Icelandair Passenger Reviews and Icelandair Passenger Trip Reports

1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Icelandair Customer review :  3 June 2013 by Tom Holt    (UK)

Round trip LHR-KEF, October 23rd and October 27th 2012. Economy. Never flown Icelandair before this flight and my first impressions were mixed. Flight was on time and the aircraft was smart, quiet, comfortable and clean. However the cabin crew going weren't exactly friendly, they were polite but didn't bother to smile. Return trip was similar, flight was on time and the aircraft (757-300) was very smart and comfortable. However the cabin crew were worse than the outbound trip, they were inefficient and quite rude at times, and missed my row completely when they were doing the drinks service. The Captain coming back was excellent, very detailed route details and sounded reassuring. The in flight entertainment was excellent, turned on before take off even, although the system was slow at times. Overall Icelandair are very good in terms of punctuality, flight crew and comfort, however the cabin crew let down Icelandair here.

Icelandair Customer review :  1 June 2013 by Fe Herras    (Canada)

May 22, 2013. Flight 630, Iceland to Toronto. Very hungry because food was for sale, only drinks to satisfy the customer. The passenger seated behind me was a mother with a child, who cried the entire trip. Said passenger, tried to stop her daughter from crying, by playing with her legs tapping them on the back of my seat. Passengers squashed in on very few seats. All in all, I'm very dissatisfied with Icelandair.

Icelandair Customer review :  30 May 2013 by Caleb Langford    (USA)

SEA-AMS on DE, via FRA. Uncertain of exactly how long my business trip would take, I booked one way segments. Overall, I would give the experience 3.5 out of 5 stars, mostly because of the fact the airline uses Boeing 757/200 and 300 series aircraft, while I prefer the more spacious, less confining comfort of twin aisle or wide body jets. Service wise, Saga class is worth the upgrade, if for nothing more than the extra legroom. The seats are old generation recliner seats like those found on US domestic first class years ago. They are fine for day flights, but I wouldn't want to attempt a comfortable nights rest in one. Meal service on board is limited to 2 choices of entrees, and the flight attendant told me one of them is usually a fish dish of some kind. I only had just short of an hour for my connecting flight from KEF to SEA, so I didn't have time to stop off in the lounge. It's interesting to note that all of Icelandair's flights arrive and depart KEF around the same time, so it can get very busy at the customer service counters. It wasn't a bad experience overall, but this wouldn't be my first choice for transpacific flights. In fact, the price was the most appealing factor in choosing to use Icelandair.

Icelandair Customer review :  27 May 2013 by David Stevens    (USA)

Round trip Denver/Reykjavik in June 2012 in economy coach. All was fine. Price was excellent. We understood that Icelandair is an economy-priced airline and we were pleased. We are trying Icelandair again at the end of August 2013 doing Denver/Paris round-trip in Economy Comfort. We are doing this solely to have a little extra room and no one sitting with us in our aisle. For the price we think it will be fine. Friends we traveled with to Reykjavik last year are using Icelandair again for a Denver/Glasgow round trip. They said they were pleased last year so are using the airline again.

Icelandair Customer review :  13 May 2013 by S Walia    (USA)

Bought a Saga class (their business class ticket) from LAX to FRA. First leg turned out to be economy on Frontier which was not clear to Denver. Flight in Denver to Reykjavik was delayed. No one at airport to talk to since Lufthansa does the ground service. No body available on the phone since their customer service does not operate on Sunday! Missing my connection means I miss all my business meetings and I'm in Frankfurt for just a day. They don't even have a lounge in Denver. No food served from LAX to Denver. Amazingly bad for business class. This airline does not care.

Icelandair Customer review :  7 May 2013 by B Houle    (USA)

BOS-KEF-GLA and return. Saga Class. Everything was okay in Boston but when we reached the airport in Iceland the only way to board the connecting plane to Glasgow was to climb up steps to the aircraft. As a senior with disabilities this was no mean feat. No assistance was offered either. It was apparent that the airline people do not care for any passengers other than the Icelandic people. After paying extra for Saga class I was disappointed in the service. I don't appreciate the rudeness of the Icelandic people. I have flown all over the world and this airline it by far one of the worst. The boarding area for international flights is total chaos. There is no organization at all. Saga Class and Economy Comfort are supposed to board first. This did not happen. I would not recommend this airline to anyone.

Icelandair Customer review :  6 May 2013 by A Campbell    (USA)

My new husband and I decided to take the 5hr flight to Scotland (Honeymoon vacation) because it was the cheapest by far. We had done several 5hr flights before and thought we would be fine. I have never seen a people that so openly made it apparent they hate Americans. It started after the flight took off and I asked the attendant for a drink of water. She sneered at me, nodded, and I never got the drink. When the food car came by she went past us. At first I thought it was just us but then I noticed they ignored three other American couples. Halfway through the flight two small children started playing in the isle. I thought they would stop it but no. And when i asked them to make it stop, because the children were kicking peoples seats, the attendant just gave me this bored look and said something to the children in Icelandic. Sure the seats were really small and cramped and the food and entertainment were ok, but that is to be expected.

Icelandair Customer review :  6 May 2013 by M Heather    (UK)

LHR-KEF-BOS, JFK-KEF-LHR Saga Class. Punctual flights with older aircraft (Boeing 757) but well maintained inside. On demand IFE with a wide choice of entertainment. Polite and willing flight attendants. And plenty of good food and drink. The dinner back from JFK (Icelandic lamb) was one of the better in flight meals I've had, and the rest were more than passable. Saga Class is an 'old fashioned' business class. There's no flat bed, but a nice wide leather seat. I chose Icelandair as our work travel budget is currently constrained, and a fully changeable and refundable ticket was two thirds the price of a non changeable business class ticket on other carriers. My only niggle, and it's small but ought to be addressed, is that some of the overhead bins in Saga Class were used for storage of blankets and crew bags. Premium passengers should not be fighting for room in the overheads bins. But overall, I'm well satisfied and will use again.

Icelandair Customer review :  2 May 2013 by K Soosaar    (Canada)

I have flown Icelandair on many occasions. In the 60s to Luxemburg, when it was the best and cheapest way to Europe from North America. Later to Scandinavia, at which point I could afford the Business Class. Occasionally in Coach when the other grades were full, but I needed to get there better than SAS could provide. My last flight to Reikjavik from Toronto was hell. Only economy was available when we booked in January, although our preference was for the better seats, or business class. When we found our seats they were the non-reclining row ahead of the wing door, and as a very tall person this was not a good sign. After about an hour into the flight, the agony in my legs began. My estimate is that this particular row had a seat pitch of 29 inches, as opposed to the claimed 32 which would have been ok. Having an aisle seat, I stretched out but was sternly forbidden by officious attendants. I apologized for being in their way, and asked about some relief from the 29 inches, which was not available since the plane appeared to be sold out. What concerned me , beyond the obvious personal discomforts, was the continuing attitude of the flight attendants. We are returning on our flight back tomorrow. One of our party experienced a slight injury to an ankle in Iceland and we have requested wheelchair assistance within the airport in Stockholm and Reikjavik. I assume all will be done properly or I will trouble you again with my addendum to this critique. Please believe that I have not written these critiques very often at all, but I like Iceland and Icelandair and would like them to do well.

Icelandair Customer review :  17 April 2013 by B John    (UK)

Surprised how good Icelandair business class was. It's not top class but then neither is the price. Travelled from Manchester-Toronto it was quick, clean and very comfortable. We also loved Iceland. The Saga Class lounge was very impressive.

Icelandair Customer review :  26 March 2013 by Georgios Vrontos    (Greece)

MUC-KEF-MUC on a well kept B752, both flights on time. Seating was comfortable on leather seats, blankets and pillows were available, IFE nice with plenty of movies. Flight attendants eager to help people with their luggage (both flights full) to find storage space for their luggage, eager to offer orange juice, water. Paid meal consisted of 2 tiny pieces of warm hamburgers for €6 = tasteless, all other selections were cold.

Icelandair Customer review :  25 March 2013 by Derek Salter    (South Africa)

JFK to LHR via KEF - 15/16 March. On time departure and arrival. Comfortable seating and pleasant staff. No free food in economy - just complementary soft drinks - so you avoid the usual airline food! Good value too especially if flying one-way only. Customer service staff in Keflavik airport very helpful. I inadvertently left my wallet on the flight from JFK - they returned to me intact before boarding the connecting flight to LHR. Highly recommended.

Icelandair Customer review :  5 March 2013 by M Schweizer    (Switzerland)

MUC-KEF, KEF-MUC: Superb value! Both flights were on time. Enough legroom and very good seating. Great IFE with a broad variety of movies, music and information about Iceland. Spotless plane. Everything perfect except that you have to pay for the food and quality of the food was OK but nothing special.

Icelandair Customer review :  26 February 2013 by Alan Thompson    (UK)

London Heathrow to Iceland Keflavik return. A very good experience though pricey probably due to UK half term holiday. Simple online check-in and bag drop for each sector, very roomy in Economy, in-flight entertainment fine. Good service on board, free hot and soft drinks. Both flights arrived slightly early. Baggage retrieval fast in Iceland, slow at Heathrow. Very civilized.

Icelandair Customer review :  22 January 2013 by Murat Nal    (UK)

SFB Orlando - Iceland - LHR. Check in quick and friendly, business lounge at Sanford absolutely terrible. One kettle for hot water, one coffee flask, pre packaged cookies, crisps. If you want hot food they will order it for you from the terminal and you will have to pay them. Not up to international standards. Flight itself was pleasant but the food flying into Sanford was better then flying out. Seats comfortable, entertainment good, service pleasant. Lounge at home city Iceland good with the airport full of duty free shops and all selling the same goods. Boarding at Iceland unorganised with no priority given to children, disabled or business. On board toilets clean, food ok, seats comfortable. Although the aircraft used on European flights are not as good as American routes. All flights on time. Comment I would make is I still don't know when they fly to Orlando as it is seasonal. Hope they would could make it more clear on their Internet site.

Icelandair Customer review :  7 January 2013 by Peter Kempa    (Canada)

Very poor service. Loud muzak piped in, impossible to turn down or turn off. No in-flight meal, only one, barely more than half-filled, small cup of coffee on a 6 hour flight. Some of the attendants were haughty and rude. Focus on trying to sell you things, rather than on trying to make your flight more comfortable. On the plus side, seats and legroom were reasonably good, fares are very inexpensive and check-in and boarding were carried out very efficiently. Flight 614, November 21-22,2012, New York, New York (JFK) to Keflavik, Iceland (KEF).

Icelandair Customer review :  3 January 2013 by C Akin    (USA)

I traveled to London on Icelandair in November 2012. We purchased Economy Comfort class of service for less than what most of the other airlines were charging for regular coach. This allows you access to the airport lounges which in my opinion is worth every penny. The SAGA lounge in Reykjavik where we had our layover was very nice and a great break after the long trip across the ocean from Orlando, FL. Seating was great and the entertainment options in seat were plentiful. Food on board was good but nothing extraordinary. (Food is also included free of charge in Economy Comfort vs Economy). Staff were friendly and available as well. I would recommend Icelandair for their transatlantic service. I plan to use them again soon.

Icelandair Customer review :  28 December 2012 by Murat Nal    (UK)

London - Iceland - Sanford FL. Very quick check in, lounge just OK in T1. On board B757 aircraft clean, crew friendly, seats excellent - wide with plenty of leg room. Food OK selection of two main courses. For the 2.5hr flight not worth the extra money. Lounge in Iceland small - very friendly airport but very crowded (Christmas rush). Onward flight 7.5hr - very pleasant. Food selection good and tasty, entertainment good selection, nice amenity kit. Seats good but one negative point is that if the person in front fully reclines it gets uncomfortable. Flight and crew excellent. For the extra money paid for this leg it was well worth it.

Icelandair Customer review :  20 December 2012 by Michael Shoesmith    (UK)

10th Dec 2012, KEF-LHR. Still quite a nice airline although it is shame they have got rid of their free meal service as it still feels like a rip off compared to the budget airlines who fly. Icelandair still has this budget airline feeling. The free non-alcoholic drinks are nice but the flight attendants only came around once. The in flight screens are a nice touch. It is such a shame that this airline doesn't have bigger planes for their transatlantic routes such as A340's. I will fly them again as they are always punctual and reliable, but the flight tickets should be far more competitive otherwise the budget airlines as we speak are winning my vote.

Icelandair Customer review :  14 December 2012 by Aikman Skorri    (Iceland)

I was travelling with a group of 16 from Keflavik to London. We had already booked our seats. For some reason Icelandair changed all this without letting us know. We were seated all over the plane. When we approached the staff with our problems there was no will in correcting this - in fact they were very rude. When we finally got to the plane we noticed that most of our original seats were empty. Cabin crew showed the same attitude as the staff at check-in - rude and not willing to do anything for the group. I know that Icelandair has attractive prices - but my advise is stay away!

1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Icelandair Reviews Icelandair Passenger Opinions about Icelandair product Icelandair service standards