Japan Airlines  Passenger Reviews and Japan Airlines Passenger Trip Reports

1 2 3 4 5

JAPAN AIRLINES customer review :  27 July 2010 by A Parker   (Australia)

Sydney-Shanghai, Beijing-Sydney via Tokyo both directions. Cabin crew polite and attentive with efficient service. Plane was old with minimal leg room compared with other airlines I have flown. Poor IFE - small selection of movies and unable to use until about 30 mins into flight. Meals terrible - only 1 breakfast option and was not impressed with lunch/dinner options - best meal I had was a ham and cheese sandwich! Overall the staff were fantastic but I would not fly JAL again - I have had far better experiences with cheaper airlines. Disappointing for a 4-star airline.

JAPAN AIRLINES customer review :  10 July 2010 by Tom Hill   (Vietnam)

NRT-SGN: Exquisite service both on the ground and in the air. Profuse apologies for delay in departure from NRT. B767 had very uncomfortable seats.

JAPAN AIRLINES customer review :  18 June 2010 by M Henry   (Japan)

Nagoya-Tokyo-Brisbane return. The economy domestic flight to Tokyo on time, seats wider and had more leg room than the international flight. Only drinks served. Overnight flights are rarely pleasant, and the leg to Brisbane was no exception. The plane was half empty so I was able to have two seats to myself. However, while economy seats were ok width-wise, the legroom was minimal - seats were average in comfort and of an older design. My western style dinner was a bit bland and breakfast was very poor. By the time breakfast was served, I had about 2-3 hours sleep on a 9 hour flight. Staff polite and gave very good service - however they did not hand out any more bottles of water after the initial one at the beginning of the flight, so you have to constantly request for more. Magic inflight entertainment was clunky and basic - Magic III has a few more choices of movies and very simple games, which aren't easy to play with using the controller. The cabin and toilets were clean and collecting my baggage was fine. The return Brisbane to Tokyo was a day flight - cabin again half empty. My experience was better, with the seats appearing to be slightly more modern and comfort was a little better. I got an exit seat, and had the luxury of no-one sitting next to me, which was fantastic. As my seat was located next to the toilets and staff area, it was very convenient. Staff service was very good. Something to note is that it was 6-7 hours between breakfast (9:30am) and lunch (4pm) so bring snacks to keep you going during that time. Food more tasty this time. The domestic flight to Nagoya from Tokyo was very good as I given a complimentary upgrade to a premium economy seat which was much better than the international economy seats. Again cabin and toilets were clean and collecting my bag was fine.

JAPAN AIRLINES customer review :  15 June 2010 by Andrew Rumpel   (Australia)

Flying Japan Airlines in the past to Tokyo and return, my choice to fly again with them in 2009 when I travelled to Japan was an easy choice becuase of the good service and hospitality, but easily a silly mistake this time around. On Sydney - Tokyo, JAL uses a B777 aircraft which was okay and in decent condition, the service was an improvement over last time (primarily in the area of language skills, however other service areas such as attentiveness seem to be lacking and the training flight attendant to Tokyo had no clue what she was doing. The seat was average and legroom pretty standard for economy, nothing special. The food was probably the most appaling thing about the trip (which is odd, considering everywhere I went on my trip to Japan - the food was nothing but excellent). The entertainment was average and lacking a real range of media to play and on my return trip home from Tokyo, AVOD was non-operational so my array of movies was ultimately halved. Overall, Japan Airlines were very average and with the constant problems of inattentive service, disfunctional IFE systems and poor food, I wouldn't fly JAL again.

JAPAN AIRLINES customer review :  13 June 2010 by Roger Stone   (Australia)

BNE-NRT-LHR-NRT-BNE Business Class (heavily discounted). Usual meticulous service, food and wine good and quiet comfortable cabins, although I found the business seats not that good for sleeping. Interestingly, the total actual flying time BNE-LHR was not much more than 19 hours each way via Tokyo due to that route over the Arctic not having to suffer from strong westerly headwinds. I still seem to have to explain to colleagues that this can often be the quickest route via Tokyo from this part of Australia. The only negative on this trip was that while being a One World Emerald allows me to check in quickly in JAL's First Class Check-in in Tokyo (which I greatly appreciate), the young lady in charge of the adjacent 'premium and first' security section refused to let me through 'as I was not a Japan Airlines premium passenger'. Hasn't JAL fully realised it is part of One World Alliance yet? Finally, JAL and other airlines really need to sort out how to maximise potential sleeping time on overnight flights of about 8 hours, rather than serving dinner very late into the night which means potential sleep time of only about 3 hours.

JAPAN AIRLINES customer review :  1 June 2010 by A Barrica   (USA)

NRT-MNL-NRT. Boarding was somewhat of a hassle, but efficient. Flight attendants present in the aisles for the majority of the flight. Dinner served with classic Japanese dishes, food the best I have had on an airline in a long time. IFE contained many choices. At NAIA, there were plenty of agents ready to help passenger upon arrival.

JAPAN AIRLINES customer review :  19 May 2010 by S Klass   (USA)

SIN-NRT early morning 777-200ER flight. Cabin crew smiley and polite. Managed to get a Premium Economy seat which was terrific for the inseat power, better comfort, more legroom and larger IFE screen. Same economy service and meals. Drinks and lunch service very slow to start after takeoff. No menus distributed and meals small and uninspired, presentation could be better. 2 small cookies for dessert. Self serve snack bar set up along with numerous drink runs throughout the flight. IFE good though selection could have been a little wider like SQ or CX. Cabin and bathrooms spotless. On the whole, service was very good the only downer being the meals which I have noticed on other recent JAL flights I've taken have been shrinking in size. Seat comfort and pitch in premium economy is way ahead of the usual economy seats. Can't fault the gracious service on the ground and in the air.

JAPAN AIRLINES customer review :  7 April 2010 by Bill Atkins   (USA)

ORD-NRT. One of the best travel experiences I have had. Great ground experience, new seat has the right amount of privacy and is very comfortable in both seat and bed positions, with plenty of well-designed storage. Vast selection of food choices, perfectly prepared and presented with very high quality wiines including 1997 Salon champagne - worth the trip just for that treat. Cabin crew very friendly and attentive and present at all times.

JAPAN AIRLINES customer review :  3 April 2010 by Glen Gourlay   (Canada)

My wife and I booked JAL from Toronto to Hanoi. The Toronto flight was delayed due to maintenance, so we missed our Chicago connection to Tokyo, and also our connection to Hanoi. Each time we were delayed 24+ hours. No food was provided except a $20 voucher which would not buy us a hamburger each! So we arrived in Hanoi 2 days late, screwing up out itinerary, reservations, etc - including missing destinations in Laos all together. I wrote to JAL a month ago to 2 locations in Vancouver, but no reply or acknowledgement, despite their corporate policy of responding in 14 days. JAL as a national airline is a disaster - little wonder it is in bankruptcy!

1 2 3 4 5