dated interior. Inedible sandwiches on the outbound flight, barely edible food in business on the inbound with drinks served in dispensing cups. The staff do not seem to care. Boarding was a mess with two wheelchair- bound and one blind passenger left to wait, only to be rushed through the crowd at the very last moment. Not very child friendly either.

JAT AIRWAYS customer review :  12 June 2012 by Reinjo Niemeijer   (Netherlands)

AMS-BEG-AMS in Business Class, seats 02D and 02F. Check-in and boarding smooth. No significant delays. Older Boeing 733, however fully functional. 8 seats in business, toilet in front which is not shared with Economy Class passengers. Leg space and seat recline sufficient. Curtain separates the business class compartment with economy class. No TV screens. Professional staff, no smiles, to the point. Food and service ok. Do not expect the more luxury level of service, however, the low price (450 euro) is definitely value for money.

JAT AIRWAYS customer review :  26 April 2012 by N Reeves   (UK)

Yet another grim business class flight LHR-BEG return. Delayed outbound, not one passenger opted for a meal - this says everything. Orange juice served in plastic dispensing machine type cups. Boarding at BEG more like a scrum and no enhanced service to biz customers. Coffee awful, tepid and bitter - milk served in another plastic cup! All in all a very poor standard for the price.

JAT AIRWAYS customer review :  25 April 2012 by Stana Cvetkovic   (UK)

We have not been to Belgrade for many years and flew with JAT. Airport staff advised us that they had no exit seats available but when we got onboard we found this was untrue - not a good start as we are both 6ft tall! However a lovely stewardess moved us into the 3rd row and other people in a similar situation into the 10th row so the journey was fine. The service we got was fantastic, we both felt that customer service has improved greatly. Sandwiches were fresh, we were offered numerous drinks and we got an Easter egg - which was a lovely touch!

JAT AIRWAYS customer review :  15 April 2012 by Ivan Nikolic   (Serbia)

I flew to London Heathrow return. The plane was old, but very clean. Flight was on time. Staff onboard very polite and professional.

JAT AIRWAYS customer review :  14 April 2012 by A Milossavlyevich   (Serbia)

IST-BEG. JAT's catering recently improved significantly, sandwiches fresh, tasty served with tea or juices. Plane older but clean. Staff professional. No TVs or IFE. A great choice of newspapers, more than enough for a less than 2 hours journey. Someone forgot to install hygienic head-rests though and few trays seemed half- broken. Departure and arrival ahead of schedule. All that for a reasonable fare, much cheaper and with better ticket rules and conditions than the competition on the route.

JAT AIRWAYS customer review :  30 March 2012 by Sinisa Vasic   (Germany)

Frankfurt to Belgrade return two weeks ago. Flights on time. The plane was an older Boeing 737-300 but it was clean and well maintained. The crew were friendly.

JAT AIRWAYS customer review :  22 March 2012 by N Reeves   (UK)

LHR-BEG-LHR. Poor business class offering. Old, grubby B737-300 smelling strongly of stale smoke. Drinks served in dispensing machine style plastic cups. Food inedible. Poor leg room and seat recline. No entertainment whatsoever. Cabin crew polite and functional outbound but much better inbound, frequently asking if there was anything they could do in terms of drinks etc. Plus points -arrived on time. JAT need to update their service offering.

JAT AIRWAYS customer review :  19 March 2012 by Alan Wingrove   (UK)

Three of us travelled from London Heathrow to Belgrade. We expected an old plane and poor food - and that's what we got! We travelled business class as we wanted extra legroom; which we thought was a misguided attempt, until we saw the standard seats. Check-in staff at Heathrow and Belgrade were great. However, I cannot remember the last time I got on to a plane with ashtrays built into the seat armrests. No facility for inflight entertainment and the introductory business-class 'drink' is a plastic cup of water or juice. If you are sensible, eat before you board.

JAT AIRWAYS customer review :  9 February 2012 by Aleksandar Elliott   (USA)

I flew from Belgrade to London on a Boeing 733. Plane was old but well maintained and clean. For the price I paid, the biscuit, sandwich and free drinks were well worth it. Crew were very nice and pleasant. The service was better than the big European airlines like Lufthansa or Air France.

JAT AIRWAYS customer review :  22 November 2011 by A Milossavlyevich   (Russia)

Belgrade to Moscow on Boeing 737-300. The drop in service level since is abysmal, we were served a disgusting sandwich on the 3hr flight. Good sides were professional crew, old plane but very well maintained, no IFE, overhead TV's turned off and excellent in-flight magazine. Overall, the service is no worse than on other major pan-European airlines, my main disappointment coming from the slump in service level from the one I used to remember.

JAT AIRWAYS customer review :  7 November 2011 by I Markovic   (Canada)

Every single flight went wrong. Delayed for 2 hours outbound. The second flight delayed 5 hours while we waited for another plane. Returning, our flight was cancelled and we had to wait another 4 hours due to technical problems. They didn't offer any alternatives. The cabin is very old. No entertainment. Poor meal and drinks.

JAT AIRWAYS customer review :  30 September 2011 by Z Stefan   (UK)

BEG-LHR, one way on B733. I expected a tired plane and it was, food of poor quality and only one trolley service for a 2.5 hrs flight was disappointing. Crew were stony faced apart from one young male member who was professional.

JAT AIRWAYS customer review :  29 September 2011 by O Müller   (Switzerland)

BEG-VIE with a ATR72. At check-in some uncertainties as the flight was operated by JAT as a code-share with Austrian and frequent flyer handling was unclear to the staff at the counter. All in all ground staff and FA were just polite albeit on the curt side. PA onboard could not be understood due to the noise in the plane, which was not the newest one. Seat comfort ok for so short a journey. Non-alcoholic beverages plus a tiny dry cheese sandwich was included in the service.

JAT AIRWAYS customer review :  4 July 2011 by T Reid   (USA)

BEG-FCO with JAT. Positives: great OW fare, good schedule, a hassle-free experience at Belgrade airport, on-time departure and polite staff. Negatives: staff looked very tired and, with the exception of one woman, did not smile, the militaristic gate agent yelled out rows as she boarded them in Serbian only, and the 737-300 had worn-out seats, poor lighting and shabby toilets. Overall, I was thrilled with the price I paid for the flight, which got me to Rome on time.

JAT AIRWAYS customer review :  18 May 2011 by L Eckles   (Canada)

Plane's cabin horribly worn out and filthy. I used this for a last minute Belgrade to Brussels flight. Food barely edible. The only good things about the flight were the low price.

JAT AIRWAYS customer review :  22 January 2011 by R McCarthy   (Australia)

AMS-BEG-AMS Economy Class. JAT Airways provided a cheap fare from Amsterdam to Belgrade, and I think it was worth the price. Boarding was very pushy, inflight catering was awful (dreadful looking sandwich and a piece of chocolate), but service was efficient (if a bit blunt - there was an initial inflight announcement prior to leaving Amsterdam that just said 'Hurry. Sit down. We depart...'!) and all flights were within five to ten minutes of the schedule.

JAT AIRWAYS customer review :  18 September 2010 by D Radojevic   (Russia)

Beg-SVO. Professional and courteous cabin staff, and finally some younger staff onboard. Catering has improved. B737 showing it's age and could be a bit cleaner.

JAT AIRWAYS customer review :  27 April 2010 by Ronerto Cusato   (Italy)

DBX-BGD-MIL. Both legs on (old and tired) B737-300. 7 hours of flight no with IFE. Meals scarce! Second flight was 1 hour late. All in all, a bad experience, ok only for the lower paid price.

JAT AIRWAYS customer review : 8 January 2010 by P Dejan

Trip Rating : 5/10

BEG-STR-BEG. My first flight with JAT Airways, after more than 4 years of hesitation, purely chosen again because of the promotion rate I paid. I was curious to see what has changed during those four years. Not much, I would say, something for better, something for worse. Outbound flight was on one of those few JAT’s B737-300 with refurbished interior, nothing special, but at least, new seat covers and lights have given better and fresher look, than the other one which took us back home. Alcoholic drinks are not free and instead of warm meals, with salads and fruits, nowadays you would get a sandwich, small biscuit and coffee, water or juice free of charge. It is ok if the ticket price matches that catering, which it did in my case. Load was about 80% to STR and about 65% on return flight, I guess because of holidays. Both flights were punctual, even arrived few minutes earlier. Cabin crew, what new can I say - some things never change. Outbound flight, 1 FA in 30s, the other 3 in 50s, on the way back even worse, oddest crew I have ever seen. They were professional, but no smiles, just doing the job, looked not interested and eager. They need some younger crews urgently. Overall experience was average, but given the fare I paid reasonable. Jat could do much better, I am sure.

JAT AIRWAYS customer review : 11 November 2009 : by Gerard Morrissey

Customer Rating : 0/5

0 Star Rating

They sold me a flight with a connection in Belgrade that suited me, but on reaching Belgrade I found I was re-booked on a flight 2 hours later. No proper explanation (original flight left on time). Complaints fell on deaf ears and my trip was badly inconvenienced. They seem to do it regularly as I've heard of others who had exactly the same experience. In my view JAT are dishonest and not to be trusted. I won't fly with them again.

JAT AIRWAYS customer review : 8 April 2009 : by Z Stefan

Customer Rating : 5/5

5 Star Rating

LHR-BEG. Tired and depressive Terminal 2 does not help but JAT’s B737-300 was even worse than the terminal. The interior of the plane was tired. The plastic lining around the windows and luggage compartments was very noisy during the take off. It seemed that whole inside of the plane was not attached properly to the steel frame. Squeaky plastic lining apart, the cabin crew was pretty tired looking. On the positive note, crew professional, polite and offering drinks throughout the flight. Soft drinks, coffee are included in the ticket but alcoholic drinks are charged. There is a trick with those drinks though - they do not accept Serbian Dinars! They only accept Euros and do not carry change! Sandwich was grey looking thing but tasty! Overall, comfortable flight, tired planes and crew and disorganised and appalling in- flight sales. Would I fly with JAT again? I would always prefer BA on this route, but JAT would be an option.

JAT AIRWAYS review : 3 February 2009 : by David Bauer

Customer Rating : 2/5

2 Star Rating

VIE-BEG-VIE. My first flight was ATR 72 in Business Class. The seats were the same, the noise terrible! The only difference - you get a menu, with one little slice bread more than in economy class! My flight back was in a Boeing 737-400. In Business class, there were tvs and Business class seats. But I only got something to drink.

JAT Airways - by Elvis Ajkic

21 October 2008  Customer Trip Rating : 4 Star Rating

FRA-BEG-FRA on an older Boeing 737-400. The crew was friendly and meal also very good.

JAT Airways - by Andrija Matic

3 June 2008  Customer Trip Rating : 2 Star Rating

TIV-BEG return economy class. Both flights operated by ATR 72 aircraft. On both legs aircraft showing age, cabin dirty and seats old and cramped. One complimentary drink offered on each flight. Cabin crew very polite in spite of their age and dressed in a little bit worn out uniforms. Still, the best option on this route.

JAT Airways - by Stefan Fink

21 May 2008  Customer Trip Rating : 4 Star Rating

FRA-BEG return last week. Flight experience good, quite old but clean Boeing 737-300, cabin crew was friendly. Inflight service very simple (consisted of a small cheese, ham and pickles sandwich and beverages) but adequate for a 2 hours flight. Would fly with them again.

JAT Airways - by David Williams

28 October 2007  Customer Trip Rating : 4 Star Rating

LHR-Belgrade-LHR in business. Alitalia lounge at Heathrow was quiet and pleasant, with adequate facilities. Onboard the 737 business was in a dedicated cabin, with three rows of seats in a 2x2 config. These are old-style first class seats with plenty of leg room. Pre-flight juice and water offered, sparkling wine on request. FA’s busy and courteous. Food ordinary airline food served in massive portions – a Serbian characteristic. Crew generous with wine and other drinks. Cabin was full but with all that space you hardly noticed. All in all it made me nostalgic for the days when most business classes in Europe were like this – ie a sufficiently different experience to warrant the higher price. JAT’s price is roughly £500 as opposed to BA £800 on the same route. Only slight disappointment was the funereal business lounge at Belgrade (tatty purple leather sofas), but even that offered a waitress service of drinks and snacks. Would definitely fly JAT business again.

JAT Airways - by D Troyak

26 April 2007   Customer Trip Rating : n/a

Business class Dubai-Belgrade via Beirut. Very nice flight on 737-300, aircraft in good condition with 12 Business class seats. Cabin crew professional, meals with full size trays out of Dubai and Beirut. Luggage claim in Belgrade was quick.

JAT Airways - by Michael Murray
11 September 2006

London to Belgrade return. Both flights left a little late (20-30 minutes) but arrived on time. The staff were pleasant and served refresher towels before takeoff from London. Cold drink and peanuts followed by a fresh sandwich and wafer biscuit bar on both sectors. Boeing 737-400 comfortable enough and clean. JAT airport staff in Belgrade friendly. Alitalia staff in London ( who look after JAT flights there) also accommodating. No problems. Would fly with JAT again.

JAT Airways - by Christian Claussen
11 September 2006

CPH-BEG return in economy. The plane was a Boeing 737-300, a little old and used but everything worked. Staff polite and served peanuts and juice, followed by sandwiches and coffee. It was okay, but nothing special.

JAT Airways - by Olaf Johnsson
28 February 2006

LHR-BEG-LHR. The flight to Belgrade was delayed one hour and a half. No explanation was offered for this. Even worse, repeatedly asking one of the ground crew about the delay only produced an empty smile and a meaningless 'yes' in reply. When we finally did board the plane, I found out my seat was broken. The flight attendants did not in any way respond to my complaints.

JAT Airways - by Arne Hansson
3 September 2005

I work on an EU project in Belgrade and my wife and I fly JAT regularly to/from London (three return flights so far this year). The daily flights to London is said to be the only profitable route for JAT and kept operating also during the strike last January. A few cancellations were compensated by transferring the passengers to BA or Austrian the same day. Delayed departures by up to an hour are common in both directions, however (50% of our three flights our of six this year). You will not get any excuses or explanations. Otherwise the service is OK also in economy class. Only a cold snack but that seems to be standard for most inter-European flights nowadays. OK, the planes are 20 years old and the seats are a bit worn, but everything works and is well maintained. According to statistics (which I get through my work) JAT is among the safest airlines in Europe. If we book early they are usually less expensive to London than BA.

JAT Airways - by Kiri Friscani
5 July 2005

My first time on JAT from Frankfurt to Beograd. Accompanied with husband, son and wheelchair bound mother-in-law, the aircraft interior was well and truely worn and torn, seats terribly uncomfortable, checking the pockets in seats only found emergency card, nothing else. The aircraft type was very noisy. Cabin services appeared friendly but not of international standard. A cold meal was presented, not very appetising. Upon disembarking aircraft at Beograd, after other passengers left aircraft, due to wheelchair bound mother-in-law, only myself was promptly directed by female cabin crew to "get off aircraft" with the pointing of her hand to the exit door followed by another reply " you must leave now". Having travelled myself around the world on many different airlines, I have never experienced such appalling behaviour. Politeness and courtesy appeared non-existent to this cabin crew member. On her part, the language barrier was offered as a mis-understanding on my part.

JAT Airways - by Sanja Cupic

1 July 2005

Oslo to Belgrade on their B737. I was in economy and was surprised by the standard of service. The seats were not the best and I would give it a 6 out of 10. However the service was good. We were served a cold meal of traditional Serbian food, cakes and chocolates. The duty free shop was cheap so I bought a few perfumes for. I enjoyed the flight and would fly Jat again.

JAT Airways - by Jeff Williams

22 March 2005

BEI-DBX 19th March. I cannot comment on the in-flight service or the aircraft as it simply didn't arrive in Beirut. There was no warning; indeed there were no JAT staff or handling agents whatsoever. Right up to departure time there was no indication that the flight had not left Belgrade. Eventually the word "cancelled" appeared on the screen - at 0100hrs. Next flight (MEA) 4.30pm!! Absolutely disgraceful. They don't care about customers.

JAT Airways - by Goran Vukmanovic

11 January 2005

In last two months JAT passengers are in constant fear that they will not depart from their destinations as JAT employees are under the strike every few days. If there would be an under 1 star rating for an airline companies I would definitely rate JAT with minus -5 star airline. Try to avoid it if you can!

JAT Airways - by Manfred W Mueller

6 January 2005

I always use JAT airways from Germany to Serbia. The aircraft are in a good condition and the staff is quite friendly. A great advantage is their punctuality.

JAT Airways - by Stephen Lin

12 October 2004

FCO-BGD-FCO, it was an overall good experience in an ATR-72 in economy, the plane was to damn loud but service was very good for a short flight. The cabin crew spoke good English and we were well informed about the flight, the magazine was good as well. The seat was small but comfortable and the food came with complimentary chocolate and a fig biscuit which were delicious.

JAT Airways - by M Wickham

11 September 2003

I recently flew LHR-BEG -LHR and I must say that it was quite a pleasant experience. The Boeing737-300 showed some signs of wear and tear but the cabin crew were pleasant and attentive. The flights in both directions were punctual and the captain kept us well informed of places of interest as we flew over.

JAT Airways - by Luka Popovic

28 July 2003

I flew with JAT Airways to Dubai a couple of times and had an immediate connection to Sydney with Emirates. Their service offers you special Serbian and Arabian very tasty meals. I was pleased with the seating arrangement in business class on Being 737. Their cabin staff was very friendly.

JAT Airways - by S Saad

28 June 2003

JAT Airways - business class, flights LHR-BEG-LHR. Seating in B737 can put to shame just about all european airlines on short-haul flights in a 2x2 black leather seat configuration (only 3 rows and non of that modular expand-contract stuff). Staff were no different from any other 3 star airline. The interior of the aircraft was clean and seemed well kept. Nevertheless, the toilet looked particularly poor with only a small bar of soap and half a role of toilet paper. The toilet interior seemed like it was repainted by hand years ago and not maintained since. The food was OK; portions were average airline size and passable taste. I liked the fact that they gave me metal cutlery, starched white table-cloth and napkins, and normal household size glasses, and most impressively of all a full sized (no bizarre airline styling whatsoever) coffee cup with saucer - in fact their china, glassware, etc is a bit like in a restaurant and not a plane. So the seats are great as well as food presentation (the content very average for a 2 and bit hour flight and not really worth commenting on) - but they should really do something about those lavatory units. On the whole I have to confess I was a bit impressed. I had no luggage to check-in so - no comment.

JAT Yugoslav Airlines - by Eric Albin

11 July 2002

I regularly travel on JAT Business Class between Zurich and Belgrade and am extremely satisfied with the product, which is much better than one would typically expect. Seating is probably the best Business Class seating on short haul flight with 2 x 2 seating, big First Class leather seats and only 10-12 seats depending on aircraft type. Service is 4*, with hot meals being served even on afternoon flights of one and a half hour duration. early they are usually less expensive to London than BA.

PAGE:   1 | 2 |