Japan Airlines  Passenger Reviews and Japan Airlines Passenger Trip Reports

1 2 3 4 5

JAPAN AIRLINES customer review :  30 March 2010 by B Elliot   (Australia)

BNE-NRT-BNE both sectors on aged B767-300 operated by Jalways crew. The cabin seats 6 abreast which felt too cramped for a business experience - seats are showing their age with limited functionality and no better than a domestic business class or international premium economy seat. Adequate for daytime flight only. The Magic-III inflight entertainment system worked - however I was disappointed by the range and selection of movies available. The in-flight service differed dramatically. On our flight to Narita, we had a wonderful crew, led by a Thai-based purser - hard working, always in the cabin and a wonderful inflight experience which made up for the substandard cabin. On our return it was the opposite. The service was chaotic and disorganised. The business cabin was full and it was over 2 hours after boarding before we were even offered a drink. This is an overnight flight departing Narita ~2130 so the entire meal service should have been completed by 2 hours into the flight to ensure we had sufficient time to rest. However, we hadn't even been offered a drink. We were exhausted after travelling in from Los Angeles so my partner walked down to the galley and requested a snack and a bottle of water. This was promptly provided for us but you could tell our request was not appreciated. The cabin temperature was hot during both flights and the air quality seemed stuffy and overly dry. Requests to lower the air temperature was denied as I was quoted "that the Japanese passengers feel the cold". Overall, if flying JAL again on this route, I would save the money and fly economy.

JAPAN AIRLINES customer review :  29 March 2010 by Roger Stone   (Australia)

BNE-NRT Discount Business Class Fare to connect to Finnair flights to Europe. Meticulous service with good food and wine. B767-300 showing its age a little and as the business cabin was full I had a sense of claustrophobia. I recall JAL used to operate larger B747-400s on this run until a year or so ago so it would be nice to see this type of larger type of aircraft or similar used on this route again. Nevertheless, an excellent flight with superb service.

JAPAN AIRLINES customer review :  12 March 2010 by M Moe   (USA)

NRT-SFO on B777-300ER with the new first class suites. The food was phenomenal and service was second to none. The cabin crew made me feel welcome and they took care of every little need. They were so polite and willing. I have flown every class on JAL and I would recommend it.

JAPAN AIRLINES customer review :  6 March 2010 by P Shaw   (UK)

LHR-NRT-LHR booked economy, only to get upgraded to business as economy was full with a lot of group bookings. Was lucky enough to get a bulkhead seat in business, which had great legroom. Lie flat seats were excellent. Food was the best I have had on an airline, and drink available at all times. Flight crew very attentive.

JAPAN AIRLINES customer review :  17 February 2010 by R King   (Australia)

London Heathrow - Tokyo - Sydney. My first time in JAL as I had booked a FF Award seat on QF (LHR-SYD) and it turned out it was on JAL. Easy check-in, great lounge. Service on board was better than I expected - B777-300ER on leg 1, B777-200 on leg 2. Very nice Japanese food, possibly the best I have eaten in Economy. Great FAs, happy to do their best to help with our young child. Ample legroom, and happy to serve food out of normal service times if required. Very good first experience overall.

JAPAN AIRLINES customer review :  12 January 2010 by S Smith   (Australia)

Rome to Tokyo. For a 12 hour flight it was very reasonable. Its fortunate I got an exit row seat otherwise I think I would have died. Im 6ft 5 and pretty thin so the width of the seat didn't bother me, but if you are even slightly overweight I think you would find the seats uncomfortable. Service of staff on JAL is exceptional, they are so wonderful, happy and willing to help. This was a night flight but I didn't sleep. Also the inflight entertainment is woefully inadequate by today standards. Movies & TV shows are not on demand, you have to wait until the movie/tv show restarts - very frustrating on a long haul flight. Probably wont fly again if it can be avoided.

JAPAN AIRLINES customer review :  26 December 2009 by Quek Keng Guan   (Singapore)

Singapore to KL on B767-300 in Y class. Managed to get a good deal from Zuji website for S$103 including taxes (return). Travelled with family and 2 kids. Were given bulkhead seats on both sectors. Singapore-Kl was about 40% full. Flight was from KIX, with a stopover in Singapore. Thus managed to get some seats from the back with my infant daughter. Was given packet of apple juice and disposable wet wipes. FA polite and offered more wet wipes when they saw me having a sandwich. Flight map shown during the flight. KL to Singapore was about 60% full, a newer B767-300. Cushions were thinner compared to ANA Y Class. Don't think it would be comfortable for a flight for more than 6 hrs to KIX due to thin cushions. Overall, flight was comfortable for a short flight and a bargain.

JAPAN AIRLINES customer review :  14 December 2009 by Y Phua   (Singapore)

SIN-NRT. 11pm flight and the aircraft was extremely warm to the extent that we were sweating. 1 hour into the flight, we were still waiting for our refreshments. We were only served a piece of cookie and a drink. This left us thirsty throughout the flight.

JAPAN AIRLINES customer review :  9 December 2009 by S Klein   (USA)

Late night flight to Narita, fully loaded 777. Despite the cramped seat pitch across their fleet, I have enjoyed flying JAL. The service has been very warm, efficient and polite. However, the catering on this particular flight left a lot to be desired. After take off, and waiting for a little over an hour - smiling flight attendants doled out a drink of choice and two small cookies. That was it - till breakfast was served a few hours later - no choice just the standard very bland congee. Also, having flown on JAL the previous month, having watched most of the movies available - I was a bit disappointed to find the selection of movies almost identical on this flight. So tried to catch up on sleep instead but with a short flight time, breakfast was served about 4.30am. so not much sleep either. While not the best flight I've had with them, I still would fly with them again - perhaps not a red eye like this one. Hope they get that cash injection from somewhere soon.

JAPAN AIRLINES customer review :  7 December 2009 by L Norton   (Australia)

BNE-NRT connecting to Sapporo. Aircraft from Brisbane cramped with seats close together. Had to sit with legs apart as knees hit seat in front and am only 170cm (5'7"). FA friendly, helpful and English speaking. Food disappointing. Hot meal was OK but snack consisted of stale multigrain bread with ham and plastic cheese with mustard pickle reminiscent of your school sandwiches. Obviously need better catering in Brisbane. Domestic connection in Narita was good. Seats better - less cramped. Efficient FA. Fares however cheaper than rival airlines so value for money.

1 2 3 4 5