Icelandair Passenger Reviews and Icelandair Passenger Trip Reports

1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Icelandair customer review :  19 July 2011 by Derek Salter   (South Africa)

Seattle-London via Keflavik. Both flights on time, both v full and both flights in Economy. Despite that seats were comfortable and personal TV system good. Staff pleasant and v helpful. A convenient and cost effective way between USA and UK especially if travelling one-way only.

Icelandair customer review :  15 July 2011 by Rajan Parrikar   (USA)

SEA-KEF in Saga Class. We had to share the British Airways Business Lounge at the Seattle airport. Boarding was on time and the 757-200 cabin was clean. The flight attendants were warm and friendly without being intrusive. Saga class seats are not lie-flat, but have a good width and recline to make the 7 hrs flight comfortable. IFE was more than adequate. Service and food were top notch. All in all, an excellent flight.

Icelandair customer review :  13 July 2011 by Mark Ackery   (USA)

Flew IAD-KEF-LHR in Saga class. IAD check in was ok, long time to wait until somebody turned up. A sign to say what time check in would open would be great. Flights and crews fantastic, friendly, chatty and attentive. Food excellent and I will never hesitate to fly Icelandair again. Saga lounge in KEF is excellent and the Virgin lounge in IAD is very comfy with great staff.

Icelandair customer review :  13 July 2011 by Allison Campbell   (USA)

We flew roundtrip from Seattle to Glasgow on Icelandair. We had to stop in Reykavik - (KEF) both ways. What they don't tell you is that they have no seats at the gates in this airport. Everyone stands around in a crowd. Not good if you have a bad knee. It was raining at KEF, but we were unloaded down steps in the rain and walked across the cement runway getting soaked on the way. Also, their care of luggage is horrible. Luggage was unloaded in the rain, with no cover to help protect it on the trams. At the conveyor belt, there were items falling out of the suitcases, because they had opened them to check, but did not fully zip the luggage closed. People complained their luggage did not show up. The attendant from Icelandair stated all luggage was done. My daughter got on the side and looked down the conveyor. She pointed out to the attendant that she could still see 10-12 suitcases down there. Only then, did the attendant start the conveyor again! Thanks to my daughter, a dozen people did not have to fill out forms. Also, I hope you are slender, because the seats are much smaller than on American carriers, If you want to sit close with your sweetie, you're out of luck because the arm rests do not raise like on Delta.

Icelandair customer review :  1 July 2011 by Sandra McDonald   (USA)

BOS-KEF-BOS. Overall, I can't complain. It was a fairly decent experience overall. Both outbound and return flights left and arrived on time. Seats were decent. You have to buy your own food on board in the Economy cabin. Economy cabin staff were reasonably attentive. Inflight entertainment screens were available but I can't comment on them since I didn't use them much. The one bit of trouble I had was that I had flown into Terminal E at BOS on another, non-codeshared airline in order to connect to my Icelandair flight. There were no Icelandair check-in kiosks in this area (behind security) and no agents, so I could not check in for my Icelandair flight. I tried calling the airline phone but could not reach anyone. An agent finally showed up at the desk about an hour before boarding time. I was able to check in for the flight but because of the late time, my seat assignment got mixed up. Things worked out OK, though.

Icelandair customer review :  25 June 2011 by J Hayes   (USA)

Flew AT-KEF via IAD. Luggage checked through to KEF. We checked in DC with the Icelandair gate agent and were told the luggage was "in the system". Now we are in Reykjavik ready to leave for 2 weeks and we still have no luggage. Does Icelandair care - no! They said when it turns up it turns up. Thanks Icelandair. And we were flying Business Class.

Icelandair customer review :  25 June 2011 by S Blan   (USA)

Flying SEA-London. Icelandair changed mine and my husband's seats (without notice - so instead of siting by each other for a 7 hr flight we are seated by strangers. Sort of defeats the purpose of Comfort Economy.

Icelandair customer review :  16 June 2011 by M Hunt   (UK)

I bought a ticket to fly from Manchester to Seattle via Iceland. Less than 24 hours prior to my departure I was informed by my travel agent that my connecting flight had been rescheduled and I would have a layover in Iceland for 24 hours - if I were to stay in a hotel this was to be at my own expense. I had booked through a travel agent and she was able to reschedule me on a KLM flight instead, she also secured my refund although it took 6 weeks to come through. Icelandair were unapologetic and absolved all responsibility saying it was their prerogative to reschedule the flights. I make this journey 2-3 times a years and would be reluctant to risk them again.

Icelandair customer review :  11 June 2011 by Rajan Parrikar   (USA)

SEA-KEF, B757-200 in Business class. Icelandair use the British Airways lounge at SeaTac. The seats onboard were wide and comfortable but are not flat bed. The flight attendants were engaging and outstanding service. The food was nice.

Icelandair customer review :  9 June 2011 by S Hanke   (USA)

SEA-KEF-FRA, return HAM-KEF-SEA. Inflight service good, food for purchase the same as you get on a domestic US flight. IFE good, but screen did not work correctly. Connection time in Keflavik was short but caught next flight. On the return I had a 7 hour layover, had a great time at the blue Lagoon. Airport is easy to navigate and has restaurant and shops.

Icelandair customer review :  6 June 2011 by Mark Hurter   (Switzerland)

CPH-KEF-CPH, B757-300. Exit seat on way out and front part of the aircraft on the way back. Not sure if this is the area for Economy Comfort if sold. Legroom very good. Outbound crew was friendly except for the Purser. Buy onboard choice is small food wise. Snacks ok. Check-in in KEF was bad as huge queues. Checked earlier with German and Icelandic staff and they confirmed that through check of luggage with LX is possible. Staff first refused and after discussing, checked it through - but did not want to hand out boarding passes for further flight. Purser on the way back even worse. Yelled at people who tried to stow hand luggage but could not find any space. Rest of the crew not much better. Ran out of croissants after the 3rd row that was served on an early morning flights. No choice to Iceland (except for Iceland Express), therefore airline is mediocre.

Icelandair customer review :  5 June 2011 by Andrey Gerasenkov   (USA)

OSL-KEF-JFK, B 757-200's, comfortable seats, individual IFE screens. Movie selection quite dated, games not working. Food, headphones and alcoholic beverages offered for sale. FA's attentive.

Icelandair customer review :  23 May 2011 by G Steele   (UK)

Glasgow/Seattle return. Biggest problem was return flight. Customs/Immigration check at SEA all OK. Then changing at KEF more checks, then stopping at Manchester, we had to leave plane with hand - baggage and walk miles for rigorous customs checks, it was at least 15 minute walk, carrying hand baggage. My wife and I are in our 80s and it was exhausting for us with no offer of assistance. We will not travel with them again. Keflavik was chaos and the cabin service was poor and the staff icy - It is no loner a cheap service either.

Icelandair customer review :  22 May 2011 by S Holmes   (Thailand)

I neglected to read Icelandair reviews until after I had purchased my full fare business class tickets. I decided to cancel, when I called for a refund, I realized why it's only a 3 star airline. After 6 phone calls and promises of immediate refund, I was called a liar and told to expect a minimum of 2 months to get my refund.

Icelandair customer review :  9 May 2011 by M Bolton   (UK)

Received email less than 3 days before flight advising delay of 8 hours, meaning arrival in Iceland after midnight. Customer relations indifferent. Had to cancel as this was to be a short trip.

Icelandair customer review :  6 May 2011 by Brian Elliott   (UK)

MAN-KEF-MAN Economy B757. Seat pitch reasonable and surprisingly good IFE for short haul sector. FA's pleasant and service was polite and efficient with complimentary soft and hot drinks. Checked in online ex UK with easy seat selection. Return leg not quite as problem free - inbound aircraft went tech in Toronto, so offered slightly earlier flight to LHR and then onward to MAN with BA. Despite having to change terminals at LHR and transiting T5, baggage still made it to MAN.

Icelandair customer review :  21 March 2011 by K Jerome   (USA)

BOS-KEF-ARL in economy. Flight was fine. Seats comfortable and IFE varied and good, but bring your own headset as they charge. Child had a free meal on each leg of the flight, but adults had to pay for food. Have to say that the quality of the inflight food is somewhat better now that you must buy it. When it was free, it was inedible. Flight attendants were glacially efficient. As others have said, it was mass chaos when it was time to pass through passport check and connect with our flight to Sweden. Afraid we would miss our flight, but somehow they processed everyone in time to catch further flights. On the way back, KEF was less chaotic and we had a couple hours to wait. Had a totally delicious Icelandic lamb sandwich at the small cafe. Will be flying them again this summer as they are the least expensive option for us.

Icelandair customer review :  10 March 2011 by M Unger   (Iceland)

I fly regularly with Icelandair, usually flights are on time and checkin/boarding goes smoothly. The seats are relatively comfortable. The food used to be free - now food and drinks must be bought, but drinking water is usually provided, sometimes a bottle that passengers help themselves to at boarding time. At odd times in the flight (on morning flights, about half an hour after takeoff, just when one is about to drift off to sleep), loud advertisements touting the miracles of Iceland obviously aimed at tourists, blast from the screens cannot be turned off. Flight attendants are decidedly unfriendly and seem to view passengers as an inconvenience that must be at best endured. Flights are very expensive compared to other carriers. Not recommended unless nothing else is available.

Icelandair customer review :  4 March 2011 by E Bones   (UK)

Saga class from LHR to Minnesota via Iceland. Takeoff was delayed from LHR, and consequently the lunch offering was later than expected, this causing a problem to one of us due to a dietary requirement to eat regularly. Having been advised of this the cabin crew responded with speed and concern, providing an assortment of suitable snacks. Check in at LHR were less than impressive with one common queue for all classes, and a surly booking clerk who appeared to view politeness and service as an inconvenience.

Icelandair customer review :  26 February 2011 by M Shoesmith   (UK)

LHR-KEF-LHR : it is a shame that it feels and runs as if it was a budget airline carrier. Soft and Hot Drinks complimentary only, flight tickets cheap, the only positive point is you can check-in online and they still let you on with 20kg luggage. Flight on time each way and good B757 layout with good legroom - staff actually smiling this time and seemed good with customer service. Pilots gave detailed flight briefing and entertainment screens were average for a 3 hour flight.

Icelandair customer review :  15 February 2011 by A Mueller   (USA)

SEA-KEF-SEA in Economy. Onboard seats were comfortable and pretty good leg room. IFE was on- demand and worked perfectly. You have to pay for food in Economy, but considering how inexpensive the ticket was ($950 for two people, round trip) and that almost all US airlines make you do the same for flights almost as long, I didn't mind. Cabin crew were nice and efficient service. Return flight was the same, except delay slightly longer due to weather at KEF and I was able to get an emergency exit row that had great leg room. I like that Icelandair doesn't charge you for checked baggage or exit row seating. Icelandair is better than any US airline, save Hawaiian.

Icelandair customer review :  22 January 2011 by Angela Hughes   (USA)

I don't ever do this, but needed to let people know that this airline is a total shambles. I bought a cheaper ticket than BA - Seattle to London, although I was put off by the rudeness of the customer service representative, subsequently changed the day of my flight which cost me $275 (!) again a very rude customer service person. Then Icelandair cancelled my flight - no apologies for the inconvenience, just a phone message saying I was eligible for a full refund. I am still, 3 months later, battling with them to get my money back. You send an email to the refund dept, they reply 3 weeks later. There is no-one to talk to over the phone except very rude customer service people! Never again. I had my doubts when I read the reviews and now I know that this is the worst travel experience I have ever had.

Icelandair customer review :  14 January 2011 by A Baum   (UK)

LHR-KEF Economy. Very pleasant flight. Surprised to find IFE on a short European flight. Modern planes, friendly crew, excellent food available for purchase. A definite difference to the increasingly no-frills service provided by other European airlines.

Icelandair customer review :  16 November 2010 by Thomas Saeter   (Norway)

Bought round trip from Oslo to Orlando in economy class. Booked emergency exit seats on all flights, without extra cost. The plane was clean, ok food and service. However, flight attendants could have been more smiling. The entertainment is a bit obsolete, old movies and bad selection of games.

Icelandair customer review :  4 October 2010 by S Lewison   (USA)

Economy Comfort

We purchased the Economy Comfort seats thinking we would have a few more amenities. Our included dinner was a choice of several mediocre items - a wrap (horrible), a sandwich, - all wrapped in some type of plastic wrap and thrown onto a paper table cloth put on our tray. Beer and wine were provided. Cabin attendants were busy with the economy class and very seldom seen. From MSP to Iceland the seats were fine, 2x2, personal monitor, comfortable seats. From Iceland to Germany our seats were 3x3, monitors were not in good places for us to see, no computer connection as promised and seats similar to economy. For the additional cost of Economy Comfort, I expected more.

Icelandair customer review :  28 September 2010 by J Vergaert   (UK)

Brussels to Reykjavik Saga Class: great seats, food, attentive and friendly service, good supply of drinks, full AVOD and a very interesting Icelandic modern music channel. No internet check-in, no lounge or fast track in Brussels, and overcrowded lounge in Reykjavik. Considering the price paid, still a great value.

Icelandair customer review :  20 September 2010 by G Legg   (UK)

MAN-KEF-YHZ return business class. Very good value for money, the experience was good, excellent food, aircraft were clean and service was extremely efficient. My area for criticism was no lounge in Halifax, and the seats did not recline much nor did they have an adjustable foot rest.

Icelandair customer review :  19 September 2010 by D Jones   (Canada)

Economy Comfort Class Toronto-Reykjavik-Helsinki return. A mixed experience flying Icelandair but generally great and decent value for money. Crew were professional and courteous on all flights, aircraft clean and modern and flights on time. One of the perks of booking Economy Comfort Class is often the ability to reserve seats in the Saga Class cabin - ie business class seats for economy prices. I was sat in these seats on all 4 sectors which made for a relaxing and comfortable journey. Icelandair seems to oversell economy, pushing these passengers into the Economy Comfort cabin and the Economy Comfort passengers moved to the rear of business class. Other benefits were priority check-in - a huge bonus in Reykjavik, where as a previous report states, early morning is total chaos in the check-in area. Saga lounge was good and a welcome place to spend transit time. One negative is the onboard service. They promise meal service on all flights, but the reality is you get a free sandwich or snack from the buy onboard economy offering as they pass through to serve economy - not really as advertised. I found Keflavik airport to be excellent. Good shops and restaurants and a pleasant place to spend time in, although seating is at a premium.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Icelandair Reviews Icelandair Passenger Opinions about Icelandair product Icelandair service standards