Indigo Airlines Passenger Reviews and Indigo Airlines Customer Trip Reports

WATCH IndiGo Airlines cabin service videos

Indigo Airlines Customer review :  28 October 2014 by Varun Ravichandran (India)

Chennai to Bangalore. The flight took off from Chennai on time, with the captain warning us beforehand that there was very heavy weather over Bangalore that he would try to avoid. We eventually got to Bangalore airspace and ended up circling for 20 minutes or more, until the captain announced that the thunderstorm had passed and we could land before our fuel situation worsened. Reasonably comfortable seat and friendly crew, possibly the most efficient LCC in the Indian skies at the moment and wouldn't hesitate to fly them again.

Indigo Airlines Customer review :  13 October 2014 by Sriharsha Narasimhan (India)

Flight 6E 473 from Mumbai to Bangalore was delayed by 12 minutes, at 22.02 HRS, due to weather conditions en-route to Bangalore. However, it took the airline 42 minutes to deliver baggage - first bag was delivered at 22.42 hrs! Bangalore Airport is very efficient and I have not experienced baggage delays in the past 3 years - both domestic and international flights. This delay was primarily due to inefficiency and bad co-ordination amongst the ground staff. Today, IndiGo Airlines ground staff were pathetic and inactive - they repeated baggage will be on belt in 2 minutes, while it actually took over 40 minutes. No supervisory staff were available to address the issue. Rain had stopped when this flight landed. Since this flight had no aerobridge facility, we had to disembark from the flight - walk down an uncovered ramp into the bus. None of us were wet - but airline ground staff observed heavy rain to delay baggage delivery by 40 minute! Indigo Flight 6E 412 from Kochi to Bangalore landed at 22.06 hrs, even this flight was late. But the last bag for this Indigo flight was on belt at 22.24 hrs. If the same airline can deliver bags for a flight that landed 4 minutes after the Mumbai-Bangalore flight, how can they blame the weather system! I don't see any reason other than staff inefficiency and bad co-ordination for this delay.

Indigo Airlines Customer review :  15 September 2014 by Singh Ashutosh (India)

Flew from Goa - Delhi on 11 Aug 2014, Flight on time. Nice and clean aircraft. Wide range of snacks available for purchase though rates were exorbitant. The only negative point would be air hostesses being less interactive and involved.

Indigo Airlines Customer review :  2 September 2014 by J Knibbe (South Korea)

Flew from Delhi to Coimbatore and then from Chennai to Kolkata. This is an outstanding low-cost airline. I couldn't really find any fault with them! All staff were very friendly, professional and helpful, the planes were modern and spotless, the captain gave informative and friendly announcements before, during and after the flight, the food and drinks were good quality and reasonably priced; and the inflight magazine was well-produced. In Delhi, we got stuck in a traffic jam caused by a sudden storm and so we only arrived at the aiport about 10 minutes before the flight. We assumed that we would miss the flight and have to make a plan B, but the excellent and helpful staff quickly issued us boarding passes and rushed us to the plane so we still got away on time.

Indigo Airlines Customer review :  12 August 2014 by Narendra Gajala (India)

I quite often travel from Pune to Nagpur and I would always prefer Indigo over other budget airlines. The ground staff and flight crew is humble and helpful and they give you good attention when needed. Flight crew seems well trained and organized compared to crew of other airlines. In-flight food options are good and inexpensive. They serve coffee unlike GoAir. Ticket pricing is better than competition.

Indigo Airlines Customer review :  7 August 2014 by Tanmay Bhakta (Australia)

I flew with them from Bangalore to Pune recently. Ground staff at Bangalore airport were a bit disorganized but managed to get us on board fast. Seat was fairly ok, but if you are a large person you will feel very uncomfortable as the armrests on this airline did not go up. After take off we were offered drinks despite Indigo being a budget airline. I felt a little hungry halfway through the flight and I manger to get a packet of chips for a cheap price. After which we landed in Pune fresh and nourished. Overall, Indigo I feel has service that is better than any other budget airline that I knew.

Indigo Airlines Customer review :  23 July 2014 by M Fewster (Australia)

Flew Chennai, Jaipur and return. Efficient service, good value and organization from a cut price carrier. New, clean aircraft, friendly staff. Only problem was that out first booking had not actually been confirmed, despite us having a booking number. I received nothing from Indigo to tell me this and I missed the small print on my booking. With an 30 minutes to spare, a very helpful groundstaff person went to a lot of trouble to get us new bookings and got us the last seats on our flight. Brickbats for not providing better info re the not confirmed booking (we still don't know why) but kudos to the staff member who helped us in Chennai airport.

Indigo Airlines Customer review :  4 May 2014 by Patell Rishad (India)

Flew BOM to Goa return and BOM to Delhi. The Goa flights were rescheduled many times and we got constant updates by SMS many weeks in advance. Check in at Bombay was smooth with the web check in counter being empty. Flights on time and service was good.

Indigo Airlines Customer review :  31 March 2014 by Prithvi Ramesh (India)

Flew MAA-AMD on Indigo 6e-237. Check in went smoothly, the flight was on time, it was clean and appeared new and had ample legroom. The food was delicious. The flight crew were quick and efficient. Overall good experience and no problems. Would fly Indigo again.

Indigo Airlines Customer review :  29 March 2014 by Rahul Kumar (India)

Flew Delhi-Chennai-Coimbatore in December with family. Check-in was swift and they even allowed little more luggage for our family. I had pre-booked meals and front seats. Non Veg food is served at room temperature which should be provided hot. Staff were friendly and flight was comfortable. I will definitely fly Indigo again.

Indigo Airlines Customer review :  13 March 2014 by Devayani Hirani (UK)

Kept waiting for more then one hour in the plane to pick up some late comers. I am a frequent traveller from abroad and was on Goa - Ahmedabad flight on 27th February. It was 3.25pm but took off after 4.30. The onboard crew or flight deck crew were not bothered about other passengers. The passengers we waited for had booked 150 seats. I was sitting right in the front seat in row 1 so could hear what was said. There was no apology from the crew or cabin staff. When we landed at Ahmedabad airport we reported to the ground staff. We were asked to complain to the customer service knowing there will be no outcome. It was first time I had travelled Indigo who boast of their punctuality. Never again.

Indigo Airlines Customer review :  5 March 2014 by Marek Wrobel (Poland)

Last week I flew from BOM to Goa and return. Both flights were slightly delayed (ca 15 mins) but the quality of the service has compensated for these minor delays. The planes are new, offering ample legroom - on the flight back we were offered emergency exit seats with no extra fee- which was really nice of them. This flight is really short- ca 37 mins from take-off to touch-down so not much time to offer paid (or pre-paid) meals. In general, comparing to European 'no frills' airlines, IndiGo presents generally a better offering and service.

Indigo Airlines Customer review :  26 February 2014 by M Satish (India)

Chennai - Mumbai and back. On time departure, clean aircraft, efficient cabin crew and on-time arrival. No wonder that they are the most preferred airline for domestic travel within India.

Indigo Airlines Customer review :  20 February 2014 by P Kale (Singapore)

I recently travelled on an Indigo flight from Delhi to Mumbai. My printed ticket stated that I was allowed to carry one checked in bag of 15 Kgs, one cabin bag of 7 Kgs and in addition a laptop bag. However, during check in, I was asked to weigh all three pieces (suitcase, cabin bag and laptop) and was told that the cabin baggage allowance was only a total of 7 Kgs, which includes laptop bag, shopping bags and cabin bag. So please note that if you decide to travel with Indigo airlines, you are only allowed one suitcase of 15Kgs and all your cabin bags (laptop, shopping bags and cabin bag) should not exceed 7 Kgs. Moreover, what is printed on the ticket makes no difference to them.

Indigo Airlines Customer review :  11 February 2014 by R Manohar (India)

Flight 6E 284 from Chennai to Delhi on 6th Feb 2014. I took the morning flight at 8.20 am, this meant that I did not have my breakfast before the flight. The flight duration to Delhi is 150 minutes. I wanted to have my breakfast on the flight, I was waiting with my purse in my hand. The air hostesses were slow and inefficient to say the least. They just walked past me and did not ask if wanted anything. They simply pushed the trolley past and went and sat down. I gave up and sat extremely hungry and frustrated.

Indigo Airlines Customer review :  29 January 2014 by Chadha Jitender (India)

Indigo Airlines Customer review :  13 January 2014 by S Srinivasan (USA)

MAA-DEL. It's been a few years since I've flown Indigo, but for the most part, their standards remain very good - easy check-in procedures, helpful service with a smile both on the ground and in the air, generally on-time, clean planes, and all for a good price. I decided to try the "Fast Forward" service, which provides priority check-in and priority baggage delivery for 200 rupees per person. While the services were delivered as promised, I found this to be an unnecessary expense, as the regular check-in line was very short, and baggage delivery in DEL is fast even without the priority tags. The seats, however, are rather hard and uncomfortable, especially if you are trying to sleep. I don't think I'd want to sit in these for more than a couple of hours, so consider this if you are considering trying their new international routes. Also, they appear to have recently dropped their domestic baggage allowance from 20kg to 15kg per passenger. Excess baggage fees are reasonable if prepaid online, but be aware of this, especially if you are connecting to an onward international flight.

Indigo Airlines Customer review :  2 January 2014 by Patel Beena (India)

I flew from Pune to Bangalore on 30th December 2013 on Flt 6E 407. I bought a chicken sandwich for my son and it was awful! I usually fly Indigo Airline because of it's assurance of timely arrivals and departures. I've never had a reason to complain until my last experience. The flight was delayed. But the worst part was that the on board staff was inattentive and didn't even attempt to sell any meals on board. They just served passengers who had pre-booked their meals. When I asked for the chicken sandwich, the flight attendant stared at me like I'd asked her to bring me an elephant from the zoo. This is the first time I've been on the receiving end of aloof treatment from Indigo staff.

Indigo Airlines Customer review :  29 December 2013 by Purna Ananth (India)

6E 427, BOM-MAA and 6E 278, MAA-BOM. Airplanes were clean, boarded on time, arrived on time (may be even a shade early), crew were friendly and helpful. Food items requested were available and tasty. Only negative is that service on board was slow leaving no time for inflight sales.

Indigo Airlines Customer review :  29 December 2013 by A Kashyap (India)

Nov 4 2013. Route: HYD-BLR. I have been a frequent flyer on Indigo over the years and the airline has never failed to deliver. As noted by others here, spotless aircraft, helpful crew members and on-time service are what set it apart. I recommend the airline to all my friends visiting India from abroad. I'm flying Indigo's international service for the first time next year and am looking forward to the same level of service.

Indigo Airlines Customer review :  12 December 2013 by J Sastry (India)

Pune to Delhi. I had booked my meals under Corporate Plan. I was served food only 15 minutes before the flight was to Land i.e 1.5 hrs after the flight took off. The service started late and then the crew were serving/selling in each row, going back to front rows, serving water, discussing menu options with those buying and chatting amongst themselves. On other airlines, food is first served to those who pre-book. After selling to all, they don't have many items left for serving. Suggest they keep the standard menu and serve pre booked passengers first.

Indigo Airlines Customer review :  15 November 2013 by I Lancaster (UK)

DEL-TRV, Nov 11. My first Indigo flight. As budget airlines go, excellent! Actually, strike "budget"! You get what you pay for and you know what you're paying for and Indigo delivered to a T and with aplomb. New, clean, airy decor aircraft, lovely FAs. And a lovely touch that others could copy: no jetway, but instead of steps up they have a ramp, so it's easy to get rollers up to the plane. Spent half an hour on the ground at Cochi, during which the cabin was well-cleaned (lavatories included) and properly vacuumed. Compare that to Ryanair!

Indigo Airlines Customer review :  10 November 2013 by Debaditya Haldar (India)

I booked my tickets through Indigo to travel to my hometown in Kolkata during Diwali. I am impressed with the services provided by Indigo. A320's were clean and spotless with great sitting arrangements and ample leg space.

Indigo Airlines Customer review :  16 October 2013 by M Jasuja (Germany)

Delhi-Bangkok-Delhi. New A320 aircraft's were clean. Since it is a budget airline they are very particular about checked in baggage and charge for every extra kilo. Even some passengers were nasty the flight attendants were friendly. I took my meal from airport so it was better and cheaper than on board. The flights were on time. I would fly IndiGo again!

Indigo Airlines Customer review :  14 October 2013 by A Swamy (India)

BLR-BOM return. On time departure, arrival before scheduled time for both flights. Smooth check-in process and assignment of seats. Clean and spotless aircraft's, legroom a bit limited though. Cabin crew very efficient and lot of smiles. Masala tea bought on board was tasty. Bus rides between gates and aircraft. On return leg, we were transiting from SIN (different airline) and had excess baggage. They just checked the boarding passes for the international leg and did not charge anything extra as baggage fees!

Indigo Airlines Customer review :  10 October 2013 by Prithvi Ramesh (India)

Flew from MAA to PNQ on 4th October. Check went on smooth. The flight was on time. The sandwich served onboard was excellent. Very clean and new aircraft. The flight arrived ahead of scheduled time. Overall wonderful experience. I would definitely fly with them again.

Indigo Airlines Customer review :  8 October 2013 by S Naida (India)

If you are looking to enjoy a comfortable flight, then look no further than Indigo. I am quite fussy about my travelling, because of which I have completely put my faith in Indigo Airlines. I love the fact that the flights are punctual and the passengers are not made to wait. The flight attendants welcome you with a warm smile and make you feel comfortable. The flights are well maintained and the washrooms are also hygienic. The crew and the management have certainly done a wonderful job in keeping their patrons happy and satisfied. There was plenty of legroom available on-board, even though my flight was full. If you are planning to travel with elderly people, then do not worry. The staff are extremely friendly. This airline has always been my preference over others. I will strongly recommend their services.

Indigo Airlines Customer review :  20 September 2013 by Ranjeet Bhardwaj (India)

My job requires plenty of flying and I am a frequent user of Indigo. Everything is up to the mark, the only thing that bothers me is the legroom, I will say that it is really not comfortable. Flying again in November with Indigo.

Indigo Airlines Customer review :  11 September 2013 by D Gujrathi (India)

I flew from Pune to Chennai, economy class, 12.00 noon flight. Friendly staff but bad food and very poor leg space compared to other airlines. Clean toilets, staff are helpful and friendly. Will definitely fly with Indigo again.

Indigo Airlines Customer review :  27 August 2013 by Giridhar Penumarti (UAE)

DXB-DEL-DXB and was returning with my grandmother who was a wheelchair passenger. DXB-DEL the flight was half full and that allowed a lot of space to stretch out and sleep in comfort and while the outgoing service was excellent, the return journey was par excellence. From the moment we arrived at T3, Delhi IGI our every need was met and every question answered with professionalism and friendliness. The ground handling staff member was very friendly and knowledgeable, the check in staff at Delhi were very friendly and helpful and the crew of 6E21 provided service that cannot be faulted. I would have no hesitation in travelling with Indigo Airlines again.

Indigo Airlines Customer review :  1 August 2013 by S Menon (India)

Afternoon departure from Chennai to Mumbai. Flight delayed but informed well in advance. Easy Check in. The aircraft was spotlessly clean. They managed to turnaround the aircraft in 20 minutes. Saw passengers disembarking from the previous flight at the same time when we were bussed to the aircraft which I thought was quite amazing. The cabin crew were very professional and took time to individually ask passengers on the feedback about the flight and quality of service. Will fly them again.

Indigo Airlines Customer review :  24 June 2013 by Daniel Johnson (USA)

Flew Indigo from Delhi to Bangalore and return. I have used Indigo several times over the years and the years and they have yet to disappoint me. I was particularly amazed at the great customer service and the cabin crew's happy attitude towards the customers. On-ground check in was fast and easy. Transfer from T3 (international terminal) at Delhi to the domestic terminal was a breeze this time around. Super clean planes. Will strongly recommend for travel for domestic flying in India.

Indigo Airlines Customer review :  22 June 2013 by S Karthekeyaan (India)

I flew from Delhi to Chennai. Good legroom space and good service by the cabin crew. The flight arrived early.

Indigo Airlines Customer review :  20 June 2013 by Rishad Patell (India)

Indigo from Mumbai to Goa and return. Flights were packed on both legs. We got emergency exit seats both ways as we asked for them. Great leg room and worth it for the 1 hour flight. Both flights on time. Service good. Planes are clean and they look new unlike many ageing Indian carriers. Value for money.

Indigo Airlines Customer review :  31 May 2013 by A Krummacher (Thailand)

I use Indigo regularly to fly BKK-DEL. Great airline with great fares! Easy to navigate website with no hidden costs. Never had any delays, actual departure in many cases before the scheduled departure time. Extremely friendly and cheerful crew. Only complaint the rather expensive food and drink onboard and not accepting Indian currency on international flights.

Indigo Airlines Customer review :  31 May 2013 by Bansal Shailesh (India)

26 May 2013, Jaipur to Chennai. I saw some dirty used cups and wet tissues in the seat pocket in front of me. I highlighted this immediately to the cabin crew whilst boarding was going on. Told it would be cleaned in the next clearance and nothing could be done at that time. I was shocked and surprised with this answer. The cleaning was done in Ahmedabad by ground staff and then the flight took off for my destination Chennai. On time performance took higher importance over cleanliness and hygiene. The attitude of cabin crew was horrible. I will never fly Indigo again.

Indigo Airlines Customer review :  24 May 2013 by N Sundera (USA)

Goa to Bombay. Flight delayed an hour "due to runway issues" in Goa. Ground staff very helpful and accommodating, and blocked out 2 adjacent seats for us at the front of the aircraft. Aircraft (A320) was clean, crew were efficient, although a little harried with the buy-on-board meal service given the short flight time. Good value for money and would fly them again.

Indigo Airlines Customer review :  14 May 2013 by Kumar Ganesh (India)

DEL-BLR-DEL. Both legs had a before time push back, reached destination 10-15 mins early. Quick, professional check-in. Had pre-ordered meals, good value for money. Only problem with this airline is that you cannot just pre- book seats, meals have to be booked with it, otherwise highly recommended.

Indigo Airlines Customer review :  7 May 2013 by S Menon (India)

Early morning departure from Chennai to Delhi. Boarding process completed before time and on time push back. Clean aircraft with an efficient cabin crew. Landed on time in Delhi. One of the best airlines to fly in India.

Indigo Airlines Customer review :  22 April 2013 by N Sasilatha (UAE)

New Delhi to Thiruvananthapuram via Kochi. Only Indigo has a direct flight in this sector at the time of writing. The flight experience was very good. Fare was cheap as booked early online, selected the meal plus seating combination- Indigo Plus. Check-in and boarding was efficient, flight departed and reached destination on time as per schedule. Though selected a standard seat on row 3,the legroom was very comfortable. The aircraft was new and interior was clean. The only bad thing was the pre booked food booked online wasn't up to expected quality. Not sure whether its because we ordered vegetarian meal.

Indigo Airlines Customer review :  12 April 2013 by Karl Moosbrugger (Austria)

Used Indigo BOM-TRV for the first time, main reason was no other suitable alternative available. The aircraft was spotless, looked brand new and the crew attentive and very polite. Legroom is very limited but I knew that before, so I can't complain and for a 2 hour flight I could survive it. Tasty snacks were sold at reasonable prices on board. Flight was on time.

Indigo Airlines Customer review :  14 March 2013 by Sidath Baranage (Sri Lanka)

I flew with Indigo in August 2012. Given the hype about this airline, I thought of giving them a try and they didn't disappoint. Website was easy to use. However, I wish they'd allow pre-booking of seats at least for a nominal fee. You have to buy 'Indigo Plus' which is meals + seat, so if you don't want a meal, there will be no seat selection. Aircraft was an A320 and it was in excellent condition. Cabin crew was polite and friendly. Food is available for sale and water is provided in cups free of charge. However, there isn't much space between the seats and does feel a little cramped.

Indigo Airlines Customer review :  25 February 2013 by Alan Lacey (UK)

MAA-TRV and TRV-BOM. Easy to use website for online booking and immediate text confirmation to my mobile. Fast courteous check in . New aircraft, comfortable seats and departures ahead of schedule. FAs were all smart, friendly and attentive. Great fare and an extra 600 rupees (about 7.50) got me a reserved extra legroom seat, food and drink. Food was fresh, excellent quality and well presented. Everything about this airline was slick and professional with an element of fun. A great experience and highly recommended.

Indigo Airlines Customer review :  12 February 2013 by S Menon (India)

Morning Departure from Mumbai. There was a snaking queue at check -in but the staff were very prompt and I got my boarding pass in 10 mins. Clean aircraft and push back 5 mins ahead of schedule. Landed in Chennai 15 minutes ahead of scheduled time. Good value for money.

Indigo Airlines Customer review :  3 February 2013 by U V Naresh (UK)

I was supposed to fly from Delhi to Mumbai this morning (10.25am) on Indigo, but Delhi airport was heavily fogged out and the runway operations had been shut for a few hours. I was not informed of any impending cancellations or delays and proceeded to the airport a normal. Upon arrival, I was very politely informed that no departures had taken place this day and Indigo were unsure when departures would take place. They immediately asked me if I would like to take the first available flight on the day, but because of the fog and my return on the same evening I declined and requested them if they could delay and reschedule this by a few days later which they happily and professionally did at no extra cost or dreaded penalties. The whole affair was so well handled, I was most impressed by Indigo's ground staff. This is one rare gem in the Indian aviation scene.

Indigo Airlines Customer review :  8 January 2013 by Tasneem Yousuff (Australia)

For the first time my husband and I travelled with Indigo airlines 2 days ago and were very sceptical as it was a budget airline and we had slightly excess baggage. To our surprise from our very first contact with the Indigo airline staff to the end of our trip we were impressed. The lovely young lady at Mumbai airport greeted us with pleasantries checked in our luggage which was a bit above the limit. Once on board on our flight to Singapore we found the seats spacious and comfortable, the crew courteous and professional. The inflight service was excellent and reasonably priced. We purchased some spiced chai and cookies that came beautifully packaged in a tin. Regular announcements by the crew were clear and polite. Would gladly travel Indigo Airlines again and highly recommend it.

Indigo Airlines Customer review :  8 January 2013 by W Montego (USA)

Flew MAA-PNQ (Chennai-Pune). Excellent crew and food service. Seats were terrible, and the plane was unclean. One thing I respect about IndiGo is their promptness. The problem with that was that as soon as all passengers had disembarked, the next group boarded. Nevertheless, the best domestic duty-free I've ever seen.

Indigo Airlines Customer review :  25 December 2012 by Kapil Khandelwal (India)

I travelled from Bangalore to Jaipur. The leg space between seats was the length of my iPad. If the seat in front is reclined, it would hit you face. Very uncomfortable amongst the low cost carriers. Looks like the airline is interested in making money by cramming more seats.

Indigo Airlines Customer review :  13 December 2012 by Rishad Patell (India)

BOM-DEL-BOM. Early morning departure from Bombay was on time and a good flight. Very full both ways. Good check in services and very courteous staff. Good airline to fly domestic.

Indigo Airlines Customer review :  12 December 2012 by V Bagaria (India)

Flew Kolkata-Bangalore via Chennai. Flight departed on time, the aircraft despite being one of their older ones was clean and well-maintained. The crew were simply superb. Though the catering onboard should improve. The variety is very restricted. We made an early arrival at Bangalore despite a late arrival in Chennai. Will fly them again.

Indigo Airlines Customer review :  25 October 2012 by V Agarwal (UK)

COK-BOM. Check in at Cochin a breeze, no queue at all. A320 was clean and modern. The flight attendants were active and friendly. on and arrived on time. In Mumbai the bags were out in ten minutes. Indigo made flying fun, from Cabin Crew with their Leading Lady and Miss Indigo badges, the aircraft steps had painted on the side "Here comes the hot stepper". The sandwiches to purchase in a box that said "airwich", even the cashew nuts came in a collectable tin which said "Nut Case" on it.

Indigo Airlines Customer review :  18 October 2012 by Ameya Chitre (USA)

BOM-BDQ on A320. Check-in was not as efficient as I have know Indigo to have. But it was not a problem. We were kept waiting for take-off due to congestion but flight itself was pretty standard efficient Indigo. The chief FA seemed rushed while making announcements.

INDIGO AIRLINES customer review :  1 October 2012 by Rishad Patell   (India)

Ahmedabad to Pune on Indigo. Check in was easy, fast and efficient. Clean plane with good service and a very friendly crew. On time and value for money.

INDIGO AIRLINES customer review :  6 September 2012 by Kumar Ganesh   (India)

DEL-COK-DEL. Excellent flight, both flights on time, as we had pre-booked meals and seats, check-in was a breeze. Overall, highly recommended as a premium low cost carrier.

INDIGO AIRLINES customer review :  9 August 2012 by Saketh Rahm   (USA)

Overall a good experience from HYD-BLR-HYD and HYD-DEL. Planes are new and modern, crew all young pleasant and helpful and speak perfect English. Seating is very tight - the person in from of me reclined their seat and it was in my face. They sell food which is tasty and well priced. One major negative as at check in at HYD. My company bought my ticket in the US and they asked me to produce the credit card. As I could not they denied me boarding until I bought another ticket which was very frustrating and almost caused me to miss the flight. They gave me an email print out for a refund but this is certainly not up to international standards.

INDIGO AIRLINES customer review :  8 August 2012 by Bijal Goswami   (India)

Goa to Mumbai on Sunday 5-8-2012. On time and welcomed by smiling crew. The plane was spotless and new. The food was reasonably priced and good. Short flight of 55 minutes. At the end the Pilot came out of the cabin to say goodbye to everybody.

INDIGO AIRLINES customer review :  7 August 2012 by B Michl   (Austria)

Dehli-Kathmandu-Dehli. Unfriendly staff, they ask you to be at the airport 4 hours before departure for international flights and 2 hours for domestic flights. Arrived 3.5 hours early, as anticipated no check-in counter was open. Nevertheless the plane seemed to be quite new and comfortable.

INDIGO AIRLINES customer review :  16 July 2012 by S Srinivasan   (USA)

MAA-HYD. The crews are friendly, the airplanes clean, they still run a largely on-time operation, and prices remain very affordable. The bad news is, the pains associated with flying "ultra low cost carriers" are now beginning to inflict the airline. Seat selection was free the last time I flew them a couple of years ago, but now they charge Rs. 100 per passenger. They also charge Rs. 50 to get a copy of your e-ticket at the airport. Neither one of those really bother me, though. What does bother me is the bogus Rs. 200 "convenience fee" that you now have to pay to book online, a fee that isn't disclosed until you get to the very last screen before payment. Even worse, if you have to make a change to your reservation, the "convenience fee" is charged every time you make a change. IndiGo is unfortunately picking up the bad habits of the Spirits and Ryanairs of the world, though at least the service is very good, for now anyway.

INDIGO AIRLINES customer review :  31 May 2012 by Madhu Sudan Sharma   (India)

Bangkok-Delhi. Plane was new though no inflight entertainment which most of them have. No food or beverage unless you buy. For a flight of 4.30 hours, strange thing. A cup of premixed tea cost 100 THB (INR 170.00).

INDIGO AIRLINES customer review :  30 April 2012 by S Krishnaswamy   (India)

Bangalore to Delhi return. Ground staff and cabin crew were friendly and efficient. The planes used also were new, clean and comfortable. The food too was pretty good. However it is better that they sell at least a water bottle. Although they do sell water, they provide it in paper cups and every time I had to pay Rs 40.

INDIGO AIRLINES customer review :  5 April 2012 by Savi Mull   (India)

BOM-LKO. Flew on Indigo thrice and all 3 flights were delayed. Paid extra to book seat of choice and meal. Check-in staff extremely rude and unfriendly. Cabin was not as clean as they rave about. Inflight cabin service without a smile. Only cold meals served. They also charge for wheelchairs with fares comparable to full service carriers. Not my choice and not recommended. Very pricey for a 'low cost airline'.

INDIGO AIRLINES customer review :  9 March 2012 by Monica Modak   (Spain)

SIN-DEL The flight was awful. I asked for an exit row seat and got the seat in front of exit row which did not recline. Had to sit upright for 6 hours. Babies hollering and crying everywhere. No food or drink unless you buy - they should at least serve a sandwich on an international flight - what does it cost? 50 cents?

INDIGO AIRLINES customer review :  2 March 2012 by Douglas Wittnebel   (USA)

Flew from Mumbai to Chennai on February 23rd, 2012. Enjoyed the experience and was impressed with the service and the inflight magazine.

INDIGO AIRLINES customer review :  28 February 2012 by H Hingorani   (Thailand)

BKK-BOM-BKK. Friendly crew. Check-in both in BKK and BOM easy. Food onboard was very expensive, compared to Air Asia. I always carry snacks. Water free. Plane 2/3 full. Everything was so hassle-free that I have already booked two more flights on this route for May and October at the same price.

INDIGO AIRLINES customer review :  6 February 2012 by V Arumugam   (Australia)

Kolkata-Chennai-Pune leg. The airline offers a very good product, with excellent staff to go with it. The aircraft is well-maintained, and the staff know what they are offering. They are a low-cost carrier, however, they don't cut corners on security and service.

INDIGO AIRLINES customer review :  28 January 2012 by R Prasidh   (India)

Airline staff at Ahmedabad were unprofessional and non-committal. Flight to Bangalore from Ahmedabad scheduled at 5 pm was delayed more than 3 hours and the behaviour of ground staff was irresponsible. As the expected time neared and no trace of the aircraft was seen, the answer I got from ground staff was "we don't know". Arrival at Bangalore airport was chaotic. It took ground staff more than 40 minutes to put the baggage on the carrousel. Passengers arriving on other airlines were exiting the terminal before our baggage was even on the carrousel. Indigo was my preferred airline until my previous trip - a very steep deterioration in quality.

INDIGO AIRLINES customer review :  5 January 2012 by O Amin   (UAE)

BBI-DEL. Flight slightly delayed due to late departure at Delhi. Seated next to the exit, no recline for the seat and the other passenger behind! Aircraft was clean although some parts broken. There were huge selections of snacks and beverages. Although the water comes in such a tiny glass, you have to pay for it. Cabin Crew friendly and with a natural smile. Overall, this airline is professional.

INDIGO AIRLINES customer review :  5 January 2012 by V Ladhani   (Germany)

BOM-DEL-BOM. Boarding was swift and passengers greeted by friendly cabin crew. The flight left on time and the service friendly with enough information was given by FA's. The flight on second leg was one hour late and IndiGo did manage to reach out passengers by sending SMS. Again friendly crew and clear information from FA's. The only downside is the food could be tastier. The food sold inflight has absolute no value of money and leg space is poor for an 188 cm man. I had to fit in and sit in slanting positing.

INDIGO AIRLINES customer review :  28 December 2011 by Badal Rag   (India)

DEL-BKK on newly introduced international service by Indigo. Clean aircraft, everything BOB, on time and professional crew. Not very different from domestic services, the only difference that food is priced in USD. The highlight was great value fare, booked well in advance.

INDIGO AIRLINES customer review :  14 December 2011 by C Vinod   (India)

Did BOM-MAA once and doing my second today. Great crew. Very helpful at check-in. Courteous onboard and new aircraft's. Only hitch is food. While ticket rates are on par with Jet and AI, particularly after KF problems, one has to buy food and that too from a limited choice. Pre-booking is there but the website does not guide as to how.

INDIGO AIRLINES customer review :  18 November 2011 by R Larson   (USA)

Kolkata to Hyderabad. Check-in staff pleasant. Cabin crew professional and courteous. Aircraft clean but seats very tight. For a 2-hour flight the low price was more important than seat comfort.

INDIGO AIRLINES customer review :  1 October 2011 by A Jain   (India)

Mumbai-Bangalore. Flight on time, great service from airport check-in to end stage. Well planned and executed model for passenger satisfaction. Taken to the aircraft by bus, this afternoon flight was full yet the flight attendants were calm and courteous. They worked seamlessly with an almost natural smile. Aircraft clean. Onboard options for food were plenty, though slightly pricey.

INDIGO AIRLINES customer review :  24 June 2011 by G Girish   (India)

BLR-DEL return trip. Had a good experience yet again. The flights took had a timely pushback. Onward journey a bit delayed due to bad weather at BLR and the pilot had to change the takeoff runaway direction. Crew courteous and got my pre booked food. Return journey was uneventful as well. Will surely continue flying Indigo.

INDIGO AIRLINES customer review :  17 February 2011 by Rishad Patell   (India)

Bombay-Jaipur return, Pune-Nagpur. Easy check in and nice friendly staff in Bombay. On the return (Jaipur to Bombay) we were asked to carry no hand baggage onboard as it was a high security day. The airline could have informed us earlier, as had breakable stuff in my hand baggage and they forced me to check it in. Pune to Nagpur efficient and competent crew.

INDIGO AIRLINES customer review :  4 February 2011 by V Alapaty   (USA)

Connection at Madras to Hyderabad (coming from US) and back to Madras connecting to US. Both trips an hour long each. Ground Staff helpful at both ends, cabin crew charming and helpful. A320 clean and comfortable, ample room in overhead bins. Remembering yester-years of Indian Airlines service attitude, it is amazing what the open market brought to traveling Indian public.

INDIGO AIRLINES customer review :  24 January 2011 by R Sunil   (India)

Return flights from Goa to Delhi, the experience was enjoyable with efficient checking in, DEL-BOM. An efficient airline which prides itself at being on time, with helpful air and ground crews. New, clean aircraft - just one grouse, though a low cost carrier, it would be great if the leg space was better. I am about 6 feet tall and it becomes uncomfortable in case of flights which are over an hour or so.

INDIGO AIRLINES customer review :  30 December 2010 by A Arnold   (UK)

Return flights from Goa to Delhi, the experience was enjoyable with efficient checking in, friendly and polite cabin crew and new air planes.

INDIGO AIRLINES customer review :  9 October 2010 by Simon Dadd   (India)

MUM-DEL. Excellent service - paid Rs300 for the front row which if you're my size is worth it! Inflight food is on a pay basis, nothing special but it's good size portions and not bonkers expensive. Great inflight crew, cheerful and engaging, brand new planes. My first choice now for domestic Indian flights.

INDIGO AIRLINES customer review :  8 September 2010 by Mukesh Lal   (India)

DEL-CCU-DEL, NAG-DEL a few times and happy to take IndiGo. The seat pitch makes me feel a little cramped at times but otherwise is excellent. The crew is courteous and always ready to help.

INDIGO AIRLINES customer review :  18 August 2010 by R Patell   (India)

Pune to Nagpur return. Smooth efficient check in. Flight 80 minutes with breakfast you can buy onboard. Due to turbulence the cart never got to where we were. Staff very pleasant. Return trip late evening flight. Delayed by 45 mins but managed to do a quick turn around and got us to Pune on time.

INDIGO AIRLINES customer review :  22 July 2010 by Adnan Mir   (Australia)

Bangalore to Mumbai, good quality from this budget airline. Flight on time, leg room good and boarding a breeze. I will use IndiGo Airlines as it is value for money.

INDIGO AIRLINES customer review :  5 July 2010 by Hirofumi Suda   (India)

Kolkata to Guwahati and Kolkata to Bangalore. Check-in okay, not too friendly. Aircraft were new so cabins kept clean. Seats okay. Cabin crew better than ground crew. Cheap tickets. The only complaint is that the food is expensive - INR 150 for chicken sandwich is too much, considering it's just a 2 piece sandwich which you can get for INR 50 at super-markets. The great thing about IndiGo is the on-time performance.

INDIGO AIRLINES customer review :  1 July 2010 by N Sarkar   (India)

Kolkata-Jaipur route, on time, clean aircraft and nice crew. One bad thing about this airline is that they do not even serve water at free. Snacks were expensive, outside foods are allowed.

INDIGO AIRLINES customer review :  30 June 2010 by S Dadd   (India)

DEL-CCU-DEL. Full flight outbound, but seated in front row which was good. No queues at checkin, nice crew, cheerful and professional. Flight left on time and landed early - baggage was off within a few minutes wait. Coming back slightly less good check in experience - at airport several hours early after arriving in international - wouldn't let us check in until 2 hours before departure. When asked for front row seats were told we'd have to pay - got it free on outbound, guess I was lucky! Flight crew again cheerful and attentive. Flight was early again, bags took about 20 mins but that's par for the course in Delhi. Inflight food not paid and ok value for money.

INDIGO AIRLINES customer review :  9 June 2010 by A Chitre   (USA)

BDQ-HYD via BOM. The check-in at Vadodara was smooth though they did not give me through check in to Hyderabad. I had to claim my luggage and re-check in at Mumbai but it was smooth. Ground staff courteous and efficient. Aircraft clean, cabin crew efficient and courteous. Boarding at Mumbai was chaotic. Overall not bad at all.

INDIGO AIRLINES customer review :  19 March 2010 by A Swamy   (India)

BLR-BOM on the early morning flight. Cabin was clean,. FAs attentive and courteous. We had pre-booked snacks and served a good Veg Sandwich and juice. Quite good. Other choices too were available.

INDIGO AIRLINES customer review :  19 December 2009 by S Anand   (India)

DEL-PNQ. Flight on time. Nice and clean aircraft. Wide range of snacks available for purchase though rates were exorbitant. The only negative point would be air hostesses being less interactive and involved.